Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Just popping into say- Happy Saturday!

I'm going for some yarn therapy to a yarn store by Delicious Orchards - I went about a month ago, but today is the grand opening! Lots of little goodies and hopefully some sales on some pretty yarn.

Off to do my Saturday chores. It rained overnight, and the weather cooled down and I hope that it turns out to be a nice weather weekend.

Hugs to you all, and thanks for keeping DD in your prayers. She'll need all the extra angels to help her work through all this heartache. :ghug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi House. ♥  Just a quick update on Dad - and thank you for all your caring words. :manyheart 

DH and I are headed back to the hospital now.  They are releasing him to the same nursing home that Mom was in.  We don't think he will be leaving there, but he's pretty amazing and may surprise us all!  I've been there for most of 4 days and am sure ready to catch up with you all and maybe even have a home cooked meal tonight. :)

Take care everyone. :ghug

Good morning all.  The temps dropped markedly after the rain yesterday and it's downright chilly today.  Hope you all have a great day.  :ccompute

Good afternoon housemates!

Joanne, sending :hug  :hug  to you and DD.  I hope you do get some r&r.  She will survive and I believe she'll have the family she wants.  I'll continually lift her up in prayer.  The new yarn place...is it by any chance called "Chelsea"?  It was on my fb feed and I wondered if it was near you or Judy.  It rained here as well and the temp dropped dramatically.  We turned on the heat again.

Mary, glad to hear from you.  I'm glad dad is doing okay.  I hope you will get to eat a home cooked meal.  If I were near, I'd cook it for your myself.  I hope you can get some rest this weekend.  I'll keep dad before the Lord in prayer.

Linda, have a good day at work.

Thinking of all the housemates and wishing you all a wonderful weekend. :ghug

Hello house! Thanks for the compliments on the cross stitch.

Woke up this morning to snow on the ground. It's bright and sunny today, but the snow is still here. Severe flooding continues here. My sister in law said her brother has 6 feet of water in his basement, and when we were out yesterday, we saw a house that was in water up to the bottom of the first floor windows.

I have nearly 5 feet done on my scarf, but there is still yarn on the skein, so I'm going to keep going.

Mary, good to hear from you, hope your dad surprises you with his recovery.

Linda, hope your work day is fun.

Joanne, what did you get at the yarn store? Sending hugs to your Dd.

I'm having a very relaxed day. Knitting, reading and browsing around online. All I did today was prep for dinner. I have sloppy joes in the crockpot for dinner, rolls rising to eat them on and a salad ready in them fridge. Dh went out to get gas in my car, and go to the grocery store for bread. It probably would have been smarter to go there myself........

Quick check in...

Cindy, your dinner sounds delicious.  Looking forward to seeing pictures of your scarf.  I'm so sorry there's flooding in your neighbors area.  Praying that not too much damage is done.  I'm glad you're getting to relax.  Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Hi All - busy day here!  had a karate tournament this morning which lasted way longer than the rest had.  They had over 65 kids there.  GS got 1st for breaking (they break boards in different colors--board snap together for this age), 2nd for hop fighting, and 3rd for blowgun (he always goes for the high scores and they are the littlest targets).  We are very proud of him!  Then youngest DD took us out to lunch and we came home and napped--some are still napping.  No packing yet and probably won't unless I can't sleep tonight (which is highly possible since I took a 2 hour nap :)    We have a BBQ to attend tonight for oldest DD (her birthday) and her best friends (He has a birthday and they just bought a new house).  Trying telling a 4 year old that just cause you have a birthday party today doesn't mean it's your birthday today LOL  DD birthday is Wednesday but we're celebrating today since she has class on Wednesday.  Don't think he really understood :)

PT was a bear yesterday.  Had me do new exercises that I hadn't done before and they were hard.  I know he's trying to get the knee straight but after years of it not being straight, not sure it will ever be straight again.  Doesn't seem to concerned with the bend, he's working on the straight part.  I will keep on with the exercises and doing all they tell me.  At least it doesn't hurt as much today.  No brace yet to sleep in, they hadn't heard from anyone as of Friday. 

Joanne - Hope you got some R&R time.  Envy your going to a new yarn shop! 

Mary - will be praying for you dad.

Cindy - sounds like a nice day for you today!

Marisa - hope you have a good weekend!

Valerie - hope things are well with you!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hi, everyone.  I ended up working today for Lily as she had unexpected company.  Still enjoying it, although I am tired tonight.  It's still cool outside today, but otherwise fairly nice.  My green prayer shawl is almost done.  I may be able to finish it off tonight.  Hope you are all having a great day.  :hug

Last Monday they put my mom on hospice services at the nursing home.  Tonight the hospice nurse gave her a few hours to a few days left.  My brothers are with her now, although the younger will probably be going back home tonight.  Gary held the phone to her ear and I told her goodby tonight.  Please keep all of us in your prayers.  It's not that unexpected, but suddenly seems to be happening very fast.  She's taken very little fluids or food in the last couple of days and her breathing is very labored now.  They are keeping her medicated for pain.   She is the last of her generation in our family.  And with my cousin's death last summer, that makes me the eldest of mine.  That thought is a little scary.  Gary (middle brother) will be spending the night with her tonight.

Good morning,

Linda- Hugs for you and prayers for you and your family! I'm glad that your brother was able to stay with your Mom last night. :hug

I spent the day with my middle DD yesterday and she is hanging in there.

I'm glad that she has her new job to keep her busy during the week. She really enjoys teaching art to the young children.

Off to get ready for another fun-filled week in paradise

Hugs to you all.
:ghug

Good morning housemates!

Dropped of the DNei at 4:55a.  Headed out to drop off the DGNei and DNeph.  I love it when they both go at the same time.  My day is free until pickup time.

Cindy, I hope today at work goes smoothly.

Joanne, I know that your daughter is strong and a survivor.  Continuously lifting her up in prayer.  I hope paradise treats you well today and does not hold you too late.

Linda, Marisa, Mary, Sherry, Marlene and the rest of the house :ghug .

Have a great day all...BBL!

Linda - prayers for you and your family during this time. 

Joanne - hope your work goes well this week.  Hope DD does well this week with all that's going on with her.  Glad she's got the new job to keep her occupied.

Mary - hope your week will be a good one.

Marisa - Hope your busy at work this week!

Valerie - Hoping for a good week for you as well.

This is the last week before the vote for the merger of the two churches.  Not sure how it will go.  Many are now realizing how final this will be and what changes there will be.  Prayers would be appreciated.

Everyone have a great Monday!

Good morning, friends.  My mom died this morning about 6:00 am central time.  Gary was with her.  I was up most of the night thinking of her.  Gary said she just slowly drifted away.  Appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.

Joanne, keeping middle DD in my prayers.  I'm glad she's got the new job to help give her another interest right now.

Sherry, keeping you and your fellow church members in my prayers as they make the big decision.

Linda ~ Lots and lots of hugs from me to you. :hug :hug   Thankfully, it sounds like she didn't suffer.  :hug

I just got home from seeing Dad again - no one is making any predictions at this point. 

I must do some things around here and hope to check in later. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, So sorry for your DD. Keeping her in my prayers. It's good she has her job and family to help her through this. Did you buy some yarn at the new store? I'm glad they got the bomber to.

Mary, Keeping you and your Dad in my prayers. Hope you can have a quiet week.

Linda, So sorry to hear about your Mom. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. :hug 

Cindy, Your hummingbird cross stitch piece is beautiful.

Sherry, Congrats to DGS for all his winnings! Happy birthday to DD wednesday. My DD's birthday is wednesday also.

Prayers for your church and the right decision will be made.

Val, :clap you get a me day today.

The water here is starting to recede. But we have rain coming tomorrow. Hopefully not much.

I came yesterday from DD's. Maya's daddy is back with them now and we all couldn't be happier. Maya didn't leave my side the whole time. We played lots of games. She wore her ruffled scarf to school and two of her friends want one to. I've been knitting one for me, but I can't work on it as long as I do the crocheted ones.

I hope everyone has a nice tuesday.

Linda - prayers will continue for you and your family during this time. So sorry for your loss.

Mary - will be praying for you and your family as well.

Marlene - tell your DD happy birthday on Wednesday.  My DD will be in class so we celebrated early.

Joanne - did you get some new yarn?

Well I'm up cause we just had a hail storm here.  Probably about quarter size hail, hoping there's no damage to our vehicles as they are parked outside.  Will have to wait until morning to see if there's damage.  Of course, there's another storm right behind this one, but hopefully it will just be rain. 

Hope you all had a good evening!

Linda- I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom- glad that she went peacefully with your brother with her though! Warm hugs and prayers :hug It's never easy and there is never a good time!

Oh, I did buy some yarn- some Cascade 220 superwash in a pretty green color- I'm making an infinity scarf for my middle DD

Off I go for another fun-filled day in Paradise. ;)

Good morning housemates!

Marlene, I hope there's no more flooding.  Praying for you guys in Michigan.  Glad that Maya's dad is back. 

Sherry, I hope that all is well with you and you're gaining strength (straightening) in your knee.

Joanne, your yarn sounds beautiful.  Looking forward to pictures of the scarf.  DD will surely cherish it.  Have a good day in paradise.  What was the name of your new yarn store?

Linda, sorry for the loss of your mom.  Lifting you and your brothers/family up in prayer.  Will you be able to go out there for the funeral?  I'm so glad you got a chance to visit with her last year! :hug

Mary, praying all will be well with your dad.  Get some rest.  Remember you can't do it all and you'll be no good to anyone if you don't take care of you! :ghug

:ghug to all housemates!

BBL!

Good morning, peeps...sorry to have been gone for so long, but needed to regroup.

I'm back now, though, and will just jump in right here....

I just saw the last post. Linda, I'm sending you hugs and love.

We're all doing good, and my hook has been busy. Pics to come later today or tomorrow. Ive been reading a lot, too.

Missed you all!!

Hello, everyone.  Yesterday was hard and I was more or less out of it all day, but at least part of that with the lack of sleep the night before, maybe 3 hours.  I slept last night and am much better today.  Mom was the last of her generation in my family and I am now the oldest in the new "oldest" generation, which feels very, very weird.  There will be a memorial service at the nursing home this Friday and tentative plans are for another memorial service and burial in Wadena, Iowa where we grew up, next Friday.  The cost of a flight up and back at this time is between $750 and $1,000 which is just way too much.  To drive would be two very long days and around $500, so I will not be going up at this time.  I am so grateful for the visits with her last summer and at Christmas when whe was alert and and still able to communicate with her.  I have good memories of those visits.  She is now with the rest of her family in heaven and much happier now I know.  Thank you so very much for all thoughts and prayers.  They are so appreciated.

Rosie and John took me out to dinner last night and I spent the evening with them which helped a lot.

Well I'm up cause we just had a hail storm here.  Probably about quarter size hail, hoping there's no damage to our vehicles as they are parked outside.  Will have to wait until morning to see if there's damage.  Of course, there's another storm right behind this one, but hopefully it will just be rain. 

Hope you all had a good evening!

Hope there was no damage to the cars last night, Sherry.  Stay safe.

Judy, welcome back, you've been missed.

Mary, keeping you and your dad in my prayers.

Love you all.  :ghug

Archived