Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't know how gratified I am to see that I am the not the only one who starts projects and then they get derailed. This is better than a self help group here...I feel normal again :lol:lol::woo:woo:woo

Hey Strawberry, :strawberr the purse turned out so nice. I know the ugh of frogging..I just had to frog a row (row=150 st) in Aiden's scarf because I was on the wrong row of the pattern. Here comes the big duh part :ohdear - I wrote the danged pattern myself. Yes I had to frog something I wrote myself. :eek

How did you do the letters? Did you have a filet graph for them? Just curious as my son wants a scarf with letters on it and I have to hunt around for some letter graphs............

You don't know how gratified I am to see that I am the not the only one who starts projects and then they get derailed. This is better than a self help group here...I feel normal again :lol:lol::woo:woo:woo

Hey Strawberry, :strawberr the purse turned out so nice. I know the ugh of frogging..I just had to frog a row (row=150 st) in Aiden's scarf because I was on the wrong row of the pattern. Here comes the big duh part :ohdear - I wrote the danged pattern myself. Yes I had to frog something I wrote myself. :eek

How did you do the letters? Did you have a filet graph for them? Just curious as my son wants a scarf with letters on it and I have to hunt around for some letter graphs............

I've been known to make a few graphghans inmy time....and for some designs I use graph paper and make my own letters, etc...

...and use a pencil with a good eraser...LOL!

Hi all,

Another busy day in the house!!!

Welcome, Nadine! Glad to have you! The more the merrier!!!

Forgive me for not doing individuals yet again! It's already almost 7PM and I'm just finishing up dinner. Tomorrow I'm working till about 8:30 PM- going in regular time so it will be a LONG day! But the upside? I'm leaving around 1 on Friday! So it'll be worth it!

I want to go unwind for a bit.

Hi all,

Another busy day in the house!!!

Welcome, Nadine! Glad to have you! The more the merrier!!!

Forgive me for not doing individuals yet again! It's already almost 7PM and I'm just finishing up dinner. Tomorrow I'm working till about 8:30 PM- going in regular time so it will be a LONG day! But the upside? I'm leaving around 1 on Friday! So it'll be worth it!

I want to go unwind for a bit.

rest up, Joanne. Hopefully the Yankee game will help you do that;)

nite all:hug

QUIT ghan!!!:lol:lol Okay, I know its a typo. but it is so exactly what I would do if I ever started a quilt ghan!

:rofl I know I wanna quit and I haven't even started. :P

Morning peeps ! :clap It's so hot and sticky here on the shores of Lake Ontario that I feel like I am back in Baton Rouge again....only bad part is we have no a/c.... :fan we are just renting this house for now because we wanted to take our time to house shop (also to make sure all will go smoothly with immigration and no problems etc)...I am so used to , well it is automatic to have a house with a/c in Louisiana but I forgot that it is not so up north. I think one of our houses I grew up in around Chicago did not have it, but my dad put it in...

Finally finished Aiden's toque and am working on a design I have for a scarf for him. I am borrowing the stitch pattern from a sweater I made...I want to see if it transfers nicely for a scarf. I also got a new pic of Aiden yesterday and as grandmothers know, that just makes your day :manyheart

Valerie- You are a Bama fan? I bleed purple and gold...I am a HUGE LSU fan...LSU did not do so good last year...BAMA on the other hand did great. You have to admire a team that plays so well and they always give LSU a run for their money.

Cindy- I need to visit that part of Ontario...haven't been there yet :( Ontario is soooooooo big..there is a lot to see ! Algonquin is a great place and I would tell anyone in the States visiting to check it out. The wildlife alone is wonderful let alone the vast area that is totally preserved in the wild. I want to go canoeing there sometime too !

Tabitha- I saw that hammock..someone posted it on facebook and I went to the core page to blog on it. I can't IMAGINE doing all that crochet work for $48.00. It is so beautiful. Could not find anything like that in US/Can for $48.

Julie & Judy - so glad to see you both feeling better :D

Marlene- Maya is a great name yes :) Our dog, they named her Maya at the shelter and we liked the name and kept it. We probably wouldn't have changed it anyway because she was a dog who had been through a lot of abuse and she needs a lot of work. She needs some consistency and to know her order in the pack. So we felt keeping her name would be important. Fortunately we love her name ! Maya was in Quebec and they bred the poor dog to death and then left her tied to a dumpster. They didn't have room at the shelter in Quebec nor the funds to do the dental work she needed so she ended up in Toronto. This is life as she has known it so far. Not to get into a :rant , but how the heck can people do that to an animal?????????

Marisa - so nice to meet you. All of you ladies are so awesome...and so fun to hang with :hook

Thanks to all also for blog complements. I try to keep it different and interesting...

Also happy to say that TLC baby yarn does not shrink :lol Made a swatch of a blanket that will be Aiden's christmas present yesterday and washed it and dried it according to directions and OMG it is the same size !!! Amazing....:lol:hook

I could not imagine selling something so awesome for a lousy $48 either. :eek

A picture of the bedspread of roses I made for my best friend in Bama.

Beautiful! :clap

Hi Everyone, I'm Nadine (lovie) and finally able to access the CAL. It's been fun reading past posts, and there are thousands!

Can I just jump in at the end, here? I don't know everyone, but hello to ALL :flower

I just finished a bed spread that I worked on slowly for about two years. I took it slow on purpose. I used it as a sort of comfort blankie :crocheting while going through a tough review at my job. I finished it when my review was done, so it's my "tenure blankie" :manyheart

I don't know if I should put an edge around it, because the colors and texture are an "eye-full" to me. I'll take a pic later and try to upload it...have to learn to do that. I also want to share my summer blouse...

You know what I would like to do better? Account for the weight of the garment when I make it. I follow the pattern and gauge is good, but I always forget how heavy the items can be...so it's hanging more than I would like, and I had to problem-solve with closing up spaces under the armpits to account for the unexpected hang. Know w' I mean?:blush

Anyway, enjoy your day, whatever you're doing! :hug

Hello & welcome Nadine! :welcome

Yay! After several re-do's I finally finished my first bag! It's a small bag I made for my daughter, and I put her initials in them, which happen to be E.H. :-) LOL

Very cute. :cheer

I've been known to make a few graphghans inmy time....and for some designs I use graph paper and make my own letters, etc...

...and use a pencil with a good eraser...LOL!

Yes, I am afraid that is what it will probably come down to...and for me, yes a VERY good eraser :lol

It's so hot and sticky I can't sleep :fan grrrrrr

Joanne - I hope you got to relax...I KNOW you are looking forward to Friday...I don't follow baseball much but I hope your Yankees won....God only knows the Cubs rarely do :lol (my mom was a die hard Cubs fan)

Well had to go to Oshawa for an appt. yesterday...got there early due to a huge miracle, the 401 wasn't crowded..there is a first..:clap So stopped at a big Chapters book store so I could look at all the fantastical crochet books...how disappointing, only one shelf.... what's wrong with these people? :sigh Lots of books on US politics (in Canada no less) and one shelf on crochet...I think they have their priorities mixed up :rofl

Well did manage to pick up the new "Encyclopedia of Crochet" by Donna Kooler. I got so dizzy :spin looking at it with all the stitch patterns and motif patterns and stitches..... and things like thread, lace, tapestry, Tunisian, filet crochet etc...I had to get it. Besides, Brian knew he could never tear it out of my hands once it was in there :rofl hes so sweet... :hug

I am about 1/2 way done with Aiden's scarf...I modified the stitch pattern I was going to use because I wasn't getting the effect I wanted with the stripe in the scarf. The stitches were too tall...so I cut them down to smaller ones and now it does look the way I want it. This is the first scarf I have ever designed on my own...so I hope it ends up looking decent :crocheting

Finally thought I would post a pic of the subject of my crochet...this is my son, Alex and his son (my grandson) Aiden....

:night peeps :manyheart

post-61967-135897769234_thumb.jpg

Julie~How are ya? I hope you are able to eat & regaining your strength. :hug

Marisa~I posted pics a couple days ago of Elijah in the pool. Hmmm......wait a second.....I have one I think ya'll get a kick out of. :devil

That is an adorable picture, Tab!!! Love it!

It's so hot and sticky I can't sleep :fan grrrrrr

Joanne - I hope you got to relax...I KNOW you are looking forward to Friday...I don't follow baseball much but I hope your Yankees won....God only knows the Cubs rarely do :lol (my mom was a die hard Cubs fan)

Well had to go to Oshawa for an appt. yesterday...got there early due to a huge miracle, the 401 wasn't crowded..there is a first..:clap So stopped at a big Chapters book store so I could look at all the fantastical crochet books...how disappointing, only one shelf.... what's wrong with these people? :sigh Lots of books on US politics (in Canada no less) and one shelf on crochet...I think they have their priorities mixed up :rofl Love this comment!! :lol And I agree:lol

Well did manage to pick up the new "Encyclopedia of Crochet" by Donna Kooler. I got so dizzy :spin looking at it with all the stitch patterns and motif patterns and stitches..... and things like thread, lace, tapestry, Tunisian, filet crochet etc...I had to get it. Besides, Brian knew he could never tear it out of my hands once it was in there :rofl hes so sweet... :hugHave fun with your new 'read'!!!

I am about 1/2 way done with Aiden's scarf...I modified the stitch pattern I was going to use because I wasn't getting the effect I wanted with the stripe in the scarf. The stitches were too tall...so I cut them down to smaller ones and now it does look the way I want it. This is the first scarf I have ever designed on my own...so I hope it ends up looking decent :crocheting

Finally thought I would post a pic of the subject of my crochet...this is my son, Alex and his son (my grandson) Aiden....

Nice picture!! Can't wait to see your scarf! I'm sure it will be more than decent!!!

Morning, house!

Julie- I hope you are doing ok!! I think of you often- prayers and hugs!

Linda- Like, Cindy, I miss you around here too. Hope you are settling in nicely and I can't wait to see a post from you!!! It must be nice to have your own place again!

Judy- Nice win by the Yankees- and CC pitched a good game! Today's game is in the afternoon- so enjoy it for me!!

As I mentioned last evening, I will be working late today so probably won't be back 'home in the house' till tomorrow morning!

Hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning. :)

Julie ~ I hope you're feeling better. :manyheart

Strawberry ~ The purse is adorable. Great job!:clap

Laura ~ Can't wait to see your scarf...and way to go on writing your own pattern! Thanks for sharing the picture of your son and grandson.:)

Tabby ~ What a cute picture of Elijah!

Gracie wanted out at 4 this morning - because she saw a possum in the backyard. :ohdear I finally got her back inside, but couldn't go back to sleep. So, I've been transferring more stuff from my old computer...and I may crochet until DH gets up.

'morning peeps!

We're supposed to get a line of storms this afternoon/evening....a cold front coming down from Tabby's neck of the woods I think;)

Joanne, I hope today goes OK :hug And that was a great game!

I invited a friend over for coffee this afternoon....forgetting there was an afternoon game! She'll have to just deal with the TV being on...low volume, as my one and only concession! I've been a fan for 50 years, so I have certain needs:lol

I posted pics a couple days ago of Elijah in the pool. Hmmm......wait a second.....I have one I think ya'll get a kick out of. :devil
are you going to blackmail him with that pic wen he's a teenager?:rofl:rofl:rofl

It's too cute!

Yes, I am afraid that is what it will probably come down to...and for me, yes a VERY good eraser :lol

Good luck!:cheer

It's so hot and sticky I can't sleep :fan grrrrrr Just imagine the nice winter snow coming soon....:c9

Lots of books on US politics (in Canada no less) and one shelf on crochet...I think they have their priorities mixed up :rofl

I'd say!!!!!!!!!!:eek

Well did manage to pick up the new "Encyclopedia of Crochet" by Donna Kooler. I got so dizzy :spin looking at it with all the stitch patterns and motif patterns and stitches..... and things like thread, lace, tapestry, Tunisian, filet crochet etc...I had to get it. Besides, Brian knew he could never tear it out of my hands once it was in there :rofl hes so sweet... :hug

I am about 1/2 way doneI have that book - haven't looked through it in ages....if you get no This is the first scarf I have ever designed on my own...so I hope it ends up looking decent :crocheting

I'm sur eit'll be fine. We're our own worst critics:P

Awwwww...sweet!!!

Gracie wanted out at 4 this morning - because she saw a possum in the backyard. :ohdear I finally got her back inside, but couldn't go back to sleep. So, I've been transferring more stuff from my old computer...and I may crochet until DH gets up.

I always enjoyed my morning time when DH worked in NYC. I could read, do anything, with no interruptions.

Morning folks

Just a quick hello for now. My gosh,my get up and go has got up and left .

WOW,am I exhausted. Know what I did so far ? Got a shower . :yawn:(:yawn

I have been meaning to post this photo for days now, finally getting around to it . It was taken the day Steph dropped Cam at camp and he was showing them around the camp before they left . It's a shot of him and Pyper walking together, her yakking 90 miles an hour,talking with her hands . ( She doesnt have one drop of my DNA,so she must have gotten it by osmosis .)

post-144-135897769243_thumb.jpg

Good morning. We had a little rain earlier, and hopefully we will get more. The only downside to the rain finally coming is that DD and family along with 3 other families are going camping, starting today. Oh well, we desperately need rain.

Julie, hopefully the thyroid replacement meds will start kicking in soon, and you will feel a bit more energetic. Cute picture of Cam and Pyper. Its funny that she is a yakker too. And isn't Cam quite the talker as well?

Joanne, hope you make it through the day without being entirely exhausted. I'm tired just thinking about it!

No big plans for me today. Cleaning and laundry are pretty much caught up.

Hi Judy ~ Of course you should have the game on this afternoon! It's sort of like "love me, love my dog." :lol

Julie ~ The picture is priceless! Pyper looks like she's the tour guide instead of Cam. ;)

Cindy ~ Yay for rain! I hope you get lots more. :yes

I'm off to run errands and get my hair cut. Wish me luck...the girl I've gone to for a long time just quit and I'm taking pot luck this morning. :worried

Have a great morning, everyone. :manyheart

Good Morning. :)

Maya did that the other day because of a skunk. Like I was almost going to let her outside for that one :eek:eek

Morning folks

I have been meaning to post this photo for days now, finally getting around to it . It was taken the day Steph dropped Cam at camp and he was showing them around the camp before they left . It's a shot of him and Pyper walking together, her yakking 90 miles an hour,talking with her hands . ( She doesnt have one drop of my DNA,so she must have gotten it by osmosis .)

I had to take out your yawning part...it was making me yawn :lol I love the pic it is so cute!! OMG the bit with her hands is priceless !!!!

Good morning. We had a little rain earlier, and hopefully we will get more. The only downside to the rain finally coming is that DD and family along with 3 other families are going camping, starting today. Oh well, we desperately need rain.

:rain So do we...I wish we could get some. Every lawn in Ontario is the same color...BROWN (with some yellow)...

I'm off to run errands and get my hair cut. Wish me luck...the girl I've gone to for a long time just quit and I'm taking pot luck this morning. :worried

hmm yes a new hairdresser is always a cause for :worried . I am sure it will turn out ok...if not, well, it does always grow back (hmm though no consolation to us at the time)

Heh Judy you are right...the :snow will fly soon enough ! I was nosing through my new book while eating my honey nut cheerios this morning... :hook If I get bored later, perhaps I will send Chapters an email and express my displeasure at seeing only one row of crochet books :devil. Probably would yield nothing, just like when I complained to wal-mart that their yarn shelves are ALWAYS empty :angry:angry

Well I am just continuing on with my WIP-ing.... I posted some pics of the hat and scarf so far here if you want to see it:

http://offthehookcrochetdesign.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/wip-wednesday-3/

Has a pic of my dog too :hook

So off to more :crocheting for me......... hope you are all having a hmm cool :fan day... :lol

Cindy, you're right about the much-needed rain! According to the weather channels the only place in the country getting it is Houston - and they're innundated!

Jules, I love, love, love that pic of Cam and Pyper - it'

s worthy of being enlarged and framed. They'll get such a kick out of it when they get older.:D

Hi Judy ~ Of course you should have the game on this afternoon! It's sort of like "love me, love my dog." :lol

Yup! And when I have my friends over I don't consider them company - even the paper plates come out and if they need something I'll point out where they can find it:lol

Let us know how the hair appointment goes!

Maya did that the other day because of a skunk. Like I was almost going to let her outside for that one :eek:eek

We've been getting lots of skunk activity lately - when I let the dogs out at night I can often smell it:P I hustle them out and back in very fast!

Heh Judy you are right...the :snow will fly soon enough ! I was nosing through my new book while eating my honey nut cheerios this morning... :hook If I get bored later, perhaps I will send Chapters an email and express my displeasure at seeing only one row of crochet books :devil. Probably would yield nothing, just like when I complained to wal-mart that their yarn shelves are ALWAYS empty :angry:angryAt least you feel better when you vent.:)

Well I am just continuing on with my WIP-ing.... I posted some pics of the hat and scarf so far here if you want to see it:

http://offthehookcrochetdesign.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/wip-wednesday-3/

Has a pic of my dog too :hook

So off to more :crocheting for me......... hope you are all having a hmm cool :fan day... :lol

Very nice work!! And I cracked up laughing when I saw the dog wearing the hat!

Off I go...I think I need to browse in a book store...a yarn store...or both:devil

Oh - I finished the baby ghan using Cindy's pattern. I bordered it with med Purple.... it measures 32 by 38 inches,

post-8552-135897769264_thumb.jpg

Judy, your blanket turned out great!

Laura love the hat. My three year old grandson just requested a John Deere hat. (His other grandpa is a hobby farmer and just got a new tractor) I think he will probably be happy with a bright green and yellow hat. He informed me that an Allis Chalmers (another brand of tractor) hat would be good too. Not sure what color those are, but I assume it would be easy to find out.

Mary, good luck with the haircut. The best cut I've had lately has been at Great Clips. It was the cheapest by far too. Too bad that the same stylist isn't always on duty! there.

Morning housemates!

Thanks for the compliments on the spread.

Laura - I get bored easily as well. This spread is the 2nd one I've made so it wasn't completed quickly. It took a few months because I would do a few roses here and there in between other projects. I did the first one in less than 2 weeks. It was my 3rd project after learning to crochet. I now have soooooo many Wips. Nice picture of your guys!

Nadine - welcome! I'm Val from Bama living in Georgia with my sister and her offspring. I would love to see a picture of your spread.

Mary - hope your new stylist is good!

Strawberry - nice bag.

Joanne - hope the. Long hours are kind to you.

Tab - Nice picture.

Judy I how are you feeling? What a beautiful blanket! Love the color.

Julie - hope you feel better as the day goes on. Awesome picture. I agree with Judy...great picure to blow up and frame.

Cindy - sounds like you can play all day!

Marisa, Marlene and Linda - HELLO!

Have a great day housemates!

Judy ~ Your baby ghan is adorable! :c9 Have fun shopping. :D

Laura ~ Awww, Miss Maya is so cute...she looks like she's trying to be a patient model. :lol Love the hat and scarf! What yarn are you using?

Hi Valerie! Are you going to Alabama tomorrow?

Success! I ended up going to Great Clips and got a wonderful haircut. The girl has been there almost 5 years and even though they don't take appts. you can call and ask for their schedules! Gee, think of the money I'm saving...more yarn for me!

Archived