Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. I've been gone since about 8 - babysitting for Zach, grocery shopping and picked up Gracie from the groomers. We had thunder, lightning, sleet and snow early...the roads were mostly slushy and I avoided all bridges. :lol

Linda ~ Saying prayers and sending hugs :hug to John and Rosie.

Marlene ~ When I first got my iphone, DD told me to do what Marisa said. I have almost all of the "extras" turned off (GPS, etc.) unless I need them. It makes a huge difference in the battery life!

Hi Valerie ~ Are you crocheting again? I hope all is well with you and your family. :manyheart

Hi to the rest of the House, too. I need to put away groceries, empty the dishwasher and more fun things. ;) Will check in later!

Good evening all!

Mary - All is well. Yes, I'm crocheting again. I made 2 dishclothes from Tam's pattern. I also made a flap hat that I'm not too thrilled with. I've also started one of the infinity scarfs that Joanne shared with us.

Marisa - Glad your mom gained some weight and is being monitored. Lifting her up in prayer.

Linda - Lifting John and Rosie up in prayer.

Cindy - I hope today wasn't too bad for you.

Joanne - Glad that your brother is doing better and that you got to go to crafts last night. Hope paradise wasn't too hard on you today.

Hope the rest of the House is okay!

Have a good night all.

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, Good news on your Mom. I don't have an iphone. I could have internet but I don't because I won't pay for it. I just did a check and nothing is activated. I got a call from at&t and was forwarded to some guy who is sure I need a new battery. A guy from Pantech called me. I told him what is happening and he said I don't need a battery. I'm just not close to a tower. At&t called me back to see if I got a battery and I said no. I told him to find out where the tower is and call me back. He said he will, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't.

DD had this problem and had to turn her internet off. They replaced her phone, her battery and finally she just got a different type of phone and don't have any problems. When I had verizon it worked here just fine. Last year they transferred us to at&t and are phones were activated when I was on my way home. They must of did something because I have been with 2 bars for the battery for 5 hours and that is unusual.

Joanne, Glad you were able to visit your brother and go to craft club.

Linda, Prayers for Rosie and John.

Cindy, The news here tonight said three people have died from the flu. There asking doctors who have any flu shots at there office if they will give them to the health dept. We had an ambulance come and get a lady here last week and take her to the hospital. She couldn't get out of bed she was so weak. They released that evening so we all figured they hydrated her.

I had pt today and it was great. First I had traction on my neck for 20 minutes, then a massage with the ultrasound wond, then I massaged some putty and squeezed it, then I sit at a bike you pedal with your hands (5 min), then I sit in a chair and lifted 25lbs of weight with my arms and squeezed my shoulder blades together. I have an appt tomorrow to. To bad I can't get the whole body stretched.

The cold is still here. I wish I could get rid of the cough. We have crafts in the morning but I won't be going with this cold.

Hi to everyone else in the house. See you tomorrow.

I talked to Rosie a little while ago. They are supporting John's system and hoping that he will start healing the problem on his own given some time. They are keeping him sedated, but even so, he is fighting them when it wears off. So for the next 2 - 3 days it's a wait and see game. Rosie came home and got a shower and clean clothes and then went back to the hospital. She plans on staying with him most of the time so that she can call the nurses if he gets restless and starts trying to get out of bed or pull things out. It talks several people to hold him down when they suction the E.T. tube. One of them called him "the Incredible Hulk," he's so strong. :lol

I've been crocheting this afternoon. Tomorrow is the "In Stitches" group at the church. And then bill paying.

Hope you all have a good evening and a good day tomorrow. :hug

Evening all! Another long day but I almost have my final report done!!! I have to talk with the boss and get the figures I need from him, and I can be finished with it. Then it's on to getting the W2s done. Then I can concentrate on getting a schedule set up for when I'm off for my surgery at the end of February!!

Thanks for all the nice comments about GS and his bday cake. He really liked it, littlest GS asked the next day if I had made another one cause it was Bubba's birthday! LOL.

Mary - glad you are ok. I've been in a thunder snow storm and they can be really scary! One of the worst snowstorms I was in was a thunder snow storm. Hope things are going well for your mom.

Joanne - hope you had a good night tonight! Enjoyed your day off???

Valerie - hope things are going well for you.

Marlene - hope you get your phone troubles taken care of--not a lot of fun. I had a "possessed" phone before I got my current one. It would do all kinds of crazy things.

Llinda - looking forward to seeing your shawl. I wish I could work with other yarns but I seem to be allergic to everything but WW and cotton.

Cindy - sorry to hear that so many are sick with the flu there. Take care of yourself and get rest so you don't get ill.

Marisa - glad you keep up on the paperwork.

Tomorrow night I will be staying with the GS, DD has class and won't be home until late. Youngest DD is feeling better but won't be able to stay with them, so I get to. I'll be busy doing homework tomorrow night LOL. Will take a small crochet project and plan to work on it when the boys get to bed.

Have a great evening all! I need to get in and watch the news and see how cold it's gonna be tomorrow! Hugs to all.

Hi, Ladies!

Mary - how on earth would you get everything done if you had a paying job you had to go to!?!?:hug

Sherry, you're so busy too! :hug:hug

Marlene, I've been on DS's chiropractic table and gotten good stretches from it....glad you're getting on a PT program, though and I hope the phone issue is solved (we like verizon) and also that your cold disappears!:hug

Linda, it looks like it's your turn to support Rosie....you're a good, supportive friend.:hug

....hmmmm.....looks like we all need some :hugs

Try and find some time for hook therapy!!!:hook

BBL

Good morning ladies :hi

It's a sad day....my Aunt/Godmother's brother passed away yesterday at only 49 :eek I haven't gotten word yet on what happened :shrug It's so sad and they are 12 siblings with both their parents still living, although have been declining over the past few years. I think their mom just turned 90 last week!

On the upside I had the Knit the Bridge group last night and we had 3 new ladies show up :clap I started my 2nd panel. I'll share a pic of the first in a bit. (I also got permission to share the mittens that I tested so will get a pic up of those too). They are having a funding meeting tonight and since I don't have any plans figure I'll go. I don't want to do any fundraising, which I've already told them, but just like to know what's going on :lol

I have a networking luncheon at 11:30. Other than that, not much going on here today.

Linda - Sending out prayers for John, Rosie, and their kids....cute about the Hulk :hug

Cindy - I was just surprised at the amount of people this flu is affected in such an extreme manner. I hope you're keeping yourself healthy :hug

Judy - Hook therapy sounds perfect :devil:wink

Mary - It was snowy/slushy here overnight, but not bad and not what they had expected either. I think they got hit back home because I see on fb that a lot of the schools there are closed today.

Val - Wow, you have a lot of projects going on there :clap

Marlene - It could be the tower issue. I find that Verizon and ATT are the best, but can alter depending on location. If your phone is having trouble finding the signal it could definitely kill the battery :( Also on that note, some phones have better reception than others, but unfortunately it's a phone by phone basis and can't really even be attributed to a brand. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out :hug Glad to hear that PT went so well :yay

Sherry - Glad to hear you got your report done :cheer Have fun with GS tonight.

Hi House. ♥♥♥ I hope everyone is having a good morning. :)

Marisa ~ I'm so sorry about your Godmother's brother. :hug Looking forward to seeing your crocheted panel!

Linda ~ John sounds like he's ready to get out of the hospital! Sending well wishes for him and hugs for Rosie. :hug Love the name "In Stitches" for your crafting group - have a great time!

Sherry ~ You must be so ready for the surgery. :manyheart Have a good evening with the grandsons.

Marlene ~ I hope your cold goes away soon. Good luck with your phone situation - my last phone worked everywhere but here in our house. I had to go out by the street to get a good signal. :eek

Judy ~ Did you get to work on your cross-stitch? I like your hook therapy idea...and plan on doing that this afternoon. :hook

Hi to anyone I've missed, too!

Good afternoon everyone. I'm busy with laundry and cleaning. I have to work tomorrow and then have a 3 day weekend. Its nice and sunny outside today, so I'll be heading out for a walk in a bit. Its really cold but I can bundle up.

Marlene, hope the phone issues get resolved for you. If I leave my phone on at work, it is totally dead by the end of the day, even though I am not using it. Ds says that its probably because it spends all day moving from network to network. Apparently the phone will "see" other wireless networks, like the wireless monitoring networks as well as cell phone networks. We are not allowed to carry our phones so mine stays in my purse. I try to turn it off when I get to work, but I often forget.

Marisa, sorry about your Godmothers brother.

Linda, it sounds like maybe John is not sedated well enough for his situation. it should never take several people to hold someone down for suctioning. Sedation goals should includes patient comfort. Hope he is making progress.

Sherry, sounds like you are going to have your work situation well organized for whoever takes over your tasks while you are off.

Mary, I have to agree with Judy, you are so busy, right up there with Marisa and Marlene.

Good afternoon Housemates!

Marlene - I hope you get your phone situation straighten out. I'm glad your pt went well and praying that you get rid of that cold.

Linda - It's good that you, Rosie and John have each other. Continuously praying for Rosie and John.

Sherry - I'm glad your dd is feeling better. Enjoy your time with your gs tonight.

Judy - How's the cross stitching going?

Marisa - Hope your luncheon was fun. I'm sorry about your godmother's brother...sending prayers. Looking forward to your pictures.

Mary - Hello. Enjoy your hook therapy time.

:hug:hug:hugto all my housemates!

BBL!

Hi all. I had my "In Stitches" group at the church this morning. Used the floor there to put together the quilt sandwich for the Project Linus quilt. Actually pinned it together 1 1/2 times since I had a big, big pucker in the backing fabric. Had to take out one side and redo it, but it's ready for quilting now. I got lots of compliments on it and discovered that another of the ladies does quilting too. So that's another friend to do it with. :)

They are trying a different med to sedate John now. They are mainly supporting his systems and will give him 2-3 days to see if the tear will close on its own or if surgery will be required. They and we are all hoping that it will seal on its own. A lot less traumatic that way. :hug Thanks for all your prayers.

I read the posts, but didn't take notes. :hug:hug to all those feeling under the weather.

Hey ladies,

Here are my crazy texting gloves that I made for me :D And the mittens that I tested in a super bulky yarn and they are surely warm :wink

And these are panels for Knit the Bridge. The first is mine and the others were done by 2 different people :clap

Those are all super great looking! :clap:clap:clap

Marisa, I'm so sorry about your family's loss:hug:hug

Your crocheting looks great!!!!

Mary and others: I picked up the needle to start stitching and had to stop to do something and never got back to it! At least I refreshed my memory on which part was the top of the piece:lol:lol:lol

Linda, yay for getting the piece ready to quilt - and for finding anothe quilting peep at the group!

Hi, Val!

Cindy, I was told that the battery in the cell phone does work harder and drain quicker if you leave the house with the wireless option on...I try and remember to turn that part off when we go out but most of the time I forget....:blush

So, I gave the saltine ghan and 3 baby hats to my nurse friend, and she measured her baby daughter's head so I could make another hat for her. She's about 9 months old now and growing so fast! I need a hat close to 18 inches.... I'm halfway finished, using dark Orchid RHSS and the basic beanie hat pattern I got from somewhere. It's gotten COLD here!! Baby needs it. I'll finish it and get it to her tomorrow.

I also took out my red thread and made the starting chain for the first bookmark I want to make for my Christmas gift pile.:hook

Have a good night my friends!:hug:manyheart

Hey ladies,

Here are my crazy texting gloves that I made for me :D And the mittens that I tested in a super bulky yarn and they are surely warm :wink

And these are panels for Knit the Bridge. The first is mine and the others were done by 2 different people :clap

Love those gloves and mittens, and I'm looking forward to seeing the Knit the Bridge project come together.

Marisa - Love your mittens and gloves! As Cindy stated, waiting to see the the Knit the Bridge project in it's completion.

Judy - Hope we get pictures of the beanie. I have to start playing with my thread too. I don't know if I mentioned that I ended up with about 30 or 40 skeins of thread that was in my mother's house. I also received some acrylic as well.

Linda - wtg on the quilt and finding another quilting buddy.

Have a good night House fam.

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, Sorry about you Godmothers brother. Yours and the others crocheting looks great. Can't wait to see the finished project. Cute gloves and mittens. I bet bulky yarn would be warm. I should remember that when I make the kids some mittens (maybe next year).

Judy, The baby is going to love that you came to visit.

Linda, Prayers continue for Rosie and John. I hope he heals on his own to. Glad you found another quilt friend.

Sherry, Hope you had a fun night with the GS's tonight. You certainly have a lot of paperwork to handle.

Cindy, Enjoy your three day off.

Val, Your off to a good start with 3 projects going on.

Mary, Hope you got some crocheting time in today.

No crocheting time for me today. I didn't go to crafts today because of this cold. No ideal if anyone else did either. I actually slept in until 8:30 this morning. The phone didn't go dead either, that's why I got to sleep in.

A friend came over this morning to help hubby see why are water heater won't work on electric. It will work on gas so we have had hot water. Last year we ran it on electric and it was always hot. With gas you have to turn it on and allow time for it to heat up. Not like home at all. They discovered we need a new heating element. So tomorrow that will be fixed.

I hoping tonight is going to be the last of are cold nights for awhile. It's suppose to be 34 tonight. Hubby said maybe we should stay home in the winter and come down May, June and July when it's warm. But I would be miserably hot. And we wouldn't see any of are friends that are here now. He would complain about how cold he was if he was home.

I had pt today and it went well. I'm off. Hope everyone has a great thursday.

Hi all,

Been working long hours again these past few days- and will continue into next week. Last night I actually went to sleep at 9:30!

Marisa- So sorry to hear about your godmother's brother!:hug Love the knit -a-bridge projects--can't wait to see this all come together! And of course, your texting mitts and mittens are great! You always do nice work!

Judy- How nice to make the hat--and yes, it has been getting colder again- but it IS January!:lol Good for you figuring out the top of the X-stitch!!!

Marlene- Hope that the hot water heater is fixed today. On smart phones, if you use something, i.e. text, call, open an app, anything- it will continue to work in the background using up battery life. What I do is double click on the 'home button' and it brings up everything that you have used. Then click and hold on one of the icons until it starts shaking and there is a minus sign. Then click on each of the shaking icons and they are cleared. I don't know if I explained that well, but it's what I do every time I use my phone or my ipad and it does help extend the battery life.

Linda- Glad you found a quilting buddy. How are you feeling? thought of you last evening, because DH brought home a cooked turkey breast for dinner and then made stuffing and veggies and even bought cranberry sauce. I was very pleasantly surprised and it was so good. I am taking a turkey sandwich for lunch today! (not the same as home cooked turkey but it was good just the same)

Well, I've got to run- lots on my plate right now, so hi to Val, Mary, Cindy, Sherry- and anyone else I didn't individually respond to.

Hoping to have a little knit/crochet time tonight. I was just too tired last night to do much of anything. Might have had something to do with getting the flu shot as well. My job offers it every year, and I didn't get it in Oct since I was off the day they did it, but they offered it again yesterday.

Have a good day everyone!

I took this pic on my camera phone to send it to FB....

The color is dark rchid, which I think I mentioned yesterday, and I found pale lilac ribbon to weave through it.

post-8552-135897797402_thumb.jpg

Good morning housemates!

All is well here. It's raining (100%). Snow is suppose to be coming in from Alabama. It's suppose to get cold here. I think the snow should turn to rain when it gets here. The mountain area might get some snow. NO SNOW!!!

Joanne - I hope you have an easy day today and get to do a little hooking tonight.

Judy - I saw the hat on FB and complimented. It is beautiful. Great job as always!

Have a good day to the rest of the house...:hug:manyheart

BBL!

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart

Judy ~ Awww, the hat is precious! I love the way you added the ribbon and bow. :c9

Valerie ~ I can tell you don't want any snow. :lol:lol Hopefully, it will only be rain! Our snow from Tuesday is all gone except for a little in shady spots, but the roads cleared up quickly, thank goodness. WTG on the dishcloths and scarf!:hook

Marisa ~ Ooh, I love all the bright colors in the bridge panels! Your mittens and gloves are great. :clap

Cindy ~ Yay for a 3-day weekend!

Linda ~ Sounds like you're ready to quilt! It's so nice that you met another quilter, too.

Marlene ~ I'm so glad your PT is going well. :manyheart I hope the water heater is easily fixed. :)

Joanne ~ Friday will be here before you know it! Your turkey dinner sounds delicious.

I will be gone part of the day, but hope to be back early afternoon. Have a wonderful morning, friends. :ghug

Good morning! As Val said, it continues to rain here. This morning I stayed mostly under cover, while Sweet Pea did her thing. She didn't even like getting out in the rain. There are some flash flood warnings up for low lying areas with creeks running through them. I'll take the rain over snow any day.

I took this pic on my camera phone to send it to FB....

The color is dark rchid, which I think I mentioned yesterday, and I found pale lilac ribbon to weave through it.

The hat is lovely, Judy. :cheer:cheer:cheer

Mary ~ How did hubby's eye exam go?

Yay, Cindy! Enjoy your three days off.

With the Charity CAL starting today, I'm going to be alternating between quilting and crocheting for the next week all on charity things. The Project Linus Quilt will start things off this morning.

Hope you all have a great Friday and a super good weekend. :hug:hug:hug

.:: Morning House.........................

just poppin' in to say HI

Its been a rough week... so I havent been on here

Ken is still getting over shingles... and the flu

David and Michael are dealing with sinus colds

Patrick is in a neck brace due to a wrestling injury

My beautiful Aunt who taught me to crochet and knit when I was 7 .... passed away Tuesday night

and some dear friends of ours ... two of their older boys were in a 3 car accident last night. They are alive but beat up pretty bad.

So my head hasnt been real clear lately.

But.... we'll all get through it!!

have a great day everyone!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

Archived