Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Valerie - I'm here!!  Just been busy a couple of nights with the grandsons and last night wasn't feeling well.  I'm allergic to all those wonderful sprays that kill the germs and someone in the day care decided to spray their room with a LOT of it, so I went to bed early with a bad headache.

Tam - will be praying for you and DH.  Know you're busy but check in when you can.  Hugs to all of you.

Joanne - hope your day goes well.

Marisa - hope things are going well for you. 

Today I get to send the final report for the year end stuff YEA!!!!!   And I think I'd done with the W2s--had to redo two of them again yesterday.

Well, I'd better get finished getting ready and head to work!

Stay warm!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :hi

I also like the bold lettering better :yes  How do you like the green?  I want to look and see if I can somehow set my default print to be like this :think

I just finished up with a new patient this morning :clap  Have a few errands to run here in a bit.  My sister's friend is stopping by to pick up some coolers she borrowed from him sometime this afternoon.  I have another patient later on and then we're going out to dinner tonight (belated birthday dinner).

Steph and I are coloring hair tomorrow and then in the evening we're going out with some friends.  Sunday is superbowl, but I'm not sure if we're hosting at our house or going elsewhere :think:lol

Be back later gaters :wink

Good morning everyone.  It's colder and windier today than it was yesterday.  Brrr!!!  I have to make a run to the drug store for some meds today.  Also have to pay the rent.  Other than that, I plan to hibernate as much as possible.

At this point in time, I am planning to watch the Super Bowl.  That could change, but it's usually a good game and the commercials are really fun to watch.

Have a good day! 

Linda. hibernationg sounds like something good to do! It's cold and windy up here, but I bundled up and took Lucy for her mile long walk. DH takes Sparkie separately - and for a much shorter walk.

Good to hear from everybody! I had a busy morning so am only now getting to my hook. I have sweet sausages simmering on the stover...sitting in a nice tomato sauce. Yummo. :)

DS is coming over for dinner on Sunday, after which we'll all watch the Super Bowl.

BBL!

Errands have been run.  My friend, Carol, called and we met at the quilt store to decide on a fabric to add to what she has for another quilt.  Found something we both liked and then met again at Walmart where I picked up my meds and a couple other things.  We're going to get together on Sunday for crafting and the Super Bowl.

Sherry - I, too am allergic to sprays.  I hope your headache is gone.  Glad you finished up all of the end of the year stuff.  Maybe things will slow down a bit.

Linda - It is  cold.  I'm not usually cold in the house but today I've been cold which shocked my sister.  We had to crank the heat up a couple of notches.  Try to stay warm and enjoy your time with Carol.

Marisa - Sounds like a busy weekend as usual.  :yay  :cheer  :clap  for a new patient.  Enjoy your weekend.

Judy - Your sweet sausage sounds delicious.  Enjoy your weekend with your son.

I've napped all morning.  I don't know if I'll do any hooking today.  I don't have to go back out until my DNep gets off at 11pm.

Who is everyone cheering for in the Super Bowl?  I'm going to go with the Ravens!!!

BBL!

Hi House.  It's been an "interesting" day. :whew I woke up at 3 a.m. with something in my right eye.  It hurt a lot and I tried flushing with water for hours.  I was able to see the PA at our doctor's office (he is out of town) and she couldn't  find anything - sent me home with some antibiotic drops.  Whatever it was seems to be gone, thank goodness!  It's too late to take a nap though. :lol

I'll check back through posts in a bit.  I hope everyone is having a good Friday. :manyheart

Mary - Sorry you've had so much trouble with your eye.  Hopefully the meds will help.

Valerie - Hope you're warmer now!  I'm always cold in the winter.  Glad you got to nap!  Maybe I'll get to take one tomorrow!

Marisa - sounds like a busy day and you've got a busy weekend as well.

Not sure who I want to win the Super Bowl.  Even though I enjoy football, I love to watch the commercials on the super bowl.  I'm sure we'll be home to watch it, (since DH has to get up really early).

Getting ready to do my taxes.  I'm hoping that we get some back and don't have to pay.

Have a great evening all!!

Hello everyone. Snowing hard here, supposedly accumulations more than an inch an hour. Luckily we are in for the night.

I am still not seeing any icons. I can't even use smilies. I'll try Marisa's hint and see if that works. I posted about this in board help. Hopefully it can be fixed. Hmm will have to try that tomorrow, no ctrl button on the iPad.

I'm too tired to do individual replies tonight, will be more talkative tomorrow.

Hi Ladies, 

Cindy, Hope they can find a fix for you.

Mary, Hope the meds helps your eye.

Marisa, :clap for a new patient.

Val, Hope your not coming down with something. Are weather is going to be in the 70's for another week. There calling for rain monday.

Linda, Have a fun time at Carol's quilting and watching the super bow.

Judy, Have a nice visit DS while watching the super bowl.

Joanne, Hope you have a relaxing weekend in the plans.

Sherry, Hope your headache is gone.

We had ladies night out tonight. There was 8 of us and 2 of us was crafting. It's looking like I might only have 2 more rows to do on the rr. Tomorrow were making hot pork sandwiches with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and desert (cake).

Maya has the flu pretty bad. She can't keep anything down. DD called the doctor and they said get pedalite popsicles. She couldn't find any, but she did find something else made by pedalite but it didn't sit well on her stomach either. Poor thing! I hope she is better tomorrow. Hope everyone has a nice  weekend.

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Evening House!!!! •¨¯`•    

You ladies are the bestest ever!!!!   :hug..... I love you guys so much!

Thank you for all your love... understanding... encouragement... and prayers!!!!

Today I subbed again at the elementary school.   Helps my day go by since I cant go visit Ken.

Unfortunately my headache that I started my day with has just gotten worse.  :(   Man  I hate it when they are so bad I cant power through them.

Ken is still under isolation..... This is getting old fast.   The boys just want to see their dad.    Ken is starting to go stir crazy!

I stopped at the store again tonight after work so we dont have to leave the house this weekend!   The boys are going to get to have a lazy weekend and I'm going to crochet and knit!   Poor Patrick fell asleep in my room.... he grabbed a bunch of blankets and curled up in  front of my fireplace.   I dont have the heart to wake him... but I hate that he is on the floor.   I'm sure he'll wake on his own ... the floor will become uncomfortable.

I have about a dozen more rows to put on one of the ripple'ghans I'm making... and I'm half done with the first slipper I'm knitting.   I have a ruffle scarf I need to make this weekend and start the other ripple'ghan.

Well.... off to get a coffee refill....

catch you in the morn.........

:heart

:mug

Good morning!

Love the idea of using the bold type- but you can't do that on an ipad! So I'm on my laptop!

Busy, busy, busy- that's all I can say! This project won't be over till at least April, I'm afraid--but finally things are starting to fall into place ---too much to explain- but suffice it to say- this too shall end! ;)

Linda- I think the background is still white. In the suggestion thread, Amy posted that they are going to be switching to a another lighter color to provide more contrast. I think that will help alot.

Cindy- hope there wasn't too much snow and the ride to/from work uneventful

Linda- Glad to hear you are feeling better! And prayers that john's vocals cords weren't damaged as well.

Mary-How are the two GS?

Judy- the colors of the RR sound beautiful together and the sweet sausage---YUM

Marlene- That's great about Maya having lunch with the principal!

Marisa- Why is the county trying to stop the knit a bridge?

Val- I'm probably going to root for the Ravens since I like Ray Rice who hails from Rutgers!! We are going to DD's and SIL's --they've hosted a Super Bowl Party for quite a few years now.

Tam- Prayers continuing for Ken! Hugs :hug

I'm off for a hair cut/color early this AM and then have to log in to work at some point later on this morning. I may just go to the office because what i need to do is so much easier with two monitors--plus I'll already be 1/2 way to work --I'm all about faster and easier!!!

Off to do a few things before heading out for a little pampering!

Good morning ladies :hi

Hmmm, I tried to copy and paste my post from my other thread I chat in and it wouldn't let me :think

Well, I'm waiting on 2 patients to get here, husband and wife.  Due at 9 :)

Then I have to run to Sam's and Staples.  I went to Staples yesterday and picked up 5 jump drives to start saving from my external hard drive that is on its last leg :think And they only scanned 4 of them.  And since I'm not that type of person to let it go, I called them yesterday and will stop back up there to get that taken care of :sigh

Steph and I are coloring hair today and we're going out tonight with friends.  I think we're just staying home for the super bowl tomorrow and having a few friends over, nothing crazy :lol

That's about it for now.  I didn't take notes since I wanted to finish up before my patient arrived.  So have a wonderful weekend :hug

Hi, ya!

Marlene, I hope Maya improves quickly! Little ones can becomae dehydrated so fast...I know you're worried...

Joanne, enjoy your pampering session this morning!

Tam, good to hear from you. Your headache: since you were teaching did you not have your usual quota of caffeine?

Marisa, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I asked DS what he would like for dinner tomorrow....after I nixed Lamb (need a bank loan to buy it - if you can find it) he asked for Greek meatballs and Spinach pie. Easy peasy!! Messy, but easy!

Hi, Sherry, Cindy, Mary, Linda and everyone!!!!

Good morning.

I think my posting issues are explained. Amy says its because I'm posting from an IPad.

Winter has definitely arrived in our corner of Michigan. It's been snowing since Wednesday afternoon, but up to last evening, it hadn't amounted to more than a couple of inches. This is what we woke up to this morning. One picture from the front door, one from the back.

post-6189-0-68700000-1359815938_thumb.jpg

post-6189-0-94338600-1359815958_thumb.jpg

Hi House! 

Cindy ~ Wow!  The snow is beautiful, but better you than me. ;)   The baby boots and sweater are adorable. :c9  And yes, I love how easy it is to post pictures!

Sherry ~ Good luck with the taxes!  I need to get going on ours, too...we're still waiting on a few things.

Marlene ~ I hope Maya feels much better soon. :hug   Looking forward to seeing your RR!

Tammy ~ Thinking of you all - are they giving you any news about when you'll be able to see Ken?  I hope you can relax a bit this weekend and have some time with you hook and/or needles. :manyheart

Judy ~ Your dinner menu sounds sooo good!  We love lamb, too - I splurged and bought chops not long ago and they were wonderful.  Can't wait to see your RR - great colors! :yes

Marisa ~ Great idea to use the flash drives!  Your weekend plans sound really nice.

Joanne ~ Enjoy your "me" time!

My eye is fine, with just a little soreness.  Time for me to get back to the desk. :)

Good morning/afternoon Housemates!

I didn't have to leave the house this morning and got to sleep in. 

Marlene - Praying Maya feels better soon.  I did warm up and actually got too hot.  My sister never gets warm and raised the heat 2 more notches.

Joanne  - I hope you don't have to work too long today.  At least you got to pamper yourself before work.  Enjoy the rest of your Saturday.

Tam - I'm sorry your headache is still there.  I usually take a goody powder and Mtn Dew when mine lingers.  I hope you get to see Ken soon.  Enjoy your weekend with the boys.  Hopefully, you'll get your hooking done.

Sherry - I hope you get something back on your taxes.  Have a good day!

Cindy - I love your sweater and booties.  The pictures of the snow are beautiful.  I just wouldn't want to have to go out in it.  If we get that much snow here in the South...everything shuts down.  Hope you're off today and can relax and hook.

Mary - I'm glad your eye is mending.  Take care of yourself.

Linda - I hope all is well with you and that you're staying warm.  Continued prayers for you, John and Rosie.

Marisa - Hope you get your problem with Staples straighten out.  Have a good weekend!

Have a super Saturday Housemates!

Good morning/afternoon, everyone.  The way my blankets and pillows ended up in my bed this morning it looks like someone is still in there sleeping.  :lol   I've got a quiet day planned for the most part today.   I'm thinking of putting a casserole in the oven to bake: sliced potatoes, onion, ham, spices, and cheese.   Maybe some cream of mushroom soup too.  Would give me lots of good leftovers, although warming them up is a pain without a microwave.  I have hopes of getting a new one next month.  Getting caught up on bills has taken a while, but I'm getting there.  :) 

Marlene ~ Hope Maya feels better very soon.  :hug   Kids get sick sooo fast, but they also get well fast.

Tammy ~ Praying for Ken and all of you.  You can't even gown and mask up to see him?  Yikes!  No wonder you all going nuts.  Hope you have a good, restful weekend.  :hug 

Joanne ~ April seems like a long way off, but hopefully it will fly by quickly and smoothly.  Hope you don't have to work too long today.  :hug   Enjoy your pampering.

Marisa ~ I'm still having trouble with copying stuff too.  Maybe I'll have to delve into the quick help section to see what I'm doing wrong.  I'm like you on going back to pay for something that didn't get scanned.  I can't do it if I know about it.  I guess that is what makes up good, solid citizens.  :P   It's certainly the way I would want to be treated if the roles were reversed.

Cindy ~ I love the snow pictures, but I hated having to get out in it when I was at my daughter's over the holidays.  Stay safe.  The booties are adorable and the sweater is just too cute!  :clap 

Hi, Val.  I'm doing my best to stay warm.  I've been doing a lot of reading in my easy chair with my feet up and blankets covering my legs and lap.  Sweet Pea plunks herself down at my feet or in my lap.  She's a warming pad all by herself.  :D 

Have a great and restful Saturday.  I'll check back later.  :ghug 

Hi, everyone!

Cindy, I love your snow pics - Lucy and Sparkie would love it! Sparkie was only about 3 months old back in the day when we had a huge snowstorm - I took pics of him rolling around in it.

And the Boots are precious - love the knitted sweater too!!! I don't know where you find the time...

Linda, your casserole sounds yummy! I love casseroles but DH isn't crazy about them. Stay warm!

Bitterly cold - and windy - today, but I still took Miss Lucy for our walk :)

RR Progress: I have a round of white, 2 of pink, a round of white again (or more) and I'll end it with the blue denim, using a rev sc.

We're having leftovers today (the sausage and pasta)...I already made a pumpkin pie for tomorrow's dessert and later today I'll make the Spinach pie. Cold days are good days for putting on the oven.

Hi, Val, and everyone else!! BBL

Hi All!

Cindy - Love the snow pictures!!  But I'm glad it there and not here.  Cute sweater and booties!

Marisa - sounds like a fun weekend!

Tam - so sorry you still can see Ken.  Hopefully soon you will be able to go in and see him.  how's the headache? 

Marlene - Hope Maya gets better soon.  This stomach virus is nasty.  Oldest GS had it last week, not fun at all.

Joanne - sorry you're having to work so much on that project.  We will be merging with another church in June, so I'll have a lot of work to do before it happens.  Not looking forward to that.

Well I did my taxes and I'm not happy.  We had extra held out for federal and state.  Getting a little back from federal but have to pay 500 to the state, grrrrrrrrrrr.  I guess I'll have to hold out even more just so we can break even -- maybe next year.

Went to see GS at karate and got there and they were closed.  There is a gymnastics place by them and they were having a big tournament, so they close.  We didn't get to go last week since GS was ill.  I guess I'll have to wait another week to see him.

I've been testing a turtle for TurtleLvr.  It's so cute.  I have the body done, now I'm working on the head.  I hope to get it done today or tomorrow.  I plan to give it to little GS as he's have dental surgery on Thursday. 

Well, I'd better get back to my crocheting and watching OU basketball.

Hugs to all!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Glad your had a chance to pamper yourself before you had to go to work. Have a fun time at the super bowl party.

Tam, I hope your headache went away. Hopefully you'll get to see Ken soon. Keeping all of you in my prayers. Have a fun weekend at home with the boys.

Cindy, Nice pics of the snow. I don't miss it. Nice job on the knitting, the sweater is pretty. The booties are cute.

Judy, Dinner sounds yummy. Enjoy your dinner and football game with DS.

Sherry, Sorry there was no karate today. Can't wait to see your turtle.

Marisa, Have a fun weekend.

Val, Any super bowl plans?

Linda, Your casserole sounds yummy. When you go to warm it up add just a little bit of milk. Thats what i've done before.

Mary, Glad your eye is getting better.

I talked to DD and Maya today. Maya slept for 15 hours straight. She feels better but not quite over it yet. Maya said Iam so hungry. I told her to have some chicken noodle soup or some jello. I reminded her when I make chicken noodle soup for Great Grandma she always gets better. She said ok.

Are lunch was good. We had a cake i've not had before. It's an angel food cake and a can of crushed pineapple. You mix the two together and pour in a cake pan and bake. I don't know the temp or the amount of time. It was delicious. Forgot we topped it with cool whip.

In the morning were having breakfast burritos. We'll be watching the game here.

Hope everyone has a great sunday.

Marlene, I'm glad Maya is feeling better.  As for the superbowl, it will be just my sister Jack and myself.  We're going to cheer for the  Ravens.

Linda - Your casserole does sound delicious.  My sister doesn't like casseroles so we only get those when I cook.

Sherry - Sorry you didn't get to see your GSs.  Hopefully, next trip will be successful.

Judy - Have a good Sunday with DS.

Good night House...see you tomorrow!

Archived