Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi all,

Had a fun time with Ryan! We were semi-watching the football game and when it looked like Atlanta was for sure going to win, we went outside for 2 hours! We went for a walk- first with me pushing him and then when we got back, we went for another walk with him walking. Then we played with his ball and his little tykes car and his bubble lawn mower. I was shocked to see the score when we came in - it must have been a good game near the end! I stayed for a bit and visited with DD and we watched a bit of the Pats/Texans game. Not nearly as exciting as the games yesterday for sure!

Linda- Hope you were able to take it easy today- and oh, boy that turkey must have been delicious!!!

Sherry- Hope you had fun at GS birthday party!

Judy- That's the good thing about lasagne- there's always plenty!!! That was a nice surprise that DS stopped by!

Mary, Val, Marlene, Cindy, Marisa and all----have a good night! And let me say, it feels good for it to be a Sunday night and I'm not worrying about having to go to work tomorrow!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checking in before I go to bed. Work tomorrow

We were supposed to get freezing rain today, but instead we got just a bit I'd snow. Just enough to leave a white layer on the ground. Ds was here this weekend, and left here after lunch. He and said the roads on his way home to Detroit were pretty bad.

Linda, sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you are better tomorrow. Glad you enjoyed the turkey. I always like when I have a bunch of cooked turkey meat in my freezer.

Joanne, enjoy your day off

Linda - glad your turkey turned out great! Get to feeling better soon.

cindy - Glad you didn't get the freezing rain. Hope you have a good day at work.

Joanne - glad you enjoyed your time with Ryan! Enjoy your "ME" day tomorrow.

We enjoyed the day with GS. Here's a pic of the birthday boy and his cake that I made and decorated. He really liked it. It's a little bit off but he didn't care. First time I've tried to do something like that, learned a few things so if I do another one, I'll be able to do it better.

post-27829-135897796637_thumb.jpg

cindy - Glad you didn't get the freezing rain. Hope you have a good day at work.

We enjoyed the day with GS. Here's a pic of the birthday boy and his cake that I made and decorated. He really liked it. It's a little bit off but he didn't care. First time I've tried to do something like that, learned a few things so if I do another one, I'll be able to do it better.

OmGosh.............the cake is awesome and the birthday boy is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Great job on the cake and what a handsome grandson!

Hi Ladies,

Tam, Thanks for the link for the ruffle scarves. Your next group of scarves are lovely. Thanks for sharing the pattern for the dishcloth. It's lovely to. Hope you and DH are feeling better soon.

Mary, Good job on finishing the fishy ghan and the scarf. I'm sure you had a fun day with Luke.

Judy, Glad Sparkie is doing better. Nice to have DS drop by. He probably could smell his Mom's cooking.

Linda, The lake quilt is gorgeous! I like all the added touches you did. Will you be entering it at the quilt show? Your turkey sounds delicious. Hope your feeling better real soon.

Val, Glad your internet is working now. It was 70 here yesterday and I had on capri's and flipflops. Cold spell now for a few days with sweatshirts and socks. :(

Cindy, Glad you had a fun time with your family at the hotel. I heard some of MI was getting ice and or sleet or snow today. Glad your DS made it home safely.

Joanne, Glad your enjoying your long weekend. Sounds like a fun time with Ryan. I start pt on tuesday. Can't wait! Sounds like your doing good with your knitting. Good news on your brother.

Sherry, Glad you got your report done. Happy Birthday to DGS! Great job on the cake. He's a handsome young man. Glad you didn't get the weather there predicting.

Marisa, Sorry about the troubles with your brother. Did you find some bargains out shopping with Steph?

We had a busy few days here. Thursday we prepped for the breakfast burritos for saturdays garage/bake sale. Friday we attended the memorial service for one of are friends here. Saturday we worked from 6 til 1. We made 600 breakfast burritos. Six of us making the burritos and two selling the baked goods. Last night I went to ladies night out and two of us crocheted. I helped her get started on the rr.

I skyped with Maya and DD today. You should of seen Daisy when I put her up to the laptop. She was trying to figure out how that was happening. It was cute.

My brother called me today. He may go home tomorrow. He is feeling a lot better. He has lost 35 lbs of water.

I have this sinus/cold congestion thing coming on. I started taking some meds today hoping I can end it before it gets to bad.

Hope everyone has a good monday!

'morning, peeps!

Marlene, that's great news about your brother. I can only imagine Daisy looking at Skype! Saturday we had "Too Cute" from Animal Planet on the big TV and Lucy was on the sofa staring at it and we could see her eyes moving as she was the puppies!! Wouldn't you love to know what they're thinking??

Linda, glad the turkey came out good! Lots of meals in the future out of that!

Joanne...I turned the Atlanta game off for a while too...then saw they almost came back! Enjoy your day off!!

Sherry, that cake came out great! No way could I have ever done that:P GS looks so thrilled with it!!

Cindy, glad your son made it home ok. The small amounts of snow are so dangerous....

Hi, Tam and everyone. Usual busy Monday - Laundry and cleaning...:P

BBL!

Happy Monday, everyone. :wgrin I woke up to 22* and a light dusting of snow pellets on everything. It looks like someone dumped a load of tiny styrofoam balls everywhere. :lol

Tammy ~ Your scarves are wonderful! :clap Thanks so much for the link. I hope you and Ken feel better very soon. :hug

Cindy ~ Your trip sounds great! That's so nice that your DH likes to make Sunday breakfast. :)

Sherry ~ The cake is amazing! You sure can't tell that you haven't done this before - and your GS is so cute!

Linda ~ When reading your post, I could almost smell a turkey roasting. ;) I hope the cold finally goes away. Mine has "come and gone" about 3 times...the dr. said he's seeing this a lot.

Joanne ~ Your time with Ryan sounds so fun. :c9 Enjoy your day today!

Marlene ~ You have been busy! Loved reading about Daisy and Skype -she's a very smart girl. :) Great news about your brother! :manyheart

Judy ~ I'm so glad you mentioned lasagna! I have some lasagna spinach rolls in the freezer and that takes care of dinner tonight. :D

Hi to everyone at Our House! I hope you have a great day. :manyheart

We loved having Luke here Saturday. His daddy picked him up about 6:30 and the house looked like 10 kids had been here. :lol He's really loving Play-Doh right now and of course we played with trucks and tractors. My mom was released from the hospital on Friday afternoon and is back at the same rehab center. Hopefully, she will regain some mobility.

Better get busy. DH's eye appt. is at 2 and he'll be back here about 1.

:sun........... Good Morning House!

bright and sunny here.... its a cool 12* ... but sunny!

Ken is feeling a touch better today... I'm doing okay.. sinus still draining ... but i'll be fine. But.............. now David and Michael are sick! :( they are both in my bed today still sleeping... they either have a head cold or a touch of the flu. :( I'll be keeping them in my room today to rest and get better!

Hi Ladies,

Tam, Thanks for the link for the ruffle scarves.you're welcome! Your next group of scarves are lovely.Thank you!!! Thanks for sharing the pattern for the dishcloth. you bet! It's lovely to. Hope you and DH are feeling better soon. aww... thanks. sinus are still draining for me.. but i'll get through it! just hate that it makes my throat sore.

We had a busy few days here. Thursday we prepped for the breakfast burritos for saturdays garage/bake sale.yum Friday we attended the memorial service for one of are friends here. so sorry Saturday we worked from 6 til 1. We made 600 breakfast burritos. Six of us making the burritos and two selling the baked goods.WOW Last night I went to ladies night out and two of us crocheted. I helped her get started on the rr. oh How Cool!!!

I skyped with Maya and DD today. You should of seen Daisy when I put her up to the laptop. She was trying to figure out how that was happening. It was cute. awwwww ... LOL

My brother called me today. He may go home tomorrow. He is feeling a lot better. He has lost 35 lbs of water. oh... good! Yep.. my poor michael knows about water weight.... :(

I have this sinus/cold congestion thing coming on. I started taking some meds today hoping I can end it before it gets to bad. Oh do take care!!! the sinus thing for me is yucky!

'morning, peeps!

Marlene, that's great news about your brother. I can only imagine Daisy looking at Skype! Saturday we had "Too Cute" from Animal Planet on the big TV and Lucy was on the sofa staring at it and we could see her eyes moving as she was the puppies!! Wouldn't you love to know what they're thinking??

Linda, glad the turkey came out good! Lots of meals in the future out of that!

Joanne...I turned the Atlanta game off for a while too...then saw they almost came back! Enjoy your day off!!

Sherry, that cake came out great! No way could I have ever done that:P GS looks so thrilled with it!!

Cindy, glad your son made it home ok. The small amounts of snow are so dangerous....

Hi, Tam and everyone. Usual busy Monday - Laundry and cleaning...:PYep.... laundry and picking up for me too today!!! oh the fun! LOL

BBL!

Happy Monday, everyone. :wgrin I woke up to 22* and a light dusting of snow pellets on everything. It looks like someone dumped a load of tiny styrofoam balls everywhere. :lol

Tammy ~ Your scarves are wonderful! Thank you :clap Thanks so much for the link.You're welcome :D I hope you and Ken feel better very soon. :hugThanks sweetie... me too!

Hi to everyone at Our House! I hope you have a great day. :manyheart

We loved having Luke here Saturday. His daddy picked him up about 6:30 and the house looked like 10 kids had been here. :lolLOL... know the feeling... 3 of my grandbabies were over this weekend for a short bit and WOW my house! He's really loving Play-Doh right now and of course we played with trucks and tractors. My mom was released from the hospital on Friday afternoon and is back at the same rehab center. Hopefully, she will regain some mobility. oh... praying for her hon! :hug

:heart

:mug

Good morning. It's been raining gently but steadily for over 24 hours now and there are puddles everywhere. That explains the joint pain ~ a weather change. Got the turkey packaged up in 4 packets, 3 in the freezer and one in the fridge. Lots of yummy dressing in the fridge and will make the gravy today. (Only a day late. :lol)

I had leg pain yesterday and finally figured out why. By bedtime I had severe pitting edema in my right leg all the way up to my knee and also in the left leg but not as high or as bad. It's down today. Thank goodness. I ran out of the blood pressure med that has this as a side effect and am going to try the one I was on before and see if it makes a difference. I know. Don't have doctor's approval, but this is the pits. And I didn't have this problem when I was on the first one. It's either the med or my kidneys aren't working as well as before all the problems this summer. I'm really hoping it's the med. :xfin

That is an adorable picture. GS looks so happy and the cake turned out great!

We had a busy few days here. Thursday we prepped for the breakfast burritos for saturdays garage/bake sale. Friday we attended the memorial service for one of are friends here. Saturday we worked from 6 til 1. We made 600 breakfast burritos. Six of us making the burritos and two selling the baked goods.

WOW!!! You all did a marvelous job. Makes me hungry! :lol

Last night I went to ladies night out and two of us crocheted. I helped her get started on the rr.

Good for you helping her get started. What fun to have a fellow crocheter there.

I skyped with Maya and DD today. You should of seen Daisy when I put her up to the laptop. She was trying to figure out how that was happening. It was cute.

I can see it in my mind.

My brother called me today. He may go home tomorrow. He is feeling a lot better. He has lost 35 lbs of water.

Hooray!!! :clap

I have this sinus/cold congestion thing coming on. I started taking some meds today hoping I can end it before it gets to bad.

Get well quickly. :hug

Yow!!! I'll take my rain over your snow any day. :lol

Linda ~ When reading your post, I could almost smell a turkey roasting. ;) I hope the cold finally goes away. Mine has "come and gone" about 3 times...the dr. said he's seeing this a lot.

The doc said it could drag on for a long time when I saw her in December.

We loved having Luke here Saturday. His daddy picked him up about 6:30 and the house looked like 10 kids had been here. :lol He's really loving Play-Doh right now and of course we played with trucks and tractors.

The joys of Play-Doh! My kids loved it. So does my GS.

My mom was released from the hospital on Friday afternoon and is back at the same rehab center. Hopefully, she will regain some mobility.

Got her in my prayers. Glad she's out of the hospital. :hug

Hope all goes well with the eye appointment.

Joanne, enjoy your day off. :hug

Tammy, hope the boys bounce back quickly. :hug

Judy, I've had dogs that barked at animals on TV, so imagine they think they are real but can't figure out how to get at them. :D

Have a great day, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

Wow, you ladies have been a chatty bunch since I stopped by Saturday morning :lol

In our shopping travels, Steph bought me 2 shirts and a pair of boots :clap:yay The shirts are from Express, her favorite store but I don't usually shop there. We got 4 shirts and a dress from the clearance and spent about $50! The dress alone was originally $80 :clap We went in Old Navy, but didn't find anything there. I got the boots at DSW and they were on sale for $25 and I had a $5 birthday coupon for this month and $10 rewards, which I'm sure was really Steph's anyways. I think one time we were out she didn't have her card so we swiped mine :think She got a pair of super cute sandals and a pair of heeled slingbacks that are zebra print with red accents. Adorable and only $12, she was going to pass but my mom talked her into them without even trying :lol Then typical stops at Target and the market.

Saturday night we went up to a friends for the football games, food, and fun :yay Yesterday I went to a crochet group in the morning and then back to the house. We made soup and baked up some chicken. During that time, even with the TV on and the whole downstairs open, we managed to miss Seattle's comeback on Atlanta. And I'm assuming this morning Seattle is kicking themselves for calling the timeout when the field goal was not good on Atlanta's part giving them that 2nd chance for the game :yes

Cindy - Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday :yes Hopefully work is not to grueling today :hug

Linda - Oh that turkey sounds super yummy :drool I hope you're feeling better and that the meds are the cause of the pitting edema :think

Val - :xfin for your internet. :yay for Atlanta

Sherry - I always try to get my paperwork done right away since I don't get paid for 3-8 weeks after it gets submitted :eek The longer it sits, the longer the turn around :shrug You did an awesome job on GS's birthday cake!!! :yay:cheer:birthday

Judy - How great to see ds, he must have sniffed that lasagna out :devil WTG on your ripple.

Joanne - :yay:cheer:clap for getting the purl down, I'm sooo excited for you. Glad to hear you had so much fun with Ryan :hug

Tam - Oh boy, I hope everyone gets better quickly :xfin:hug Your scarves are beautiful :manyheart

Marlene - I love breakfast burritos :drool Glad to hear about your brother :hug

Mary - I bet Luke makes some great creations with the Play Doh :think Glad to hear your mom is on the mend. Hopefully all goes well at the eye appt :xfin

Tammy ~ Oh, I'm so sorry that David and Michael have a "bug"...keeping fingers crossed that it's not the flu. :hug

Marisa ~ Your shopping trip and time with friends sounds like a great weekend! We had the games on both days and saw some good football. :)

Linda ~ Ouch! I hope the edema clears up quickly. :hug I'm thinking positively that things will stay quiet around here for a change and really want to join in the Charity CAL again this time. I'll check with my sister later and see what her schedule looks like as far as checking on mom and dad.

I've gone through some stash and scarf patterns...I'm in that mode again. :lol

DH just arrived - time to go!

Good afternoon Housemates!

It's wet and gloomy here with a slight chill. We've been in the 70's for the last 3-4 days. I think a cold front is headed this way.

Tam - I hope the boys feel better soon. I'm loving your scarves and thanks for the pattern.

Linda - Your turkey sounds delicious. I think we're going to buy one later this week.

Joanne - The ATL/Seattle game was good. Atlanta is not really my team but I root for them when they play since I live here in Georgia. I hope you're enjoying your day off.

Judy - A visit from the ds is always a treat.

Marisa - Sounds like you got a treat during your shopping spree. Everything sound beautiful.

Sherry - You did great on the cake and what a handsome grandson.

Cindy - I hope work has been good to you today!

Marlene - I was in flip flops the last few days as well but I had to put my shoes back on today. I'm glad your brother is doing better and gets to go home.

Mary - I'm glad mom is settled and I hope you and your sister can work out a satisfactory schedule.

Have a good evening Housemates!

hello everyone. Very quite day at work, I worked in the cardiac ICU which is not my home unit. I'm petty comfortable there though, since the ICU where I sued to work took care of all the cardiac patients before they opened this ICU.

The flu is so bad here that all of the four hospitals in Grand Rapids are limiting visitors. There have been a few days when only one or two hospital beds are available. This made the day seem even quieter, since there were fewer people around.

It's really cold here, but quite sunny so the snow that fell overnight has mostly melted already.

Marlene, you and Marisa both are always so busy. Those breakfast burritos have my mouth watering. Marisa, you got some good buys on your shopping trip.

Linda, glad your turkey turned out. Hope your legs are going down. If not, maybe you should see your doctor. (Sorry that is my nurse self kicking in!)

Mary, isn't it amazing what one little boy can do to a house. Now imagine 4 of them!

Hi, Val!

Marisa - what a fun shopping trip!!!:clap

Linda, that edema doesn't sound good - I hope it's down some more by tonight.:hug

Mary, was this a routine eye appt for DH? I remember when ds was into playDoh...it would get on the floor, on the bottoms of his shoes...anywhere and everywhere:lol I hope your mom does well in rehab:hugr

Cindy, we never got the flu shot. By the time I was over an infection I wasnt in the mood to get it and now it's hard to find! I did hear it's only 60 percent effective and takes 2-3 weeks to get to it's full effect...:think

Have a good night everyone:manyheart

hello everyone. Very quite day at work, I worked in the cardiac ICU which is not my home unit. I'm petty comfortable there though, since the ICU where I sued to work took care of all the cardiac patients before they opened this ICU.

The flu is so bad here that all of the four hospitals in Grand Rapids are limiting visitors. There have been a few days when only one or two hospital beds are available. This made the day seem even quieter, since there were fewer people around.

Oh, my!

It's really cold here, but quite sunny so the snow that fell overnight has mostly melted already.

Marlene, you and Marisa both are always so busy. Those breakfast burritos have my mouth watering. Marisa, you got some good buys on your shopping trip.

Linda, glad your turkey turned out. Hope your legs are going down. If not, maybe you should see your doctor. (Sorry that is my nurse self kicking in!)

The edema was down this morning and, so far, seems to be staying away. I had my legs elevated on pillows when I went to bed last night.

Mary, isn't it amazing what one little boy can do to a house. Now imagine 4 of them!

The more kids there are the more the mess they can get into. :lol

I pulled out some of the Alpaca yarn that I bought at DD's last summer and have started the Alpaca Angel Crochet Shawl with it. I like it so far. I'm up to row 16 of 42. Of course, it gets wider the farther along you go. :lol :lol

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I hope your Mom does well at the rehab center. Maya likes playing with play-doh to. She got some for Christmas. I'm glad we aren't that cold.

Tam, Hope the boys are feeling better.

Linda, Hope it's just the meds causing the edema.

I called the insurance company today to see what we could do about hubbies glasses he scratched all up last week when he fell off his bike. we'll be making a trip to Corpus Christy for the eye exam then we'll price glasses. I also called at&t. I have to charge my phone twice a day and I don't like it. There suppose to be doing something about it and call me tomorrow to see if it changed. I had this problem when I got the phone when I was at my sil's. I'm expecting it will take a few phone calls before we get it fixed.

I'm going to go to bed early tonight hoping extra rest will cut the this cold quicker. Hope everyone has a good tuesday.

Good morning!

I had a wonderful day off- went to visit my brother- and he's doing well! Then I actually got to craft club last night ! I spent the time practicing knitting! I'm enjoying the process--even if it is a slow one!

Will try and catch up with the posts tonight after work!

Hope you all have a good day!

Quick drop in to say HELLO!

Marlene - I hope everything works out for hubby's glasses and your phone. I hope you get over your cold soon.

Cindy & Joanne - Hope you're having an uneventful day at work.

Linda - I'm glad your legs are going down. Take care.

Judy, Marisa, Sherry, Tam, and Mary...hope all is well with you guys!

BBL!

Good morning ladies :hi

Nothing exciting here between yesterday and today. This afternoon I'm meeting my chiro so we'll adjust each other and then head out to lunch :clap It's been a while and I'm well overdue :eek Then tonight I have the bridge knitting group here 7-9, which is also always fun :yay

Mary - I hope you find yourself with the time to work on the charity cal :xfin

Val - We're cold too, it was 70 on Sunday and 30 yesterday and today :eek

Cindy - Glad work was pretty quiet yesterday, hopefully today will be as well :xfin Wow, you sure have a lot of flu patients in your area! But, why don't they go to their family doc's instead of the hospital? Or are there just that many cases that are too advanced :eek

Judy - We were only allowed to play with play doh in certain places :eek:lol When do you have book club again?

Linda - Glad to hear your legs are going down a bit, but definitely keep an eye out and don't be stubborn about going to the doc if it's warranted :soap Oh boy, how fun to start a new project :clap:yay

Marlene - If you have a smartphone, you probably need to change some settings and that can help with the battery. They tend to do a lot of background work on a regular basis, like checking email, fb, any games, other programs that came on the phone you might not even know about. But I think they're usually scheduled to run constantly. When I get a new phone, one of the first things I do is to change all that to allow myself to either check updates manually or every 4 hours instead of every 5 minutes :think I hope your cold is feeling better :hug

Joanne - :yay for getting to craft club, sorry that you had to take the day off for it to happen though :lol Glad to hear the knitting is coming along. So, will you have another long weekend coming up for Martin Luther King Jr. Day?

Oh, I forgot....my mom had a follow up dr appt yesterday, and over just the past week or so she seems to be going to the bathroom a bit more again. Not like before, but also not as good as it was there for a bit. Although they've been trying to wein (sp?) her meds as well. They put one back up to the max dose and are still trying to decrease her prednisone. She brought a stool sample this morning to them so that will get cultured again :sigh At least now though she's being watched and so we know she won't get bad like she was. And she did gain 6 pounds since her last appt :clap:yay

Hi, ladies!

Linda - good news about the edema!

Marisa, that's great your mom gained back some weight and is being monitored more carefully. Not to equate a human with a dog, but when our late Susie had auto immune issues the prednisone dose was a hard one to regulate as we tried to wean her off...

Joanne, I enjoy the process of knitting, too - and it's slow for me too!

I took out some xs today and will try and get to it later on. If I can find the needle. It fell off the cloth and is buried somewhere in the tote bag....

A shoutout to all you ladies at your outside jobs, I hope everything goes well!:hug

Hi, ladies!

Marisa, that's great your mom gained back some weight and is being monitored more carefully. Not to equate a human with a dog, but when our late Susie had auto immune issues the prednisone dose was a hard one to regulate as we tried to wean her off...

A shoutout to all you ladies at your outside jobs, I hope everything goes well!:hug

No worries, the body systems are very similar and tend to react the same :hug

Hi, all. It's still raining soft, gentle, and steady outside with puddles galore. It was around 56 here yesterday and supposed to be about the same today. Still light jacket or sweatshirt weather. :) I like it sooo much better than all the ice and snow and cold up North.

Rosie and her John are in need of prayers. He had a test done yesterday that caused a tear in his esophagus. It leaked air into the neck tissues to the point where they had to intubate him last night. He's in severe pain, too. They transferred him from our local hospital to a big one in Atlanta in the night. He's in the pulmonary ICU. Rosie and daughter Andrea are with him. She's a basket case. They keep telling her that it is a temporary problem, but she hates seeing him this way and knows that he wouldn't want it. But if it's just temporary, she feels it's needed. And that is what all the docs are telling her. This is not Rosie's strong suit. She hates hospitals and sickness. Andrea's husband is taking care of their kids so she can be there to support mom. Wouldn't be surprised if other daughter, Melissa, shows up from Colorado if this drags on for very long.

That's good news about you mom, Marisa.

Judy, I equate knitting with making something all in single crochet. Sloooowww. That's why I mostly crochet, although I did get a pattern for a knitted hat from a friend at prayer shawl group that looks good and not too hard to do. It's for kids on Indian reservations and fits a wide variety of ages depending on whether or not you put a fold in it. I'll be trying it out soon. I had to find the right size circular knitting needles for it. :P

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Especially those of you who work outside the home. :hug

Back home. I worked in my own unit today, and its much busier currently than the cardiac ICU.

Marisa, this flu is very bad. I work exclusively in intensive care, so these patients that we are seeing are extremely ill. It may sound unbelievable but the flu kills people. I hope whatever is going on with your mom is jsut temporary.

Linda, poor Rosie, saying prayers for her and John.

Joanne, I kind of enjoy knitting too, but it does go awfully slowly. Linda, for me its much slower than single crochet.

Archived