Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Happy Sunday, everyone. :manyheart   Wow, I've not been here since Friday and have missed a lot!

Judy ~ So glad you all had good news from the doctor. :clap   And also good news that you didn't have to wait until tomorrow! :hug

Joanne ~ Congratulations! :c9   Today will be a wonderful day with Robbie and DD coming home. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Yay for so many new and returning patients!  Your hard work is paying off and I'm so happy for you. :)

Linda ~ Your cross stitch is lovely.  :cheer    How are John and Rosie doing? 

Sherry ~ I hope you get to stay home a while longer - although it sounds like your co-workers are desperate to have you back. :wink

Marlene ~ Oh, each and every one of your projects are gorgeous!  Thank you for sharing the pictures. :yes

Valerie ~ WTG on getting new books and supplies!  I hope you're able to catch up on sleep today - two nights ago, I slept all night for the first time in weeks...'hope this continues. :lol

Cindy ~ I hope you catch up on sleep, too. :hug

We're definitely having Spring weather.  Yesterday was 85* and sunny - today is cloudy and cooler.  I worked in my yard yesterday and plan to do more today.  :)  

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, everyone. Happy St. Patty's day!!!

Not sure what I'll be doing today. So far I've been reading a new book by Diana Gabaldon, 'Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade.' I had found the first in this series at a used book store and got the rest of the series with birthday money. I also got her newest on in the Outlander series, 'An Echo in the Bone.' I guess you can guess what I'll be reading for a while. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Mary ~ Yay for a solid night of sleep.

Joanne ~ Oh, my! Already thinking of a third! These two will keep her busier than she realizes. I always said that I wanted an even number of kids. There were three of us and it always seemed to be two against one, although the make up of that changed sometimes from minute to minute.

Hello everyone. It's a gorgeous sunny day here, although it is quite cold. I slept very well last night.

Went to church this morning, has lunch, and am now settled by the fire with my iPad, the Sunday paper and a crocheting project. I think I need an afghan though. I'm getting cold, just sitting here.

Joanne, what an exciting day, Robbie coming home and meeting his big brother for the first time. My DD's older boys are crazy about Luke. Maybe a bit too much so, they try to comfort him the second he makes a sound. My dd is lucky that they can afford for her to be a stay at home mom. I'm not sure they'd have such a large family otherwise.

Linda, I've never read any books by Diana Gabaldon, but I've heard a lot of good things about her work. She is a favorite author of a number of my friends, also of one of my daughters, but I have to confess that her books don't appeal to me. I tried the Outlander series, but couldn't get into it. I'm not a huge fan of historical fiction to begin with, and the added time travel element just kind of made me decide to give up.

Sherry, it's good that your co-workers want you back, now they know how much you do.

Mary, glad you got a good nights sleep finally. Hope you catch up on yours too, Val.

Good afternoon housemates!

I slept good last night...

Joanne - It's wonderful that Robbie and Ryan get to meet today.  DD wants another one :eek .  I can't imagine for me.  I hope she gets to have a many as her heart desires.  They are a  delight.  My DGN is the joy of my life.  I'd always wanted 3 kids if I'd married.  Have fun today!

Cindy - Glad you're getting some r&r.

Marlene - The scarves, r&r, Christmas tree skirt and all your projects are beautiful.

Linda - Are you enjoying our beautiful weekend.  We're suppose to get a little cooler but nothing that's going to last.

Marisa - Hope you're having a great weekend.

Sherry - It's nice knowing you're loved by those you work with.

Mary - 85...omg sounds nice & hot.  We were in the upper 70s and it was hot to me.  I bet your yard looks nice.  How are your boys...Luke & Zach?

BBL!

Finished up my helmet liner and rather start another one, I decided to work on a prayer shawl that is a take-off on a scarf pattern. It took me a while to figure out how to expand it to prayer shawl size, but once I got about 4 patterns into it, I decided it was too stiff for a comfy prayer shawl. So I frogged it back to row 3 and did some more experimenting with it and finally have a pattern that I like. I'm back to having 3 pattern rows done and liking the results a lot.

Hi all

Had a nice day. Ryan was happy to see his mommy and didn't pay too much attention to Robbie. We let them have family bonding time and didn't stay long once they got home. I miss Ryan already. He is getting to be so much fun!!! I'm so glad that I live close by.

Worked a little bit on the RR for my co worker and read a little bit this afternoon. Will probably have an early night since its balck to paradise tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a nice St Patricks Day

Joanne - glad you got Robbie home today!  I'm glad that you live close to Ryan and Robbie.  I'm so blessed to be near my grandsons.  They are the light of our lives!

Marlene - beautiful work!!

Llinda - looking forward to seeing your prayer shawl.

Cindy - none of my coworkers wanted me to be gone as they know they'd have to pitch in and help out.  I'm thinking it will be next week before I go back to work.  Working at home is ok, but there are some things that I have to be in the office to do but it can wait.  At least everyone in the church has been helpful and understanding.

Mary - hope things are going well for you.

The weather here is crazy--but it's Oklahoma, so we're used to it.  Yesterday it was 80, its in the 50's today and by Thursday or Friday there is a chance of snow.  And of course, the day care is having their Easter Egg Hunt on Friday, so the kids will be in coats and mittens.

Got to crochet some more today, still on square one, have 3 more to do.  I've done a lot of games (angry birds, bubble mania, candy crush) until I'm sick of them.  I did read some today on my Nook, so maybe I'll do some more reading and crocheting for the last time on the machine today. 

Well it's time to get on the machine!  Have a great evening all!  Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you!!

Hello again. Well I've made another trip to the frog pond. I'm now starting in on the third interpretation of this prayer shawl.

Nice to see you Sherry.

That's so nice that Robbie is home, Joanne. And it's super nice that you are close enough to see them often.

Catch you all later.

Joanne, glad you got to see both of your boys together today.  It is a blessing to live close by your loved ones...especially the ones with the grandkids.  I hope paradise is easy on you tomorrow.

Linda, you'll get it together.  Looking forward to pictures.

Sherry, glad you're doing okay.  I can't get enough of candy crush.  Marisa and I pass stuff to each other quite frequently.

Wishing all you housemates a wonderful and restful night. :ghug

See ya tomorrow!

Third time was the charm!!!! Now the pattern works! I'd have a lot done if I hadn't had frog so much. :) Oh, well, at least I've got it down now.

Have a good night all.

Good morning,

Linda- Glad to read that your persistence has paid off---- :clap Can't wait to see a picture when it's finished! Good for you!!!

Sherry- Enjoy your time home- and glad to see that you are almost done with the machine ( I assume it's the CPM machine?) I've never gotten into games- probably a good thing, too---I'd never get any crocheting or knitting or reading done if I did!

I may stop by to see the 2 grandsons after work tonight- today will be the first full day of being home- thankfully, SIL is off for 4 weeks to give DD a hand. 

Have a good Monday everyone!

'morning, peeps!

Marlene, your work  is absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm really impressed with your own tree skirt....very Victorian-looking.

Hi all,

This morning, the two grandmas took Ryan to get a haircut (DD had asked us if we would since my SIL had cut Ryan's hair a few weeks ago- and let's just say- hairdressing or barbering are not his strong suit- at least not on a squirmy 19 month old :lol ) It was an adventure- he wasn't too happy about it- but it's done and looks great!

That had to be such a hoot - and exhausting!

Good morning! May the luck of the Irish be with you all!!!

Judy- Great news on Phil!!! What a relief for you both!!! I'm thrilled that the news was so good.

Thanks - no more blood work till July!

I've got the last load of laundry going and as soon as DH wakes up, will run the vaccuum. Then I'm heading over to DD's house and we may take Ryan out for breakfast again. I'm anxious to see his reaction to his new brother! I also brought a receiving blanket that Robbie was wrapped in for Belle--so she can smell it before the baby comes homeGood idea! Belle will be curious

Wishing you all a wonderful St. Patrick's Day- even if you are not Irish---Everyone is Irish today!!! I can tell you that my Irish eyes are smiling!! I am truly blessed!Yes you are! :hug :manyheart  

Not sure what I'll be doing today. So far I've been reading a new book by Diana Gabaldon, 'Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade.' I had found the first in this series at a used book store and got the rest of the series with birthday money. I also got her newest on in the Outlander series, 'An Echo in the Bone.' I guess you can guess what I'll be reading for a while. :)

I read the first 2 of the Outlander series...but then I lost interest. They are huge books!

Hi all Had a nice day. Ryan was happy to see his mommy and didn't pay too much attention to Robbie. We let them have family bonding time and didn't stay long once they got home. I miss Ryan already. He is getting to be so much fun!!! I'm so glad that I live close by. Worked a little bit on the RR for my co worker and read a little bit this afternoon. Will probably have an early night since its balck to paradise tomorrow. Hope everyone had a nice St Patricks Day

I thought he might ignore Robbie...it's going to be interesting...LOL!

Third time was the charm!!!! Now the pattern works! I'd have a lot done if I hadn't had frog so much. :) Oh, well, at least I've got it down now.

Have a good night all.

Good for you!!! Now we wait for pictures ;)

Good morning housemates!

Just checking in for the day.

Linda, I knew you'd get it.  Looking forward to the pictures.

Joanne - It's good that SIL is able to be home with DD and the boys.  Have fun tonight.

Hello to everyone else in the House...BBL!

Have a marvelous Monday!

Good morning, all. It's back to chilly, windy, and cloudy here. When I took Sweet Pea for her walk it felt like there was moisture in the air even though nothing appeared on my glasses. All of which means I'll be hibernating inside again today. At least with the new prayer shawl pattern settled on I've go something interesting to crochet. I've done 4 of the helmet liners and am heartily sick of them. We're halfway to the 19 or 20 we need to produce. I have yarn left over so may do one more to use it up, but not today.

That's so good that SIL had two weeks off to spend with the newly expanded family, Joanne. It gives him some time to bond with Robbie and to make sure that Ryan doesn't feel left out with all the time that a new baby demands.

I really like historical fiction, Judy, so Diana Gabaldon's books are right up my alley. They are LONG though, I will admit. The following quote from the first of this series, 'Lord John and the Private Matter' made me laugh.

"...My two literary agents, Russel Galen and Danny Baror, who, when I told them I had finished the second Lord John short story, inquired how long it was. Upon being told, they looked at each other, then at me, and said as one, "You do realize that that's the length most normal books are?" Which is why this is a book, though I make no claims for how normal it is. Not very, I expect."

The first is about 300 pages, the next two are about 500 pages, and the last is about 300 pages. Much more normal sized than the Outlander series which run around 800 to a 1,000 pages each. :)

Have a great day all. :)

Good afternoon housemates :hi

We had a great weekend!  After I went home on Saturday I relaxed a bit and took a nap.  Then we went out about 4 to meet up with some friends to celebrate St Patty's day :yes  We came home pretty early as well.  Yesterday was a lazy day, which was nice :yes  I had a patient that left just a bit ago and another scheduled for 2 :clap  I woke up with a headache so didn't go to the gym, but did bring clothes here with me so I can work out if it lets up.....which it did :whew

Val - I've seen an ad for that RH Anne Gedde yarn, but haven't seen it up close and personal yet.  WTG on your crochet and letting your sister do the laundry :clap

Linda - I was Irish this weekend too (and I guarantee you there is none in my blood :lol )  Hope your knee is feeling better :xfin  WTG on getting your prayer shawl working out!

Cindy - I hope you enjoyed your lazy day as much as I did this weekend :yes 

Joanne - How sweet to take Ryan for a haircut and breakfast :manyheart  I'll be interested to hear about his interaction with Robbie over the week :think

Marlene - Gorgeous projects :manyheart  I can't decide which is my favorite :think

Mary - Enjoy your spring weather.  I'm having cold with mixed rain and snow today and the next couple days I think :think

Sherry - Wow, your weather sounds like ours...you never can tell from one day to the next what will happen :shrug  Have fun with your hooking and reading!  Glad you continue to mend :hug

Hello everyone. I've been out and about all day. Dh told me this morning that we were getting terrible weather (snow, Ice, rain etc), starting at noon, and if I had errands to do, I'd better get going. So off I went, and here it is 3 PM and still just gloomy and cloudy here. Kmart sells these sandals that I buy every year, and they are on sale this week, so I wanted to get some before they were gone. One of these years they are going to stop selling them, but hopefully they will be around for a while yet. They are ugly, but they are super comfortable. I wear them as slippers in winte and as outdoor shoes in summer. They only had two pairs left in my size and I bought them both. I have had problems with plantar fasciitis, and these shoes have great arch support which seems to keep the foot pain under control.

I also stopped at the dollar store. Yesterday I read that their magic eraser clones work as well as the name brand, and I wanted to give them a try. It's next to Kmart, and I rarely stop there, even though its on my way to pretty much every place I go. Then a stop at the grocery store for pork tenderloin, (on sale), since I had forgotten to thaw anything for dinner. Of course that turned into a 70 dollar trip. They were busy marking down all the meat when I got there, so I stocked up.

So finally home, and ready to get started on household chores. I'll be home by myself tonight and hope to get a lot accomplished.

My BICO is almost done, but I hate working on it. That homespun yarn is a pain to work with. It feels nice and soft though.

Marisa, I think we are probably going to get the same weather as you. I think spring starts on Wednesday, but I don't think it will look like spring! Also, it sounds like your practice is really growing at last. I enjoy hearing about you getting new patients.

Linda, glad you finally got a pattern figured out for your prayer shawl. I'm sure your shawls bring a lot of comfort to their recipients. I still use the one you made me when my parents were both sick. How is Rosie's John doing?

Val, what are you working on? Still stuff to sell?

Joanne, it's so nice that your sil can be home with his family at this time. It might take Ryan a few days to figu out that Robbie is staying!

Judy, how is Sparkie doing?

Hi Sherry, Mary, Marlene.

I decided to run my errands early today, too, Cindy. And I'm glad I did. It's starting to get foggy and switching back and forth between misty and light rain. I heard that it's to get worse the later it gets with nasty thunderstorms for tonight.

I started out going to Big Lots for a 3-way lightbulb, but sidetracked to Goodwill on the way. Picked up a couple of sheets to use as material in my quilting and a bunch of clearance paperback books.

At Big Lots Imade the mistake of going down the yarn aisle and 20 50 gram skeins of a pretty light blue/beige/light grey fuzzy yarn tumbled down into my cart and insisted on coming home with me. I did get the light bulb and some stuff for the kitchen.

From there I went next door and had Chinese food for lunch. It's been a long time since I had Chinese and it was super good. I have enough left over for another meal, too.

Sounds like a good weekend for you, Marisa.

Hello, Ladies. I've been in here several times trying to compose a message. I have so much to say that I've gotten bogged down by it but I'm just going to keep it simple for now.

I looked up my last post and it was on Jan 6 that I wrote my husband had passed away on Dec 26. Thank you all so much for everyone of your posts expressing your prayers and condolences. :ghug 

From Jan 1-5, I was hospitalized with pneumonia. My oxygen level was dropping too low at night so when I was discharged I had to be on 3 litres at night. I'm still on it but it's down to 2 litres now. 

Two years ago I started a thread for 3 comfortghans and some of you contributed 12" squares. Here is my latest post.

Hi all,

Didn't go to craft club or to go see the new happy family! It started raining/sleeting/icing on my way home, so I figured the safest place for me to be is at home tonight!

I'll try and stop by to see DD and the boys tomorrow after work, weather permitting.

Sounds like a great St. Patrick's day, Marisa- and glad your headache went away today!

Linda- Isn't it funny how yarn just jumps into a cart? LOL I had a good chuckle over that!

Cindy- Funny how you went to the grocery store for one item and walked out $70 poorer- happens to me all the time--another good chuckle had tonight!

Judy- Belle was thrilled to see DD yesterday-- she had started moping around- and I had told DD that Belle was really missing her- and this coming from someone who doesn't have a dog. I could see the change in her personality from the time I got there on Thursday through Sunday!

Val, Sherry, Mary, Marlene and everyone---hugs!

Off to crochet a bit on the RR !

Have a good night!

Joanne, that's what our weather is doing too. Dd is at work, and dh had a meeting so I'm here alone.

Jeannie, good to hear from you, sounds like you've had a pretty rough time.

Linda, I've never seen yarn at the Big Lots here. If they had it, I'd definitely visit more often!

Last week I cleaned and polished half my kitchen cabinets and I just finished the rest. We had been talking about remodeling our kitchen, but now that I've polished those cabinets and I see how sturdy they still are, I'm having second thoughts. They are 35 years old, but still in excellent shape. All except the island which we got about 10 years after we built our house. In those 10 years they must have changed how they finished the cabinets. So now I'm thinking we should get new counters and a new backsplash and a new island.

I've also done a bit of vacuuming and am planning to wash the kitchen floor, just as soon as my tea solution cools off. I'm trying this method:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4596456_using-tea-clean-hardwood-floors.html.

It says it will make my wood floors nice and shiny. I'm a sucker for trying that sort of thing

Nice to see you again, Jeannie. Sounds like you've had a rough time of it this winter. Glad to hear that you are improving.

Joanne, I'm glad you opted for staying safe tonight. The weather has been really nasty today. We ended up under severe thunderstorm & tornado warnings for about an hour earlier this evening. We just had thunder and lightening and hard rain here, but other places had hail, some of it quite large. It was bad enough for me to turn off the computer, just in case. It's gone now, thank goodness.

Cindy, good for you in all your polishing. Some of the older cabinets are soo much better constructed than those put together now. I love old wood and would definitely save them if they are so pretty and in good shape.

Hope you all have a good night. :)

Quick check in to say good night.

We had severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings here.  It lasted for about 2 hours.  There wsas hail in some parts of the state and in Alabama.  We always get Alabama's weather and they usually get it from Texas.  It's going to be cool and windy for the next few days.

I went to the dollar store today and Big Lots as well.  My sister was shopping.  I only bought cinnamon discs candy.  We were leaving when I thought about Big Lots crochet thread so I didn't look.  They've remodeled the store and nothing is where it use to be.

We off I go.

Have a good night housemates...see ya tomorrow! :ghug

Good morning!

Cindy- that tea brew to clean the hardwoods sounds really neat. Let us know how it works out! Saved the link- thanks for sharing!

Val- They just opened a Big Lots nearby and I haven't been there yet. Maybe this weekend, I'll check it out. It's right near Christmas Tree Shops - a fun store to shop in with lots of neat things. Glad that the storms are over!

Sherry- :birthday:bday:cake  Hope you have a great birthday- and that your grandsons spoil you for a change! :tup

Jeannie- Hugs- seems like you've had a tough go of it---it was nice of you to stop by!

Wishing you ALL a great Tuesday!

Archived