Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Pretty blanket and hats.

Sherry, Sorry your having to fix the W2 and year end reports. I know your youngest GS is excited being the star of the week. Maya was star of the week and it was fun helping her with it. Glad you found your way here.

Linda and Val, Glad you didn't get really bad weather. We've had 2 very windy days here and it is cold now. Were going to be in the 30's tonight, but 70's during the day.

Mary, I remember Maya saying cute things like Luke is. :manyheart

Linda, Glad for all the good news on John.

Tam, I bet you had a really nice day being home with the boys and crocheting away. Hope your able to go see Ken soon.

Cindy, Glad you had a nice time with DD's.

Marisa, It sounds like your knitting group to cover the bridge is growing.

Joanne, Have a good day at work.

I was the only one at crafts today. We have it the small club house so there is usally some people in there in the morning chatting and having coffee. I got my rr out and added 3 more rows. I think it is close to being done. It looks like I will run out of pink yarn if I try to add 4 more rows.

DD said Maya won a drawing and she is suppose to have lunch with the principal tomorrow. She won it once last year to.

My sil called late this afternoon. All she knows is they put a stint in. Don't know if it replaced the other one or if she has two now. The doctor didn't explain much. She said she woke up when they were doing the surgery and told them her chest was hurting her really bad. I hope she gets some answers when the doctor comes in tomorrow.

I have pt in the morning so I'm heading to bed. Hope everyone has a nice thursday!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone!

I had a very long day yesterday- doing testing- and had to log in to work last night! I'm here, i'm tired, and thinking of you all and hoping for a little down time this weekend!

onward and upward as they say!!!

Is it me, or is there too much 'white' space on the new Ville? I find it a little hard on my old tired eyes!

Good morning. Cold and snowing here today. I am planning to spend the morning doing housework, so the snow won't bother me. I actually don't mind driving in snow too much, you just have to worry about all those other drivers out there.

I can't believe it's the end of the month already. It sure has gone fast.

Guess I'd better get started. The longer I sit, the less ambition I have. BBL.

Hi, ya, ladies!!

Cindy and Joanne....I think that's what makes this new sight less enjoyable: too much white space.

Oh, well. I already see I'm not on here as much - no browsing around, either.

Later, gators

Judy, I find all the white space a bit distracting as well. I assume we will get used to it, but it is a lot harder to browse the site. Everything kind of blends together. I notice that there is a post asking what we like or dislike in the new site, but I'm not sure what to suggest as a fix.

Good morning Housemates!

Joanne - I'm sorry you're having to put so many hours in at work.  I hope you get some downtime this weekend.  Don't forget the superbowl is this Sunday.  What team are you cheering?

Cindy - Good for you not having to go out.  Will you crochet after you finish with your cleaning?

Judy - I'm in here probably twice...once to check in and once to check out.  It is too much white! 

Mary, Marlene, Marisa, Sherry, Tam & Linda hope all is well.

It is very cold here today.  The wind was really high earlier.  I have to run out and get a tag for the car. 

I did start the edging on the black, white & gray ghan.  I hope I can finish that today!

BBL!

Good Morning!  I hope everyone is safe after the severe weather outbreak.  We have sun and no wind today! :)

I see some changes at the 'ville this morning!  Our location and join date is back...and I think they've made some of the "headers" darker.  What a huge job for Amy and Donna!

Marlene ~ Wouldn't you love to hear what Maya and the Principal talk about at lunch? :lol   I think that would be a really fun part of that job. :yes

Linda ~ I hope John's recovery will speed up a little now that he's getting nutrients and has the other tube removed. :xfin   How are you feeling?

Valerie ~ Good luck with the afghan border.  You can do it! :hook

Hi to everyone I may have missed this morning. :manyheart   I'm trying to be good and get some cleaning done...much rather be crocheting.. :D

Hi, ya, peeps!

We still have a lot of wind, and the temperature is dropping again - going to be in the 20's again tonight. it was around 60 or more yesterday! crazy....

Off to pick up my hook. The RR is growing -slowly!

Just got back from getting the car tag.  Glad that's a done deal for another year.

I have the pick the DNei up at 2 and the DNeph at 5.  Hopefully, I can get a little hooking time in between.  After 5, I plan to hook all evening.

It's a beautiful but chilly day here in Georgia.  It's suppose to get cold again over night with 40s being the high tomorrow.

BBL!

Good day!  I was up a lot earlier and took Sweet Pea out, then went back to bed and slept 'til 1:00.  Obviously needed it.  I do feel better now.  As Val said, it's a lot chillier and windy today.  But the sun is out which is great. 

it's obvious that I've been sick, because I haven't worked on any of my crafts in almost a week.

Hope you have a good session at PT today, Marlene.

Enjoy your day off, Cindy.

Good luck with the testing, Joanne.  Hope things go smoothly for you.

I accidently put the bold on for this post and it really makes it a lot easier to read.  I agree about the amount of white on the site now, but I am still coming in often.  I can't miss out on what's happening with all of you.  :ghug 

I didn't take notes, so I know I'm missing some things I was going to comment on.  Take care and have a wonderful day.  :hug   BBL

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Well, I logged on a while ago, but am just getting through the posts in between doing other things :shrug  It looks like we're all having crazy weather :eek

I tend to log on when I get to the office and close it out when I leave popping over at down times to see if anything new was posted.  I also do very little browsing, but that's not different for me.  I do agree about all the white space :(  I really dislike that the 'quote' boxes are not a bit darker.  I find myself reading and then half way through realizing that's someone else's post that's being quoted in a new post :sigh  The white is very hard on the eyes :shrug

Judy - Beautiful blanket and hats :manyheart

Mary - Glad to hear the smiley's are a bit easier to navigate :yes

Val and Linda - Glad to hear you ladies are alright, I saw on the news yesterday that the tornado touched down :eek

Cindy - Glad you had a nice day with your dd's.  Hopefully your getting in some fun 'play time' today :lol

Marlene - Oh wow, the only person at craft club :eek  Hopefully SIL gets some answers!

Joanne - How much longer for this project?  Only one more day until the weekend :clap

Hi again! 

Judy ~ A couple of weeks ago, we had 18* with the wind blowing...stay warm!  I may have forgotten :rolleyes - what colors are you using in your RR?

Valerie ~ Enjoy your time with your hook and yarn! 

Linda ~ Oh, I'm so glad you're feeling better. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Are you making more bridge panels?  When is the event? 

I'm taking a break from making squares and have joined two rows...I may add more as this is going to be pretty small. :think

Well Mary, we don't have a definite date yet.  We want to do it in June, but the country is trying to keep us from doing it then.  But, sometime between June and August it should surely be done. :)

I'm heading out, see y'all tomorrow :ghug

Thanks, Marisa! I hope you have a good night....

Mary, in the RR I'm using white, Vanna's Rosey pink,  Baby Steps blue and for an accent, Vanna's blue denim.

Linda, I'm glad you got so much rest!

C U all in the morning - or later.

Hugs to everyone.

Okay, I have to say that the bold print is soon much easier to read. I am not sure if I can figure out how to do it though...

I have to work tomorrow, not really looking forward to driving there in all this snow.

ETA: I don't see where I can make the type bold.

Marisa, When you go into "Replay to this topic" it's the "B" button on the second row of icons right above the reply box on the left.

Is it my imagination or is the background for the text now a very light grey?  I like it better than the bright white.  Not nearly so hard on the eyes.

They had John up in a chair for about an hour today.  YAY!  :clap   :clap   :clap   They are going to be checking out his voice box tomorrow as he's only able talk in a very soft whisper at the moment.  His vocal chords may have been damaged when the tear occurred.  I'm hoping not. 

Be careful in the snow up there in the North and Northeast.  :yes 

Linda - Thanks for the boldness.  It is soooo much better!

Cindy - Once you click on the box to reply...the "B" for boldness is in the left hand corner to the right of your avatar.  I'm sorry you have to work tomorrow with snow on the grown.  Drive safely.

Judy - Looking forward to pictures.

Mary - I did get some hooking in.  However, I do have one more row for the border to go.

Well off I go.   Have a good night everyone!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, When you open the reply box-right above the white box we type in on the left side the B is right there. Hope this helps. DD told me this afternoon they had at least 8" and could get 2ft. Maya didn't have school for the second time this week. Be careful driving in the morning.

Judy, The colors for the rr are going to be pretty together. I agree to much white, but this bold type is helping.

Linda, Great news on John being up and out of his bed. Sure hope things are okay with his vocal chords. Glad your feeling better.

Val, Hope your weather warms back up soon.

Joanne, One more day until the weekend.

Nothing new here. I'll be back tomorrow. Have a nice friday everyone!

.:: Evening House......................

Hope everyone is well.................

Wow what it cold today!   :wbrr   We had a snow day yesterday.... today was back to school for the boys and off to sub at the elementary school for me.  Too cold to go outside today for recess!   The wind was really the issue... when it was still in the air it was fine... the sun was even shinning... but that wind would kick up and ............... wow!

Ken is still in isolation..... :sigh... still cant go see him.

I apologize for my posts being so sporadic and not very attentive at all to anyone elses needs............. I'm workin' on it!   I have lost all my organization... :think

need more coffee.

catch up more later

:heart

:mug

Hope you all have a great night and a good day tomorrow.

:hug   Oh, Tammy, it must be so hard to have Ken in isolation.  Keeping all of you in my prayers.  :hug 

I finished my deep purple with glitz shawl tonight!  I'll get a picture of it soon.  It's warm.  :c9 

Morning, peeps!

Tam, I know how you feel, being at such loose ends. Just being alone for a couple of weeks at a time when DH was away would leave me so lost! But what Ken is dealing with... Yikes. I hope the flu and infections are gone, or at least on their way out. Hugs, sweetie....

Linda, that's great news about John sitting up! Hopefully his vocal cords are just bruised....

Have a good day my friends. Will be back later....

I finished my deep purple with glitz shawl tonight!  I'll get a picture of it soon.  It's warm.  :c9 

Looking forward to seeing it!

Good morning Housemates!

Tam - Don't worry about being in here and commenting on every post.  We understand that your plate is full.  Come in when you can and just say hi to let us know you're ok.  Lifting you, Ken and your family up in prayer.

Judy - Glad to see you found the bold button.

Linda - Looking forward to seeing your shawl.  It's cold here in Georgia.  Try to stay warm.

Cindy - Be careful traveling to and from work.

Marlene - It hasn't warmed up yet.  How's your weather. 

Joanne - I hope you're going to have a work free weekend.

Marisa - What ya got cooking this weekend?

Sherry - Where are you?

Nothing much going on here either.

Have a fabulous Friday all.

BBL!

Archived