Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning ladies :hi

I got quite a bit done on the baby blanket last night (and I did not work on while I was here at all), but still have 3 squares to attach 2 of which need to be made....so I really think I'll take care of that while I'm here today :think

I woke up early this morning before my alarm went off. When I started to stir I thought I must've turned the alarm off and not remembered and then thought that I guess I wasn't going swimming THEN I looked at the clock and it was before the alarm so I got my badorkus moving and to the gym I went. I had to stop at Sheetz on my way to put air in my tire, I think there's a slow leek because I also had to a couple weeks ago before heading to my parents. I have to call my dad to see if he had to put air in it at all while I was home.

Julie - Don't worry about being behind, just move forward young lady....this is a stress-free zone and thinking about past posts will make coming here stressful :eek

Cindy - So glad to hear that your great neice did well with the surgery and continued prayers that she has the same response to everything else that needs done :hug

Marlene - Maya is too cute, dreaming about heels :lol Have fun at the library this morning.

Val - Glad to hear that your friend's son is home, even if his mouth is wired shut :eek At least it's only temporary :yes

Joanne - Ryans birthday sounds wonderful and oh boy.....his first bball game :bounce

Laura - Many of my classmates and I have a separate chiro group on fb that we stay in touch through with questions and such. It's a closed group that you can only join by invitation, so we can speak somewhat 'freely' there :lol I'll ask around. I look through yesterday and I have someone in Mississauga, Woodbridge, Hamilton, Sarnia, and London. But I'll ask if we have anyone in your town or if anyone can recommend someone there that they know :D Don't worry, we'll get you all set up :wink

Judy - WTG on your baby rr and I'm glad you're happy with the pattern :D

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laura - My friend in Woodbridge gave me this recommendation for your area. I do not know these doctors myself, but definitely trust this friend's opinion. After checking out the website and reading the 3 doctors profiles, my recommendation based solely on the headaches is Dr. Dana Ito since it says she does cranial work too. However, any of the 3 would surely be able to help you and offer relief.

Good luck :)

http://proactive-health-cobourg.com/dito.html

Hi House. :manyheart Behind again. :lol I went in to see our doctor's PA this morning...whatever I have isn't getting any better and I have no patience with feeling bad. ;) She thinks it's allergies, gave me a shot and told me to continue taking the antihistamines.

I may lie down for a while and will check in a little later. :)

Hello ladies.........

Had a busy morning....I lost my birth certificate somewhere in transit of moving or some such nonsense :thair so I have spent my morning trying to get the State of Illinois to send it to me in Canada. 50 something dollars later, it is accomplished. :eek I need it to get married in Ontario as you need 2 forms of ID now... I could have used my drivers licence but it expired on my last birthday and I'm not exactly in Louisiana to get a new one now.... (can't drive now because of it, but well I'm not really missing that too much)

Because of that I went right away and found a fireproof lock box we have that we aren't using ( yes I know...don't say it...why were we not using it) and put all of our passports, divorce papers, birth certificates and other such important docs into it... (wishing I would have done that one before...)

Judy - I forgot to say good morning to you :eek I realized that after I posted...I thought I left someone out.... hmm

I was thinking of a hood less version yes...but I brainstormed and have another idea...more to follow soon......

Marisa - ooooh THANK YOU....(so nice to have a doc in the house :lol )...that chiropractor is just down the street from me as I live on Elgin St. E. Perfect fit and I will definitely give her a call ! Thank you so much for you time with this :hug:manyheart

Mary - I hope you are feeling better..........you are right, being sick gets really old really fast......... I hope the shot helps you...........

Now I will work on the sweater and my new ideas for it :crocheting

Good afternoon!

Quick drop in to say hello.

Mary - hope you feel better soon. My allergies have flaired up as well.

Marisa - hope your tire is not going to be a problem.

Judy - great progress on your baby rr.

Joanne - what a way to end a busy day..."Ryan". Hope it takes you through today fast.

Julie - hope you're feeling okay!

Cindy, Marlene, Linda...hope all is well!

:waving

Hi Everyone! I'm so appreciative for the feedback and comments and welcomes! :cheer:nworthy

I am writing from my work computer. I think my home computer has "issues" :blush and it limits my ability to access the CAL. But I'm in! :hug

Nadine

Will make time to figure out how to add pic and upload it to CAL. Forgive me if I take a while to learn. :lol:blink

Hi House. :manyheart Behind again. :lol I went in to see our doctor's PA this morning...whatever I have isn't getting any better and I have no patience with feeling bad. ;) She thinks it's allergies, gave me a shot and told me to continue taking the antihistamines.

I may lie down for a while and will check in a little later. :)

Hmmmm...sounds like the PA is guessing, too....:P

Hi, Nadine!! Glad you were able to get back here. Check the main page for info on posting pictures. If I try and explain it to you it'll be like you're reading a book:lol

Hello everyone. Had a good day at work today, although very busy, and that was worsened by computer problems. Our system has been on a temporary server for a few weeks, and last night they transferred it back to the main server, and it seems whenever our IT department does something like that it creates problems. I'm off for the rest of the week now.

For some reason I am exhausted. I slept well last night but I guess I shouldn't have stayed up until after midnight trying to finish my book. Maybe 5 hours of sleep isn't quite enough. So tonight will be an early night.

Good morning housemates!

Yesterday was a nice weather day so decided to go over to DD's after work and we went for a nice long walk with Ryan and Belle (their bulldog). It was a nice way to end the day.:c9

Laura- I can't wait to see what you've come up with for the sweater that you are making.

Marisa- That was great that you were able to find a chiro you could recommend - and turns out to be only a block away from Laura! You rock!:tup ( thought there was a 'high five' smiley- but couldn't find it)

Cindy- Enjoy your days off--hope you were able to get a great night's sleep!

Julie- Glad that you had good news about the scan!

Linda- Missing you around here-and hope you are settling in nicely!

Judy-How about that Ichero trade? And what about that game the other night when 3 batters got hit by the pitcher? Crazy! I chuckled at your post--(the brainwashing---) There was a picture DD took of him holding his bottle watching the field--it looked like he was really into it! (or is that just my wishful thinking:lol)

Val-when you said you got the apartment, is that in GA or AL? I think I may have missed something.

Nadine- Glad you found your way back to the House:)

Mary- Hope that the allergies calm down- and that is what the problem is!

Marlene- I bet Maya had lots of fun wearing the heels. My girls used to love playing 'dress-up'

Like Judy mentioned, the next few days are not great on the weather front- the humidity will be back, higher temps- 99 forecast- and T-storms forecast . So glad I got the walk in last night!!!

Off to get ready--hope you all have a good day.

Good morning!

Joanne - the apartment is in GA. We own our home in Bama. I stated a while back that the move back home wouldn't happen this year and would become a goal for next year. The weather here is very hot and humid. We are under a heat alert. After another night with Ryan, I hope the memories helps youu to sail through paradise.

Just dropped my niece off at work. Busy day.

I hope all of you housemates have a wonderful day. Try to stay cool!

BBL.

Good morning!

Joanne - the apartment is in GA. We own our home in Bama. I stated a while back that the move back home wouldn't happen this year and would become a goal for next year. The weather here is very hot and humid. We are under a heat alert. After another night with Ryan, I hope the memories helps youu to sail through paradise.

Just dropped my niece off at work. Busy day.

I hope all of you housemates have a wonderful day. Try to stay cool!

BBL.

Now I remember that you you wouldn't be moving back to AL this year!;) But I didn't realize you had to move from your current place. Hope it goes smoothly. I hope the memories of a pleasant evening carry me through too. One meeting in particular I'm not looking forward to - when it's over it's smooth sailing till quitting time!:lol

morning, ladies.

We're off to the food store for a few things before I go for a color touch up. My hairdresser has been sidelined with a sprained wrist so I'm waaaaaay past due for color!:lol

Joanne, yes, I like the Ichiro trade, actually. He's with veterans his age and the buzz he'll feel from the Yankee Stadium welcome tomorrow night will boost him no end!! And the hit batters...I was VERY :angry:angry:angry:angry There should be no DH..I want the pitchers to fear for their careers when they come to bat.

If that makes me a bad person...well...;)

Later, gators...

OH...here's the happy boy (on the left) after we finally figured out how to get HIM upstairs at night, too - like in the old days before Lucy became the guardian of the second floor:P

post-8552-13589777006_thumb.jpg

Morning ladies :coffee

Praise the Lord, the much needed :rain is here !!! Has been raining steady since last night. Has been thundering too and that is freaking out Maya a bit. She is not a dog who likes thunder. In fact she doesn't even like to go out in the rain even if she needs to. We have to quickly coax her out in order to get her to do her dog business ! :dog I am thinking, with her fear so much of it, that perhaps she was left tied out in the rain in her past. I mean she doesn't even want to go near the doorway or eat when it rains. If Maya could talk I think she could write a great book on abuse.

Nadine - so good to see you ! :manyheart When you are composing a message, click on the paperclip and it will give you the box to upload a pic from your computer.

Cindy- that book must have been good to stay up late to finish it...hope you got some sleep.

Val - ugh for the hot humid weather. Having lived in Louisiana for many years I totally know what you mean. We had heat alerts a lot too :(

Judy - ha told Brian same thing last night...I am way overdue to have my hair colored (as in I can see the grey) so I hope this weekend to get the deed done, along with my nails which have to be manicured before they all split off.

Your doggies are so cute :) Are they shepherds?

I am in the midst of completely reworking parts of the sweater. Actually I am completely re-doing it. If it was adult size I wouldn't do this but it is 4T size so not a big deal. Changed the edging to a contrasting color too. I had wanted to do that in the beginning but didn't think I had enough wool. I was, happily, wrong.

Here are pics of our dog on vacation...Comfort Inns are pet friendly hotels. You can stay at almost any of them and they accept dogs. We were just goofing around for the pics though..she slept on the floor not the bed :lol

post-61967-135897770065_thumb.jpg

post-61967-135897770068_thumb.jpg

Joanne - you'll get through the meeting. We chose to move...our heat breaks every winter and our air every summer. You can actually hear people snore. It's a very large apt but we just can't take all the problems anymore.

Judy - I am so glad Sparkie is permitted upstairs again. They are both so adorable. Stay cool while out and about!

Laura - your Maya is adorable as well.

Laura, what cute pics!! Our bed hasn't had a decent cover/spread in forever - always allowed the dogs on the bed. And yes, they're GSDs. Sparkie is a submissive male (6 1/2) and Miss Lucy at 1 1/2 is the diva in charge of the house - as all females are! Lucy is our 7th shepherd, but 8th dog. Our first was a Shelite:manyheart and before that we had a tabby cat.:manyheart

Good luck with the sweather - looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Off to get my hair done...later, gators:hug

Joanne - you'll get through the meeting. We chose to move...our heat breaks every winter and our air every summer. You can actually hear people snore. It's a very large apt but we just can't take all the problems anymore.

all of that would drive us crazy!

Judy - I am so glad Sparkie is permitted upstairs again. They are both so adorable. Stay cool while out and about!

Laura - your Maya is adorable as well.

We already had a little rain....t/storms coming later today! I have my neighborhood book club tonight - but nothing stops that:lol

Good Morning, House. :) Thank you for the get well wishes...I think the shot made me groggy and I slept a lot, but I do feel better this a.m.! :xfin

Hi Nadine! It's great to see you again. :hook

Valerie ~ Congratulations on finishing another afghan! :clap Looking forward to pictures. :yes

Judy ~ Love the picture of the children! Way to go, Sparkie! :D How big are you making the RR? I want to make another one when I finish the fish 'ghan. :)

Marlene ~ I'll bet you froze 1015 onions?! Every spring we look forward to buying them...they are so mild and sweet! I hope things with your family are going well. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Did you finish the baby 'ghan?

Joanne ~ Had to laugh at a bulldog named Belle! :lol That is so cute! I'm glad Ryan had a fun 1st birthday and that you were able to have dinner together.

Laura ~ Awww, Maya looks so comfy on vacation. :) Yay for rain in your area! Good luck with the sweater - your plan sounds like a good one. :yes

Cindy ~ Enjoy your days off!

Hi to Julie, Linda and the rest of the House, too. ♥♥♥♥♥

Good morning ladies :hi

I was supposed to have a patient at 11, but she left a message to cancel because she's not feeling well and I'll tell ya....she sounded horrible on the machine :( I hope she feels better as the day goes on :hug

Last night I went to my event in town and I had planned on walking, but decided it was too hot and I'd have to wear shorts and a tank, whcih I deemed inappropriate for a networking event :think So decided to drive and traffic was just horrible so I was a bit late.....but at least not the latest :lol It went well, but bad choice of venue IMO as it was hard to move around and really be social :think Saw some familiar faces from the other events I've been too, but more new ones so I was able to pass out a lot of cards :yes

When I got home, I finished the baby ghan :clap:yay I just ended up putting a round of sc for the border in cream color which is in the ghan and I used that to border each square for attaching. I wanted to do an outer round in a color, but do not have enough yarn in something that matches so I think it will be fine as is :think I'll snap a pic to share and you can let me know your opinions.

This morning I slept in, which means I didn't go to the gym :eek However, I do anticipate working out while I'm here today to make up for no swimming, which is good to switch up the activity I'm doing anyway.

Mary - Glad to hear you're feeling at least a bit better this morning :hug Not surprised that you slept a lot, your body heals when you sleep :yes

Laura - You are so very welcome young lady :hug Glad you were able to get the birth certificate under control and that you got some much needed rain :yay Your vacation pic is adorable!

Val - Wow, you were up late :eek I think that's about the time I turned off my nook and rolled over myself.....maybe that's why I wanted to sleep in today :think

Nadine - Glad you made it back :hug Good luck with your picture posting, it's not too difficult and as Judy said, there's some instructions on it in the welcoming section of the 'ville :D

Judy - :yay for getting your hair color done. It always makes mine feel so nice when I get it done. Great pic of the pups :manyheart Have fun at book club tonight?

Cindy - Glad you had a good day at work yesterday despite the computer issues :eek I hope you got a good nights sleep.

Joanne - There surely is a :h5 smiley :wink It's so easy to overlook them when you're looking for something specific as there are so many of them. I hope your meeting goes well today.

Marisa, Yay for passing out more cards!:clap

Mary, I think I'll stop at about 40 inches or so....

Color came outnice, i think....natural looking for a change:lol

Just finished a yummy slice of lemon meringue pie, which I have to get my slices in while I can...before Brian gets to it ;) I made it last night and I promise you that by tonight it will be an ex-pie :lol

Doing really good with remake of sweater...done with front, back, one sleeve and halfway through second sleeve. :crocheting :crocheting

Val - I so hate that about apt living, when you can hear the other people :eek

We rent a house here, but there is an upstairs apt. The man is really nice, (and thank God not rowdy) but you can hear everytime he takes a shower or flushes the toliet :eek:eek:lol

Brian always keeps saying...oh one day I can't wait to have our own house :lol

Judy - ha ha who has a good bedspread when dogs are around? :lol

What do you do at your neighborhood book club? It sounds interesting and fun.

Glad your color came out "natural". I am a natural redhead and to color my hair .grrr and make it "natural"....tricky business. I usually use a light or med auburn just so it brings out the red highlights in my hair. I never use red, OMG it would make me look like a woman of the streetcorners :eek:eek

Mary - So glad you are feeling better. Its no fun when the cure knocks you out, but perhaps you needed the rest.

Marisa - Way to go for passing out new cards..:clap and way WAY to go for finishing the baby 'ghan :cheer Bring on the pic ...lets see the finished work !

Also forgot to say (but I am sure you figured out) that in the one dog pic was also a pic of my Brian, whom I call my sweet baboo. (well he calls me that too) Comes from the Peanuts cartoons where Sally used to call Linus her sweet baboo. I read once that Charles Schultz and his wife used that pet name and that is why he wrote it into the cartoon. :lol I will have to see if I can find a good pic of us together....I know there must be one somewhere ;)

Hello everyone. Went out for breakfast this morning, got a haircut, bought groceries and did some cleaning. The hairdresser talked me into going outside my comfort zone with my hair. She gave me a more stylish cut than my usual bob. I think it looks pretty close to the way I always look, but it's a very different cut. It looks really nice now, but we'll see what happens when I have to style it myself! You can get some idea of what a good cut it is when I tell you that my 23 year old daughter thinks its wonderful, and is considering getting a cut like it herself!

it rained here overnight and this morning so now it is very humid and uncomfortable outside. My flower gardens are over run with weeds, but they will have to stay that way for a while longer.

We are taking the in-laws out for dinner tonight. We are going to one of the few restaurants in our area that still has a salad bar. Ir ember when every restaurant had a salad bar, but now they are few and far between, at least around here.

I had to smile at the no nice bedcovers because of dogs comment. Whenever I buy a new bedspread, I consider how badly Sophie's hair will show on it. If I think it will be obvious, I look for something else.

I just got back from running errands, going to take that pic now :)

But I have to add that we had dogs while I was growing up. 3 in total, none of whom were allowed upstairs :no My dad was and is always laid back, but he did not want them up there and so they learned that up the stairs was restricted.

Although the first that we had when I was super little would go hide on the other side of my sisters bed in thunder storms and the 2nd one that we had during the last few years we had the first used to sleep at the top of the steps after my dad went to bed.

The 3rd was our rottweiler and my favorite :manyheart She only went up there when she was told to go wake my brother up, since none of us could do the job :rofl But my mom would have to tell her several times. When it was time for him to get up she'd ask the dog where Damian was and she'd walk to the staircase and look up and then look back at my mom and then my mom would tell her to go get him and she'd again look between the stairs and my mom. Usually on the 2nd reassurance she went up and straight to his room to jump on him!!!! Oh she was too cute!

Be back in a few with a pic........

OK, so here is the baby ghan. Disregard the still attached tail :lol

I got a pic of the front and back. I also got a close up of my ridge from doing the join as you go. I don't think it's the ridge that's 'supposed' to be there, but I like the look of it so kept going with it :shrug

post-36814-135897770096_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897770101_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897770104_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897770107_thumb.jpg

Marisa, that's so pretty!!!!! Funny about dogs and t/storms. Sparkie needs reassurance, too, and needs to be near us.

Just finished a yummy slice of lemon meringue pie, which I have to get my slices in while I can...before Brian gets to it ;) I made it last night and I promise you that by tonight it will be an ex-pie :lolMIL used to make a wonderful Lemon m. pie! Yummo!

Judy - ha ha who has a good bedspread when dogs are around? :lol

What do you do at your neighborhood book club? It sounds interesting and fun.We have man adult beverages first...discuss neighborhood news....then an hour into our meeting, discuss the book. We rotate houses for the meetings and all bring something to share. I'm bringing beer tonight:D

Glad your color came out "natural". I am a natural redhead and to color my hair .grrr and make it "natural"....tricky business. I usually use a light or med auburn just so it brings out the red highlights in my hair. I never use red, OMG it would make me look like a woman of the streetcorners :eek:eek

It's sort of a golden brown, warm, and in the sun will show red highlights, which is part of my natural brown. I did go very red last time...like you said: streetwalker look:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol Not this time;)

Also forgot to say (but I am sure you figured out) that in the one dog pic was also a pic of my Brian, whom I call my sweet baboo. (well he calls me that too) Comes from the Peanuts cartoons where Sally used to call Linus her sweet baboo. I read once that Charles Schultz and his wife used that pet name and that is why he wrote it into the cartoon. :lol I will have to see if I can find a good pic of us together....I know there must be one somewhere ;)

we like pics!:D

Hello everyone. Went out for breakfast this morning, got a haircut, bought groceries and did some cleaning. The hairdresser talked me into going outside my comfort zone with my hair. She gave me a more stylish cut than my usual bob. I think it looks pretty close to the way I always look, but it's a very different cut. It looks really nice now, but we'll see what happens when I have to style it myself! You can get some idea of what a good cut it is when I tell you that my 23 year old daughter thinks its wonderful, and is considering getting a cut like it herself!That is a compliment!! I've hadno luck in maintaining a classy blow out like I get at the salons. My hair is too wavy and curly and I have no patience to do it properly.Add the summertime humidity and :eek

We are taking the in-laws out for dinner tonight. We are going to one of the few restaurants in our area that still has a salad bar. Ir ember when every restaurant had a salad bar, but now they are few and far between, at least around here.

Have a nice time!

I had to smile at the no nice bedcovers because of dogs comment. Whenever I buy a new bedspread, I consider how badly Sophie's hair will show on it. If I think it will be obvious, I look for something else.

That's how I choose what clothes to wear and the color of the cheap blanket that covers the sheets!:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Archived