Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hope you all have a good night. And tomorrow is Friday! Last day of the week. I know that this has been a very long one for you, Joanne.

It was definitely warmer today. Yay!!!!

The cross-stitching is done and I'm now working on the detailing. I really like the look of it. Hope that mom likes it too.

I've gotten half of another strip for John's quilt done. And all the pieces for the rest of it are all ready to be sewn together.

And then added to the latest prayer shawl. The group didn't meet tonight, as it is Maundy Thursday and everyone had services to go to that conflicted. I crocheted during that time. :)

Finished giving Sweet Pea her spring trim, at least for the most part. She was not pleased. Oh, well.

Marlene, it sounds like things are gradually winding down there at the trailer park. You have a lot of great friends there and that make such a difference.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Morning, all. :)   Thank you so much for the hugs and for the sweet comments about Luke's pictures. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Ooh, all that paperwork sounds complicated!  But paperwork means patients, so that's a good thing! :D   I think it's great that you are so involved in the bridge project - it sounds like you've met a lot of wonderful people. :yes

Valerie ~ Yay for finding the buttons you wanted!  I can't wait for pictures of your projects. :)

Linda ~ Your Easter plans sound so nice.  I have a trifle bowl, but have never made it. :lol  WTG on accomplishing so much on your projects. :clap   I know your mom will love the cross stitch picture. :)

Marlene ~ The plans for your Dad's birthday sound great. :yes   Does he live close to you?  Have fun at Ladies Night this evening!

Hi to those I may have missed. :hi

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I ran to Sams and Target this morning to get some holiday errands out of the way.  Now I have Kitty coming over soon to help me decipher through the new bridge database.  I have a couple patients later this afternoon and then we're going to the last lenten fish fry at the Elk's tonight :drool

Not sure what's on deck for the weekend, but Monday is opening day for the Pirates and we, of course, have a group going :lol  Let's go Bucs! :cheer

I read through the posts but did not take notes so I'll just say that I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful Easter!

Marisa ~ Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter to you! :)

While running errands yesterday, I discovered that our Hobby Lobby had almost no ILTY!  Lots of others at the 'ville have mentioned the same problem - hope they restock soon!  So...I went across the street to Michael's and discovered all their Vanna's Baby Yarn was on clearance for $1.79!  Needless to say I bought a lifetime supply.  :lol   I also had a gift card from Christmas, so it was even more fun! 

I started this pattern a little while ago and really like it!

post-10699-0-55731400-1364586924_thumb.jpg

While running errands yesterday, I discovered that our Hobby Lobby had almost no ILTY!  Lots of others at the 'ville have mentioned the same problem - hope they restock soon!  So...I went across the street to Michael's and discovered all their Vanna's Baby Yarn was on clearance for $1.79!  Needless to say I bought a lifetime supply.  :lol   I also had a gift card from Christmas, so it was even more fun! 

attachicon.gif000_0078.JPG

Very pretty!!! And WTG on the Michael's score!!! I love Vanna's baby and use it alot!!! Must go to check out my Michael's tomorrow morning!

Work week is finally over!!! And what a week it was :lol

My DD should arrive tomorrow from Boston around 2ish and I'm looking forward to seeing her. Will spend some time in the morning taking care of what needs to get done around here!

My co-worker loved the two blankets - The first is A RR and the second Tiramusu (without ribbon)

post-27163-0-48113500-1364601933_thumb.jpg

post-27163-0-63232600-1364601950_thumb.jpg

I almost forgot to log on today! Not sure how that happened. Quilting and cross-stitch have occupied a good bit of my day. Met Carole and her family, and Rosie & John at Golden Corrale for their prime rib and shrimp special. Yummy!!!!

Ran a few errands and then came back home to veg with Sweet Pea. 

attachicon.gif000_0078.JPG

That's beautiful, Mary!

Work week is finally over!!! And what a week it was :lol

My DD should arrive tomorrow from Boston around 2ish and I'm looking forward to seeing her. Will spend some time in the morning taking care of what needs to get done around here!

My co-worker loved the two blankets - The first is A RR and the second Tiramusu (without ribbon)

Very lovely blankies, Joanne. Have a wonderful time with the girls this weekend.

Hugs to all of you! :) :)

Hi Ladies,

Val, Your getting a lot of little jobs done now that you have your buttons. It will still be cold at home more than likely. We have a nice group of ladies who craft or just come for the friendship.

Mary, That's always a nice time to stock up on yarn when it's on clearance. Your new project is beautiful! I saved the pattern. Thanks for sharing it. My Dad is deceased. But this year he would of been 80. When Val said they were celebrating her Dad's birthday, I thought that was a really nice thing to do. And wanted to do it to. His birthday is Sept. 10th and one of my sisters always has a cookout for labor day. I'm not sure if I want it then or a little closer to his birthday. Lots of time to think about it.

Linda, Your Mom is going to love your cross stitch piece. Do you put your signature on it? This park is so much different than the one we went to in Florida. Were like one big family here.

Joanne, Have a great weekend with your family. Your afghans are beautiful!

Marisa, You have yourself a good weekend and a Happy Easter.

Hi to the rest of the house!  Suna taught the girls how to knit the scarves. Neither one has ever knit before. The girls who wanted to do the crocheting went to church tonight, so we'll try to get together tomorrow. We had 7 of us there. It was a productive night. Have a great saturday!

Happy Saturday!!!! It's supposed to be almost 60 today!!!  Lots to do this morning, then it'll be off to pick up DD and then spend time with my youngest and the GS!!!!

Looking forward to a very nice weekend!!!! And wishing the same for all of you! :ghug

Good morning everyone. Sun is shining ( wow! Look at all the dust!!!), and it's supposed to be in the high 50's today. It was really foggy when I got up, buts its disappearing fast.

My very busy work week is over. Next week I just work Monday and Friday. I did laundry and bathrooms last night, so today it's floors, dusting and the kitchen.

Mary, thanks for sharing that afghan pattern. I'm always looking for patterns that will help me use up leftover yarn and this looks like a really good one. I printed it off, but haven't really looked at it yet. Yours looks so pretty. Is it going to be scrappy or planned?

I have the main part of the BICO finished, need to sew it together and do the finishing work. Hopefully I will get to that today. Then, by my rules, I can try a new pattern, and it might be this one. Notice how I am ignoring all the WIPs that are sitting around feeling neglected. My new rule is that I can start something new for every finish. I haven't quite figured out how that will reduce my WIP pile though!

And thanks for the heads up on Michaels clearance yarn. Dh is talking about going to the garden center today, and Michaels is just down the road. Might get to check them out, and see if ours has the yarn on clearance.

Joanne, your blankets are lovely. Your co-worker must have been so pleased to get them. Are you celebrating DD's birthday today? Hope it's a wonderful visit and you enjoy it very much. Is this the artist daughter? Has that daughter heard about the job yet?

Val, glad you finally got your buttons. I enjoy button shopping. There are so many cute ones out there. Someday, I'm going to try making buttons, either from clay or wood. Clay might be easier, but I've also seen some gorgeous handmade wooden buttons. And yes, I'm feeling very well again, just a lingering cough, which I always have for a while after I get any sort of respiratory virus. Nothing that bothers me, though.

Marlene, it's cool here compared to Texas, but it's been nice for the past few days, and the temperatures have been over 50 degrees. About the ruffle scarves, I have knit them and it goes pretty fast, but have you ever tried the crochet version? I looked at a pattern and it seems like they would be bulkier than the knit version. I bought some Sashay, planning to try one in crochet, but I decided knitting might be better in this case. I think it's sweet that you want to celebrate your dads birthday.

Linda, your retirement sure sounds lovely, fun hobbies, great friends, a church family, and Sweet Pea! I agree with Marlene, your cross stitch piece is beautiful, and you should sign it in some way, maybe even add the year. Glad you had a good time out with friends last night. We have a restaurant here called Golden Coral. Not sure if its the same chain, I think it might be a buffet style place, but I've never eaten there, so I'm not sure about that. The parking lot is always full, so that probably means the food is good! Enjoy spending Easter with Rosie's family.

Marisa, I am envious of all that energy. You are involved in so many things, plus your practice is really growing. Are you finding time to crochet anything besides KTB stuff? And how is your mom doing?

Sherry, what are you up to this weekend? Hope your recovery is still doing well. What's on your hook these days? Are you still working on your jacket?

Tammy, and Judy, sending hugs.

Well, better get to some of my chores now. BBL.

Hi House. :compute   Thank you for the compliments :manyheart  It's an easy, but fun pattern.   Just in case...it is multiples of 7 plus 8. :)

Linda ~ Dinner with your good friends sounds wonderful!  I was so happy to see that John is getting out and about. :yes  

Marlene ~ I'm sorry that I didn't remember your dad had passed away. :hug   I think celebrating his birthday is a great idea - and a good reason for family to get together!  You sure had a good turnout for Ladie's night!

Joanne ~ Both afghans are gorgeous!  :clap  Love the colors you chose for them.  What yarn did you use for the Tiramisu?  Have a wonderful weekend with your family. :)

Cindy ~ I'll bet you're ready for a slower week next week!  It's cloudy here today, so I'm ignoring the dust. :lol

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :manyheart

We had major storms during the night.  Code Red called about 1:45 and the wind, rain and small hail started about 2.   DD, SIL and the boys are at an Easter Egg Hunt this morning. :)

Good morning housemates!

I forgot to check in yesterday.

Linda, your mom will love your cross stitch.  As Marlene & Cindy has said, initial and date it.  I'm enjoying our beautiful weather.  I know Sweet Pea is probably happy.  I love Golden Corral in Cumming.  There is one in Alpharetta but it's not as good.  Have a wonderful time with your friends this weekend.

Joanne, your blankets are beautiful.  I know your co-workers were very happy.  Will you have all 3 of your girls this weekend?  How are the GSs?  Have fun!

Mary, I love the pattern you shared.  Yours is beautiful of course.  Great score on the yarn.  I love your Spring Avatar.  I need to find a new one for me.  Will you see your GSs this weekend?

Cindy - You got a great start on your chores.  I'm glad you're feeling better.  There's a lady whose page I follow that makes buttons and the handles for crochet hooks.  I have a brand new set of the small hooks.  It hurts my hand to use them.  I bought a couple of individual ones with wooden handles and it was better (now I need to learn to work with the thread).  I think I'm going to purchase whatever that stuff is and put them on my set of hooks.  I spent too much money to just let it go.  What are you doing for this holiday?  Will you get to spend time with your GSs?

Marisa, I'm with Cindy.  I with I could get just half of your energy.  Have a great weekend.

Marlene, have fun teaching crochet to the girls.  Jaleia wants me to teach her.  I don't think she's ready.  I hope it's not too cold when you get home.  We've had 2 beautiful days.  We're suppose to get rain this evening and into tomorrow and a couple of days next week.  Enjoy your Easter holiday weekend.

Judy, Sherry, Tam and anyone I might have missed...thinking of you all. :manyheart

Happy Easter weekend everybody :ghug .

Mary, thanks for posting the stitch multiple for the afghan pattern. I would probably use the pattern for a baby blanket.

It's a lovely afternoon here. I'm sitting outside in the sun. I'm wearing a coat, but I'm quite warm. Planning to take a walk in a little while. We are going to dinner with dd, dsil and the boys, and then they will probably come over here for a while.

Look what I discovered outside my kitchen window today:

post-6189-0-07381300-1364669285_thumb.jpg

Hi Valerie!  I haven't worked with thread in many years - and those small hooks are scary. :lol:wink   Are you all doing anything for Easter? 

Cindy ~ Oh, how fun to discover those happy flowers peeking out at you!  Enjoy your warmer weather. :yes

I'm going to use more Vanna's baby colors in the scrap 'ghan.  Love just the green, pink and white...but I need to be more adventurous. :D  At least it's not a scarf!

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday! :manyheart

Good afternoon everyone. Went to Goodwill to look for a glass bowl for the trifle I'm making for Easter dinner. Cam out with a bowl, two pair of dress pants, two spring tops, and some flowery sheets to use as backings for quilt projects. :) :)

Then on to Cici's Pizza for lunch. And from there to Walmart for some prescriptions and the ingredients for the trifle.

Back home now. Catching my breath and resting a bit before starting on the trifle.

I will definitely be putting my initials and 2013 on the cross-stitch pattern before sending it off.

Beautiful crocusses, Cindy.

Have a blessed day tomorrow everyone.

Linda ~ Your day sounds like a good one!  Great finds at the GW store - Wish we were closer, I would gladly share my trifle bowl with you. ;)

Luke had a wonderful time at the Easter Egg Hunt.  He told his mom and dad that he wanted to find 4 eggs - found 4 eggs and ate them - and went off to play. :lol   He just told me on the phone that his favorite part was riding on a pony. :c9

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!  :ghug

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I crochet the ruffle scarves. I do 6 sts wide plus ch1. I skip every other hole and it takes 4 holes per stitches. The Golden Corral is the same restaurant Linda went to and Val likes. We ate there once last summer and it was pretty good. The flowers are beautiful.

Mary, Cute little story about Luke and his eggs. Maya and her Dad were going to color eggs today. The egg hunts were last weekend and DD was off then and they never thought of it.

Linda, It's always nice to find some bargains at GW.

Val, We were suppose to have rain tomorrow but now it's been pushed to wed. or thurs. I'm glad it's not going to rain. I have to watch to see if it does at home. My Grandma always said if it rains on Easter it will rain the next 6 sundays. She was always right.

Sherry, Did the GS have karate today?

Joanne, Enjoy the weekend with your family.

I made my dish for the Easter potluck. It's Cool cucumber pasta. We took a ride along the water tonight. Lots of people out and about. We took a ride through the cemetary that grows wild flowers. It wasn't as pretty as it has been in years past. Lack of rain probably plays a big role in it.

DD called me this morning. Maya fell out of bed during the night and cracked her lip open. Poor girl!

Hope everyone has a nice Easter!

I seen Tammy had a post on FB asking for prayers for her daughter. She was crossing the street and hit by a car. She's all banged up and possibly has a broken knee. She see's the doctor tuesday.

I have her in my prayers. I hope she isn't down very long. Poor Tam as if she doesn't have enough going on. Praying for her and her family to.

:ducky:1sheep:rabbit  Happy Easter!

Had a wonderful day yesterday and DD made it safe and sound. After picking her up at the train, we headed over to DD's and SIL's. She got to bond some more with Ryan and of course meet her new nephew!

Wishing ALL the house a blessed day!

Hi All - sorry I've been absent for a few days.  Work, although it's not too hard, was tiring after not doing anything but sitting for 4 weeks.  Plus the week of Easter can be somewhat taxing with all the extra services.  And there's a lot of tension with the merger.  But I survived my first week back!  I go to the dr on Wednesday so maybe I'll be able to drive again and get rid of the walker.

We have put a contract on a house to buy!!!!  We are sooooo excited.  It's a great house in a great neighborhood.  It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage with a great kitchen and living room, covered patio and a big back yard for the boys to play in (the fence is brick so little man won't see dogs or cats and be afraid to go outside and play).   The closing is set for April 30 but I'm thinking we'll give notice for May so we can move and not be rushed but I've not talked to DH about it.  Oh how I hate to pack but this should be our last move for a very long time!

Joanne - love the afghans!!  DD told me she's got 2 friends that are expecting and they both want blankets, so I see some blankets in my future AFTER we move.

Marisa - sounds like you've been busy!!

Mary - cute cake!

Cindy - I haven't worked on my jacket this week and since we'll be moving I may not be able to do much on it except on my lunch hour. 

Well, I'd better get busy--we have the littlest GS this morning, oldest GS wasn't feeling well and went home with DD last night.  hopefully he will be ok today and we can all go to church together.

Everyone have a Happy and Blessed Easter!  Hugs to all of you!

Sherry- Congrats on the contract for a new home!! I didn't know you were looking to move--this is very exciting- prayers that it all goes smoothly!!!!! Sure hope oldest GS feels better today!

Good Morning!  It's super dark out and we're under a t'storm watch.  I hope it doesn't ruin everyone's Easter egg hunts!

Marlene ~ Have a good time at the potluck!  Would you share your recipe for the pasta dish?  So sorry about Maya's fall. :hug  Thank you for letting us know about Tammy's daughter.

Sherry ~ Oh, great news about your new house. :cheer   I hope your GS is okay. :yes

Joanne ~ Have a wonderful day with your family. :manyheart

Hi to everyone at Our House. :ghug  

Hope everyone has a safe and blessed Easter. I went to early church today and then came home and made the trifle. It looks yummy, if I do say so myself. :)

Linda ~ Your day sounds like a good one!  Great finds at the GW store - Wish we were closer, I would gladly share my trifle bowl with you. ;)

Luke had a wonderful time at the Easter Egg Hunt.  He told his mom and dad that he wanted to find 4 eggs - found 4 eggs and ate them - and went off to play. :lol   He just told me on the phone that his favorite part was riding on a pony. :c9

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!  :ghug

Luke is such a sweetie! That's adorable about his time at the Easter egg hunt. 

Hi Ladies,

Val, We were suppose to have rain tomorrow but now it's been pushed to wed. or thurs. I'm glad it's not going to rain. I have to watch to see if it does at home. My Grandma always said if it rains on Easter it will rain the next 6 sundays. She was always right.

I made my dish for the Easter potluck. It's Cool cucumber pasta. We took a ride along the water tonight. Lots of people out and about. We took a ride through the cemetary that grows wild flowers. It wasn't as pretty as it has been in years past. Lack of rain probably plays a big role in it.

DD called me this morning. Maya fell out of bed during the night and cracked her lip open. Poor girl!

Hope everyone has a nice Easter!

I've heard that saying about the rain. I hope it doesn't prove to be true, because we had rain here today and there is more in the forecast. :(

Your pasta salad sounds really good. I second the request for the recipe. 

Hi All - sorry I've been absent for a few days.  Work, although it's not too hard, was tiring after not doing anything but sitting for 4 weeks.  Plus the week of Easter can be somewhat taxing with all the extra services.  And there's a lot of tension with the merger.  But I survived my first week back!  I go to the dr on Wednesday so maybe I'll be able to drive again and get rid of the walker.

We have put a contract on a house to buy!!!!  We are sooooo excited.  It's a great house in a great neighborhood.  It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage with a great kitchen and living room, covered patio and a big back yard for the boys to play in (the fence is brick so little man won't see dogs or cats and be afraid to go outside and play).   The closing is set for April 30 but I'm thinking we'll give notice for May so we can move and not be rushed but I've not talked to DH about it.  Oh how I hate to pack but this should be our last move for a very long time!

Congratulations on surviving your first week back at work, especially with it being the week leading up to Easter.

And congratulations on the house. That will be wonderful.

Time to leave for the dinner. Have a wonderful day! 

Cindy, Your pattern for "Lilac's in February Baby Blanket" was the featured pattern at www.dailycrocheter.com  You have to be a member to see it, but it is free to sign up. When you go on there first page there is a free pattern listed, then down a little ways on the right side of the page there is a round circle that says something about another free pattern, you click on that. That takes you to another page and you click on the free pattern for the day.

Here's the recipe:

Cool Cucumber Pasta

8 ozs of pasta (I use the 1 lb box of spiral pasta)

1 tbsp vegetable oil

2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced (I quarter mine)

1 medium onion, thinly sliced ( I use 2-3 slices and chopped them up)

1 1/2 cups of sugar

1 cup water

3/4 cup of vinegar (I use white, I don't know that it matters)

1 tbsp prepared mustard ( I don't use this)

1 tbsp dried parsley flakes

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

1/2 tsp garlic salt

Cook the pasta according to the directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; stir in oil, cucumbers and onion. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours ( I chill mine over night) stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.

I got this recipe from Allrecipes.

Archived