Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't think I'd be away this long but I'm here now! Thanks for all the prayers and I'll be praying for all of you who are having to live with family. It is so difficult! I'm at the library now just to have some peace and quiet. My son and DIL and all her family are so very LOUD! Fridays are drinking nights for them and you never know what's gonna happen. Last night DIL & her niece (the only one of them not drinking) had to go get DIL's drunk sister from a restaurant/bar. When they got back, there was so much yelling and loud talking. I just stay in my room and stay out of it. It's almost like they don't know I'm even there and at times I feel like a prisoner. 

Enough of that. DIL has a scarf her mom made for her and I copied it. It turned out okay but it's too thick for me. Now I'm trying the Boteh scarf but I think I'm doing it wrong. Gonna have to figure it out. But here are some pics of the other scarf. I used an I hook and RHSS Aruba Sea. post-7514-0-48608300-1365280826_thumb.jpgpost-7514-0-57259900-1365280818_thumb.jpg

Hi All!  It's been a good Saturday so far.  I did a load of laundry - finally got to use my new washer and dryer that we bought the day before my surgery.  It's really nice!  Still haven't gotten my PT sessions call yet.  I guess I'll call on Monday and see what's going on.  Got all the paperwork and inspections done on the new house--now the waiting begins.  Hopefully they won't need anything else! I'm starting to pack, very light stuff and I'm not going to overdo it.  I have a month to pack, so if I do some every night I won't have a lot to do when it's finally time to move!

Marlene - sorry to hear about Daisy.  Hope things are going ok for her. 

Linda - congrats on the new job!!

Joanne - enjoy your time with both boys!!

Marisa - sounds like a busy and fun weekend!

Oldest GS got to come for a little while today and then got to go with youngest DD to a birthday party, littest one was grounded so he couldn't come and go the the birthday party.  GS went to karate but there was a gymnastics meet, so they didn't have karate :(  but he will be in a tournament in a couple of weeks.   

Well I need to go get some packing tape so I'll sign off for now.  Have a great weekend all!

Jeannie ~ Hi!  So sorry you are having to live with all the noise. :hug   The scarf is really pretty - love the yarn color!

Hi Linda ~ A good night's sleep makes such a difference!  I can't wait to hear more about your job. :)

Sherry ~ You all must be so excited about the new house. :)   You know we're all going to keep reminding you not to overdo it! :lol

My allergies are worse than ever before - time to call our Dr. Monday a.m.  I stayed inside today, but sure wanted to be out in my yard.  The baby 'ghan is about 1/3 finished - finally had some crochet time this afternoon. :hook

Oh, Jeannie, I'm so sorry you have to live like that.  I would not like it either.

Praying that today sees an improvement in Daisy, Marlene.

Sherry, just be sure and take it easy with the packing.  It can be a royale pain to do and it's very to overdo while doing it.  Good luck with the PT.

Poor Mary.  :hug   Allergies can be such a pain to deal with.  I'm not looking forward to when all the trees decide to bloom at once.  :P

Finally went to the laundromat today instead of the laundry room here at the apartment complex.  I could get as many machines going as I needed all at once and was done much quicker.  :lol

Hi Ladies,

Daisy is a little better today than yesterday. Today she wanted to go outside and be out. We sat out there with her for a little while. She also drank some water on her own. When she's at her water bowl she acts like she's confused. I'm sure she is wondering where her food dish is. She won't get that for awhile. We have to put her on baby food first. When she heard my water bottle making noises she came to me so I gave her some out of the cap and kept filling it up. When we came down we forgot to bring a bowl for her so hubby gave her water out of a cap until we got a cup. I think she remember that. She seemed to enjoy it. When we put pedalyte in it she wouldn't touch it. We did leave her for an hour and went up for lunch. BBQ pulled pork sandwich. When I came back she was sitting right by the table where I sat, so I sat and held her. One time she was laying on the couch and we were (or I was) having a heart to heart talk with her and she pushed her head toward me like she wanted to hug. I told her she can't leave us as I can't tell that to Maya. I told her she was just as special to me as Maya is and no dog has this special. I hope we see a little sign of improvement every day.

Mary, Glad your sister was here for a visit with your family. How's your Dad doing?

Linda, So happy for you that you got the job.

Val, I hope you can get some rest this weekend. I think your getting wore out with the hours the niece and nephew work and you don't get enough sleep. We all do what we have to do or need to do. Enjoy your warmer weather.

Cindy, What did you end up doing? Can't waait to see your BICO sweater.

Marisa, You are one busy lady!

Jeannie, Sorry you are having to live in such conditions. Praying for you.

Joanne, Glad you met up with your friends anyways. I know you enjoyed your evening with the grandsons.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and good thoughts on Daisy. There working! We talked to DD and Maya tonight.  I got some crocheting done today on the rr. I have 5 rows left. It would be nice to get it done tomorrow. If not definitely monday.

Have a great sunday!

Good morning!

I had a wonderful time babysitting for my GS!!! Robbie was most cooperative and slept while Ryan was awake so I got to play with him for about 2 hours before it was time for him to go to bed. Then I had some Robbie time while Ryan was sleeping. It worked out perfectly! My DD and SIL were so grateful to have a night out with friends and I was grateful to have time with the boys. It was truly a win-win!!!

Today there is not much on the agenda- a nice relaxing day is what I have planned.

Marlene- Prayers and positive thoughts that Daisy continues to improve. Can't wait to see your RR when it's finished!

Cindy- What did you end up doing yesterday? I'm thinking that if the weather cooperates today, I'd like to go to the bay or ocean and walk around for a bit---I haven't been since Hurricane Sandy.

Mary- I've heard a lot of people saying how their allergies are bad so far this year! I hope you get some relief after the doctor visit tomorrow. I'm fortunate in that so far, I haven't suffered from them- but my oldest and youngest have seasonal allergies.

Jeannie- I love the ruffle scarf- and adore that color! I've made a couple of them for gifts and have one for myself. I love them! Last year I tried to make one of the ones with the Starbella ruffly yarn- I didn't enjoy the process of making those. Maybe I'll try again since I have one more skein of it. Sorry you have to live with the family and that you feel like a prisoner sometimes. Hugs!

Linda-Sounds like a good night's sleep is what you needed. I didn't get home till close to midnight last night- but I didn't wake up till almost 7:30 so for me that was an excellent night sleep! The one thing I always liked about going to the laundromat IS the fact that you can everything done at once....but I still like doing my laundry at home.

Sherry- Positive thoughts that all continues to work out with the new house!!! How exciting! I would definitely follow up with the doctor about the PT visits. Take it easy!

DH is stirring, so I guess that means one thing---time to make breakfast!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Hi House. :)

Marlene ~ I woke up thinking about Miss Daisy ~ sending more hugs and positive thoughts your way. :hug:manyheart

Joanne ~ Perfect timing with the boys' schedule! ;)   I hope you have plenty of "me" time today. :yes

Linda ~ Have a great Sunday!  Sorry - I've been a bit behind lately :blush  - when do you start your job?  Is it close to home?

Cindy ~ The boardwalk is gorgeous!  How nice to have such beautiful scenery so close to you!

DH went to help son-in-law with a few things and I have laundry going.  Allergies seem a little better this a.m.- yay!

Good evening friends. We did end up going to Grand Haven yesterday. We walked the boardwalk, and then visited some antique shops. I didn't buy anything though. It wasn't cold walking, until we got out on the pier. The wind was really cold, but it didn't deter the fishermen. Today I did nothing except read. I made it through two books. Poor BICO is just sitting there waiting for me to get back to it.

Jeannie, I'm sorry that your living situation is difficult. I like your scarf. I've never tried one like that.

Joanne, glad you had fun with the boys.

Marlene, it's good to hear that Daisy is a bit better. Hope today was even better.

Linda, hope you have a wonderful first day at work tomorrow.

Mary, hope your allergies stay better.

I am working tomorrow, and then we fare going out for my fil's birthday.

Cindy ~ Your weekend sounds so nice. :)   Enjoy your FIL's birthday dinner tomorrow!

Typical spring weather for north Texas...windy and warm with that looming chance of severe weather.  DH worked in the yard and I stayed inside at the desk and actually did some cleaning! :lol  

I hope everyone has had a good weekend! :ghug  

Mary - I feel your pain about seasonal allergies.  Things are all bloomed out here (the stuff that causes all the problems for everyone) but the one that really gets me is cottonwood and that will be coming soon.  So the first sign of getting sick, I have to go see the dr.  I was told with the new knee I have to be extremely careful about infections from allergies and colds. 

We have a chance of severe weather tomorrow and Tuesday--ugh just hate springtime storms as they can get really nasty in a hurry.

Jeannie - the scarf is beautiful--love the color.  I made a bunch of those scarves for Christmas gifts.  I used the potato chip ruffle scarf pattern (it's a free one).  They make up so quick and everyone loved them.

Marlene - hope Daisy continues to improve.

Well no crocheting this weekend :(  Probably won't do much until after the move.  Did get some tape, now I just need boxes which I hope to get some from work tomorrow.  Went to church this morning and saw my best friend that I hadn't seen in quite a while, was good to see her.  DD and I went grocery shopping at Walmart, glad that chore is done.  So I'm really tired and hope that I can sleep good tonight. 

I hope all had a great weekend!  Hugs to all!

Good morning. It's a work day for me, but I got to be on call. The night charge nurse said that she doubted that they would need me, but you never know. In an intensive care unit, things can change quickly.

Not sure what I am going to do with my unexpected spare time. Maybe finish the crocheting on the BICO. (I know, I've been saying that for weeks!). I will probably need to buy buttons for it. I have hundreds of buttons in my stash, but I rarely have just the right button for my projects.

Sherry, I forgot to say congratulations on the house deal. I've heard that moving is a good way to declutter. Don't overdo the packing.

'Morning, all. :)  

Cindy ~ I hope you have a good day - it must be hard to be all ready for work and then have to "wait and see."   :manyheart 

Sherry ~ Do you have a closing date on the house yet?  You must be getting really excited!

Hi to everyone at Our House!

I've done some laundry and vacuumed out my car.  We're expecting rain, so I don't think I'll wash it today.    Off to the grocery store and cleaners - have a good morning!

Wow!  It's so quiet at Our House. :)   I hope you are all having a good day. :manyheart

Here is "Happy Hearts" so far - approximately 38" wide and 17" high.  I used all Vanna's Choice baby colors.

post-10699-0-69820500-1365444557_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon housemates :hi

I had a good weekend.  I went on Saturday to see Averie perform her solo at the dance competition, which was around 11:30.  Her next number was at 3:30 so I didn't hang around although I wanted to see her duet with her friend Julia.  I ended up going out with Steph to meet a couple friends for a late lunch at 2 and we stayed out until about 7!  I crashed super early and slept well through the night.  I spent yesterday sewing up my drawstring bags and only have 2 left to go.  I keep having trouble with my machine.  It'll work great for a few rounds, and then starts acting up.  I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing, but I'm not changing any settings :think  It'll all of a sudden seem to not be pulling the tension tight enough, if that makes any sense.  The cleaning people came this morning, so I didn't hit the gym to be there while they were there.  Then I had a dentist appt for my checkup and cleaning, stopped at the market to pick up a few things for Steph and was super bad and stopped at Sonic for lunch :eek  I have a patient later on, but that's about it for today.

Cindy - Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend walking along the lake and reading.  What did you decide to do today?

Linda - 20 hours/week sounds wonderful for you!  Glad to hear you got a great nights sleep

Joanne - Sorry you had to work late on Friday, but glad to hear you still went out with your friends....some much needed sanity!  Glad you got some great quality time in with the GS'.

Mary - So sorry your allergies are acting up, I think they're forecasting it to be horrible for them this year :(  WTG cleaning out your car.

Jeannie - Beautiful scarf!  Sending you good thoughts.  At least I'm usually involved in the drinking in my situation, but otherwise, I usually do hang out in my room too.

Sherry - Sorry that karate was canceled for the gymnastics and they didn't inform you.  Keep up with your recovery! 

Marlene - Praying for Daisy :hug

HI, Hi!  I spent yesterday afternoon and evening with Rosie, Candy (a friend from New Jersey), and John yesterday.  Just never ended turning on the computer yesterday.

Today was the first day at work (5 hours) and it went well.  The hardest part at the moment is figuring out the codes to use when ringing up items and remembering what discounts apply to which items.  I rang up a return, a credit card sale and a bunch of cash sales.  The last one I did all by myself.  :clap   The first two weeks I'll be working 2-7 on Wednesday and Saturday.  I'll be learning how to close up the store which closes at 7.  Once I'm comfortable with everything they'll be increasing my hours.  Lily was ever so sweet and very patient.  She said that I am catching on quickly.  She's going to be printing out a cheat sheet of codes for me which should help a lot while I'm learning.

From there I went over to Andria's house.  They are getting new livingroom furniture and I'm getting one of the old chairs.  It's a rocker and super comfortable.  I ended up having supper with them, as Ashley (the 9 year old) was having a melt down.  Then Tim followed me home with the chair and I'm relaxing.  I got clutzy coming down their hill and ended up falling down.  Bruised my left knee and the base of my left thumb.  :cry   Mostly just felt super foolish.  :P   I stepped sideways and lost my balance and once I lost it gravity took over.  :yes   I'll be fine in a day or two.  :lol 

Wow!  It's so quiet at Our House. :)   I hope you are all having a good day. :manyheart

Here is "Happy Hearts" so far - approximately 38" wide and 17" high.  I used all Vanna's Choice baby colors.

attachicon.gif000_0086.JPG

That is ever so pretty!  :clap   :clap   :clap 

Sounds like you had a good weekend, Marisa.

Marlene, oh I hope that Daisy is on the mend.  Losing her would be so very hard.  Keeping you all in my prayers.

Heard from my brother near Ames yesterday.  It seems that mom has lost quite a bit of ground in the last couple of weeks.  The staff at the nursing home are already making adjustments in her care to compensate for this.  Makes me every so glad that I saw her in December while I was visiting with DD.  With luck, I'll be able to see her again in June.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Hope the allergies continue to get better. Your progress on the baby ghan is beautiful!

Marisa, What type of  material are you sewing on? Check in your bobbin area and be sure you don't have any loose thread. Do you have a book for your sewing machine? You could look it up. I didn't bring my machine so I don't have my book. It could be just a minor adjustment that you can do. Maybe Cindy or Linda can help you out.

Cindy, I wish we lived closer to Lake Michigan and could go on on those walks. Hope you had a great time at DFIL's birthday dinner tonight.

Linda, Hope you had a good day at work today.

Joanne, Glad the boys sleeping schedule worked out so you were able to have one on one with them. What does Ryan think of his new baby brother?

Sherry, Did you get your pt scheduled?  Take it easy and don't be over working that new knew.

I crocheted a lot yesterday. Two more rows to do. Daisy is getting better. Were giving her baby food (chicken). Thanks for all your prayers. I'm going to go crochet. Have a great tuesday!

Linda - glad you had a good first day at work!  You'll get the hang of it soon and be working more hours!

Marlene - got the pt scheduled but may have to delay it.  The weather here tomorrow will be 80 with a good chance of severe thunderstorms and then at midnight, the temps fall to the low 30's or high 20's and we will get freezing rain for several hours--not fun.  So if that happens, I'll be staying home so I won't have a chance of falling.  Crazy, crazy weather here!

Another long day at work.  Had a meeting tonight but at least it wasn't too long.  And I have another one on Thursday night (weather permitting). 

The pt will be about a mile from GS school, so I'll go to my pt appt first and then go and pick him up after pre-K and take him back to daycare.  One trip and will be out of the office for less time than doing it at the other location. 

Well I'd better get some rest, another long day tomorrow.  Have a great evening all!  Hugs to all of you!

Good morning,

Linda- Hope you are not too sore today! Glad to hear that your first day at work went so well!

Not much time to post to all right now- I did go to craft club last night- it was so nice to be with everyone!!! Some of the gals are heading to the Lion Brand Outlet today--so jealous!!! Can't wait to hear all about their trip next Monday night!

Off to get ready and I'll stop back in later after work

Have a great day everyone!!!

Good morning ladies :hi

Looks like a slow morning here.  Last night I relaxed and didn't do anything, well, I did an extra large sudoku puzzle :lol  Went to the gym this morning and boy was it hard pushing myself to go, and to keep going once I was there.  I had a new patient call and is coming later on and then I have KtB here tonight working on our panels this week!  Oh, I forgot to mention yesterday, I started the ruffle scarf with the sashay yarn at Averie's dance competiton while I was there and got the first few rows knitted, it should turn out cute but I anticipate it will take me quite a while :think

I talked to Maryann and she's having a rough time right now.  Her bf is sick and in the hospital for 2 weeks now and they do not know what's going on!  They keep running tests to rule stuff out, but they are not making progress on determining what's wrong.  Then yesterday, her mom fell down the steps again and this time broke her arm and her hip!  Not good since she's elderly, but she is a fighter and takes pain very well.  But, when she got there they immediately started IV's and have been giving fluids since.  When the nurse said something to Maryann about her mom and a file or not being there before Maryann told them that she see's her regular heart doctor there and was admitted a few years ago for the first fall to check again.  Well, lets just say that they found her file and low and behold should only get limited fluids due to her heart condition or it will accumulate there and the lungs!  So now they have to run xrays to check the fluid situation before knowing if they can proceed with surgery today :sigh  Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Linda - Sounds like a wonderful time with your friends and a great first day of work :clap  Praying for your mom :hug

Marlene - I don't have the book for the sewing machine, my mom's cousin never found it after her mom passed although she did search for it.  The bobbin doesn't really seem to be an issue, but I'm no expert that's for sure.  The specific fabric that gave me a real hard time was a flimsy cotton, the rest are a bit stiffer cotton and seem to work better.    Glad to hear Daisy is showing improvement :hug

Sherry - Oh boy, that is crazy weather for sure!  Be safe :hug

Joanne - Glad you got to go to CC last night :clap

Hi Ladies. :)

Marlene ~ Oh, I'm so glad Daisy is doing better! :manyheart   Yay for nearly finishing your project! 

Sherry ~ Our weather forecast isn't looking too good either. :no   Good news about your pt schedule!

Linda ~ Your job sounds great!  The hours will still give you plenty of time to craft and talk to us. :D   I'm glad the fall wasn't any worse - and hope you're not too sore today.  Sending positive thoughts for your mom. :hug

Joanne ~ Good for you for making it to Craft Club!  Are you working on anything now? 

Valerie and Judy ~ Thinking of you and hope you're okay. :manyheart

Hi to Marisa and anyone I've missed. :ghug

Hi, again.  My knee is scraped but doesn't hurt, and the thumb looks fine but is somewhat sore, but not a problem to use.  I'm glad that I have today for myself though.  Sweet Pea and I spent a while visiting with a young mom from the next building and her one year old son when we went for our first walk today.  She was more than a bit freaked out by the gun shot the other night, but it turned out to be an accidental discharge and no one was hurt.  This is their first son and she's worried about everything.  She's sweet and I can't really blame her with her first one.  We relax more the second time around.  At least, I know I did.

Marlene - got the pt scheduled but may have to delay it.  The weather here tomorrow will be 80 with a good chance of severe thunderstorms and then at midnight, the temps fall to the low 30's or high 20's and we will get freezing rain for several hours--not fun.  So if that happens, I'll be staying home so I won't have a chance of falling.  Crazy, crazy weather here!

Wow!  That is some crazy weather.  Stay safe and protect that new knee.

The pt will be about a mile from GS school, so I'll go to my pt appt first and then go and pick him up after pre-K and take him back to daycare.  One trip and will be out of the office for less time than doing it at the other location. 

Sounds like a great arrangement.

Well I'd better get some rest, another long day tomorrow.  Have a great evening all!  Hugs to all of you!

Good morning,

Not much time to post to all right now- I did go to craft club last night- it was so nice to be with everyone!!! Some of the gals are heading to the Lion Brand Outlet today--so jealous!!! Can't wait to hear all about their trip next Monday night!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Oh!!!  A Lion Brand Outlet!!  That sounds like a really dangerous place for my pocketbook.

Good morning ladies :hi

I talked to Maryann and she's having a rough time right now.  Her bf is sick and in the hospital for 2 weeks now and they do not know what's going on!  They keep running tests to rule stuff out, but they are not making progress on determining what's wrong.  Then yesterday, her mom fell down the steps again and this time broke her arm and her hip!  Not good since she's elderly, but she is a fighter and takes pain very well.  But, when she got there they immediately started IV's and have been giving fluids since.  When the nurse said something to Maryann about her mom and a file or not being there before Maryann told them that she see's her regular heart doctor there and was admitted a few years ago for the first fall to check again.  Well, lets just say that they found her file and low and behold should only get limited fluids due to her heart condition or it will accumulate there and the lungs!  So now they have to run xrays to check the fluid situation before knowing if they can proceed with surgery today :sigh  Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Prayers headed their way.  Poor Maryann.  She must be at her wits end.

Linda - Sounds like a wonderful time with your friends and a great first day of work :clap  Praying for your mom :hug

Marlene - I don't have the book for the sewing machine, my mom's cousin never found it after her mom passed although she did search for it.  The bobbin doesn't really seem to be an issue, but I'm no expert that's for sure.  The specific fabric that gave me a real hard time was a flimsy cotton, the rest are a bit stiffer cotton and seem to work better.    Glad to hear Daisy is showing improvement :hug

Sherry - Oh boy, that is crazy weather for sure!  Be safe :hug

Joanne - Glad you got to go to CC last night :clap

I've had some problems with flimsy material.  And if the bobbin isn't wound properly that can cause lots of grief.  Otherwise, I'm not a lot of help.  A dull needle is another possibility.  I know I don't change mine as often as I should.  Rosie's machine was making some funny sounds the other night and a needle fixed it right up.  She and Candy had been quilting ever since Candy got there for a visit.  They've been turning out baby quilts.  Lots of friends having little ones in the near future.

I'm off to run some errands.  BBL.

Glad to hear your 'injuries' are not bad :hug  How nice to meet the young new mom and you're right....although I've never had kids, my observation has been that the first always makes you the most worrisome!

Speaking of kids, I forgot to tell you that my sister in law is pregnant again!  So, I don't even know how to reply to her text telling me that although my mom had already told me.  I just don't understand how they can NOT believe in birth control.  If they could afford to support their kids, then it wouldn't be an issue what-so-ever.  But, it pains me to see the kids have to suffer because of their stupidity and I would never take any of it out on the kids....of course I love them all very much.  But already having 4, whom all share a single bedroom AND being in a position where you haven't owned the house long enough to think about re-selling and moving into something bigger.  They recently sent a pic of their new bedroom setup and all 3 boys are in bunk beds that look like industrial shelving units made into a 3 story bed with not enough room for the 2 lower ones to have those kids sit upright.  What if they wake up with a startle in the middle of the night and try to sit up :think  Anyhow,  AND following a miscarriage not too long ago :think  My mom already warned them if they got pregnant again she can no longer buy their clothes, which she's done since the first was born.  Things have occured to make my mom want to call social services on them, but in Arizona if they lost the kids they would go to the state automatically :think  Oh well, you all know the history of the whole situation, so I'll stop myself from dragging on.

My intention was to tell Linda that I'll have to check the needle, I know I haven't changed it since I've had the machine although I don't use it much.  But, that just means I don't know when it was last changed so that might be an easy fix.  I'm always pretty anal about winding my bobbins properly and evenly, so I don't think that's where my issue lies :shrug  Thanks for the advice :hug

Hi, again.  My knee is scraped but doesn't hurt, and the thumb looks fine but is somewhat sore, but not a problem to use.  I'm glad that I have today for myself though.  Sweet Pea and I spent a while visiting with a young mom from the next building and her one year old son when we went for our first walk today.  She was more than a bit freaked out by the gun shot the other night, but it turned out to be an accidental discharge and no one was hurt.  This is their first son and she's worried about everything.  She's sweet and I can't really blame her with her first one.  We relax more the second time around.  At least, I know I did.

Oh!!!  A Lion Brand Outlet!!  That sounds like a really dangerous place for my pocketbook.

I've had some problems with flimsy material.  And if the bobbin isn't wound properly that can cause lots of grief.  Otherwise, I'm not a lot of help.  A dull needle is another possibility.  I know I don't change mine as often as I should.  Rosie's machine was making some funny sounds the other night and a needle fixed it right up.  She and Candy had been quilting ever since Candy got there for a visit.  They've been turning out baby quilts.  Lots of friends having little ones in the near future.

I'm off to run some errands.  BBL.

Archived