Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi, ladies...

Joanne, I've been wearing a shawl when in the back of the house (kitchen area). there's absolutely no insulation in this house but the back part is the worst. I'll be glad for the slight warm up when it gets here...so I can have good memories for when it gets bitterly cold again!

Glad to hear you're still knitting!

I took a pic of my charity CAL projects and just need to upload it to the puter and see if the same method works...

I'm getting the hang  of it here...but the smiley set up isn't the best, I think. They're also very small - but that might just be because I'm on my netbook.

have agood night everyone

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening, all.  I ran some errands this evening after finishing another book this afternoon.  I'm planning on making Rosie's John a modified double Irish chain quilt for his bed.  He's still in the pulmonary ICU and still in serious condition.  He now has pneumonia on top of everything else.  Just talked to Rosie and she said that the doctors now say that he is inching forward now, but that it will be weeks (and weeks) before he comes home.  They sent her home tonight and told her to get 12 hours sleep in her own bed so that she doesn't get sick.  She had a glass of wine with her supper and is now lying down.  Keep Rosie and John in your prayers as it's going to be a long haul.

Sooo much to learn.  :compute   Donna posted that some of the user settings aren't changed yet...so I'm guessing that's why I can't do a couple of things.

Linda ~ Good for you for nearly finishing the quilt!

It sure has been a long week!  I've missed all of you and hope everyone is okay. :)  Here are some squares for the baby afghan (lots more since the picture was taken)  and the Surreybelle scarf is finished. 

attachicon.gif006.JPGattachicon.gif010.JPG

This is a feature of the software that is turned on by default. We are not using this feature now so I have turned it off. Poof, it's gone! :)

:whew

I made it......................dont understand it ... but made it!

bbiab!

:mug

Mary ~ love your afghan and scarf.

Thanks for the explanation and removal of the unused default feature, Donna.

There are things that I'm sure we'll all have to get used to, but practice makes perfect.

Stay warm, Judy.

Thank you, Donna!  After looking around more, I think I've figured things out.  That can change at any time, though. :lol

You're welcome!

I think I've figured things out too!  The only thing that I have to get used to are the 'smiley's-they are not in any particulary grouped order- :think

Yes, that's something I'm going to be looking into. They're difficult to use in a big, long, random group. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the explanation and removal of the unused default feature, Donna.

There are things that I'm sure we'll all have to get used to, but practice makes perfect.

You're welcome! Thank you for drawing my attention to it.

Glad to hear that Donna will be looking into the smileys. Thanks Donna!!

I did a little knitting and then did another square for the sunny spread which has been languishing in my WIP pile. Only 3 more and I'll have 20 and will then join them together.

:cakeHappy Birthday, Marisa! :cake

Good Morning!  It sure is nice to have the 'Ville back again. :yes  Thanks again for the compliments - it's been a long time since I made anything but two-round saltines. :lol

Judy ~ Looking forward to pictures!  I hope it warms up soon.

Linda ~ Sending more hugs and prayers for John and Rosie.

Joanne ~ I love the bright colors in your granny stripe and it is fun to have larger avatars! 

We're going out to breakfast about 9 and then over to see the kids for a while.  Have a great morning, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning Housemates!

Donna - Thanks for checking on us and informing us about the feature.

Mary - Beautiful square and scarf.  Have fun at breakfast and with the kids.  What's on your hook now?

Linda - Thanks for helping.  Lifting Rosie and John up in prayer.

Marisa - Wishing you the very best birthday ever!

Tam - Glad you made it!

Cindy - I hope you had a great day celebrating your birthday.

Hello to everyone else...I hope all is well.

It has been cold here(20s & 30s).  It warmed up a bit yesterday and it's suppose to be warmer today.  We're suppose to be in the 70s around Tuesday. 

I made a sock monkey hat and a valentine dog hat.  I have to purchase the eyes (buttons) and then I'll take pictures and post.

Have a great day everyone!

BBL!

morning peeps!

Sunny and cold - again....but it's supposed to warm up into the 30's later...LOL!

Linda, most definitely have been keeping John and Rosie in my prayers...along with Tam's Ken....

Been browsing here, so need to get dressed now. Hope to post my pic later today.

Pot roast (MIL's recipe), roasted potatoes and garlic string beans for dinner today!

Good morning!

Judy. Your dinner sounds yummy. We are having meatloaf ,baked potatoes and vegetable still to be determined. Garlic string beans sound great!

Val. Can't wait to see pics of your projects. I'm very excited that it is going to be 30 degrees today! LOL

Linda. Definitely have John and Rosie in my prayers

Mary. Enjoy breakfast out. I made waffles and sausage this morning. Hoping to get time to visit Ryan today but lots to do since I worked yesterday

Marisa, Tammy, Cindy, Marlene, Sherry and Tammy. Thinking of all of you. Happy Sunday!!!!!!

Hello friends! Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a great weekend. My brother and his wife surprised me with a visit. Luckily I was home alone Thursday evening and vacuumed, mopped floors and cleaned bathrooms. Otherwise I'd have been pretty embarrassed! Last night we had a great dinner at DD's house. It's her 30th birthday today. Her dh bought her a new laptop.

Hopefully I will catch all my typos in this post, but if not, bear with me. I'm typing from my iPad and its spell check feature can sometimes turn my typos into by interesting words. So if you run across a sentence that does not make sense, blame it on technology!

Happy birthday, Marisa! (At least I think it's today)

Mary, I really like your Surreybelle scarf. Such a pretty pattern, and a great color too. Your square looks great too. Have fun with the "kids" today.

Joanne, you're going to be really good at knitting if you keep up the practicing. I knit a dishcloth while visiting with my sister in law. She knit one of those ruffle scarves while she was here, and she also brought me one she had knit for me. I see all sorts of those ruffle scarves when I'm out and about around here. This morning in church one lady was wearing one that was made out of regular yarn, not the specialty kind that is made for the scarves.

Oh and meatloaf and baked potatoes are one of my favorite meals to cook, so easy and yummy!

Judy's dinner sounds good too. It's going to be chicken and fettuccine Alfredo here.

Linda, I continue to pray for John and Rosie, sounds like it is going to be along hard road for them. Hope Rosie got a good nights sleep.

Judy, I wear a shawl a lot when I'm sitting reading or crafting. Our house is well insulated, but I'm still cold when I sit still.

Marlene, it's so great when things work out. I'm glad you could get both things accomplished in one trip. It has snowed here pretty much non stop from Sunday to Friday. However, it did not amount to much around here, maybe three inches at the most. At my DD's house which is nearer to the lake, they have about eight inches. It's quite cold still, and there is freezing rain in the forecast for tonight, although its supposed to start warming up tomorrow.

Sherri, hope you have all those W2s done. Usually mine arrives right at the end of the month, but this year it was here around the 15th already.

Amy, thanks for checking in on us. I ams till getting used to this, but I think the overall look of the site is a little cleaner. It will shut take some time to feel comfortable, I think.

Tam, hope that you will find some time to update us on Ken. Continuing to pray for all of you.

Val, have you started back on your 63 squares afghan yet? I made another square.

The first time I posted the above post, it looked fine in the post box, with one blank line between each paragraph, but when I hit post, the entire thing was one long running paragraph. I ended up having to make several blank lines between each paragraph in order for them to be separate. Guess there is going to be more of a learning curve than I thought.

Hi!  I'm off to a slow start today.  I'm in the mood to do some work on another quilt top today.  I'm thinking of working on the Kyoto quilt today.

Marisa ~ Hope you have a truly wonderful birthday!  :flower   :birthday    :flower

All your supper plans sound absolutely yummy.  I've got no clue as to what I'm going to have at this point.  :shrug

Hope you all have a great day.  :ghug   

The first time I posted the above post, it looked fine in the post box, with one blank line between each paragraph, but when I hit post, the entire thing was one long running paragraph. I ended up having to make several blank lines between each paragraph in order for them to be separate. Guess there is going to be more of a learning curve than I thought.

Cindy- the same thing keeps happening to me as well.

I return two lines and when I hit post, its one long run on paragraph! Maybe a glitch that has yet to be worked out?????

Glad you had a nice birthday! And sounds like DD had a great 30th -getting a new laptop!!! Woo-hoo!!

I'll be getting my W-2 at the last possible moment, like always, I'm sure. DH is getting anxious- wants to put in the tax return- he finally decided that this year he will have an accountant do the taxes and all they are waiting on is my W-2- we're getting $ back which is good and I will use my perfect attendance award (should receive it in Mar) and part of the $ to buy a new ipad or an ipad mini- haven't decided. The first gen Ipad that I have is no longer supported with lots of the updates. It still works fine, and I may end up restoring it to the original default settings and give it my starving artist DD!

Took care of the absolute essential cleaning, meatloaf is made and I'm sitting down to hook for a bit. DD is visiting with a friend today, so probably won't get a chance to see Ryan---but maybe later.

See you later, gators!

EDIT-= This time it didn't come out as one paragraph---I'm thinking it may have something to with posting from the Ipad. Right now I'm posting from my laptop and it didn't happen!

Hi again!

Cindy, you pegged it correctly: this new software has a cleaner look than the old forum....but it will take time to get used to it all.

Well, we didn't have the huge dinner...instead we repurposed some furniture. DH said he would be happy with whatever we had easy to prepare form the freezer, so that, a salad, and dinner was served.

I got my comfy recliner int he room off the kitchen and the kitchen table has been disassembled, since we never really need it. If we do need it for an occasion it's easy enough to put it back. The area is now so roomy and comfy - I love it. And I have all the light coming in from the patio windows, plus pot lights right overhead if needed. My bag of crochet is sitting next to me right now, waiting for attention.

Hi to everyone I haven't yet gotten to....it's good to be back!!!

Hi again.  I hope it's been a good Sunday for everyone!

Judy ~ Your new room arrangement sounds so nice. :yes  We have a dining room that never gets used - everyone wants to be in the kitchen and breakfast room.  What do Sparkie and Lucy think about the changes?

Valerie ~ Your hats sound so cute!  I have two things going now...another scarf and this pattern.  It's called "Sweet Pea Afghan" so I think it must have been named for Linda's dog. :hook

Cindy ~ What a wonderful birthday surprise!  It's a good thing no one has dropped in here lately...everything needs a good cleaning. 

Linda ~ Can't wait to see pictures of the next quilt project!

Joanne ~ Your dinner menu sounds so good!  I've barely started on taxes yet. :ohdear   We don't have DH's W2 either - I think they have to mail them by the 31st.  Of course, we have to pay so I'm in no hurry. :lol

Hi to the rest of the house, too! :manyheart

We stayed at DD's for a couple of hours and Luke was very entertaining.  He was explaining the names of 7 dinosaurs to us...all those syllables and he did pretty well. ;)   Zach is so much bigger than Luke at this age and smiles, laughs and loves watching his brother.  I'm taking care of him tomorrow am while DD takes Luke to the dentist. :c9

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Keeping John and Rosie in my prayers. I hope she was able to get some good rest/sleep.

Joanne, Glad you made it here! I hope you don't have to get in a pattern of working 6 days a week.

Mary, Glad you got to see the boys. Have fun with Zachary tomorrow.

Judy, Glad you like your new room.

Cindy, What a nice surprise from your brother and sil. A nice birthday gift for DD to. DD said she is suppose to get ice tonight.

Val, Sherry, Marisa, Hope your having a nice weekend.

Are dinner last night was wonderful! Were having leftovers tonight plus salad leftover from the day before. We always have leftovers when Suna cooks.

It was one of the cooks birthday and her son and his family live here in Texas and came for the day and joined us for dinner.

Maya and DD went sledding with friends and Maya has a black eye. Colby and Maya went sledding together and almost crashed into DD, but she moved and they rolled there sled.

Hubby has dinner heated up. Have a nice evening!

Marlene, poor Maya! I hope she heals quickly!

Mary, funny you asked about how the pups handled the change....  they were both laying in the middle of the empty floor just looking around. And then when DH lay on the floor to play with them Sparkie looked lost - he would always go under the table when Lucy was playing and he would just hold his toy in his mouth and lay down in hiw man cave. He finally curled up in front of me and lay his head on my feet.

And yes, his head is heavy...LOL!

....and Luke and Zach are going to be a real pair in another year!!! Sweet story about the dinosur names. That was always DS's fav thing, too, and at about the same age.

Have a great night everyone!

Hi Hi ...................

hope everyone is doing well................

well..... I think I'm figuring out my way around the new 'ville.

Not bad.... just different.

Things have been so hectic around here ... I really didnt even notice the days the ville was down.

With hubby in the hospital... boys with school work ... activities... injuries... etc.... I have hardly found time or the energy to get any real crocheting done. 

But I will get back in the grove.

:heart

:mug

Hi  everyone.  :waving 

Marlene ~ I hope Maya is okay.  We went sledding a lot when we were young...I loved the round saucer sled. :yes

Tammy ~ Lots of hugs coming your way. :ghug   We're here whenever you need to talk. ♥

Need to leave in about 10 minutes...Have a good morning, friends. :hook

Good morning!  I remember those saucer sleds, Mary.  They were lots of fun!  :woo  We had deep steep cleft in the hill behind the barn and our favorite way to go down that was to sit on a scoop shovel with the handle held  between our legs and holding on tight to it down the hill we'd go!  By holding to handle we had a little control and that cleft was too tight and uneven for normal sleds, even the saucer didn't work real well.  The saucer was for the main part of that steep hill... which was also fun.  Hope Maya heals up quickly.  I think there are a number of childhood activities that just naturally lead to bruises and the occasional black eye.  Sledding is just one of them.  Glad she had fun.

Poor Sparkie!  No place to hide from the rough housing of the youth.  :dog  Sounds like he found an acceptable supstitute, Judy.

It's all grey and overcast today.  I hear that we are in for more rain, most likely tomorrow, maybe starting late today.  That explains why my joints were giving me problems last night.  :2rain  They always ache more when the weather fronts are changing.  I ended up working on a warm shawl for me yesterday.  I've just got one more skein of yarn to go.  It's extra long so I can really wrap up in it.  It's in a bulky, purple yarn with sparkles.

I watched "Rachel vs. Ray: Celebrity Cook Off" last night and it was fun!  They were cooking for two kids' birthday parties.  And the kids got to rank the the teams and the food.  Ray's team isn't doing so good.  His team was down to two members at the start of last night, while Rachel still had three members.  The two with the lowest rated dishes had just 10 minutes to come up with a hot dog dish for the blind taste test.

Have a great day today!  :hug

Oh, I talked to Rosie last night.  John had a CAT scan yesterday and was okayed to have a feeding tube put down into the small intestine today so that they can start giving him nutrition.  It has to be past the stomach to avoid any chance of him throwing up and getting stuff into the unhealed hole in the esophagus and starting up more infection problems there.  Among other things.  She hadn't decided if she and Melissa were staying at the hospital last night or going home to sleep at that time.  She did get a lot of good sleep at home the night before.  :night     

Hello Housemates!

It's cloudy and overcast here.  It is much warmer.  We're suppose to get some rain tomorrow and Wednesday.

Judy - Your room sounds wonderful.  Do you have a tv in there?  What are you working on?  Poor Sparkie! lol

Mary - Good for you getting to spend some time with the boys.  How's your mom and dad?  I like that afghan and looking forward to pictures of it and the scarf.

Cindy - I'm glad you had your brother over for your birthday.  I haven't touched the 63 squares yet.  I will though.  I'm having to regroup and get my list together so I can make myself do touch everything.  I'm into these hats and dishcloths.

Joanne - Hope paradise is easy on you today.  You have me wanting some meatloaf now.

Tam - good to hear from you.  Lifting hubby and the family up in prayer.

Sherry -  Hope all is well with you.

Marisa - I hope your birthday was as fun as it appeared to be on FB.  What's on your hook?

Linda - Looking forward to seeing your next quilt.  Prayers still going up for Rosie and John.

Marlene - I hope Maya is well.  I hope you get some hooking time soon.

I have edema.  My legs are huge.  They go down some if I elevate them or lay down.  However, if I sit, I can feel them swelling.  I have these pains shooting through them that feels like knife sticks..  I might have to break down and go to the doctor.  Usually, they return to normal after a day or so.

Well, I'm off to do another hat.  I have to purchase buttons for the eyes.  I hope to do this sometime this week so I can get the eyes on and post pictures.

Have a marvelous Monday everyone!

BBL!

Hi, ladies!

Val, I'm using baby colors from stash and making a RR. I reorganized my yarn so I can see at a glance what colors I have, and the Caron SS is a large pile. The more stash I use the sooner I can get new yarn...LOL!

Off I go - going to start the pot roast I never made yesterday.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Well, thank you all for the birthday wishes :ghug

And happy belated birthday to Cindy :birthday

I breezed through posts, but did not take notes as I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with this new look :eek  Although I just saw the bottom of my post 'auto save'.....does that mean we won't send soo many posts to cyber space anymore :think

And, does anyone know if we're able to preview our post now before we actually post it.  I only do it sometimes because I just type out my smileys because I usually use the same ones.  But, sometimes I use a different one and am not sure if I got it right so will preview first :lol

I had a great weekend.  On Saturday I went to a crochet group for the bridge and then we had friends over for Mexican night....tacos, tortilla soup, chips with guac, con queso, and salsa, margheritas, and pina colatas.....we went through a whole bottle of Patron :eek  BUT, there were about 12 of us there, so it's not really as bad as it sounds :lol  After midnight my sister 'whispered' (because when she's been drinking and she whispers....well, it's not so quiet :rofl ) to them that it's my birthday and so they sang and then we did a shot :yes  Yesterday for my actual birthday I slept in, then made some breakfast, walked down to the coffee shop, then relaxed to crochet and watch tv but the kids called me from Az and so we were on the iPad for almost 2 hours! :eek  The oldest one and I had a little crochet lesson time as well and he finally got the turning for the next row right :clap:yay  Oh, he was sooo excited that it looked like mine yelling YES and pumping his fists in the air :rofl  Too cute :manyheart  We went to Ingrid's in the afternoon, Steph made chili to bring and we brought a cookie cake over and when they sang we called my parents on the iPad.  And we watched the Pens game, which they won in a shootout :cheer

Overall, it was just a wonderful weekend!

It was in the single digits here last week with wind chills below zero and this week were supposed to be in the 60's a couple days! :eek  This is just crazy!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Well, thank you all for the birthday wishes :ghug

And happy belated birthday to Cindy :birthday

I breezed through posts, but did not take notes as I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with this new look :eek  Although I just saw the bottom of my post 'auto save'.....does that mean we won't send soo many posts to cyber space anymore :think

And, does anyone know if we're able to preview our post now before we actually post it.  I only do it sometimes because I just type out my smileys because I usually use the same ones.  But, sometimes I use a different one and am not sure if I got it right so will preview first :lol

Yes, you can.  I found it by accident yesterday.  It's under the "More Reply Options" button.

I had a great weekend.  On Saturday I went to a crochet group for the bridge and then we had friends over for Mexican night....tacos, tortilla soup, chips with guac, con queso, and salsa, margheritas, and pina colatas.....we went through a whole bottle of Patron :eek  BUT, there were about 12 of us there, so it's not really as bad as it sounds :lol  After midnight my sister 'whispered' (because when she's been drinking and she whispers....well, it's not so quiet :rofl ) to them that it's my birthday and so they sang and then we did a shot :yes

Sounds like a fun party!

Yesterday for my actual birthday I slept in, then made some breakfast, walked down to the coffee shop, then relaxed to crochet and watch tv but the kids called me from Az and so we were on the iPad for almost 2 hours! :eek  The oldest one and I had a little crochet lesson time as well and he finally got the turning for the next row right :clap:yay  Oh, he was sooo excited that it looked like mine yelling YES and pumping his fists in the air :rofl  Too cute :manyheart

Way to go!!!!

We went to Ingrid's in the afternoon, Steph made chili to bring and we brought a cookie cake over and when they sang we called my parents on the iPad.  And we watched the Pens game, which they won in a shootout :cheer

Overall, it was just a wonderful weekend!

It was in the single digits here last week with wind chills below zero and this week were supposed to be in the 60's a couple days! :eek  This is just crazy!

As Val said, we're supposed to get some rather nasty weather here on Wednesday.

I got tired of all the coughing I've been doing and called the doctor's office this morning.  I have an appointment for this afternoon at 3:45.  This is getting really old.  It's been hanging on forever, it feels like.  Not sure what they can do, but at least I'll have gone in.

Archived