Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Mary - I guess us hookers are having the same problem.  I went back to bed around 8 and didn't get up until 11.  I'm ready to do some hooking now.  We have a sunny breezy day here.

Marisa - :cheer  :clap  :yay  for new patients.  You'll be advertising for staff soon.  I have some ILY that I only paid 1.99 (when it first came out and also some for 2.49).  I've had to purchase some recently and the quality is not the same.  It also has knots throughout it.  I wanted to try the SS because of the shine.  I'd seen some baby booties/boots made from it and they look so good with the shine.  I might buy a skein or two and try it.

BBL!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I just realized that I never checked back in last night. Duh! I was tired and went to bed early and slept long and late. I put a brace on the knee yesterday which helped a lot and have it on again today. Ususally these flair ups calm down in a few days with using the brace and taking it easy.

My computer is being fussy today for some reason, so bear with, if it acts up while I'm typing this. I have a few errands to run today, but shouldn't take too long. Then it's taking it easy with the TV on and crafts going.

Sherry, I'm glad you found your crochet things. Good luck with the sweater. That's quite a jump in hook size!

Mary, it sounds like yesterday with DD and GSs was just what the doctor ordered. I'm so glad you had a good time with them.

I've seen the RHWL but haven't tried it. Walmart has it in a few colors. I usually use whatever I can pick up relatively inexpensively. Lots of yarn that I've picked up on sale. RHSS is my go-to yarn for the most part. The only colors that are harsh and hard to work with are the super dark ones and after they are washed they are nice and soft, so I put up with it. And their selection of colors is about the best out there.

Val, I hope you're right about the temps for the weekend. I'm soooo ready for warm weather. Glad your headache went away. That was a super long wait for that early in the morning. I feel sorry for the guy that walks 6 miles to work having to stand around for that long. It was chilly yesterday.

Poor Sparky! Lucy certainly gives him problems and now no cookies. Poor guy!

Cindy, hooray for having a week off! Rest and recuperate!

Marisa, hooray for all the new clients! Your practice is taking off. I'm so proud of you. 

Hi, ladies - just want to share some good news.

DH unexpectedly got in to see the doc today and all biopsy results were benign! He's not sure why the bloodwork wasn't as good as it should have been, so wants to check again in July, but for now we are definitely exhaling!

Val....your message of envisioning  good results inspired how I prayed during this....

TY ladies, for being here and supporting us with all your positive vibes and prayers. You're the best. :manyheart:hug

Linda, it was beautiful outside today. Sounds like you are getting rested up.  Good for you.

:yay washing machine is fixed...no laundromat :yay   We had to get a new water pump.

I made a trip to HL today.  I found some buttons for less than a dollar.  I bought a couple of books.  I bought 3 of those little $4.99 books from Walmart with scarves, one with baby booties and headbands.  I bought a skein of gray RHSS and poly-fil.  I'm going to try a few adult hats this weekend maybe. 

My sister is getting ready to fry fish.  My DNep has called for me to pick him up so I'm going to say good night.  See you guys tomorrow.

Have a blessed and restful night housemates! :ghug

That's wonderful news, Judy! Hooray!!!

Here's a picture of the counted cross-stitch picture I'm working on.

post-9295-0-93165200-1363395597_thumb.jpg

Got all my errands run.

Have a good night, all.

Oh Judy...God is good! I pray what I believe and I hold fast until there's proof I'm wrong. Even then, I don't accept defeat because I believe that God still has a plan and purpose that will work to our good.

You and Phil should definitely enjoy your weekend. So happy for you both!

Linda, your cross stitch is pretty!

I left the computer up so I saw the new message when I got back.

Good night all!

:clap  Robbie is here! :clap  I got home from work late last night around 7:30 and at 8 DD called to say she was in labor right on her due date!  So off I went to DD's house to watch Ryan and they headed to the hospital. He was born this morning at 4:38 AM and is a little peanut- 6 lbs 1 oz, 19 inches. He is so cute- looks alot like Ryan, but smaller. 

My DD's MIL and I took Ryan out to breakfast this morning and my son-in-laws brother met us there. He then took Ryan so that the two Grandmas could go and meet Robbie!  Came back and spent the day playing with Ryan. Even though it was kind of chilly outside, we did go out twice to play and once to walk.   Needless to say, I'm exhausted!

Will try and catch up on posts later on this weekend!!!

Joanne - Congrats on Robbie's arrival!!  Now let the spoiling begin :)

Judy - Great news about the test results!!!

Marisa - glad you're getting more patients!! 

Linda - love the cross stitch piece.  The last counted cross stitch piece I did was for my youngest DD and it's horses running with a horse in the clouds.  I love to do it but my old eyes don't like trying to keep up with the patterns :)

Mary - hope things are well for you.

Yes, a big jump in the hook size from an H to a K but to get the right gauge that's what I had to do.  Will still probably have to make it bigger just to fit.  Got a lot done today but sitll not done with the first square. 

I love ILTY from HL.  I rarely use Red Heart anymore as it's too hard on my fingers.  For those of you that don't live near a HL you can order online, and sometimes they have free shipping or reduced shipping.  I've even ordered online (even though the warehouse is here in Oklahoma City) when I needed to order a large number of skeins.  I quit using Caron Simply Soft because it splits and stretches so much. 

Well today was a good day, still in pain but it's tolerable.  Got the staples ou t yesterday, xrays taken, but didn't see the dr.  Hopefully the dr will call next week and let me know that all is well.  Can't go back to work until I hear from him--much to my coworkers sadness.  One keeps asking, "You're coming back today right?" 

Have a great evening and weekend!  Hugs to all.

Hi Ladies

Val, I use RH, I really like Vanna's yarn, I usually use one pounders for RR. Glad you got some sleep after waiting that long for the manager to show up.

Mary, I didn't drive to corpus but someone else did. It was busy. Spring breakers were there. The checkout lines were long at every store we went to. I haven't decided which pattern to go with yet, but I need to do that tomorrow. Sounds like a nice time with DD and the boys at the mall.

Judy, Glad you were able to spend sometime with GD before she headed back to college. Wonderful news on Phil.

Cindy, I seen snow was coming. Enjoy your time off.

Sherry, Glad you found your project. Hope the sweater works out for you.

Linda, Glad your getting the sleep you need and that your knee is getting better.

Marisa, :clap 4 new patients.

Joanne, Congratulations on Robbie! How sweet how all of you look to help each other so everyone can be a part of a special event. Ryan and Robbie are very lucky little boys. :manyheart

I got the pictures taken, but now I have to see if I brought the camera cord. We are suppose to get quite hot on monday if the news weather is right. The news channel and the weather channel are never the same on temps. On this one I hope the weather channel is right. I have just one more pt left. My hand is 100% but it is better than it was a month ago.

Sunday we are cooking a big meal for St. Patrick's Day. Corn beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, onions. I heard were up over 100 people. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Hi, ladies - just want to share some good news.

DH unexpectedly got in to see the doc today and all biopsy results were benign! He's not sure why the bloodwork wasn't as good as it should have been, so wants to check again in July, but for now we are definitely exhaling!

TY ladies, for being here and supporting us with all your positive vibes and prayers. You're the best. :manyheart:hug

Oh Judy, wonderful news :clap:yay:hug  I hope you celebrated those results!

:yay washing machine is fixed...no laundromat :yay   We had to get a new water pump.

I made a trip to HL today.  I found some buttons for less than a dollar.  I bought a couple of books.  I bought 3 of those little $4.99 books from Walmart with scarves, one with baby booties and headbands.  I bought a skein of gray RHSS and poly-fil.  I'm going to try a few adult hats this weekend maybe. 

My sister is getting ready to fry fish.  My DNep has called for me to pick him up so I'm going to say good night.  See you guys tomorrow.

Have a blessed and restful night housemates! :ghug

:yay having your laundry machine back :whew  Awesome find on the buttons :yes

That's wonderful news, Judy! Hooray!!!

Here's a picture of the counted cross-stitch picture I'm working on.

attachicon.gifDCP_2546ps.jpg

Got all my errands run.

Have a good night, all.

Beautiful piece :manyheart

:clap  Robbie is here! :clap  I got home from work late last night around 7:30 and at 8 DD called to say she was in labor right on her due date!  So off I went to DD's house to watch Ryan and they headed to the hospital. He was born this morning at 4:38 AM and is a little peanut- 6 lbs 1 oz, 19 inches. He is so cute- looks alot like Ryan, but smaller. 

My DD's MIL and I took Ryan out to breakfast this morning and my son-in-laws brother met us there. He then took Ryan so that the two Grandmas could go and meet Robbie!  Came back and spent the day playing with Ryan. Even though it was kind of chilly outside, we did go out twice to play and once to walk.   Needless to say, I'm exhausted!

Congrats!!!!  So exciting to have a new little peanut :bounce  Did Ryan get to meet Robbie yet, or are they waiting for him to go home?  Very sweet of your SIL's bro to come relieve you grandma's to go meet Robbie :hug

Marisa - glad you're getting more patients!! 

Yes, a big jump in the hook size from an H to a K but to get the right gauge that's what I had to do.  Will still probably have to make it bigger just to fit.  Got a lot done today but sitll not done with the first square. 

I love ILTY from HL.  I rarely use Red Heart anymore as it's too hard on my fingers.  For those of you that don't live near a HL you can order online, and sometimes they have free shipping or reduced shipping.  I've even ordered online (even though the warehouse is here in Oklahoma City) when I needed to order a large number of skeins.  I quit using Caron Simply Soft because it splits and stretches so much. 

Well today was a good day, still in pain but it's tolerable.  Got the staples ou t yesterday, xrays taken, but didn't see the dr.  Hopefully the dr will call next week and let me know that all is well.  Can't go back to work until I hear from him--much to my coworkers sadness.  One keeps asking, "You're coming back today right?" 

Thanks!  Have fun with your hooking and I'm glad to hear you continue to recover :hug  Continued prayers.

Hi Ladies

Marisa, :clap 4 new patients.

I got the pictures taken, but now I have to see if I brought the camera cord. We are suppose to get quite hot on monday if the news weather is right. The news channel and the weather channel are never the same on temps. On this one I hope the weather channel is right. I have just one more pt left. My hand is 100% but it is better than it was a month ago.

Sunday we are cooking a big meal for St. Patrick's Day. Corn beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, onions. I heard were up over 100 people. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Oh boy, can't wait to see the pics :devil  We're also have corned beef tomorrow :drool 

Good morning housemates :hi

I had a patient early this morning and another coming at 11, which will leave me time to put in some paperwork into the computer.  I still have 2 notes to enter from the busy Thursday :blush  But, that's because it was so late Thursday and yesterday I left early to head to the Knit and Crochet Festival :yes  We did a presentation with Knit the Bridge last night and then played some games, did some trivia, and raffled off prizes that vendors donated :yes  It was a lot of fun and the yarns that were donated were beautiful, I was sad that I didn't have a chance to win.  We decided that we should reprieve ourselves from the raffle since we were the ones running it :shrug  Oh well.  I may head back over tomorrow, but we'll see how today pans out :think  Today is the St. Patty's day festivities in town and we usually head over for early afternoon, but I think Steph said we might not be going over until later this year.  So, I'll just wait to hear what the plan is :shrug  I'd like to sew up a drawstring bag for my individual diaper changes on the go for my mommy to be across the street.  I've never made them and it looks easy, but I want to do up the first one to make sure I have it before pinning them all up :yes  I'm doing the baby shower gift that I think Cindy shared off pintrest a while back.

Have a great day, and I'll see y'all on Monday (probably a bit later in the day)

'morning, peeps!

Joanne....congrats on the little peanut arriving!!!!! I'm sure Ryan and Robbie are going to be cuties together - just like Mary's Luke and Zack!

Marisa, you are really getting there with patient numbers! It's a good thing you have lots of energy!!!

Sherry, it sounds like you're doing so well....tolerating pain above a certain level isn't my thing: I faint...LOL!

BBL

Good afternoon housemates!

Joanne - congrats on baby Robbie's arrival.  He came on my best friend's BD.  I love it when family works together for the greater cause.  Glad you Grandmas got a chance to go see the baby.  How's the new mommy?

Sherry - glad you're on the mend.  Like you, ILTY is practically all I've been using.  However, the quality is not the same in the new skeins I've purchased.  Are you not having this problem?

Marisa -  Have fun doing whatever the plans are.

Marlene - 100 people to cook for :eek .  I'm glad your hand is improving.  Looking forward to the pictures.

Judy - Have a great weekend!

Mary :hug .

Linda - we're suppose to have another great day today!  I hope you and Sweet Pea enjoy your walk.

Cindy - I hope you're enjoying your time off.

I'm going to try to make this onsie by Anne Gedde/Red Heart.

BBL!

Happy St. Patty's Day! According to my grandmother I'm a tiny bit Irish, so I count myself as Irish on this day. (I haven't found any in my family tree research, but since there is Scottish, Welsh,and English in great amounts, I can't imagine that there isn't some Irish, too.) Grandma always said we were English, Irish, French, German, Dutch, and Scottish. The Irish, French, and Dutch are still to be found. The Welsh is on my Dad's side along with more English and Scottish.

Hooray!!!! Welcome Robbie!!! How's DD doing? When do they come home? I know they don't keep them long now. 

Linda - love the cross stitch piece.  The last counted cross stitch piece I did was for my youngest DD and it's horses running with a horse in the clouds.  I love to do it but my old eyes don't like trying to keep up with the patterns :)

I have to take off my glasses when I'm working on the counted cross-stitch, but other than that I can still do it. I usually  work on it when there's something on TV to listen to rather than actually watch.

Great that you are doing well. Hope you hear from the doctor soon. Be careful when you go back to work that you don't overdo it.

Hi Ladies

Your Sunday meal sounds just wonderful! Enjoy!!!

I took Sweet Pea for her morning walk and didn't have to wear the brace. My knee doesn't like going downhill which is a similar stretch to wearing the high heeled shoes I had been wearing just before it happened. Hmmmm. Maybe I better skip the heels for a while. :)

Have a great day and a nice weekend. Catch you all later.

Hi everyone. Having a lazy day here. We ended up visiting with dd and family last evening, and I drank too much coffee while there, so slept poorly. I'm dragging today. All I've done is read a book, and crochet. Well, I did manage to do a load of laundry and transfer it to the dryer, but that's all I've done.

Dh is full of energy though. He went to give his dad a bath, and while he was out he ran errands for me, and visited Menards and Lowes. He just asked if I needed to go to Joann's or Michaels tonight. Since he's so anxious to do something, I will put him to work on dinner!

Linda, glad you were able to shed the brace.  It was a good day for walking.

Cindy, sorry you didn't sleep well.  I had the same problem but it was because sister smoked in the house and didn't realize that it travels through the air ducts.  I was so miserable.  I finally slept between 7 & 11 which I hate.  I feel like I've lost a perfect day.

I sewed the spots on the ladybug diaper set and it's complete (doesn't need eyes).  I sewed the ears on the giraffe and they don't sit right so I'm going to have to frog them (not today). 

Going to sort my laundry...sister says she will wash them.  I wanted to do it myself but I have crochet so if this is one of her favorite things to do :shrug  oh well I guess I'll indulge her.

Off I go.  I don't have to do ANY driving tomorrow.  I have an off day :yay .

I might check back in later....but if I don't have a good evening/night housemates :ghug .

Hi all,

This morning, the two grandmas took Ryan to get a haircut (DD had asked us if we would since my SIL had cut Ryan's hair a few weeks ago- and let's just say- hairdressing or barbering are not his strong suit- at least not on a squirmy 19 month old :lol ) It was an adventure- he wasn't too happy about it- but it's done and looks great!

I spent the afternoon with DD and Robbie- she is doing well and so is he. They should be coming home tomorrow and can't wait to see Ryan's reaction to his new little brother. He wasn't able to visit- the hospital isn't allowing anyone under 18 because it's flu season. This morning, we did Face Time with DD, SIL and Ryan and Ryan just loved it.

I'm trying to catch on my normal weekend chores- laundry is going- and bathrooms are done. Now to do the kitchen!

We all decided that we will celebrate my middle DD's birthday next Saturday- it works out better for everyone. Tomorrow will be spent celebrating Robbie's homecoming ---and of course St Patrick's Day :)

Beautiful work, Marlene!

Congratulations on the haircut for Ryan. I remember giving my son his first haircut at age one and it was a real challenge! They are soooo wriggly.

Cindy and Val, sorry about the poor nights you had last night. Hope tonight is better for both of you.

Have a good night everyone. Hugs

Good morning! May the luck of the Irish be with you all!!!

Judy- Great news on Phil!!! What a relief for you both!!! I'm thrilled that the news was so good.

Linda- The cross stitch you are working on is beautiful!

Marlene- Love all the projects you posted! Love the RR, the hotpad, the tree skirts and the scarves! I started a RR last evening for a co-worker. She is having a girl and is doing the room in pink and blue. I am using silver heather, rose, dusty blue and may throw in dusty green and dusty purple (Vanna's colors)- not typical baby colors- not sure yet. I finished the tiramasu blanket for her- but didn't add the ribbon. It came out on the small side-but figure it can be used as a stroller or car seat blanket, so I decided I'd make her the RR as well. Her shower is the 28th so I should be able to finish it then.

Cindy and Val- Hope you were able to get a good night's sleep!

Cindy- Can  you believe, my DD and SIL are already talking about having a 3rd? I told her about your DD just having her 5th boy- and she thought that was awesome!!! She said she would love a big family like that, but doesn't think that they could afford it. They both like the idea of three kids, though- She told me she loved having two sisters and my DIL and his brothers are really close too.

Marisa- Sounds like a super fun weekend for you- glad to hear you have been getting more patients!! That's awesome!!!

I've got the last load of laundry going and as soon as DH wakes up, will run the vaccuum. Then I'm heading over to DD's house and we may take Ryan out for breakfast again. I'm anxious to see his reaction to his new brother! I also brought a receiving blanket that Robbie was wrapped in for Belle--so she can smell it before the baby comes home

Wishing you all a wonderful St. Patrick's Day- even if you are not Irish---Everyone is Irish today!!! I can tell you that my Irish eyes are smiling!! I am truly blessed!

Archived