Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Taking 5 from :crocheting..........

Judy - :lol I do that with my friends, plates and the cabinets too ;) Ok good friends I might use Chinet and not regular paper plates :lol

Yes the skunk thing is nasty..we have had quite a few around here too. The last thing I ever want is a skunked dog.

Ranting does make you feel better...sometimes it pays off. I don't want people to think I am a big ranter or anything, but I used to work customer service and we always had excellent customer service so I have a tendency to expect the same.. one time I wrote an email to Bernat because I had 2 skeins of yarn of theirs that was so knotted and frayed in the center it was impossible to use it and had to cut the sections out. I was really nice, just wanted to mention the problem to them. Long and short of it, they sent me 3 skeins of the same yarn. (and said in future I should return it to place of purchase...hmm like they will take back something 2/3 used???) :think

Glad you liked Maya's rasta look :lol

Your blanket turned out beautiful !!!!!! Love the edging and colors.

Cindy- hmmm I did use John Deere colors :D hadn't thought of that. My son lives in Racine, WI and he wanted Green Bay Packers colors (nervy to ask that of a Saints fan who grew up in a Bears household :lol). I used Red Heart Super Saver in Light Sage, Cornmeal and White.

Val- you don't know how glad I am to see I am not the only one who gets bored with projects...but that bedspread is beautiful !! All your work was worth it ! Thanks so much re: the pic of my guys....

Mary - phew ! glad the haircut worked out !!! At Great Clips too...thats good...they were kind of hit and miss when I lived in Baton Rouge...one girl there was really good and another was not so good. See above for yarn I used. So glad you liked the pics....Maya is used to us being silly ;) She didn't stand for it too long...I snapped really fast !

LOL I love the way you think...save money...more yarn :lol a woman after my own heart... I try to tell Brian this all the time...how I save money for us so I can buy my wool !! hmm dunno if he buys it.... :lol

Ok back to the WIP before Brian gets home and I have to cook....(which I don't know what to make as it is sooooooo hot and I don't even feel like eating let alone cooking... :D )

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I went swimming at the gym today, which felt great since I didn't work out at all while at my parents.....well, unless you count lifting all the beer to my mouth? :eek:rofl

The party was a huge success on Saturday and we were partying through to Monday! We got home Friday, and that was really our only relaxing time. Saturday morning was spent getting ready for the party, which was at 1:30.....we had people there all day until about 1AM! Sunday was my cousins graduation party, which was at a catering hall, so we all went there and then stopped by their house after. We had people coming back to our house around 6 so had to be home by then. Well, then we had people over until after midnight. It was funny, my one Aunt works for a company that makes crackers....Westminster in Vermont and she had 2 sample packages with her so we did blind tastings. She wanted to see if we could identify the flavor of them as part of their research and we had a ball!!! We made everyone taste and write their guesses down so as not to be swayed. She took them back to her boss this week and he just loved it....he gave her 5 more to do :rofl

Well, then on Monday we ran errands and I got to ride my motorcycle....I met my mom and Steph everywhere :D We had pedicures in the afternoon....6 of us (all family) at the neighbors who has a nail business in her house and who we grew up with and then everyone gathered again at our house and it was more partying! We did call it an early night though since Steph and I were driving back yesterday/Tuesday.

We went for a late breakfast yesterday morning with our parents and then hit the road....got back into town around 4-4:30is, unpacked and got some crochet time in. Incidentally, we were so busy all weekend that I never even got to pick up my yarn and hook :eek

Catching up paperwork today from while I was away. I was supposed to have a patient this afternoon, but she text to let me know that she wasn't going to be able to get it in today.....she has to drive about 30-40 minutes each way :(

That brings us to now :whew It's pouring outside....an hour ago it was sunny, now it looks like 9PM with thunder and rain!

I do my individuals in a new post so it's not crazy long.

Judy, your blanket turned out great!

Thanks! Coming from the designer, that means alot!:hook

Judy I how are you feeling? What a beautiful blanket! Love the color.

Feeling a bit better every day - still can't lay on my left side at night (pain) but the rest of the symptoms are improving! Seeing DS on Friday again.

Thanks for the compliment. I love the way the 2 colors go together....

Judy ~ Your baby ghan is adorable! :c9 Have fun shopping. :DThanks! I did have fun - had a 25 percent off entire purchase on my phone for Michaels:D I was sensible, though - there will be more coupons. Bought some colors to flesh out some I have at home so I can make baby ghans - non traditional colors, of course. No subtle baby colors at all:lol

Success! I ended up going to Great Clips and got a wonderful haircut. The girl has been there almost 5 years and even though they don't take appts. you can call and ask for their schedules! Gee, think of the money I'm saving...more yarn for me!

My hairdresser just called me and said the hair salon is shut down! It's been family owned for at least 30 years! She's going about 10 minutes away, so i'll still get her to do my hair.Have to wait yet another week - she's healing from a sprained wrist.

I have to find out what happened to the lease the salon had...maybe they were pushed out:think

Laura, Nadine, & Strawberry - I'm Marisa, a chiropractor in Pittsburgh. I just moved here last year and openned my own practice in November (from Philadelphia). I currently live with my sister (Steph) and her boyfriend (Bean, nickname). I often talk about Ingrid (Beans sister) and her kids, Averie and Sloan. My nephews Caleb (8), Joshus (6), and Malachi (4); and my neice Madeline (2)....they are all my brother and sil's kids and live in Phoenix so we never get to see them :( Steph and I just threw my parents a 40th anniversary party this past weekend :D I have 2 turtles, but my parents are caring for them while I'm living at my sisters.

Cindy - I hope you get your cleaning and laundry down quickly so you have 'quit'ghan time :lol

Laura - Can you get a window unit to get some AC in your apartment? It's a good idea to rent for now to gain time to do what needs to be done :yes Sorry you had to frog some of the scarf that you wrote :oops Alex and Aiden sure take a great picture and I love the dog with the hat :manyheart I recommend cooking in the crock pot with this heat if you want hot food :think

Val - Is your internet straightened out yet? My hair color is reddish brown. I'm naturally brown with red highlights, but the color I use is a shade darker and I only use it to hide the gray really. It's just a semi-permanent so it slowly washes out so I don't have to deal with that line of demarkation as it's growing out. The Floriday pic was a shade lighter than usual because last time we did it, we ran out of my color but had some in the next shade so used that to make up for it. Apparently my mom really disliked it! :eek:lol

Nadine - Definitely do not try to go back and catch up in this thread, just move forward :yes There's even a whole thread that's been archived from here :eek I haven't done too many garments. I have a sweater, but it's a beachy one so it's more lacey anyways. Also I have a knitted jacket that's STILL not finished from last year. It's been sitting waiting for a hood and edging for quite a while now :eek

Judy - I'm sure your friend won't mind the game being on while you're sharing coffee. I always enjoy morning time as well.....I always hope people sleep in so I can have more lonely morning time :devil The baby ghan came out gorgeous :manyheart

Strawberry - The little bag came out great!!! Is that the one you had to frog a few rows of?

Mary - Glad to hear that you love your haircut! I have an appointment scheduled in 2 weeks, it needs to be done :eek

Joanne - Sorry you're working late yet again, we'll see you in the morning! But you're right, come Friday at 1, it'll have been worth it :D

Tab - Great picture of Eli in the pool :lol

Julie - ONLY being showered by 9AM is not bad!!! The picture of Cam and Pyper is absolutely adorable :manyheart

Thanks! Coming from the designer, that means alot!:hook

Feeling a bit better every day - still can't lay on my left side at night (pain) but the rest of the symptoms are improving! Seeing DS on Friday again.

Thanks for the compliment. I love the way the 2 colors go together....

My hairdresser just called me and said the hair salon is shut down! It's been family owned for at least 30 years! She's going about 10 minutes away, so i'll still get her to do my hair.Have to wait yet another week - she's healing from a sprained wrist.

I have to find out what happened to the lease the salon had...maybe they were pushed out:think

Sorry to hear about the salon :( Great news about improving a bit though :hug

Marisa ~ Your long weekend with family sounds like so much fun! I'm glad your turtles are doing well. :D

Judy ~ Great coupon at Michaels! What are you planning for your next project?

DH is out of town tonight, so it's some extra crochet time for me. :hook I'm starting another scarf and have joined 3 strips on the fish 'ghan. :)

I had my computer off for a few hours while the T/storms passed by. I think they're pretty much gone. Gave us some much-needed rain.

Judy ~ Great coupon at Michaels! What are you planning for your next project?

Another babyt ghan - this time for a boy. Royal blue and Scarlet (caron pounders)for the squares and I'll be using a new variegated from Michaels for the borders that has that blue and red, etc in it. I need to get my bright colors in there.:D

DH is out of town tonight, so it's some extra crochet time for me. :hook I'm starting another scarf and have joined 3 strips on the fish 'ghan. :)

Hubby is gone overnight, too, so I'll be busy with both my hook and books!

HAve a great night my friends:hug:manyheart

Morning folks

Wow, am I behind again .

Cindy

Yea, Pyper and Cam are both yakkers. Put the 3 of us together and it sounds like an auctionierre's convention . She's a real pill .

Sorry your knees are bothering you too. I got the one replaced and it is SO much better. The other one is getting really bad,but I sont think I could do another surgery right now, so I'll just limp it along awhile yet .

Hope your workday goes well .

John Deere items are really in style down where our reunion is -- farm country all around,so one of their drugstores has an entire display of John Deere items .

Jude

Glad you are seeing some improvement and feeling better. Great news . Hope you had a nice evening last night doing the things you love.

Linda

Thniking of you. I know you are probably majorly busy and that you wont have internet for awhile,but we miss you .

Laura

Love the photo of your pup with the hat on. He has this look on his face like WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO ME ? HOPE NONE OF MY FRIENDS SEE ME LIKE THIS .

Val

That yellow rose bedspread is so beautiful. You have so much talent ! No wonder you get so many orders !

Nadine

Welcome,and we're sure glad to meet you . The bedspread sounds nice and a good idea for releiving stress !

Tab

Doing a little better each day,but yesterday was reakky nasty for some reason . Seemed like everything caught up with me all at once. Hope today is better .

The photos is cute !

Joanne

Hope your week is going well .We miss seeing you post more often but I understand,sometimes life gets in the way . Hope you are doing well .

Mary

Sounds like you are quite pleased with your new hairdo plus you saved money ! Sounds like a good deal then .

Marisa

Sounds like you have a super fun weekend and spending time with friends and family like that ! Sounds like you have such cool parents ! I bet they really appreiated your party .

Marlene

Thanks for stopping in .No worries if you dont have time to post much,just good to hear from you ! Come back in when you have the chance. No pressure .

Well, that's about the best I could do, hope I didnt forget anybody. If I did, it wasnt intentional .

You all have a good day .

Good morning!

Read through all the posts- and need to comment on how much I love that picture of Pyper and Cam, Julie. That's one that should be framed!!!

We ran into a glitch last night so I got home 'early' at 7:30--so we get to try the upgrade tonight again- which means another late night! Oh, joy!

The one positive? I didn't have to drive home in the storms yesterday that passed through. DH had called and said parts of Rt 9 were flooded because the storm came through so fast and furious!

No time to post back individually to everyone so I'll just wish you all a good day.

Hi House!

Judy ~ Your next afghan colors sound perfect for a little boy! I'm glad you got some rain...it seems we all need it this year.

Cindy ~ Have a good day at work. :)

Julie ~ I hope you are starting to get some strength back. :hug How is Cam spending the rest of the summer?

Joanne ~ Oh No! Hopefully, the upgrade will go as planned this time.

Valerie ~ You post really well from your phone. ;) I hope your internet is working soon.

It's supposed to be 102* today and even hotter this weekend. :eek I think I'll go grocery shopping pretty early!

morning, peeps!

I read some last night, and didn't start working with my new clor combos yet. Still mulling over the look I want. Am actually leaning toward a RR again, but not sure.

Boy was I tired last night - too many nights in a row where DH had bad nights and I'm such a light sleeper it affects me. Anywho - fell asleep at 9:30, slept 3 hours, got up tp visit the facilitites, then passed out for another 5 hours! Up to let the dogs out, slept for another 2 hours:eek

I would say I'm"caught up":lol

Just dropping in to say good night. I'm going to go sit outside and crochet while hubby reads. Work for me tomorrow.

I hope your day goes fast!

Marisa - internet still down...still using blackberry. Glad you're home.

BBL!

Good thing you have the BB!!!! Hope the 'net gets back...it's been a long time, hasn't it?

We ran into a glitch last night so I got home 'early' at 7:30--so we get to try the upgrade tonight again- which means another late night! Oh, joy!I hope it goes well:hug

The one positive? I didn't have to drive home in the storms yesterday that passed through. DH had called and said parts of Rt 9 were flooded because the storm came through so fast and furious!

No time to post back individually to everyone so I'll just wish you all a good day.

No flooding here, but it did come darn hard for a bit. More rain expected today.

Off I go to have some breaky....BBL!

It's supposed to be 102* today and even hotter this weekend. :eek I think I'll go grocery shopping pretty early!

Stay cool:hug:hug

Good Morning Ladies.

I am up and already took Elijah for a walk because it beautiful right now, nice and cool. I tried to put air in his stroller tires, but instead I completely deflated them so I had to walk home with flat tires. Leave it up to me to make a situation worse. :lol Now Hubby will have to take it to get air.

Not much going on here other than my tire incident.

Julie~I am glad that each day brings some improvement. I truly hope you find more relief with each passing day. Take care of yourself. REST & RELAX! :hug

Judy~Of course it is going to be used for blackmail.....what mother doesn't have a blackmail picture? Jaden's is adorable.....he already hates it at 10 years old, wonder what he'll do when I show it to his wife in the future. :devil Jaden's is him sitting on his blue's clue's potty seat with his blue's clue's notebook drawing clues. It looks like he's sitting on his thinking chair with his pants around his ankles. :lol

Morning ladies :coffee

Goofy weather...while some are begging for rain, some are getting a lot of rain :rain . It has really cooled down here today, I am so glad. For dinner last night, ended up just going to the grocery store, getting some nice deli meats and cheese, nice rolls...some good soup and some tomatoes and garlic bread. So we just had sandwiches, soup and bruchetta. Was the best thing to do on a sweltering day.........

So glad to hear everyone seems to be feeling better :cheer . My sinus' have a tendency to act up in this warm weather and they have been bugging me a bit...but not too badly.

On the :crocheting front....I finished Aiden's scarf. I was really happy how it turned out. I might work up the same one in baby yarn for Chloe (my 1 yr old granddaughter) for her set so I can have at least two sizes when I publish the pattern. Will have to get some pics ...

Marisa- thanks for the nice intro :) I have a lot of family that lives in Altoona, PA and as a child I remember going there in the summer. They would take us to the "big" city of Pittsburgh to go see a Pirates game. When you are 11 that is a really big deal ! :D I can remember we would be so excited !

Well I have to figure out my day...what I am doing here...I slept in a bit so I am still waking up :morcoffee I think part of my day involves a request for MORE potato salad...obviously it was a hit...... will probably start on Aiden's sweater too.......

Also meant to say...Tab.... hee hee I would have done the same thing, ended up deflating the tires...I am such a FAIL at a simple task like that. Deflated my kids soccer ball once instead of inflating it...they just rolled their eyes and moaned...Mooooommmmm........ :haha

Hello housemates!

Julie - thanks! Hope you are feeling better today! Have you been able to eat Anything yet.

Cindy - hope you have a great day at work!

Marlene - enjoy your day out with hubby. What will you and maya do while hubby is golfing?

Judy - glad you're improving! Did the rain cool you guys off? Was the lavender blanket the "Peek-a-Boo"?

Mary -OMG! Very hot. Did you get much crocheting in last night?

Tab - your boys are adorable!

Laura - I have severe sinus problems as well. Can't wait to see pictures of the scarf!

Marisa - I loved the color. Can't wait to see new color. Rinses are more healthier for your hair.

Off to work on one of the ghans. Have a grat day ALL!!!

Judy ~ Yay for a good night's sleep last night! Gracie is usually the reason for my lack of sleep. :lol

Laura ~ Congratulations on finishing the scarf. :clap Your summer supper sounds yummy! We are getting wonderful local tomatoes and have them with everything...tonight may be BLTs.:)

Valerie ~ Have a great day crocheting.:chook

Marlene ~ I hope you and Maya are having a fun day while Hubby golfs.

I made more Pesto this a.m. I always freeze it in small jars and/or ice cube trays since it doesn't take much of it for most things. Love the smell of basil! Off to crochet for a while...

Judy - glad you're improving! Did the rain cool you guys off? Was the lavender blanket the "Peek-a-Boo"?

The rain did bring the heat down - and the sun hasn't made an appearance all day, either!

Yes, it's the peekaboo pattern....Cindy didn't have an edging for it, so I improvised.:hook

Hi all....

Val - yes ugh on sinus' ...have to take some good pics of scarf. Don't have it in me today...my sinus' are just being enough to bug me but not enough to really complain...

Mary- oooh yes love those summer tomatoes...got some fresh Ontario farm ones...love em !

Well with my energy rating today, I just decided to start on Aiden's sweater. See attatched pic. Took a pic of that since it is WIP so doesn't matter to me how it looks...:lol

Well I got an email from a girl on another blog who does a kind of household type blog where they make soap and can things and such. Anyway, she was talking recently on how to be prepared for a weather related emergency. She emailed me and would like to know if I would post a guest post/article on what it was like to go through :hurricane:stormw Katrina with no power and water for a long period of time. With the 2 billion Katrina stories out there, I can't believe someone wants to hear mine...but sure I will tell her. We improvised a lot on many things from washing your clothes to even making dinner. So she is going to email me some things she would like to hear about and I guess I will write about it. Still can't believe someone wants me to write something for them...

Will say one thing about Katrina...it was a stashbuster. Most of my wool was blocked for life :cry:yarn

post-61967-135897769338_thumb.jpg

Hi all....

Val - yes ugh on sinus' ...have to take some good pics of scarf. Don't have it in me today...my sinus' are just being enough to bug me but not enough to really complain...

Mary- oooh yes love those summer tomatoes...got some fresh Ontario farm ones...love em !

Well with my energy rating today, I just decided to start on Aiden's sweater. See attatched pic. Took a pic of that since it is WIP so doesn't matter to me how it looks...:lol

Well I got an email from a girl on another blog who does a kind of household type blog where they make soap and can things and such. Anyway, she was talking recently on how to be prepared for a weather related emergency. She emailed me and would like to know if I would post a guest post/article on what it was like to go through :hurricane:stormw Katrina with no power and water for a long period of time. With the 2 billion Katrina stories out there, I can't believe someone wants to hear mine...but sure I will tell her. We improvised a lot on many things from washing your clothes to even making dinner. So she is going to email me some things she would like to hear about and I guess I will write about it. Still can't believe someone wants me to write something for them...

Will say one thing about Katrina...it was a stashbuster. Most of my wool was blocked for life :cry:yarn

Nice stitches on that sweater!:cheer

...and I think that's terrific you were asked to write about Katrina:clap

Good.....um......evening ladies :hi

Well, I logged in about 10-10:30 this morning and here I am now :eek And unfortunately for no good reason :blush Well, I had a new patient at 11 who came a bit early, but don't ask what I've been doing since she left :think It did take me a while to put in her info in the computer because she had an extensive history, but otherwise, not bad and was a referral from another patient......my first one that wasn't an immediate family relative to the patient :clap

I went to the gym this morning for the pilates/yoga class and my back was not happy about it :( Too much sitting in the car I think :yes I was supposed to go to an event tonight, but my friend backed out and I'm just not up to going alone tonight. I think it's because it's not in my immediate area :think But next week they are having a speed networking event.....so I'll definitely hit that one up :yes

Mary - WTG with the scarf and fish ghan. I love Pesto too :manyheart

Judy - Glad you got some quality reading time in. I always enjoy doing the RR's :devil

Cindy - How nice to sit outside and crochet, it seems to always be too hot or raining here :( Just had some more storms pass through.

Marlene - I hope your day wasn't too hectic :hug

Julie - I must admit that my parents are awesome!!!! You hit that nail right on the head :lol Hope you're starting to feel better on the mend :hug

Val - Wow, such a pain to not have your internet. I had that issue before and I hated it :hug

Joanne - Well, at least you got out 'early' last night but hopefully you don't pay for it today :xfin

Tab - Sorry to hear about the stroller tires :(

Laura - WTG on the scarf. My sister has season tix to the Pirates (and Steelers) so I get to go to some games too. We have a large group going on Aug 11 and Styx is playing after :) And even better, the park is in walking distance from the house :clap I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job on the Katrina snippet :hug Don't forget to mention the yarn :devil

Archived