Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Val and Linda, sorry your weather is cold. It's 54 degrees here, which you might think of as cold, but here in Michigan, it's downright balmy for April. I'm sure there are people out and about in shorts!

I got my hair cut this morning, ( long over due), and picked up a Lego set for my second grandson's birthday next wheel. Wow, te stuff you can make with Legos these days!

I'm not crazy about the hair cut, I think it's too short, but I seldom like a haircut when I first get it. I can't fault the stylist, she did exactly what I asked her to do.

Since its nice weather, I'm going to have dh grill chicken for dinner, and well have it with a huge salad. Not much work for me, which means I can spend the afternoon reading a library book that is due in a couple of days.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I just got in maybe an hour ago.  I did laundry this morning and kind of relaxed a bit at home.  I have a few patients this afternoon and then KtB tonight.

I read through the posts, but didn't take notes to save on time.  I'll check back in later :)

Hi all,

LONG day--and now I'm wide awake!! I felt myself slumping around 3--but there was critical work I had to get done, so I did it, and got home about an hour ago.

My middle DD got the teaching job!!! She's very excited and even though it's only through the end of the school year in June, it's a foot in the door of a school district and it's experience. She told us on Easter that she heard from them and they wanted her to go back and they wanted to observe her teaching. 

Also found out the sex of my stepdaughter's baby that's due the end of June!- another boy in the family!! Her oldest son will be 2 in June! She's the one who lives in AL! DH and I are planning to go down in Oct to meet the newest addition to the family!

Linda- Good luck on the job interview!!! I'm sure you'll do great and get the job!

Cindy- Your dinner sounds great! Tonight, we're having leftovers! LOL

Val- Glad to hear you are going to the doctor!

Marisa- Hope you have fun at ktB tonight!!!!

Good Evening all!!  Dr appt went really well!!  I no longer have the walker (yea!!) and can use the cane as needed.  No more hospital hose (they are a nightmare to get on and off).  And the best news is I can now drive!!!  Will have 6 more PT appointments, he wasn't happy that I'm not at 110 degrees bend.  So some physical torture, umm, I mean therapy is in my future.  Drove to work this morning and had planned to go and help drive to pick up GS from pre-k but that didn't happen.  Boss decided I had to get something done on HIS schedule not mine.  Well I got it done and now tomorrow I get to "train" the bookkeeper that's been doing the job since October but only not right.  I'm now her supervisor and I'm not sure things will go well tomorrow.  Would appreciate some prayers for it.  The attitude she has is not good and no boss tomorrow, so I'm on my own to get her to do it the right way.  :(   Ok, I'll quit the pity party.

Joanne - Hope your day tomorrow goes well.

Linda - hope your interview goes well tomorrow!

Read the rest but I'm so tired, I can't remember what all I read. 

We went to inspect the house tonight, took youngest DD (she's living us with right now) and youngest GS.  They both loved it.  We did all the financial papers last night, so now we wait.  Hopefully all will go smoothly and we'll be in it in no time.  I too hate moving.  The last time we moved, we moved the same stuff 3 times in a 45 day period.  At least this time it will (hopefully) be the last time we have to move.  I plan to start packing on Saturday.  Some stuff never got unpacked, so I'm a little bit ahead on that. 

Well it's time to go and exercise.  All of you have a great night!!

Joanne, congrats on the expected new addition to your family. Visiting them will be a fun trip to look forward to. Rest well! Leftovers will be our dinner tomorrow. I have to work and dh is planning to go help his dad with a shower late tomorrow afternoon. Mostly he just goes there to be available if he's needed. My fil has good days and bad days, and we worry about him falling in the shower, so one of his sons goes over the days he showers.

Sherry, hope all goes well tomorrow. Too bad about more PT, but you have already made a lot of progress. Hope the house deal goes well.

Marisa, hope KtB is fun tonight.

There were just three of us at prayer shawl group tonight, but the time just flew by.  We went to dairy queen afterwards and shared two blizzards among the three of us.  And laughed and laughed and laughed.  Very good for me and them.

Good Evening all!!  Dr appt went really well!!  I no longer have the walker (yea!!) and can use the cane as needed.  No more hospital hose (they are a nightmare to get on and off).  And the best news is I can now drive!!!  Will have 6 more PT appointments, he wasn't happy that I'm not at 110 degrees bend.  So some physical torture, umm, I mean therapy is in my future.  Drove to work this morning and had planned to go and help drive to pick up GS from pre-k but that didn't happen.  Boss decided I had to get something done on HIS schedule not mine.  Well I got it done and now tomorrow I get to "train" the bookkeeper that's been doing the job since October but only not right.  I'm now her supervisor and I'm not sure things will go well tomorrow.  Would appreciate some prayers for it.  The attitude she has is not good and no boss tomorrow, so I'm on my own to get her to do it the right way.  :(   Ok, I'll quit the pity party.

Sorry about more PT and know what you mean about the torture aspect of it.  :lol 

Joanne, congratulations to DD on landing the job.  It's definitely a toehold and good experience.

Another grandson on the way!  :clap 

All for now.  I'll check back in after the interview.  :yes 

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Hope you get some good sleep tonight after your long day today. Congrats to another grandson! Congratulations to DD on her new job!

Cindy, We are planning on leaving the 15th. We will be stopping by to visit DH's sister on are way.

Linda, Hoping the interview goes well. Sometimes smaller groups can be really nice. Glad you had a fun time tonight with the ladies from prayer group.

Sherry, Good luck at work tomorrow.

Marisa, Hope you had a fun time at KtB tonight.

I have half are taxes done. I have 9 more rounds to do on the rr. Daisy is sick. Yesterday she laid on are bed all day except when she had to potty or got sick. Today she has been on the couch. We went and got her some pedialyte and gave her a tablespoon. She didn't keep that down very long. She's just been throwing up clear liquid today. We don't know if she ate something outside or what. If she isn't better tomorrow we will have to take her to a vet.

Hope everyone has a good friday!

TGIF!!

Marlene- Hope that all is ok with Daisy and it was just something she ate outside!!!

Linda- I'm glad that you had such a fun night last night. I agree with Marlene- a small group can be lots of fun! I'm going out to dinner with two of the gals I work with tonight and we're meeting up with a former co-worker who is also a good friend. It will be a nice way to end this long work week!

I'm looking forward to some grandson time this weekend. :c9

Have a good day everyone!

Hi House!  I haven't run away from home. ;)   My oldest sister (from D.C.) has been here and it's been very busy. (i.e. she talks nonstop and I haven't had a minute of silence. :wink)  We're going over to DD's this a.m. and my other sister will bring my dad, too.  Then they will all go back to my dad's and oldest sister will fly home tomorrow.  'Hope that made sense. :lol  

I can't wait to catch up with you all - I hope everyone is okay. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

I have a patient in a bit and woke up late, so will go to the gym after seeing him and then back to the house to shower and back here again.  I have another patient this afternoon.  Tonight there is the GAGI festival, which if I remember correctly stands for Geeks, Artists, and Green Innovators.  Anyways, one lady that owns an antique shop and organizes the event asked us if we would have a KtB group come to her store as part of the event....so at least I have some planned hooky time tonight.  Last nights group was joining pieces to make panels and the database developer was here too helping his wife learn how to enter the panels in, so overall we had a very productive evening.

I think Averie has a dance competition this weekend so am waiting to hear from Ingrid what times she's on because I hope to go.  If not, there is a knit/crochet in at the one lady's house tomorrow.

Joanne - Congrats to DD for getting the job, and you're right about getting a foot in the door.  If she impresses them during the time she has, it will help her when something permanent opens up :yes  Have fun at dinner and spending time with the GS' this weekend!

Sherry - Glad to hear PT is coming along and yep, you're in for some torture, but at least it's the kind that comes with a payoff.  I hope your bookkeeper isn't too much of a problem for you today :xfin  Be careful with your packing.

Cindy - We had leftovers as well.  I hope your FIL is doing alright, good idea for someone to be there for his showers :yes

Linda - WTG on your prayer shawls and such a wondeful treat to get DQ.  Good luck at your interview :hug

Marlene - I took all my stuff over to a new tax guy earlier this week so we'll see what happens.  Can I owe money if I have a loss :think  I sure hope not!  I hope Daisy is feeling better, sounds like a bout of the flu!

Mary - I hope you have fun with your sister, albeit busy :lol

Well, it was morning when I started and then my patient came in the middle of typing and so it sat....and then of course I got sidetracked looking up some cpt codes for supplies that I'd like to add into my system :sigh 

So now, it's good afternoon!

We need all the prayers we can get. Daisy has parvo and probably upper respiratory infection. They gave her fluids by iv, 2 shots, 1 antibotic and 1 for diaherra(ms). We have to give her pedialyte or water every two hours for the next 48 hours. There is no guarntee that it will save her. But the more fluids the better. She is up on her shots and he said we could of brought it home by just going to the store. It has been bad here for a year. The diaherra started last night. So far it's been a few hours since she has gone to the bathroom. She has at least gotten up and changed positions which she hasn't done since she got sick.

I'll be back later.

Good afternoon housemates!

I slept in today.  The weather has warmed up some.  We're suppose to get into the 60s by 3pm.  We have a beautiful weekend lined up.

Linda - I hope you got the job.  DQ and a few friends was a perfect way to end a day.

Joanne - Congrats to DD on getting the job.  I do believe it's the beginning of something wonderful.  Congrats on the news of a new GS.  Have fun tonight with your co-workers and a wonderful weekend with the GSs.

Sherry - Great news that you can now use a cane.  You've made great progress...praying that pt is not too hard on you.  Binding the negative attitude of your bookkeeper and praying that she has a teachable spirit which will make your job easier.  Hope all goes well with the paperwork on your new home.

Marlene - I hope Daisy is ok.  I bet Maya is excited that soon she'll have you home.

Marisa - You always have exciting weekends.  I wish I had your energy.  Have fun tonight.

Cindy - Your dinner sound delicious.  My sister has been talking about grilling.  Georgia has a law that you can't grill on apartment patios.  Forturnately for us, the place we just moved into will let us do it right outside the apartment.  We're luck enough to have enough yard in front.  The biggest problem is taking the grill downstairs.

Mary - Good for you having both of your sisters her with you and Dad.  Yes, your explanation made sense.  I hope you guys have a great day visiting Luke and Zach.  Praying your sister has a safe flight home.

Judy and those I might have missed :ghug .

Gotta go pick up the DNei.

Have a great afternoon all!

Hi, everyone.  I went to the interview with a hand written resume (not my best work) but got the job anyway.  I start Monday!  I am thrilled!  It will be fun working in this shop, I think.  The owner was sweet.

Marlene, that's aweful about Daisy.  Sending lots of prayers your way for a full recovery.  :hug 

Mary, sounds like a very busy time with sis, but also a good time.  Wishing her a safe trip back home.

Marisa, hope you have fun at the GAGI festival meeting tonight.

Joanne, you are definitely due for some good relaxing time this weekend.  Yay for getting time to spend with the GS's.

We need all the prayers we can get. Daisy has parvo and probably upper respiratory infection. They gave her fluids by iv, 2 shots, 1 antibotic and 1 for diaherra(ms). We have to give her pedialyte or water every two hours for the next 48 hours. There is no guarntee that it will save her. But the more fluids the better. She is up on her shots and he said we could of brought it home by just going to the store. It has been bad here for a year. The diaherra started last night. So far it's been a few hours since she has gone to the bathroom. She has at least gotten up and changed positions which she hasn't done since she got sick.

I'll be back later.

Oh Marlene, sending you prayers....I would think it's a good thing that she already seems to be responding to the treatment, but I guess she's still in that 'critical' area of the virus :hug

Good afternoon housemates!

I slept in today.  The weather has warmed up some.  We're suppose to get into the 60s by 3pm.  We have a beautiful weekend lined up.

Marisa - You always have exciting weekends.  I wish I had your energy.  Have fun tonight.

Gotta go pick up the DNei.

Have a great afternoon all!

Enjoy the warmer weather!  Thanks, but I'm really not feeling very energetic all day today :sigh  I should get some rest time in this weekend though. 

Hi, everyone.  I went to the interview with a hand written resume (not my best work) but got the job anyway.  I start Monday!  I am thrilled!  It will be fun working in this shop, I think.  The owner was sweet.

Marisa, hope you have fun at the GAGI festival meeting tonight.

Awesome!!!  I'm so excited for you getting the new job :clap  It really sounds like a great fit for you!

Well, I stopped in JoAnn's during my travels today and picked up a few things.  I got some #5 crochet thread to attempt a shrug! :eek  Oh boy, whatever am I thinking!!!!  Well, I probably won't start it for a while yet.  It's filet crochet, which I've never done but was looking over the chart and it doesn't seem too bad....we shall see what happens :shrug  I also picked up a skein of sashay for a ruffle scarf, but that probably also won't get started too soon :lol  Um, I got 2 small zippers.  I needed a little pin cushion, so got that.  And I got some stuff to stop fraying on my drawstrings for the baby shower gift I'm making.  The black twill ribbon melted up nicely with heat to seal the edges off, but the brown and tan were more like a fabric material and it was just burning the edges :lol  So, I figured I'd give this stuff a try and see what happens.  I had coupons, so got everything for $16 :)

Hello everyone. It was a pretty quiet day at work today. It's a nice cool, but sunny day here today.

Marlene, so very sorry that Daisy is so sick. Praying that she wil respond to treatment.

Linda, congratulations on getting the job!

Mary, you do sound busy, hope you had a lovely day with your family.

Marisa, enjoy your weekend. I think your plans sound like fun.

Val, are you feeling any better?

Joanne, hope you get some rest and relaxation time this weekend.

Thanks, everyone.  Don't know exactly what my hours will be yet, but we agreed on 20 hours a week, afternoons &/or evenings with Thursday evenings off for prayer shawl.

Well, I stopped in JoAnn's during my travels today and picked up a few things.  I got some #5 crochet thread to attempt a shrug! :eek  Oh boy, whatever am I thinking!!!!  Well, I probably won't start it for a while yet.  It's filet crochet, which I've never done but was looking over the chart and it doesn't seem too bad....we shall see what happens :shrug  I also picked up a skein of sashay for a ruffle scarf, but that probably also won't get started too soon :lol  Um, I got 2 small zippers.  I needed a little pin cushion, so got that.  And I got some stuff to stop fraying on my drawstrings for the baby shower gift I'm making.  The black twill ribbon melted up nicely with heat to seal the edges off, but the brown and tan were more like a fabric material and it was just burning the edges :lol  So, I figured I'd give this stuff a try and see what happens.  I had coupons, so got everything for $16 :)

Sounds like a great shopping trip and a lot of great buys.

Good morning!

Linda- Congrats on the job! I'm very excited for you and it seems like a great fit!!! Have fun with it! Oh, what I wouldn't do to be able to only work 20 hours a week---guess that isn't in the cards for me right now!

Marlene- Prayers and positive thoughts going up for Daisy!!!

Mary- Enjoy your time with your oldest sis- and hope you all have a wonderful day today!

Marisa- Great score at JoAnn's- gotta love those coupons!! How did last night go? Sounds like an interesting night!

Cindy- Enjoy the weekend- any plans- or will it be a relaxing one?

Yesterday, I ended up not leaving work till 7- talk about being a little annoyed- there was something that I HAD to finish. I was supposed to meet up with my friends at 6!! I did go meet them and got there at about 7:10 and we had a great visit! I almost didn't go, but they had called me and said that I must come and i'm so glad that I did. Today it's the usual Saturday routine and DD asked if I could babysit tonight so she and SIL can go their good friend's 30th birthday dinner. How can a Grammie say no? It'll be the first time watching the two of them- I hope  that Robbie will cooperate when it's time to put Ryan to bed- :lol  It's been a long time since I watched two little ones!!

Off to put the first load of laundry into the dryer and then begin the cleaning. I hear DH walking around upstairs so now I can do what I need to get done!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Good morning everyone.

Joanne, sounds like a busy Saturday for you. Enjoy your time with the boys.

I was hoping to go out to Lake Michigan and walk the boardwalk in Grand Haven. We go here a lot in the summer, and especially enjoy the people watching.

http://www.visitgrandhaven.com/index.php?catid=69&member_id=3723&catid=69&letter=T

However it is really gloomy this morning, and its supposed to rain this afternoon, so I doubt dh will want to risk it. It's about 40 miles from here. Although he is talking about grilling burgers....

I sewed the BICO together last night, and added the edging, but after looking at it this morning, I decided that I did not care for the edging color I chose, so I frogged that part and will rummage around in my stash and see what else I have.

'Morning, everyone. :manyheart  

Marlene ~ Sending lots of hugs and prayers for Daisy. :hug    I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. :hug

Sherry ~ I hope your training session went okay.  Congratulations on your great recovery! 

Cindy ~ Looking forward to seeing your BICO sweater! 

Linda ~ Oh, I'm so happy for you...the job sounds ideal! :clap   Thursday evening at the DQ sounds like lots of fun. :yes

Joanne ~ Yep, taking care of two gets harder as we get older. :lol   Zach is into "power naps" - he doesn't want to miss anything. ;)

Marisa ~ Have fun with your new yarn and thread!  I hope your weekend is a good one.  :)

Valerie ~ What are you working on?  I can't wait to get back to my baby 'ghan - it's a fun pattern.

Time to fix lunch!

Archived