Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone. Quick stop to say hi. Fairly quiet at work today, mostly because I had only one patient. The roads were icy this morning from the freezing rain we had Sunday night, but it got much warmer today, and the snow is now melting. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 55 and rainy.

I have to teach a class tomorrow so I will be spending the rest of the evening preparing.

Valerie ~ Ouch!  I hope the edema clears up soon.  Thank you for asking about my parents...things are pretty much the same.  At their ages, it's just amazing that they're doing as well as they are!

Linda ~ Your shawl sounds really pretty and warm!   I hope the doctor can help with the cough.  Continued hugs and prayers for John, Rosie and their family.  ( I can't find the "hugs" smilie - maybe I just keep missing it!)

Judy ~ Yum...How is the pot roast?

Marisa ~ Your weekend sounds fabulous!  I love it that your nephew is learning to crochet.  And yes, today is the day. ;)  Thank you!

I stayed at DD's until almost 1.  She and Luke went to the park and out to lunch after his dental appt. - and I got to spend extra time with Zachary!  Luke told me that I was his "best friend in the whole world"...of course so is everyone else. :lol

OH WOW!  I thought I had lost my post and was coming back in to start over...Marisa was right - at the bottom of the reply box I just clicked on "view auto saved content" and my post was still here. YAY!

Hi Cindy!

Thank you, Judy. :manyheart

:flower   :birthday   Happy Birthday, Mary!!!     :birthday     :flower

Saw the doctor and she gave me some antibiotics and cough pearls.  Said to stay away from crowds for 4 or 5 days, push fluids, and rest.

John is to get the feeding tube in tomorrow now.  At the same time they are going to go into the tear area and do another cleaning out of infection.  He had a couple of small blood clots in his arm so they are changing IV sites today.  Rosie and Melissa stayed at the hospital last night but are planning on going back to the house tonight.  They both said to say, "Thank you for all your prayers."

Hi Ho everyone...........

hope all is well...................

I'm finishing up laundry from today and trying to keep focused on my crocheting.   I really need to get these two prayer blankets done!!!

I have so many crochet projects on my 'to do' list.... I need to find a way to get my focus back!!

anyway......................

hugs to all ... :hug

:heart

:mug

Hi everyone

Didn't get home till about 6;45 so no craft club tonight! Just as well, as I need to catch up on another load of laundry that didn't get done this weekend! And it's kind of yucky out anyway, and I'm happy to be here in my comfy pj's!

:bday:cake  Mary!!!! Sounds like a nice morning spent with Zachary! :manyheart And so glad that you are Luke's best friend---along with others! LOL

Marisa- Sounds like you had a good weekend as well!!! YAy!  (and how do you type in the smileys?) They are not in any kind of order and I find it hard to find the one I want to use!

Val- I would be very careful with the edema---please get it checked out

Linda- I'm happy that you went to the doctor- now please follow his orders and rest up!!! Prayers continuing for John!

Tammy- How's Ken doing?

Cindy- Have a good class tomorrow. I'll be working late yet again!

Off to have leftovers--thank goodness there are only 2 of us so with meatloaf, there's always leftovers!

Hi Ladies,

Back when I lived in my hometown I was in a crochet group. Today we lost another friend. There was 6 of us and now there is only 2 of us. I will have to call her tomorrow and tell her about Juanita. We had some great times together. We would take road trips just to go out for lunch or to Tennessee for vacations. Juanita was expecting her first great grandchild this year. I am friends with her daughter and told her I would finish something if her Mom had something started. Turns out her Mom hadn't started anything yet. She had bought the yarn though, so when we get home I will pick it up and make something for the new baby. I'm glad she hadn't started anything as she was left handed and I'm not.

Tomorrow is Julie's birthday. I sent her a card and a note. I wonder how her or Shannon or anyone else that may not of been on in awhile will find the new ville.

Linda, Glad you went to the doctor.

Val, Don't mess around with that edema please.

Were decorating the hall tomorrow for Valentine's Day. Going to be a long day. Hubby is going golfing tomorrow. 

Hope everyone has a great tuesday!

Quick good morning!!!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday! I fell asleep last night in my chair with the laptop on my lap- slept for about 1 hour---then promptly went upstairs, made lunch for today and then went to bed. I didn't get up until the alarm went off!!! Guess I really needed some sleep!!!!

Sorry to hear about the loss, Marlene!

Make it a good day everyone!

.:: Good Morning House......................

This is just a quick pop in to say HI and Have a GREAT day!

I'm off to sub today at the elementary school.... so I'll catch up later this afternoon/evening!

Hugs to you all :hug

Good morning ladies :hi

And yep, it's early :lol  I think I have an early patient.  I forgot to put the appt in my schedule last week when he left :oops  First time I've done that!  But it's either today or tomorrow and so I figured I didn't want to take the chance of not being here since I really can't remember which day it is :blush

Last night was pretty relaxing, but Steph was in a mood so I just holed up in my room :lol  They have a little leak somewhere and can't pinpoint it just yet, so the mood is well warranted :shrug

Cindy - A quiet day is always nice in the mix of busy ones, but when they're too often it makes for long days.  The weather is super strange here too.  Rain and 60 today and tomorrow, 30 and snow on Thursday :think  Have fun teaching your class today.

Mary - Sounds like a great morning with Zach :clap  How did Luke's dentist appt go?

Linda - I hope you feel better soon :hug  Continued prayers for John and his family :hug

Tam - Have fun subbing today.  Hopefully your crochet mojo will be back in no time :wink

Joanne - Sorry you didn't make it to craft club. To type out the smileys it's a : and then the word so for a laugh it's : lol ....take away the space after the colon and you get :lol  The main ones I stick to are hi :hi welcome :welcome clap :clap yay :yay jumpyay :jumpyay bounce :bounce cheer :cheer woo :woo birthday :birthday wink :wink oops :oops shrug :shrug blush :blush hug  :hug ghug  :ghug think :think rofl :rofl yes :yes soap :soap eek :eek coffee :coffee tea :tea and then if I'm looking for something else then I need to investigate further. 

Val - Be careful with your legs, if you're still getting the pitting edema you really should go see your doctor :yes:soap

Marlene - So sorry to hear about your friend :hug  I've been worried about Julie as well :ghug

Good morning. It's super foggy outside this morning. Not terribly cold, but everything is shrouded in fog and appears ghostly. Kind of neat actually. Glad I'm not planning to drive in it though. I ended up spending most of the night in the recliner. Every time I lay down, I had coughing fits and/or leg cramps. Guess I should have seen the doctor a day sooner, but of course they aren't open on Sunday and it wasn't worth a trip to the ER. With luck the meds will start kicking in today and I'll be fine tonight. I actually slept pretty good in the chair.

Hope everyone has a good day. More later.

Hi House. :)  Thanks to all for the birthday wishes! It was a good day and I'm way past worrying about getting older. :lol  I think Julie's birthday is tomorrow - the 30th. :yes

Tammy ~ I hope your day at school goes well.  Oh, you have every reason to have trouble focusing right now. :hug   Is your DH back home yet?

Linda ~ Feel better soon - keeping fingers crossed that the Rx kicks in soon! :manyheart

Marisa ~ Don't feel bad about the appt. mix-up...we all forget things!  Luke loves going to the dentist - so far anyway. :D  They make balloon animals and send one home each time...that helps, too. ;)

Valerie ~ I hope your legs are much better today!  Looking forward to seeing your hats.

Marlene ~ Have fun with the decorating! ♥♥♥   I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.  :hug

Hi Judy and anyone I've missed!

We're supposed to have strong thunderstorms and 60-70 mph winds around mid - day.  Yuk!  I'm staying home just in case.  I've finished 1/2 of the baby 'ghan squares and may join some today. :)

Hello! I had the best group for class today. Very motivated and engaged. Off for two days now. Tomorrow both my DD's and I are going out for the day. Youngest dd is taking us to lunch, since both oldest dd and I had birthdays last week. We will either shop afterwards or do something like visiting the museum or the Botanical gardens. The gardens are a bit of a waste in winter though, sine the outdoor stuff isn't blooming. I guess we could visit the sculpture exhibit, and maybe there is an art exhibit there as well.

It's 50 degrees here and pouring rain. Hard to believe yep that I went to work on icy roads yesterday.

Val, hope your legs are improved today.

Marisa, was today your early patient day? Sounds like you had a really great talk with your nephew for your birthday.

Linda, hope Johns feeding tube procedure went well. Continued prayers for him and Rosie. Hope you feel better soon.

Mary, we had thunderstorms and torrential rain last night. Quite a few people lost power. Hope the weather for you was not as bad as predicted.

Marlene, sorry to hear about your friend. At times like this, it must be hard to be so far away.

I'll be posting this pic on the January Charity CAL, too....hats and blankie, but the squares were donated for the cause.

....ok - forget about it - I don't know how to do it here and am too tired to figure it out

Cindy ~ A day with both daughters sounds so nice!  We lucked out on the weather - just some high wind and rain, but nothing severe. :rain

Judy ~ Here is the way I posted pics: 

Click on "more reply options" at bottom right of the post box;   "Attach" shows up at the bottom left of the post box;  click browse and find the pics on your computer or a website.  Hope that helps. :yes

Love making big pots of soup and having some to pull out of the freezer on days like today!  Lentil and Italian sausage soup with cornbread for supper. :D

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, Hope today was the day for your early appt so you won't have to be to early tomorrow.

Cindy, Have a nice time out with your DD's tomorrow.

Mary, Glad you didn't get any of the severe weather some of the states are getting. Thanks for the tip on how to post pics.

Joanne, Sorry you missed craft club last night.

Linda, Hope your medicine helps you feel better quickly.

Tam, Hope you had a good day subbing.

Judy, Hope you had a good day.

We have the hall all decorated for Valentine's Day. It's an all day job. We had 13 people working on it.

On the news tonight it says we are going to have another week of the 70's. :clap

I talked to Maya today. She asked me what my favorite season was, I said summer because it gets hot. She said her favorite is spring because she likes the muddy puddles. She said she really likes all the seasons.

Hubbies sister called and she is having surgery tomorrow. There going to see what is going on with the blockage. The doctor said he isn't sure what is happening. If you all wouldn't mind keeping her in your thoughts or prayers.

Were going to meet the group for ice cream. Will catch you all tomorrow. Have a great wednesday!

Sherry, Hope you've only been busy and not lost.

Hi Marlene!  Sending positive thoughts and prayers that your sister-in-law's surgery goes well.

Maya is so cute...I think we all loved "muddy puddles" at that age! :)  I bet the decorations are wonderful!

Evening House.....................

:whew... what a day.    Good but long day.   Going in to work helps the day go by quicker so I can kind of get through not being able to visit  hubby since he's in isolation.  :(

Finally home... dinner done... fresh cup of coffee in front of me.... catching up here.... and crocheting next to me to work on!

Trying to think of some things to do for fundraising to help get some extra money to help pay for my son Patrick to go on his trip this summer.

I really need to get my hook moving and sell some crochet items.

uhoh... need coffee refill...... bbiab!  :)

Archived