Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning ladies :hi

Last night we went out for wings and they were yummy! :drool  I slept in a bit this morning and then got up and went to the gym.  Got here just a short while ago and MS support should be calling me at noon.  Judy, my patient did work on it and got the 3 programs that I use working....Word, Excel, and Publisher.  Power Point still was not working, but I never use it and I don't think we checked any of the others.

I have a Knit the Bridge group coming tonight :yay  Steph and Bean are going to Bean's older nephews hockey game tonight.  And then it will be time for bed so we can wake up tomorrow to a new day :lol  I'm still feeling sluggish :think:shrug

Val - WTG on your ghan :clap  Pictures? :devil

Linda - :yay for getting the quilt job

Judy - Glad everything went relatively well at the dentist :whew

Mary - Great pic of Luke and Zachary, I can't believe how big Luke is! :manyheart

Cindy - WTG with your weight loss and I know exactly how you feel about the clothes, I'm the same way.  Keep yourself safe with the weather coming your way :hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reporting that it is snowing like crazy here.  I just got back from picking up my Blazer from the repair shop.  I've been having troubles with it this week.   It ran well, but made all sorts of odd noises.  It sounded like something was scraping and once it a while it made loud clanging noises.   I'm really happy to have it back since I have to work tomorrow and my vehicle is 4 wheel drive.  Dh's van would pose problems if we get as much snow as forecasted.  At the rate its coming down we will have 6 inches easily by dinnertime.   Whe he called to say it was finished, he said that he knew we would want it back as soon as possible, since so much snow was predicted, so he made sure that they worked on it immediately after it was brought in.  How do you like that for service above and beyond expectations?  I figured they would have it finished some time tomorrow at the earliest. 

Oh and I forgot to say, it turned out to be a really small thing, some sort of rod that was between the front tires had worked loose and they replaced it for less than $100.  It was hitting the pavement at times, and clanging against stuff at other times.  I'm not sure what purpose it served, since nothing appeared to be wrong with the way the vehicle worked. 

Luke and Zachary -

Oh, when you saw this picture your heart must have felt like bursting with love!! I see them bonding forever.....

Good morning everyone.  I never did make it back yerterday.  Its not like I got much done around here either,  In actual fact other than laundry and grocery shopping, I did not do anything.  I'm not sure what happened to the day.  Today I'm going to do some sewing.  I have a pile of stuff that needs buttons sewn on, seams repaired and stuff like that.  I also want to try to take in some of my jeans.  I've looked at them, and I'm pretty sure I can take them in an inch or two without too much trouble.  I won't know until I try.  The 15 pounds I've lost so far are enough to make all my pants look way too big.  However, I don't want to buy new clothes yet.  (I'm cheap, and I hope to lose more weight.)

WTG on the weight loss! Maybe you should buy just one smaller piece of clothing....just saying... That's what I did. Kept me going!

We are waiting for a huge storm system to hit.  It's supposed to start with freezing rain later this morning, then a foot or so of wet snow and then more freezing rain..  Hopefully there won't be as much snow as predicted, because that much ice and snow will probably cause power outages.  I ahve to work tomorrow too.  I don;t mind driving in snow, but ice makes me uneasy.

That must be what's heading our way for Friday night!Be careful!

I did get to work in my own unit on Tuesday.

:)

Judy, my patient did work on it and got the 3 programs that I use working....Word, Excel, and Publisher.  Power Point still was not working, but I never use it and I don't think we checked any of the others.

Yay!!

I have a Knit the Bridge group coming tonight :yay  Steph and Bean are going to Bean's older nephews hockey game tonight.  And then it will be time for bed so we can wake up tomorrow to a new day :lol  I'm still feeling sluggish :think:shrug

I hope today isn't too rough....

Judy - Glad everything went relatively well at the dentist :whew

Novocaine and Nitrous....are my friends :)

When do your turtles come home???

Just reporting that it is snowing like crazy here.  I just got back from picking up my Blazer from the repair shop.  I've been having troubles with it this week.   It ran well, but made all sorts of odd noises.  It sounded like something was scraping and once it a while it made loud clanging noises.   I'm really happy to have it back since I have to work tomorrow and my vehicle is 4 wheel drive.  Dh's van would pose problems if we get as much snow as forecasted.  At the rate its coming down we will have 6 inches easily by dinnertime.   Whe he called to say it was finished, he said that he knew we would want it back as soon as possible, since so much snow was predicted, so he made sure that they worked on it immediately after it was brought in.  How do you like that for service above and beyond expectations?  I figured they would have it finished some time tomorrow at the earliest. 

Oh and I forgot to say, it turned out to be a really small thing, some sort of rod that was between the front tires had worked loose and they replaced it for less than $100.  It was hitting the pavement at times, and clanging against stuff at other times.  I'm not sure what purpose it served, since nothing appeared to be wrong with the way the vehicle worked. That's good to hear!! I'm glad my son's new Volvo is AWD...if we get this snow too, he might need to get to the office.

Well, my next post will have pictures - including before and after pictures of the kitchen.

Thanks, everyone.  The little ones are growing way too fast! 

Wow, Cindy...I hope you're not snowed in!  That is great news about your Blazer. :yes  Congratulations on the weight loss! :clap

Marisa ~ Have fun with your bridge group this evening. :)

Judy ~ Your "new" kitchen is beautiful! :cheer  Sparkie and Lucy look so calm...probably very happy to have their house back, too!

Yes, the background looks a lot like it used to - much "softer." :yes

I'm almost through joining squares into strips, then on to joining the strips. :hook

Judy, your kitchen looks wonderful. Love your choice for the backsplash. Sparkie and Lucy must be relieved to have things back to normal.

I agree that the background of the site is softer and for me that makes it easier to read.

Snowing harder than ever here. Dh had an appointment this afternoon and then was going to take his uncle to dinner. Much to my relief he cancelled. Dd will still have to get out to go to work though. She'll probably be fine, she drives an SUV, and she says its great in snow.

I have been working on a scarf. After I got a few rows into it, I realized that it was too short. I was reluctant to frog it, since I had quite a bit of time in it already, and also because I'd have to wind the yarn, and I hate doing that. I decided I would add borders to the ends, but just now it dawned on me that I could sew the ends together and make an infinity scarf. If I do that, it will soon be done, and DD has been asking for one.

Oh and I forgot to say, it turned out to be a really small thing, some sort of rod that was between the front tires had worked loose and they replaced it for less than $100.  It was hitting the pavement at times, and clanging against stuff at other times.  I'm not sure what purpose it served, since nothing appeared to be wrong with the way the vehicle worked. 

Be careful.  Glad to hear that the car wasn't a serious fix :)

When do your turtles come home???

Probably in the spring.  I don't know when I'm headed back home next and my parents can't come out with the cold weather because they heat the house with coal, which needs to be tended to a couple times a day :yes

Hey - did anyone else notice...I think the background is less a glaring white?!

I think.....

I can't say I really noticed, but maybe our eyes are starting to get used to it now?? :think

Some pics for your enjoyment. It's easy to tell the "before" kitchen pics...LOL!

Love the kitchen!!! :manyheart

I have been working on a scarf. After I got a few rows into it, I realized that it was too short. I was reluctant to frog it, since I had quite a bit of time in it already, and also because I'd have to wind the yarn, and I hate doing that. I decided I would add borders to the ends, but just now it dawned on me that I could sew the ends together and make an infinity scarf. If I do that, it will soon be done, and DD has been asking for one.

I think that's a great idea to keep the scarf useful as is :yes

Marisa - Have fun tonight and get some rest.

Judy - the kitchen is beautiful and so are the kids (Sparkie & Lucy).  I bet they're glad it's over.

Mary - The boys are adorable.  They are growing so fast.

Cindy - Glad you got your Blazer back and it wasn't a major problem.  Congrats on the weight loss.  I was thinking you could make an infinity scarf and then I read where you'd decided the same thing.

It's raining here...dark and gloomy.  I'll take pictures when I can.

Have a good evening all!

Thanks for the compliments on the kitchen ladies! The backsplash was a hard thing to decide on - and the priciest of the ones we were drawn to. The glass makes the slate less heavy and dark looking. I really love it!

And yes, the dogs are sooooo happy to have things back to normal!

Cindy that was a great idea to make an infinity scarf! There was a time or two I should have done that with scarves i made! Not much imagination....LOL!

Off I go - Have a good night.

Hi, everyone.  I got us after the phone rang twice this morning.  It was Rosie, calling to see if I'd go with her to look at rehab centers for John to go to when he's transferred from the hospital.  Carole came too, and we had a great time spending the day with each other.  The first one we went to is our favorite, by far.  So we're hoping they will have an opening when he's determined to be fit to go.  They were anticipating having some beds open up over the weekend.   He wants OUT!  NOW!!!  He's lost 26 pounds in 27 days and doesn't realize just how very weak he is.  He's nothing but skin and bones.  Poor guy.  He's being very demanding (I suspect as much from fear as anything else.)

Luke and Zachary -

What a wonderful pictures of the boys!  :clap   :clap   :clap 

Good morning everyone.  I never did make it back yerterday.  Its not like I got much done around here either,  In actual fact other than laundry and grocery shopping, I did not do anything.  I'm not sure what happened to the day.  Today I'm going to do some sewing.  I have a pile of stuff that needs buttons sewn on, seams repaired and stuff like that.  I also want to try to take in some of my jeans.  I've looked at them, and I'm pretty sure I can take them in an inch or two without too much trouble.  I won't know until I try.  The 15 pounds I've lost so far are enough to make all my pants look way too big.  However, I don't want to buy new clothes yet.  (I'm cheap, and I hope to lose more weight.)

Way to Go!!!  :clap   :clap   :clap 

We are waiting for a huge storm system to hit.  It's supposed to start with freezing rain later this morning, then a foot or so of wet snow and then more freezing rain..  Hopefully there won't be as much snow as predicted, because that much ice and snow will probably cause power outages.  I ahve to work tomorrow too.  I don;t mind driving in snow, but ice makes me uneasy.

Oh, wow!  Stay safe!  :hug 

I did get to work in my own unit on Tuesday. 

Linda, congrats on the quilt job.  I have a pile of ds's t-shirts from his high school activities that I had planned to make into a quilt for him.  It's pretty easy to make handmade stuff for girls, but harder to come up with ideas for males.  I just haven't ever done anything with them.  I also had the bright idea to mke a denim quilt and have a box full of denim pieces for that purpose.  That one is more likely to happen, since I ahve squares sewn for it. 

T-shirt quilts aren't hard to make but there are a number of extra steps that have to be taken to make sure that they turn out right.  :lol 

Sherri, hope the report that you need to do by tomorrow is going smoothly for you. 

Hooray on getting it back so quickly!  :clap   :clap   :clap   It's nice to have service people that are caring and thoughtful.  And how wonderful that it was a relatively cheap fix, too.

Some pics for your enjoyment. It's easy to tell the "before" kitchen pics...LOL!

Love what you've done with the kitchen.  It looks great.  :clap   :clap   :clap 

I agree that the background of the site is softer and for me that makes it easier to read.

Snowing harder than ever here. Dh had an appointment this afternoon and then was going to take his uncle to dinner. Much to my relief he cancelled. Dd will still have to get out to go to work though. She'll probably be fine, she drives an SUV, and she says its great in snow.
Please don't take any unneccessary chances on the roads.  :hug 

Sounds like a great idea to make it into an infinity scarf.  :clap   :clap   :clap 

Hi, to everyone else.  Tonight is the prayer shawl group.  I think I'll try to go, even though i don't like driving in rainy weather since the accident last summer, especially at night.

Linda ~ I'm so glad you got to spend time with Rosie and Carole!  I hope you got to go to your prayer shawl group. :manyheart

Judy ~ Looks like lots of snow is on the way - stay safe. :yes

Valerie ~ What did you decide to work on next?  Yay for finishing some WIPS! :clap

It reached 78* today...way too warm for February!  I've joined 3 (of 8) strips and am starting to think about the border.  Have a good evening, everyone. :ghug

Mary, I'm working on another wip.  I made some burgundy and dark green squares years ago.  I don't have enough to make a ghan so, I'm making some light green ones to go with them and then I'll put them together.  I wanted to finish the Angel and Clouds ghan but I can't find my book.  I'll look for it tomorrow.  WTG on the strips.

Linda - I hope you made it to shawl group meeting and didn't have an issue with the weather.  It's good ou got to spend the day with Rosie and Carol.  I hope John can relax a bit.

Have a good night Housemates!

Hi, again.  I did get to the prayer shawl group.  It was sure nice to be there again.  I taught one of the ladies to work a yarn winding machine and she made multiple balls from two huge cones of cotton yarn she had.  I had decided to make some saltines for Michelle, so spent the time hiding tails.  I've gone through 1 skein and a tiny bit of another.  I plan on putting them in the mail tomorrow afternoon.  So we'll see how many I can get done by then.  Catch you all tomorrow.

Good morning!

Good luck today, Judy- and your kitchen backsplash is beautiful! I love it! The window is nice as well!!!!

Mary- Love that picture of the two little ones together! Zach and Luke are so cute!

Cindy- We're going to get a Nor'Easter later on today into tomorrow. I'm going into work this morning, but I already told my boss yesterday that I'd like to leave early afternoon- My new vehicle is AWD, but still would rather be home.  When I lost weight, I bought myself some new things to keep me motivated. And I no longer have any of my bigger sized clothes- to help me stay motivated to maintain my weight! 

Linda- Glad you got to spend the day with Carole and Rosie and that John is on the mend. kudos to you for getting the quilt job!!!

Marisa- How was your knit a bridge meeting? I've missed craft club the last few weeks and miss it. Hoping to get there this Monday.

Sherry- Hope all went well with your GS dental surgery! How'd he like the turtle?

Like I mentioned earlier, we are in for a nor'easter- and fingers crossed with the winds and snow that we don't lose power. I had my fill of no power for quite a while after Sandy and not having power for 10 days. At least we have plenty of candles, batteries and flashlights! And a gas stove! DD in Boston told me her office is closing at noon today and the T (Boston subway system) is closing today at 3:30- they are anticipating 2 ft of snow in Boston- she said she's all stocked up- and ready to hunker down.

Hugs to all and hope to be back later on today.

Good morning Housemates!

Linda - good for you getting to your group meeting.  I see we're to get some warmer afternoon weather.  This weather is driving me crazy.  That is soooo sweet of you to help Michelle out.

Joanne -  Good for you leaving early.  Praying that you and others don't lose power.  I hope you get to go to craft next week.  Be safe.

Judy - Sending up wellness prayers.  Be careful in this weather.

Cindy - Be careful.  Praying for you guys that are in the path of the storm

I've already dropped off my DN...will drop off DGN in about an hour and half.  DNeph is off today.  I plan to crochet all day long.

Mary, Marisa, Marlene, Sherry, Tam, Michell and everyone else...hello.

Have a fabulous Friday everybody.

BBL!

Good Morning, House. ♥♥♥  Joanne and Valerie sure are early birds today. :yes

Thank you so much for the sweet comments (and "likes!") about Luke and Zachary's picture. :manyheart

Valerie ~ Oh, I hope you find the book!  Maybe one of us has the same book and can mail it to you - let us know!  It seems like several of us are making squares again...mine have 3 color changes and 6 ends to weave in. Thankfully, that part is done! :lol

Joanne ~ I'm so glad you're leaving work early today.  You deserve some extra time off and hopefully get home before the storm hits. :manyheart

Linda ~ Yay for making it to your group and having a good time! :clap

I'll be gone part of the morning - see you a little later!

Hi, ladies!

Linda, I'm so glad you got to the shawl meeting...and yes, I'm sure John has really been frightened throughout this experience. Anyone would be.

Thanks for all the compliments on the kitchen reno! I love it! ...but I think I said that already..LOL!

The roads here are very dangerous. The Garden State Pkwy exit near us had a fatal accident this morning - speed, I'm sure.

Went for the test, but was  given incomplete prep info, so need to go back Monday afternoon again. A pain in the bazooka, but ti is what it is.

It's good to be home. I'm going to call to cancel my hair color appt, too....not going out in this snow/rain mix. Not worth it. It'll turn cold later and then we'll see snow. Lucy and Sparkie will be thrilled!

I have the Russian Doll pattern out and will try it over the weekend. I'm startignon the largest of the dolls because I have a feeling the smaller ones will be easier once I get the feel of working in the round, stuffing it, etc. I will be slow as molasses, I'm sure, but I really want to try it.

BBL 

Hi Ladies,

I had connection problems here yesterday. I could get on and read but when I wanted to post I couldn't. Same problem this morning to, so I moved the computer and it seems to help. But I have to come back later. I have to get ready to go prep for tomorrows breakfast. Were having omlettes.

Cindy, Judy, Joanne, Marisa be careful out there in all that snow. Have a good day everyone.

Good morning!

Cindy- We're going to get a Nor'Easter later on today into tomorrow. I'm going into work this morning, but I already told my boss yesterday that I'd like to leave early afternoon- My new vehicle is AWD, but still would rather be home.  When I lost weight, I bought myself some new things to keep me motivated. And I no longer have any of my bigger sized clothes- to help me stay motivated to maintain my weight! 

Good for you!  You've got to stay safe when Mother Nature decides to throw a fit.  Hope you don't lose power.  :hug 

Linda- Glad you got to spend the day with Carole and Rosie and that John is on the mend. kudos to you for getting the quilt job!!!

Thanks.

Like I mentioned earlier, we are in for a nor'easter- and fingers crossed with the winds and snow that we don't lose power. I had my fill of no power for quite a while after Sandy and not having power for 10 days. At least we have plenty of candles, batteries and flashlights! And a gas stove! DD in Boston told me her office is closing at noon today and the T (Boston subway system) is closing today at 3:30- they are anticipating 2 ft of snow in Boston- she said she's all stocked up- and ready to hunker down.

Hugs to all and hope to be back later on today.

Hi, ladies!

Linda, I'm so glad you got to the shawl meeting...and yes, I'm sure John has really been frightened throughout this experience. Anyone would be.

The roads here are very dangerous. The Garden State Pkwy exit near us had a fatal accident this morning - speed, I'm sure.

Went for the test, but was  given incomplete prep info, so need to go back Monday afternoon again. A pain in the bazooka, but ti is what it is.

Please be careful out there, please.

It's good to be home. I'm going to call to cancel my hair color appt, too....not going out in this snow/rain mix. Not worth it. It'll turn cold later and then we'll see snow. Lucy and Sparkie will be thrilled!

Sounds like a good idea to cancel that appointment. 

I have the Russian Doll pattern out and will try it over the weekend. I'm startignon the largest of the dolls because I have a feeling the smaller ones will be easier once I get the feel of working in the round, stuffing it, etc. I will be slow as molasses, I'm sure, but I really want to try it.

BBL 

Fell asleep in the chair last night.  I actually slept pretty good.  After being out so much I was coughing quite a bit and it wasn't bad when I was upright. 

I have a luncheon to go to today with a group from church.  It will be my first time with this group.  I can't remember the whole name, it's SSASSE, but part of it stands for Socially Active Seniors.  They meet once a month for a meal and I guess do other things together as well.  Will find out more at the gathering.

Good morning housemates :hi

Well, I started reading posts probably over an hour ago now and keep getting sidetracked by remembering something that I need to do, ie. send an email, print an email, make a phone call. :sigh

My 1:00 new patient got called in to work so we rescheduled him for later today at 6:00, so it'll be a late night.  But I don't have anyone scheduled for tomorrow.

We had a good group last night and a new face :D  Always love when new people come!  One lady is having a Knit In at her house tomorrow (usually every other weekend she does) and so I'll head over there if nothing is going on.  But, I think Averie has a dance competition tomorrow not too far.  I have to text Ingrid to see if they know what time she's on.  It's her first solo competition number :bounce

Val - WTG on your ghans and WIP's.  Do you have any current orders?

Judy - That stinks they didn't give you the full prep instructions :(  Good idea to cancel the hair appt for today.  Better to stay in and alternate between a hook and book :wink

Linda - Sounds like you, Rosie, and Carole had a productive day.  I don't think John will realize how weak he really is until he needs to start moving and doing things.  He'll see even the smallest of tasks are now a chore :(  Glad you made it to prayer shawl group and hope the new group goes well.

Mary - Wow, 78!  Enjoy....it would be too hot for  me, even with this 20 we're having :lol  WTG on your strips!

Joanne - Good idea to try to leave work early, beat the storm so you can be safely at home :yes  Hoping you all and dd make it through (with power)

Marlene - Sorry you're having poor connection issues :hug  That's always annoying.

hi, ya peeps!

Well, we've had cold rain and now it's almost stopped. The yard is slippery and icy, but the road outside has improved a lot. Sounds like sleet hitting the patio window now. Waiting to see if we get 4 inches of snow or 8 - the weather map has the line between the 2 amounts cut right through where we live! Weird.

I've been working on my first Russian doll and only have 16 rounds to go before finishing off the body. I have these small heavy pellets from Michaels that I thought about using in the base of the body so it'll stay upright...if I decide to use them. I was thinking about best to do it - would rather not have to sew a pouch to hold them. Hmmmm....just thought about my old knee highs...they might be perfect. I'd just have to sew one end shut! I'll see how it works. :)

I'm home!!! :)

Left work around 1:20 and got home at 2:05- took it slow and steady- where I work was a mix of sleet/ice/rain- and it's the same where I live. The temps have started dropping- which I could notice from the time I left work and when I got home.

Hunkered down now- and since Friday's are dress down days at work, I wore nice comfy clothes so didn't even need to change when I got here.

Hoping that Boston DD is home safe and sound. I sent her a text and an email. She was scheduled to leave work at noon. They are saying this could be the worst storm in Boston since the 19th C when they started keeping records :eek  At least I know she is not alone- and has her roommate there and her landlord lives on the 2nd floor and other tenants on the third! She lives in a house that has been converted into three apartments. 

DH just got home and brought home Chinese food- what a surprise ~ I was hungry since I didn't eat lunch!!

Judy- That stinks that they didn't give you the correct prep info! But like you said, it is what it is. Good luck Monday. My hair salon called while I wa son my home to confirm my 8AM appt tomorrow. She said to call first and that if they are closed there will be a message. I said, I'll call- but depending on how much snow, I may have to cancel even if they are open. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to survive another week without a haircut/color!  Which I think I can do :tup

Marisa- That's neat that a new person came to the Knit a Bridge meeting. Are you getting any snow in Pitt?

Linda- Have fun at the Socializing Seniors. My Dad had joined a group after my Mom died and said many times, wonder why we didn't join this group sooner?  He loved it!

Mary, Marlene, Cindy, Val and the rest of the crew----I'm going to make coffee and crochet for a bit!!! What a nice treat on a Friday @3PM~~~

Marlene - Sorry you're having internet problems.  We're thinking about you.

Judy - It's good that you cancelled your hair appt, no need to get stuck in the ice.  Bundle up and stay warm.  You are really working on those dolls.  I think the knee high thing is a good idea.  I'm sorry you didn't get to have your procedure.  Oh well, maybe God has a better plan.  Looking forward to seeing your dolls.

Linda - Good for you getting out and enjoying yourself.

Marisa - I don't have any orders (well there is still one outstanding but the lady's son doesn't know what he wants yet).  Other than that, I'm catching up on wips.  After I get them caught up, I'm going to start working on RTS (ready to ship) items such as scarves, hats, etc... small quick and easy stuff.  Ift I'm going to use this to make money, I have to get some inventory.

I have an infinity scarf in the car that I've worked on each day as I wait for my riders.  I'm on the last row and will probably get it finished this weekend.  I only work on it in the car.  In the house, I'm working on the green, burgundy squares.  I'm making some light green ones in order to have enough to make a decent size blanket.

Off I go to make more squares.  I don't have to go back out today :yay .

Joanne - Good for you getting home and being able to crochet at 3 in the afternoon.  I hope all is well with DD in Boston. Enjoy your afternoon do what you love.  Hubby did a good job too.  It was nice of him to surprise you with food.  It doesn't get any better than that.

Archived