Our House Part Two

JulieKay

If I remember right SSASSE stands for Still Socially Active Single Senior Episcopalians.  I knew quite a few of the ladies who were there.  There are 17 in the group at present.  Meet once a month for a meal and chatter.  Several are in the In Stitches group at the church.  Some go to the early service and some to the later service.

I ended up with 80 saltines for Michelle, but 20 are in a slightly different style, so don't know if she can use them or not.  They're not too much different, so I'm hoping she can work them in.  They're in the mail now.

hi, ya peeps!

Well, we've had cold rain and now it's almost stopped. The yard is slippery and icy, but the road outside has improved a lot. Sounds like sleet hitting the patio window now. Waiting to see if we get 4 inches of snow or 8 - the weather map has the line between the 2 amounts cut right through where we live! Weird.

I've been working on my first Russian doll and only have 16 rounds to go before finishing off the body. I have these small heavy pellets from Michaels that I thought about using in the base of the body so it'll stay upright...if I decide to use them. I was thinking about best to do it - would rather not have to sew a pouch to hold them. Hmmmm....just thought about my old knee highs...they might be perfect. I'd just have to sew one end shut! I'll see how it works. :)

I like the sound of the pellets to help them stay upright.

Hope everyone has a safe, warm weekend.  No power outages.  :hug 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joanne, how sweet of hubby to bring in food! No cooking and crochet and coffee...heaven! We just had soup and sandwiches....so easy. Enjoy the weekend!

Val, you have lots of wips! Enjoy your crochet time.

...and I think my knee high will work great for the weighted beads.... :)

Have a good night everyone - and safe travels to those having bad weather!

Judy -- we are going to have grilled cheese sandwiches and soup tomorrow!!! Stay warm.

I got a burst of cleaning energy and dusted and vacuumed the 2 bedrooms and the office. I still had totes of yarn up here from Sandy. Put them downstairs where they belong. Lol

Now I am going to crochet and relax the rest of the evening

Hello everyone.  We got at least a foot of snow overnight, so driving to work was a bit problematic this morning, but essentially uneventful.  The plows hadn't really been out yet, and our long driveway ahd been plowed sometime during the night but ahd collecdted another 6 or 8 inches of snow.  The roads were pretty good by the time I left at around 5:30 though.  I'm so glad I had my Blazer back, we would not have gotten our with our van.

Interestingly, this weekend is the snowman festival in Grand Rapids, and the ice festival in our little town of Rockford.  Seems sort of neat that the weather decided to co-operate.

For those of you on the east coast, stay safe, sounds like you are really getting hit.  My nephew and his wife in Boston say that this is supposed to be the biggest storm there since the 19th century.  Nephew says vehicle traffic in Boston was banned after 4 PM today.  Joanne, did you hear from your dd?

Marlene, sorry about the internet connection issues.  Bet you don't miss our snow at all!

Judy, sorry about the test.  Hope it goes well on Monday.  I think maybe Lucy and Sparkie are going to get their fill of snow!

Joanne, I'm glad to hear that you got to go home early and that you had some time to relax.  And how great of your hubby to bring dinner home!

Val, when you said that you were going to suggest making my scarf into an infinity scarf, I had to smile.  My cousin always used to say "great minds think alike", and that popped into my head when I read your remark. 

Linda, sounds like you found another great group to be part of.  You certainly got a lot of saltines done for Michelle.

Marisa, WTG on another new patient. 

Hi Mary and Tam.

Hi All!  Seems like I've been gone a long time!  Grandson LOVED the turtle--he took it with him into the surgery, slept with it last night and took it to day care today.  He (the turtle) is not yet named but hopefully he will have a name before the end of the weekend.  The surgery went well, started late but he was so good and didn't cry to eat until after the surgery.  Cried for Mcdonald's McNuggets--so that's what he got (Dr said he could have whatever he wanted).  He cried for me to spend the night, so being a good Me-Mo (my grandma name), I spent the night.  DD (his mom) fell the day before the surgery and hurt her foot, so I really needed to be there anyway since she can't drive while on pain meds.  So we have both boys this weekend :)

Thank you for all the comments on the turtle!  And yes, I will be making another one.  Oldest GS will be picking out the colors--told him it had to be different so they can tell them apart. Will be posting a pic of that once it's done.

Welcome to Jeannie!  It's a great place to come and visit.

Joanne - hope things are too bad for you.

And I can't remember who else lives where it's snowing but be careful and be safe if you have to get out in it.

Well, I'll come back tomorrow and try to catch up.  Have a wonderful evening all.

Cindy -- I did hear from my Boston DD and she left work at noon and was home by 1. She said she had no issues with mass transit and tha t the subway system was being shut down at 3:30. Hopefully they keep their power. It's really started snowing fast and furious now.my youngest had to work today and normally works till11:00 pm. I was very relieved when she called me at 7:15 to tell me she was home. She was able to leave since she pit herself on the early out list.

Sherry- glad to hear that GS surgery went well and that you have them for the weekend. I hope your DD feels better soon. Enjoy your weekend

See you in the AM

Woohoo. The guy that does our lawn in the summer is outside plowing our driveway. So happy that we don't have to do it. It's very pretty but it is the heavy wet kind of snow. Perfect for snowman building but not so much fun shoveling. Now to see if the hair salon is open. I doubt it. We got about 7 inches I'm guessing.

Now it's time to get coffee. Bbl

Hi ya peeps!

Loks like a foot of snow on our patio table....will measure :)

I took pics too. We've already been out to uncover the cars so our neighbor across the street can use his snow blower on our property without us messing it up again. It was an aerobic activity!

We have to get out back and let the pups run and chase each other - this is Lucy's first big snow!

Sherry, that's cute about your GS loving the turtle so much - testing it was perfect timing.

I worked on the Russian doll last night till I got to a fiddly part near the top and the furples decided to wrestle next to my chair, growling at each other and knocked over my tote bag....

Need to get dressed...BBL!

Good Morning. :manyheart   I hope everyone in snow country is safe and warm!  :flake  We have a chance of severe storms later today...think I'd rather have snow. ;)

Marlene ~ I hope your internet is working better.  Your Saturday breakfast sounds really good!

Sherry ~ Oh, I hope your DD improves quickly. :hug   Have a good weekend with your grandsons. :)

Joanne ~ Good for you for having the driveway and walks cleared already!  Enjoy your day.

Time to get back to work, so I can crochet later.

Good morning.  Its really cold out there this morning, but the sun is shining brightly and the snow is sparkling.  Its really petty.  I guess I may as well enjoy the snow while its here! 

I have to do some cleaning today, and then this evening we are going to go out to dinner with dh's brothers and their wives, and then go visit the in-laws. 

Judy, I measure the snow on the patio table as well.  What did Lucy think of the snow?

Joanne, so glad to hear that your DD's got home safely.  Hope you could get your hair done.

Mary, hope those storms miss you!

Hair salon is closed as I expected so no hair cut/color for me until next Saturday! Oh, well---there are worse things in life!!

Mary- Stay safe in your storms!

The snow IS beautiful! Saw pics of some houses in Lowell MA (about 20 min north of my DD) and they have 28 inches and still snowing.  Still waiting to hear from my DD and don't know if she has power or not.  ETA: She just texted me a picture- and it's still snowing.  So now I can relax knowing she is safe and sound :-)

Cindy- Enjoy your day and your dinner out tonight.

Judy- Have fun with the furples in the snow! Hoping to go make a snowman this afternoon with Ryan!

Made pancakes and sausage for breakfast and a fresh pot of coffee. It's just so pretty with the snow on the branches and and I'm so glad it's a day off!

.::Morning House....... So sorry I haven't been around lately! I've been super busy and I honestly needed fo have a little emotional breakdown! Guess I'm not the strong person I thought I was! Oh well... New day! I'm gonna read through some posts and try to catch up. Hope you all are having a great day! Be back later.

Good morning Housemates!

It's good to know all of you in the snow area are safe and sound.

Joanne - Sorry you can't get your hair done but as you said, there are worst things.  I'm glad that DDs are safe and sound.  You're going to have fun with Ryan and that snowman this afternoon.  Who said, "Good help is hard to find?"  Sounds like your yard guy is a ok.  Have a good day and try to stay warm.

Sherry - I'm glad for GS's successful surgery.  I knew he would love the turtle.  Praying that DD heals quickly.  Have fun with the GSs this weekend.

Mary - I don't know...I've had one of those snow storms where you were without power for 7-10 days soooo I think I prefer the thunderstorms.  I use to be one of those that got a thrill at the mention of snow.  Oh yeah, I found my book.  I've already started on the last of the 12 squares(big).  I hope to finish this one today.

Judy - Yes, I have quite a few wips.  Some are a result of my working hours when I managed the store.  I'm excited about getting them done.  My excitement increased when I completed 2 nice size afghans.  I feel like I'm doing new projects and getting to complete them.  There is a plus for almost complete wips.  Looking forward to seeing your pictures.  I know Sparkie and Lucy are going to have a ball in the snow.

Marisa - Praying all is well with you.

Cindy - I'm glad the roads were clear for you.  Enjoy your time with family today!

My sister just finished brunch...so I'm off to eat and get back to this afghan.

Marlene, Tam, Linda, Jeannie and all have a good day.

BBL!

Good morning Housemates!

It's good to know all of you in the snow area are safe and sound.

Joanne - Sorry you can't get your hair done but as you said, there are worst things.  I'm glad that DDs are safe and sound.  You're going to have fun with Ryan and that snowman this afternoon.  Who said, "Good help is hard to find?"  Sounds like your yard guy is a ok.  Have a good day and try to stay warm.

Just got a pic of Ryan in the snow- am trying to upload it now. He's going for his nap now, so she'll call when he's awake and I'll head over. My oldest DD sent me a pic of snow in MA and it's still snowing. She still has power (TG)!!! Val- I'm very lucky that the guy we use is very reliable and very reasonable. He worked for the guy that used to do our lawn when we first moved here and we would hire him to do odd yard jobs and plant new shrubs. He decided to try it on his own and he's more reasonable and always goes the extra mile. I was so thrilled this morning that he showed up that he got an extra tip from me!!! Good help can be found and he is a gem!

I don't know why when I tried to quote Val it turned out like it did in the above post.  Still getting used to the 'new' Ville!

Tammy- Many hugs to you! You are strong and you have been facing some real challenges lately- You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Good morning all.  Good to hear that all of you in the Northeast are okay.  Hoping that Marisa is too. 

Woohoo. The guy that does our lawn in the summer is outside plowing our driveway. So happy that we don't have to do it. It's very pretty but it is the heavy wet kind of snow. Perfect for snowman building but not so much fun shoveling. Now to see if the hair salon is open. I doubt it. We got about 7 inches I'm guessing. Now it's time to get coffee. Bbl

Hooray!!!  That's the right kind of yard guy to have.

Hi ya peeps!

Loks like a foot of snow on our patio table....will measure :)

I took pics too. We've already been out to uncover the cars so our neighbor across the street can use his snow blower on our property without us messing it up again. It was an aerobic activity!

We have to get out back and let the pups run and chase each other - this is Lucy's first big snow!

Sherry, that's cute about your GS loving the turtle so much - testing it was perfect timing.

I worked on the Russian doll last night till I got to a fiddly part near the top and the furples decided to wrestle next to my chair, growling at each other and knocked over my tote bag....

Need to get dressed...BBL!

Naughty furples!  :lol   I can just see Lucy in the snow.  What fun!

Having fun in the Snow!

attachicon.gifIMG_1050.JPG

Wonderful picture, Joanne!!!!  :hug 

I've seen lots of pcitures of grandchildren here, but you guys haven;t seen my grandsons.  So here they are.  This picture is a year and a half old.  I don't have any more recent ones on this computer.  (It's hard to get all 4 boys more or less looking in the same direction.(

post-6189-0-77244400-1360433798_thumb.jpg

Joanne - I'd seen Ryan's picture on FB.  He is adorable.  Have fun this afternoon

Cindy - Your GBs are so cute.  You'll have to take an updated picture next time they're over.  Tell them you have a treat if they all pose and give you a good picture.

I'm on round 9 of 14 on the last square of the wip I'm working on.  I am so excited about getting this old stuff finished.  I'm going to have quite a few ghans when I finish.

DGN is going to the father/daughter dance at 6 this evening. 

BBL!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......

I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think she'll forgive me :)

post-18634-0-28414600-1360439690_thumb.jpg

Hi again!

.::Morning House....... So sorry I haven't been around lately! I've been super busy and I honestly needed fo have a little emotional breakdown! Guess I'm not the strong person I thought I was! Oh well... New day! I'm gonna read through some posts and try to catch up. Hope you all are having a great day! Be back later.

Tam we're women and we are human....breakdowns happen...don't berate yourself! And you guys are always in my prayers.

I've seen lots of pcitures of grandchildren here, but you guys haven;t seen my grandsons.  So here they are.  This picture is a year and a half old.  I don't have any more recent ones on this computer.  (It's hard to get all 4 boys more or less looking in the same direction.(

Oh, that is so adorable!! TY!

Archived