Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning Housemates!

Joanne - Hooking outside sounds wonderful.  I hope you get to meet up with your DD today.  Happy Happy Birthday to your DD!  Will there be any craft club tonight?

Marlene - My niece is counting down to leave for Bama.  Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

It's cloudy and windy here.  We're suppose to get some rain from Bama later in the day.  It should end sometimes tonight.  It will continue to be windy and cool for a couple of days.

Judy, Mary, Cindy, Sherry, Linda, Julie, Tam, Marisa & Phyllis...have a marvelous Monday!

BBL!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Monday, everyone. :)

Joanne ~ Happy Birthday to your DD!  I hope your Monday is a good one.

Valerie ~ Your baby sets sound so cute!  It's Spring break for most schools around us - we're supposed to be in the 70's all week, so that should make all the kids happy. :yes

Hi Marlene ~ We want pictures! ;):D

Here are the latest scarves using RH Soft - Off White and Spearmint. :)

post-10699-0-21183400-1363019560_thumb.jpg

Good morning.  I worked more on the counted cross-stitch piece yesterday.  My computer got hung up last night so didn't get in my last check-in.  It's fine this morning, so don't know what it's problem was last night, but it's old and rather cranky at times, so I'll blame it on that.

I truly could not believe all the problems the contestants on 'Worst Cooks in America' had last night baking (or should I say attempting to bake) a cake from scratch and decorate it.  From dropping batter all over the floor, to forgetting to time it, to trying to patch together a cake that stuck to the pan with a huge glob of caramel sauce, to just about every other mistake it's possible to make with a cake.  It really was a sin what they did to those poor cakes.  But then I remember what my ex and my son did to my grandmother's no-fail chocolate cake recipe when they tried to make it for the father-son bake-off at cub scouts.    :no    That was a complete disaster!  :yes   No one wanted it!  :no   They did NOT follow the recipe!!!  :no   :no   :no   (My ex's comment was, "No, I didn't see that part of the recipe."  :P  They left out most of the flour!   :eek  )  By the time I saw it there was no time to make another one.  :reyes   No one bid on it!  :no   We brought it back home.  The poor thing was lopsided and sooo sad.  :cry  

I know I've been AWOL for a long time, but here is a part of my spring hat collection for charity.

Phyllis, those are adorable!!!

Hi all,

We went out to breakfast with DD and Ryan- and then they came here for a little while so that SIL would have quiet - he got stuck working a double shift and has to be back again today @2. Planning to head over around 3 and go for a walk with DD.

DH and I went furniture shopping and ordered a new leather sofa and 2 rocker recliners for the living room.  Finally going to get rid of the uncomfortable furniture in the living room!!!  When we both sat on the sofa we knew it was the one. It just felt 'right'!  And the rocker -recliners- oh so comfortable!!! The sofa allso reclines on both ends. Can you tell that we like to 'put our feet up"? :lol

Poor SIL!  Congratulations on the new furniture.  Comfortable is sooo important.

Mary, I stopped just making a pile of squares and instead are making them as I need them to complete a row. The exception: the first day I made over 50 solid blues. Right now I'm nearly finished attaching the squares for the  second row.

That's what I do too.  I work mostly in blocks, but it's the same thing.  Do what I need for the next block, assemble it and then move on to the next one.

Hi All!  Just a quick hello.  I'm able to get at the computer desk now and I'm able to sign in remote to my office computer.  Not sure what they did the first day of my being out of the office but they messed up my computer :(   At least my IT guy has it fixed to get in and do some of my work.  I'm only doing the most important things--like payroll and paying bills.  One more week on the machine that makes my leg moved up and down--be glad when that is over.  I'm getting around really well, doing all my exercises and the machine.

DH and I decided no more pain meds.  After my horrible experience with loratab, we opted not to get any more pain meds.  I'm able to sleep more (at least most of the night without nightmares and panic attacks) and the tylenol seems to be doing ok for my pain.  Not sure my dr will approve but I just can't handle the side effects.  I get the staples out on Thursday!!! 

Oh, it's so nice to hear from you, Sherry.  Glad you are making good progress with the rehab.  Sorry they messed up you computer at work, and glad that your IT guy was able to fix it.  If pain pills are giving you that many problems it's probably best to just skip them.  Glad the Tylenol is working for you.

I'm with everybody else on this DST.  But like Judy, I do like the evening light.  I hate that it's dark when the kids go to school in the mornings. 

I worked on the facing and small details of the diaper cover/hat sets today.  I still have to purchase some more buttons for the eyes and fastening and I'm done.  I want to try a Mickey & Minnie set.

Have a good might all! :ghug 

A Mickey and Minnie set sound like such fun!

Good morning!

I guess I should clarify my statement on the Daylight Savings time-- I love that it is light later on in the day! But I just wish we didn't have to lose an hour of sleep to accomplish that!

Went for a wonderful long walk yesterday afternoon and since GS fell asleep in the stroller, we sat outside and let him sleep and she read her Nook and I crocheted for a bit. Definitely felt good to spend time outside with hook in hand!

Today is my middle DD's birthday, but we'll celebrate on Saturday when she and her BF come over. I may see what she is doing later on and maybe meet her somewhere and take her out to eat tonight.

Phyllis- love the hats --The colors are so perfect for spring!!!!

Happy Birthday, to middle DD!  Your time with DD and GS yesterday sounds wonderful. 

Spring is coming.  I actually saw a Robin last week.  Of course, it was all fluffed up to 2 or 3 times it's normal size due to the cold weather, but it was here.  Looked like it wished it could change it's mind.  Haven't seen it since.  It's warmer today, but feels like rain in coming.

Beautiful scarves, Mary.

Linda, we are getting rain this afternoon.  It's already crossed the Georgia line.

Mary, those scarves are beautiful.  What's your next hooking project?

I keep having internet problems.  I'm surprised my first post made it through.

I'm getting sleepy...thinking about a nap.

Thank you Linda and Valerie! :manyheart   I love both of these patterns, but I think I need to have a little more variety. ;)

Valerie ~ I'm working on another scarf. :lol   I need to wash at least 3 baby 'ghans that will go to DD's friends in the next month or so. :yes

Well, another test done on hubby today - wait another week to see doctor for results.

This was all so unexpected, and is the "man" issue lots of guys over 60+ get....at least he has several friends who have, or are going through it, who can share advice, etc.

Hi everyone. Finally feeling a bit more like myself. I went to work today, and felt okay, except for being exhausted by noon. Luckily, it was a pretty quiet day.

Mary, love those scarves, the colors are great.

Phyllis, your hats are beautiful, I have that sort of spirally pattern one printed to try out someday.

Judy, poor Phill. That's a stress producing issue, for sure. Hope test results come back soon, and turn out well.

Val, baby sets sound cute, pictures soon?

Marlene, sorry that you couldn't Skype with Maya. I bet she had fun skating though. Congrats on the new great niece. It was in the high 40s here today, so Maya will wonder why it's too cold for you in Michigan. It's gloomy and rainy though.

Joanne, happy birthday to your middle Dd. hope the two of you get to have dinner together. Hope that new grandson puts in an appearance soon!

Linda, johns quilt is going to be a real work of art. I also liked the quilt ghan. It was a great gift for your sweet Pea sitters.

Sherry, hope you are not over-doing the work. You need to focus your energy on healing and rehab.

Tam, if you are reading....just want you to know I'm praying for you and your family.

Hi all,

Long day at work- didn't get home till about 6:30- I had called DD and her BF made her dinner and then they were heading out to an independent movie theater. I'll see her Saturday and DH and I are taking her out to dinner then.

She said she was hoping GS would have been born on her birthday- she thought it would be cool to share her birthday with her godson- but seems that Robbie has other plans!!! My DD is working today= so maybe the walks over the weekend and working 12 hrs today will nudge him on a bit!!

Judy- The hardest part seems to be the waiting for test results! Is there no way to get results before next Monday's appointment?I'm keeping Phil in my prayers

Marlene- Sorry you didn't get to Skype- I know how you look forward to speaking with Maya. Enjoy your nice warm weather.

Cindy- Glad you had an easy day since you still don't feel 100%!

Mary- Love the scarves- those are two of my favorite patterns- that and Queen's Ann lace and I never tire of making them!!

Val- Did you get in a nap today?

Linda- Bet the quilt is going to be stunning when you've finished. and I can't wait to see the cross stitch. I'm going to try to remember to take a pic of the cross stitch my co-worker gave me and I'll post a pic.

I'm going to try and go to sleep early tonight- I was kind of dragging --the lost hour of sleep is catching up with me

Thanks, Cindy.

And Joanne, this doc wants to deliver the results in person...and Monday AM was the first open appt! Of course we can always hope he calls sooner, but the way things go, that's not likely to happen.

Sorry Robbie didn't make an appearance on DD's birthday! When my friend went into labor with #3 she told the nurse she was hoping she would wait till the 15th because she wanted me to be godmother...and Alyson was born at 1 AM on Dec 15th just over 19 years ago :lol My goddaughter wrote me such a wonderful message for my birthday - one thing she said really stuck: most of her friends have no idea who their godmother is! I had a wonderful teacher for how to be a godmother: my own GM, who was also my Aunt. She knew how to make me, one of 4 kids, feel special.

Thanks for all the prayers for DH....I am so appreciative...you have no idea. :hug

...and row 3 on the baby gingham is done...nothing like nervous energy :P

Joanne - yes I did get my nap in.  I'm sorry you couldn't meet up with DD.  It would have been sweet for Robbie to be born on her bd.  My nephew is born 1/7 & my sister 1/8. My sister 11/29 & her grandbaby that looks the spitting image of her was born on 11/25.  I hope you get well rested tonight.  I'm turning in early myself because I didn't sleep well last night.

Judy - Lifting you and Phil up in prayer! :hug   I believe the report is going to be good.

Cindy - So glad you're feeling better.  Please don't overdue it so you can get over your cold 100%.

Mary - You've really been a hooking.

It's raining cats and dogs here.  The good part is that it will be gone when we get up in the morning.  It will be windy and cool.  I'll take that over rain any day.

Well, I'm off for the night.  Have a good restful night housemates...see ya in the morning! :ghug 

As Val said, it's been raining since early afternoon and the ground is soaked.  Sweet Pea went out and came right back in.  Even she didn't want to be out in it.  I've gotten the top left corner of the cross-stitch pattern almost done and some in each of the other 3 parts.  Plus I'm finishing up the 3rd helmet liner now.  Just have 2 tails to hide at this point.  The fourth one is started.  The ribbing is done on it.  I think I'll work on it some tonight if my shoulder doesn't complain too much.

You and Phil are in my prayers, Judy.  The waiting is the worst part of it.

Glad you didn't get completely exhausted by working today, Cinda, but please be careful.  We don't want you relapsing just when you are starting to get better.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Take it easy and don't over do. Maya told me she would cuddle with me to keep me warm.

Mary, Beautiful scarves!

Linda and Val, My computer has been giving me fits in the evening mostly. I tried getting on here earlier and had troubles loading pages.

Judy, Prayers for you and Phil. It's the waiting time that is the hardest.

Joanne, Sorry it didn't work out taking DD out to dinner tonight. Robbie isn't ready yet. It would of been sweet to have him born on DD's birthday though.

I went to the jam session this afternoon and crocheted. I made 2 of 3 of the strips for another hotpad. I really like these. One of the ladies in the kitchen came to the jam with her daughter and I was showing them the hotpad I already made. Talking to them I found the daughter crochets. I told her about the ville, are house group, ravelry and the free daily pattern places. I have someone next winter that wants me to teach a beginners crocheting class. I have a couple of ladies now who want to learn. One was on vacation last week so we'll see if it happens before we all start going home.

I didn't get no pictures taken today. Not enough hours. I had company this morning. A friend brought me an african violet. I hope it will survive the trip home.Hope everyone has a nice tuesday!

Thanks for the prayers, my friends.

Judy - Lifting you and Phil up in prayer! :hug   I believe the report is going to be good.

from your mouth to God's ear, as they say..... :hug

Marlene, I love african violets....but somehow they don't like my house. Other plants do well, but not those.

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning housemates!

A quick check in.

I've done my taxi drop off and I have all day before pick up! :lol

I'm going to pickup the fixings for the faces of my hats and a few skeins of yarn  :yay  :yes

Buttons??? Where does one fine an assortment of buttons in a bag?  Walmart has a $5 bag with about 20 buttons and they're all the same color but in different sizes.

Have a terrific Tuesday Housemates!

BBL!

Val, I bought a bag containing 120 buttons at Hobby Lobby for around $5 or $6. Our Joanns also has bags of buttons. I've even bought them in the dollar store, although there aren't that many buttons in their bags. The only problem with bags of buttons is that they don't often have more than a couple that are the same.

Hi House!  Thank you so much for compliments on the scarves. :manyheart   They will be going here.

Judy ~ Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way. :hug  

I need to get dressed...I'm so excited to be getting my filling replaced this a.m. NOT! ;)  See you all later. :manyheart

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I had a great weekend with mom visiting and my aunt came with her.  We went out for breakfast this morning and then they hit the road. 

Linda - The quilts are gorgeous :manyheart  WTG on your cross stitch.  I didn't watch Worst Cooks yet from this week, but it sounds like a hoot, it's on my DVR waiting patiently for me :lol 

Judy - I'm glad you were able to spend some quality time with Mabel :manyheart  WTG on your saltines.  Prayers for DH!  My mom always has the labs send fax her results to me so she doesn't have to wait.  My uncle has those issues and has to get injection treatments for years now and other than feeling a bit crappy for a couple days after the injection, it's not so bad for him just have the regular check ups and monitoring.  I can't remember how often he gets them, it's only 1-2x/year I think :think

Mary - :birthday to Gracie!  I still don't have my taxes done :eek  WTG on your scarves and I hope your appointment for your filling goes well :xfin

Val - I've seen the bags of buttons at Joann's as well :yes  I also save all mine whenever I get rid of a shirt, I keep the buttons :lol  Your rain should be moving it's way up here and I think it'll be flurries tomorrow :think

Marlene - So sorry to hear about the accident and I agree, if the husband can't watch her as much as she needs then they need to be somewhere that he can have help :yes  How great to find more crocheters, I vote for starting this season so they can practice before next year and get their stitches and tension under control :yes  Then next year, maybe you all can work on a CAL as a group :think  Congrats on Sophie May :manyheart

Joanne - Oh boy, I guess Robbie didn't want to share his birthday with dd :lol  Great news on the new sofa, when will it be delivered?  :birthday to middle DD

Phyllis - Great job on the baby hats :manyheart

Sherry - Glad to hear you are on the mend and got the computer worked out :yes  I think you should be able to crochet while hooked on the machine :think  I agree about the pain meds too, I usually stick to Motrin....but then again, I've never had anything major either :shrug

Cindy - Glad to hear you are finally starting to feel like yourself again :clap  Hope you continue to improve :hug

Marisa ~ I'm so glad you had a good visit with your mom and aunt!  Is there a date for the "bridge" project yet?

Judy ~ Our doctor always calls with results as soon as they have them...it's so hard to wait - especially over a weekend. :hug

The filling is replaced - glad that's over!  I bought groceries after that and the "post - novacaine" headache is here.. :headache   I need to write more thank you notes from our family, but they can wait a day!  My hook and yarn are calling me. :)

I hope everyone is having a good day! :manyheart

Marisa ~ I'm so glad you had a good visit with your mom and aunt!  Is there a date for the "bridge" project yet?

Judy ~ Our doctor always calls with results as soon as they have them...it's so hard to wait - especially over a weekend. :hug

The filling is replaced - glad that's over!  I bought groceries after that and the "post - novacaine" headache is here.. :headache   I need to write more thank you notes from our family, but they can wait a day!  My hook and yarn are calling me. :)

I hope everyone is having a good day! :manyheart

It looks like the county is going to give us August, although we were trying for June.  But, we still don't have a more specific date, nor do we have confirmation on what bridge it will be for sure.  We know 1 of 3 and one of those is the one they shoot the fireworks from during baseball season so I think we can safely rule that one out :lol

Maybe the comfort of crocheting will help to ease your headache some :xfin:hug  Glad that the tooth is fixed though!

Mary, glad your tooth is fixed!

Almost done attaching row 4on the saltine blankie. :dance

Amd I saw on FB that Benedict Cumberbatch and his sidekick are signed through Season 4 of the BBC's Sherlock Holmes :applause  :applause :applause  :applause  :applause  :applause  :applause  :applause  :applause  

Hi all,

Marisa- glad you had a nice visit with your Mom and Aunt- how is your Mom feeling?

Judy- WTG on the saltine blanket!!!!! And I'm happy that you are happy about Sherlock Holmes!!!

Linda- Are you going to be watching Hell's Kitchen tonight? I think I'm going to check it out.

Mary- Glad to hear the tooth is fixed- and hopefully the crochet helped the headache.

I got a headache at work today-but thankfully, it was resolved fairly quickly after taking some Advil. Came home to a nice dinner that DH prepared- cauliflower, carrots and meatloaf! And now I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!!!

Still no baby! DD had her Dr appt today, but she is working so I won't find out till tomorrow what he had to say. Due date is 2 days away--and hopefully she doesn't go much past that, for her sake!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Glad your your tooth is fixed. I hope the crocheting helped the headache go away.

Marisa, It's nice you got to see your Mom and your Aunt.

Judy, Way to go on the afghan!

Joanne, Your dinner sounds yummy! We had chicken tacos. Hope your headache went away.

Hubby has a headache to. He isn't going for ice cream tonight. I did about 6 row sample of the rr for my friends daughter and dropped that off. She's heading home tomorrow. Tomorrow the cooking ladies are going out to lunch. The food committee treats us every year. Were going to Red Lobster. Not sure what I will have. I'm not much of a seafood person. I need to head out for ice cream early as I need to get gas in the car. Have a nice night.

Evening all,

Thanks guys for the info on the bag of buttons.  I haven't checked Joann's nor HL.  I didn't get to go shopping after all but hopefully I will tomorrow.  I want to get them finished so I can post pictures.

Marisa - I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your mom & aunt.

Judy - WTG on your ghan.

Mary - Glad you got that tooth taken care of.  I hope your hooking got rid of your headache.

Cindy - How are you feeling today?  Did you have to work today?  I hope you're 100% soon.

Marlene - Hope DH's headache is gone.  What flavor of ice cream did you choose?  Red Lobster has some great cheese biscuit.  I'm not familiar with their menu because it's been a long time since I've been there and it's never been one of my favorite places except for the biscuits.

We had a nice day today...slightly cool.

Have a good night housemates...see ya tomorrow!

Hi, again.  It was nice outside as long as you could stay out of the wind.  But when the wind swooped down on me it was cold.  Did a bunch of picking up and straightening today.  I've got my three month checkup with the doctor tomorrow morning.  Shouldn't be anything too bad.  We'll see.

I read the posts but didn't take notes. 

Marisa, it sounds like you had a good time with your mom and aunt.  Hope they can give you more specifics on the bridge project soon.

Judy, you are really making a lot of progress on the quiltghan.

Mary, glad the tooth is fixed.  Hope the headache is long gone by now.

Catch up with you all tomorrow.

Archived