Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, I bet the people you work with were glad to have you back this week with all the extra things to do for Easter week. Congratulations on the contract on the new house. I'll be praying for you that all goes well. I hope DGS is feeling better so he could enjoy the day.

We had 117 people for Easter potluck. We had so much food. It was a nice time. We had 3 games, an Easter egg hunt, guess how many robin eggs were in a jar (someone guessed that right on the number), and shuffleboard with candy.

I talked to Maya and DD today for a bit. I called DS he and his gf are in North Carolina for a week. I still have to call my Mom.

I hope everyone had a nice day.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope that everyone had a great day yesterday. It was so nice to be with a family yesterday and my trifle was a huge hit. It made a wonderful light and tasty ending to the meal. I left some there and brought some home. The local kids are on spring break this week so there is a lot more activity outside than Sweet Pea is used to and she is on a barking spreee this morning. Plus there is a guy up on the roof checking for any needed repairs. She's my little watch doggie for sure.

The weather is a lot warmer than it's been in a long time which makes it very nice outside. I still need a light weight cover up, but most people probably don't. Hope you have a wonderful day and week.

Hi House!  DH is taking a couple of days off and that throws me off schedule. :yes

Marlene ~ Great turnout for the Easter potluck!  Thank you for the recipe. :manyheart   It sounds like a great warm weather salad.

Linda ~ Your Easter sounds so nice!  No surprise that your trifle was a success. :) 

I think it's crochet time! 

Hello everyone. It was a fairly quiet day at work today. Now I'm off til Friday. It was 55 degrees here on Saturday, 50 and rainy yesterday and today it snowed!

Marlene, thanks for the pasta salad recipe, it sounds good. I saved it for the next time I have to bring a salad to a church potluck. What a great turn out you had for your Easter potluck! And thanks for telling me that my pattern was a pattern of the day. I'm quite flattered!

Also thanks for the heads up about Tammy's daughter, hope she is okay.

Mary, I had to laugh at dh throwing you off schedule. My dh works from home, and I'm always off schedule!

Linda, glad you had a good day yesterday and that your trifle was a hit. I've never had a trifle I didn't like, so I'm not surprised.

Sherry, how exciting about the house. My sisters in law say that moving is the best time to seclutter. We've never lived on any house but this one, so I put that into practice.

Joanne, hope you had a great time with your dd, and that work was good to you today.

Hi Marisa.

Val, notice that you haven't posted today, hope all is well.

Judy, if you are reading this, I hope that life is settling down for you.

Hi everyone!

Had a great Easter and so enjoyed spending time with my DD's, SIL, Dd's BF and my GS(s)! The time went by much too quickly. This morning, it was early rise and I took DD to the train- so I was at work at 6:40 this morning!!! She was home in Boston in time to watch opening day baseball between the RedSox and Yankees. I'm happy for her that the Red Sox won since she was actually home to watch the game. I don't expect much from the Yankees this year- too many injuries, too many old players and not enough hitters in the line up right now.

Marlene- the cucumber pasta salad recipe is great. When I finish writing this post, I'm going to save it. It would make a great salad in the summer for bar-b-queues!  Glad you had a good turnout for the potluck!

Mary- Hope DH wasn't underfoot too much!

Cindy- Enjoy your days off!! I have 4 more to go! LOL

Linda- We had trifle yesterday as one of the desserts- it was a strawberry trifle and yummy- I'm sure your was delicious as well. Like Cindy said, I've never had a trifle I didn't like! 

Off to go copy that recipe and dinner is ready!

Wishing you all a good Tuesday in case I don't get back on in the morning~

Hi All!  We had a great day yesterday.  Oldest GS was feeling much better!!  Youngest DD made lasgna (with me telling her how to do it), and it was soooo good. 

We have been talking for a couple of months about looking to buy a house, it's just fell into place.  Wednesday we go and see the financial guy after my dr appt.  I'm hoping that things will be smooth and no problems.  Thanks for all the prayers for things to go well with this purchase. 

Joanne - sounds like a busy but good day for you and your family.

Marlene - the cucumber salad looks yummy.  It might be something youngest DD would like and it looks to be low in salt.  Will have to save it!

Well, it's time to go and relax.  Hope all of you had a great Monday!  Hugs to all!

Good Morning, House. :morcoffee   The sirens went off about 4 because of more severe thunderstorms - thankfully they've moved south of us for now.  But of course I'm wide awake now. :rolleyes

Cindy ~ Enjoy your days off!  It sounds like your winter is still hanging on...I hope you are about through with the snow!

Sherry ~ I'm glad your GS is much better. :)   Good luck with your house appt. and with your doctor appt. tomorrow! :manyheart

Valerie ~ 'Hope all is well.  Are you finishing up the baby projects?

Have a great morning, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning everyone. For some reason I've been awake since 5. I slept well, just not very long.

I have the usual household chores to do today, and I hope to finish the BICO. I may go grocery shopping too. I'm out of produce, except for a couple of tired looking oranges and some carrots. It's easier to stick to weight watchers if I have a lot of fresh food around.

Sherry, hope the house purchase goes smoothly.

Good morning housemates :hi

Well, the Pirates lost yesterday :(  Tomorrow's a new day.  Saturday I ran errands with Steph and then we met some friends out.  Sunday was a great Easter!

Mary - Your ghan is beautiful :manyheart

Joanne - Gorgeous baby ghans :manyheart  Glad to hear you finally got to see DD!

Linda - I bet your trifle was super yummy!  WTG on your quilt and cross stitch :clap

Marlene - I hope Maya's lip is healing :hug  Thanks for letting us know about Tam and now that you mention, I did see that post.

Cindy - Glad you have an easy work week after last week.  I haven't been doing much hooking aside from KtB, but am making a little carpet for in front of my utility tub at the office.

Mary - I hope all the storms have passed :xfin  Glad to hear the kids had a great time at the egg hunt.

Val - I hope you're having a great day!

Sherry - Glad to hear you're easing back into life and awesome news about the house!  Lasagna sounds delish!

Hi all. I ordered a replacement shaft for my Turkish drop spindle last week. Sweet Pea chewed off the top two inches of the first one and mangled another two inches. It arrived yesterday and I've already put it to use. There is something Zen about the spinning. I'm working with the wool roving (fiber that's ready to spin) that I bought when I was visiting my DD at Christmas. It's coming out so pretty.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hope you get to have more normal hours this week, Joanne.

Glad the storms missed you, Mary.

Hi all

Linda- that sound so neat spinning your own roving! I'll bet it is lovely. There is a LYS store that opened about a year ago taht I've gone to a few times when I head to the Trader Joe's that is north of me and they have some wonderful spinning wheels and many of the patrons of the shop do their own spinning. Maybe someday when I have more time, I'll look into it.

Mary- did you by any chance get to nap today? That stinks that the sirens went off at that time!! WE don't have siren's that go of during thunderstorms.

Cindy- I know what you mean about it being easier to follow WW when there are fresh fruits and veggies in the house. They are offering it again at work starting April 11 and I'm signing up again- I'd like to take off about 5 lbs that I put on over the winter!

Marisa- Sounds like a very nice Easter--sorry about your Pirates---but my Yankees lost too!!! How is your Mom doing?

Sherry- Prayers that all goes well at your follow up appointment tomorrow! And of course that all goes well with buying the house!

Thinking of everyone= Val, Marlene, Tam, Judy, Julie, and everyone!!! Hugs!

Mary - glad the storms passed you by.  We have had just regular old thunderstorms today and a lot of rain--more tomorrow they say.  The only down thing it is cold (like 39 degrees cold) but the weekend should be warmer!

Joanne - hope you've had a good day today.

Linda - spinning sounds interesting but it's probably something I could never do with my allergies.  Glad you got your replacement part!

Marisa - glad you had a great Easter!

I'm hoping tomorrow is a less stressful day.  Don't want to redo today.  Nope, not at all. 

I'll let you all know what the dr says tomorrow, I'm hoping for no more walker and use a cane and be able to drive.  I know my DD and DH are getting tired of driving me everywhere. 

Have a great evening all!  Hugs to all of you.

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, I hope your doctor appt goes the way you want it to. Glad your GS is feeling better.

Mary, If you think these two days DH is taking off is disrupting your day. Wait until he retires and is there everyday. It was quite an adjustment for us.

Linda, Glad you were able to replace the part for your spindle. Glad you had a nice Easter and no surprise that your trifle was a success.

Cindy, Enjoy the rest of your week off.

Marisa, Glad you had an great Easter.

Joanne, Glad you were able to spend with your family. Hope your week isn't as long as last week was.

I'm glad you all liked the recipe. It's one of are favorites. I tried doing are taxes today and realized I didn't remember the signing information. I left it at home. And it is a real pain trying to get it. I'm going to a different site. Two of are neighbors left for home today. Are friends across the street are leaving soon. DH asked me if I wanted to go home now to. I said no. I told him if I was going home know I would of wanted to be home so Maya could come and spend spring break with us.

Two of the ladies got with me on the scarves. One just wanted to make sure she was doing it right and the other one wanted to learn the crochet way. She knit one and she said crocheting is harder and she is going to knit it.

I'll catch everyone tomorrow. Have a great wednesday!

Hi to Val, Judy and the rest of the ladies who are missing.

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart

Linda ~ I watched a youtube video about the Turkish drop spindle and found it so interesting!  My grandma used to spin on her really old spinning wheel and I loved watching her. :)

Marisa ~ Thanks for the compliment on the baby 'ghan...I've decided to call it "Happy Hearts." :c9

Sherry ~ Here's hoping your day at work is better than yesterday. :hug   And keeping fingers crossed the doctor gives you good news!

Marlene ~ I finally finished our taxes a couple of weeks ago...but am in no hurry to write that check. :lol   Yes, retirement will be interesting. :yes

Hi to everyone at Our House - Gracie and Zoe are waiting on breakfast. :)

Good morning everyone. It's a spring looking day here, but it is really cold.

I did not accomplish anything on my list yesterday, except for grocery shopping. I'm not sure how I managed to fritter away the whole day, but somehow I did. Today, my plans are laundry, and working on the BICO. I'm to the sewing together stage, and I may have mentioned once or twice how I feel about that. However, if I don't get moving, Luke will have outgrown it. He's really growing.

We went out to dinner with dd and family last night and then they came over here for a while.

Marlene, I am finding it harder to crochet the ruffled scarves than to knit them too.

Sherry, hope you get good news at the doctors today, and also that your work day goes better.

Well, I'd better get moving.

Hi, all. It's cool but not too bad. I finished the ribbing for a helmet liner that didn't have any and then attached to the hat. Worked on two different prayer shawls and sewed, stuffed, and closed some small dolls for another project for the prayer shawl group. And did a little reading as well. All in all yesterday was a productive day.

Happy hump day.

I'll get some pictures up soon.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Not much going on for now.  I had a couple patients this morning and then I just ran all my tax info over to the place Ingrid is working at.  I'm a little nervous :eek  Tonight Steph and Bean are going to the Pirates game, so I'm hoping to have a relaxing evening at home watching the finale from Worst Cooks in America that's waiting for me and maybe Hell's Kitchen :think

Joanne - My mom is still up in the air.  She has to go for more blood work to be used to approve a specific medication and she has to go an hour away to a specific place or the insurance will deny it :(  If this doesn't work for her then she's being referred to someone in NY somewhere :sigh  But, she's hanging in there.

Sherry - Hoping your appt went well today :xfin

Marlene - Sounds like everything is starting to wind down at the park there :)  I haven't tried any of the ruffle scarves yet.

Mary - I like the name 'happy hearts' for your ghan :D

Cindy - Did you finish your laundry?  What about the BICO and sewing? 

Linda - WTG on your prayer shawls :clap

Good afternoon housemates!

I haven't been sleeping nor feeling well these last few days.  I know I have a lot of fluid.  I'm stumbling and almost falling when I get up.  We've had some beautiful Spring days.  Yesterday, it turn chilly and today I'm freezing.  We're expecting rain tonight and into tomorrow.  We're suppose to have a beautiful weekend in the 70s.

I've finished a couple of my baby things.  I didn't feel up to completing them all.  I'm going to try to work on them some now.  Hopefully, pictures soon.

Cindy, the flowers outside your kitchen window are beautiful.  I hope you're enjoy your off days.

Mary, no, we didn't do anything special for Easter.  Luke sounds so adorable.

Linda, you got quite the bargain at GW store.

Marlene, it rained here Easter.  We're suppose to have a beautiful sunny Sunday this weekend.  I'm glad you had a great turnout for you potluck.  Thanks for letting us know about Tam's daughter...lifting the family up in prayer.  I hope Maya's lip is healing. 

Joanne, I'm glad you had all or your girls and your boys with you for the weekend.  I hope this week at Paradise is easier on you than last week.

Sherry, congrats on purchasing a new home.  I hope everything goes smoothly for you.  I hate packing and moving.  We moved in October and I still have a few boxes that need emptying.  I'm glad DGS is feeling better.  I hope your report from the doctor is good.

Marisa, thinking of and praying for your mom.   Enjoy your evening of relaxation.

Have a good evening all. :ghug

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Perfect name for your blanket.

Marisa, Prayers for your Mom. I hope the test will show the doctor what he needs so she don't have to go to New York.

Linda, You have been a busy lady getting all your projects done.

Cindy, The knit scarves that Suna did are really pretty. She did hers in 7 sts.

Val, Sorry your not sleeping and not feeling well. Do you take a water pill? If you've been on it for a long period of time maybe it's not working any more. Don't let it go to long and you end up really sick.

Hi to the rest of the house.

I went to crafts today and we had drifters in and out. Then I ran a couple of errands then did laundry. Hubby is getting his clothes packed. He is always packed many days early.  Going to go play cards.

Val, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. This has been going on for a while hasn't it? I seem to remember you mentioning it before. I agree with Marlene, maybe it's time to see the doctor.

Marlene, are you coming home soon? Sounds like hubby is homesick. I found a video for crocheting the ruffle scarves, so I'm going to try again.

Marisa, hope they can find something to help your mom. And no, I did not get to the BICO, and the only sewing I did was to sew up a seam on the shoulder of one of my scrub tops. I had time for the BICO, just no interest. Maybe tomorrow........

Good night everyone.

I wonder if we're having a lot of pollen in the air here, as I've had a bad time with my sinuses lately. This has been such a crazy spring I'm not really sure what's blooming. Normally we'de be pretty much done by now.

I didn't have a lot of spunk today and even took a nap for a bit this afternoon. I did do some more spinning and crocheting. And I ironed and cut more pieces for John's quilt, but didn't have the gumption to do more than that.

Val, don't wait too long to see the doctor. You've been fighting something or another for quite a while now.

I've been trying to do one of the knitted ruffle scarves and just really don't like the results. I've frogged it several times already. I watched someone here that was doing a crocheted one, so tried it that way and I think I really like the results. So I'll frog the first one, AGAIN, and do it with a crochet hook.

Good morning!

Val - I was thinking the same thing as Marlene, Linda and Cindy- seems like it may be time to see the doctor. Retaining too much fluid is not a good thing--take care of you!

Cindy- I totally get where you are coming from- I have some wips that cry out for me to finish them, but then I just don't have the gumption--I started a sunny spread a while ago- I think I have about 16 squares done. I should really just do about 4 more, put it together, and I'll have a spare baby or lap sized blanket to give as a gift when needed. I'm making in it different shades of the Vanna's greens and would be very gender neutral! Maybe tonight after work, I'll get another square done!

Linda- I read that the pollen is going to be bad- and allergies a bear this spring.  Was wondering if you ever heard about the potential part time job?

Marlene- When will you be heading home? Sounds like DH is ready!

Sherry- Hope you are off the walker and progressed to a cane and that your work week is going ok. How'd it go at the Dr?

Marisa- This baseball season is not off to a good start. Not that I expect the Yankees to do much this year- too injured--and too old! LOL Of course my oldest is loving it since her Red Sox have now beaten my Yankees in the first two games of the season! Prayers for your mom!

Judy- in case you're reading- I'm thinking of you and sending hugs!

Off to go get ready- my 'atomic clock' which was bought many years before they decided to change daylight savings time, decided that this morning was when the clocks jumped ahead  so the clock said 5:23 and the alarm went off when it was really only 4:23!! It's going to be a long day!

Good morning. It's a bright sunny day here. Evidently dh thinks to going to get warm today, I notice that he has brought the patio furniture out of storage and placed it on the deck and balcony.

Linda, I hope the allergy season isn't too bad for you. My grandson is having issues currently as well, and it's barely hit 50 degrees here yet. I wouldn't think there is much pollen around. No evidence of buds on the trees yet, or any plants starting, but he's sneezing, sniffling and coughing, and the doctor says its allergies.

Joanne, I was unaware that my clock (not atomic, though), set itself to the time changes, so when I first got it, I manually changed the time before I went to bed. At the time change, it set itself back another hour, so I ended up getting up an hour early too. You're right, it makes for a long day!

Good morning housemates!

Thanks Cindy, Marlene, Linda & Joanne for your concern.  I'm going to make a Dr's appointment.  My allergies are acting up as well.  I saw pollen when we had our first spring/bloom.  I haven't seen much lately but I know it's there.  We have a rainy day here in Georgia.  It's cool as well.  It's suppose to rain off and on until tomorrow and then the sunshine is suppose to be back.  We're suppose to have a beautiful weekend.

Joanne, sorry for your long day due to your atomic clock.  I hope it passes fast.  It makes for a miserable day when you're sleepy/tired. 

Cindy, what are you going to do on your last day off?

Linda, bundle up...it's windy and cold out today and early tomorrow.

Marlene, hubby sounds like he's ready to go home.  I sense that when he asked if you wanted to leave early.  Safe travels.

Judy :hug ...missing you!

Have a good day all :ghug .

Hi, everyone!  As Val said, it's really nasty outside.  It started raining yesterday in the evening and was getting cooler.  Today it's extremely windy, wet, and cold.  I looked up the pollen count and it's really not bad yet, but I have a feeling that when it finally gets warm for more than a day EVERYTHING will bloom at once and it will be awful.  Weeds are the main component at the moment.

As you can see I've got my icons working again.  There is a button on the top row on the far left which apparently turns them on and off.  I must have clicked it by accident and turned everything off.  I happened to click it this morning and now everything works again!  Yay!!!

Sorry about the clock foul up, Joanne.  Hope the rest of the day goes well.

I finished The Murder of King Tut: The Ultimate Cold Case - Reopened  by James Patterson and Martin Dugard last night/this morning.  I found it to be intriguing and very well done.

I've been having a horrible time getting to sleep at night and when I finally get to sleep I have trouble staying asleep.  Not sure just what is going on.  :think   Stress?  Worry about the kidneys that is submerged?  Thyroid level being off?  Don't know.  :think   Maybe the doctor can give me some answers when I see her later this month for the repeat lab work.

Marisa, keeping your mom in my prayers.  :hug   I'm not back to normal yet from my bout with C Diff, but am doing a lot better than your mom.  This stuff is nasty to be sure.

Val, I'm glad you're going to see the doctor.  Praying for you.  :hug 

Have a wonderful day!  :ghug 

Archived