Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning,

Can't believe it's Monday morning already! Didn't get home till 4:30 yesterday.

Marlene- Hope all goes well with DS and the court date. Glad that you were there to celebrate Maya's birthday with her!

Linda- Your neighbor is going through a lot of changes right now- glad that you are there to offer her moral support!! WTG on the prayer shawl.

Cindy, Val, Mary, Judy, Marisa, and everyone- hope you have a good day today.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. I'm on call for work again. It's raining here, so I'm achy and as a result slept poorly. However, I'm up and ready to go in if they need me.

Marlene, sending good thoughts for ds in court today. Too bad you couldn't take Maya home with you.

Linda, your neighbor sure has a lot going on. It's nice you could be there for her.

Mary, love your screen saver picture.

Have a good day, everyone.

It started to rain last night about 5:00 pm and didn't stop until noon today.  The ground is soggy and saturated again with puddles everywhere.  I've got a headache, don't feel super good, and ache a lot, which is making me very cranky and out-of-sorts today.  Sweet Pea is keeping close to me which helps a lot.  I didn't sleep good last night with the storm moving in, so will try for an earlier night tonight.

I never did go to work today. I guess my ICU is busy, but two of the others are really slow. I'm scheduled to work again tomorrow.

I spent the day decluttering and reading. I need to get rid of a lot of stuff. Just because I have room for something does not mean that I need to keep it! I'm even going to pare down my cookbook collection. I can find a recipe for anything I want online. I will keep some though, I like to "read" them sometimes.

Hi all,

Cindy- I know what you mean about de-cluttering. When I have a little spare time that is exactly what I plan to do. It felt great just to declutter two cabinets in the kitchen last Saturday! I have built in shelves in my family room along with two freestanding bookshelves full  of books and some knicknacs (spelling?) . I'm thinking of replacing some of them with some of my yarn.

Linda- It was a rainy, soggy day here too yesterday and more on the way today. It has been a very wet June so far! Glad our pool isn't yet opened. We're hoping to get it opened this weekend. Hope you got a good night's rest. I got my usual, but could have slept longer if the alarm didn't wake me up.

Just looked at the clock and as the saying goes- time to make the donuts! Have a good day everyone!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Glad you were there for your friend. She's letting go of to many things all at once. Hope you got a good nights sleep and feel better.

Joanne, Maybe you can call it an early night tonight and get more rest.

Cindy, It was really foggy here this morning. We have mornings that it's foggy here but not down the road due to the lake. So I never now if it's just us or all over unless I'm leaving the house.

Things went in DS favor at court. This is going to be an ongoing battle with the ex until Jocelyn graduates. She trained him well with everything she took the kids dad to court about.

I found something the kids will right up. Spaghetti. They both had two plates. It's hard to find something they will both eat. I made peanut butter cookies yesterday at Payton's request.

I hope everyone has a great wednesday!

Hi All - another busy and horrible week.  Still dealing with the insurance company but hopefully we'll get the tree out tomorrow and then can begin the repair to the playground.  It's been really hard on the kids as it's too hot to go into the gym (It's now SUMMER--with 100 degree heat and lots of humidity due to all the rain we've had--forget spring LOL).  Work has been horrible - a lot of stress and not sure it's going to go away anytime soon.  Can't go into all that's happened but I'm needing a vacation and it's a long time until next March :(

Lots has happened while I've been away.  Did a little reading but I have the boys tonight, so I need to get them to bed. 

Someone asked about the knee--I saw the surgeon today and I got an A+ for the bend but a B- for the straightening.  So I'm still in the brace for at least another month.  I see him again in 3 months but by then I should be good on all counts. 

Well, I'd better go and get the little ones to bed!  Have a great evening!

Hi, everyone.  Work went well today.  One of the customers wanted to know what the monkey said.  I didn't know.  In checking him out, I discovered that the batteries were dead.  So I replaced them and got him to laugh and wriggle, but his banana came off.  I sewed it back on for her and she bought him as a gag gift for a friend of hers who loves bananas and eats more than one at a time.  Another sale thanks to me listening and fixing things.  She came back later and bought a dress and two fascinators as well as what she bought the first time around.

I gave Lisa some camomile tea to try to settle her stomach as she's still nauseated.  The doctor cut back on the new meds to give her time to get used to them before going back up to the higher dose.  Hopefully that will help soon, too.

Hope things at work go more smoothly for you soon, Sherry.  :hug   Wish I could give you a real one.  :hug

Thinking of you all.  Early bed tonight for me as I have my long day of work tomorrow.

Hi, peeps - a quick flyby....I read everyone's posts.

One comment: Linda, if you don't get a raise soon, I think your boss needs a talking to! ;)

Oh - here are the 2 baby hats I made. The pink one fit with the new mom's style and colors....so it was  hit....though my friend and another neighbor loved th eplum one best. As I did.

post-8552-0-58905100-1371040909_thumb.jpg

Good morning. Never did have to work yesterday. I went to the nursery nearby to get a flat of marigolds, but they were out. I know they are very ordinary, but I like them, because they look good well into fall, when most annuals look scraggly and tired. I ended buying other plants which I put into pots, but I am still hoping to find marigolds. Not sure if it will be today though, it looks like rain.

I also got some purging and decluttering done yesterday, but there is a lot to do still. I lost control of the house when my parents got sick, and never got it back. It looks neat and clean on the outside, but all the "hidden" areas are a mess. This will likely be a long term project for me. I'll spend a week or two on it, and then move away from it for a while.

Sherry, I'm so sorry that things are so tough for you right now. Hope that things improve for you.

Linda, hope work isn't too busy for you. I agree with Judy, Frank found a true gem in you, and I hope he appreciates it.

Judy, those hats are so cute. I also like the plum color best, but pink is so girly..........

Marlene, good to hear things went well for ds yesterday.

Mary, Val, Marjsa, hope you are all doing okay. Marisa, enjoy your week with your mom, hope her symptoms are under control, so she can have a great time with you and Steph.

Joanne, hope work is good to you today.

Hi House. :manyheart   Super busy week so far - I've hardly been home except to sleep. ;)

Judy ~ The baby hats are so very cute!  Beautiful work and colors. :applause  

Sherry ~ Yep, it's summer time here, too.  Supposed to be 100* the next few days - not fun.  I hope things improve at work.  :hug 

Linda ~ Love reading about your job - you are such an asset! 

Cindy ~ Yay for getting so much accomplished!  I hope you find some marigolds...they usually play out in our extreme heat, but I love them.

Valerie ~ I hope you're okay and know you're counting the days until your appointment. :hug

Hi to the rest of the House, too!  We're actually cooking dinner tonight - I've been too tired to do much of that lately.  Hope to be here most of tomorrow and Friday, though. :)

Hi all,

Another rough week so far in paradise! So much to do, not enough time!!!

Sherry- Sorry that you're having  so much with work! We can commiserate together!!! I'm more than ready for a vacation- but don't know when I'll get one- At least I'm getting off next Friday- which I'm looking forward to!  It'll be nice to have 3 days off in a row!!!

Cindy- I really have to get on the decluttering bandwagon as well. Maybe we should have a DAL- Decluttering- A-Long!!!

Judy- Love the hats- and also like the plum the best!!!

Mary- Enjoy your home cooked meal. We've been living on left-overs- tonight we are finishing up what is left-over and tomorrow I'll have to cook something! LOL

Linda- I'm so happy that you are enjoying your job so much!!! And I agree with Judy- time for a raise!!

Going to watch the hockey finals tonight and work on some more sunny spread squares. I haven't knit since last week, so will probably at least do a row on the knit blanket!

Have a good night everyone

Good evening everyone. Did some more decluttering today and got groceries. Also knit a few rows on my scarf and worked some on DD's shawl.

Joanne a declutter along would probably be very motivating. We used up the last of our leftovers yesterday, so today I had to cook.

Mary, hope you get a chance to catch your breath soon.

It is thundering, lightening and pouring rain here. (I'm on my ipad). I'm sitting on the front porch listening to it, and dh is sitting here with me. (Sophie is out here too). Its strangely cozy. Of course, we are probably the only dimwits doing this!

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, Sorry things are not so good at work. I hope things will calm down for you real soon.

Judy, The hats are really cute!

Cindy, Good for you getting so much decluttering done. Hope you can find some marigolds.

Joanne, Hope you got some crocheting and or knitting done tonight.

Mary, I hope you enjoyed your home cooked meal.

Linda, You are a gem. I agree you deserve a raise.

DS and the kids went to his girlfriends house until sunday when they have to go back home. I picked up a fathers day card for them to give to there dad sunday. I had them sign it and sent it with them. I whispered to Jocelyn don't forget to give it to daddy sunday. Payton wants to know what I told her so I tell him. He blurts it right out to his dad just seconds after I tell him. No secret telling with that boy. lol Jocelyn said he can't keep a secret.

The thunder is rolling in here. We could be in for some bad storms tonight.

Tomorrow I may not be on, hubby has a doctor appt tomorrow for his physical and it's a late afternoon appt. So I don't know what time we will get home.

Hope everyone has a good thursday!

Good morning. It's nice and sunny here this morning after severe thunderstorms all night long. There were tornado warnings in the state, but thankfully not in our area.

i got lots more decluttering done yesterday, although there is lots to do still. I want to get into every closet, cabinet and box in the house and weed things out We've lived here for nearly 35 years so it will take a long time.

Today is laundry and cleaning though. Maybe a bit of sewing or crafting if the mood strikes me. Lately, it's mostly been bright ideas for new projects. However, I have told myself, " No New Projects" until at least two old ones are finished. That rule probably won't last long, but it might get me a finish or two.

Judy, I can't remember if you own a Nook or a Kindle, but I do know you love all things British. This is a free Kindle book on British culture, supposedly written in a somewhat humorous way. I haven't read it, but thought I'd let you know about it. Not sure how long it will be free.

An A to Z of British Culture

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DCKEEMK/?tag=untagged-20

Thanks ladies! More hats need to be added to the (non-existent) pile!

Cindy - TY for the link....I have both Nook Tablet AND the basic Kindle! And yes...I love all things British!

Just finished 4 rows of knitting on my square....now back to hook time :D

I spent the morning decluttering the guest room closet! Feels wonderful :yay

Judy, you're welcome. I also have both a Nook color and a Kindle fire. Dh has a Kindle keyboard, but we also both have iPads with both Nook and Kindle apps on it. However, I would really like to get a basic reader for using outside when it's bright out. I do use all of my gadgets, but probably should get rid of some of them. My grandsons share a Nook tablet, and would probably like to have another one to share.

Laundry is finished finally and now I'm about to start vacuuming. Then maybe a bit more decluttering. I have chicken vegetable soup in the crockpot for dinner. I know it's kind of an odd choice for a spring meal, but it's easy, low calorie and we all really like it.

Hi everyone. :)  I hope you all are having a good day.  Lots of storms where some of you are - stay safe.

Joanne ~ Great news about a 3-day weekend next week!  Yes, dinner was nice.  I roasted a chicken on top of lots of veggies and herbs and we had a simple salad.  Of course, now we have more leftovers to use. :lol

Cindy ~ Sitting on the porch and watching it rain sounds so nice.  We could have our own mini Declutter CAL right here :wink ...I need to do what you're doing, too!  Enjoy crafting or whatever you decide to do. :yes  And your soup sounds yummy!  I make soup in the summer when it's 100*. :lol

Marlene ~ I was so glad to read that your DS's court meeting went okay.  Is it this weekend that Maya will come to stay?

Judy ~ What is the variegated yarn you used for the flower?  It's perfect and looks almost Victorian. :c9

Marisa ~ I hope you're having a wonderful visit with your Mom. :manyheart

I took DH downtown to catch the 8:00 train to Dallas.  It's about an hour round trip - but much better than driving all the way to the other side of Dallas!  Someone from his office picks him up...he's only going in one or two days a week.  I will need to be back downtown about 4:15.  Then I had my car washed and got my hair cut and was home by 9:45. Laundry and a little cleaning are done - crochet time for me! :hook

Hi, all.  Yesterday was my long day work and it was dead!  Only a few customers and a few sales.  Just barely covered my pay.  I did spot two pair of earrings that called out to me to take them home.  One pair is elegant and the other pair is just plain fun.  About an hour and half after getting home Frank called from the store and asked me to come back with my key as he had forgotten his and couldn't lock up!  :lol   :lol   :lol   I did a quick run over there and he thanked me profusely.  I will be getting a raise but not until they are at least breaking even.  People are still just finding out about the store.  Lily has told me that they hope to be there for at least 10 years and hope that I will be there with them.  The deals they give me on my purchases really add to what I'm paid.

Judy, those hats are adorable!  I, too, like the rose colored one the best.

Cindy, good for you on all the decluttering you are doing.  :cheer   :cheer

Mary, glad you are getting a couple of days of down time.  Enjoy!

Marlene, my son was like Peyton.  He couldn't keep a secret worth diddly.

Cindy and Marlene, glad that the storms weren't too bad and that the tornadoes stayed away from both of you.

Have a wonderful day!  :manyheart

Happy Friday!

Yesterday was an interesting one. Got a call from DD- her car was at a shop and they said that it needed to go to a dealer. Mind you she had just spent a ton of money fixing the crank shaft (or something like that) about a month 1/2 ago She had taken it back to where they had done the work They said there was nothing they could do- that it required a computer re-set or something. .So I left work around 1, went to get her, went to where her car was, followed her to the car dealer-and then took her back home...and then headed home. With the crazy weather, I was glad that it was relatively calm when we were going here and there. Her car will be fixed today- and then tomorrow morning I'll take her to pick it up. When it rains, it pours it seems. Hoping things start going in a more positive direction for her. And since I'm the only reliable parent, well, you know how that goes. 

I have a busy day at work and hair appointment this evening.

Cindy- WTG on the de-cluttering.

Mary- Glad you had some time to yourself yesterday afternoon. What are your working on crochet-wise? I was going to work on another square last night, but I was really exhausted and opted to go to bed at 8:30!

Linda- I sure hope the store is there for 10 years!! You are such an asset and I'm sure it'll pick up once word of mouth continues to circulate about what a great woman works there!

Val- Thinking of you!

Marisa- Hope your visit is going well- miss you.

Off to get ready- it'll be a long day!  So happy that it's Friday, though!

Good morning.

Joanne, your poor dd. hopefully it's all smooth sailing for her for a while now. How is her art showing going?

Not much to say here. Yesterday I cleaned and did 3 loads of laundry which I hung on my new super deluxe clotheslines. So today can be a play day. I will probably work on one of my unfinished quilts, at least for a while.

Mary, hope you get a chance to catch your breath. It's good that dh can take the train. No such option here.

Linda, the store sounds pretty neat, I hope it will be a big success.

morning, peeps.

Awwww....Joanne. Give your DD a hug from us.....

Judy, you're welcome. I also have both a Nook color and a Kindle fire. Dh has a Kindle keyboard, but we also both have iPads with both Nook and Kindle apps on it. However, I would really like to get a basic reader for using outside when it's bright out. I do use all of my gadgets, but probably should get rid of some of them. My grandsons share a Nook tablet, and would probably like to have another one to share.I like my Kindle - basic one - for reading outside. Too much light for me to read comfortably with the Nook tablet

Laundry is finished finally and now I'm about to start vacuuming. Then maybe a bit more decluttering. I have chicken vegetable soup in the crockpot for dinner. I know it's kind of an odd choice for a spring meal, but it's easy, low calorie and we all really like it.

We had Greek chicken soup on Sunday here - and it was 80 degrees outside :lol

Hi everyone. :)  I hope you all are having a good day.  Lots of storms where some of you are - stay safe.

Joanne ~ Great news about a 3-day weekend next week!  Yes, dinner was nice.  I roasted a chicken on top of lots of veggies and herbs and we had a simple salad.  Of course, now we have more leftovers to use.

Cindy ~ Sitting on the porch and watching it rain sounds so nice.  We could have our own mini Declutter CAL right here :wink ...I need to do what you're doing, too!  Enjoy crafting or whatever you decide to do.   And your soup sounds yummy!  I make soup in the summer when it's 100*. :lol

Marlene ~ I was so glad to read that your DS's court meeting went okay.  Is it this weekend that Maya will come to stay?

Judy ~ What is the variegated yarn you used for the flower?  It's perfect and looks almost Victorian.

Marisa ~ I hope you're having a wonderful visit with your Mom.

I took DH downtown to catch the 8:00 train to Dallas.  It's about an hour round trip - but much better than driving all the way to the other side of Dallas!  Someone from his office picks him up...he's only going in one or two days a week.  I will need to be back downtown about 4:15.  Then I had my car washed and got my hair cut and was home by 9:45. Laundry and a little cleaning are done - crochet time for me! :hook

The yarn is an old skein of Simply Soft called Rose Garden. With the trend toward brights nowadays I haven't seen it in the store...

I hope you had a fun Hooky Day!

Hi, all.  Yesterday was my long day work and it was dead!  Only a few customers and a few sales.  Just barely covered my pay.  I did spot two pair of earrings that called out to me to take them home.  One pair is elegant and the other pair is just plain fun.  About an hour and half after getting home Frank called from the store and asked me to come back with my key as he had forgotten his and couldn't lock up!  :lol   :lol   :lol   I did a quick run over there and he thanked me profusely.  I will be getting a raise but not until they are at least breaking even.  People are still just finding out about the store.  Lily has told me that they hope to be there for at least 10 years and hope that I will be there with them.  The deals they give me on my purchases really add to what I'm paid.I would be awful if I worked at a yarn or book store - my salary would never make it home.

Judy, those hats are adorable!  I, too, like the rose colored one the best.The hat is more of a plum color, but definitely with a rose undertone, which is why the vaiegated goes so well with it.

Marlene, my son was like Peyton.  He couldn't keep a secret worth diddly.

I did so much decluttering in my guest room yesterday...well I overdid it. It was unnerving how bad I felt by last evening, esp after having seen the xray DS took of my back last week. I do have degenerative disc disease (arthritis), and with the scoliosis in my lower back and a torque starting in my upper back....I think I need to see my orthopaedist again.  The passive treatments arent' helping in the long run.

I'm just thankful for the Aleve I took  before bed and the good night's sleep I that resulted from it!

enjoy your day my friends.

Archived