Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I enjoy seeing everything you make. Happy Birthday to Ryan! The neck and back are okay. I still get some pain, but it's not constant. But I do still get the numbing in my hand. I hope that will go away with time. The numbing is from the nerve in the neck and it just may need time to heal.

Val, Google's toolbar you get translator. I'm not sure about firefox. I hope you get some warm spring weather soon.

Linda, Sorry you got bad news from the doctor. Praying that you will get good news from the kidney doctor. Glad you were able to get out with the shawl group.

Joanne, How nice of DH to fix dinner for you. Glad you get to see the grandsons and celebrate DD's birthday today.

Cindy, Glad you had a nice night out with friends.

Sherry, Glad your doing better and feel up to going back to work monday. I hope the dinner and Easter egg hunt was a success. Enjoy your weekend with the boys.

Marisa, I'm so happy for you that your business is picking up.

Judy, Thinking about you.

We went to the relay for life last night. It was a fun time. I got a phone call from my Mom yesterday. My uncle had lung surgery on tuesday. He has cancer. And one of my cousins has ovarian cancer. She doesn't have any insurance.

I talked to Maya and her sister today. As time gets closer to going home and I talk to her it makes me miss her even more.

I hope everyone has a nice sunday!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning

Had a good visit with DD and GS yesterday after my early morning appointment. They gave me a gift certificate to the nail salon I go to. They said it was to show their appreciation for watching Ryan last weekend. I told them they didn't need to do that- that  I love watching him. It was a very sweet thing to do though, and it will get put to good use! DD and I went to the store for a few things she wanted to pick up- (and get out of the house)

She was tired after the one stop yesterday- but she wants to take advantage of her 30% off coupon at Kohl's so I'll take her there today. My middle DD didn't finish with her weekly Sat art mentoring till about 3:30 so she begged off coming down to go out to eat- and said we'll just celebrate her birthday along with Easter next weekend.!

She had an interview on Fri for a teaching position for the rest of the year to cover the teacher who went out on leave. The school had called her university and asked the dean if there was anyone they could recommend--and my DD was who they recommended. That in itself is something she can be proud of and I'm hoping she gets it. It will be nice if she could get her foot in the door of a school district and get the experience. Like I told her, if it's meant to be it will be.

Off to do some much needed cleaning!

Glad you had a good night's rest Linda- and positive thoughts/prayers coming your way!

We're supposed to get a major winter (in spring) storm tonight into tomorrow! I'll be so glad when we are finally done with 'old man winter"!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I enjoy seeing everything you make. Happy Birthday to Ryan!  Marlene- I think you meant to say Luke!!! :lol  Ryan is my grandson- I know it's hard to keep track of all the grandson's in 'the house" Mary has Luke and Zach, I have Ryan and Robbie, Cindy has a Luke and 4 others!!!

The neck and back are okay. I still get some pain, but it's not constant. But I do still get the numbing in my hand. I hope that will go away with time. The numbing is from the nerve in the neck and it just may need time to heal. :hug

Joanne, How nice of DH to fix dinner for you. Glad you get to see the grandsons and celebrate DD's birthday today. Had fun with the GS- but didn't see middle DD- she is so busy right now- so we'll celebrate on Easter next Sunday- she will definitely be here for that!

We went to the relay for life last night. It was a fun time. I got a phone call from my Mom yesterday. My uncle had lung surgery on tuesday. He has cancer. And one of my cousins has ovarian cancer. She doesn't have any insurance. Prayers for all.

I talked to Maya and her sister today. As time gets closer to going home and I talk to her it makes me miss her even more.Before you know it, you will see her again! Enjoy the rest of your time in warm TX!!!

I hope everyone has a nice sunday!

Good morning housemates!

Marlene, I saw your pictures on facebook.  It looks like you all had a lot of fun.  I'm lifting your uncle and cousin up in prayer.  I know you miss Maya.  It won't be long and you'll be back home.  Before you know it, it will be summer and you'll have Maya for weeks.

Joanne, I'm glad you got to see your guys.  How are they?  I'm glad DD got a chance to get out.  I'm touching and agreeing with you on middle DD getting that job.  It's an honor for the dean to select her out of all of those students.  I believe she will get the job.  I believe this is the first of many doors to open for her.  It would have been nice if she would have an answer before Sunday and you all could celebrate both.  Oh well, another reason to see each other and celebrate later.  Enjoy your time out today.

Judy :hug  :manyheart .

Mary, Sherry, Marisa, Linda and the entire house...have a great day! :ghug

BBL!

Hello everyone. Just for the record, my grandsons are Andrew, Noah, Joel, Aaron and Luke. And now I'm wondering, does anyone

here have grand daughters besides Marlene? I know Sherri talks about grandsons and Linda has a grandson.

Joanne, sending good thoughts for your dd to get that jpb. I would think her chances are excellent since she was so highly recommended. I'm sorry you missed seeing her yesterday though. At least you saw Ryan and Robbie. Stay safe in the storm. Hopefully it doesn't make it to Michigan. There's some snow in the forecast, but I don't think it is supposed to amount to much. It's still really cold here, so the snow we have gotten is sticking around.

Marlene, I'm sorry you are missing Maya, but it won't be too long anymore and you'll be back in Michigan. Hope your pain and numbness improve. Is PT done now? Can you do any or the exercises on your own? Sending good though for your sick family members. Seems like your family has had a lot to deal with recently.

Val, I did not crochet at all yesterday, I seem to be in a reading mood, and managed to finish another book yesterday. Of course, my household chores are being a bit neglected. How about you, are you working on anything?

Mary, I enjoy seeing your projects too. Are you seeing Luke and Zach this weekend?

Marisa, what have you been up to this weekend. A you working on aNy projects besides knit the bridge?

Sherri, I think you will likely be headed back to work after seeing the doctor this week. Hope it goes well.

Linda, I like how you have found interesting things to fill your life, now that you have retired. When are you seeing the kidney doctor?

Judy, hope life is settling down for you. Sending hugs.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday. I am working an extra day next week, actually teaching an all day class, so it's going to be a busier than usual week for me. I really shouldn't have wasted all day yesterday reading. However, I enjoyed it, and I don't suppose my housework and laundry will go anywhere. They'll still be there when I have time for them!

More rain last night, which makes for good sleeping. I love the sound of rain pattering at night. Not so much during the day, but at night it's very relaxing. I more than slept the clock around last night. I'm so much more rested, which has improved my mood tremendously. I'll be making the appointment with the kidney doc this week. I know I've been eating more protein than normal lately and that in itself will elevate the creatine level. I'm past the panic mode now and much more optomistic.

Mary, the Japanese pattern is a diagram.  I don't know how to translate.  I quit taking Tylenol PM a while back.  They leave me with a hangover.  I take Melantonin.  You wake up fresh...no hangover.  It's in the vitamin section of the drug store.

Well, I've been ripping and running all day.  I guess I do some hooking now!

Sounds like a great project, Val. Looking forward to see it as you progress.

Good morning

Had a good visit with DD and GS yesterday after my early morning appointment. They gave me a gift certificate to the nail salon I go to. They said it was to show their appreciation for watching Ryan last weekend. I told them they didn't need to do that- that  I love watching him. It was a very sweet thing to do though, and it will get put to good use! DD and I went to the store for a few things she wanted to pick up- (and get out of the house)

She was tired after the one stop yesterday- but she wants to take advantage of her 30% off coupon at Kohl's so I'll take her there today. My middle DD didn't finish with her weekly Sat art mentoring till about 3:30 so she begged off coming down to go out to eat- and said we'll just celebrate her birthday along with Easter next weekend.!

She had an interview on Fri for a teaching position for the rest of the year to cover the teacher who went out on leave. The school had called her university and asked the dean if there was anyone they could recommend--and my DD was who they recommended. That in itself is something she can be proud of and I'm hoping she gets it. It will be nice if she could get her foot in the door of a school district and get the experience. Like I told her, if it's meant to be it will be.

Off to do some much needed cleaning!

Glad you had a good night's rest Linda- and positive thoughts/prayers coming your way!

We're supposed to get a major winter (in spring) storm tonight into tomorrow! I'll be so glad when we are finally done with 'old man winter"!

Good luck to DD on the teaching position. That would be great!

Good afternoon,

Took a nap, watch 2 hours of I love Lucy.  I'm going to do some minor cleaning in my room.

Cindy, I don't have any kids and never married.  I have 2 nephews (Jackson & Jason), 1 niece (Jackie) all adults and 1 great niece (Jaleia Marie) 9 years old.  I live with Jackson, Jackie (brother/sister), Jaleia (Jackie's daughter) and my sister Jacqueline.  Yep, they're the "J" family.  Jason is my youngest sister's son and they live in Bama.  Therefore, when I talk about the little one, it's Jaleia (e is pronounced as a long "a".  It's good to know your gs's name.  I didn't really do any serious hooking.  The Japanese pattern was a flower and I got it done.  I think I can now read any chart.  Don't beat yourself up about taking time away from housework.  Sometimes, you have to do relaxing things like reading for the total woman.  I read a book as well...hardback of course.  I have a bunch of hardback books I got from the book club while I was working all those hours.  I'm finally getting a chance to read them.  I read "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" by Beth Hoffman.  It was her first novel.  I really enjoyed it.  I love to read.

Linda, as I told Cindy, the item I learned to crochet was a rose.  It turned out well once I got the hang of the pattern.  I'm glad you've let go of your fear.  It doesn't help and I know it's hard too.  Lifting you up in prayer continuously.  I like the rain better at night when I don't have to go out.

Back to my room to put away some stray yarn from projects I did in the living room.

Hope everyone is having a super Sunday!

I'll try to check back in later before bedtime!

:ghug  :ghug  :ghug  :ghug  :ghug  :ghug

Cindy- if it makes you feel any better- I didn't get all my housecleaning done that needed to get done- but I had much fun with my GS and DD and SIL this afternoon. :)  I did get the grocery shopping done this morning which was a chore in itself since the cupboards were pretty bare--now we're good for a while again! I also cleaned out one of the cabinets as I was putting the groceries away- and cleaned out the refrigerator--perfect time when it was nearly empty! :yes 

After that I went to DD's and took her to Kohl's . She got a great deal on a bedding set- it was on sale plus she had 30% off and got Kohl's cash too! :clap  She sent a picture of it to my son-in-law and he said 'whatever you want, honey, is fine with me" :manyheart We also picked up a great collage frame that will look perfect in the family room. I was going to look for some things, but we didn't want to stay out too long.

I really had a nice weekend-and now as soon as we eat dinner, I'll be working some more on the RR for the baby shower Friday I have 4 more rows so I'll get it done in time! Of course, it seems each row takes longer and longer

Enjoy the rest of the evening, friends!

Dropped in to say goodnight.

Joanne, I'm glad you had a wonderful day with your family.  I think family time is very important and so is "me" time especially when you usually do your housework.  It's okay every now and then to do the most important things.  Have a great day in paradise on tomorrow.  Looking forward seeing pictures of the rr.

Good night housemates...see ya tomorrow!!!

Good night everyone. Work day for me tomorrow.

Val, that's kind of neat how your sisters whole family has names beginning with J. We have friends whose entire family has J names as well. I also enjoy reading, but it seems to go in spurts. I've read 4 or 5 books in the last 10 days, but I'm about ready to craft for a while again.

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Thanks for correcting Ryan to Luke. I'll say a prayer for DD in hopes of her getting the job. What an honor for the Dean to recommend her. Sounds like a nice weekend with the family even though DD wasn't able to make it.

Cindy, I think I'm the only one with granddaughters. In my Mom's family four out of seven had kids. Those four all had three girls. My Mom and one aunt had boys also. My Mom came from a family of six girls and one boy.  I've always thought it was unique four sisters each had three girls. I know a family who had 10 kids and they all start with R as the parents did to. Me my ex, my kids and Maya all start with M. We are the M and M family. lol

Linda, Glad you had a good nights rest and feel better. Keeping you in my prayers.

Val, Way to go figuring out a Japanese pattern. I bet it is really pretty. We had a fun time at the relay for life. They play music and have different things going on all night long.

We had a very windy day here and on the cool side compared to the warm weather we've  had. I wore a jacket today when I was outside. I worked on the rr.

Daisy has gotten to smart for her own good. DH built a little pen for her to play in and she jumps out of it. I didn't think it was tall enough, but I wasn't here when he did it. So now I won't let her go outside in it unless were out there to keep an eye on her.

We took her for a ride last night in the car and she got sick. She didn't on the way down here. I took her once with me to the post office and she got sick then to. So were going to have to check with a vet and see if we can give her something for it. I hope she gets over it as we go a lot when were home.

Have a nice Monday everyone!

Good morning, everyone. :)   I've just read through all your posts...and may not get to post until later this afternoon.  Yesterday was super busy and today looks the same. :yes  Gracie has a vet appt. this a.m. and DH has his eye appointment at 3.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! :manyheart

Good morning housemates!

It is very windy here and cold.  It's in the 40s but the wind makes it feel like the 20s.

2 more days and I can get the buttons I need for my diaper covers and take pictures.

Wishing all the housemates a marvelous Monday! :ghug

BBL!

Hello all. I had a supper with a group from the church last night. It was very nice, but I couldn't get a word in. The rest of the group are long time members of the church and talked a lot about things I couldn't contribute too. They are nice and I learned a lot about them.

I've come to grips with the kidney results. Whatever the doc says I know what I want. If it's truly bad news, so be it. I've made the decision that I will not go the route of dialysis and/or transplant. Both are expensive and neither gives me the kind of life I want. I choose quality over quantity. And I won't ask a family member to sacrifice a kidney when they may need it down the road. Plus antirection meds are expensive and not fun. I'll take what time I have and enjoy it. I just have to put it all in writing. I've talked about it with my daughter and she knows what I want and she is the one I choose to speak for me if I can't speak for myself.

As Val said it's very cold out there today. The wind was roaring last night. It's not as fierce today but still making it's presence known. There were snowflakes drifting in the air when I took Sweet Pear for her walk. Not many, but they were there. It looks like March is not only coming in like a lion, but going out like one as well. NOT fair! :( I want warm weather! NOW!!!

I have over half of a prayer shawl done. All in one day! Whee!

Kim is home from the hospital after a month of mostly ICU and doing well. Thanks for all your prayers for her. She is such a sweetie and a true fighter. John posted lots of pictures of her flirting with her male nurses and techs. It's soooo her. :)

Hope you all have a great day.

Hi again. :)   It's cold and windy here as well - 29* when I got up this a.m.  Brrr!

Valerie ~ Can't wait to see your finished baby things! :c9

Marlene ~ Sending prayers for your uncle and cousin. :hug   Our Maggie, a black cocker who lived for almost 16 years, threw up in the car, too.  We finally tried putting her crate right behind the console with the back seats folded down - so she was "almost right with us."   Hope that makes sense. :lol  Anyway, she never got sick in the car after that...being in her crate seemed to work!

Joanne ~ Oh, it sounds like your DD may have a job! :yay    I know you all will have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're enjoying time with your prayer shawl group and others, too!  Hopefully, your next labs will show better numbers. :xfin    I agree that quality of life is more important than quantity - but we want you around for a very long time.  :hug   :manyheart  

DH should be here in about 30 minutes and then we'll drive downtown to his appt.  Have a good afternoon, everyone. :ghug

Good afternoon!

Linda, I respect your decision and you know we're here to support you.  However, I would like to share with you what I learned with my dad having to do dialysis and receiving a kidney.  I learned that if you follow all rules while on dialysis, you don't suffer like others.  My dad did everything they told him to do and did not have to spend as much time on the machines as others.  He did not retain fluids because he ate right.  We discovered also that an obedient patient gets chosen first for transplants.  The first time they found a kidney for my dad (he didn't want us to give up one), he went to the hospital, they had him under and cut him open to discover that the kidney was diseased.  They sewed him back up.  The next time, the head surgeon was in charge.  They said that once they put the kidney into my dad, it started working.  They said they did not have to "wake" the kidney up.  My dad's experience was as good as it gets.  He did have to take lots of medicine but his quality of life never changed.  His wife, did have great insurance.  His death had nothing to do with his kidney situation.   I'm praying that all is well with you.

Mary, be safe.

Thank you Mary and Val. I hope to be here for a long time yet with all of you, and have hopes that the creatinine level change will be just a blip in the numbers, too.

It is sooooo cold outside!!!! oh, BRRRRRRR........... Just got back from walking Sweet Pea and am shivering.

Hi All!!  Well, I went to work today for about 4 hours. Will go and spend all day tomorrow.  If I get tired, there is the parlor with a couch that I can lay down on and rest.  Yesterday wasn't a good day--ended up going to the ER by ambulance.  Was throwing up and other wonderful things, but they determined I only had a bladder infection.  Feeling so much better today!!!!

Hope all of you are doing ok and will be having a great Monday evening!

Will go and rest some before DH fixes something to eat.

Hugs to all of you!!

You're welcome Linda.  We're all family.

I'm cold too.  I'm glad my DNep had an early shift and I've finished my driving for the day.  I've been cold all day.  We even have a standup portable heater in the great room.  It's colder in there because it's larger and wide open.

Sherry, good to hear from you.  Don't over work yourself.  Glad you're doing better.

Unless there's a change, I'm going to say good night and I'll see you all on tomorrow.

Have a good night and stay warm everybody! :ghug

Hello everyone. Super busy day at work today. Off tomorrow, then back to work on Wed.

Linda, it's good that you thought about your health care options, made decisions and then communicated them to your daughter. So many people never give these things much thought. Hopefully regular doctor visits, and watching your diet and blood pressure will keep those kidney numbers stable. Also, it's good to hear that Kim is finally home. She sure is a very tough lady for someone who is medically fragile.

Marlene, I heard that it had been pretty col in Texas for the past few days. My sister and brother in law in Indiana got 9 inches of snow last night. We had a few flurries, but they weren't much. I'm so ready for spring!

Mary, sounds like the cold is in your area as well. I'm hoping all this cold down south doesn't mean anything for our spring!

Sherry, so sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. Glad you made it through a few hours of work today, and that you are feeling better.

Val, sounds like I missed you today, since you've already said good night. Hope you have a nice evening. Stay warm!

Joanne, hope paradise was good to you today.

Hi, Marisa.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Daisy was up front on her pillow on DH's lap. Hope DH's eye appt went well.

Val, I'm using Pound of Love yarn for the rr. It sheds a lot.

Linda, Praying that your numbers are better on the next test. It's good you have made decisions and have talked to DD about them. We have friends here that are from Michigan. He is doing dialysis at home here. They didn't think they would be able to, but it all worked out.

Cindy, Are daytime temps have dropped to the upper 60's and the night temp is in the 40's but wednesday it will warm back up.

Sherry, I hope your feeling better. Take it easy at work.

Judy, Marisa, Joanne, thinking about you.

Today was the last jam session. We had a nice turn out for it to. I worked on the rr. Tomorrow I'm going to show one of the ladies how to do the ruffle scarf. I had another lady ask me how I do them.

Everyone stay warm. Hope everyone has a nice tuesday!

Just a little show and tell before heading to bed.

First: the last two helmet liners I made and then all of them together.

post-9295-0-62048100-1364270677_thumb.jpg post-9295-0-50316800-1364270689_thumb.jpg You can really see how much bigger the first one was than the rest of them. :)

Next is the prayer shawl that I finished up at the church on Saturday:

post-9295-0-56951900-1364270701_thumb.jpg

And last is the counted cross-stitch that I'm working on for my mom. I have to do the hummingbird yet, and all the outline stitching, but it's getting there. There's a little more of the gold border to do, too, but it's inbetween the hummy's wing and tail, so will wait a bit to do that.

post-9295-0-54856200-1364270709_thumb.jpg

Hope you all have a wonderful night. :)

post-9295-0-62048100-1364270677_thumb.jpg

post-9295-0-50316800-1364270689_thumb.jpg

post-9295-0-56951900-1364270701_thumb.jpg

post-9295-0-54856200-1364270709_thumb.jpg

God morning. Today is my only day off today, and I intend to goof off. I'm going to read, crochet and sew.

Linda, your projects look wonderful. I'm impressed with the cross stitch. I used to do a lot of it, but it's gotten so that I need a bright light and a lot of patience to work on it anymore.

Joanne, hope your day at work is better than yesterday.

Marlene, hope your warmer weather moves north to Michigan.

Archived