Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH MY, Laura!! I just checked out your blog and see Moose in a kiddie pool!!!!

I saw that, too - what a hoot!

Judy- Where is the rain you spoke of?The "rain" consisted of the clouds spitting on the grass:P It sure IS HOT/HUMID, though! Definitely and indoor day. I ran to the store and picked up Ryan's gift - it's a Little Tikes Backyard Bar-B-Que so he can 'grill' just like his Dad!

Time to make the bed- now that the sheets are nice and clean :-)

That gift sounds perfect!

So what are you guys and gals working on today??? I hope that yall share some pics of stuff you are doing! I love to look at stuff other people make

I'm working on this pattern from Cindy's blog http://gardeners-ramblings.blogspot.com/2008/12/peek-boo-baby-blanket.html

(Gardener on here). I made it wider, but really too wide, which means the blanket will be running lengthwise and be rectangular instead of square. It'll be a great blanket for a crib, though - or to cover an isolette in the NICU I donate to. I'm going to hold onto it though and make another type of blanket for a boy this time. I have a neighbor across the street expecting her third baby in December and I want to be prepared.

I'm using Lilac, from a Caron Pounder. I'll border it in cream, I think.

I'll post a pic when it's done.

We used to have what we called Photo Friday here, and some ladies still post a progress picture, but I like to wait till I'm done. If you have any pics you want to share please join in any time!

Hi all

Judy- I chuckled at how you explained the rain as the clouds spitting on the grass! LOL This afternoon around 4ish it started to rain- but didn't last at all! It's still just humid! Wish we would get some rain- the plants/grass really need a good soaking!

Had a good day and worked on the granny stripe a bit and now I"m going back to the scarf. I pulled out the knitting i had started back in Jan/Feb at craft club and couldn't remember what to do- so I"m bringing that tomorrow with me to CC.

Have a good night everyone!

Joanne, forgetting how to do it as well as losing the rhythm is why I try not to let my knitting slide for too long!

Have fun at CC tomorrow night!

Joanne, forgetting how to do it as well as losing the rhythm is why I try not to let my knitting slide for too long!

Have fun at CC tomorrow night!

I never should have waited so long for sure! I'll have to schedule time to practice! I get carried away with working on a crochet project and then forget to take 20 min or so to knit!

Quick stop in to wish everyone a great day.

Julie- How are you feeling today? Are you able to eat today? Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.

Linda- Can't wait to hear how things are settling in for you!

Cindy- I hope your Monday at work is as good as your Friday was

Marisa- How did the party go?

Val- What afghans are you going to make for your new order?

I sound like 20 questions here, so I'd best get off and get ready.

Hugs to all!

Good morning ladies...pls pass the coffee :morcoffee:)

Thanks so much for the complements on the poncho sweater (and Paige)..the pattern is on ravelry if you query on poncho sweater it will come up. I thought the directions were hard to read but I figured out the jist of it.....

Imanurse - so glad you liked the moose pic! I thought it was funny. Since I never lived in a state where moose resided, this was indeed a new one for me too! I saw my first moose this summer up at Algonquin Prov. Park (Gardener probably knows where this is ;) ) The most beautiful park...a must see in Ontario. They are beautiful animals..but I would not expect them in a kiddie pool LOL

Gardener- what region of Ontario were you from? I am in Cobourg in Northumberland County.

Judianne - I spent 3 wks in the summer in St. Louis once and it was some of the hottest, stickiest weather...just like New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Living on the Mississippi can be a hot time in the summer. Your blanket pattern is so cute...can't wait to see it !

Now to my day yesterday, which went to heck in a handbasket real quick. Our dog, got into a fight with the neighbor dog. Long time coming...both females etc. Neighbor dog got out, wandered into yard. If you know anything about dogs, they are territorial and so here comes the fight. Neighbor and I go running out ...I get the hose to turn on the dogs to stop the fight but the neighbor, in a not so bright move, stuck his hand in there to stop them and got bit by both dogs........he ended up with 7 stitches. Needless to say this put a bit of a damper on the day...... :dog I expect probably animal control will be by for a visit, I think since dog bites get reported at the hospital........... oh well....

I did make it to Michaels though so the day was not a total loss. I am just about done with Aiden's hat and will probably start the scarf today. Hats for kids does not take me long as I have done so many in my lifetime, I could probably do them in my sleep :sleep

Hopefully too I will make some potato salad today that Brian has been begging for :lol along with doing the wash, dishes and other lovely chores that await...

Hope you all are having a great day !

Morning all

Joanne.

The nausea got a little less each day .By yesterday it was just occasional waves of it, but this morning ot seems much better. I have yet to try eating anything though .

Today I can et regular food again,so will definitely try to eat something this morning. I think a banana nut muffin sounds good .

Today was day one of thyroid meds, so hopefully I'll get some power back. I can't think of a time in my life I have ever been SO tired .

Hope your workday goes well .

Laura

wow, it does sound as if your day was quite eventful . What kind of dog do you have ? Most of the ladies in here have dogs I think,so you will have another thing in common . I have never had a dog,but had a cat when I was growing up .

You have lots of interesting things on your blog pages. Nice work . :)

A big shout out to everyone else. Hope all are doing well today .

Will check in later if I get the chance. Gotta try to catch up on things around here that have been neglected lately.

'morning, peeps!!

Jules, take it slow today...and a banana nut muffin sounds yummy!

Joanne, I hope work isn't a bear today:hug

Good morning ladies...pls pass the coffee :morcoffee:)You sound like me first thing in the morning...:lol

Thanks so much for the complements on the poncho sweater (and Paige)..the pattern is on ravelry if you query on poncho sweater it will come up. I thought the directions were hard to read but I figured out the jist of it.....I tried writing a pattern...not nearly as easy as it seems!! Sometimes you do have to guess when working with a new pattern....I feel sorry for newbies at the craft.

Judianne - I spent 3 wks in the summer in St. Louis once and it was some of the hottest, stickiest weather...just like New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Living on the Mississippi can be a hot time in the summer. Your blanket pattern is so cute...can't wait to see it !

When we learned we were going to stay there longer than a year we had a small house built...my first experience with AC being INCLUDED in the house and not an option...tg!:eek

Now to my day yesterday, which went to heck in a handbasket real quick. Our dog, got into a fight with the neighbor dog. Long time coming...both females etc. Neighbor dog got out, wandered into yard. If you know anything about dogs, they are territorial and so here comes the fight. Neighbor and I go running out ...I get the hose to turn on the dogs to stop the fight but the neighbor, in a not so bright move, stuck his hand in there to stop them and got bit by both dogs........he ended up with 7 stitches.

We have 2 GSDs and I can see how territorial our 16 month old is! To the point of biting whatever and whoever is next to her if her "alarm" goes off when someone comes to the door! Your solution was the best one... As long as the dogs have their shots and aren't know as "biters" you should be fine. It was the neighbor's lack of control over her dog that was responsible. Years ago I had a femal mixed breed get past their owner, dash out the door, run across the street and bite my dog - who was leashed and undermy control at the time. We could have made a big stink but they paid for the vet visit needed after we discovered a puncture would in our Susie's chest:(

Needless to say this put a bit of a damper on the day...... :dog I expect probably animal control will be by for a visit, I think since dog bites get reported at the hospital........... oh well....

I did make it to Michaels though so the day was not a total loss. I am just about done with Aiden's hat and will probably start the scarf today. Hats for kids does not take me long as I have done so many in my lifetime, I could probably do them in my sleep :sleep

Hopefully too I will make some potato salad today that Brian has been begging for :lol along with doing the wash, dishes and other lovely chores that await...

Hope you all are having a great day !

I make a great potato salad - my mom's recipe - nothing is measured, though:lol

Have agood day!

CU all later!

Hi House and Happy Monday!

Julie ~ Yay for feeling better and being able to eat again. :manyheart Does Sam know how to make biscuits with sausage gravy? :wink

Laura ~ Welcome! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! All of your projects sound great...with four grandkids, you'll never run out of projects. :lol

Joanne ~ Enjoy your craft club this evening. :knit Sorry that you have to frog part of the shawl, but it's good that you found the mistake!

Strawberry ~ Hi! How is that gorgeous afghan coming along? I mostly make baby 'ghans and scarves to donate. Currently, I'm working on this pattern and love it!

Judy ~ I really like Cindy's afghan pattern! It's been on my "to make" list way too long. :blush Are you seeing DS again today? 'Hope your hip is much better. :manyheart

I hope everyone has a great morning. :)

Hi, Mary - yup, I'm seeing DS this afternoon. My "recovery" time in the morning after getting up is getting quicker each day, so I think he knows what he's doing:lol When you see your son for medical treatment you can't forget you were the one to change his diapers:rofl:rofl:rofl

Taking a break from “choresville” here :lol …the wash is going..dishwasher running…potatoes cooking…omg for ONCE I am on target for the day. Miracle of Miracles. Write it down now, it won’t happen again soon. :eek

Julie- I am glad you are feeling better and feel like you can eat some. Just take it easy…a day at a time. Actually one of the reasons how I got to Canada (before being married) was because I was in a car wreck in Louisiana and hurt my knee pretty bad. To make a long story short I had to have a lot of rehab and surgery… I couldn’t work at this time, and I was so depressed and sick from pain meds and steroids and whatever else they were giving me. (I didn’t even feel like crocheting ! Now then you know something is wrong :eek) So my fiancé came down, packed my duds and hauled me up here. That was just over a year ago and my strength is back in my knee, I don’t need the drugs and I feel so much better. I wholly sympathize with the nausea and tiredness.

Maya (our dog) is a Great Dane/Husky mix. She is not the dog in my avatar, that was Riley who passed on not long ago. I miss him so much I can’t take down his pic with me yet ;) Maya was a rescue dog from the Toronto Humane Society. She looks like a smaller version of Scooby Doo with a wolf shaped face :lol

Thanks for visiting my blog…I try to keep it interesting :hook

Judy- Hey I make my mom’s potato salad too…and that is how I make it..nothing exact, just add and taste. I know what you mean about ac in St. Louis, I would not dream of not having it in Louisiana. After Katrina we lost our power for 6 weeks in AUGUST…can I tell you that I care not to do that ever again. OMG were we hot with no a/c. You are right about the dog business too…I still can’t believe he stuck his hand in between two fighting dogs…that is such a NO ;) but it is his fault for not controlling his FiFi (yes the dog is named FiFi…it’s a laberdoodle)

Mary- Hi good to meet you…and yes I never run out of projects with the gr-kids…kids too for that matter..they still ask for scarves and blankets etc (I have 6 kids and will have another daughter when I get married)

Hi to everyone else !!! I’m off to fold laundry………and finish the potato salad...and then its down to :crocheting

Hi folks

Back again to post a short reply to the ones who posted earlier (so I dont get behind).

Well, it seems that I THOUGHT I was hungry, til I ATE ,then found out I should have started with something less like a small piece of toast or some such thing . YEK. Nothing tastes good yet .

Jude

Good to hear you see some slight improvement !

Mary

Sam can pretty much handle anything here that needs done, other than cook,but he did manage to make a few easy things this weekend with my instruction. It's weird after you have cooked so long, it's really hard to EXPLAIN how to make something . Easier to do it yourself .

Laura

Thank you for the well-wishes. I had my knee replaced back a couple years ago,so I know about all the rehab,etc. It's quite a battle . That was good of your fiance to come get you and now you are so much happier again .

Sadly, I can't crochet much at all anymore. I try now and then,but I have really badly -controlled asthma and yarn absolutely doesn't get along well with my breathing, so I'm mostly in here just to hang out. I don't get much done at all in the way of crafting . I'm glad you are able to do it though. I miss it a lot .

Well, time to take a snooze. See you all later .

Hi Ladies,

Sorry i've been missing in action a lot of things been going on and something unexpected. I told you about DH's sister I think. She has been having the same chest pains as him and went to the doctor and went through the test and found out she has a hiatal hernia to. Since there Mom, another sister and DH have a hiatal hernia she said start there not with her heart like they like to. Friday morning her DH left for work and she started getting one of her chest pains so she called him and told him to stay on the phone with her for awhile. The pain got much worse and she called 911. It turns out friday the 13th was a lucky day for her. The hospital called a heart doctor and he said skip the stress test and do a heart cath (hers was done in her arm, new way to me) she had 90% blockage in her main artery. We dropped Maya off at hubbys brothers as they were on there way here and had there little gd with them. We went to the hospital. The doctor was an 1 1/2 hours later than what he scheduled for but he fixed her right up. They were stunned to know all her blood levels have been okay. She had on idea she wasn't feeling good other than the pain she thought was from the hernia. She has to quit smoking so I hope she does. The first thing I wanted to do was come in here and ask for prayers but my phone kept ringing, we had lots of company coming and I had to cancel them. Then we had a 3 hour drive.

On the funner part of the week. Wednesday I took Maya to the library and it was dance day. They had a dj and the kids had lots of fun. We picked up some more books.

Thursday hubby golfed and Maya and I toured around town. I showed all the place her Mommy and us lived at while they were growing up. She had asked me where we use to live.

Saturday are friday company came up. BIL, sil, there gd, my nephew, his gf, nephews friend (he's part of the family), his daughter, my great niece who is visiting from Alabama and DD. All but the three from bil spent the night. We had garage sales going on around the lake so Maya and I went to them before everyone got here. In the evening we had fireworks on the lake. We had a fire truck here just in case. Don't know how they managed that. Must be who you know. We had a bonfire even in this heat, with smores. It was a lot of fun but a lot of work for me. Since it's been so long I had forgotten just how much work it was. Worth it though. Memories were made. My nephew use to come all the time when he was growing up (when we first bought the lake) until his Mom and SD got a divorce. He was in the army for 10 years so it has been a long time. He is hoping things work out so he can come back next weekend to.

Remember we got the pontoon running while hubby and I pushed it in the water. The pontoons filled up with water. So there it sat until saturday. It took 5 guys and are suv to haul it out. There are plugs on the bottom of the pontoons and they deteriorated after sitting for 2 1/2 years. They fixed it put it back in the water and all was fine again until yesterday afternoon it quit on my nephew and his friend. Were hoping it just going to be a simple fix of replacing the sparkplugs. So no ride for me yet.

It's going to be a very hot week here. Suppose to be 100 tomorrow!

I need to get some work done here. I'll be back later and do individual posts. Have a cool but lovely day!

Marlene, it's good to hear from you! Wow, way too much going on in your life and around you! Good thing your SIL had a smart doctor!:eek

Take care of YOU when you can!:hug

Alright....checklist for the day...wash done, check. Dishes done, check. Potato salad done, check. Posted something on my blog, check. TIME TO CROCHET...YES :):crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:hook:hook:hook

Ahhh yes the happy time of day...when the hooks and yarn come out..... :manyheart

Marlene - nice to meet you and glad SIL is ok. Can relate to the pontoon thing...used to have a pontoon boat and guess what... :eek same thing happened...

Julie- yessss my fiance is the best :manyheart Hope you are resting up girl!

Now off to the fun time of the day....my baby will be home soon (thankfully he is on day shift this week) and I am getting out the hooks and yarn ! :yarn:yay

Gardener- what region of Ontario were you from? I am in Cobourg in Northumberland County.

I'm from southwestern Ontario, near Chatham.

Its been years since I visited Algonquin prov. park.but I remember it as a gorgeous place. My son and a bunch of his friends went canoeing up there a few years ago, and enjoyed it very much.

Hi, Mary - yup, I'm seeing DS this afternoon. My "recovery" time in the morning after getting up is getting quicker each day, so I think he knows what he's doing:lol When you see your son for medical treatment you can't forget you were the one to change his diapers:rofl:rofl:rofl

:lol An old friend of mine says the same thing...her son is an internist but she goes to his partner. :lol

Aww, Julie ~ I'm sorry about the food thing. :hug Can the doctor give you anything for nausea?

Laura ~ Your Maya sounds like a wonderful pet! We have a Cairn Terrier named Gracie and a rescue cat, Zoe. I'm about caught up, too and then it's crochet time. :hook

Marlene ~ I hope your sister-in-law continues to improve. :) Stay cool and take care of yourself. :manyheart

Hi Cindy!

Marlene, good to hear from you. I was starting to worry. Glad things turned out okay for sil, and hopefully she quits smoking and things continue to go well.

Julie, glad you are feeling better. Hopefully food will taste better as time goes on. Glad Sam is doing such a good job around the house.

Judy, it sounds like ds really knows what he is doing. Hopefully you will soon be painfree. BTW, I'm flattered to hear that you are using my afghan pattern.:blush

Judy and Laura, I make my mom's potato salad too, no measuring, just add and taste. Same with my coleslaw. DD wanted the recipe, I had to tell her that we would have to make it together sometime and measure stuff as I threw it in.

And I was once a foolish dog owner. My two dogs got into it years ago, we had two little dogs and they got into a fight. Without thinking, I got in the middle of them. I ended up with two black eyes. They didn't bite me, but one of them jumped up and hit me in the nose. I learned a valuable lesson from that. And actually the dogs felt so bad about hitting me, that they quit fighting.

I went to work this morning, but both my patients got to leave the ICU, so I went home early. I ought to do some vacuuming and clean the kitchen, but I don't feel too ambitious. I think I'll sit around and work on my afghan for a while first.

My gosh Marlene

No wonder we havent seen you in a few days ! What a lot of stuff going on all at once.

Great news on your SIL getting the doc in there to help her out in time !

Your picnic and fire sounds like such a good time, and yes, those times are definitely worth it, Those memories will last a lifetime.

Sure hope you can get your boat repaired so you get to use it before summer is over . It's going so fast,isnt it ?

Laura

Sounds like you put in a good day's work and can now do the fun stuff . Good for you !

Cindy

You must be such a good nurse that your patients get better faster and you can come home earlier . That's always nice when someone leaves the ICU to move to a regular room. Such a relief that they made it past the scarey part .

Mary

I have nausea pills that I use when I get migraines. I've ben taking them as allowed -- they help somewhat . I think as the days go by ,this will get a little less noticeable each day. That's how it has seemed to go so far .

It's kinda stupid sounding,because you get really hungry since you havent eaten much for so many days,but then when you eat, you dont feel so well,so I think I need to eat just a little at a time,then wait awhile .

Maybe tomorrow will be better .

Well, guys I'm heading off for the night. Sam will be home soon ,so it's about suppertime and of course he has to have his normal evening YAK. ( I talk, he pretends to listen. )

See you all tomorrow sometime .

Hello Housemates!

Welcome Laura and Strawberry!

I started taking notes on Saturday but lost internet before I could post. It's too much to do individual on the Blackberry. Still waiting for internet.

Julie & Judy - glad you're improving.

Hugs to all who need them.

I'm working on one of college ghans AAMU. The colors are maroon and white. Ihav to do 2 for this school.

Yesterday I went to church and spent time with my aunt.

Presently, I'm cleaning my work table so I can get back to crocheting.

I might be doing a weekend trip to Bama on Thursday!

BBL!!

Judy, it sounds like ds really knows what he is doing. Hopefully you will soon be painfree. BTW, I'm flattered to hear that you are using my afghan pattern.:blush

I just knew your pattern was the perfect one to use with the lilac color:c9

Judy and Laura, I make my mom's potato salad too, no measuring, just add and taste. Same with my coleslaw. DD wanted the recipe, I had to tell her that we would have to make it together sometime and measure stuff as I threw it in.That's what I told someone once when they asked me for the recipe:lol

And I was once a foolish dog owner. My two dogs got into it years ago, we had two little dogs and they got into a fight. Without thinking, I got in the middle of them. I ended up with two black eyes. They didn't bite me, but one of them jumped up and hit me in the nose. I learned a valuable lesson from that. And actually the dogs felt so bad about hitting me, that they quit fighting.

They do get that way - once, when Sparkie was an overgrown puppy, I was walking him and he turned around to look at someone. I wasn't paying attention and I tripped over his feet...as I sat there on the sidewalk he was ALL over me with concern!

I went to work this morning, but both my patients got to leave the ICU, so I went home early. I ought to do some vacuuming and clean the kitchen, but I don't feel too ambitious. I think I'll sit around and work on my afghan for a while first.

Afghan time sounds perfect!

My treatment with DS went well, and he said if I avoid the trigger that caused the bursitis (was sitting yoga fashion on the floor:P - I'm very flexible) it may never recur.:D

So far each morning has been a little better than the previous one.:)

Have a great night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Julie & Judy - glad you're improving.

Hugs to all who need them.

I'm working on one of college ghans AAMU. The colors are maroon and white. Ihav to do 2 for this school.

Yesterday I went to church and spent time with my aunt.

Presently, I'm cleaning my work table so I can get back to crocheting.

I might be doing a weekend trip to Bama on Thursday!

BBL!!

I hope you get to go to Bama!:hug

Howdy ladies!

Welcome Laura! :) I love the crocheted hammock pic on your blog.....I just had to add that to my Crocheter's Heaven board on pinterest. :manyheart And the moose in a pool is way too cute.....we have wanted to move for the last couple years & Canada is one of the top choices. ;)

Julie~I hope you are making a speedy recovery my friend. :hug

Not much going on here today.....mostly laying around due to not feeling well. I haven't started another crochet project, but there is definitely one on the horizon.....I wanted to start a chevron ghan, but Hubby wants me to make a quilt ghan (saltines :eek).

Well, off to my school work before bed.....see ya'll tomorrow. Have a good evening. :ghug

Archived