Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning Housemates!

Michelle - I don't have any squares and I don't know where to go.  I do hope that you get what you need.

Mary - Be careful and have a great day.

Sherry - Looking forward to seeing a picture of your turtle.

Marlene - Looking forward to seeing a picture of your RR.  Praying for BIL.

Off to do some hooking after I fix breakfast.

Hello Judy, Joanne, Marisa, Linda, Tam and everybody!

BBL!

Thank you and Roll Tide by the way!! at least that's what your tiny little avatar looks like! We are huge Bama fans also, got season tickets and go to every home game!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, great news about John!!!

...Update: ceiling is painted...and we ran to food store for a big shopping....which is when a piece of a filling or tooth came off in my mouth.

Anyone have a desert island to run to?

Oh, and the backsplash guy is coming tomorrow AM (I'll be at the dentist, hubby here) and again on Friday to grout it.

I'm just laughing at the craziness around here...you have to....or you can easily go to the dark side....

BBL!

Linda, great news about John!!!

...Update: ceiling is painted...and we ran to food store for a big shopping....which is when a piece of a filling or tooth came off in my mouth.

Anyone have a desert island to run to?

Oh, and the backsplash guy is coming tomorrow AM (I'll be at the dentist, hubby here) and again on Friday to grout it.

I'm just laughing at the craziness around here...you have to....or you can easily go to the dark side....

BBL!

Oh, Judy!  When it rains, it pours!  Good luck at the dentist tomorrow.  :lol 

Thanks, Linda - I have a feeling I'm going to sleep very deeply tonight.

Have a good one everybody. Not sure when I'll be here tomorrow.

Judy - sorry for all the commotion at your house.  Everything will settle soon.  Good luck at the dentist.

Linda - Great news about John.  Prayers still going up.  Glad you're rested and hope your energy returns soon.

Michelle - Roll Tide!  Yes, I'm a Bama girl living in Georgia for now.  What part of Bama are you from?

Marisa - I hope you took time for a hot chocolate break.  You have a very busy evening.  Enjoy!

Joanne, Cindy, Sherry, Mary & Tam...miss you ladies!

Have a good night everybody!

Ok, I'm going to try to post a pic of the turtle.  He's so cute!!  I will be giving him to littlest GS on Thursday when he has his dental surgery.

Haven't read anything as it was a long day and will have another one tomorrow as it's payday--and I have one more report that has to be done by Friday (thought I had until March, but noooooooo, its gotta be Friday :( ).  Will try to catch up tomorrow while I'm at DD's. 

post-27829-0-15714200-1360124515_thumb.jpg

post-27829-0-70423300-1360124560_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Good luck at the dentist. Glad Sparky is doing better.

Linda, Great news on John. Glad your getting lots of rest.

Mary, Hope you weren't to late.

Sherry, The turtle is adorable. DGS is going to love him. I wouldn't be surprised if your other DGS won't want one.

I hope the rest of the house ladies had a great day.

Today I went with another couple to sign up to volunteer for the Oyster Festival in March. Us girls will be taking tickets in the oyster bar. Boy I hope that isn't a stinky job. The guys are going to work with the Lions Club. They have to go take a class to. One of the guys in are park is in charge of that booth.

We got a call tonight on bil. He didn't have a stroke. Today he had a headache and they were doing a test this morning and told him it's a migraine. Apparently it doesn't happen very often but you can go numb. Hard being away from home and really know what is going on.I'm one who always has questions. He went home this afternoon. Thanks for all the prayers.

I have a busy day tomorrow. I need to do laundry in the morning before crafts at ten, baked potato lunch, the pt in the afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great wednesday!

Good morning! Happy Hump Day!

Love the turtle, Sherry!!!! So so cute and good luck to GS on Thursday!

Judy- Oh, my, when it rains, it pours,- good luck at the dentist and I'll bet you are excited to get the backsplash in! Prayers continuing for the health issues. Glad to hear Sparkie appears to be responding to his meds.

Linda- Wonderful news about John- glad you got to speak to him!!!

I have been using what little free time I have to work on the 'ocean waves' blanket. It's coming along nicely, but it is a yarn hog! LOL

Cindy, Val, Mary, Marlene, Marisa- and everyone- Hope you have a great day! Hoping to see Ryan after work today- Being with him really rejuvenates me!!

Good morning Housemates!

Sherry - The turtle is beautiful.  GS will love it.  Praying all goes well with his dental surgery.

Marlene - Glad BIL didn't have a stroke and got to go home.   Mmmm, lunch sounds delicious.  Have a great craft day.

Joanne - Glad to hear from you.  WTG on afghan...looking forward to pictures.  I'm glad you're going to get some "RT"...Ryan Therapy after work today.  Hope paradise is good to you.

Judy, Linda, Tam, Mary, Cindy & Marisa...have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!!

Good morning...Lucy is serenading us as th eguy works in the kitchen. I'll be leaving for the dentist at 9:30. I hope DH regains some of his patience with Lucy etc...

Sherry I agree with Marlene: I thing more turtles are in your future! That is sooooo cute!!

Good to "see" you Joanne!

Later, gators...

'Morning, all. :waving  Yesterday was a very long day and I'm so glad to be staying home today.  We're having a new patio door delivered - laundry and crocheting are on my list!

Judy ~ Sending you lots of hugs. :hug   You all have so much going on at the same time...best wishes that everything is okay. :manyheart

Sherry ~ The turtle is adorable!  He (she?) just makes me smile. :)  I hope your GS's surgery goes smoothly and he heals quickly. :hug

Hi Valerie!  Looking forward to pictures!  :photo

Marlene ~ Oh, that is good news about your BIL. :yes   The Oyster Festival sounds like so much fun.  How are Maya and Jocelyn doing?

Linda ~ Thank you for the good news about John!  He's going to love his quilt!  I hope Rosie is getting more rest now. :)

Hi to Joanne and the rest of the House, too. ♥♥♥

Is this a place to keep up with what is going on day to day in our lives and what we are working on and how it is coming along? And is this a private group? I have been looking through the forums trying to find which 1 is a day to day post forum. I am hoping this is it.

Ty    jeannie

Jeannie, (MamawNana), this is a group open to anyone who cares to join us.  We would love to have you be part of our group.  We post about anything and everything, but we do throw a bit of crochet in there every once in a while.  We do like to keep up with the day to day events in each others lives, so most of us try to check in daily if we can.

I'm Cindy, I'm a wife, a mom to two daughters, a son and a son-in-law, grandma to 4 little boys, with a 5th grandchild on the way, and I work part time as a critical care nurse.  I like a lot of crafts, with crochet, sewing, knitting and quilting at the top of my list.  I will do pretty much anything to keep from cleaning my house. 

Hope to get to know you better.

Hello everyone,  work yesterday was super busy again.  I did not have a bad day, but it was hectic.  I'm off til Friday now.

Marlene, my nephew ahd a migraind last year that seemed like a stroke.  he was hospitalized for a couple of days.  Glad it wasn't mroe serious for your BIL.

Judy, hope Lucy got used to the workmen.  Otherwise your Dh may have had a trying morning!  Is the work coming to an end?  Continuing to send good thoughts for the ehalth issues.

Linda, such good news about John.  Hopefully the rest of his recovery goes smoothly.

Sherry, I love that turtle, it's nothing like I  imagined, just hearing that you were making a turtle.  Bet your dgs loves that.

Well, gotta go, dh just came in for lunch.  BBL.

Good morning!  Carole and I were going to go see John this morning, but he is bushed today, so postponed the trip to another day.  With that I decided to go to the craft group at my church.  It was great seeing everyone and I may even have a quilt to do for one of the ladies that was there.  Her daughter is graduating from college in May and wants a t-shirt quilt made with things from her activities while there.  Mom is going to make sure that she hasn't already asked a friend to do it before we go any further.  So that's a possibility in the offing.  Keep your fingers crossed.

John was walking in the hallway with the folks from physical therapy yesterday and is sitting up in the chair in his room 4-5 times a day now.  Rosie took him outside yesterday for a while to get him oriented to where he is in the hospital.  They are talking about sending him to a rehab nursing home in another day or two.  So lots of progress being made.  He, of course, wants to skip the rehab place and go straight home.  Not sure if that is a good or a bad idea.  Time will tell.

Marlene ~ I'm so glad to here that BIL's numbness was from a migraine and not a stroke.  :clap 

Joanne ~ Good for you on the progress with the "Ocean Waves" 'ghan.  And there is nothing like time with a grandchild to calm the waters and rejuvenate you.

Judy ~ Hope the dentist visit went well.  :hug    And hooray for all the work around the house getting done speedily.  :clap

Jeannie ~  Welcome to Our House!  We'd be glad to have you join us.   I usually check in here multiple times a day.  I'm retired, so that makes it easy for me to do.  My dog's name is Sweet Pea and you'll hear all of us talk about our furry friends.  I have two grown children and one adorable grandson.  I've been knitting, crocheting, and doing sewing handwork since I was 8 or 9.  I took up quilting 4 years ago and now split my time between crocheting and quilting for the most part, but the other gets thrown in on occasion.  We love sharing pictures of what we have going on and cheer each other on. 

To everyone else, hoping you have a great day.  :hug 

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Oh boy, I can't believe it's so late in the day already :eek  Well, yesterday's networking and social events went well.  There were only 3 of us at dinner and one guy stopped in for just a couple minutes and we had some great conversations about various topics :yes  I didn't get home until 10:30!   Then I couldn't sleep last night and was still up at 2, needless to say, I didn't make it to the gym this morning and am still feeling sluggish :(

I didn't have any patients scheduled for today, but now have one coming in the next hour ish when she's done with work.  Bean came and put in an outlet for me up front near my desk so I can put my turtles there :clap  My mom's kinda sick of having them :lol  She's been stuck with them for about a year and a half!  But there was no good place for them here as the outlets are kinda far and few between with just bad placements for a turtle tank :lol 

My dad's job was offering MS Office 2013 for $10 so I got we did that over the phone.  Since he doesn't have much use for it, he lets me get it :D  Anyways, I downloaded it from the link it emails you and it's not working properly :eek  So, I end up on the phone with MS customer support for 2 hours....without it fixed!  Someone else will call me back tomorrow :sigh  So I'm guessing that's the next level up the ladder :think  In the meantime, the other girl removed my 2010 version so now I have none.  I do still have the code for 2010 in my papers and can look it up if they can't fix it tomorrow to get that one back.  When I asked her about it she was going to do it, but after 2 hours I just wanted to be done with it and I know that one works so I shouldn't have a problem to reinstall that.  Anyways, the patient coming in tonight now is the one that works in IT :devil

During all of our downtime on the phone though I got a lot of papers/receipts filtered through for taxes :clap  Not done yet and have some installment type financing payments to look up online for my account printouts.

I didn't take notes so only have a couple things that I remembered I want to address.....

Judy - :hug  I hope your dentist appt goes well tomorrow.  You'll get through this and I agree with everyone else, when it rains, it pours :hug

Sherry - I love the turtle!!!!  He is just too cute :manyheart  Good luck getting all your work done, it's never ending :sigh

Val - I did finally have my hot cocoa :drool and it was yummy!

Cindy - Enjoy your couple days off :clap  Were you in your unit yesterday, or end up back in cardiac?

Linda - Great news about John!  I think it would be a poor choice to go home just yet :think  I think it would be in his best interest to go to the rehad for a bit :yes  Hoping you get the quilt job :xfin

Jeanne - :welcome to Our House!  Yes, jump in here we'd love to have you.  Most of us chat daily, but if you can't get here that often just come by when you can :yes  I'm Marisa and I own a chiropractic office in Pittsburgh that I opened just over a year ago now and these ladies have been an awesome support system through the whole business startup process :ghug  Since moving here, I live with my sister (Steph) and her boyfriend (Bean)....and often talk about his sister (Ingrid) and her kids (Averie and Sloan).  I'm originally from the Poconos, where my parents still live but will probably move here after my dad gets to retire :xfin  I also have a brother who lives with his wife, 3 sons, and 1 daughter in Phoenix.  We rarely see them and when we do, it's mass chaos! :eek  I usually open up the Ville when I get to work and leave it up all day :blush

I hope you're all having a wonderful day :hug

I'm back housemates :devil

Well, I forgot that I took a pic with my phone the other night of the newest pair of texting gloves.  The quality is not the best and for some reason the pic makes her hands look oddly large, but I assure you they're not! :lol

post-36814-0-23666700-1360187020_thumb.jpg

Jeannie - welcome to our House.  This is the best place to be.  We're family here and support each othere through our ups and downs.  Come in as often as you like.  I currently live in Georgia but I'm a BAMA girl working on moving back home.  I share an apartment with one of my 4 sisters along with her son, daughter and granddaughter.  We have 2 more sisters living at home in Bama.

Linda - Sorry you didn't get a chance to visit with John today.  However, it worked out with your craft group.  I hope you get the quilt job.

Marisa - Maybe you can have an early night and get rested up.

Cindy - Enjoy your days off.  What's on your hook?

Mary - I'm glad you get to stay home and do what you want today.  What's on your hook?

Judy - I hope Lucy was good for DH.  Hope the dentist wasn't too hard on you.

I'm putting together a 42 square ghan.  I will fifinish it shortly.

BBL!

I asked the dentist who invented novocaine....he didn't know. I said they deserve a medal...along with the discoverer of Nitrous Oxide!! It was quite an involved job. Didn't get home till lunchtime!

'Morning, all. :waving  Yesterday was a very long day and I'm so glad to be staying home today.  We're having a new patio door delivered - laundry and crocheting are on my list!A new patio door - love stuff like that!

Judy ~ Sending you lots of hugs. :hug   You all have so much going on at the same time...best wishes that everything is okay. :manyheartTY...dentist is done!

Is this a place to keep up with what is going on day to day in our lives and what we are working on and how it is coming along? And is this a private group? I have been looking through the forums trying to find which 1 is a day to day post forum. I am hoping this is it.

Ty    jeannie

Welcome!! As you can see, we talk about everything here...including projects we're working on...LOL!  I'm a senior citizen, married forever, and mom to a soon to be 38 yo son and to 2 furry children (the German shepherds in my avatar). I cross stich a little and am a beginning knitter, too, but am most comfortable with crocheting, particularly graph ghans.

Come by here anytime!!!

Hello everyone,  work yesterday was super busy again.  I did not have a bad day, but it was hectic.  I'm off til Friday now.Yay for days off!

Judy, hope Lucy got used to the workmen.  Otherwise your Dh may have had a trying morning! DH was still sane when I got home...LOL!  Is the work coming to an end? Done for now! They were able to finish grouting the backspalsh today - they didn't want to chance the bab weather coming our way for Friday.  Continuing to send good thoughts for the ehalth issues.TY....since the workmen are done here, Hubby will take me for my test on Friday morning - looks like the weather won't be too bad till later that day. we're so close to the ocean maybe we won't get much snow since the storms coming are inland, not coming off the ocean.

Did your patient who is in IT help you with the computer problem??

I'm back housemates :devil

Well, I forgot that I took a pic with my phone the other night of the newest pair of texting gloves.  The quality is not the best and for some reason the pic makes her hands look oddly large, but I assure you they're not! :lol

attachicon.gifIMG338.jpg

Great work, Marisa!

Val, I always feel so sorry for the dentist...I have a small mouth...and the tooth involved is one of my wisdom teeth. He had to go to plan B, since he couldn't keep the area dry enough to use the composite he wanted to put in. So, with my saliva all over his gloves and my chin he managed to put in a new silver filling - not his first choice at all, but the only reasonably priced solution. They're so good about presenting the options and take very good care of us.

My next project was going to be the Russian nesting dolls but with the chaos around here all I crocheted was granny squares out of my little balls of odds and ends. After I get caught up with laundry and cleaning tomorrow I hope to be able to spend at least part of the weekend trying out the pattern for the dolls.

Have a great night my friends!

Good morning housemates!

Marisa - cute gloves.

Judy - glad you're okay.  Hope you get back to normal soon.

Linda - Congrats on the quilt job.

Shout out to Marlene, Joanne, Cindy, Sherry, Tam, Mary and Jeannie!

I did get my afghan completed with edging and all :yay .  I've completed 2 items in the 15 February CAL.

Off I go to decide what to work on today. 

Have a good day all.

BBL!

Hi House.  I hope everyone is having a good Thursday morning! :manyheart

Jeannie ~ We love for new people to join in! :welcome    I'm married; one DD and SIL; two grandsons; one crazy Cairn terrier named Gracie and a yarn loving cat named Zoe. :)

Cindy ~ Enjoy your day off!  Are you working on anything special?

Linda ~ How exciting to have the quilt commission! :cheer  It will be interesting to see how you put it together. :yes

Marisa ~ Your texting gloves are great!  :clap  I really like the yarn you've used.  I hope the new Office software can be fixed today. :yes

Valerie ~ I've finished the 58 4" squares as of yesterday.  They are for a baby 'ghan using Vanna's White, Sweet Pea and Pink Poodle yarns.  :c9

Judy ~ Oh, I'm so glad your dentist visit turned out well.  I love the nesting dolls and can't wait to see yours!

Tammy ~ Thinking of you and your family. :hug

Hi to those I've missed, too!

Good morning everyone.  I never did make it back yerterday.  Its not like I got much done around here either,  In actual fact other than laundry and grocery shopping, I did not do anything.  I'm not sure what happened to the day.  Today I'm going to do some sewing.  I have a pile of stuff that needs buttons sewn on, seams repaired and stuff like that.  I also want to try to take in some of my jeans.  I've looked at them, and I'm pretty sure I can take them in an inch or two without too much trouble.  I won't know until I try.  The 15 pounds I've lost so far are enough to make all my pants look way too big.  However, I don't want to buy new clothes yet.  (I'm cheap, and I hope to lose more weight.)

We are waiting for a huge storm system to hit.  It's supposed to start with freezing rain later this morning, then a foot or so of wet snow and then more freezing rain..  Hopefully there won't be as much snow as predicted, because that much ice and snow will probably cause power outages.  I ahve to work tomorrow too.  I don;t mind driving in snow, but ice makes me uneasy.

Marisa, I like your texting gloves.  They still look like a lot of work to me, so I applaud you for making several pairs.  I did get to work in my own unit on Tuesday. 

Mary, what a cute picture of your grandsons.  I can't believe how big they are getting!

Linda, congrats on the quilt job.  I have a pile of ds's t-shirts from his high school activities that I had planned to make into a quilt for him.  It's pretty easy to make handmade stuff for girls, but harder to come up with ideas for males.  I just haven't ever done anything with them.  I also had the bright idea to mke a denim quilt and have a box full of denim pieces for that purpose.  That one is more likely to happen, since I ahve squares sewn for it. 

Sherri, hope the report that you need to do by tomorrow is going smoothly for you. 

Val, congratulations on the finish.  Looking forward to seeing it.

Judy, Tam, Marlene, Jeannie, good morning, hope your days are going well.

Archived