Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good evening housemates!

Marisa, I'm sorry about Maryann's loss.  Lifting her up in prayer along with her mom.  Have a good weekend with your parents.

Cindy, I'm glad you got your power back.  Hope DH doesn't get too sick.  Make pictures of the sweater.

Linda, It's almost like we didn't get any rain in regards to the pollen.  It's already yellow here.  However, we have lots and lots of trees.  Your job sounds perfect.  You have old school work ethics.  You're hired to do a job and it's weird doing personal stuff while earning money.

Mary, I'm glad your internet is back. 

Marlene, praying safe travels for you.  I know Maya is excited.

Joanne, I hope you're getting GS time.

Have a good weekend all!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All!!  Yes, I did PT today.  It was another killer.  I know it will make it better but it's really, really hard and hurts so much.  The home PT wasn't as good as we thought since I'm having such trouble right now.  I did ride the bike for 10 minutes for 2 miles!!  We bought a bike for here and I rode it for 10 minutes as well and did all the exercises except one which I will do in a little bit. 

Work has been really stressful this week.  Too much is going on, too many are upset about the merger, and then I get to be a supervisor now and the one I'm supervising isn't happy about it.  I'm soooo ready for the merger to either go forward or stop.  They vote the last Sunday of this month--if it's yes, then we start the name change and all the other stuff that goes along with it--it it's no, then nothing will happen. 

Joanne - hope you got some R&R time tonight!  I get my time tomorrow night.  Both GS will be here for the night.  We plan to let them pack some of their stuff up for the move.

Marisa - so sorry about Maryann's loss.  Will say some prayers for her.  Hope you got your paperwork problem figured out.

Marlene - Good news on Daisy!!!  glad she's doing so well.

Mary - hope things are settling down weather-wise for you.  I guess we'll have nice weather this weekend and storms again next week.  Ugh...  springtime in OK is soooo much fun!!

Cindy - what is BICO?  I probably know but my brain is frazzled from all the stress! 

I'll be busy packing up some stuff and I will be careful and rest a lot and not lift anything that's heavy.  Gotta get started cause the end of the month will be here before I know it!  it's still set for April 30 but that could change.  We're not giving notice to the landlord until May 1, so we'll have all of May to get out but I'm sure we'll be over there as soon as we can get it cleaned and the bathroom painted.  Anyone painted tile before?  The master bath is a horrible color of green.  Someone told us that we could paint it, so we're going to look into that. 

Well have a great Friday evening!  gotta go do the rest of my exercises!

Good morning. It is snowing here, and has been for several hours. It won't amount to anything,

Dh still doesn't feel well. I think this means we will be staying home today. We were planning to have dinner with his patents and brothers and their wives. I'm going to work on one of the two baby sweaters that I have going for a bit. I guess I'll have to come up with an idea for dinner. Dh isn't too sick to eat!

Hope you all have relaxing and productive days.

Good morning housemates!

Just dropped in to say hello. 

Pray for one of my friends back in Bama...She lost her husband.  His birthday is tomorrow, he would have been 52 years old.  They have a son and daughter both adults.

Enjoy your Saturday!

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I wouldn't give a blanket to the neighbors either since you don't know them that well. That would be nice if you could come while we are here.

Marisa, Have a fun time with your parents this weekend.

Joanne, Those grandkids can certainly lift are day.

Sherry, I hope if your merger goes through the person giving you a hard time accepts it moves on quickly. I will be packing right along with you. I want to load the car tomorrow so we have very little to do monday.

Cindy, Men are like babies when there sick. Mine is anyways. I seen the weather for the week ahead and I will be packing winter clothes in my suitcase. I guess I'll have to pack away the summer clothes for awhile. I'm not looking forward to having to wear shoes. I don't think I've wore them 6 times since we've been here. I made one of those BICO's for Maya when she was a baby.

Judy, Just letting you know I was thinking of you.

Val, Prayers for your friend and her family.

Linda, Hope you had a nice day at work.

I have the bathroom, food and clothes to pack. We took the rugs and bedding out to the laundry mat in town and did them. Then I came back to laundry mat and washed are clothes. I went over to the little club house and finished the puzzle off.

The weather channel shows we will be driving in rain on are trip home. It's better than snow, but I prefer dry roads.

I have supper out of the way so I'm just going to go pack. Have a nice evening and a great sunday!

Hi, all!  Just finished up at work.  Today was definitely way busier than Monday and Wednesday.  I never did get my crochet out.  Spent several hours helping tag new merchandise and display it.  Also priced a bunch of things that were missing their tags.  And Lily sorted out a bunch of thing to be close-out marked down.  And there was at least one shopper in the store almost all afternoon.  And I was able to ring them all up without assistance.  And I closed out the cash register and credit card machine with only one hitch.  Lily said, "I am so glad you came in."  Most of the new employees aren't nearly as far along by this time, apparently.  It was fun!  Even better, I got paid today!  It's been a long time since I've been paid money for my work.  It was really nice.

Hi everyone, very busy day at work today, but a good day. I'm tired though. Dh doesn't feel well, and he's taking it like a Man. He's mentioned it 5 or 6 times since I got home. It seems he thinks he's got a cold coming on. ( insert sarcastic smiley here)
That's so like a man!  :lol 
Mary, seems to me that a lot of neighbors might be in the same situation as you regarding those two baby showers.

Marisa, we live up on a hill, and nowhere near the river. Our neighbors houses would have to be underwater for it to flood in our yard. I think Lupus is hard to diagnose because so many other auto immune diseases have similar symptoms, and it's partly diagnosed by eliminating other possibilities.

I still haven't finished the BICO. I started another baby sweater though. Dd asked me to make a lighter weight one that will fit him now. It's about a third finished.

Hi all,

Marisa- I am so sorry to hear about Maryann's BF- please tell her I'm thinking of her and sending my condolences and some hugs. I hope her Mom will be ok- that's alot to bear all at once. Have fun tonight at the party!

Linda- Glad to hear that everything is going so well with the new job- sounds like you are perfect for the position!

Mary- I don't blame you about the baby showers! (and not making a baby blanket)

Marlene- So happy that Daisy is doing so well. Have a safe trip back home! Bet Maya is very anxious to see you!

Val- Hope you are feeling ok

Cindy- I chuckled when you said how DH has mentioned at least 6 times how he is not feeling well. you are right- typical man! And congrats on the weight loss so far! That's awesome!

Sherry- Did you have pt again today? Hope that your knee gets better and you get your full range of motion back!

Off to figure out something to eat- it was a looooonnnnngggg day! But I did stop and see my GS last night- and glad I did- DD was very happy to see me and so was my #1 GS! It's what I called my R&R time and it's just what I needed. Going to see them again tomorrow too!

Have a good night!

Glad you got to see GSs last night.

Hi All!!  Yes, I did PT today.  It was another killer.  I know it will make it better but it's really, really hard and hurts so much.  The home PT wasn't as good as we thought since I'm having such trouble right now.  I did ride the bike for 10 minutes for 2 miles!!  We bought a bike for here and I rode it for 10 minutes as well and did all the exercises except one which I will do in a little bit. 

It will be worth it in the long run.  Don't give up. :hug 

Work has been really stressful this week.  Too much is going on, too many are upset about the merger, and then I get to be a supervisor now and the one I'm supervising isn't happy about it.  I'm soooo ready for the merger to either go forward or stop.  They vote the last Sunday of this month--if it's yes, then we start the name change and all the other stuff that goes along with it--it it's no, then nothing will happen. 

Sorry the stress level is so high.  At least you'll know which way it's going in another week.

Joanne - hope you got some R&R time tonight!  I get my time tomorrow night.  Both GS will be here for the night.  We plan to let them pack some of their stuff up for the move.

Marisa - so sorry about Maryann's loss.  Will say some prayers for her.  Hope you got your paperwork problem figured out.

Marlene - Good news on Daisy!!!  glad she's doing so well.

Mary - hope things are settling down weather-wise for you.  I guess we'll have nice weather this weekend and storms again next week.  Ugh...  springtime in OK is soooo much fun!!

Cindy - what is BICO?  I probably know but my brain is frazzled from all the stress! 

I'll be busy packing up some stuff and I will be careful and rest a lot and not lift anything that's heavy.  Gotta get started cause the end of the month will be here before I know it!  it's still set for April 30 but that could change.  We're not giving notice to the landlord until May 1, so we'll have all of May to get out but I'm sure we'll be over there as soon as we can get it cleaned and the bathroom painted.  Anyone painted tile before?  The master bath is a horrible color of green.  Someone told us that we could paint it, so we're going to look into that. 

Well have a great Friday evening!  gotta go do the rest of my exercises!

Have a good evening!

Just dropped in to say good night!

My best friend Mary from home (Bama) says Nancy (her sister) needs much prayer.  She and her husband were very close.  They were also empty nesters.  She's taking his death very hard.

Linda, I'm glad you're enjoying your new job and receiving money for it.  Don't take it all to Hobby Lobby and then there's Walmart practically across the street.  So happy for you.

Marlene, Praying safe travels for you all.  I know you're stopping off to visit...so when will you actually be back in Michigan at your home?  Keep up posted when you can as you travel.

I worked with thread some today and I'm getting better.  It is definitely different.  My mom use to work it as if she was working acrylic.  Actually she did just as much thread as she did acrylic.  I think she started with thread.  I wonder if that makes a difference.

Have a great night everybody!

Val, prayers for your friend and her family.

Linda, sounds like you are getting quite a feeling of accomplishmnet from your new job.  Congrats on the first paycheck.  Don't spend it all in one place!

Marlene, wishing you and dh safe travels.

I finished one baby sweater today, BICo is still waiting.  I just have to add the edging and buy buttons.  Im going to spend the rest of the evening reading though. 

Dh is still feeling sorry for himself.  This morning I told him I was going to run to the grocery store for a few things.  He told me to hold off and we would go out to dinner and then stop at the grocery store.  At 4:30 he told me he felt too sick to go out.  I did not mind eating at home, (better for the diet!), although it would have been nice if I had known ahead of time so that I could have planned for it a little better.  At any rate, I had fish and a salad, and he had some frozen chicken nuggets and french fries that I keep around for the grandsons.  (he doesn't eat fish.)   After dinner I was getting ready to run to the store, when guess who suddenly recovered enough to go with me? It's no wonder I'm slightly unsympathetic.  Dh loves going to the grocery store.  He's like a kid in candy store.  Of course, I would much rather have gone to the store first thing this morning, like I had planned.  Oh well, I got what I needed.

It snowed until about 2 this afternoon here, and at times it was coming down so hard that the ground got white.  It wasn't really that cold so mostly it melted as it hit the ground.  Now its just gloomy and drizzly, just like its been all week.  Remember that old saying:  "April showers bring May flowers?"   Well, we ought to be getting a super blooming May, we've certainly had enough rain for it!

Hi all,

Val- Prayers for your friend's sister and positive thoughts that she will be able to cope with her loss.

Linda- Yay for your first payday! Lily sounds like a great boss- but that's easy when you are such a good employee!!!

Marlene-Safe travels!

Cindy- I was chuckling to myself when I read your post.- Your DH sounds like mine! He really enjoys going to the grocery store. I'm like you- I like to go early in the AM also.

I spent a good portion of the day with DD and R & R! Her DH got stuck working a double so they came here in the morning while he was sleeping. Then she took the boys home, I did some cleaning and some errands and then went over to DDs when I was done. i stayed until Ryan was in bed. We had a good day. DD is feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I told her if she needs me to call her- Tonight I'm just going to read for a little bit before calling it a night!

Happy Sunday!

Good morning!

It's a beautiful sunny day out- a little chilly but skies are blue and it's pretty outside! I've got the laundry going and later on, DH and I are heading over to DD's. They have a video that they took that they need to make into a DVR so DH will help with that. It's from a 60th birthday party for a friend of SIL's family and time is off the essence since he has pancreatic cancer.

Marisa- I've been thinking of Maryann and hope that she is doing ok.

Judy- I've been thinking of you too and hope that if you read this, you know that you are missed. Prayers that all is ok with you and Phil.

Julie and Tammy- While I'm at it, thinking of you both too!

Cindy- How is your DH feeling today?

I switched out my purse today to the new Vera Bradley bag I had bought about a month ago. It's definitely more spring looking then my other one and I really like it! I may be able to finish the summer wrap today and then I think I'll start a stash bag- I found a big skein of Bernat handicrafter in my stash and I'll give it to DD to put beach toys in it. I think it'll work since it has holes. It can be found here: http://www.purlbee.com/crocheted-stash-basket/

Dryer just went off- so off I go!

Good morning!  It's overcast, but the temps are fine. 

Val, working with thread is different from working with yarn, but I do both on a fairly regular basis.  I think I started with thread.  Prayers going out for Nancy in her time of loss.

Cindy, isn't it funny how men are too sick to do some things and not others.  :think 

Joanne, I'm glad you are getting lots of time with the grandsons this weekend.  That's a very pretty bag you're planning.

I visited with DD for an hour and a half the night before last.  Have tentative plans to got there in July when she has two weeks vacation.  And I'll have lots of time with GS.  We hadn't had a good long chat in a while.  Lots of short quickies, but no good long visits so we were overdue .

Hope you all have a great Sunday!  :ghug 

Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Valerie ~ Prayers said for your friend in Alabama. :hug  

Linda ~ Yay for payday!  I'm so glad you like your job and the owners sound like super nice people!  And having a trip to Iowa to look forward to is a good thing, too! :yes

Marlene ~ It sounds like you're about ready to head home!  Safe travels and we'll be anxious to hear from you when you have a chance. :manyheart

Cindy ~ My DH is just the opposite - he can feel terrible and not say a word. :lol   Oh, I hope your snow days are about over! 

Joanne ~ I know you're having a great weekend with lots of Ryan and Robbie time! :c9  

Sherry ~ :hug   Sending hugs for the pain you're still having.  Hopefully, it will ease up soon.  I hope the situation at work improves very soon. :manyheart

Hi to anyone I've missed! :ghug

I'm going to work on the baby 'ghan this afternoon and we'll probably watch The Masters.  I hope you are all having a good day! :manyheart

Good Sunday afternoon all!

Thanks for the prayers for Nancy.  I know today is also especially hard as it is his (Tim's) birthday.

Linda, glad you got some qualitytime with your daughter.  Two weeks in July with GS and DD sounds wonderful.  I'm going to continue to work with the thread because I see a great improvement.

Cindy, sounds like you have a big baby.  What are you doing today?  When do you work again.  Looking forward to pictures of the sweater.

Joanne, I'm so glad you're getting time with your GSs.  Thanks for the link to the basket.  I'd like to make one of those.  Have fun today at DD's.

It's raining here.  I haven't been outside so I don't know the temp. 

Thinking of Mary, Marisa, Judy, Julie, Tam, Marlene. :ghug

Enjoy the rest of today all.

Hello everyone. It's cold here and snowing. The forecast said it would reach 50, but it doesn't look like it. Dh is better today,moor at least he hasn't mentioned being sick today. We went to church this morning and then over to DD's house for a while. The rest of today will be crafting and reading. Work again tomorrow and Tuesday, then off until next week.

Joanne, I like that stash basket,and it looks like it will be great for the beach.

Here is the sweater I finished yesterday. It's from a pattern booklet that I picked up in a discount store when we were on vacation last fall. I got a bunch of booklets for 99 cents each there.

post-6189-0-01669600-1365964277_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I love that sweater, Cindy! Wow- guess your part of the country doesn't realize it's supposed to be spring!!! Weather here was delightful today! Pollen is starting up though and I'm so thankful I don't have allergies.  Glad to hear DH is feeling better--or like you said, not talking about it as much!

Linda- That's great that you'll get to go to Iowa again this summer. I'm looking forward to some time with my oldest in a few weeks. Heading up there beginning of May for a 2 day conference, then 4 days with her. I may just take one more day off just for me. I'm going to be driving home on Monday so I'm thinking instead of returning to work on Tuesday, take that day off and go back to work on Wed or maybe the following week. I'll have to look at the schedule for the project.

Val- I hope Nancy's day wasn't too hard. l finished the summer wrap I made =the pattern is from Red Heart called Romantic Lacy Shawl- I made it with some Debbie Bliss Rialto DK yarn I had bought at a LYS we stopped at last summer in NH- it was on sale and it was one of my souvenirs!.

Mary- I hope you got to relax and work on that gorgeous baby ghan!

Here's a pic of the shawl.

post-27163-0-12158900-1365980052_thumb.jpg

Good evening all!  A very long and tiring weekend.  I managed to pack 8 boxes with "help" from the grandsons.  Littlest one wants to help, oldest one will if threatened to take away the video games.  DD did help the boys pack up some of their toys.  Did go to church today and then cooked lunch.  I'm going to have to limit my standing and cook things that don't take much time.  I've been a good girl and done my exercises.  it takes 45 minutes to do all of them.  But I think (but opinion doesn't count with the PT guy) my leg is getting straighter.  We'll see on Wednesday.

Mary - hope things are going well for you and you got some crocheting time in.

Joanne - sounds like a busy weekend for you as well.  Glad you got some GS time.  Love the shawl!!!  Is it for you???  I haven't even crocheted since I went back to work, just too tired every night.

Cindy - Cute sweater!  Yuk on the weather.  Our weather will take another turn for cold later this week--I'm sooooo ready for no more cold weather. 

Well tomorrow will be another long day--there will be a meeting that I'm supposed to attend, last time it was a 2 hour meeting.  Not sure I'm up to working 8 hours and then staying for 2 hours longer.  But we'll see what the boss says tomorrow.  Have a great evening all!  Hugs to all. 

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Glad your planning a vacation with DD and GS in July. Congrats on your first paycheck.

Cindy, Glad your DH is feeling better. Maybe the trip to the store made him all better. I hope I will have warm weather following me home. Lovely sweater. Is that for your GS?

Mary, Hope you had a nice day and was able to crochet.

Joanne, Sounds like a nice weekend with DD and R&R. It would be nice if you were able to take some extra time off for you. May will be here before you know it. This year is just flying by so fast. The shawl is very pretty. Love that color.

Val, Praying for your friend. My sister is going through some rough stuff. She lost her husband 3 1/2 years ago. I haven't tried working with thread since my problem with my hand started up. I've made a couple of doilies and a small tablecloth. My Grandma worked with thread for many years before she tried acrylic.

Sherry, I hope the pt guy agrees with you. Glad DD and GS helped you pack. It takes awhile to get back to normal routines after major surgery be careful.

The car is packed except for a few last minute things and the covers are over the windows. I don't know if were stopping by SIL or not. Hubby doesn't know if he wants to. He'll have to decide at one point. I told him what will have to do is go up there and stay for a couple days before it's time  to go home, then we can just head home. If we stay were they have internet I'll let you know where were at. Otherwise I'll let you know when we get to DD's. Have a good week everyone!

'Morning everyone. :manyheart 

Cindy ~ The baby sweater is adorable! :c9    The picture of your deck is lovely - but I know you must be so tired of winter!  It's supposed to be 88* here today so that means air conditioning time.

Joanne ~ Your summer wrap is gorgeous! :clap   The yarn you chose is wonderful - love the color!

Sherry ~ You all have already packed a lot!  I hope the meeting doesn't last too late - that makes for a super long day. :hug   Way to go on keeping up with your exercises!

Marlene ~ Have a safe trip home! :manyheart

Valerie ~ You're doing great with the thread work!  Looking forward to seeing pictures. :)

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :ghug

My dad went to the hospital yesterday with severe abdominal pain.  My brother didn't even call my sister or me until he'd been there for 12 hours. :irk  So DH and I drove down about 6 last evening to check on him and they had already released him - x-rays didn't show anything and he was feeling better.  My brother refuses to use a cell phone, so communication is even more difficult.  And that's my rant for the morning. ;) 

Better get busy again.  Have a good Monday! :manyheart

Good afternoon housemates!

Thank you all for praying for Nancy.  She woke up crying because she and Tim always discussed te goodness of the Lord before they would let their feet hit the floor and then they would pray together.  However, she did attend church.  She said that their relationship was such that she can't help but to have peace.  However, we know that she's human and will go through the grieving process.  His funeral is Thursday.  She'll have a hard time on all of the "first" as we all do.  They did EVERYTHING together.  Continue to pray for her.  I talked to her this morning and I'm one of those that's close enough that makes you cry.  We were both about to lose it so I told her I'd talk to her later.

Cindy, your backyard looks good but I know you're ready for some sunshine.  The baby sweater is so cute.  I'm glad DH is feeling better.  I think the trip to the grocery store might have been what he needed. lol

Joanne, your shawl is beautiful and I love that color.  I always took the day after my return from a trip off.  You deserve whatever time you decide to take.  You've worked really hard over this last year.

Marlene, thinking of you as you travel home.  Lifting you up in prayer for a safe journey.  I hope you get to see your SIL since you're out that way.  I know Maya is excited.  I hope the weather is warm and springy by the time you get home.

Mary, I'm sorry your dad is not feeling well and that your brother was insensitive to you and your sister.  I'm glad he's home.  Lifting you and your family up in prayer.

Sherry, I hope your leg is straight.  Good for you getting your exercise in.  Don't overdue the cooking and packing.  I'm sorry you're so tired after work every evening.  I pray everything goes smoothly for you and you can get back to hooking.

Marisa, I hope you're still enjoying your family.  How long will your parents be with you?

Linda, Judy, Julie, Tam...thinking of you ladies.

We had rain yesterday and it turned a little cool.  It was cool earlier today but has warmed up a little.  I think we have a 30% chance for rain through Thursday and it increases on Friday.

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon.

BBL!

Hello house!

Today was a warm springlike day, although it is currently raining. The areas around the river are flooded, and it's supposed to rain most of the week still.

Dh says he feels better, but he's complaining of being really tired. He did work all day though. He sounds like he has a cold,although he denies having a sore throat or any other symptoms besides the tiredness.

Work was very busy today, but it was a good day despite that. I work tomorrow and then I'm off until next Monday.

Mary, it's good to hear that your dad is better. Hopefully your brother will learn to be a better communicator.

Joanne, like Val, I try to have a day off between returning home and going back to work. It's not always possible though.

Marlene, you are probably well on your way toward home by now. Safe travels.

On my way home this afternoon I was listening to the news about the blasts at the Boston marathon. I couldn't help but be grateful that my cousin did not qualify for it this year. I assume he will keep trying, but I'm sure he's grateful that he and his family weren't there. My nephew who loves in Boston was down there with his family for a while, but they had left the area well before the blasts. My heart goes out to all the people affected by this.

HI all,

My DD was downtown today- She was at the Red Sox game (game at 11 on Patriots Day) and she and her friend were walking towards the finish line of the Marathon. They were planning to go see some of the runners pass the finish line and cheer them on. They stopped about 2 blocks away to get coffee and thankfully there was a line. She missed the explosion by about 4 minutes! And if there hadn't been a  line, she may have been right by it. Angels were looking out for her! She told me she is never going to give up coffee!!  She and her friend ended up walking home- and I'm guessing it's about 5-6 miles to her home from downtown. I could hear in her voice that she was a little shaken up, but thankfully she is ok.

Such a senseless tragedy!

Final check in for the day.

Lifting the citizens of Boston and their families up in prayer.

Cindy, glad you had a good day at work.  Hope DH gets some rest tonight.

Joanne, glad that your daughter is safe. 

Have a good night housemates.  See you tomorrow!!

Archived