Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning ladies :hi

Not too much going on here today, I have the PYP event later tonight :)

Thank you all for your wonderful words about my work :hug

Linda - What are you making for the charity CAL? Have fun alternating your projects.

Judy - Beautiful baby hat :manyheart Did you get any more done to your bookmark?

Val - There's actually no precipitation here today, at least so far, which is a nice change to the weather lately :sigh

Marlene - Oh boy, hopefully the heating element is not too expensive :eek

Joanne - Did you get any hook time in last night?

Tam - Oh honey :hug :hug :hug You surely have a lot going on! Prayers for you and your family...Ken and his shingles and flu; David and his sinus cold; Patrick and his sinus cold and wrestling injury; your aunt; and your friends kids :ghug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Tammy!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

I'm working on the Project Linus quilt and will be alternating that with some prayer shawls and preemie afghans.

I'm feeling well for the most part. The congested chest cough is back, but otherwise not bad. I went back to the previous BP med and haven't had any problems with edema with it so far. And the side effects from the other med are disappearing rapidly. I know that isn't what you are supposed to do, but I just can't handle the side effects any more. :blush

Marisa, I forgot to tell you, yes, book club is tonight. I didn't read the book (The - or A - Cat's Tale) The sample didn't impress me, but I'll still be at book club. Small group tonight, but it's great seeing my friends.

TY for the complimetns on the hat, ladies. It looked so plain, I had to add something girlie. Plus the ribbon can keep it more snug.

Tam...:hug:manyheart

No work on the bookmark today - other things on the agenda...and I painted myy short nails ("deep thoughts")....a deep purple/black. I saw something similar on a friend last week and saw this 2 dollar bottle of polish in the store.

I am a fan of Abby on CSI, too:lol:lol

Tammy ~ Sending extra hugs and prayers to you, your family and friends. :hug All this happening so close together must be so hard. :hug

Linda ~ There were no changes at DH's eye appt. - which is always good news. Thank you for asking. :manyheart I'm glad the pills are working and the edema is gone!

Judy ~ Have fun at your book club tonight!

Hi Marisa!

I was about 15 minutes down the road this a.m. and decided I was just too tired and not in the mood for that drive today. So I made a u-turn and got my hair cut and poked around an antique mall. I've started another scarf - the Surreybelle pattern in Vanna's Dusty Purple. :hook

Linda, where is the charity thread you're on??

Judy, it's the "January Charity Get-Together: 1/17 - 1/23" thread.

Just finished up the first project there - one preemie afghan. The last two rows are forest green. They don't show up too well in the picture.

post-9295-135897797443_thumb.jpg

I've done 2 of many rounds of quilting on the Project Linus quilt so far today. The Prayer Shawl meeting tonight got cancelled due to the incoming weather: freezing rain, black ice, sleet, and snow. Yuck!!! At least, it won't last long. And the sun is supposed to come out tomorrow. :clap:clap:clap I'm heartily sick of constant rain after 4 straight days of it, but we need it badly so I won't complain too much. :blush

Judy ~ Have fun at your book club tonight!

Thanks! Not a hard chore....I have such wonderful friends and neighbors - as you know.

I was about 15 minutes down the road this a.m. and decided I was just too tired and not in the mood for that drive today. So I made a u-turn and got my hair cut and poked around an antique mall. I've started another scarf - the Surreybelle pattern in Vanna's Dusty Purple. :hook

Good for you - you need to take care of yourself!

Judy, it's the "January Charity Get-Together: 1/17 - 1/23" thread.

Just finished up the first project there - one preemie afghan. The last two rows are forest green. They don't show up too well in the picture.

[ATTACH]61895[/ATTACH]

I've done 2 of many rounds of quilting on the Project Linus quilt so far today. The Prayer Shawl meeting tonight got cancelled due to the incoming weather: freezing rain, black ice, sleet, and snow. Yuck!!! At least, it won't last long. And the sun is supposed to come out tomorrow. :clap :clap :clap I'm heartily sick of constant rain after 4 straight days of it, but we need it badly so I won't complain too much. :blush

Thanks for the info on the charity CAL...

Nice and colorful preemie ghan!!

We had a little sunshine today - briefly. Then it got all gray and cold again. We're expecting some heavy snow tonight - though only a couple of inches or so. I walk up the street to bookclub tonight, so it doesn't matter.

Have a good night everyone:hug

I finished up the day working on a Celtic knot prayer shawl. It's been a while since I worked on it so had to figure out where I was in the pattern. :D Plan on going to bed early tonight.

Rosie's John is having surgery at 8:00 am tomorrow. They will repair the tear in the esophagus, remove some fluid that has build up around his heart, and maybe put a drain in his neck to help take down some of the swelling. They changed him to a very high powered antibiotic today, too, since he was still running a temp. He's in quite a bit of pain in his neck and moans when anyone touches it.

Catch up with you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Glad you took a day to pamper yourself, Mary. I think it was definitely time for some R&R with all that has been going on. :hug

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Cute little hat. Glad your close to home with that snow coming so you don't have to drive in it.

Val, Be careful in the morning if your taxiing for your niece and nephew.

Linda, Thanks for the update on John. Continuing prayers for him. Good plan to get your charity projects all covered-rotating them. Cute blanket!

Mary, Good for you taking care of yourself today.

Joanne, Hope you got to crochet tonight. Your turkey dinner sounds wonderful.

Cindy, Any plans for your time off?

Tam, :hug and prayers.

Marisa, Hi

The water heater was fixed this morning. The heating element cost more for a very small heater than it did for the big one we replaced last spring at home. I wrote the model number down and will shop around at home and bring a spare with us next year.

My brother went home last night. He called me this morning. He lost 46 pounds. They told him he had 50lbs of water on him. He is feeling much better. I hope he don't let it get that far out of control again. They changed his water pill and one of his heart meds.

DD is flying to Dallas sunday and be there until wednesday. She has to come for training for her new job. I'm so glad it is only 4 days, it was suppose to be 2 weeks. I was having fits. I feel that is to long to pull someone away from there family. It wouldn't of been so bad if I was home, but I'm not. DS is going to stay with Maya while DD is gone.

Are weather is warming up it was 65 today and they say by next thursday it will be upper 70's. I'm hoping.

Have a great friday everyone!

Good morning and TGIF!

i'm happy for it to be the end of the work week and glad I took of this past Monday since it looks like I may have to work a little bit tomorrow :-(

I don't have Monday off for MLK day- we used to have it off, but this year, they took that holiday away and added another personal day, which is actually better, because then you can have a 'holiday' whenever you want.

I crocheted last night and worked on the baby blanket and tonight I hope to do a little knitting. I want to keep up- at least working on knitting 30 min a day if I can.

Hugs and prayers, Tammy!!!

Will be praying for a successful surgery for Rosie's John as well, Linda!

Off I go to get ready----Hugs to you ALL!

Good morning. I went to bed at 9:30 last night and slept soundly right up to 6 AM. I never even heard dh come home.

Linda, continued prayers for John. Hope surgery goes well.

No big plans here for today. I need to do some cleaning and maybe grocery shopping. Tonight we are going out with friends.

'Morning, all. :manyheart It's a beautiful morning - cold, but the sun is shining. :)

Cindy ~ Enjoy your day off - will you be working on anything special?

Joanne ~ TGIF! I hope you don't have to work too long tomorrow. WTG on learning to knit. :clap

Marlene ~ Yay for getting the water heater fixed! I'm so glad your brother is doing well. How is Miss Daisy doing in her home away from home? Temps in the 70's sound perfect!

Linda ~ Your preemie 'ghan is very cute. :c9 How far along are you on the Celtic shawl? Sending positive thoughts that John's surgery goes well. It's way too common to go in for a diagnostic procedure and end up having surgery...but I know there are risks with everything.

Valerie and Linda ~ Did you get any of the snow?

Time to change laundry and clean a bath or two. I'm staying in today and hope to crochet a lot!

Good morning! It's markedly colder than yesterday and the car is covered with heavy frost and some ice where rain froze. But, the sun is out for the first time in days which helps. Haven't heard anything on how the surgery went yet. Hopefully before too much longer.

The water heater was fixed this morning. The heating element cost more for a very small heater than it did for the big one we replaced last spring at home. I wrote the model number down and will shop around at home and bring a spare with us next year.

Smart idea.

My brother went home last night. He called me this morning. He lost 46 pounds. They told him he had 50lbs of water on him. He is feeling much better. I hope he don't let it get that far out of control again. They changed his water pill and one of his heart meds.

That's a LOT of excess fluid! Glad he's better and hopefully the new meds will work better than the old ones.

DD is flying to Dallas sunday and be there until wednesday. She has to come for training for her new job. I'm so glad it is only 4 days, it was suppose to be 2 weeks. I was having fits. I feel that is to long to pull someone away from there family. It wouldn't of been so bad if I was home, but I'm not. DS is going to stay with Maya while DD is gone.

2 weeks would be a long time with Maya still so young and DD a single mom. Glad it's shorter and that DS could stay with Maya. :hug

Are weather is warming up it was 65 today and they say by next thursday it will be upper 70's. I'm hoping.

Have a great friday everyone!

Have a wonderful day!

Linda ~ Your preemie 'ghan is very cute. :c9 How far along are you on the Celtic shawl?

I'm 3 rows from the middle of the center panel.

Sending positive thoughts that John's surgery goes well. It's way too common to go in for a diagnostic procedure and end up having surgery...but I know there are risks with everything.

So true.

Valerie and Linda ~ Did you get any of the snow?

No snow where I am, just heavy frost and COLD.

Time to change laundry and clean a bath or two. I'm staying in today and hope to crochet a lot!

Yay! A day to yourself.

.:: Morning House.....................

Thank you all for your love...hugs and prayers! They are very much appreciated and very much needed!

Hubby's tests came back showing signs of relapse. So Monday he gets admitted to the hospital and starts chemo again.

This is going to be a short post....as I have tons to do before we leave tonight for Joplin for my Aunts service.... but wanted to share another dishcloth pattern.

In honor of my Aunt.... my granny's dishcloth

Pattern can be found on my blog HERE

Enjoy!!

hugs to you all

:heart

:mug

Hi, peeps!

thanks for the compliment, Cindy.I enjoyed making that hat.:)

Rosie's John is having surgery at 8:00 am tomorrow. They will repair the tear in the esophagus, remove some fluid that has build up around his heart, and maybe put a drain in his neck to help take down some of the swelling. They changed him to a very high powered antibiotic today, too, since he was still running a temp. He's in quite a bit of pain in his neck and moans when anyone touches it.

Oh, no:( I'm late reading this - my prayers for him and Rosie

Good morning and TGIF!

i'm happy for it to be the end of the work week and glad I took of this past Monday since it looks like I may have to work a little bit tomorrow :-(

Oh, that's not nice!:angry

I don't have Monday off for MLK day- we used to have it off, but this year, they took that holiday away and added another personal day, which is actually better, because then you can have a 'holiday' whenever you want.

I crocheted last night and worked on the baby blanket and tonight I hope to do a little knitting. I want to keep up- at least working on knitting 30 min a day if I can.

Hugs and prayers, Tammy!!!

Will be praying for a successful surgery for Rosie's John as well, Linda!

Off I go to get ready----Hugs to you ALL!

I've let my knitting go for a while....originally i was going to do that, too, sepend time every day doing it. You're inspiring me~!

Later, gators

Good afternoon Housemates!

We didn't get any snow or ice here. However, it is quite cold. I think the weather man said we're now having normal temperatures.

Cindy - Make sure you get some r&r during your 3-day break. Do you plan to do any hooking?

Linda - Great preemie ghan! Continuously praying for John. Let us know how the surgery went when you hear.

Mary - You needed to take some time for you. Remember, you can't help others if you don't take care of YOU!

Marlene - I'm glad your brother is doing ok and was able to go home. It's a good thing that your daughter's time away from Maya was reduced to 4 days. My sister is the same about her granddaughter. Brothers can be a blessing sometimes.

Joanne - WTG on crocheting and working on your knitting. My neighbor downstairs is going to teach me to knit as soon as I get my needles. I have that book that we all bought a few years back on the 'Ville. I never got a chance to start so now I'll have a good teacher to go along with the book. I hope you don't have to work tomorrow and if so, not too long.

Tam - Praying for you and your family. Praying safe travels as well!:hug

Marisa - I hope all is well with you.

Just talked to Rosie and the surgery was postponed until 1:45 this afternoon. Rosie sends her thanks for all your prayers. They'll be putting in a feeding tube, since he won't be able to eat or drink anythinng until the esophagus has healed. :hug

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I read through the posts, but didn't jot down notes. My Quick Books stopped working and I spent yesterday uninstalling and reinstalling several times but to no avail :( Oh well, now I need a new financing/accounting software. I didn't like Quick Books to start with and their customer services surely doesn't leave much to be desired, so :shrug I'm spending today searching online for other programs, preferably not owned by the same company that runs Quick Books :xfin I do have a patient scheduled this afternoon that works with computers, so I'll ask her opinion on the issue.

Prayers for Rosie's John and Tam's Ken :hug :hug :hug

Linda - Beautiful preemie blanket :manyheart

Hi everyone. I just spoke to Rosie and John's daughter, Melissa. The surgery did not go as planned. The tear is in the back of his esophagus very near the voice box which placed it where they were unable to repair it. There is also an area about the same size as a racketball by the tear that is severely infected. They did place two drains in that area to help remove the drainage of the infected fluids from the area which should help. And they put in a feeding tube so that they can give him nutrition. The tear will have to repair itself, which means he will be in the ICU for quite a lot longer. They do think that they will be able to lessen the amount of sedatives soon, but that will depend on how he's doing and whether he then starts fighting all the tubes. They are also hoping to wean him off the ventilator soon. Rosie and their girls send their thanks for all the positive thoughts and prays coming their way.

I will keep you all posted. My thanks too. :hug

Oh, Linda- that's awful about John! Rosie has to be feeling so discouraged....

Prayers that the infection clears up fast and that he'll heal quickly....I feel so badly for them. they've been such good friends to you!

Linda ~ Oh, I'm so sorry about the complications with John's surgery. I think I can speak for many of us...they almost seem like our friends, too - just from everything you've said about them and how close you are. I know you must be so worried. It's good that their daughter is there. :hug

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Poor John! Rosie is probably besides herself. Continuing my prayers for them.

Tam, Prayers for your family to. Sorry to hear Ken is back to the hospital and chemo again. :hug

Marisa, Hope your able to find what you need to do your books.

Val, It's nice you have a neighbor who can teach you to knit. I think I bought one set of knitting needles to leave here. There's a lady here that said she would refresh my memory. I tried knitting a year ago but it bothered my hand to much. Since it is stronger I might be able to make a dishcloth or coaster.

Joanne, Hope you don't have to work to long tomorrow.

Mary, Miss Daisy has adapted real well to her home away from home. Hope you had a good day.

Cindy, Hope your have a nice night out with friends tonight.

I did a little crocheting today on the rr. I also had pt today. Not much else happening. If i'm not coughing my head off in the morning were making spaghetti for lunch. Today was much better than I have been.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Thanks, guys. :ghug It's not been a good week with everyone worried about John. It looks a lot grimmer now than when he first went in. I'm doing lots of praying too.

Hope you all have a good weekend. :manyheart

Archived