Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hello everyone. Today was a nice quiet day at work for a change. I have a meeting tomorrow morning, and then I'm off til Friday.

Linda, so glad that it was mostly your dignity that suffered when you fell. Glad your first day at work went well.

Marlene, hope Daisy continues to improve.

Marisa, regarding your sewing machine, I'd definitely check the needle. My mom used to say that a needle should be changed after every project. Your machine may need cleaning. Sometimes just a bit of canned air blown into the area under the needle will do it. The bobbin area itself may be dirty. Most machines come with a tiny brush to clean all those little crevasses. If the bobbin isn't properly installed, you can get tension issues. Also, you should have the same weight thread in the bobbin and on the machine. I find that the more expensive threads tend to work better. Gutterman brand comes to mind, but there are others. Since you say the problem is intermittent, I would doubt that it is a tension issue. And if all else fails, you could try oiling it. And, I just don't know what to say about your brother and sister in law!!

Sherry, hope that freezing rain misses you. I hear that there is snow in our forecast later this week. I'd personally rather have snow than freezing rain. However, I am more than ready for spring.

Mary, I really like that afghan. Those hearts really pop with the colors you have chosen.

Joanne, I'm glad you found time to go to craft club. A Lion brand outlet sounds like a dangerous place. Bernat yarn is made about 50 miles from where my parents lived. When we visit my sister, we practically drive right past it. So far I have resisted the temptation to stop there.

I did not end up having to work yesterday. I spent most of the day wrestling with my serger. Most of my clothes are too big, and I wanted to take a few things in, so I'd have something to wear to my fil's birthday dinner last night. I managed to do a knit shirt and a skirt, but I was hoping to accomplish more.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening!

Marisa - I'm at a loss for words about your bro and sis-in-law!  I can't believe your Mom is still buying all 4 of the kids clothes! I buy some clothes for Ryan and Robbie- just because I want to- definitely don't feel I have to. Sometimes, I can't just resist how cute something is--and especially at the consignment store we have here- they have some awesome buys on practically new things! I will keep Maryann and her BF in my prayers- two weeks is a long time not to have any idea what is going on. And of course, prayers for her Mom! I'll bet Maryann is really missing you right about now!

Linda- Glad to hear that you are ok today! I agree about the worry part with the first. I already see the difference in my DD and Robbie is only a little over 3 weeks old! LOL

Cindy- Are you still doing WW? That's great that you can sew and are able to take your clothes in. Me? I just donated the too big clothes and bought new ones. I have no 'big' clothes anymore, so I'm in trouble if I gain too much weight. I'll have nothing to wear! LOL

Mary- That afghan is really neat! I love the colors (I'm partial to the Vanna's baby colors) It's going to be simply amazing when it's all finished!

Sherry- I hope you get to PT and that the storms aren't too terrible. We had 83 degree sunny, beautiful weather today---which leads me to think- what happened to spring? These are summer temps!

Marlene- glad to hear that Daisy is continuing to improve. Can't wait to see the RR!

Have a good night!

Joanne, yes, I'm still doing WW. I have bought a few new things, but I'd like to lose another 25 pounds, so I don't want to buy too much. However, we are going on vacation in May, and I plan to buy a few new things for that. I'm okay with baggy scrubs for work, but I needed something to wear when we went out.

Around the house I make do with youngest DD's outgrown jeans, (slightly tight in the waist, and more stylish than I would purchase for myself) and a few tops that really were too tight before.

I've already donated a big box full of too large clothes.

Thanks, everyone, for the compliments on the scarf. It came out a bit too thick for my taste. Sherry, the potato chip scarf looks very similar. I copied my DIL's scarf whose mom had made it for her. Guessed at the length for the chain and then did 2 dtr in each chain, turned and did dc in each dtr...gonna try another one with something like sport yarn or even size 3 thread. But first I want to make a plain, narrow one that drapes well...something to accessorize my outfits for work. 

Thanks so very much for your prayers! Please, keep bombarding heaven on my behalf! A couple of other prayer requests: please pray for God's will about moving to an apartment so my 16yo granddaughter can live with me. She's in a bad situation as well...does NOT want to live with her mom. And pray that I will get some work. I need work!!!

Mary, praying those allergies clear up for you. The happy hearts ghan is very pretty.

Marisa, I'm okay with people having a drink or two but I don't like being around drunks who get loud and so obnoxious...especially when I'm stuck in the same house! 

I know I missed a lot in the posts but I'm praying for all your needs. Got to shower, return some shirts to Kohl's and go to my chiropractor at 2:15. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!  :sun

:ghug

Jeannie

:rain   Good Morning!  We're having heavy thunderstorms, so I'll need to unplug my computer soon...

Thank you all for the kind words about the baby afghan! :manyheart

Jeannie ~ I hope you are able to move out soon and that your granddaughter will be okay, too. :hug

Marisa ~ You all must be so worried (and frustrated!) about your brother and sil's situation. :(   The kids are all that's important and so often the ones that suffer the most. :hug

Will check in later after these storms leave. :ghug

Good morning housemates :hug

We only had a few of us for the KtB group last night, which was nice.  I got a square and a half done for my 2nd panel.  Steph and Bean went out for wings and brought me some home :manyheart  I had a patient this morning who just left, a haircut this afternoon, and then dinner tonight with friend's to celebrate a birthday :clap

Cindy - Thanks for all the tips.  I'm pretty good about winding my bobbin right from the spool of thread I'm using so I know it's the same so that's probably not the problem.  I'm sure it could use a cleaning.  I had a guy do it in Philly, but it hasn't been since I moved here :eek  I'm going to pick up a needle....but first I have to figure out WHAT I need.  If I remember tomorrow, I'll bring it with me to take to JoAnn's.  Congrats on all your weight loss!!! :clap  That's great news, keep up the good work :hug

Joanne - Well, my mom actually sends bro's and sil's clothes or gift cards too :eek  It's one thing to pick things up here and there because you can't resist.  It's another to get lists at the change of each season as to what's needed for each kid....shirts, tanks, shorts, jeans, etc.  She's more in the 'obligated' category although it is something she does enjoy, but they definitely take it for granted and advantage of.  I mean, when I'm out with them I rarely actually ask for anything because it drives me crazy to have to depend on them and my sister to support me.  But, at least I'm working towards something and showing improvement.

Jeannie - Sending prayers your way and hoping you're able to get your own apt and take your gd with you :hug

Mary - Oh boy, I hope the storms don't cause too much trouble :hug

Good morning/afternoon all!

Like Mary, along with everything else, my allergies are on the rampage.  I have problems year round but sometimes worst than others.  This is a worst than others.  My car is covered in pollen.  My poor DGN is worst than me, her eyes will actually close up.  She can not go outside except to go to the bus/car until this pollen is gone.

I made a doctor's appointment...however, they can't see me until June.  I don't have insurance so I have to wait.  At least, I finally got in. 

Jeannie, praying for you and your granddaughter.  Your scarf is beautiful.  Praying that you will find work and get your apartment soon.

Cindy, I love walking around a lake.  My cousin and I use to walk around one at the park back home.  WTG on your weight loss.  Keep up the good work.  I read a book this weekend by Thomas Kincade..."The Inn at Angel Island."  It's another book I received when I was in the bookclub.  It's the first in a new series so now I have to get the other books.

Mary, my allergies are about to kill me.  I'm glad yours are better.  My little GN, Jaleia Marie and I are both having a hard time.  You have made great progress on the Happy Hearts ghan.  Your storms must be those we're expecting Thursday evening.  Our storms usually come from the West.

Linda, we got our washer fixed and I am glad.  However, like you, I prefer the big laundromat to the one at the apartment complex.  It's faster.  I only used the complex laundry if I had something small.  I'm glad you've gotten some rest and spent some quality time with friends.  I'm glad your fall was not serious.  Lifting your mom up in prayer.  I also pray you will get to see her in June.  Does this mean you're going to make this an annual trip to see your DD?  If so, I think that is wonderful.

Marlene, I'm so glad Daisy's health is improving.  You're right, I don't get enough rest especially when my nephew works a late shift and my neice has to be there at 5.  However, I earn my stay by driving.  I hope with this Drs. appointment, we can start working on disability.

Joanne, I'm glad you got to go to the friend meet up.  With the hours you work, you need some me time to do fun things with others as well as the GSs.  I'm glad they worked out for you as well.  What a way to end a week!  Good for you getting to CC.  Is the Lion Brand warehouse close to where you live?  Your temps are higher than ours here...not that I'm complaining.  Our upper 70s feel like 80.  I think we're in for another scorching summer.

Sherry, I hope you don't get any serious storms.  Be careful.  I'm glad you're improving and that your schedule pt coincides with picking up the GS.

Marisa, all I can say about BIL/SIL is wow.  Praying for your mom.  Lifting Maryann, BF and her mother up in prayer as well.  Looking forward to seeing your scarf.

Judy, :hug.

Have a wonderful afternoon housemates :ghug .

Good afternoon!  It's a beautiful day out today.  We were in the mid 60's yesterday and supposed to get to at least 70 today.  The pollen count has jumped from 100s last week to 4,151 today almost all of it from tree pollens.  Everything is coming at once this year instead of being spread out over several weeks in a normal spring.  It's a good thing I bought more allergy meds yesterday.

I start work at 2:00 today. Lily said that it's okay to bring my crochet with me to work on when we are customer free.  I'll bring a prayer shawl and my spinning with me today.  Of course, work comes first, but it's nice to be able to craft when it's quiet and there's nothing to do but wait for the next customer.

Speaking of kids, I forgot to tell you that my sister in law is pregnant again!  So, I don't even know how to reply to her text telling me that although my mom had already told me.  I just don't understand how they can NOT believe in birth control.  If they could afford to support their kids, then it wouldn't be an issue what-so-ever.  But, it pains me to see the kids have to suffer because of their stupidity and I would never take any of it out on the kids....of course I love them all very much.  But already having 4, whom all share a single bedroom AND being in a position where you haven't owned the house long enough to think about re-selling and moving into something bigger.  They recently sent a pic of their new bedroom setup and all 3 boys are in bunk beds that look like industrial shelving units made into a 3 story bed with not enough room for the 2 lower ones to have those kids sit upright.  What if they wake up with a startle in the middle of the night and try to sit up :think  Anyhow,  AND following a miscarriage not too long ago :think  My mom already warned them if they got pregnant again she can no longer buy their clothes, which she's done since the first was born.  Things have occured to make my mom want to call social services on them, but in Arizona if they lost the kids they would go to the state automatically :think  Oh well, you all know the history of the whole situation, so I'll stop myself from dragging on.

Oh good grief!  I can't say too much since my niece has 9 kids now and they aren't using birth control either.  However, they are supporting themselves and the kids and being productive citizens.  Dawn and the girls have a bakery and her husband is a nurse.  They have a big garden and room for all the kids.

My intention was to tell Linda that I'll have to check the needle, I know I haven't changed it since I've had the machine although I don't use it much.  But, that just means I don't know when it was last changed so that might be an easy fix.  I'm always pretty anal about winding my bobbins properly and evenly, so I don't think that's where my issue lies :shrug  Thanks for the advice :hug

Hope it's something simple.

Thanks, everyone, for the compliments on the scarf. It came out a bit too thick for my taste. Sherry, the potato chip scarf looks very similar. I copied my DIL's scarf whose mom had made it for her. Guessed at the length for the chain and then did 2 dtr in each chain, turned and did dc in each dtr...gonna try another one with something like sport yarn or even size 3 thread. But first I want to make a plain, narrow one that drapes well...something to accessorize my outfits for work. 

Thanks so very much for your prayers! Please, keep bombarding heaven on my behalf! A couple of other prayer requests: please pray for God's will about moving to an apartment so my 16yo granddaughter can live with me. She's in a bad situation as well...does NOT want to live with her mom. And pray that I will get some work. I need work!!!

Keeping you in my prayers.

Marisa, I'm okay with people having a drink or two but I don't like being around drunks who get loud and so obnoxious...especially when I'm stuck in the same house! 

I agree about drinking.  Being around drunks is a royal pain.

I know I missed a lot in the posts but I'm praying for all your needs. Got to shower, return some shirts to Kohl's and go to my chiropractor at 2:15. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!  :sun

:ghug

Jeannie

Good morning/afternoon all!

Like Mary, along with everything else, my allergies are on the rampage.  I have problems year round but sometimes worst than others.  This is a worst than others.  My car is covered in pollen.  My poor DGN is worst than me, her eyes will actually close up.  She can not go outside except to go to the bus/car until this pollen is gone.

I made a doctor's appointment...however, they can't see me until June.  I don't have insurance so I have to wait.  At least, I finally got in. 

Ouch!  Did you ask to be put on a list for an earlier cancellation appointment?  Sometimes that will get you in a lot quicker.

Mary, my allergies are about to kill me.  I'm glad yours are better.  My little GN, Jaleia Marie and I are both having a hard time.  You have made great progress on the Happy Hearts ghan.  Your storms must be those we're expecting Thursday evening.  Our storms usually come from the West.

Linda, we got our washer fixed and I am glad.  However, like you, I prefer the big laundromat to the one at the apartment complex.  It's faster.  I only used the complex laundry if I had something small.  I'm glad you've gotten some rest and spent some quality time with friends.  I'm glad your fall was not serious.  Lifting your mom up in prayer.  I also pray you will get to see her in June.  Does this mean you're going to make this an annual trip to see your DD?  If so, I think that is wonderful.

That's been when I've usually gotten to see them, as that was when John had a week's vacation.  They went to Florida and went to see DD and GS.  I may have to postpone it to July, but we'll see.

Have a wonderful afternoon housemates :ghug .

I need to get ready for work.  Hope everyone has a great day.  :ghug 

Wow Linda, that's awesome.  It's almost like working from home with you being able to craft at work.  Thanks for the tip on the drs. appointment.  I will call them tomorrow and ask them to do that.  I hope you're having a great time a work.

Hi All!!  Well, we got some freezing rain but the roads were ok.  It's just the trees and electric lines that are suffering from the ice!  The wind is horrible, cuts right through you.  At least now the sun is shining but it will get well below freezing tonight, ugh.  Supposed to warm up by the weekend!  Spring was only here a couple of days, I'm afraid that summer will come fast and furious.

Joanne - would love to have had the 80's today!!  Enjoy it!

Linda - awesome on the job!!

Jeannie - will be in prayer for you.

Mary - hope your storms weren't too bad.

Had my first outpatient PT, probably should have had it all the time. He's not impressed with my "progress".  I have to do lots of stretching to get the leg straight and it hurts!  He did knee CPR at one point to push the knee down.  Also the bend isn't where it's supposed to be but I knew that.  I go again on Friday but I get to do the lovely exercises again tonight.  Ugh but it will be worth it once my leg is straight.

Well, off to do exercises!!!!  Have a great evening all!

Sherry, that's too bad about the exercises not being where they should be.  I know that some of them were a royal "pain" when I was doing them.  Hope the weather straightens up for you soon.

Just got home from work, which went well.  It was very quiet today up until the very end when it did get busy.  Soooo I got half a prayer shawl done.  I got to help with stocking and pricing some too.  That definitely helps me learn the prices better.  I even figured out how to get the tagging gun to work right.  (It had been acting up for them.)  And I remembered the code for checking out on the credit card machine, something I'd just been told once on Monday.  Lily is super pleased with how quickly I'm learning things.  Looks like I'll be working most or all of Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday by the last week of the month.  I'm feeling super happy with myself.  :lol

Hope you've all had a good day.  :hug

Hi everyone. I was home today, but our Internet was down more than it was up, so I couldn't get anything to post. It's been cold and rainy here today.

Val, I'm glad you made a dr appointment. Are you doing any better?

Linda,it's nice that you can craft at work.

Sherry, sorry PT was hard, but I think it will be worth the work.

Mary, we had thunderstorms last night, but a little north of us they had thunder and lightening accompanied by snow.

Joanne, hope you had a good day at work.

Jeannie, prayers for your situation and for your dgd.

Marisa, I buy clothes for my grandsons, but not because I have to. I have to admire your mom for buying clothes from a list. I think I would probably be upset at that.

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know Daisy has made a big improvement today. We went out to the store and came back and she got up went out side to potty and then she ran across the yard to hubby.  She ate a couple of bites of his cereal this morning and some chicken (baby food). Tonight she wanted to play with her toys. I really believe she understands a lot of what I tell her. I know she knows we love her. At crafts today one of the ladies said she (Daisy) is lucky she has us for parents. We are so happy she has pulled through this. I wouldn't want anyone to go through this.

I'll catch up tomorrow. Have a great thursday!

Good morning!

Marlene- I'm so happy to read that Daisy is on the mend and doing so well!!! I can 'hear' the happiness in your voice through your post!

Linda- Sounds like you really landed the perfect job for you! How nice that you can crochet in your down time at the store! I bring crochet with me to work every day with intentions to do a little at lunch time, but lately, I've been so busy that I end up eating while I'm working- not the best situation- but it is what it is!

Marisa- I can't believe that they send your mom a list of what they need- IMO, your Mom needs to just say enough is enough. How was the birthday dinner last night?

Cindy- Did you get the BICo done?

Sherry- I hope that your knee will get to where it needs to be.

Judy- Thinking of you and sending hugs! :hug

Val- Hope that you are able to get an earlier appointment! I always ask to be called if there is a cancellation when I have an appt scheduled.

Mary- We had some pretty intense thunderstorms last evening. It was 83 degrees during the day and a colder front moved in. We have cooler temps today- with more rain on the way. At least the weekend is shaping up to be pretty nice and those are the days that count for me! :lol

Off to get ready for another fun-filled day! I didn't stop last night to see my GS which was my plan- the sky was turning ominous on my drive home and figured I should just get home and stay there for the evening. Hoping to stop tonight. I need some R&R time! :)

Good morning housemates!

Linda, I'm so glad you're doing so well on the job and I'm not at all surprised.  Is your store in the same store front mall as Hobby Lobby?  WTG on getting the shawl half way finished.  Be careful this evening with the thunderstorms coming in.  At least, they will only last throughout the evening and early Friday morning.  We have a beautiful weekend on tap.

Cindy, sorry about your internet.  Did you get a chance to do any crafts?  Yes, I'm feeling a little better.  However, I know that I need to see a doctor because something is going on in my body.  Thanks for asking.

Joanne, so sorry you didn't get a chance to see the DGSs last night.  I hope you can see them tonight.  Will you get the storm that's coming through here this evening and into the night?

Sherry, I hope all goes well with your pt.

Marlene, so glad that Daisy has pulled through.  I do believe that the furry babies know what you're saying to them.  "MJ", our cat knows.  He's not allowed in the kitchen and has the nerve to try to pull one over on us when he's determined he's going in.  He also wants to eat what we eat.  My DNeph has severly flat feet and usually can't walk around much once he's home from working on his feet in the pharmacy all day.  He eats his meals in his room.  MJ knows my DNeph can't chase him, so he'll get a bone on any left over meat when he get a chance and run across the room to eat it.  He seems to know when my nephew should be home from work and cries when my nephew works OT.  Because of the things MJ has done, I believe anything people tell me about their pet.  By the way, it's National Pet Day.  Give Daisy a hug from me.

Mary, Marisa, Judy and everyone else...have a terrific Tuesday.

BBL!

Good Morning!  We lost power for a few hours yesterday, which meant no UVerse - no phone, tv, or internet.  Everything was fine when the power was restored...except the internet didn't work!  They were able to reset something this morning while we were on the phone...so far, so good! :)

Marlene ~ I had tears of joy when I read how well Miss Daisy is doing. :manyheart  

Linda ~ Oh, the job sounds great!  I know they are thrilled to have someone who is responsible and and easy to train! :cheer

Valerie ~ I'm glad you're a bit better and that you've made an appt. :hug   I loved reading about your very sneaky cat. :lol

I know I'm missing all sorts of posts, but I will catch up later. :yes   After being on the phone with AT&T for an hour, I need to take care of a few things. :ghug

Hello!  It's another warm spring day, with light winds and overcast skies.  Today's pollen count is 8,052!!!  When the wind gusts you can literally see it pick pollen up off the ground and swirl it through the air!  :eek   So far I'm not doing too badly with it, but I'm just waiting for the trees that get to me to bloom.  At the rate things are popping it won't be long. 

I may end up working 24 hours a week as LesCo is only open from 11-7 and it's kind of silly for Lily or Frank to have to come in just for two hours two of the three days that I will be working.  We'll see.  My days are going to be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday.  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the busiest days of the week.  One of the things I'm planning to do with my down time is to make sure that things are tagged.  It will serve the double purpose of getting me familiar with prices and make ringing up customers much easier.  I keep telling Lily to put me to work, I'd much rather be doing something for the store than crafting for me.  After all, they are paying me to be there.  Somehow I think my work ethic is far different from a lot of the employees they've had in the past.  Which is good for all of us.  The customers are very nice.  One of the ones that was in on Monday when I was there asked about me the next time she was in.  What a nice warm fuzzy!

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know Daisy has made a big improvement today. We went out to the store and came back and she got up went out side to potty and then she ran across the yard to hubby.  She ate a couple of bites of his cereal this morning and some chicken (baby food). Tonight she wanted to play with her toys. I really believe she understands a lot of what I tell her. I know she knows we love her. At crafts today one of the ladies said she (Daisy) is lucky she has us for parents. We are so happy she has pulled through this. I wouldn't want anyone to go through this.

I'll catch up tomorrow. Have a great thursday!

Oh, what wonderful news, Marlene.  :clap   :clap   :clap 

Linda- Sounds like you really landed the perfect job for you! How nice that you can crochet in your down time at the store! I agree!  I bring crochet with me to work every day with intentions to do a little at lunch time, but lately, I've been so busy that I end up eating while I'm working- not the best situation- but it is what it is!  You need a bit of a break, too.  Our minds can only concentrate on mental tasks for so long before they start to slow down.  At least a couple of minutes to get up and stretch every hour or so.  You'll be lots more productive.  :hug 

Marisa- I can't believe that they send your mom a list of what they need- IMO, your Mom needs to just say enough is enough. That is just so wrong.  I know that I've asked DD occasionally what sizes GS wears or for suggestions on things he might like, but that is sooo different from being sent a list of this is what they need now.  

Off to get ready for another fun-filled day! I didn't stop last night to see my GS which was my plan- the sky was turning ominous on my drive home and figured I should just get home and stay there for the evening. Hoping to stop tonight. I need some R&R time! :)

Hoping you get some time with GSs tonight.

Good morning housemates!

Linda, I'm so glad you're doing so well on the job and I'm not at all surprised.  Is your store in the same store front mall as Hobby Lobby?  Yes, it's between the music store and Simple Strands.  WTG on getting the shawl half way finished.  Be careful this evening with the thunderstorms coming in.  At least, they will only last throughout the evening and early Friday morning.  We have a beautiful weekend on tap.

Yes, I'm feeling a little better.  However, I know that I need to see a doctor because something is going on in my body. 

I'm so glad that you are going to get that taken care of.  :hug 

Marlene, so glad that Daisy has pulled through.  I do believe that the furry babies know what you're saying to them.  "MJ", our cat knows.  He's not allowed in the kitchen and has the nerve to try to pull one over on us when he's determined he's going in.  He also wants to eat what we eat.  My DNeph has severly flat feet and usually can't walk around much once he's home from working on his feet in the pharmacy all day.  He eats his meals in his room.  MJ knows my DNeph can't chase him, so he'll get a bone on any left over meat when he get a chance and run across the room to eat it.  He seems to know when my nephew should be home from work and cries when my nephew works OT.  Because of the things MJ has done, I believe anything people tell me about their pet.  By the way, it's National Pet Day.  Give Daisy a hug from me.

I totally agree!  I'm certain the Sweet Pea understands me.  She knows she's supposed to just have her dry dog food and an occasional pet treat, but she will look at me with such longing when I am eating that I very occasionally will give her a bit of something.

Mary, Marisa, Judy and everyone else...have a terrific Tuesday.

BBL!

Have a wonderful day everyone.  Hugs to Judy and Phil.    BBL

Good afternoon ladies :hi (I can't believe it's already 4!)

So let's start with the chatter.....the birthday dinner was a lot of fun last night!  Catching up with this group is always full of laughter.  The minute I got in the car to leave it was a DOWNPOUR!  Like wipers on full blast and still only being able to go 20mph because it's hard to see.  I just took my time and was fine though.  I stopped by Ingrid's to pick up hoagies from a fundraiser for one of the kids that were delivered yesterday.  I wanted to have them because her (and Bean's) other sister came by our house this morning to pick her order up since she works really close to our house.  I didn't work out today as I'm feeling tired....but more on that later....

I did have a lazy morning at the house and watched the last Hell's Kitchen and half of a Chopped.  On my way here, I stopped by the tax office to sign and pick up my return (where Ingrid's working) and then up to JoAnn's to pick up a new needle for the sewing machine.  I got universal ones since none of the specialty ones seemed to fit with what I was doing.  Is that good for scrub-type fabrics?  Or should I have gotten something else?  Obviously, I've never done serious sewing before :lol  Usually just the usual mending.

Linda - Oh boy, that pollen sure sounds like a killer!  I'm so glad to hear that work is going so well!  We all just knew that it would be a great fit for you.

Val - Glad you have a dr. appt and I agree with Joanne about seeing if you can be alerted in case of a cancellation.

Sherry - Wow, your weather is really acting up....we were actually talking about just that at dinner last night too.  Keep up those exercises with dilligence, they're VERY important to your recovery :soap

Cindy - Sorry your internet was giving you trouble, it was probably due to the crazy weather.

Marlene - So glad to hear that Daisy is improving!

Joanne - I had a steak salad at dinner and it was delish!  As for my mom, she knows what she should do, but has serious issues knowing that the kids would be the ones to suffer :shrug

Mary - Glad to hear your got your power back and it wasn't too awfully long.

OK, so now for the somber portion of today's post.  I got a call from Maryann at 2:30 am last night and her bf passed away!  I'm still baffled and in shock.  When I answered I knew it wasn't going to be good news just because of the hour it was when I saw the caller ID.  So of course she couldn't even talk, so I only asked who it was....because remember she had him in one hospital and her mom in another, so I knew it was one of the two.  I just kept talking nonsense to her to help calm her down a bit although she was doing a phenomenal job keeping her composure I must say.  I think mostly because she was at the other hospital with her mom (she's been sleeping there every night) although her mom was asleep through all of this so she left the room and all.  I had her talking a bit and calmed down somewhat.  She had said her cousin was on her way up there so I wouldn't let her hang up with me until her cousin arrived, which was about an hour (hence being tired and drained today).  She said something about work today and I told her not to worry about that and don't go in today, she wouldn't be useful to anyone and she needs to allow herself the time she needs.  She's been dating probably for about 3 years and he's young.  When I talked to her earlier in the week they still hadn't diagnosed him, but were doing dialysis that day to clean the blood was what they said.  So when I talked to her last night, they had determined that he had Lupus. 

It really reminds you that we really just don't know what can happen from one day to the next and life is short! :sigh

I'm here late today so will check back in later.

Finally got online. Our power went off last night, and although it came back relatively quickly, Internet was out for most of the day. It's still raining, but not as windy. We've had a lot of rain over the past few days, and there is more in the forecast. I feel bad for people living on the river. It's over flood stage already, and its supposed to keep raining into next week.

Marisa, I'm so sorry to hear about Maryann's bf. lupus is an awful illness, and often strikes young people. I have seen a few deaths of young patients due to it. You are such a wonderful friend to keep talking to her until more support arrived.

Linda, I think you are going to be a real asset to that store. It sounds like a win win situation for all parties involved. Are you enjoying the job?

Joanne, I agree, your brain needs a bit of downtime to stay sharp. I know that I am more efficient at work if I at least take a 15 minute lunch. There are times when my patient is too unstable to leave, but luckily those days are rare. Hope you get some grandson time soon. Mine visited for a while today.

Val, glad you are feeling better. Hope there's a cancellation and you can see the doctor sooner than June.

Marlene, I'm so glad that Daisy is getting better. It's still cold, gloomy and wet here. Hopefully it gets better by the time you come home.

Mary, hope you are all caught up with your chores now, and that the stormy weather has left your area.

Hi Sherry, hope your work day went well, and that you are not overdoing the packing work.

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, Sorry to hear MaryAnn's bf died. I have a friend that had lupus. She died from complications to it. It's to bad your brother and sil take advantage of your Mom the way they do.

Cindy, I hope the warm weather will be there when we get home.

Joanne, Glad you could go to your crochet group. Sorry the storms kept you from being able to visit the GS. Hope you wee able to tonight.

Sherry, I always looked at pt as pain is gain. Take all that you can get because it won't get better later.

Linda, Glad your job is working out for you. It is nice that you can crochet at work.

Val, Glad your going to get into the doctor. I would ask about the cancellation list to.

Mary, We had storms here during the night. We got 3/4 of an inch of rain. It was soaked in the ground by the time we got up.

I've been packing this week. I cleaned the the refrigerator and defrosted it tonight. And I have are taxes all done. Tomorrow I'm taking the car for an oil change. I talked to Maya and DD today. Maya is all excited we will be home soon. Daisy is doing good.

I hope everyone has a nice friday!

Good morning housemates :hi

Slow night yesterday and morning today in here :think  I was here late last night and didn't finish my paperwork for the new patient I had before I left.  She has medicare and a supplemental so I have to figure out how to get the secondary in the system on her account.  I was being unsuccessful last night so decided to look at it with fresh eyes today.  But, this is only my third medicare patient and the first with a supplemental so it's a new process for me....plus it's an out of state plan.  I'll figure it out though.  I have a patient coming at 10 and another at 4.  And I think the ballet mom will try to get in this afternoon as well.

Tonight we're going out to celebrate our friend's 40th birthday, which is next week.  And my parents  are driving in tonight as well :clap

Cindy - Thanks for the insight about Lupus, I would have expected them to be able to diagnose that within the 2 weeks in the hospital but I don't know any other details or complicating factors that may have been involved.  Glad you got your power back and I hope it doesn't flood too badly for you, keep safe :hug  Have a good day at work.

Marlene - Sounds like everything is surely winding down at the park there.  So glad to hear Daisy is doing better and I'm sure Maya just can't wait to see you :manyheart

Be back later....

Good Afternoon, Ladies. :)

Marisa ~ I was so sorry to read about Maryann's bf. :(   My father-in-law had Lupus and it took going to the Mayo Clinic to finally get a diagnosis - he lived with it for several years.  Enjoy your weekend and time with your parents! :yes

Marlene ~ Maya must be so excited that you're going to be home before long!  Maybe we'll get to the coast next time you're there. :)  And please telll Miss Daisy that we are so glad she's okay! :manyheart

Linda ~ I can "hear" in your post how happy you sound! :D  

Sherry ~ I hope all is well with you. :)   Do you know when your closing will be yet?  How is the new pt going?

Hi to everyone at Our House! 

I was invited to two baby showers tomorrow.  Both are neighbors and the invitations came on Monday and Tuesday...not much notice!  Anyway, I'm not going to either one - how would I decide? :lol   I got baby gifts this a.m. and will deliver the packages this afternoon.  We don't know either one very well, so I decided against a baby afghan. ;)

Hi everyone, very busy day at work today, but a good day. I'm tired though. Dh doesn't feel well, and he's taking it like a Man. He's mentioned it 5 or 6 times since I got home. It seems he thinks he's got a cold coming on. ( insert sarcastic smiley here)

Mary, seems to me that a lot of neighbors might be in the same situation as you regarding those two baby showers.

Marisa, we live up on a hill, and nowhere near the river. Our neighbors houses would have to be underwater for it to flood in our yard. I think Lupus is hard to diagnose because so many other auto immune diseases have similar symptoms, and it's partly diagnosed by eliminating other possibilities.

I still haven't finished the BICO. I started another baby sweater though. Dd asked me to make a lighter weight one that will fit him now. It's about a third finished.

Hi all,

Marisa- I am so sorry to hear about Maryann's BF- please tell her I'm thinking of her and sending my condolences and some hugs. I hope her Mom will be ok- that's alot to bear all at once. Have fun tonight at the party!

Linda- Glad to hear that everything is going so well with the new job- sounds like you are perfect for the position!

Mary- I don't blame you about the baby showers! (and not making a baby blanket)

Marlene- So happy that Daisy is doing so well. Have a safe trip back home! Bet Maya is very anxious to see you!

Val- Hope you are feeling ok

Cindy- I chuckled when you said how DH has mentioned at least 6 times how he is not feeling well. you are right- typical man! And congrats on the weight loss so far! That's awesome!

Sherry- Did you have pt again today? Hope that your knee gets better and you get your full range of motion back!

Off to figure out something to eat- it was a looooonnnnngggg day! But I did stop and see my GS last night- and glad I did- DD was very happy to see me and so was my #1 GS! It's what I called my R&R time and it's just what I needed. Going to see them again tomorrow too!

Have a good night!

Archived