Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy, The RR is gorgeous. Will they get your backsplash all done today?

Linda, You got a lot done on the quilt. Hubby had one of his lenses that kept falling out and I put some superglue around the edges and it stayed. It helps to have the second person especially if you need them to see what your doing.

We got an update on my bil. One leg and both feet are still numb. He was scheduled for 3 test today and he was still in the emergency room (still waiting for a room upstairs). The hospital is quite big and it is almost always full. Thanks for the prayers.

Marlene ~ Sending hugs and prayers for your BIL. :hug   Like most of us, I would never have left my husband (or anyone!) alone until we knew what was going on. :no   I hope it's not too serious.  We're supposed to be in the 70's again...how are your temps at the coast?

Judy ~ Love the pictures!  Your RR is so pretty and I agree that having more than 2 colors is better. :)  Miss Lucy looks very comfortable and happy to see some friends on TV. :lol

Hi Valerie!

I've been to the store and taken Gracie for a walk.  It feels like a Spring day!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I agree with the superbowl commercials, those go daddy ones were disgusting :yuck  But some were really cute and funny :yes  The second half of the game was much better than the first!  And I liked Beyonce too.  I finished the neighbors texting gloves and she loves them :clap

It's snowing out and is supposed to through tomorrow I think :think  Not much going on otherwise.

Linda - your casserole sounds yummy :drool  I hope you're feeling better :hug  Sounds like you might need some new glasses :think

Judy - We had sausage meatballs :yes  Glad you got the window taken care of and your RR is gorgeous :manyheart  Prayers being said for you and your family :hug

Sherry - I haven't even got all of my stuff together yet for my taxes :eek  I can't wait to see the turtle you tested out :bounce

Marlene - I hope Maya is feeling better and that Jocelyn is also feeling better :hug  Prayers for BIL :hug

Tam - Did you get to see Ken for a bit this weekend?

Joanne - :yay for having Sunday off and not having to log on from home!  How was Ryan?

Mary - Glad your headache didn't last too long :hug

Val - Mmmm, I love hot cocoa....I may just have some today :think  Have fun with your dishcloths :yes

Cindy - Are you still getting snow?  Do you have to go to work in this wintery weather?

Hi,again.  I actually got to sleep peacefully last night.  Yay!  :clap  

Marlene ~ Hope the GDs are feeling much better by today.  Keeping your brother-in-law and family in my prayers.  Hope it's a minor one - a warning to slow down and not a major one.  I thought of super glue last night.  I think I'll take them in and get them "fixed" and then  try that to see if that will keep them fixed.

Judy ~ I've had a few that behaved like Lucy, aka Cujo.  And they were smaller than Lucy by a lot.  :lol   But that didn't stop them from being very intimidating.  That RR is gorgeous!  Great job!  :clap   I like the man cave and Lucy looks very comfy in there.

Have a good day all.  Catch you all later.

Hi, ladies....

Back from the vet with Sparkie - his lower jowl is enlarged....not sure what's going on with him, (I thought Lucy bit him there and it got infected).... but he has antibiotics and will get a recheck in 10 days (or less, if there's an issue). Vet wants to aspirate his lymph nodes next time. :(

JUdy, the RR is beautiful.  Great work as always.  Lucy looks like she is really into the show.

Thanks! She was for a while...it was cute!

Judy, The RR is gorgeous. Will they get your backsplash all done today?Nope....Thursday we hope...  Window looks great, though. Painter is coming tomorrow to do the ceiling.....

We got an update on my bil. One leg and both feet are still numb. He was scheduled for 3 test today and he was still in the emergency room (still waiting for a room upstairs). The hospital is quite big and it is almost always full. Thanks for the prayers.

Sometimes the ER gives you better attention than a room on the floor!

Hi,again.  I actually got to sleep peacefully last night.  Yay!  :clap   That's wonderful news!!

Judy ~ I've had a few that behaved like Lucy, aka Cujo.  And they were smaller than Lucy by a lot.  :lol   But that didn't stop them from being very intimidating.  That RR is gorgeous!  Great job!  :clap   I like the man cave and Lucy looks very comfy in there.

Have a good day all.  Catch you all later.

The smaller dogs usually have the worse rep for acting that way... :)

So...as far as me and DH: I have another test to get done on Friday...who knows when results are in on that...and Hubby is going on meds for 3 weeks or so...so, it's a waiting game. At least things are getting done....

Continued prayers Judy :hug :hug

I forgot to tell you.....I went back up to Staples on Saturday and the manager gave the associate a $5 coupon to use toward my jump drive for being honest about getting the extra that wasn't on my receipt.  So he couldn't get the coupon to work and needed the manager to come back over.  The drive was only $6.99 to begin with and they were still have trouble getting that coupon to scan.  He just rang it up with a $6.99 coupon and I got it free anyways :lol:shrug

Marissa, you deserved the break!

Hi, Christi...sounds like GS wanted to figure out how the charger worked. My youngest brother was liek that - nothing was safe because he was always trying to figure things out. He's still like that - and also gets bored easily. Just like me. :)

Have a good night everyone!

Hi everyone.  Still super busy at work.  I worked cardiac ICU again. That's the third time in two weeks.  Its partly becuase I ahve skills that they need, and not every nurse ahs those certifications.  I don't mind it there, but like my own unit a lot better.  Hopefully tomorrow I will be there.

Judy, love your RR and also the picture of Lucy.  Poor Sparkie, hope the antibiotics work.  Still keeping the ehalth issues at your house in my prayers.

Marisa, just goes to show, honesty pays.  The end result was the same as if you hadn't called the jump drive to their attention, but you get to have a clear conscience, which is worth a lot.  It snowed most of today here again, and is still very cold.  The snow didn't amount to much, maybe another inch between lst night and today.  It's supposed to warm up by Friday. 

Linda, glad you got a good nights sleep.  Are you feeling better?  Our Sophie is a medium size dog, (about 30 pounds), but she isn't afraid of anything.  She isn't much of a watch dog though, she loves nearly everyone.  DD and family used to have a huge dog, and he always tried to sit on  laps.  Clearly that dog thought he was little.  I suspect that dogs don't see themselves at all like we see them.

Marlene, hugs and good thoughts for bil.  Hopefully he won't have much in the way of deficits from his stroke. 

Mary, glad the headache was short lived.

Hi Tam, Val, Christie and Sherry.

Linda -  good for you on getting a good night's rest. 

Marisa - you got blessed double for your trouble.  Do good and good will follow you!  Did you get your hot chocolate?

Judy - Prayers continously going up for you and DH.  Hope Sparky feels better soon.

Hello Cindy.  I hope you get to work in your unit tomorrow.  When is your next off day(s)?

Hi ChristiG!

I finished the black, white & gray afghan.  I'm weaving in the last of the strings.  I'll try to take a picture on tomorrow if the sun comes out.  We're suppose to get rain.  If so, I get it posted as soon as I can.

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to interupt....It has been years since I've been on here and Wow! How this site has changed!! Anyway, if I am out of order please forgive me, but I am Desperate!! I think this is the forum that a lot of ladies did the happy yellow house lady's (I'm so sorry I forgot her name but I LOVE all of her quilts!) quilts. Anyway, I started one called the County Fair to be auctioned off for a local fundraiser. I see now that I bit off alot more than I could chew! :(  I am needing 180 more of the Red Heart SS in White # 0311. I know I'm really dreaming big...but as a shot in the dark, would anybody in all of crochetville just happen to have some in there closet somewheres? I would be willing to pay for them, or owe you some squares back for a project you're trying to complete or whatever. I realize how silly this sounds but since this is to be done Valentine's Day I am stressing out! AAAGGGHHH!! Trust me I have learned my lesson!!! Anyway, if there is anyone here who can help me or point me to the right place I would sure appreciate it!!! Thank you!!! 

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Continuing prayers for you and DH.

Marisa, Glad your honesty paid off.

Linda, Glad you got a good night sleep.

Val, :clap for finishing your afghan.

Mary, Are temps are running mid seventies. Can't complain.

Cindy, Hope you get to work in your unit tomorrow.

Hi Christie!

No news yet on bil. He had his last test at 5pm. I finished my rr at the jam session today. Someone who use to crochet wanted to see so I showed it to her today and someone else asked me how much I would charge for one. I said I don't have any ideal. I'll try and get a pick tomorrow. It measures 46" (I didn't think it was that big I was going for 42"), I used 2 colors, the pink almost 16ozs and the white not even half of a one pounder.

Today we had a surprise birthday party for Suna(the owner). She had no ideal at all.

Hope everyone has a nice tuesday!

Judy - love the RR!

Marisa - it pays to be honest! 

Valerie - looking forward to seeing your afghan--hope the sun comes out!

Mary - hope things are going well for you.

Joanne - busy day?

I took pics of the turtle but I haven't found out if I can post them or not.  Very long day today :(  I did get a lot done but was in a couple of meetings that got some things done.  Will be in another one tomorrow night and I'm not looking forward to that.  Didn't get to see DH tonight and won't tomorrow night either.  (Had the both GS tonight until DD got out of class).  Then I'll be back over there on Wednesday, so I really won't get to see him until Thursday night unless I get up at 3:30 when he's getting ready to leave for work. 

Can't remember who asked about my surgery date but  it's scheduled for Feb. 25.  I have to do pre-op work and then see the dr again but I really need to do it that week or I lose my vacation.  Will be off work for 3 weeks and then DD can drive me to work for the last 3 weeks.  Will be working some from home but I do plan to take a lot of time to rest.

Well it's time to get some rest.  Have a great evening!  hugs to all!

Hi Michelle, Welcome!  I'm away from home for winter so I can't help there. But they have a section that is about 3/4's of the way down the front page. It's titled Recycling Center, there you will find  In Search Of. You might want to ask there to. Good luck I hope you find the yarn and get your quilt done. The Happy House owner is Cara (if I remember right). She closed her website, but ravelry is hosting them.

Hope you'll drop back in again.

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart   I have to leave by 8 and I overslept, so may have to really catch up later.

Michelle ~ It's great to see you!  I no longer have any squares made up, but someone might!  It's a wonderful pattern. :yes

Sherry ~ The 25th will be before we know it.  It sounds like you have good back-up help. :hug

Off to the shower - I hate it when I have to rush. :lol

Good morning Housemates!

Michelle - I don't have any squares and I don't know where to go.  I do hope that you get what you need.

Mary - Be careful and have a great day.

Sherry - Looking forward to seeing a picture of your turtle.

Marlene - Looking forward to seeing a picture of your RR.  Praying for BIL.

Off to do some hooking after I fix breakfast.

Hello Judy, Joanne, Marisa, Linda, Tam and everybody!

BBL!

Hi, peeps!

We're sitting in the man cave - all 4 pf us - while the painter does the ceiling in the kitchen area. It's a big ceiling...hopefully he'll be done by 2.

TY all for the thoughts and prayers...one good note: Sparkie's first 2 doses plus warm compresses seem to have lessened the swelling already!

Michelle I have no RHSS white in my stash - but Marlene gave you a great idea for searching some out...good luck. And you're more than welcome to hang around here whenever you want.

Val, looking fwd to seeing the ghan! I really like the idea of that color combo.

Cindy, what a compliment, that the cardiac ICU thinks so highly of your nursing skills to want you there. We need more skilled nurses in this country just like you.

Hi to Linda, Sherry, Tam, Marissa, Joanne and everyone!!!

BBL

Good morning ladies :hi

I wanted to get some hooky time in last night, but started playing a game on the iPad and there went a couple hours :eek  :blush  Oh boy, sometimes you just don't realize how quickly the time goes with those things!  Anyways, I have a patient coming a little later this morning.  And this afternoon there is a happy hour business mixer that I figure I'll go to and then a group of chiro's for dinner.  A lot of socializing today :lol

Yesterday I got a lot done of saving files to the jump drives.  On today's agenda is to get the pictures and patterns done!  Tall order, I know :lol

I also am still working on getting all of my tax stuff together, but seeing as I still have forms and such coming in....not much I can do for now :shrug  So will still put it off until I finish with the files.

Christi - Looks like you're able to post nicely from the phone, but it can be a bit cumbersome to keep up that way :yes  Hope all is well aside from the charger.

Judy - :xfin hoping they get your ceiling done in record time :lol  Great to hear that Sparkie is doing a bit better already :hug

Cindy - I hope you get to work back in your unit today :xfin  I know they surely do value you there :hug  I had to laugh when you were talking about the dogs and their sizes.  And I think I may have mentioned in the past.....we used to have a Rottweiler and she though she was a lap dog.  If I'd sit on the floor with legs crossed, she'd come and plop her butt right in the center!!!  So much for watching TV because there's no way to have seen around her :rofl

Val - Hmmm, I never did have my hot cocoa yesterday :think  Well, today's a new day.  I get side tracked so easily that I forget what I'm in the middle of getting :sigh  WTG on your ghan, I hope you get a good picture today :xfin  What's on your hook now?

Michelle - Sorry I can't help you.  I remember working a couple of those as a group back when I first started coming here, but I found those saltines tedious :eek  If there were more time though, I'd make some up to send to you, but at this point you'd never have them in time.  Good luck with your project :xfin:hug 

Marlene - WTG on your RR, can't wait to see a pic :yes  Continued prayers for BIL and happy birthday to Suna :D

Sherry - Oh boy, you'll have to plan on a nice and relaxing evening with dh later this week :yes  I'm sorry, but I don't remember what surgery you're having? (I know I've been skimming quite a bit lately and the problem is that then I miss some more important things :( )  Sending you prayers already for all to go well :hug

Mary - You must have needed that sleep for sure :yes  Have a great day!

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to interupt....It has been years since I've been on here and Wow! How this site has changed!! Anyway, if I am out of order please forgive me, but I am Desperate!! I think this is the forum that a lot of ladies did the happy yellow house lady's (I'm so sorry I forgot her name but I LOVE all of her quilts!) quilts. Anyway, I started one called the County Fair to be auctioned off for a local fundraiser. I see now that I bit off alot more than I could chew! :(  I am needing 180 more of the Red Heart SS in White # 0311. I know I'm really dreaming big...but as a shot in the dark, would anybody in all of crochetville just happen to have some in there closet somewheres? I would be willing to pay for them, or owe you some squares back for a project you're trying to complete or whatever. I realize how silly this sounds but since this is to be done Valentine's Day I am stressing out! AAAGGGHHH!! Trust me I have learned my lesson!!! Anyway, if there is anyone here who can help me or point me to the right place I would sure appreciate it!!! Thank you!!! 

Hi, Michelle,

You're always welcome here and this is the CAL that started out doing Cara's quiltghans.  Haven't done one in a long time but I do have one partially done in my WIP pile.  Like the rest I don't have any done up in white.  I'd be glad to do some if there was more time, but don't think there's enough time between now and then.  I'm willing to try if you think it would help.

I took pics of the turtle but I haven't found out if I can post them or not.  Very long day today :(  I did get a lot done but was in a couple of meetings that got some things done.  Will be in another one tomorrow night and I'm not looking forward to that.  Didn't get to see DH tonight and won't tomorrow night either.  (Had the both GS tonight until DD got out of class).  Then I'll be back over there on Wednesday, so I really won't get to see him until Thursday night unless I get up at 3:30 when he's getting ready to leave for work. 

Can't remember who asked about my surgery date but  it's scheduled for Feb. 25.  I have to do pre-op work and then see the dr again but I really need to do it that week or I lose my vacation.  Will be off work for 3 weeks and then DD can drive me to work for the last 3 weeks.  Will be working some from home but I do plan to take a lot of time to rest.

Well it's time to get some rest.  Have a great evening!  hugs to all!

Hi, Sherry.  Surgery will be here before you know it.  And do take time to take care of yourself.  I know that I needed all six weeks to recuperate when I had mine done, but that was 12 years ago.

Hi, peeps!

We're sitting in the man cave - all 4 pf us - while the painter does the ceiling in the kitchen area. It's a big ceiling...hopefully he'll be done by 2.

TY all for the thoughts and prayers...one good note: Sparkie's first 2 doses plus warm compresses seem to have lessened the swelling already!

Michelle I have no RHSS white in my stash - but Marlene gave you a great idea for searching some out...good luck. And you're more than welcome to hang around here whenever you want.

Val, looking fwd to seeing the ghan! I really like the idea of that color combo.

Cindy, what a compliment, that the cardiac ICU thinks so highly of your nursing skills to want you there. We need more skilled nurses in this country just like you.

Hi to Linda, Sherry, Tam, Marissa, Joanne and everyone!!!

BBL

Hi, Judy.  Glad to hear that Sparkie is already responding.  One down and two of you still to get on the mend.  Hope the painters get done quickly.  I'm sure it will be worth it to have it done.  I don't mind most painting, but ceilings are really, really hard.

I had another great night's sleep last night and feeling sooo much better now.  Not a lot of energy for accomplishing things, but at least I'm feeling awake and alert.

John has moved to the step down unit and I even got to speak with him very briefly on the phone yesterday.  He said to be sure and make the quilt extra big.  :lol   I assured him I would.  (I had already planned it to have an extra 12" on both sides and the top.)  I know he likes heavy quilts, so will try to figure out a way to put extra padding in it too.  It was so good to hear his voice and know that he was actually 'with it' when he talked.

Michelle, I just went out and picked up a skein of the white RHSS and will see how many squares I can crank out in the next 2 or 3 days and send them to you.  Please PM me your address.  :hug 

Hi Michelle, Welcome!  I'm away from home for winter so I can't help there. But they have a section that is about 3/4's of the way down the front page. It's titled Recycling Center, there you will find  In Search Of. You might want to ask there to. Good luck I hope you find the yarn and get your quilt done. The Happy House owner is Cara (if I remember right). She closed her website, but ravelry is hosting them.

Hope you'll drop back in again.

Thank you so much!!

Good morning ladies :hi

I wanted to get some hooky time in last night, but started playing a game on the iPad and there went a couple hours :eek  :blush  Oh boy, sometimes you just don't realize how quickly the time goes with those things!  Anyways, I have a patient coming a little later this morning.  And this afternoon there is a happy hour business mixer that I figure I'll go to and then a group of chiro's for dinner.  A lot of socializing today :lol

Yesterday I got a lot done of saving files to the jump drives.  On today's agenda is to get the pictures and patterns done!  Tall order, I know :lol

I also am still working on getting all of my tax stuff together, but seeing as I still have forms and such coming in....not much I can do for now :shrug  So will still put it off until I finish with the files.

Christi - Looks like you're able to post nicely from the phone, but it can be a bit cumbersome to keep up that way :yes  Hope all is well aside from the charger.

Judy - :xfin hoping they get your ceiling done in record time :lol  Great to hear that Sparkie is doing a bit better already :hug

Cindy - I hope you get to work back in your unit today :xfin  I know they surely do value you there :hug  I had to laugh when you were talking about the dogs and their sizes.  And I think I may have mentioned in the past.....we used to have a Rottweiler and she though she was a lap dog.  If I'd sit on the floor with legs crossed, she'd come and plop her butt right in the center!!!  So much for watching TV because there's no way to have seen around her :rofl

Val - Hmmm, I never did have my hot cocoa yesterday :think  Well, today's a new day.  I get side tracked so easily that I forget what I'm in the middle of getting :sigh  WTG on your ghan, I hope you get a good picture today :xfin  What's on your hook now?

Michelle - Sorry I can't help you.  I remember working a couple of those as a group back when I first started coming here, but I found those saltines tedious :eek  If there were more time though, I'd make some up to send to you, but at this point you'd never have them in time.  Good luck with your project :xfin:hug 

Marlene - WTG on your RR, can't wait to see a pic :yes  Continued prayers for BIL and happy birthday to Suna :D

Sherry - Oh boy, you'll have to plan on a nice and relaxing evening with dh later this week :yes  I'm sorry, but I don't remember what surgery you're having? (I know I've been skimming quite a bit lately and the problem is that then I miss some more important things :( )  Sending you prayers already for all to go well :hug

Mary - You must have needed that sleep for sure :yes  Have a great day!

Thank you Marisa!! And you are right they are tedious!

Archived