Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to make a ruffle scarf like this out of a ribbon yarn called Gala that I bought at Big Lots's for $1/skein. It's like Red Heart Sashay and I'm not too sure about it right now.  :2eek  :ohdear

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Zky-n8-Er1g/Td3Jv0MirPI/AAAAAAAAH0k/uZIBrv18I0U/s640/Crochet_Sashay+Crochet+Scarf_Tutorial_DSC_6075.jpg

Hi, Jeanie!  Keeping all of you in my prayers.

Marisa ~ I'm so glad your mom is going to see someone else.  This has been going on for far too long with minimal if any improvement.

I spent about an hour on phone with my brother, Gary, tonight and then about an hour and a half with the other brother, Michael, after that.  It was good to talk to both of them and do more reminiscing.

Have a good night to all of you.

Good morning ladies :hi

I slept great last night and think I caught up from the night before.  My mom and I went next door yesterday to have our toes done and then just relaxed here.  I was not successful with my phone upgrade :(  I might jump on the live chat help if I feel up to it.  My aunt and I are going for lunch today, just to the hot dog restaurant....best dogs ever and definitely one of those places associated to Hazleton!  It's still as it was back in the day and still offers the fountain sodas with the syrup flavoring.  They do have a full menu as well, but most people go for dogs.  It's chilly, but nice out so we may walk.

My mom is having a good morning, so now the question stands of is it conincidentally a good morning, or did something happen with the couple things we toyed around with last night? :shrug

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hi, ladies!

Marisa....mabe what you did for your Mom is the beginning of a breakthrough!

I was just sitting out back with my Kindle - all by myself - and it was wonderful. just the birds and the sound of squirrels running through the underbrush (I barely notice the planes coming and going overhead any longer - we're close to Liberty International, in Newark, and as the the crow flies there are 2 other major New York airports nearby)

Have a good one, my friends.

Oh, Marisa, I really hope that what you tried is helping.  Enjoy the time with your family.

I slept late last night, this morning, too.  And feel rested for a change.  I actually think that Mom's death is effecting my brothers an awful lot.  Maybe more than me.  At least one us was always on the outs with Mom, and more often than not that was me.  Maybe that helps.  :think   Maybe not.  :think   I don't know.  But I know that I've made peace with her, and that's all that matters for me.  :yes   The minister at the church where we grew up is now one of the kids I used to babysit with.  That's weird!!!  Somehow we don't tend to think of them growing up when we aren't around to see it.  :lol

Hope you all have a wonderful day.  :hug

Hi all,

I had some R&R time after work tonight!! Went to DD's and Ryan was just finishing up his dinner, Robbie got fed and we went for an nice walk. Ryan did a lot of walking and then we put him in the stroller! They got a good deal on a used double mountain buggy stroller 1/2 of the retail price and it looks brand new! It's perfect. I played with Ryan in the back yard when we got back to the house and then held Robbie for a bit while DD put Ryan to bed. Came home and it's already near 10!

Tomorrow I have a mani/pedi in the AM and in the afternoon, we're going to take the boys to the park. My middle DD is loving her job- and is hanging in there. Hoping to maybe see her on Sunday. She has a workshop she is running tomorrow- she's keeping very busy.

I head to Boston on Tues for a conference Wed/Thur and then to DD's house on Friday. She's working 1/2 day on Fri so I'll meet her for lunch. I'm looking forward to seeing her. I'll come home Monday. Looking forward to getting away!

Good morning.  I had a somewhat rough time last night as the first memorial service for Mom was late yesterday afternoon.  Just sad this morning, but I had a long sleep which helped.  Working this afternoon will help too.

Glad you had some quality R&R with the GSs yesterday, Joanne.

Have a good day and weekend everyone.  :ghug 

Hi everyone. It's been awfully quiet here today. Our weather was beautiful, so I spent all day outside. We went out to dinner this evening.

Linda, continuing to send hugs.

No time for crafting, since there is so much to be done outside.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hi all!  We will be moving next weekend, so I've been busy packing.  Not fun.  At least we will have a lot of help next weekend so it should be good.  I made the mistake of taking a nap so now I'm wide awake.  I don't want to do any packing as I would probably wake up someone!! 

Will be a busy week--Monday I get fitted for the brace that I get to sleep in for a month.  hopefully it will help my leg get straighter.  My bend is almost where the dr wants it, it's just not straight enough yet--sigh.  Tuesday there will be a huge funeral at the church and it's also the day we do the closing on the house.  Then we get to start the cleaning of the new house (they have a cat and we want to make sure we get the cat hair out--littlest GS maybe allergic to it), then we plan to load the uhaul on Friday night and Saturday morning and then unload.  so I'll probably mia for several days until the internet gets hooked up (DH hasn't called yet to get that done--sigh).  Those "packing and moving fairies" haven't shown up yet LOL.  So I'll be busy again tomorrow packing.  At least DD will be here to help.

Well, I'd better try to get some rest--shouldn't have taken that nap yesterday afternoon!!  All of you have a great Sunday!!  Hugs to all!!

Hi Ladies.  Zoe woke me up by resting her head on my shoulder...she's on a diet and is being quite the pest. ;) 

Linda ~ :hug   Sending more hugs your way.  Hopefully, each day will be a little easier - we're here for you! :manyheart

Sherry ~ How exciting to be closing and moving this week!  Lots of work and busy days ahead for you...give us updates when you can! :)

Judy ~ Your time alone with your Kindle sounds so nice - but where were Lucy and Sparkie? ;)   Today might be the day that I finally get to spend time in my yard...I miss it. :yes

Joanne ~ I hope you're having a wonderful weekend with family!

Okay, I'm going to try and go back to sleep.  Hi to those I've missed - will check in later. :)

Good morning!

I woke up around 4AM- and decided that was way too early- so went back to bed--and didn't get up until 10AM!!! Wow- I haven't slept that long in ages! Guess i needed it badly!

Had a wonderful day yesterday- I went for the mani/pedi in the AM, then to the Apple store, where I purchased an Ipad Mini with some of my tax return $ and then the afternoon spent with DD and GS- we went down by the waterfront and Ryan had a ball on the swings and slides.

Today, DH and I are taking it easy- and are planning to spend a little relaxing time outside on the deck.

Sherry- Wishing you the best of luck with the packing and crossing fingers that the brace will help straighten out your knee.

Mary- Did you get the flooding that I read about in TX? Hope not! 

Linda- Each day will get easier and there will be days where all the memories come flooding back. It still happens to me when I think about my Mom and Dad sometimes, and it's been many years since they both passed.

Cindy- It sure was quiet here yesterday- but I think everyone is out and about with a little spring fever--finally!!! Now that it is almost May, I think it's probably safe to say that we'll soon be having summer temps. It seems to me, at least here, that our springs get shorter and shorter- seem to go from winter into summer rather quickly!

:bday:birthday:cake  MARLENE!!!!!!

Good morning, everyone.  It started raining last night,  rained all night long, and shows no signs of stopping any time soon.  It's one of those steady, soaking rains that just goes on and on.  Everything is gray and wet outside, too.  Hibernating inside today is on my agenda.  I think I'll fix some noodles for lunch or supper.  One or the other or both.  They just sound good today.

Have a good day.

:bday    :cake  Hope you have a wonderful day, Marlene!  :cake    :bday   

Hi everyone!

Yes....spring fever has hit...we've been to nurseries, feeding our color-starved souls! About 70 again today...Tomorrow we'll be getting your weather, Linda.

Have a great day ....

And Marlene, have a fantastic birthday!!!!!!!!

The clouds are moving in and like Judy said the rain is going to be here tomorrow.

We had a very nice, leisurely day and enjoyed being outside for a while. I'm having fun with the iPad mini and enjoying its size and how lightweight it is.

My dh said he is going to buy a kindle fire hd. But you all know me. I love my apple toys!!!

Hope you all had a great Sunday!

Quick flyby today. Ds was over for the day and we sat around visiting outside.

Joanne, I like my IPad mini a lot too. Of course, I also like my regular IPad. The mini is great for reading though.

Sherry, at least it won't be much longer before you move.

Work day for me tomorrow.

Cindy-I like the regular iPad too and hope it nothing major wrong with it. I had an appt at the Genius Bar but silly me had the time wrong and missed it. They were booked the rest of the day. If it can't be fixed ill probably replace it but ill wait until the next release.

Have a good day at work

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Your hair sounds really cute! Glad your getting in some r&r with your family. And also pampering yourself at the nail salon. Have a safe trip and a great time with DD.

Cindy, The headache went away. We weren't home to enjoy the day at the lake yesterday but we were out and did enjoy it.

Marisa, I hope your having a nice with your folks and on the wine tour. Glad your Mom is going to see a new doctor and get in so quickly. I hope your treatment is helping and that is why she felt so much better.

Jeannie, On the ruffle scarves I crocheted 2 scarves. I folded the end over lining the holes up for 4 or 5 holes. I skipped every other hole, worked in the second row of holes but you don't have to. I worked 6 sc's and a ch 1, turn. I also pressed mine flat (open). I watched about 8 videos on you tube to find the pattern I liked. I also knit one and it actually goes quicker. I need to make 3 more and I will knit them. Some one in Texas showed me they just tied a knot in the end then picked up the next hole and went on from there. Then knot the opposite end. Prayers for your family.

Linda, You'll probably have days like that but it will get better. It's nice you had a nice talk with your brothers. Were here for you. :hug We have rain coming later in the week.

Judy, We were right in the path of the planes and helicopters. They were coming and going all the time. It was only a small airport. But there are many oil rigs out in the water and they fly in and out to them all the time. Then there's the people who are learning to fly. I don't miss the airplanes at all.

Sherry, I hope the brace helps your knee straighted out. How exciting to have your closing and get to move all just a few days apart. I hope your new home won't need a lot of cleaning.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. :manyheart   We went to my favorite mexican restaurant yesterday for dinner.

It's been a busy few days for us. Hubby didn't golf the course was to wet for the golf carts to go out on. Then they got a big storm. We visited SD. Friday DS had to ref and he had the kids so we met him at the field and took the kids. We went to my sisters with pizza and had dinner then DS came and picked the kids up. We spent the night at my sisters. Saturday after we left my sisters we went to a couple of garage sales and I picked up a cupboard/stand for are extra tv. Now I have to a lot of work to do moving things around. We stopped by some friends and visited with them for awhile. It was so nice seeing them.

Today I went to the laundry mat and washed the clothes and I have been drying them all day. I more load to go then I'm done.

In among those days we got a call from Texas that one of are friends passed away. They are from Canada and he either got sick on the way home or after he got home and he was in the hospital and he got pneumonia and died thursday.

I hope everyone has a nice evening and great monday.

Marlene - Happy Birthday!!!  Sorry it's a day late!!!  Sounds as though you've been busy.  sorry about the loss of your friend.

Linda - continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Joanne - sounds like a busy but fun weekend!  Enjoy your i-pad mini!

Marisa - hope things are going better for your mom.  Hope things can get figured out for her. 

Mary - hope the storms haven't affected you much.  We had another thunderstorm with hail but the hail was north of us.  Can't wait to get that garage so I can put my van in there when bad weather comes!

Well the vote was today for the merger--it passed but there were a lot of No votes but the Yes votes were enough that it carried.  Tomorrow the work will begin of figuring out everything that will have to be changed.  There has to be a name change so that involves a lot of work with the local, state, and federal governments--sigh.....  Oh well, at least I'll be busy.

Got most of the kitchen packed, just a few things that I can't reach need to come down so I can pack them up.  Then it's on to the bedroom and office.   tomorrow's the day I either get measured for the brace of get the brace, not sure which it will be.  Then we have closing on Tuesday--we are hoping that they will be out of the house so we can go and look at everything really, really good and see what all we need to do.

Well, I'd better get to bed, a busy day tomorrow!!  Hope all of you had a great weekend!  Hugs to all!!

Hello, all.  It finally quit raining about 11:30 last night.  The ground is drenched.  On the last walk of the night it was ever so still and there was moisture on every leaf and twig.  In the light of the street lamps it glistened as if it was was frost.  Beautiful!  And, no, Joanne, Sweet Pea does not have a set of galoshes.  :lol    :lol   :lol   Neither do I for that matter. 

Well the vote was today for the merger--it passed but there were a lot of No votes but the Yes votes were enough that it carried.  Tomorrow the work will begin of figuring out everything that will have to be changed.  There has to be a name change so that involves a lot of work with the local, state, and federal governments--sigh.....  Oh well, at least I'll be busy.

Got most of the kitchen packed, just a few things that I can't reach need to come down so I can pack them up.  Then it's on to the bedroom and office.   tomorrow's the day I either get measured for the brace of get the brace, not sure which it will be.  Then we have closing on Tuesday--we are hoping that they will be out of the house so we can go and look at everything really, really good and see what all we need to do.

Well, I'd better get to bed, a busy day tomorrow!!  Hope all of you had a great weekend!  Hugs to all!!

Hope the merger doesn't split the church with all those no votes.  That would be very sad.

Glad things are moving along so well with the packing.  Good luck with the brace.  They can be very uncomfortable so please take it easy if you end up in pain.

I need to make a trip to the laundrymat today, but other than that I plan on continuing the R&R.  I read a book most of yesterday.  :lol   It's one I had read before, but not for quite a while so didn't remember much about it except for who the bad guy was and a bit about his comeuppance.  It's the first in a series of books about the same central family.  I've read a lot of them, but not all by any stretch.  I've decided to collect them all as I can find them used.  They are just a lot of fun, set in early 1800s in England.  The nickname of the lead character in this one was "Devil."  He is head of "The Bar Cynster" a group of cousins with the nicknames Scandal, Vane, Demon, Gabriel, and Lucifer.  The author is Stephanie Laurens.  One thing about them is that when the Cynster men fall for the woman they will wed, it's hard and for life.  :lol 

Hope you all have a wonderful day.  Thanks for all your prayers and support.  They really help.  :ghug 

Archived