Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good afternoon housemates :hi

I got a late start this morning and just because I was being lazy.  I had 2 messages on my machine when I got here from a guy with a foreign accent and I barely understood a word he said, but was able to get the correct # off the caller ID.  So I return the call and through understanding every 3rd word I think he's coming here this afternoon :think  I asked if he wanted to schedule an appointment and then he seemed confused and so at the end of the call, I'm quite confused myself and am not sure if I'll be getting a new patient or not this afternoon :shrug

We had the Knit the Bridge meeting last night, which went well and we had some newcomers there and others that weren't.  tonight I have the group coming here to work on panels, well tonight is the one where we're working on attaching the smaller pieces we're getting into panel size pieces.  It's one thing for people to make a square or 2 to help out if they are uncapable of completing the full panel, but when we're getting enough from one person for the whole panel, why can't they actually join them before handing them in :think

Anyways......

Sherry - Sounds like a wonderful birthday with wonderful gifts :hug  Glad you got payroll done and some work from home. 

Val - Glad your headache left up.  Sounds like a good haul at Sam's :yes

Marlene - The bridge meeting turnout was good and we discussed a lot of what's coming up.  How fun doing up your decorations for each holiday :)  Have fun at the relay for life and your appreciation dinner.

Joanne - Sorry you had to work late and didn't get to see the boys :hug  But, I also noticed it still being light out last night when I was leaving for the meeting :yes

Cindy - Thanks for letting us know about Judy :hug  Keep safe in the snow and hopefully you won't get called in and have to drive in it.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, all. I'm really achey today. And it is sooo extremely windy and chilly, with the wind making it seem very cold. I went to the bakery outlet store today to get some chocolate cakes to munch on, but ended up being good instead. Bought bread, bagels, soup mix and coconut cookies.

Sherry sounds like a very nice birthday.

I've been working on the counted cross-stitch, helmet liners, and prayer shawls.

Thinking of you all. :hugs

Hi House. :)

Sherry ~ Your birthday sounds like it was a good one!  Gift cards are so much fun - you get to shop for yourself and not feel guilty! :D

Valerie ~ I hope your headache and earache are much better today.  Your lasagna dinner sounds so yummy...I love garlic bread all by itself. :lol   We don't have a Sam's membership anymore for just the two of us, but I used to shop there a lot. :)   DD has a Costco card and sometimes we'll go together.

Marlene ~ You all have another busy week coming up!  Have a wonderful time at the Appreciation dinner tonight. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Oh, you are definitely still having winter! :flake  I hope you were able to stay home today.

Marisa ~ Did the "mystery" patient show up? 

Linda ~ I hope the achiness improves soon. :hug   Have fun with your projects!

Judy ~ Thinking of you and hoping all is well. :manyheart

Joanne ~ I hope you can leave work in time to see the little ones today! :c9

Hi to anyone I've missed!  I ran some errands and got my haircut this morning.  DH took yesterday and today off and he took Gracie to the groomers and went to meet some friends for lunch. 

Here are the latest scarves.  (Are you sick of scarf pictures yet? :lol )  The blue is Bernat Satin Denim using the Shelly pattern.  The other is RH Soft in off-white and I just used a double V-stitch. :)

post-10699-0-20244200-1363892557_thumb.jpgpost-10699-0-57170100-1363892571_thumb.jpg

Cindy - Thanks for letting us know about Judy.  I know the waiting and not knowing whether to get involved in a project can be nerve wrecking.  Did you get to stay home?

Linda - Take care...we're in for this type weather up through Monday so far.

Marisa - Did the guy with the accent come by.  You're always going to have a few in a group that doesn't play fair.  I hope you get some good help with the knit group.

Mary - the scarves are beautiful.  We never tire of scarves or anything crocheted.

Judy - lifting you up in prayer... :hug

BBL!

Mary, your scarves are beautiful!

Linda, hope tomorrow is a less painful day.

Marisa, did the mystery patient show up?

Joanne, hope you got to see your grandsons.

Val, I ended up staying home all day. I finished two books I had started a few weeks ago, and started a third.

Sherry, good for you for getting enough wok done so you won't feel overwhelmed when you go back.

Marlene, how long will you still be in Texas? At the rate our weather is going, spring may not arrive here until June!

Work for me tomorrow, and then we are going out for the evening with friends. I probably won't have time to check in tomorrow.

Valerie and Cindy ~ Thanks so much for the compliments! :manyheart

Cindy ~ Stay safe on the roads tomorrow. :yes

Yep!  I started another scarf this evening.  :lol   I'm still not able to concentrate very well  and scarves are always needed. :)

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Mary, The scarves are beautiful!

Cindy, Thanks for letting us know about Judy. I would like to stay until about the middle of April. A little longer than we have before. It depends on how hot it gets. I talked to my son tonight and he said more snow is coming next week.

Joanne, Hope you didn't have to work to late tonight. And that you were able to see the boys tonight.

Marisa, I hope your mystery patient showed up today. Maybe the people making all the squares just need to be showed how to sew them together.

Val, Everyone is on there own for there own meals.

Linda, Hope you feel better soon.

Are dinner was good. We had 50 people for dinner. I talked to DD this morning. Maya tried calling this morning before school, but the calls never came in. I called her this afternoon when we had a break. We talked for 20 minutes than she talked to Grandpa. Some times she's really chatty. She sang a song to me.

I'm going to start the rr tomorrow. Hope everyone has a nice friday!

Hope you all have a good night and a great tomorrow. TGIF!!! Went to prayer shawl tonight and got some much needed hugs. Doctor's office called late this afternoon. My thyroid results were off, so they want to repeat the blood work in about 3 weeks. And the creatine levels were up more than usual and they want me to go see the kidney doctor ASAP. SIGH!!!! I was numb at first and now it's hitting. I feel afraid and angry at the same time.

I always love your scarves, Mary. These are just as lovely as usual.

Enjoy the rest of your time in Texas, Marlene. It's running 15* - 20* below normal here and not going to improve anytime soon. Plus more rain, perhaps mixed with snow in the next week.

Thinking of you, Judy. Hugs!!!

TGIF!!!

Didn't get to visit my GS last evening- by the time I got of work, my DH had called to say he made dinner- so since he went to the trouble, I felt it only right to come home and enjoy and appreciate his effort! Spoke to DD and she had the baby to the doctor and he is gaining weight so she was very elated! You always wonder if they are getting enough sustenance when you are breastfeeding!

Love the scarves, Mary- and i never tire of looking at them!

Cindy- Wow- three books in one day!!!  Thanks for letting us know that Judy is ok and just taking a break! I was starting to wonder about her! Have fun tonight!

Marisa- I agree that if folks are making enough squares to make a strip, why can't they just put them together? Did your patient every show up?

I'm wondering myself if spring will arrive- forecast of some stormy mix and winds for Mon-Tues. I want warmer weather!  I have a feeling that once again we will go from winter right into summer!

Hope you all have a good day!

Good morning, off to work......

Marlene, I was hoping for spring next week, not more snow!

Joanne, Luke has gained too. It's always nice to hear these little ones are thriving.

Linda, oh I'm so sorry to hear about the health issues.

Gotta run!

Good morning Housemates!

:rain  :rain  :wcold  Wet & cold here for the next few days.  Where oh where has Spring gone?

Joanne - That was sweet of hubby to cook for you and you to give up a visit with the boys to show your appreciation.  I know you'll get a chance to see them this weekend.  Glad Robbie is gaining weight.  Has Ryan started paying him any attention?  I agree with you, we are going to go from winter to summer.  It'll probably be so hot we'll cry for cooler weather again.

Cindy - Good to hear that Luke is progressing along as well.  Have a good day at work.  I hope you don't get any more snow.  Be safe!

Marlene - Maya might not like you staying a little longer in Texas.  What yarn are you using for your rr?  Looking forward to pictures.

Mary - You'll get your concentration back.  I always enjoy whatever you make.  Your projects are alway so nice.  Will you see your boys this weekend?

Linda - lifting you up in prayer!  Don't go into the fear mode.  I believe you'll get a good report when you have your bloodwork redone.  Be careful this weekend...it's suppose to be wet and cold.

Judy, Sherry, Marisa :ghug .

Have a fabulous Friday mates!

BBL!

Good afternoon housemates :hi

I'm going to try to be quick.  I have a bit of paperwork to do here.  I had 3 patients this morning and I have 2 this afternoon, one of which is a new one.  Then I'm heading out to dinner with a friend.  Well, many of you inquired, and yes....the mystery patient showed up!  So, I still had some trouble understanding him but determined that he was in a car accident, has an attorney, and was treating somewhere else for a while.  So, after quite a while I was able to get everything I needed from him.

Linda - Keep warm and way to keep control at the bakery :yay  Prayers for you and your repeat blood work in a few weeks and the with the kidney doctor :hug  Did you schedule your appointment yet?

Mary - Gorgeous scarves :manyheart

Val - Keep yourself warm!  Hopefully you won't have to do too much traveling in the rain.

Cindy - Have fun going out after work today....sounds like my day :lol

Marlene - Maya is just too cute :manyheart  Hope you get to start your RR today.

Joanne - So, what did dh make yesterday?  So sweet :manyheart  Glad to hear that Robbie is gaining weight and growing!

Hi House. :)   Thanks to all of you for the kind comments on the scarves. :manyheart   I want to start something besides scarves...just need to decide what to make!

Linda ~ Hugs coming your way. :hug   I'm so glad you went to your prayer shawl group last night. :yes 

Marlene ~ 50 people is a great turnout for the dinner!  :)   I hope your DD, Maya and the rest of your family are doing well.  Are your neck and back feeling better?  

Joanne ~ Oh, such good news about little Robbie!  :c9   Luke lost a little for a day or two and DD had to take him to the pediatrition each morning for a few days so he could be weighed on the same scales.

Valerie ~ It sounds like Spring is not quite ready to appear! ;)   We've had snow and/or ice in April before...I won't plant anything until mid-April.  What are you working on now?

Marisa ~ Yay for 5 patients today! :clap   Your practice is really growing. :cheer

Sherry ~ Will you go back to work on Monday?  I hope you're feeling okay and finding some time to crochet!

I hit the post button because the phone rang and I didn't want to lose my post. :)

Cindy ~ I hope your work day goes well.  Have a great time tonight!

Have a good afternoon, everyone. :ghug

Marisa - I'll have 2 drop offs and 2 pickups.  DGN is out of school but the DNei & DNep both have to work.  They work less than a mile from each other and less than 5 miles from home.  However, she goes to work at 5a and he doesn't go until 8 or 9a.

Mary - I'm still working on squares in between my baby stuff.  I started a baby sweater.  Mary my computer has gone down in the middle of a post and when I came back the next day it was there.  I can't figure out how I got it back up. 

Hope everyone is doing well so far on this Friday.

Hi All!!  Got some work done this morning and will do some more this weekend as I have to share my computer with those that are in the office.  At least on the weekend I can get done what I need without having to share.  I will go back on Monday after seeing my family dr (not sure why I have to go and see him but that's what the surgeon wants).  I plan to take it easy and take rest breaks and/or exercise breaks.

Mary - love your work!  Never get tired of seeing others work.

Marisa - glad the mystery patient showed up and you could figure it out.  Sounds like you have been busy.

Valerie - Spring????  I think we had that earlier this month LOL. 

Linda - Sorry to hear about your tests.  Will be remembering you in prayers.

Joanne - glad you had a good dinner prepared for you.  Hope your Friday went well.

Tonight I get to go to a church dinner and Easter Egg hunt at the church where I work.  They are doing it different this year--normally the egg hunt is done during the day but someone decided to do a dinner for the parents and then have the egg hunt.  Not sure we'll have much participation.  I know that we will be there with both GS and both DD and the director and her kids will be there.  I sure hope others show up because it will be very disappointing for the workers that have prepared everything.

We'll have the boys tonight and tomorrow (and probably Sunday) to give DD a break and some study time. 

Hope all of you have a great evening!!!  Hugs to all.

Home!!! YAY, it's the weekend!

Tomorrow I'm going for my hair cut bright and early @7:30!! DD already texted me and asked me what time it was and if I can stop and bring them bagels before my appointment. They love the bagel place by my house- so of course I said yes, and told her that I'll be coming by again after my appointment to get in some grandson time!!  My middle DD will be coming over in the afternoon and we'll be celebrating her birthday----finally!!!  Don't know when I'm getting my weekly cleaning done, but not going to worry about it- I guess I'll be up bright and early Sunday morning! Much more important to spend time with family!

Marisa- Happy about all the patients!! And DH made sausage and peppers last night- YUM!!! Tonight it's fish sticks! LOL

Linda- Prayers for positive results on your repeat blood work and that all goes ok with the kidney doc. Hope you made your appointment!!!

Mary- Did you decide what you want to make next? How about a nice shawl for spring? I have one more week till the baby shower- so tonight I'll do a few more rounds on the RR. Our AVP is retiring and I'd like to make her something- hope I have enough time- her last day is the 19th of April

Sherry- Hope that the easter egg hunt turned out better than you are anticipating. I agree, and think that an easter egg hunt should be held in the daytime! Enjoy your grandsons this weekend- and remember to take care of you---you are still recuperating!

Have a good night everyone!

Hi, all. I didn't sleep well last night and when I finally did sleep soundly it was very late. I'll be spending tomorrow at the Methodist church's One Great Day of Sharing with the prayer shawl group. We've got 15 helmet liners done and several more in the works.

Good to hear from you and that you are doing well, Sherry.

Have a good time with family tomorrow, Joanne.

Love you all.

Checking in to say goodnight!

Sherry, we had Spring earlier in the month as well.  It appears the seasons are in a tug of war.  Glad to know you're doing well.  Enjoy your dinner and egg hunt.  Don't work too much this weekend since you'll be going back to work on Monday.  You have to see your doctor for liability reasons.  Remember to take care of you.

Joanne - Enjoy your grandson time on tomorrow.  Sorry you had to go so long without getting to see them.

Linda, I hope you sleep well tonight.  Have fun tomorrow at the Methodist church.  How many more helmet covers do you have to make?

Have a good night housemates :ghug .  See ya tomorrow!

Good morning everyone. Work was quiet yesterday, and we had a great time going out with friends last night. I had hoped to stop by the grocery store after that, but it was too late, so that is on today's to-do list.

Joanne, finally you are going to get some grandson time! Enjoy it, and also celebrating your middle DD's birthday.

Linda, hope you have a great day with the prayer shawl group.

Val, what are you up to today?

Sherry, Mary, Marisa, Judy, have a great day.

Happy Saturday, House. :hi   We just got back from Luke's birthday party. :)   His actual birthday is next Saturday, but his other grandparents have to be out of town then.  It was just family and a couple of others and lots of fun!  I don't think he'll ever know that it really isn't today. :lol

Valerie ~ WTG on starting a baby sweater!  Is the Japanese pattern in diagram form or were you able to translate on the computer?   On my hook...another scarf of course. :wink:D

Sherry ~ I hope the dinner and Easter egg hunt were well attended. :yes   I hope you have a good weekend with the grandsons!

Joanne ~ Enjoy your time with family!

Linda ~ I hope your day with your prayer shawl group has been a good one!  My sleep schedule has been terrible lately, too...I'm going to try a Tylenol p.m. tonight.  :idea

Cindy ~ Hi!  Glad you had a great time last night!

Time to accomplish something around here...or maybe I'll crochet. :hook

Hi, gang! I slept well last night and really wasn't ready to get up this morning when the alarm went off. Kept hitting the snooze button for an hour. I spent about an with prayer shawl ladies at the church today. Finished up a prayer shawl and worked on the ribbing for a helmet liner that didn't have any and helped another gal who was having trouble with the decrease rounds. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home and picked up milk, ice cream, yogurt, and bananas. I've been crocheting and watching TV since then. Feeling much better and back on an even keel after being thrown for a loop on Thursday.

Hope you are all having a great weekend. We had LOTS of rain last night and apparently some spectacular thunder this morning early, which I slept through. :)

Mary, the Japanese pattern is a diagram.  I don't know how to translate.  I quit taking Tylenol PM a while back.  They leave me with a hangover.  I take Melantonin.  You wake up fresh...no hangover.  It's in the vitamin section of the drug store.

Well, I've been ripping and running all day.  I guess I do some hooking now!

Archived