Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had 5 (yes 5) earthquakes since 2 a.m. this morning!!!  The first 4 didn't wake me or they didn't shake the part of the city I live in.  But at 5:15, we had a BIG earthquake, measured 4.3 or 4.7 (they haven't decided yet what it was).  Heard a big boom and then the house was shaking.  Not a good way to wake up!!   Give me a thunderstorm any day--you can see them coming!

Good morning,

Sherry, I hope all is well.  I can't imagine being awakened by an earthquake.  I prefer thundersoms too as long as nobody loses power or lives.  Be careful.

Off to do some work.

:ghug to everyone at the house!

BBL!

We have had 5 (yes 5) earthquakes since 2 a.m. this morning!!!  The first 4 didn't wake me or they didn't shake the part of the city I live in.  But at 5:15, we had a BIG earthquake, measured 4.3 or 4.7 (they haven't decided yet what it was).  Heard a big boom and then the house was shaking.  Not a good way to wake up!!   Give me a thunderstorm any day--you can see them coming!

Oh, my gosh, Sherri!  Glad you weren't hurt.

The tree pollen I'm  allergic to is now blooming.  So far the antihistamines are keeping it under control.  It's still overcast, but warmer today. 

Hope you all have a great day.

I finished my taxes a day late, but I don't owe anything and don't get anything back, so it's fine.  And using the calculations for this year, I won't earn enough on the new job this year to have any of the Social Security benefits taxable next year, so all is good.

'Afternoon, everyone. :waving  Errands are finished and I'm home - I think!  Dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday and they're running more tests.  My sister is there today and I'll go tomorrow if he's still there.

Sherry ~ Oh my, how frightening for you guys. :hug   There have been several small ones in the DFW area and there is some talk that they are related to all the gas well drilling.

Joanne ~ What a relief to know your DD is okay. :yes   None of us will ever understand how anyone could do these horrible things. :(

Linda ~ WTG on getting your taxes done!  I hope your allergies aren't too bad. :hug

Hi to Valerie, Cindy and anyone else I've missed.  I need to be cleaning, but crocheting sounds like much more fun. :hook

Good afternoon housemates :hi

My parents just left this morning after breakfast.  We went shopping yesterday and I got a light sweater and antoher tee on sale at Express both for about $26.  Sloan's communion party was a lot of fun and he's such a cutie pie.  Someone gave him a bible and he held onto it all day, apparently he was doing 'readings' for the other kids upstairs.....he keeps saying he wants to be the pope!  It's always great having my parents around and my mom said I need to move into my own place, one without so many steps :lol

Maryann's mom had her surgery on Friday and was being transferred to a rehab facility today last I heard, I do have to give her a call.  My dad got a call this morning that a guy he works with passed away last night/this morning.  They've worked together for 35-40 years, there's a few of them there that long.  He worked yesterday and they were wondering where he was today asking around the company, but nobody knew anything.  My dad was in his cell though and so his son called him to let my dad know and then my dad called the other guy in their dept.  My dad called the guys wife on his way home (because the phone kept breaking up and he was having trouble talking to the son) and found out that he had a heart attack when he got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.  He did have some chest pain last night and just went to bed.  He just turned 65 and was just talking about retiring :(  So again this week, I'm feeling shocked.  Between Maryann last week, my dads coworker this week and the marathon yesterday....I'm just in disbelief :eek

On that note, I was glad to see Joanne post on FB yesterday that her dd was safe....thankfully drinking coffee!  Also glad to hear that Cindy's nephew is safe as well!

Mary - Prayers for your father.  I don't blame you about the baby showers.

Cindy - Glad to hear dh is on the mend, but sorry he held up your market trip.  I love the baby sweater and am shocked at the snow!

Joanne - Beautiful shawl and great idea to make a bag with your hidden stash.

Val - Prayers for Nancy and her family!  Good luck with your thread, I'm going to be working with it too soon after working some other things on my list.

Sherry - Bitter sweet to say I'm glad PT is beating you up, but just because if it wasn't, then it wouldn't be helping :think  WTG with your exercises, stationary biking, and packing.  Small doses at a time is key.  I hope your meeting isn't too bad and thankfully your safe after your earthquakes!

Marlene - Have a safe trip!  'See' you when you get home.

Linda - So glad to hear that work is going well for you.  Good idea to keep an eye on how much you're making at your job so it doesn't affect your social security :yes

Hi all,

Today was kind of surreal when it hit me how close DD had come. Boston is a strong, resiliant city, though it breaks my heart. Puts lots of things in perspective.

She went into work today-so I'm going to give her a call in a bit to see how she did- she works right downtown, not to far from the site and I hear that 12 blocks are cordoned off!

Hugs to you all- :ghug

Hi everyone. Work today was okay, except that our computer system went down unexpectedly first thing this morning. Our IT department most definitely did not have any sort of well thought out plan in place for a prolonged outage, and it made for a chaotic, unorganized day. It did not come back up until just before I was to leave, so I opted to stay and enter my charting myself. I think it will be more accurate that way than having others enter it.

I'm off now until next Monday.

Joanne, hope your dd had an okay day at work.

The Boston bombing brings back all the memories of the Oklahoma City bombing.  Friday is the anniversary of that horrible day here. I cannot imagine why someone would do something so horrible.  The authorities are concerned about the marathan that they do here in memory of the victims.  I hope that they will continue to do it.

I think I heard that we'd had more earthquakes (maybe 2 or 3 more) here but not as big as the 4.3 one that happend at 5:15 a.m.!!  We didn't have any damage, but it's so scaryy to wake up to that feeling.

Marisa - thanks for the words about the PT.  I know it's supposed to hurt, but I could stand for a little less hurt!  Tomorrow is my day again.  Sounds like you had a great time with family!  Sorry to hear about your dad's coworker--that will be hard. 

Joanne - hope DD did ok at work today.  It's hard to go back to work when something like that has happened.  It took me a long time to be able to go downtown or go in a parking garage after the bombing here.

Cindy - I understand about computers not working--glad they got it fixed. 

Linda - hope your allergies don't get worse.  So far I'm doing ok, but the cottonwood hasn't bloomed yet and that's one that really gets me. 

Mary - sorry to hear about your dad.  Hope they find out what's going on with him.  Prayers said for him.

Hope you all have a good evening.  We're getting ready for thunderstorms with the possibility of tornadoes for tomorrow and then the next day it will be very, very cold (a freeze warning will be in effect).  Where oh where is spring???????????

Back to see everyone is and how your day went.  I'm sort of out of it with the Ash trees in bloom now.  I've done some drooling over fiber to spin and another spindle that is absolutely beautiful.  I did do some spinning today.

Good afternoon housemates :hi

My parents just left this morning after breakfast.  We went shopping yesterday and I got a light sweater and antoher tee on sale at Express both for about $26.  Sloan's communion party was a lot of fun and he's such a cutie pie.  Someone gave him a bible and he held onto it all day, apparently he was doing 'readings' for the other kids upstairs.....he keeps saying he wants to be the pope!  It's always great having my parents around and my mom said I need to move into my own place, one without so many steps :lol

Maryann's mom had her surgery on Friday and was being transferred to a rehab facility today last I heard, I do have to give her a call.  My dad got a call this morning that a guy he works with passed away last night/this morning.  They've worked together for 35-40 years, there's a few of them there that long.  He worked yesterday and they were wondering where he was today asking around the company, but nobody knew anything.  My dad was in his cell though and so his son called him to let my dad know and then my dad called the other guy in their dept.  My dad called the guys wife on his way home (because the phone kept breaking up and he was having trouble talking to the son) and found out that he had a heart attack when he got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.  He did have some chest pain last night and just went to bed.  He just turned 65 and was just talking about retiring :(  So again this week, I'm feeling shocked.  Between Maryann last week, my dads coworker this week and the marathon yesterday....I'm just in disbelief :eek

Sorry to hear about your dad's friend.

Hi all,

Today was kind of surreal when it hit me how close DD had come. Boston is a strong, resiliant city, though it breaks my heart. Puts lots of things in perspective.

She went into work today-so I'm going to give her a call in a bit to see how she did- she works right downtown, not to far from the site and I hear that 12 blocks are cordoned off!

Hugs to you all- :ghug

Hope work went well for DD.

Hi everyone. Work today was okay, except that our computer system went down unexpectedly first thing this morning. Our IT department most definitely did not have any sort of well thought out plan in place for a prolonged outage, and it made for a chaotic, unorganized day. It did not come back up until just before I was to leave, so I opted to stay and enter my charting myself. I think it will be more accurate that way than having others enter it.

I'm off now until next Monday.

Joanne, hope your dd had an okay day at work.

I'm with you.  I'd much rather enter my own information my way than have someone else do it for me.  Enjoy your time off.

The Boston bombing brings back all the memories of the Oklahoma City bombing.  Friday is the anniversary of that horrible day here. I cannot imagine why someone would do something so horrible.  The authorities are concerned about the marathan that they do here in memory of the victims.  I hope that they will continue to do it.

I think I heard that we'd had more earthquakes (maybe 2 or 3 more) here but not as big as the 4.3 one that happend at 5:15 a.m.!!  We didn't have any damage, but it's so scaryy to wake up to that feeling.

Hope you all have a good evening.  We're getting ready for thunderstorms with the possibility of tornadoes for tomorrow and then the next day it will be very, very cold (a freeze warning will be in effect).  Where oh where is spring???????????

Where, oh where, is spring, indeed?  Hope the thunderstorms and tornadoes pass you by.

Good Morning!  Just a qucik hello before I get ready for work.  Theysaid on the news this morning that we had 59 earthquakes yesterday here in good ol' Oklahoma!!!  They measured from 1.2 to 4.7.  Unbelieveable!! 

Linda  - hope you do ok today with your allergies. 

Today is payday and I didn't think about that when they made my PT appointment.  Oh well, it might be late today before they get their checks unless I have the timesheets when I get there. 

Hope all of you have a great day today!! 

Good Morning, House.♥  I've just read through posts and hope all is well.  I'll be gone for the day and am taking an overnight bag just in case I need to stay closer to Dad. They aren't saying when he might go home.  DH is working from home this week, so he can take care of Gracie and Zoe.

I may take my laptop, but if I don't check in - take care and have a good day! :manyheart 

Sherry ~ How scary for you all! :hug   We're supposed to have rough weather tonight and tomorrow a.m.  Keeping fingers crossed that it misses both of us!  

Good morning housemates :hi

Last night I finished up my drawstring bags for the baby shower gift for this Saturday.  Of course my sister didn't get her blanket done so now mine will be from us both.  I'd do the blanket, but don't think it would get done by Saturday given the amount of time I have to actually work on it :think  Steph and Bean got rained out at the Pirates game last night.  I sat down to eat and heard the thunder roaring, then the lightening started.  I didn't even know it was supposed to storm :eek  I told them to let me know if they wanted a ride and so I went to pick them up around 9.  It was still pouring although they didn't technically postpone the game at that point, they decided even if they did start to play again they'd have to leave anyways.  They didn't brink their ponchos last night.  I ran out to get them in lounging capris and rain boots! :rofl  I looked pretty funny, but I was only in the car.

I had a patient at 8 this morning, did that paperwork and had breakfast.  Now am enjoying my coffee with you.  I have another patient coming at 10 and this afternoon I'll run to the bank and the market.  I'm making stuffed peppers tonight for dinner.  And I think I need to stop in Rite Aid, but can't remember why.  My mom's starting to regress again, but of course they are trying to wein the steroids again :sigh  She's doubting she'll go on the wine tour with us next week and she's so discouraged she doesn't want to do anything anymore.  My sister's yelling at her to call the doc and then my mom's yelling at her that what difference does it make because regardless she has to get off the steroids and blah blah blah.  Between the 2 of them, I don't know what to tell either anymore :sigh

Joanne - Hoping dd got through her workday alright and without too much mental stress :hug

Cindy - Oh boy, I would've done the same....staying to add my own charting in :yes  Enjoy your time off now, are you doing anything fun?

Sherry - We have our marathon on May 5th, so I'm sure we'll also be on high alert.  Wow!  59 earthquakes!  That's insane....what is 'normal' for you?  Hoping the tornados stay away.

Linda - :yay for getting some spinning done.

Mary - Safe travels to your dad and continued prayers.

Good morning housemates!

Joanne, I hope yesterday wasn't too stressful for DD.

Cindy, I, too, would have stayed and posted my own charting.  Enjoy your time off.  Are you and hubby going anywhere?

Marisa, glad you had time with your parents.  Sorry to hear about your dad's coworker.  Lifting your mom up in prayer.

Linda, I'm glad you have allergies under control.  Mine are not.  I'm miserable.

Mary, praying for traveling grace to your dad's and lifting him up in prayer as well. 

Sherry, lifting you up in prayer.  Hope all goes well with pt.  59 earthquakes is a lot.

Marlene, thinking of you on the road.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all.

Hi, all.  I'm miserable today.  The tree I'm severely allergic to came into bloom late yesterday and I'm a mess.  There's a big one right across the street from the complex too.  Don't know if I'll make it all the way through the afternoon at work or not.  I guess we'll see.

Good Morning!  Just a qucik hello before I get ready for work.  Theysaid on the news this morning that we had 59 earthquakes yesterday here in good ol' Oklahoma!!!  They measured from 1.2 to 4.7.  Unbelieveable!! 

Linda  - hope you do ok today with your allergies. 

Today is payday and I didn't think about that when they made my PT appointment.  Oh well, it might be late today before they get their checks unless I have the timesheets when I get there. 

Hope all of you have a great day today!! 

Wow!  That's a lot of earthquakes!  Good luck with the paychecks.

Thinking of you, Mary.  Hope they figure out what is wrong with your dad soon.

Hello house. Spent this very rainy day doing housework and laundry. Dd gave me some homemade laundry soap which seemed to work very well. She says she has maybe $20 invested in it and it made a ton. You use 1 to 2 tbsp per load, and she said it made a 5 quart ice cream pail full, plus a bunch of smaller containers that she gave away.

We have to go to a meeting for our churches family camp this evening. Dh s in charge of finances, and I just do whatever is needed. Tonight I am in charge of dessert.. I made cookies and banana bread. I have hardly baked at all since I started on weight watchers, so I rather enjoyed myself.

Mary, I hope your dad is doing okay.

Marisa, I can believe that your mom is feeling quite discouraged. I also think her doctor needs to be aware of the situation.

Sherry, wow, that's a lot f earthquakes. I was reminded of the Oklahoma City bombing when I heard of the one on Boston. The husband of one of my co-workers was doing a residency there when it happened, and we were all pretty shook up. Hope payroll turned out okay.

Linda, sorry your allergies are so bad. I'm so grateful that my only environmental allergy issue is something they use to clean with at work. I'm not sure what exactly it is, but each day I work, I get itchy eyes and a drippy nose after I've been there for a few hours. I've noticed that it doesn't happen until housekeeping starts mopping the floors. Thankfully the symptoms are pretty mild and they disappear within a couple of hours of leaving.

Val, sorry your allergies are acting up too.

Marlene, hope your trip home is going well. Joanne, hope work was good to you today.

Hi all,

DD had an ok day yesterday- she said the commute was ok but it was wierd to have such a military and police presence at the train stations. She and her co-workers spent a lot of time talking about it- which is good- it helps to talk about feelings. One of the fellows she works with lives in the Prudential building which has been closed so he can't get in- well actually he can get in, but if he does , he can't leave. Don't know if they took the building out of lockdown or not today. She's doing well and realizes how lucky she is that she stopped for that cup of coffee.

Marisa- Sorry to hear about your Mom regressing- but I agree with Cindy, her doc really needs to know. Maybe it's time for another opinion? Just my 2 cents.

Sherry- WOW!!! 59 earthquakes???? That's insane!! Hope you had a good PT session and were able to get the payroll done in time! 

Cindy- It was a beautiful day here 70 degrees, sunshine, blue skies- and most of it spent indoors. Isn't that always the way? Cookies and banana bread- YUM- I don't do any baking anymore- too tempting to want to eat it all! LOL

Mary- Prayers for your Dad!

Linda and Val- Sorry that you are suffering so much from the allergies! Hugs!

Just got home a little while ago, these long days are getting crazy! Thank goodness it's still light out, though when I get home- it doesn't seem quite as bad that way!

Have a good evening and if I don't stop in the morning- have a good Thursday! I tend to sleep till the alarm goes off anymore, and that doesn't leave much time to check out the Ville.

Cindy, that sounds some good stuff your DD whipped up.

It's been humid and overcast today and feels like rain tonight.  My meds kicked in so I'm doing a bit better than this morning.

Would you believe?  Lily's youngest son had a concert to be in tonight in Atlanta, so she left a couple hours after I got there and I manned the store all by myself for 3 hours!  Including doing the reports and closing up and setting the security system and locking up!  I'm so proud of myself.  And it was pretty busy, too.  :yay 

Cindy, that homemade soap sound wonderful.  We have 30% chance for rain on tomorrow and 100% for Friday.  It's overcast and  warm here.  I have to deal with allergies year round but it's always worst during springtime.

Joanne, I'm glad DD is handling the bomb situation as best as she can.  It does help to talk about your feelings.  Sorry you're still working longs days but as you said at least you still have some daylight.

Linda, glad you're feeling better.  I had no doubt that you could hand that store by yourself.  I'm glad you're enjoying your job.  We should get some relief the next 2 days as we're forecast to have rain.

Have a good night everybody...see you tomorrow!

It's pouring rain outside and has been for about half an hour.  :yes   There is a concert going on at the fairgrounds which I can very faintly hear here in the apartment.  Hope they all brought their umbrellas.  :D

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I hope you received some answers about your Dad today. Sorry your brother wasn't very thoughtful. 

Cindy, Glad your nephew and his family are safe. Enjoy your time off! 

Joanne, Glad your DD and her friend were held up getting coffee. Glad she has coworkers to talk with. 

Sherry, Glad you are safe after all those earthquakes. Hope pt didn't beat you up to much.

Linda, Yeah for getting your taxes done. I hope you don't have to suffer to long with your allergies. No surprise here that you did well  being on your own at the store. 

Marisa, Sorry to hear about your Dads friend. I to think your Mom is frustrated. I hope she does call her doctor. If she doesn't than Steph should. She's in my prayers. 

Val, I hope you don't suffer to much with your allergies. What are you making with the thread? I forgot if you already said.

We got home late afternoon today. We are going to Maya's this weekend. That way we can spend lots of time together. DD is off this weekend to. We stopped for a couple of hours to visit hubby's sister. When we got to her town Daisy got sick. But she did fine the rest of the trip. We are going to keep taking her in the car so she stays use to it. We had a little bit of rain but next to nothing actually until we were an hour from home. We stopped by my MIL's on the way home. I knew she would like to know she was the first one to see us instead of hearing from someone else we were home. Hubby will be golfing with his brothers so I told we would go to coffee. But she has an eye appointment next week so we will start in May.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. 

Archived