Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning!

Wow- lots of chatter in here yesterday! Good thing I woke up a little earlier than usual today to catch up!:lol

I had fun with the knitting last night. I was going to attach the knitting smiley and when I clicked on the "more" button, only a blank page came up:think

I didn't take notes, and am only on my first of coffee so will just say to all to stay cool, be well and have a good Tuesday!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all

Val,thanks for the well wishes and I hope you get to go back home this weekend. I know how much you love it there .

Jude

Wow, you ARE flexible , I cant sit on the floor at all anymore. If I did, I'd need to fire guys to come with their big hook,and hook it onto my underpants to pull me back up .

These bum knees kinda ruin the ability to sit on the floor. You can get down,but not back up . Glad you are feeling better .

Hey Tab

Good to see you again. Sure hope the doc gets you to feeling better . I noticed Laura's hammock too and thought it was so pretty .

Joanne

Great that you made it to your craft group and are learning knitting . It is really a nice change once in awhile .

Howdy to everyone else. Gonna be another killer hot one here today -- high 90's .

Have a good day all .

morning, peeps!

Operative words for today: don't exert any energy or the sweat will pour off!:P

Tabby - c'mon...you know you want to make a quitghan...:devilJ

Jules - have you been able to eat anything???

Doggies need their reaky right now...BBL!;)

Hi Ladies,

Julie, Glad the nuclear test is out of the way now. Each day is getting a little bit better for you. Toast or oatmeal might be light on your stomach.

Joanne, Glad you had some Ryan time last weekend. Ryan will love having a bbq grill to cook with his daddy. Glad you got the knitting figured out.

Judy, Glad that the doctor wanted you to see DS instead of getting a shot. Glad each day is getting better for you. Hope DS continues healing to. Happy Belated Birthday to your DH.

Cindy, Glad you enjoy reading my long post. We had rain around us saturday afternoon and evening but only had like Judy said spitting from the clouds. I don't measure for potato salad either. My son called and wanted to know how to make over easy eggs. Thats a hard one to tell over the phone.

Marisa, Congrats to Averie! Bummer to come home and your car was broken into and your sisters email was hacked. Hope they fixed your ac.

Mary, The fish ghan is really cute!

Val, Super 6 ghan orders. Hope you get to have a long weekend in Bama.

Tab, Nice to hear from you. Elijah is adorable and getting big. The friendship ghan looks great. I like it bordered in black to. Hope the doctor can take that pain away.

Strawberry, Welcome! Your ghan is gorgeous! I'm making my GS a lumberjack flannel ghan. The pattern calls for 2 strands but i'm only doing it in 1 strand but the same size squares.

Laura, Welcome! You have a really nice blog. That would be something to see moose in a pool. Paige and the sweater poncho are adorable. Hope all goes smoothly for you so you can get married in august like planned.

When I seen your dogs name is Maya I called are Maya (GD) over and told her about her. We have had 2 labs Heidi was a chocolate lab was a great dog and Roxy was a yellow lab and she was a good dog but she couldn't take Heidi's place. They were different in many ways.

We have 5 grandkids, GS 18, GD 16, they are stepdaughters kids, GS 7, GD 6, they are my sons kids, GD 6 she is my daughters child. We take care of Maya full time in the summer time. We winter in Texas for 3 months.

I was called away yesterday to go pick up some paper work for DS at the friend of court office. And it is an hour away. We all went and took are time getting home. Didn't get back until 7. Noticed a store I have shopped at is closing so we looked around there. No good bargins though. We drove around a lake my grandparents made home for 6 months when they weren't in Florida. It has really grown. Hubby would like to sell are place if we could sell it and move to a lake where we could be there 6 months and Texas 6 months. There isn't anything closer to back home where we could do that. I don't really want to go any further away than we are. I'm really not ready to be away for 6 months.

It's suppose to be really hot today and I need to do at least one load of laundry so I need to get scooting and get that going. Have a good day and try to stay cool everyone!

Thanks everyone for seeing concerned why I was missing. :manyheart

Good morning everyone. Nothing much to report here. I have the day off, and have lots to do. I'm working on laundry at the moment. I need to vacuum, but dd has to work tonight and is sleeping, so that will have to wait.

It is very hot and sticky here. On my days off, I usually get up early so that I can sit outside on the deck for a while and read, but today it was already too hot by the time I got up. (7 AM) I dislike being cooped up inside all the time, but I cannot tolerate the heat for long. I get nauseous and dizzy if I spend too much time in it.

My big project for today is going to be threading my serger. I've done it before, but it takes a lot of doing, and I've totally forgotten how. Hopefully I can find the manual. Usually, when I want to change thread, I just tie new thread onto the old thread ends, and pull the knots through the needless. Unfortunately, i was not paying attention, and one of my cones ran out of thread, so now the entire thing has to be redone. I want to alter some t-shirts. I've only lost about 8 pounds, but a lot of it was around my middle and now the t-shirts are too big. I could buy more, but some of these have barely been worn, and hopefully they won't fit me too long! I've done this before, it's pretty easy to take off an inch or so.

Good morning ladies :hi

Wow, it's been a busy weekend and Saturday's party just ended last night :eek We definitely had an awesome weekend and I'll fill you in tomorrow at some point when I get back to the office. Mom's getting ready to color my hair for me this morning though :yay I didn't even crochet the whole time I've been here, that's how busy we've been and always having people around and entertaining :D I didn't take notes so don't really have individuals prepared but....

Julie - I hope the treatments are working well and the nausea subsides :hug We had 4 cakes in 3 days.....I'll be more specific tomorrow :wink

Judy - They always told us not to work on family because of the emotional connection, it's difficult for a lot of our relatives to take us 'seriously' for that same reason. But you and my mom are exceptions :lol

Strawberry and Laura - :welcome I'll do a better introduction of myself tomorrow.

Cindy - Glad to hear your enjoying work soo much, maybe because you seem to be having less days :think

Marlene - Glad to hear your sil's doctor caught her heart issue :yes I'll definitely send her some prayers and continue some for your ds too, with the ex issues :hug

Mary - How far along are you on your fishy ghan?

Joanne - Did you get to craft club last night? I hope they didn't drive you too crazy at work this week after your vaca.

Tab - Great to 'see' you again! I hope all is going well with Eli and the other kids....any recent pics :devil

Val - Wow, your internet's been out for a while now :eek I hope you have fun with your AAMU ghans :wink

Thoughts and prayers for Linda settling in to her new apt :D

Joanne, glad you figured out the knitting again. I have discovered my knitting goes better if I don't let it slide for too long. really, the only thing that I dislike about knitting is how slowly it goes. I also need to concentrate on it a lot more than on crochet. Hope work goes well for you today.

Val, hope you get to go to "Bama. I know how much you enjoy going there.

Julie, hope each day is better than the day before. I am having knee issues too, so I know what you mean about getting back up off the floor. Sometimes at work, squatting down is unavoidable and one of these days, I'm going to be stuck down there. I'm impressed that Judy can get back up after sitting cross legged on the floor! I'd be so stiff, I'd look like a pretzel.

Linda, hope your settling in is going well, and that you get internet soon. I miss you!

Morning peeps ! :clap It's so hot and sticky here on the shores of Lake Ontario that I feel like I am back in Baton Rouge again....only bad part is we have no a/c.... :fan we are just renting this house for now because we wanted to take our time to house shop (also to make sure all will go smoothly with immigration and no problems etc)...I am so used to , well it is automatic to have a house with a/c in Louisiana but I forgot that it is not so up north. I think one of our houses I grew up in around Chicago did not have it, but my dad put it in...

Finally finished Aiden's toque and am working on a design I have for a scarf for him. I am borrowing the stitch pattern from a sweater I made...I want to see if it transfers nicely for a scarf. I also got a new pic of Aiden yesterday and as grandmothers know, that just makes your day :manyheart

Valerie- You are a Bama fan? I bleed purple and gold...I am a HUGE LSU fan...LSU did not do so good last year...BAMA on the other hand did great. You have to admire a team that plays so well and they always give LSU a run for their money.

Cindy- I need to visit that part of Ontario...haven't been there yet :( Ontario is soooooooo big..there is a lot to see ! Algonquin is a great place and I would tell anyone in the States visiting to check it out. The wildlife alone is wonderful let alone the vast area that is totally preserved in the wild. I want to go canoeing there sometime too !

Tabitha- I saw that hammock..someone posted it on facebook and I went to the core page to blog on it. I can't IMAGINE doing all that crochet work for $48.00. It is so beautiful. Could not find anything like that in US/Can for $48.

Julie & Judy - so glad to see you both feeling better :D

Marlene- Maya is a great name yes :) Our dog, they named her Maya at the shelter and we liked the name and kept it. We probably wouldn't have changed it anyway because she was a dog who had been through a lot of abuse and she needs a lot of work. She needs some consistency and to know her order in the pack. So we felt keeping her name would be important. Fortunately we love her name ! Maya was in Quebec and they bred the poor dog to death and then left her tied to a dumpster. They didn't have room at the shelter in Quebec nor the funds to do the dental work she needed so she ended up in Toronto. This is life as she has known it so far. Not to get into a :rant , but how the heck can people do that to an animal?????????

Marisa - so nice to meet you. All of you ladies are so awesome...and so fun to hang with :hook

Thanks to all also for blog complements. I try to keep it different and interesting...

Also happy to say that TLC baby yarn does not shrink :lol Made a swatch of a blanket that will be Aiden's christmas present yesterday and washed it and dried it according to directions and OMG it is the same size !!! Amazing....:lol:hook

QUIT ghan!!!:lol:lol Okay, I know its a typo. but it is so exactly what I would do if I ever started a quilt ghan!

:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

Good morning housemates!

Tab - I hope you feel better soon. I still have all those saltines I made years ago in the contest we had in here. I love the "quit" ghan.

Joanne - glad you enjoyed Craft club. Hope paradise treats you well today!

Julie - How are you feeling today? My knees hurt off and on. This week it's on...knees and hands are experiencing joint pains. Stay cool and have a great day!

Judy - I agree with your word for the day. Glad you're feeling better!

Marlene - good to hear from you. Where is your hometown? HAve a good day my friend.

Strawberry - what a beautiful afghan!

Cindy - it's hot early as well. Take it easy. Good luck with the serger.

Marisa - we'd gotten the internet back only to lose it again on Saturday. Glad your parent's party weekend was a success. What color are you dying your hair? It was beautiful on the pictures you posted in Florida.

Laura - yes, I'm a die hard BAMA fan. LSU did well, they were #2 and it can't get any better than that unless you are BAMA and #1. I really enjoyed the. Game between the 2 teams. I'm a BAMA girl living in Georgia. I was hoping to move back home this year but it's not to be...maybe next year. I've never married andI share an apartment with my sister, her son, daughter and granddaughter. We have 2 more sisters- 1 still live in Bama and the other is getting ready to move back. Her job sent her here 2 years ago. They sold the company so she's going back home. Visiting Canada is on my bucket list! Have a good day!

Mary and Linda - thinking of you!

Laura - yes, I'm a die hard BAMA fan. LSU did well, they were #2 and it can't get any better than that unless you are BAMA and #1. I really enjoyed the. Game between the 2 teams. I'm a BAMA girl living in Georgia. I was hoping to move back home this year but it's not to be...maybe next year. I've never married andI share an apartment with my sister, her son, daughter and granddaughter. We have 2 more sisters- 1 still live in Bama and the other is getting ready to move back. Her job sent her here 2 years ago. They sold the company so she's going back home. Visiting Canada is on my bucket list! Have a good day!

Any season LSU does not win we consider it a not good season. Yeah thats how spoiled people are in Baton Rouge :D Was a good season for both teams. Where I used to work in BR, on game day you could wear a LSU shirt. My boss came from and went to BAMA and he made a rule that on game day you could wear LSU and BAMA shirt LOL...well no one really in BR would want to be caught in BAMA shirt without fear of reprisal LOL we were the only store in the chain in Baton Rouge with that rule ...

Still in all I like Nick Saban as a coach very much and respect him, despite the fact that his name is a vile word in Baton Rouge. (mostly cause he left LSU after their championship win)

I think BAMA and LSU are the two best teams in the SEC..the teams that must be beat...I know TN and MS and GA ppl will be upset at me saying that but it is true...........

Your bedspread is beautiful !! What a wonderful job you did on it. I would have been so excited to receive that as a present. Great job !!!!:cheer

Val ...forgot to ask you...how did you finish it ?? :lol I mean when I try to do something like that here is what happens:

2010 - decide to make bedspread...start...get bored

start another project, finish. Do more bedspread, get bored

this cycles on to...

2011- OMG must finish bedspread...start again, get bored etc

Long and short takes me about a year to do that just because I am ADHD or something...I have to stop and do something else and go back to it :lol

Hi Everyone, I'm Nadine (lovie) and finally able to access the CAL. It's been fun reading past posts, and there are thousands!

Can I just jump in at the end, here? I don't know everyone, but hello to ALL :flower

I just finished a bed spread that I worked on slowly for about two years. I took it slow on purpose. I used it as a sort of comfort blankie :crocheting while going through a tough review at my job. I finished it when my review was done, so it's my "tenure blankie" :manyheart

I don't know if I should put an edge around it, because the colors and texture are an "eye-full" to me. I'll take a pic later and try to upload it...have to learn to do that. I also want to share my summer blouse...

You know what I would like to do better? Account for the weight of the garment when I make it. I follow the pattern and gauge is good, but I always forget how heavy the items can be...so it's hanging more than I would like, and I had to problem-solve with closing up spaces under the armpits to account for the unexpected hang. Know w' I mean?:blush

Anyway, enjoy your day, whatever you're doing! :hug

Hi Nadine :welcome

I am just about to jump out the door but I saw your post and wanted to say hello !

Weight in garments..hmm yes...I had someone tell me once (and this was not even a garment but an afghan) that they wanted to do the whole thing in bulky yarn and a sc stitch. I said sure you could...but man alive would that thing be heavy and fun to wash :lol I think sometimes you also have to consider the wool weight and the hook size as far as weight and even for draping.

Some patterns I find do not have good shaping and then the whole thing hangs like a drape on you...at times that is ok...at times it is not. Sometimes if I am working a garment kind of free form...like the whole thing from bust down is in the round or something...I change hook sizes and alternate it about 2/3 from bottom for a bit. Like if the pattern says H I might do a I for a row then H then I and back to H. Gives a bit of shaping. Can do the other way too in order to make it smaller.

I don't like things too tight, but I really don't like something that looks like a moo moo on me :lol

Nice to meet you.........I'm out the door................:hook

Hi Nadine, and welcome to the House! We are always happy to see new "faces". And yes, you can jump in at the end, you will soon have us figured out.

Laura, I am a serial project starter. I LOVE to start new projects! I do eventually finish most of what I start, but it can sometimes take me a couple of years. I still have a cross stitch project going that I started when my oldest child was a toddler and she is now 29. Its almost finished, but I can only work on it for short periods of time. My eyes aren't what they used to be!

Val ...forgot to ask you...how did you finish it ?? :lol I mean when I try to do something like that here is what happens:

2010 - decide to make bedspread...start...get bored

start another project, finish. Do more bedspread, get bored

this cycles on to...

2011- OMG must finish bedspread...start again, get bored etc

Long and short takes me about a year to do that just because I am ADHD or something...I have to stop and do something else and go back to it :lol

Boy, are YOU EVER in the right place! I think most of us suffer from that same disease

Nadine - you got here! I see Laura has already been a big help to you...

About the pics....the paper clip thingie at the top of the reply box is how you browse, find your pic, and post it. Very easy these days!

That is a beautiful bed spread!!

And ugh! Im going to have to undo 3 rows of my square for this pouch I am making for my daughter because I was trying to free hand the image graph, and do her initials in the front square, only to realize not only were the letters facing backwards, I had her first and last initial turned around....... I guess I will have to fix it and go from there! lol

That is a beautiful bed spread!!

And ugh! Im going to have to undo 3 rows of my square for this pouch I am making for my daughter because I was trying to free hand the image graph, and do her initials in the front square, only to realize not only were the letters facing backwards, I had her first and last initial turned around....... I guess I will have to fix it and go from there! lol

I hate to tell you how many times I've had to frog rows and rows of graphs for similar issues! Good luck with the rest of it!

Hi everyone! I've been gone most of the day and you all have been very busy. :D

Nadine ~ Welcome from me, too. :waving We're glad you're here!

Valerie ~ The bedspread is stunning! :clap Your work is always wonderful...looking forward to pictures of your current afghans!

Strawberry ~ Frogging is never any fun. :no Your project sounds like it will be really cute when it's finished.:hook

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

Archived