Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning!

It is sooooo cold here.  We had snow flurries when I drove my DNei to work this morning at 5.  We're to have a few more days of tis.

Cindy, I hope our delayed Spring doesn't affect what happens in your area.  I'm trying my best to stay warm. Tried to get my sister to build a fire in the fireplace.  Enjoy your day off.

Marlene, I tried working with the pound of love yarn I have on hand and it reminds me of the Simply Soft.  It's splitting.  I'm having more luck with the RHSS these days.  Have fun teaching the ladies to crochet.

Joanne, I hope paradise is kinder to you today.

Linda, all your projects are wonderful.  I hope you don't go into shock when you step outside with Sweet Pea.  I'm happy for Kim's recovery. 

Marisa, Sherry, Mary, Judy :ghug .  Thinking of you guys!

Have a good day mates...BBL!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Sherry ~ Oh my - so sorry about the trip to the ER!  I hope you're okay and able to get extra rest time at work. :hug

Linda ~ Pictures! :clap   The helmet liners will be much appreciated.  The cross stitch is so very pretty, as is the shawl.  What yarn did you use for the shawl?  Kim is amazing...glad she's back home now!

Cindy ~ Enjoy your day off! :manyheart

Valerie ~ Snow flurries!!  I hope you all warm up soon - we're supposed to be in the 70's later in the week and I'm ready. :yes

Marlene ~ Your last jam session sounds like a good one. :)   Everyone loves the Ruffle scarves and it's so nice that you're able to help others with them.

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :manyheart

Hi, all!!! Picture me waving. None of my buttons at the top of the "Reply to this topic" box are working. Any ideas? Picture me scratching my head.

Thanks for the comments on my projects. I've had to have a good light when doing counted cross-stitch for years so that's not new. And I've had to tak off my glasses to see it clearly for years, too, so that's not new either. It takes a lot of time, but I find that I can do it when my hands are too achy to crochet, so may be doing more of it. I've certainly got all the stuff to pick it right back up. :) :) :) 

The yarn in the prayer shawl is two skeins of Lion Brand Homespun. I have one in gold over half-way done. And I have the yarn for another one in those same blues. It's what I call my "No-Brainer" pattern. Once the starting chain and first row are done it's the same set of stitches over and over again. I was working on it at the church dinner on Sunday and one of the guys said, "She's not even looking at it!" :) Of course, I was paying attention to the talk and looking at the people talking. So what else is new?

It doesn't feel as cold here today as it did yesterday, but that may just be because the wind has calmed down a lot. Still very chilly for this time of year.

Hope you have a great day. 

Hi Linda!  I've known several people who can knit and/or crochet without looking at their hands...NOT ME. :lol  

As far as the buttons in the reply box...there is an arrow in the top right-hand corner of the box. If you click it, the buttons will go away - or come back.  If that isn't it, I have no idea. ;)   Earlier, I hit the "like" button on your picture post and got an error message - it said I had used up my quota for the day!? 

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I started reading through the posts at about 10:30.  Off and on I get sidetracked into something else.  Anyways, sorry I didn't get in yesterday.  I came in late because I stayed at the house for the cleaning people since Bean is back at work now and then I hit the gym.  It was probably pushing 2:00 til I came in and then I was catching up paperwork from Saturday.  I had 4 patient's in the morning,  one cancelled but a couple brought one of their mothers with them so it all worked out well.  So, then Steph picked me up and I ran some errands with her and when she dropped me back off about 2 hours later I stayed and input most of the paperwork, all except that one.  And then yesterday after entering that one, I had 4 patients again.  I had 2 scheduled and then 2 called to see if they could come in....must have been something in the air....Maybe something like cold and wet and snow

Other than that I had a fairly low key weekend and got some sewing in on the drawstring bags for my baby shower gift.

Sherry - Hoping that today goes better for you at work and glad to hear your feeling better after the bladder infection scare.  I'm sure the dinner and egg hunt will work out great.

Joanne - So glad you were able to finally see the boys :manyheart  While you're celebrating your dd's birthday Easter weekend, we'll be celebrating Sloan's, which was just yesterday.  He had a sleepover with some friends from school on the weekend, so it'll be the family celebrating this weekend.

Linda - WTG on the helmet liners and the prayer shawl, they are all awesome. Sounds like you know what you want and it's definitely a good idea to go over it with your daughter and have it in writing :hug  So glad to get a report on Kim!

Val - How is that Japanese pattern coming along?  Hope you're keeping warm.  My cousins family is all 'J's too :lol

Cindy - Enjoy your day off and here's hoping that the rest of the week isn't too crazy for you :hug

Mary - I bet Luke's birthday party was a blast :yes  How did Gracie's vet appt go?  and DH's eye appt?

Marlene - Glad to hear the Relay for Life event went well.  Prayers for your uncle and your cousin :hug  I was eyeing up yarn for a ruffle scarf yesterday, but didn't succomb to the calling :lol 

Hmmmm,  it made me erase a pile of my emoticons! :(  And I only had about 15! 

I know, I know.....I'm addicted to the little guys

But they are just so stinkin cute

And they relay my feelings about something :blush:lol

Hi all - first full day back at work.  Tired but not too bad.  I'm hoping DH will go back to work tomorrow since he's on unpaid family leave.  A lot of problems to solve but it will get done.  Merger is still a work in progress and will probably be the death of me yet.    No crocheting yet, although I could probably take a square for my sweater and work on it.  Today I just read a book on my phone at lunch. 

I'm so ready for warmer weather.  The 7 day here shows 72 on Monday and then high of 40 on Tuesday brrrrr.  I'm afraid that once we get out of the cold cycle it's gonna be another hot summer.

The Easter dinner and egg hunt went well.  The boys had a good time.  The littlest one is sick--probably has strep so I'm hoping I don't get it.  I'm taking an antibotic for the bladder infection but if my throat starts to hurt, will call the dr and tell him.  Can't afford to get sick now.

Well, I'd better go and rest my leg.  Had PT tonight and I'm almost at goal!!!!  I can bend it on my own to 90 degrees and with help to 108.  I need to be at 120.  So still lots of hard work, but it will be there soon!

Have a great evening all!! 

Hi Ladies,

Linda, All your projects are great. The cross stitch piece is going to be awesome when finished. Glad Kim is doing so well.  She sure is a fighter. It's nice that they stay in touch with you.

Cindy, I hope you had a nice relaxing day today and easy week at work. I have a few exercises I can do at home for my neck and back.

Val, The yarn isn't splitting on me, but the way it sheds it would certainly give Julie a bad day of breathing. I don't think I will buy it again.

Joanne, Hope the rest of your work week is an easy one.

Marisa, Four seems to be your lucky number lately with patients. :clap

Mary, Hope DH's eye appt went well.

Sherry, Glad your work day wasn't to bad on you. You'll be up to 120 before you know it.

I went and met Sunny and showed her how I do the ruffle scarf. We actually had to do it differently because she bought a different brand it's holes were very large compared to sashay. She bought yarn bee's brand. It was very colorful. It was the primary colors. I crocheted on the rr and frogged 4 rows and redid them. DD called me this morning needing some info, then I talked to Maya. I had to cut her short. I took Daisy out and we had a water fountain coming out of the ground across the street.

Someone hit a water line and broke it. Last night just before 11 I seen car lights come down are street. That is very unusal at that time of night on are street. You don't see to many people out after nine around here. I heard a crash. It sounded like someone hit the neighbors pole barn. I never heard doors shut. I decided I better look and make sure are bikes were still around. They were. I talked to the neighbor across from me this morning and he said he didn't hear anything. I talked to my friend across the street and they heard it to, but she couldn't get her husband to go check it out. She is legally blind so she wasn't going to be able to tell. The owner said the water hadn't been running all night. He fixed it and thanked me for calling.

Maya did call back after school and she was chatty again. She asked her Mom for books for Easter.

I have crafts in the morning. Hope everyone has a nice wednesday!

Hi, all. I spent some time with Rosie and John tonight. I picked up a pashmina for Rosie for Easter and she sounded like she needed a boost now so gave it to her early. I had picked up some orange marmalade for John. Also took them a package of wild rice soup mix to try. Mine turned out super good. We spent quite a while sorting and wrapping coins.

And I picked up a new statue with dragon to go with my oriental statue collection. There is a new shop over by our Goodwill which is an oriental import store. They had a "Help Wanted" sign in the window, so I inquired. They are looking for someone part-time, which is what I would like. The fact that I'm older was also a plus as they've had teenagers who didn't work out. He made very sure that he had my name and number before I left the store. So I may have found myself a part-time job. The fact that I was looking for afternoons and/or evenings was also a plus. I've got my fingers crossed. It really looks like a store that I'd enjoy working in.

I went to the Goodwill store while out, too. I bought half a dozen large sheets to use as fabric for my quilts. 4+ yards of material for about $2.50 total is hard to beat. Also got a king-sized blanket to use as quilt batting. And a turquoise sweater and a grey sweat-shirt with orange dragons on the front. And it all came to only $27.00. Tuesday is senior day, so everything not already at half off is 25% off for seniors (60 or more.)

Marisa, your practice is really taking off. Congratulations! I'm so proud of you.

Marlene, it will be time to go back up north before you know it and then you and Maya can be together again. :)

Sherry, congrats on getting your knee to bend that far already. You are doing great!!! Glad the antibiotic is helping the urinary tract infection and sure do hope that you don't get strep throat.

We have a mostly clear night and boy is it cold outside! BRRRRR!!!! It's supposed to be in the 20s again tonight. Yuck!!!!

Have a good night and a great day tomorrow. Hugs!!!

Hi all and Happy Hump Day!

Had a long day in Paradise yesterday and didn't get home till 7- we had dinner and then watched "The Voice" I'm loving the new coaches, Usher and Shakira! I worked on the RR--one more round and I'm going to call it finished.

Linda- The job sounds ideal! Good luck! You surely scored at Goodwill yesterday!!!! That was sweet of you to give Rosie her Easter gift early- I'm sure it was most appreciated! Wow- the temps in GA are colder than they are here! We had beautiful blue skies yesterday and the temps started to warm up- I actually felt like we may have spring after all! Great news on Kim--she sure is a fighter!

Marlene- I'll bet you had fun teaching someone to make those ruffle scarves. Sorry you had to rip back 4 rows on the RR. It's never fun to have to visit the frog pond!!! I always gave my DD's books in their Easter basket and have started the same tradition with my grandsons. I love it when children love to read!!!

DH just woke up- and as early as it is, he started talking- so off I go--

Judy- Thinking of you --and miss you in the house!

Good morning!

Brrrr.... :wcold .  It is so cold outside.  Spring oh Spring, where are YOU?

Going to pick up my buttons today.  I am excited.

I woke up with a headache on the right side of my head/face.  I think it's weather/allergy related.

Joanne, have a good day in paradise.  I hope you don't have a long day today.

Linda, I hope you get the job.  That was sweet of you to cheer Rosie up.  How's John's mending coming along?

Sherry, great progress for you.  I hope gs feels better soon and that you don't get strep.

Marisa, wtg on the growth of your business.  I made the flower.  it was fairly easy once I figured out the amount of chain I needed.  It is totally different from the way I made the roses for my bedspread.

Marlene, I don't think I will buy anymore of it either.  Maya is missing you.

Mary, I'm ready for warm weather too.  We finally got up to 31 just now.  We will be cold thru Sunday and then we get rain.

Judy, thinking of you... :hug .

Have a great day housemates!  BBL!

My joints hurt so badly last night that sleep was a long time coming. As Val said, it is COLD!!! And that does nasty things to the joints. I'm making good progress on the counted cross-stitch. Have a great day.

Hi House. :)   I've been in slow motion all day. :rolleyes:turtle

Valerie ~ I hope you had a good shopping trip!  Did they have the buttons you wanted?

Marlene ~ How was the turnout at crafts this a.m?  Have you all decided when you will head North?  I hope you go home to lovely Spring-like weather!

Sherry ~ You are doing great with your recovery! :cheer  Hopefully, the antibiotics will keep you from getting anything from the grandkids. :manyheart

Linda ~ Oh, I hope the joint pain has eased up some. :hug   Keeping fingers crossed that you get the job!

Marisa ~ You've had a lot of patients lately!  WTG!  :clap  

Some of you asked about DH's eye appt. - thank you. :manyheart   Sadly, the left eye (it has been compensating for the right eye)  is failing quickly now.  It has stayed about the same for months and the doctor has been shocked at that - but it was just a matter of time.  In the near future, he will have to stop driving - which means retirement.  So, we have lots of changes coming up. :yes

I think it's crochet time! 

Good afternoon housemates :hi

I know it's late.  I came in and saw a patient this morning, then got some things together and went to pick up Averie & Sloan for their early dismissal at 11:15.  Ingrid was working and just picked them up a little while ago.  We ordered a pizza since they didn't have lunch before leaving school for the day and while Ingrid packed them snacks, they needed some food food :think

We had a great turnout for the KtB group last night and tonght we're having a meeting with just the core people that was rescheduled from last Friday.

Sherry - Glad to hear your making progress, sounds like you're doing well.  Hoping you don't get strep :xfin

Marlene - Good think you heard all the commotion and water!  How great of you to show Sunny how to make the ruffle scarf :manyheart

Linda - Hoping you get the job, it sounds like a great fit for you :yes  Hope your joints are feeling better!  How is John doing?

Joanne - Hopefully you'll get home at a reasonable time tonight instead of being stuck late :xfin

Val - Did you get your buttons?  I hope you're headache is feeling better :hug

Mary - Oh boy, I remember you talking about DH's eyes a long time ago and knew that it was just a matter of time on that, but that doesn't make the changes any easier :hug

Another late night! Oh, well.....

Mary- Hugs to you and DH---I do remember you mentioning the eyesight issue. You are right- soon, no driving- and then retirement- wishing you both all the best---just think- more grandson time for DH!!!

Linda and Val- Hope the weather warms up down there in GA so you both don't ache so much! Hugs!

Marisa- Hope you are having fun at the meeting!  That was nice of you to get them some 'food food'!!!

Cindy- Hope you had a good day at work.

I'm going to try and finish the RR tonight- I'm kind of tired, so we'll see how that goes. If not tonight, then it MUST get done tomorrow night since the baby shower is Friday at work!

Thank you for the hugs, Marisa and Joanne! :manyheart   Lots of details to work on, but after 41 years we'll figure it all out. :)

Marisa ~ I bet the kids loved having pizza with you!

Joanne ~ Deadline time!  I know you'll finish the RR in time.  How is baby Robbie? :c9

Has anyone heard from Tammy?  I've thought about her a lot  and hope they're okay. 

I'm planning another afghan...I think I'll order Bernat Waverly since our Joann's carry very little of it and no one else stocks it here. 

See you all tomorrow! :manyheart

I'm heading for bed early tonight. They were trimming trees here at the apartment complex today. Sweet Pea went a little nuts when they were working just outside the apartment, but otherwise did fine. I've got most of the hummy filled in now. The end is definitely in sight.

Oh, Mary, those are fabulous pictures of Luke and his dinosaurs. My son was really into dinosaurs for a very long time, and my GS likes them too.  So sorry to hear that DH's eyesight is deteriorating so quickly. I'm sure you'll get things figured out and adjust to a new way of living together. Hugs to both of you.

Good morning!!

I finished the RR last night!!! :clap  I'll take a picture before I package it up.

Mary- What a great cake- and Luke looks thrilled with all those dinosaurs!!! Right now, Ryan is very into his cars and trucks! I'm hoping to be able to stop on my way home tonight to see my GS. I'll see how tired I am- I know for sure I won't be leaving until 5:30 or so since I have late afternoon meetings.

Linda- WTG on the cross stitch!! Can't wait to see it when it's all finished.

Hope you all have a great Thursday! Hugs to all! :ghug

Good morning everyone. Off to work shortly. Today is a teaching day.

Mary, so sorry to hear about Dh's vision. I know that it was just a matter of time, but it still has to be disappointing. How is dh doing with this?

Love the Luke pictures. My grandsons are into dinosaurs too. The middle one is crazy about anything John Deere, as his other grandpa has a small farm.

Marisa, it's so exciting to hear how your practice is growing.

Sherri, glad you made it through a whole day at work.

Joanne, I'm sory that work is keeping you so busy. I don't know how you do it. I'm working four days this week, instead of my usual two or three, and I'm tired just thinking about it!

Linda, WTG on almost finishing the cross stitch. I can't find the one I did for my mom, but it was similar.

Val, hope today is a good day for you.

Marlene, your busy retired life makes me tired!

Judy and Tam, thinking about you.

Good Morning, House. :)   Thanks for the hugs, everyone.  We've been planning for this as much as we could.  DH loves his job and doesn't want to leave...that will probably be the most difficult thing.

Linda ~ Gracie goes nuts when anyone is doing noisy work outside and she hates the garbage trucks. :lol   Luke's daddy remembers the names of every dinosaur and Luke knows them all now.  He may leave out a syllable - such long words! ;)

Cindy ~ I hope your "teaching" day goes well. :yes  

Joanne ~ Yay for finishing the RR! Looking forward to pictures. :cheer  I hope you get to see the boys this evening. :c9

I really need to run errands, shop for groceries, etc.  Better get moving!  Have a great morning, friends. :manyheart

Good morning housemates :hi

Well, I'm feeling sluggish and I think it's because I haven't been sleeping well :think I've only been to the gym once this week :eek  I had a patient this morning and then I just spoke with his insurance company to see what I need to send them with the HCFA because I've never had to actually send them anywhere.  He was in an auto accident and although that's all I did in Philly, we used an outside billing company so I wasn't exposed to those procedures.  And with my health insurance patients, it's all done electronically, but I'd have to add on stuff to my account to bill auto insurances electronically as well and it's just not a necessity at this point....so, you learn something new every day!  I have to run to the bank and the market soon, I'm making dinner tonight and I found a recipe online I'm going to try out....I just hope it's good :xfin  I have to be back here by 2 because I have walk in hours 2-4 and then a new patient scheduled for 5.  I have a fairly lengthy to-do list and definitely need to dust and vacuum here.

Joanne - WTG finishing your RR, can't wait to see the pic!

Mary - I've seen a random picture here and there from Tam on FB, but nothing consistent.  I can't believe how big Luke has gotten, he is such a cutie :manyheart

Linda - WTG on your cross stitch!  Glad to hear the workers weren't too loud.

Cindy - I hope your class goes well!

I'll probably check back a bit later. 

Oh, the meeting was good last night.  It was much different from the leader meetings.  This one was going over all the details.  One guy is working on a system to keep track of all the panels and where they came from....it amazes me what some people can do with a computer and generating whole systems/forms/databases.  The guy who's running tests with the materials and how they'll hold up in the 'elements' was there.  The lady who's the mediator between us and the attorney/county.  So there's a lot going on.  It was definitely more 'formal'.  So, I guess it's official that I'm in the core group of all this....just kind of ended up there, not that I mind.  Once the guy finishes up with the database I'll be getting user priviledges to input the info of whatever gets dropped off here.  Right now only 2 people are handling that and things are going to come by quicker as time moves on so I said that I can help out with that.  Since I'm a drop off point anyways, I said that I can add them in on my downtime since I'm here anyways and that will help their burden a bit.

Hi, everyone. Rosie's daughter, Andria, invited me to spend Easter with them. I'll be taking a desert, a trifle. I've made them in the past but it's been a long time. They make a really nice, light ending to a big meal.

It's a bit warmer today, which is really nice.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Tonight is prayer shawl group.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I hope you get the job. I think you would be a good fit. You found some bargains at goodwill. It was nice of you to give Rosie her Easter gift early. I'm glad Rosie's daughter invited you for Easter. Have a fun time with the prayer shawl group tonight.

Mary, We had four of us for crafts. Suna and another lady Carol were knitting the ruffle scarves. Vereen was crocheting one and I was crocheting on the rr. Friday night we have ladies night and we are going to have a bunch of us there. Some will be learning to knit the ruffle scarves and some will be learning to crochet them. Almost all the kitchen ladies will be there learning.

I think we will be heading home around the 15th. We will stop and spend a day or so with DH's sister up by Houston.

Sorry you and DH are going to have to make some life changes before he's ready to. Remember were here for you. :hug

Luke's cake is cute. My SIL's GS is into dinosaurs every since he was young like Luke and he knows all about other animals.

Joanne, Sorry your having to work long days. Congrats on finishing your rr. Hope you get to see the GS tonight.

Cindy, Hope your teaching class went by quick today.

Marisa, It's nice that your going to be able to help the group. Especially since your a drop off.

Val, Did you get your buttons? Hope you warm up soon. Is your family coming for Easter or are you guys going there?

Judy, Know were thinking of you and miss you. :hug

Sherry, I hope all is going well for you.

I talked to one of my brothers this morning for about an hour. He asked me for a couple of recipes that were from are Grandma's. He likes to cook and experiment. We discussed celebrating are Dad's 80th birthday in September. I have to chat with the rest of them about it. I had wanted to take pictures of us growing up and make us quilts, but I changed my mind and going to do books. So I have to get them getting there pictures around and marking them for us. I think around graduation time they will probably be some good prices on them. A couple here there DD's did that for them for there 50th anniversary. It was a nice gift.

Suna took the ladies out to lunch for are birthdays. We went to the next town over and went to a buffet place then went shopping at Beall's (I got a pair of earrings there), Walmart (I got a K crochet hook and insulated cup). Many of them bought the sashay yarn.

What is everyone's Easter plans? I'll catching you all later. Have a nice evening!

Good evening Housemates!

Just checking in.  I did get rid of the headache yesterday after taking medicine. 

I also purchased $17 worth of buttons.  I have to go back tomorrow and get a blue, pink, orange one & 2 small black beady ones..  I've gotten the ladybug 100%.  The giraffe has button but I need to re-attach the ears.  They were not jiving together.    The dog is complete except for embroidering the mouth...I haven't done this on crochet.  I have to sew the ears on the rabbit hats and finish up the duckling.  They're only small minor things...so pictures maybe this weekend or at least first of next week.

Mary - So sorry about DH's eye and the fact that he has to leave work and does not want to.  Lifting you guys up in prayer. :hug .  Just remember that this too shall pass and you'll be all the more stronger.  Luke is really growing.  I loved the cake.  My nephews loved dinosaurs as well when they were younger.  Jackson also knows the name of all them.

Linda - Enjoy your meeting tonight.  Hope you sleep better now that it's warming up some.  WTG on the cross stitching.  Looking forward to seeing the completed picture.

Marisa - WTG on a new patient.  Pizza sounds very good being as I am starving right about now. 

Joanne - Sorry you're having to work long hours.  I hope that you're with your GSs as I type this message.  Looking forward to seeing pictures of the rr.  Glad you were able to complete it.  Hope you're able to get some rest this weekend even though you're having a family get together.

Marlene - your little craft groups sounds like a lot of gun.  Will it be warm when you return?  My sisters are not coming for Easter.  We're having our family home restored from a fire a few years back.  They will probably come a few weeks after Easter.  My DGN will be on Spring break the week after Easter.  She is not going to Bama because she will be testing the week after to determine if she moves to the 4th grade.

Cindy - I hope all is well with you.  I'm sure your class was a success.  How are you feeling.  Is that bug you had a few weeks back completely gone?

Sherry, Judy & the rest of the house :ghug .

Have a good evening everyone!

Archived