Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning!

Love the idea of using the bold type- but you can't do that on an ipad! So I'm on my laptop!

Busy, busy, busy- that's all I can say! This project won't be over till at least April, I'm afraid--but finally things are starting to fall into place ---too much to explain- but suffice it to say- this too shall end! ;)   I'm sorry you're so darn busy! :hug    Dont want the year to go by too quick... but hope April comes soon for you!

Tam- Prayers continuing for Ken! Hugs :hug Thanks sweetie!!!!!

I'm off for a hair cut/color early this AM Oh NICE..... that should make you feel good!  and then have to log in to work at some point later on this morning. I may just go to the office because what i need to do is so much easier with two monitors--plus I'll already be 1/2 way to work --I'm all about faster and easier!!!

Off to do a few things before heading out for a little pampering!

Good morning ladies :hi

Hmmm, I tried to copy and paste my post from my other thread I chat in and it wouldn't let me :think

hmmm... thats weird.........

Well, I'm waiting on 2 patients to get here, husband and wife.  Due at 9 :)

Then I have to run to Sam's and Staples.  I went to Staples yesterday and picked up 5 jump drives to start saving from my external hard drive that is on its last leg Good idea!!!    :think And they only scanned 4 of them.  And since I'm not that type of person to let it go, I called them yesterday and will stop back up there to get that taken care of

That's about it for now.  I didn't take notes since I wanted to finish up before my patient arrived.  So have a wonderful weekend  Have a great weekend too :hug

Hi, ya!

Tam, good to hear from you. Your headache: since you were teaching did you not have your usual quota of caffeine?   I'm gettin' plenty of coffee......... I think alot of this is stress.   

I asked DS what he would like for dinner tomorrow....after I nixed Lamb (need a bank loan to buy it - if you can find it) he asked for Greek meatballs and Spinach pie. Easy peasy!! Messy, but easy!  LOL....  meatballs and pie sound good though!

Good morning.

I think my posting issues are explained. Amy says its because I'm posting from an IPad.

Winter has definitely arrived in our corner of Michigan. It's been snowing since Wednesday afternoon, but up to last evening, it hadn't amounted to more than a couple of inches. This is what we woke up to this morning. One picture from the front door, one from the back.  Those are beautiful pictures!   Looks alot like here!

Hmm, posting pictures is really simple with this new software. Here are a couple of recent finishes. A pair of crocheted baby boots and a knit baby sweater. OMGosh... those are adorable!   GREAT JOB!

Hi House! 

Tammy ~ Thinking of you all - are they giving you any news about when you'll be able to see Ken?  I hope you can relax a bit this weekend and have some time with you hook and/or needles. :manyheart

Thank you!!!   No news yet on when we can go see him.  

I got one slipper knitted today.   Starting on the other one here in a sec.    I also put a few rows on my ripple'ghan for my friends son.  

Good morning/afternoon Housemates!

I didn't have to leave the house this morning and got to sleep in.  :yay for sleeping in!   

Tam - I'm sorry your headache is still there.  I usually take a goody powder and Mtn Dew when mine lingers.  I hope you get to see Ken soon.  Enjoy your weekend with the boys.  Hopefully, you'll get your hooking done.   I take several extra strength excederine... which usually knock it down to something I can power through... but not today.   :(     Hugs to you my friend!  :hug

Have a super Saturday Housemates!

Good morning/afternoon, everyone.  The way my blankets and pillows ended up in my bed this morning it looks like someone is still in there sleeping.  :lol   LOL  I've got a quiet day planned for the most part today.   I'm thinking of putting a casserole in the oven to bake: sliced potatoes, onion, ham, spices, and cheese.YUMMY!   Maybe some cream of mushroom soup too.  Would give me lots of good leftovers, although warming them up is a pain without a microwave.  I have hopes of getting a new one next month.  Getting caught up on bills has taken a while, but I'm getting there.  :) 

Tammy ~ Praying for Ken and all of you.  You can't even gown and mask up to see him?  Yikes!  No wonder you all going nuts.  Hope you have a good, restful weekend.  :hug yeah... it all really stinks!!!!   Thanks dear!  :hug

Have a great and restful Saturday.  I'll check back later.  :ghug 

Hi All!

Tam - so sorry you still can see Ken.  Hopefully soon you will be able to go in and see him.  how's the headache?  Thanks... yeah.. .I hope so too!   Head is bad today.. have been sitting in a dim lit room all day to help.

Well I did my taxes and I'm not happy.  We had extra held out for federal and state.  Getting a little back from federal but have to pay 500 to the state, grrrrrrrrrrr.  I guess I'll have to hold out even more just so we can break even -- maybe next year.

yuck!!!!!!!!!! hate tax time!!!

Went to see GS at karate and got there and they were closed.  There is a gymnastics place by them and they were having a big tournament, so they close.  We didn't get to go last week since GS was ill.  I guess I'll have to wait another week to see him. Oh goodness!!!!

I've been testing a turtle for TurtleLvr.  It's so cute.  I have the body done, now I'm working on the head.  I hope to get it done today or tomorrow.  I plan to give it to little GS as he's have dental surgery on Thursday. Cant wait to see!!!!!

Well, I'd better get back to my crocheting and watching OU basketball.

Hugs to all!

Hi Ladies,

Tam, I hope your headache went away. Hopefully you'll get to see Ken soon. Keeping all of you in my prayers. Have a fun weekend at home with the boys. Thanks sweetie!!!!!! :hug

I talked to DD and Maya today. Maya slept for 15 hours straight. what a nice rest!  She feels better but not quite over it yet. Maya said Iam so hungry. I told her to have some chicken noodle soup or some jello. I reminded her when I make chicken noodle soup for Great Grandma she always gets better. She said ok.  oh... how sweet!

Are lunch was good. We had a cake i've not had before. It's an angel food cake and a can of crushed pineapple. You mix the two together and pour in a cake pan and bake. I don't know the temp or the amount of time. It was delicious. Forgot we topped it with cool whip.    love it!

In the morning were having breakfast burritos. We'll be watching the game here.

Hope everyone has a great sunday.

:heart

:mug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and happy Super Bowl Sunday!!

Yesterday didn't go as planned. Got a call from the salon owner @7 :30 that my hairdresser was sick. So had to reschedule for next Saturday. No pampering yesterday!! Was working on and off throughout the day. Still having some issues but thankfully the problems are not on our side.

This afternoon we are going over to DD's so finally will get some Ryan time!!!! I'm going to do some crocheting on my new GS's blanket this morning. It has been languishing in its project bag. Realized this morning he's due next month!!! And she had Ryan a few weeks before her due date so I'd better get busy on it

We had about an inch of snow last night. It looks pretty but nothing like the pretty pics that Cindy posted.

Off to get coffee and a little quiet hook time. On my iPad so I can't bold the type :-(

Eta after I posted had to go back to edit because even though I had separated paragraphs thy came ou all together. This never used to happen before on the ville when I used my iPad.

Hi, ya peeps!

Marlene, sleeping like Maya did was always a sign for me that DS was getting better...hopefully it's the same for her!

your cake sounds good! No other suff....just the 2 ingredients??

Tam, take care of YOU! Everyone needs mom...and if you don't feel well everything else falls apart.

Joanne, oh, been there with the canceled hair appointment! Enjoy your Ryan fix - and get a move on with the other baby ghan! Looking forward to pics!

Sherry, yup, paying taxes - ugh! I have to collate our records for the accountant who does ours. We usually break even...and we have to pay our property taxes for the quarter. Last year we paid over 8,000 for property taxes! Thank goodness we're able to still live here. Others have such a hard time, with kids in college, etc.

Would you do me a favor: We need a little prayer here. I won't go into it, but it's health-related (could be serious or not - won't know till we consult with a doctor)...and and even Sparkie seems to have a infection in his jowl. As Tam might say...it looks like we're under a spiritual attack. All it does, though, is strengthen my faith.

Thanks

BBL

.:: Good Morning House.................

we're up and getting ready for church.... so wanted to pop in and say :hi HI!!!!

shhh.... dont want to say this too loud... but the doctors might let us see hubby for about an hour today!   Cross your fingers and pray... :)

Good morning and happy Super Bowl Sunday!!

Yesterday didn't go as planned. Got a call from the salon owner @7 :30 that my hairdresser was sick. So had to reschedule for next Saturday. No pampering yesterday!! awww man........... what a bummer!!! Was working on and off throughout the day. Still having some issues but thankfully the problems are not on our side.

This afternoon we are going over to DD's so finally will get some Ryan time!!!! :yay YAY!!!!!  I'm going to do some crocheting on my new GS's blanket this morning. It has been languishing in its project bag. Realized this morning he's due next month!!! And she had Ryan a few weeks before her due date so I'd better get busy on it LOL.. yeah you better ... heheheeee

We had about an inch of snow last night. It looks pretty but nothing like the pretty pics that Cindy posted.

Off to get coffee and a little quiet hook time. Awesome!!!!!  On my iPad so I can't bold the type :-(

Eta after I posted had to go back to edit because even though I had separated paragraphs thy came ou all together. This never used to happen before on the ville when I used my iPad.

Hi, ya peeps!

Marlene, sleeping like Maya did was always a sign for me that DS was getting better...hopefully it's the same for her!

your cake sounds good! No other suff....just the 2 ingredients??

Tam, take care of YOU! Everyone needs mom...and if you don't feel well everything else falls apart.  I'm doin' my best....  its hard when there is no one to help.   I mean the boys are helpful... but I think you know what I mean... the general help.   Of course its  so hard to sleep... my mind doesnt shut down.  

Joanne, oh, been there with the canceled hair appointment! Enjoy your Ryan fix - and get a move on with the other baby ghan! Looking forward to pics!

Sherry, yup, paying taxes - ugh! I have to collate our records for the accountant who does ours. We usually break even...and we have to pay our property taxes for the quarter. Last year we paid over 8,000 for property taxes! Thank goodness we're able to still live here. Others have such a hard time, with kids in college, etc.

Would you do me a favor: We need a little prayer here. I won't go into it, but it's health-related (could be serious or not - won't know till we consult with a doctor)...and and even Sparkie seems to have a infection in his jowl. As Tam might say...it looks like we're under a spiritual attack. All it does, though, is strengthen my faith.Oh honey...................... PRAYERS being said!!!!!  :hug    Dont you worry.... no matter the outcome... God is right there with you the whole step of the way!   :hug  Trust me.... you will get through it ... no matter what it is!   Will it be easy... nope... not always... but you will okay!  :hug

Thanks

BBL

Off to get more coffee and finish getting ready for church

catch up laterl......

:heart

:mug

Woo hoo. No work today. Nothing will be ready at least until this afternoon and they already knew I had plans made for this afternoon/evening.

Judy--- prayers being said!!!! And hope that it isnt serious. Hugs. I did 4 rows on the blanket before stopping to make French toast for breakfast. Going to stay in pj's a while longer and work in it some more

Tam- oh that would be wonderful if you could see Ken today

Good morning, all.

Judy ~ I hope you guys can get in to see the doctor tomorrow and can resolve the health problem. :hug   Not knowing is always hard.  Enjoy your day with DS and we're cheering for the Ravens! 

Tammy ~ Oh, keeping fingers crossed that you'll be able to see Ken today. :manyheart:hug

Marlene ~ Great news about Maya. :)   Hopefully, her strength will come back pretty quickly.

Hi to everyone at Our House.  I've got a super headache (very rare for me) and will check back in later.

Good morning everyone.  Last night was full of coughing, so not a lot of sleep, but the coughing hasn't been at all bad this morning so far, so maybe that was the worst of it giving me one last fit.  Not very energetic so far, but did get the mail this morning.  It started raining in the afternoon and kept it up all night, so didn't get it yesterday.  :P 

Joanne ~ I had forgotten how soon #2 was coming up.  You better get a move on now.  :manyheart   Glad you are getting some Ryan time in today.  Enjoy the Super Bowl.

Mary ~ Hope the headache takes a hike real soon.  :hug 

Judy ~ Prayers for good health headed your way.  :hug 

Tammy ~ Oh, that would be wonderful if you get to see Ken today!  :xfin   Hoping all goes as planned!  :ghug 

I'll be going over to Carol's house this afternoon, so better get a move on.  Have a great day!  :cheer 

Good afternoon Housemates!

I was up and down all night!  I've only been up about an hour!

Tam - Praying that you will be able to see Ken!

Judy - Lifting you up in prayer and claiming victory in your health situation.

Joanne - Enjoy your R&R this morning and your evening with Ryan and the fam.

Mary - Praying you get relief with the headache!

Sherry - I hope you're feeling better today!

Going to make some hot chocolate.  I'd rather have coffe but I don't have any halfnhalf for cream(a must).  I plan to get some hooking time in today.

Have a good day all Housemates!

BBL!

Hi everyone. Still snowing here. I went for a walk in it yesterday afternoon. Made the dog very happy.

Marlene, hope Maya is on the mend now. I've made that pineapple-angel food cake before because it works with weight watchers. I think it's 2 points for a small piece, but I don't remember exactly. It's very good, doesn't taste diet at all. My recipe just said to bake it for the amount of time on the cake mix box. However, mine didn't take quite as long. I read that it works best with the one step cake mix, rather than the one where you first beat the egg white mixture and then fold in the rest. I used a two step mix, and beat the egg whites with the crushed pineapple first, and then added the other part of the mix, and it seemed fine to me.

Judy, praying for whatever health issues are going on at your house. Also for you and the boys Tam, that you will get to see Ken today, and that you will be able to keep up all your responsibilities at home.

Joanne, hope you get to relax today. You have been so busy.

Mary, hope that headache is gone by now.

Val, Sherry, Linda, hope you all have a great day.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!  We've got our snacks ready to fix (had to have DD pick up things she can eat--limited salt).  Will be fixing Taco Soup, fritos scoop chips, and then some other things that she can have.  I'll probably have popcorn as well.  Yum yum!  I'd looking forward to most of the commercials--there are some that are not very appealing but most of them are good.

Went to early service this morning, have already fixed and ate lunch and got the head of the turtle done.  Will have to get the legs and tail done and sewn on and he will be complete and ready for GS.  Will post a pic when I get it done.

Does anyone know if you can save the text/font sizes and colors so you don't have to do it each time?

Tam - praying you get in and have a visit with Ken.

Marlene - Glad Maya is feeling better.  Kids rebound from this stuff a lot quicker than those that are older.

Joanne - Hope you have a great day today!  I'm sure you had a good time with Ryan.

Judy - praying for you and a good outcome.

Cindy - Enjoy your snow and be careful!

Thinking of all of my friends here!

Have a great Sunday!  Hugs to all!

TY all for the prayers and good thoughts....I really appreciate each one of you.

Cindy, I took Lucy out in the one inch of snow we had and we walked...she still managed to get her snout all covered in white!

Mary, I hope the headache is gone by now....hugs.

Linda, yup - maybe it was the last of the coughing for you. it'll be great to finally get rid of it!

Tam, I hope you got to see Ken!

Well, time to start making the meatballs. Lettuce is all washed for the salad, so I'm in good shape. Just have to heat up the Spinach pie.

BB when I can - maybe not till tomorrow morning....

Yes!  The headache is about gone.  :)   It's really warm and windy, so it's probably allergies.

Valerie ~ Hot chocolate - Yum!  What are you working on now? 

Sherry ~ Your game food sounds so good!  I don't know of any way we can save settings here, but maybe someone will know!

Linda ~ Have fun with your friends! 

Cindy ~ How much snow have you had?  Be safe out on the roads. :yes

I've been downloading books on the Nook fo DH...he got a couple of B&N gift cards for Christmas and it's a fun way to shop!  Now it's crochet time. :)  I need to count the squares and see where I'm at.

Have a good "rest of the day," everyone. :manyheart

Mary - I'm glad your headache is gone.  I've made a dishcloth this afternoon.  I need to work on wips but I'm in that I want to do something new and I want to be able to complete it.  I'm enjoying the dishcloth thing.  Have fun with your hook.

Sherry - your food is making me hungry.

Judy - I don't eat spinach but your food sound delicious as well.  Have fun with DS.

BBL!

WooHoo!!!  I got the turtle finished!!  Will have to ask if I can post it on here now or if I need to wait.  It turned out really cute.  Hope GS likes it.

Mary - DH, DD and I have a Nook Color and love it.  I got a gift card for my nook and have almost spent it all.  Getting books and a couple of games for my recovery time after knee surgery.  Glad your headache is almost gone.  We have Cedar pollen here and it's been horrible.

Judy - I hope your meatballs turned out great!  I like spinach would try your spinach pie. 

Enjoyed the game, most of the commercials.  Could do without the godaddy.com commericals, they are tasteless.  The Bud commercials were good.  Not sure what my favorite was.

Well, it's late since the game lasted so long.  Have a great evening all!

Hugs to all of you!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Yes only two ingredients. Prayers coming your way.

Joanne, Glad you had some Ryan time today.

Mary, Glad your headache is better.

Sherry, :clap for finishing your turtle.

Linda, I hope your cold is close to running it's course. Hope you had a fun time at Carol's.

Tam, Hope you got to see Ken today.

Val, :clap for finishing another dishcloth.

Cindy, Hope you had a nice day!

DD had to work today so since we didn't talk I'm guessing she worked. DS called me late last night to see what I might have at the house for Jocelyn she was sick to. When I talked to him again this afternoon she was eating and doing much better.

I watched the game and the commercials. There was some cute ones and I agree with Sherry the godaddy.com were tasteless.

I have pt early in the morning so I'm off. Hope everyone has a good monday!

Sherry - WTG on the turtle.  Looking forward to pictures.

Marlene - Glad your granddaughters are feeling better.  Your cake sounds like a short version of the pineapple upside down cake.    Sending you well wishes for pt tomorrow.

Just got home from picking up DNeph.  Got an early dropoffs tomorrow morning so off to bed I go.

Good night all!

Just checking in.  Had a great time at Carol's.  Her daughter, Tina, cooked while Carol and I worked on quilts and crochet.  We enjoyed laughing at Tina's whoops and groans as the game was on.  There were some really cute commercials and some really tasteless duds.  I cut out the initial strips for John's quilt and actually put one 25 square block together while there.  Also said a few cuss words when I made several miss cuts on the fabric. 

And said some choice words when the lens on the right side of my glasses kept falling out of the frame.    :oops AGAIN!!!  :bang  They try to fix them and the fix lasts maybe 2 months and then it's back to falling out again.  This is getting OLD!  :thair   This is like the 3rd or 4th time now that it's happened.  And the time between fixes is getting progressively shorter.

Catch you all tomorrow.  Ummm.  :P   I guess that's later today.  :D 

Good Morning, everyone. :)   DH doesn't have to leave as early today, but I've still been up since 5. :)

The game was a good one, but I agree about the commercials!  We had a fire and DH made tomato omelettes...not a very traditional Super Bowl meal. :lol

Sherry ~ Do you have a date for the surgery?  Yes, you'll at least have more time for crocheting and games for a while!

Marlene ~ I hope Jocelyn and Maya are both much better very soon. :manyheart

Valerie ~ Know just how you feel. :lol   I'm wanting to start something new, too...but am determined to finish this baby 'ghan first. ;)

Linda ~ Yay for getting so much done on the quilt! :cheer

DH is up, so time to feed the pets and get to work.

Good morning, peeps.

Waiting for the contractor to come and install my new kitchen wondow (broke the old one when tilting it in to clean it) and put in a kitchen backsplash!

The game was really something else last night! The officials could have done a better job, but that's usually the case, I think. We were yelling, too Linda!

Sherry, the meatballswere a huge hit - and the spinach pie was good, too. DS went home with some of both, as well as a big portion of pot roast I had in the freezer.

Can't let the boy go hungry!

Mary, Cindy, Val, have a good day! Need to corral Cujo (aka Lucy) before the guys come.

Hi ladies,

Just a quick pop in. When I got up this morning there was a text Hubby's brother had a stroke yesterday. All we know is what hospital he is in and that he can talk. No one in the family was called, even one brother was at his house yesterday. Strange family. His wife even went home before they put him upstairs in his room. I'm sure she knew he was okay, just odd. Not something I or one of his sisters would of done. Would you keep him in your prayers? BBL

Good morning Housemates!

Marlene - Lifting you and your family up in prayer.  I hope BIL has a speedy recovery.  I would have stayed at the hospital until he was settled as well.  I would have also called his siblings and kids (if any).  Have a good day and take care of you.

Judy - Lucy (Cujo)?? :lol cute!!!  You DS seems to have won the superbowl (plenty of good food).  Have a good day!

Linda - WTG on your quilting.  Looking forward to more pictures.  I'm glad you had a great Sunday.  I know your glass problem is annoying.  I need to go have my adjusted because they are driving me crazy.

Marisa, Cindy, Joanne, Sherry, Tam & Mary...have a great day!

BBL!!

Judy - Lucy (Cujo)?? :lol cute!!!  You DS seems to have won the superbowl (plenty of good food).  Have a good day!

If you walked up to the house and were standing on the other side of the glass storm door you might not think she was so cute! SHe even charges the door when our son comes over! People have to call first, we put her in her crate, and if its people here for a visit she gets out and visits with everyone and is as sweet as pie.

Can't understand these females GSDs sometimes!

OK - here;s the baby RR made using whatever I had at hand. I like using more than 2 colors.

It's 42 inches in diameter and of course is going to the NICU

post-8552-0-10469100-1359996848_thumb.jpg

Archived