Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good evening all! Got a lot done today--easier with boss being out of the office :) I got the day care W2's done, now to get the church staff done, then that can be crossed off the list. One girl starting asking me in November when they would get the W2's!!! She still calls every few days to see if they are ready. On top of getting the year end stuff done, they are talking merging with another church, and they are voting tonight whether or not they will do that. That will be a lot of work if they decided to do it (which I think will happen).

Joanne - sorry you didn't get to go to craft night but I'm sure you'll have a lot accomplished tonight. Stay safe if you have to get out.

Cindy - sorry you can't find the one knitting needle. Stay safe if you have to get out.

Marisa - hope things go well for you this week.

Well, I guess it will be a couple of days before we can get back together and talk, I'm sure there will be lots to catch up on. Everyone stay safe and warm!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Surreybelle scarf is finished and I've made a start on sorting through my yarn. :blush When I finish something, am I putting extra yarn away? Nope...lately it's just ended up on my sewing table in a big pile. :lol I have yarn for this pattern and think it's time for some granny squares. :hook

Pretty pattern, Mary.

I'm doing my last check in for the night. Will see all of you when the 'ville is back up again. I've just got one more row of quilting to do on the quilt. Then I have to see about trimming it up before putting on the binding. I may have to do some edge piecing and maybe an extra row of quilting, depending how the trimming up goes. With a little luck it will be done by the time the 'ville is back up and running.

Love you all. :manyheart Take care and stay safe 'til we're back together again. :hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

Sherry- Glad to read that you were able to get a lot done (and seriously? someone asking about W-2s in November?) I haven't gotten mine yet but we usually don't get them till the end of the month- may be we'll get them this week since it's a pay week. Whenever, it comes, it comes!

Linda- You have really made great progress on the quilt! Can't wait to see it when it's done

Mary- Will miss you too--and hopefully all goes well with the software conversion and we're back up and running here at the Ville in a couple of days-

We only ended up with a dusting of snow- but there is a snowstorm forecast for Fri-Sat and the temps have dipped and it's cold- I think I read high in the 20's today.

Will see you all when the new and improved Ville is back up and running!

Hugs to all!

Good morning 3 below zero here at the moment, and more snow on the ground. I want Marlene's weather.

I'll be looking forward to meeting back up with you all in a few days.

Oh, my missing needle somehow got under the couch. (That's not where I was knitting!)

Good morning 3 below zero here at the moment, and more snow on the ground. I want Marlene's weather.

I'll be looking forward to meeting back up with you all in a few days.

Oh, my missing needle somehow got under the couch. (That's not where I was knitting!)

Good afternoon Housemates!

It appears I'm the first to get in.  I don't know if I like this.  It will take some getting use to.

I hope all is well with everyone!

BBL!

Glad you found the missing needle.  Who knows how they get to where they are?  Not me!  I truly think that they have a mind of their own  and can levitate to where ever they want on occasion.

I finally managed to get in, but it wasn't easy!  This will definitely take some getting used to!

I am fine except for the lingering cough that's been around since December, sometimes a minor pain and sometimes a major one.  I've managed to get the quilting on the Project Linus quilt out to the outermost border.  This is the first and LAST time that I will use this type of blanket for batting!!!  It will be lovely and warm, but it is a SUPER pain in the tush to use.  Even pinned it was a pain to work with and did it's best to slip and slide around.  There are far more puckers than I'm happy with, but I think it's the best I can do with this stuff, so, so be it.

It's been very cold.  Brrrr!!!!  And yesterday every car in the lot was covered with about a 1/4 inch of ice!  The first time in ages that I had to warm up the car to melt the ice and then scrape it off so that I could see to drive.  NOT fun!!!  :(  (I haven't got the emoticons to work right yet!)

I've been doing a lot of reading the last several days and finished 2 books (1 big and 1 small.)

If you need help figuring out how to do things on the new software, check out the Built-In Help Files. We'll create our own as people let us know they need help with things not covered by the existing help files.

Things to check out:

1. Click the little arrow to the right of your user name in the black bar at the top of any forum page. This where you can access your profile to edit information, access your private messages, and more.

2. Click the New Content link in the dark blue navigation bar at the top of forum pages. You can easily customize the new content you want to see.

I've found it usually takes a week or so to really get used to changes on any forum. After that time, you get so used to the new way that you almost forget how the old way actually worked.

Once everyone has had a chance to get used to the new way things work here, we have some really cool additional features we plan to unveil.

Val, Mine says that too.  I'm guessing, but I suspect that is to let you know if you've been warned about inappropriate content in one of your posts.  That might be a question for Amy.  And it might be in the information pages, which I haven't plowed through yet.  You were given so many warnings for minor misbehaviour in the old format before being banned from posting for a certain amount of time.  For major offenses it was immediate and permanent.  I'll do some searching on it.

Sooo much to learn.  :compute   Donna posted that some of the user settings aren't changed yet...so I'm guessing that's why I can't do a couple of things.

Linda ~ Good for you for nearly finishing the quilt!

It sure has been a long week!  I've missed all of you and hope everyone is okay. :)  Here are some squares for the baby afghan (lots more since the picture was taken)  and the Surreybelle scarf is finished. 

post-10699-0-63919800-1359230742_thumb.jpgpost-10699-0-93936900-1359230782_thumb.jpg

Under my number of posts, I have a line that says "0 warning points."  Does anybody know what that means?

This is a feature of the software that is turned on by default. We are not using this feature now so I have turned it off. Poof, it's gone! :)

Sooo much to learn.  :compute   Donna posted that some of the user settings aren't changed yet...so I'm guessing that's why I can't do a couple of things.

Just let me know what you can't do and I'll look into it. :)

Hi Ladies,  It was a long week here with the ville. I'm with the rest of you, going to take some time to get used to the new ville. I did get some crocheting done on the rr. Several of the ladies want to make the ruffle scarves with RH Sashay yarn. I have 3 skeins of it. One for DD, one to cut in half and make two one for Maya and one for Jocelyn (they will love them) and one for my self.

I took hubby for his eye exam and to the navy base(he needs an id so he can go golfing there with some of the guys here). We paid an extra ten bucks and they called and his glasses were ready in two days. While picking them up they called and he was approved for his id (not that we thought he wouldn't be) and we picked that up to. Was happy about that as I didn't want to make another trip to Corpus.

We had breakfast this morning. Suna (park owner) is making us dinner tonight. Shrimp or chicken fettitine(ms).

I talked with Maya and DD for a bit awhile ago. Maya is doing homework and DD is doing paper work. Last night DD said it had been snowing for 5 hours when I talked to her then. Not sure how much they ended up with.

Mary, Pretty scarf and squares.

Linda, I hope some of this beautiful warm weather were having is coming your way real soon. :cheer for finishing the quilt!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi friends!

Sure did miss you! I had a long week at work- and worked again today. Will try and figure out the forum, and then be back to post again. I am going to read through those help files that Donna mentioned- I want to find out how you save the forums you visit all the time--like "our house"

I think I've figured things out too!  The only thing that I have to get used to are the 'smiley's-they are not in any particulary grouped order- :think 

It's been super, super cold here :wbrr  but they are saying by the middle of the week it'll be 50!!!

Linda- Wow- Didn't know that GA got that cold- to have that much ice on the cars! Glad you are feeling better!

Cindy- :bday  Hope you are having a great day!

Mary- Love the project pictures that you posted!!!

Marlene- That's great that DH got the glasses and the new card!  And that you are getting in some crochet time!

Judy- Love you avatar- the one I had was so small so I changed it back to the 'granny stripe'. How are you faring with this bitter cold weather? I'll be soooo glad when it warms up a bit!

Marisa- Hope you had a great birthday!!!

Tammy-- How is Ken doing? I'm praying for him. And how are you doing with all that has been going on? I love your up lifting posts on FB!!!

I've been practicing my knitting and started a scarf with bulky yarn- which I may end up turning into a cover for my ipad or nook and line with fabric. Haven't decided, but I'm having fun with it---even if it is SLOW!!! I really have to get back to the baby blanket!!!!

Archived