Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning housemates!!!

Sherry - Happy Birthday!!! :bday  :cake  :birthday .   Have a wonderful day celebrating YOU!!!!

Joanne - I like Big Lots when they're nice and clean.  I think the one near me is going through some changes.  They also have a hiring sign out.  I've seen posts on facebook where women made a killing on yarn.

Mary - Have fun with little Zach today.  I'm so glad you live near your daughter and the boys.

Cindy - Sounds like you got a deal at the grocery store on yesterday.  Enjoy the rest of your time off.

Linda, Marisa, Judy, & Marlene :ghug .

Have a terrific Tuesday everybody.

BBL!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, lots of snow on the ground here, and still snowing. Dd just got home from work and says the roads are bad. I don't have anywhere to go.

Happy birthday, Sherry!

Val, you make me think that I should check out big lots again.

Joanne, the tea solution did not make my floors much shinier than they are when I use plain water to wash them. However, my floors have a slightly shiny finish to begin with.

Mary, hope you enjoy your time with Zach.

Today's plan is to do laundry, and clean the last bathroom. I hope to finish the BICO as well, but doubt I will actually do that.

CIndy - If you go, let us know how it turns out.  My mom always did our hardwood floors and kitchen cabinets with murphy soap oil.  Be careful with all that snow.

I did my cabinets with Old English, because that's what I had on hand. I've used Murphy's in the past though. It works very well.

Dh doesn't want me to use Murphy's on the floor because he doesn't want the oil on there. He says it will make refinishing harder as the oil will soak into the wood and keep new finish from adhering well. I don't know if that's true or not, but just in case, I use plain water and good old fashioned elbow grease.

And..it's still snowing........

BUT spring starts tomorrow! Pretty soon I'll be whining about the heat!

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes!!  DH will take the grandsons shopping once they get here. No telling what the littlest one will get me, he asked me last night if I wanted a bear--told him that if he wanted to get me a bear that would be great! Probably won't get to out to eat but hopefully they will bring something good home! 

Still not back to work but will be working from home later day (it's payday week), but it won't take long to get it done.  I guess I'll be going back to work on Monday after seeing my family dr (surgeon is still out of town but they said I should be ok by Monday to go back to work). 

Joanne - hope all is well with you and your weather.  Be safe and stay warm. 

Linda - hope you didn't have any bad storms.

Jeannie - hope you continue to get better. 

Mary - hope you're having a good time with your GS. 

Marisa - hope things are going well for you.

Enjoy your day all.   Hugs to all!

Sherry ~ I'm so glad you're having a nice day! :)   You deserve to be pampered...and I know you'll enjoy the grandkids helping you celebrate. :manyheart

Linda ~ WTG on figuring out the pattern conversion. :clap   You really found some good buys at Big Lots and Goodwill!

Cindy ~ How much snow do you have?  You sound so ambitious. :yes   Our last house was built in the 1920's and we found hardwoods under all of the old carpet.  After having them refinished and sealed with a non-shiny sealer, I just had to vacuum and damp mop - wish I had those now!

Hi Jeannie!  So sorry about your pneumonia. :hug   Check in when you can! :manyheart

Valerie ~ Luke and Zach are both just fine. :c9   I'll bet your dgn is excited about Spring Break getting closer!

Marisa ~ Your weekend sounds like a good one! 

I ended up staying at DD's until about 1:30.  She picked up Luke at pre-school on her way home and he wanted me to "play dinosaurs." :lol   Better get busy - or maybe I'll crochet. :D   I finished the Shelly scarf the other day and started one in a double V-stitch.

I've found yarn at Big Lots in the past and still have it but no idea where it is. Now that I'm living with my son & family (pray that I can move out soon--PLEASE PRAY!!!--need money!!), most of my things are stacked in their basement. We bought the vacuum storage bags for my yarn and my DIL thinks I have enough to crochet an afghan that will wrap around the world.

Gotta go for now to get warm...I'm in my bedroom right with the door closed and it's freezing in here! :wcold  The door is closed because my DIL's 2-1/2 yr old great nephew is here and of course he gets into everything! 

Hope to bbl; if not, then maybe tomorrow.

:ghug

Hi all,

Jeannie- Prayers for you- that you can move out soon---Hugs

Cindy- I think I'll just stick with water and elbow grease too! My floors have a bit of a shine too! I think I'll do my cabinets this weekend with Murphy's. I think they could use it!

My oldest was in New Orleans  for a long weekend- and they flew home today- with about an hour delay and a welcome home in Boston of a foot of snow!!  And tomorrow's the first day of Spring!  They got 40 inches more than the average this winter. She can't wait till the warmer weather! I'm heading up the beginning of May- I have a conference for two days (Wed/Thurs) and then will extend the time up there to visit with her Fri-Mon. Looking forward to it.

Mary- I'll bet you had fun playing dinosaurs!! Ryan is into playing with cars and trucks and puzzles right now - and I have so much fun playing with him! Hoping to stop by tomorrow night after work to see the happy family.

For those of you on FB- DD posted pics of Robbie and I shared them on my wall!

Have a good night everyone!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Can't wait to see your shawl.

Mary, It's fun playing with the little ones.

Joanne, I'm glad you live close to the boys to. They are so much fun.

Cindy, I hope spring is early this year. It's going to be really hard to come home from these 70-80's to anything colder.

Marisa, Your weekend sounds like a nice time.

Jeanne, Sorry for your loss and that you have been so sick. I hope you will be able to move out soon. Keeping you in my prayers.

Val, I've seen yarn at big lots a couple of times, but nothing that I would of used.

Sherry, :bday :bday :bday I hope you had a great day today!

I've been having trouble getting on here lately. Are connection is very slow or won't connect at all. There is only two of us using the internet. We don't use the parks internet, but I'm about ready to.

I've been busy. Sunday we were up at the hall all day. Dinner was really good. They played beanbag baseball after dinner. So it was a long day. Plus I got a headache and my neck and upper back was bothering for some reason. Aleeve wasn't touching it. Yesterday I went to the jam and didn't crochet. I didn't want to aggravate anything. Saturday night we went up and played bingo. That only last 2 hours, but I know I can't play it again. It's to much looking down. I have to wonder if that is what caused my problems sunday.

Today was my last pt appt. I'm a little concerned about that, but not much I can do about it. I just home things get better.

I'm going to start a round ripple tomorrow. I'll be using blue and white. I've tried a couple of other patterns and I didn't care for them. I know the rr goes fast and it's my favorite. My friend I helped start a rr is doing hers in blue and white and it is beautiful. I'm going to copy her layout of how she did her rows.

Have a good wednesday.

Good morning. I'm up early for some reason. However, it's too early fir dh, and even the dog won't get up with me.

Jeannie, I hope things work out so that you can be on your own again.

Marlene, I'm ready for spring too. It snowed all day yesterday, but it's supposed to be warmer the rest of the week. Hope your neck improves with rest. Are any of the PT exercises things you can do on your own?

Joanne hope you get to see your grandsons today.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. I have a load of towels to wash, and some vacuuming to do, but all of it will not take more than an hour. I did not do any crafting at all yesterday. Maybe today...

Good morning ladies :hi

I didn't realize until I was leaving last night that I never got in here yesterday :think  I had a couple patients in the morning and then went over to see my chiro :yes  Tonight I have a leader meeting for Knit the Bridge.  I don't have any patients scheduled today, but it's the only day this week :shrug  Not much going on otherwise.

Cindy - Glad you didn't have to go anywhere after you got the snow/ice.  We use a mixture of water and vinegar on our floors and it gives them a shine :yes  Wow, you've been getting a lot of housework done lately :clap  How's your BICO coming along?

Linda - Great haul on the yarn :woo  I just had chinese the other day, hope you enjoyed your leftovers!

Jeannie - Glad to hear from you.  I hear you about wanting to move out, I've been living with my sister and her bf for a year and a half now and am anxious to have my own space again :yes  Sending you prayers :hug

Joanne - Good idea to stay home with the weather instead of heading out :yes  I missed the pics of fb, but will look for them!  Glad to hear that dd made it home safely!

Val - Keep safe with the storms down there, sounds like a good day shopping :yes

Sherry - :birthday I hope you had a great day!  What did the GS's end up getting you?  Did they bring you something yummy home too?

Mary - Oh, I'm sure you enjoyed watching Zach and then playing with Luke :manyheart

Marlene - Sorry the internet is slow for you!  Have fun making your RR and I hope your neck is feeling better :hug

'Afternoon, House. :waving  I've been on the go since early morning and I'm now ready to goof off. :lol

Marlene ~ Oh, I hope your neck and back are much better today. :hug  After seeing your pictures the other day, I've been wanting to start another RR, too. :yes  Looking forward to seeing your next one!

Cindy ~ More snow!  I know you guys always have lots of it, but hopefully you're about finished for this year. :)

Jeannie ~ Sending hugs :hug  your way.  I hope it won't be too long until you can have your own place again. :manyheart  

Joanne ~ How is the new little guy doing? :c9

Hi Marisa!

I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday! :ghug

Hi All!!  Had a great time last night with my family.  Youngest DD made spaghetti, oldest DD made strawberries for the cake, and DH bought a cake.  The each grandson bought me a bunch of tulips (fake ones) and a puzzle book, youngest DD got me a Chili's gift card and Target card, Oldest DD got me a Walmart gift card.  DH couldn't find what he wanted--no one would help him (He was looking for earrings and necklace to replace what I lost in the break in).  But it's ok, we'll look this weekend maybe.  I also need to update my iphone.  It's turning off the programs I'm in and other strange stuff.  So I'm going to upgrade to a newer one. 

Joanne - Hope you've had some snuggle time with the boys! 

Marisa - sounds like a busy day!

Marlene - hope your neck and back get better soon. 

Cindy - hope your snow disappears soon!  Spring is here--well it's supposed to be here!!  LOL

I got payroll done last night and today got some things entered on the computer.  So glad that I'm able to get some things done here at home so I won't be so far behind when I get back to work next week.  They are counting down the days--they told me I can't take off anymore.  Told them they are safe for the rest of this year, as I've used all my vacation time. 

Well, I'd better go and do my excercises!  Have a great day and evening!!

Good evening housemates!

I woke up with a headache/earache this morning.  It's gone now but it took it's time leaving.  Like Mary, I've been running all day.  Took Meds for pain and I was going to check in before we left and got sidetracked.

We went to Sam's and bought about $500 in groceries.  We got started around 11.  We went in walmart and picked up a few items there.  We got home in time to unload the car and it was time to pick DGN up from bustop.  She then attended dance class.  Had to pick up DNep.  Whew!

My sister cooked lasagna, garlic toast and I toast a salad for dinner.

Marlene - I'm sorry you're in pain.  I hope you get rid of it soon.  Looking forward to seeing pictures of the rr.

Sherry - Glad you enjoyed your birthday.

Joanne - I saw the pictures...Robbie is beautiful.

Cindy - I hope Spring come quickly for you all.  We're having a very cool beginning.

Well, I'm off to look at Criminal Minds.

Have a good night housemates :ghug .

Jeannie, good to hear from you.  As with you and Marisa, I too, would like to be back on my own.  I live with my sister and her offspring.  She smokes and I'm allergic to it.  We also do things totally different.  I like to getter down and enjoy the rest of the day...they drag everything out.  Praying for you and request that you do the same for me.  This too shall pass. :hug

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, It sounds like you had a nice birthday with your family.

Val, Wow, that's a lot of groceries.

Cindy, I was early this morning to.

Judy, I hope all is well.

Linda, I hope all is well with you to.

Joanne, Did you stop to see the boys tonight? I hope so!

Marisa, Did you have a good turn out for the bridge club tonight?

Thanks for the nice compliments on my projects. I forgot to mention we took St.Patrick's decorations down and put Easter up. We have a lighted blue Easter tree. It has bunnies on it. I'll have to take a pic and share it with you's. I have to say I think of all the decorating I've been on I think the Easter is the nicest. She over does with Valentines and St.Patrick's decorations.

Had crafts this morning. I taught one of the ladies how I do my ruffle scarves. Another one came to see how I do mine. We work together in the kitchen and I told her I watched a lot of videos on you tube. That's what she did, and is doing well. Another lady came in and wants me to show her how I do mine. That will happen next week.

Today we went to a cookout. One couple here has a cookout every year. This was the 15th year.

Tomorrow we have the appreciation dinner. Were having steak or chicken, twice baked potatoes, strawberry shortcake and I don't know what else. Then we have a potluck for Easter and were done with meals.

Friday night starts are relay for life event. The guy in charge of it announced we were 146.00 short of 10,000.00. He collected it and some. It's going to be a nice day and night for it to. Are low is only getting down to 70.

Hope everyone has a nice thursday!

Quick stop in a the clock is ticking!

Didn't get a chance to see the boys last night- I didn't leave work til 6:45!! The good thing? It was still light out!!! Two late nights in a row. Hoping to get out on time tonight and pay a quick visit. We'll see how that pans out! A few of my co-workers bought gifts and I'd like to deliver them.

It was hard to believe it was the first day of spring yesterday- it was mighty chilly around here! And there's talk of a storm next Mon-Tues! Guess March wants to go out like a lion!

I'll try and get back here later on this evening and catch up on all the goings on!

Have a great day!

Good morning. I am scheduled to work today, but got put on call. Chances are good that I will be called in at some point. In an ICU one patient can mean needing another nurse.

It snowed here all day yesterday and, judging by the look of things outside, it snowed during the night as well. It's still quite gloomy out.

I'm worried about Judy? Did she mention she would be gone?

Good morning housemates!

Cindy, I don't remember Judy saying anything about being away.  I'm worried as well.  I hope you get to stay home that is unless you want to go to work.

Marlene - Remember, Sam's sells bulk.  We were out of a lot of things and there are 5 of us.  We also each drink different brands of water and each got our own...the same with soda.  We did get a lot of meat and probably enough of the small bagged snacks to take my DGN through the rest of the school year.  Your appreciation dinner sounds delicious.  What do you do about meals after Easter?  Does each person cook for their own household?

Joanne - Yes, it must be nice to leave work and it's still daylight.  I'm sorry you haven't been able to get to see your boys.  Hopefully, you'll get a chance today.

Linda - Be careful.  It's not going to warm up here for a few days!

Judy - We're worried about you!

Marisa, Sherry, Mary :ghug .

It is very cold here and will be through Monday at least.  We're expecting some kind of mixture on tomorrow.  They say it won't stick but you never know.

Have a terrific Thursday all :ghug .

Val, I don't mind going to work, but I'd rather stay home! The only bad thing about it is that I am subconsciously expecting the phone to ring any minute, and that distracts me a bit from what I'm doing.

It's still freezing cold here, but at least it's not snowing. Marlene, I envy you that lovely weather.

Spoke too soon...snowing hard here. Still no call from work, guess I'd better start doing something more productive than online shopping. I haven't bought anything yet....but I do have just a few things bookmarked.........

Archived