Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Just dropping in to say good night.

5 loads of laundry, and grocery shopping done today. I also cleaned the camper and the camper dishes in preparation for camping next week.

Tonight I finished a knitted slipper that I began months ago and started the second one. I'm hoping I can give these to my son in law for Christmas. I know he would really like them.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello ladies...... I started reading over all the past posts....hopefully I can somewhat catch up soon.

One thing I can say is this...I have no pink in my closet. Most pinks do not go with my hair :lol

Maryd you go girl on that vest.... :) get that hook clickin :hook

I just have to sew the hood on Aidens sweater and all will be good with that. I got the yarn to make the dinosaur sweater for him and will work on that in between the rows of his blanket.

I also just finished up my flapper hat...turned out good.

If I ever get my days and nights straightened out, I might get some pics :lol

OH and I did just win my very first thing in Canada !!! We usually play a couple of cards for the lottery if the jackpot is high. So Brian went to spend 6 dollars on two lotto tix (dunno the results of that yet) and me, being more of the instant gratification type, decided to do something I never ever do. I bought 2 3dollar scratch off games. Well I ended up winning 10 dollars on each card. So lets see...tix all total 12 dollars, won 20, net gain of 8 dollars :cheer

This is why we never play the lottery. But once in a blue moon we give it a whirl.:lol

I am going to try to get a good nights sleep or some semblence of one tonight.... I made a wicked pepper steak for dinner and my stomach is full and I am sleepy............

Will catch up soon !

JulieKay - The vest is beige and green, but more beige than green. I might post a few progress pics. I'm only 8 rows in (front) row right now. Ha ha. So maybe I wait a few more rows first. The bonus is I am now doing some at lunch time at work as well as nights after work. So the progress will soon get better. Last night I only did two rows and fell asleep with it on my lap. Ha ha

So it's a pretty yakkity group ha... I should fit in nicely then. I am such a chatterbox. :lol

Judianne - I will stay warm. I'm a nerd that way. Although I don't really like our heat in summer... Those temps go to high for my liking.:eek

Marpan79 I will send a few progress pics. Over the weekend coming, by then I should have at least have half of one of the front completed, or more, if I work full speed ahead. :think Oh am not using a pattern am trying to design my own. Which is the reason why I am taking so long. It's a very simple design, but am keeping it simple for my first.

skysmom - thanks luv. I could do with a little warmth here. :clap

Laura - So I have been doing quite a bit today. And will continue tonight and tomorrow at lunch time. I see where I end up by Sunday night. :)

:)

Oh and Gardiner, I will try your 20 questions and send it in the next post. This one is turning out to be a novel. Ha ha

'morning peeps!

Triple H's from today onward...Hazy, Hot and Humid:P Give me winter ANYTIME! I have enough fat on my bones to keep me warm:lol

Just dropping in to say good night.

5 loads of laundry, and grocery shopping done today. I also cleaned the camper and the camper dishes in preparation for camping next week.

Tonight I finished a knitted slipper that I began months ago and started the second one. I'm hoping I can give these to my son in law for Christmas. I know he would really like them.

WoW - Where di you get all that energy?!?:clap

The first fishy strip is almost finished!

Have a good evening, House. :manyheart

Yay for good progress!

Hello ladies...... I started reading over all the past posts....hopefully I can somewhat catch up soon.sometime catching up in this thread isn't possible! when that happens, we just dive in on the last page:lol

One thing I can say is this...I have no pink in my closet. Most pinks do not go with my hair :lol

I've found that out!;)

I just have to sew the hood on Aidens sweater and all will be good with that. I got the yarn to make the dinosaur sweater for him and will work on that in between the rows of his blanket.

I also just finished up my flapper hat...turned out good.Busy fingers!

OH and I did just win my very first thing in Canada !!! We usually play a couple of cards for the lottery if the jackpot is high. So Brian went to spend 6 dollars on two lotto tix (dunno the results of that yet) and me, being more of the instant gratification type, decided to do something I never ever do. I bought 2 3dollar scratch off games. Well I ended up winning 10 dollars on each card. So lets see...tix all total 12 dollars, won 20, net gain of 8 dollars :cheer

This is why we never play the lottery. But once in a blue moon we give it a whirl.:lolsounds like our luck:P

I am going to try to get a good nights sleep or some semblence of one tonight.... I made a wicked pepper steak for dinner and my stomach is full and I am sleepy............

Will catch up soon !

I hope you slept well....:clap

JulieKay - The vest is beige and green, but more beige than green. I might post a few progress pics. I'm only 8 rows in (front) row right now. Ha ha. So maybe I wait a few more rows first. The bonus is I am now doing some at lunch time at work as well as nights after work. So the progress will soon get better. Last night I only did two rows and fell asleep with it on my lap. Ha ha that happens...:lol the colors sound good together!

So it's a pretty yakkity group ha... I should fit in nicely then. I am such a chatterbox. :loloh, we are talkers...sometimes there's a lull, but then - watch out:lol

Judianne - I will stay warm. I'm a nerd that way. Although I don't really like our heat in summer... Those temps go to high for my liking.:eekmy mood and body detest the heat

have a good night, maryd.:hug

cu all later....a few chores to do once I get moving - meeting GD and her mom for lunch. GD starts college at the end of the month! Seems like only yesterday I was holding her in my arms:c9

Good morning ladies :hi

Just breezing through for now. I got back to work on my graph ghan last night and did a good 8-9 rows :clap while watching the olympics. Hoping for the same tonight :xfin

Got up this morning and went swimming :D Now have a patient in the treatment room with the therapy on her, she's a returning patient :yay

Not much going on around here though, which is good :yes

Be back a bit later

Good morning everyone. Not much happening here, not sure how I will spend my day as DD is sleeping since she has to work tonight. Guess I could clean downstairs.....

My great niece (she had major heart surgery a few weeks ago), has had a serious setback. Some brain damage seems to have occurred during the course of the surgeries and procedures she's had. This would not be unusual, given the poor function of her heart prior to surgery. The expectation is that there will be some improvement, but how much is unknown.

Good morning Housemates!

I'm not feeling so good right now! I need Marisa's treatment for my pain.

I won't be answering individual post and I'll go back later to answer Julie's questions.

I did try what you ladies suggested and made something small. Here's the small ghans! Alabama ghan on left and Auburn ghan on right!

post-15738-135897771238_thumb.jpg

post-15738-135897771241_thumb.jpg

Hi House. Lots of activity here since last night! :)

Valerie ~ Your small afghans are wonderful! :cheer After the big projects you've been working on, it must feel great to finish something more quickly. Feel better soon. :hug

Cindy ~ Where will you all go camping? Congratulations on finishing the slipper! I'm keeping your great niece in my prayers. :hug

Maryd ~ I checked the time difference and you're 15 hours ahead of us...I've always had a hard time with time zones. :lol You're definitely back to crocheting if you're taking it to work! :clap

Laura ~ Even with the crazy sleep schedule, you've accomplished so much! Looking forward to seeing your hat and the sweaters. :) DH usually buys one or two lottery tickets each week...we've never won anything. :lol

Judy ~ Have a wonderful visit with your goddaughter. :manyheart

Hi to Julie and Marisa, too!

Hi Tabby! It's always so good to see your posts! :) Did Elijah's skin problem clear up? I hope so!:c9

Maryd ~ Good luck with your vest! Yes, I would LOVE to send you some of our heat. :lol

Julie ~ It sounds like lots of sleep was just what you needed to get over all your body has had to deal with recently! I hope you continue to get your strength back. :manyheart No name for the baby yet, but I keep asking. :lol

Marisa ~ I'm glad you like your hair cut!

Well, I loved making the fish ghan so much that I'm starting another one.:hook This time, the background is Vanna's Baby Aqua and the fish are Sweet Pea and Duckie.

Hi Mary! Thanks, it's always great to come in here. :) Yes, Elijah's skin is doing well.....he has to use special, expensive lotion and if he flares-up he has to use a steroidal ointment. The derm. seems to think it is going to be more of a winter issue. Thanks for asking. :manyheart

I cannot wait to see your fishy ghan. How has life been treating you?

Good morning Housemates!

I won't be answering individual post and I'll go back later to answer Julie's questions.

I did try what you ladies suggested and made something small. Here's the small ghans! Alabama ghan on left and Auburn ghan on right!

Very nice Valerie. :cheer I hope you find some relief soon.

My great niece (she had major heart surgery a few weeks ago), has had a serious setback. Some brain damage seems to have occurred during the course of the surgeries and procedures she's had. This would not be unusual, given the poor function of her heart prior to surgery. The expectation is that there will be some improvement, but how much is unknown.

Oh, no....:(
Good morning Housemates!

Good work, Val! Feel better soon:hug:manyheart

I had a nice lunch with my GD and her mom. The place we were going to was closed for renovations so I suggested the Greek restaurant close by. Yummy:D GD leaves for Syracuse on the 23rd...I'll see her one more time before she goes.

Howdy all

Not much to yak about yet today so stopped in just to say hi . Will check in again later sometime .

Hi, kiddo!!:hug:manyheart

I have pretty much spent the entire day doing nothing. I read, crafted and went for a walk. I played around on-line and found a great crockpot recipe for pork tenderloin which I made for dinner.

Yesterday while I was running errands, I stopped at a Meijers that I don't usually frequent and nearly all their yarn was on clearance. Caron pounders were $3.99 each (I bought 4, 2 purple and two peach color), and Bernat Super Value were $1.59 for the 8 oz skeins. (got 3 of those in a medium blue) They also had their crochet hooks and some of their knitting needles on clearance. I have lots of those, so I resisted, but I was tempted. I'm sorry now that I did not buy the 100% wool that was also on clearance. I could have made my grandsons felted mittens, which I think would keep their hands dry and warm when they play in the snow. I doubt if I will get near that store again while there is still yarn left. Wonder if they are going to stop selling yarn. Meijers is the only place around here that sells the Bernat Super Value and its my favorite bargain yarn. The color choices aren't as good as Red Heart Super Saver, but it's much softer and nicer to work with.

Now that I have all this yarn, I think I am going to have a go at designing another baby blanket. It's been a long time since I felt like designing anything. we'll see what happens!:lol

Cindy, what a great yarn haul!!!! HAve fun designing a new blankie - I can't wait to see what you come up with:cheer

Have agood night everyone:hug:manyheart

Tabby ~ Awww, I sure hope little Eli outgrows the skin condition. :manyheart Everything is fine here...another grandson on the way in October and Luke is growing up way too fast!

Judy ~ Lunch sounds great! It's so very special that you see your goddaughter as often as you do. :)

Cindy ~ Wow! Great find on the yarn! Your day sounds very nice and relaxing. :yes

We're having kabobs with chicken and veggies for dinner. Today was 108* and I'm ready to run away to someplace cool. :lol

Hi all,

I had internet issues again and cable co had to come again and DH was able to stay home and do the three hour window wait. Thankfully, the guy that came this second time appears to know what he was doing and traced the issue to the cable on the pole up the street. So far so good, so we'll see.

I have lots of posts to catch up on- saw a questionnaire from Julie, a couple of pretty ghans by Val and lots of chatter. Will try to catch up tonight but now I must get ready for Friday in Paradise!!

Hi everybody! Just stopping by to let you know I am alive and kicking and thinking of all of you. My life has settled into a boring routine so there's not much to say unless you count what I had for breakfast (oatmeal LOL! I did warn you it was boring). Or maybe you want to know that I lost my keys yesterday and found them much later after digging through the kitchen garbage with its banana peel, coffee grounds, leftover pasta, you get the picture.

Hope you all have a great day!

Phyllis, my life sounds just like yours, except that my keys haven't been in the garbage recently.:hook

Nothing much to report here. DD is working again tonight so whatever I do has to be quiet. I'll probably do some cleaning in the basement and d\finish getting the camper ready for next weeks outing. We are going to a small campground that is on a small lake. Its only about 30 miles away. Dd and family will be in a cabin there.

Hi, everybody!

Cindy, sounds like you enjoy camping! It's not for me, I think, but you're not the only one I know who likes it.

Hi everybody! Just stopping by to let you know I am alive and kicking and thinking of all of you. My life has settled into a boring routine so there's not much to say unless you count what I had for breakfast (oatmeal LOL! I did warn you it was boring). Or maybe you want to know that I lost my keys yesterday and found them much later after digging through the kitchen garbage with its banana peel, coffee grounds, leftover pasta, you get the picture.

Hope you all have a great day!

Oh, Phyllis!:lol:lol:lol

Mary, stay cool....

Hugs to everyone! BBL

Happy Friday, House. :flower

Phyllis ~ :lol Thank you for sharing...and giving us lots of smiles today!

Joanne ~ Hopefully, your internet is fixed this time! :xfin

Cindy ~ Your vacation with family sounds great! I hope you have perfect weather!

Valerie ~ So glad you're feeling a little better. :manyheart Looking forward to your next picture!

Hi Judy and the rest of the House, too. :)

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Maya starts school right after labor day. Try and stay cool.

Maryd, A round ripple (rr) is usually done with dc's. The colors to your vest sound really nice.

Cindy, Prayers for your great niece. That's a great find on the yarn. I looked when I was at Meijers last week to see if there was any new yarn, but didn't notice any yarn on clearance. I hope they aren't removing it. I have noticed that they have picked the sewing stuff. Have a great time camping next week.

Julie, Nice to see you back!

Tab, Good to see you!

Marisa, Glad you like your hair cut. I still don't like mine and it's been 2 weeks.

Laura, We rarely play the lotto here. I did win $10 once. I was going into DD's apt and someone dropped there McDonald's bag on the ground and there scratch off lotto tickets. I got paid for picking it up.

Val, The baby ghans look great. Hope your feeling better soon.

Judy, Sounds like a great day with GD. Are GS is leaving in a few weeks for Ferris (it's up north in Michigan).

Phyllis, My hubby has the same problem to. He can't keep track of his keys for nothing.

DD came wednesday after work and took Maya to an amusement/water park. They were a little disappointed that Maya isn't quite tall enough for the rides in both places. They still had a fun day though.

Hubby golfed and I went to the cemetary to water the flowers and pulled the weeds. I also planted some columbines.

Keep getting side tracked here so will just finish off.

Archived