Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning housemates!

Joanne - Sorry you didn't get to see Ryan. Well, it's only 1 more day before you get to see him. I hope Paradise is easy on you today!

Marisa - I'm sorry that you lost your GPS.:hug I was glad to hear from you!

Julie - Take it easy so you'll be rested up for tomorrow! Still praying for you.

Mary - Your fishy strip is soooo cute.

Judy - Hope the shot gets rid of the pain.:hug

Cindy - It's sweet you get to enjoy your two girls and the grand boys. Don't do too much...remember your back. Enjoy your family!

We've had thunderstorms again and our temp is staying in the 80s...:cheer:clap. Only problem is sooo many fallen trees.

I awoke with a migraine today. It is easy up some but still there.

Have a good day housemates.

BBL.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Joanne - cut and past alert!

I got to bed late last night and then turned my alarm off this morning and missed the class I like at the gym :( But, did get 2 loads of laundry done. Boiled potatoes last night for the potato salad that I need to finish tonight and I'm making the baked beans tonight. Both will be better on Saturday with some time to sit and absorb flavors :yes

I think we'll be leaving late morning tomorrow. My sister has errands to run, if it was up to meet, I'd be out by 6:30ish :shrug At least I'll have company though :bounce

Cindy - Did dd get the camper all cleaned up? I always tell my patients not to stop the exercises I give them when they're feeling better :wink

Judy - Here's hoping the cortisone helps :hug

Mary - Very cute start to the fish ghan :manyheart

Joanne - Hope your day is going well, only one more before the weekend :yay

Julie - Sending you positive thoughts and strength for tomorrow :hug:ghug

Val - Sorry to hear about your migraine :( I hope all the fallen trees are not causing any harm.

Hello peeps! :)

I am SO very sorry about my drop out (I think it has been forever). I have been fighting fatigue and pain. I think the pain is due to my tubal, ick.....I made an appt. for next week.

Anywhoo, I finally finished crocheting borders on my friendship squares and finished the friendship ghan. YaY! The baby kinda stole it even before it was finished.....he kept staring and grabbing at it. (Picture below)

Other then that I have been burying myself in books, school, and baby love. I finished several books since being in here last. What else? :think Not much, I am a boring person.

Again I am SO sorry for being such a horrible friend....I really will try harder.

Julie~I am sorry you are not able to eat much, but I am glad you are getting this stuff taken care of now. I hope everything goes as well as it can tomorrow. Sorry I wasn't there to yak at Sam, but I haven't been much of a yakker lately. Elijah is almost 6 months and he is getting big too fast. Take care my friend. :hug

The pictures of Eli were taken July 5th during his first swim in the the big pool. :manyheart

post-5371-135897768283_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897768287_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897768289_thumb.jpg

Tab, Elijah is getting so big! What a cutie he is.:c9 Hope the dr. can figure out your pain, and get you fixed up. I really like your friendship ghan with the wide black borders. I have mine nearly finished, (its been that way for a year) but I used white to border, because the black looked too harsh with some of the light colored squares. I prefer the black. (and you are not a horrible friend, we know those 5 boys keep you busy!)

Val, sure hope your migraine is gone by now.:manyheart

Marisa, its good to hear from you again. I know I need to do those exercises faithfully. It's just that I am so good at excuses!:devil

Yes, DD has the camper all clean and shiny!

Well, I'm impressed with my conservative doctor.:) Since the PT that DS used with me the other day had a good effect, this doc wants me to continue it for 2 to 3 weeks and see how it goes. No cortisone, yet, anyway, since the pain does dissipate after about a few hours.:D

I am SO very sorry about my drop out (I think it has been forever). I have been fighting fatigue and pain. I think the pain is due to my tubal, ick.....I made an appt. for next week.

Anywhoo, I finally finished crocheting borders on my friendship squares and finished the friendship ghan. YaY! The baby kinda stole it even before it was finished.....he kept staring and grabbing at it. (Picture below)

Other then that I have been burying myself in books, school, and baby love. I finished several books since being in here last. What else? :think Not much, I am a boring person.

Again I am SO sorry for being such a horrible friend....I really will try harder.

The pictures of Eli were taken July 5th during his first swim in the the big pool. :manyheart

Love the deep border on the ghan!!!!:clap And the little guy is growing soooo fast.

Feel better, kiddo - you need to get that pain diagnosed and gotten rid of!

Hi House. :) Thanks to all for the compliments on the fish 'ghan. :manyheart DD and Luke came over yesterday afternoon and we discovered that the strip makes the perfect toddler scarf!

Oh, that must have been so cute!:lol

Jules, sleep tight...and don't forget to let Sam do whatever he can to help you out....you guys are both loved...:manyheart

Have a good nighteveryone else...:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

Good to hear from you Tab!!! I can't imagine doing schoolwork plus raising 5 boys, with one being an infant! Totally understood that you haven't been around- but so glad you popped in! Love the pics of Eli!! The one looks like he is blowing bubbles is so cute!!! I also bordered my friendship ghan in black- your's looks great!!!!!

Cindy- Hope you didn't overdo it today- and listen to Dr. Marisa- do your exercises for your back!!!

Judy- Hope that the exercises do the trick- and that the humidity that is creeping in doesn't aggravate things!!!

Julie- Positive thoughts and prayers for tomorrow!!

Marisa- Safe travels tomorrow- and you are like me- I like to get an early start when I'm going somewhere- that way I get there and still have a good part of the day left!!! Have a ball and wish your folks happy anniversary from one of your NJ friends!

Didn't get home till after 7 tonight- but tomorrow is Friday--!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Happy Friday!

Good luck today, Julie!! Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way with lots of gentle hugs, too!!!

Safe travels, Marisa- Hope you have a great time at your parents party- I am sure they are very excited and so appreciative!!!!

Judy- Hope you woke up today with a little less pain!!

Linda- Thinking of you as you get settled into your new digs!!!

Val, Cindy, Mary, Marlene, and EVERYONE---make it a good day!!!

Morning peeps,

Jules, I'm with you in spirit sweetie.

Joanne, at least I can sleep with this thing. Getting up an trying to start my day could be better.

But it could be worse!

Seeing DS for a treatment later on. He gets around very well with his boot and it seems to be helping him. We're quite a pair...lol!

Hi House. Thank you again for the compliments.:manyheart I started the next strip last night and it's going faster now that the pattern is sinking in. :)

Julie ~ Thinking of you and hoping today goes smoothly. :hug

Tabby ~ Eli is adorable...love the picture of him blowing bubbles. :lol Your friendship 'ghan is gorgeous! I hope your doctor can figure out what's causing the pain. :hug

Judy ~ I'm glad you're able to see DS today! Feel better soon. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Have a wonderful time this weekend. Happy Anniversary to your parents. :)

Oops...hit the wrong button. :D

Valerie ~ I hope the migraine is much better today. Are you all packing yet? I can't remember when you said you're moving. :think

Linda ~ Can't wait to hear about everything!

Hi to anyone I've missed. Luke will be here this weekend, so I need to make sure I'm caught up around here. Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Howdy folks. Thanks for the kind support and comments ladies. :) Unfortunately the Dr.'s office called me this morning and pushed my appointment further out, so I guess I will just continue to take a ton of ibuprofen so it can rot my kidneys.....sense the sarcasm? :devil

Julie~I will be thinking of you today.....good luck. :hug

I hope all of you have a fabulous day and stay cool. :ghug

Howdy folks. Thanks for the kind support and comments ladies. :) Unfortunately the Dr.'s office called me this morning and pushed my appointment further out, so I guess I will just continue to take a ton of ibuprofen so it can rot my kidneys.....sense the sarcasm? :devil
Oh, that stinks!:angry

Hi to anyone I've missed. Luke will be here this weekend, so I need to make sure I'm caught up around here. Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart
Enjoy being with the Little Guy!:clap:c9

Judy ~ I'm glad you're able to see DS today! Feel better soon. :manyheart

DS worked his magic and I'm doing ok. Tomorrow morning will be the test, as usual, but I'm thinking it'll just take time for the situation to diappear and I have to be patient. I see him again on Monday.

Joanne...Yankees are finally playing!:clap:cheer:clap

Have a good night everyone....and Jules, we're all thinking about you:hug

Hi everyone. I had such a great day at work today, I so enjoyed my patients and their families that I was sorry to see the day end. One of my patients will be out of the ICU by the time I return on Monday, but the other one will be there for a while yet.

Julie, just want you to know that you were in my thoughts today.

Joanne, so glad for your sake that it is the weekend.

Judy, fingers crossed that today's treatment did some noticeable good, and that getting up tomorrow morning is better than it has been.

Tab, sorry that the doctor postponed your appointment.

Mary, have fun with Luke.

Is there any particular theme to this "CAL" ?? Or just any old project?

Just any old project, plus lots of chit chat. ( I tend to flit from project to project, since I have a short attention span) We'd love to have you join us!

Just getting a chance to check in. Migraine is gone. Thanks for the well wishes!

Julie - Hope all is well!

Marisa - Safe travels and have a great weekend with your family!

Will answer posts on tomorrow.

I got 3 more afghan orders...total of 6. I started working on one of them today!

Good morning!

Val- Your hook is going to be on fire with orders for 6 afghans!!! Glad to hear that the migraine is over!!! No time for migraines with all those orders!

Judy- What a game last night!!! Nice win! Hopefully you wake up feeling a little better and that DS's treatments help out!!!

Cindy- How nice to have a good day at work. Nice way to start the weekend!

Mary- Have fun with Luke this weekend!

Strawberrycrochet- welcome to "our house". Mostly we do lots of chatting, and we work on projects but not necessarily the same ones! LOL. I'm a nurse, and I have 3 adult DD's and one wonderful son-in-law and cute grandson! I work full time at 'paradise" and crochet to de-stress from work!

Julie- Thinking of you!!!

Linda- hope all is going well and that you having fun setting up your new home!!!

Marlene- How's things in your neck of the woods?

Tab- Sorry that the doc re-scheduled your appt!!!

Off to begin the Sat routine, plus I need to go and get my car inspected this morning!

Hugs to all!

Good Morning, House. :)

Valerie ~ Congratulations on 3 more orders! I can picture you covered up by a mountain of yarn. :wink:D

Cindy ~ It must be so rewarding to do what you do. :manyheart I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. :)

Judy ~ I hope your hip is much better today!:xfin

Hi to everyone at the House! I need to do some extra watering early...Luke will be here about 8. Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

We made it in to my parents yesterday by about 4. It rained most of the trip and we only hit construction for a piece at the end, which wasn't too bad.

We're trying to figure out what we're doing today. Thank you all for your wishes for my safe travel and for my parents, I will pass them on.

You are not a horrible friend!!!! Life keeps you busy and we certainly don't mind you dropping in as you can. Elijah is absolutely adorable :manyheart I hope your back eases up for you :hug

Marisa, its good to hear from you again. I know I need to do those exercises faithfully. It's just that I am so good at excuses!:devil

Yes, DD has the camper all clean and shiny!

:lol I'm the same way!

As others have already mentioned. We all kinda work on our own thing, although sometimes a few of us will band together on something. At the same time, this is a group of very crafty ladies and often there are several other types of projects being worked on outside of crochet :yes

Just getting a chance to check in. Migraine is gone. Thanks for the well wishes!

I got 3 more afghan orders...total of 6. I started working on one of them today!

Glad to hear that your migraine is gone :hug WTG on all your orders, you better get a move on it! My bama ghan is coming super slowly :shrug:lol

'morning, peeps!:hug

Oh! The second afghan strip is finished. It's "join as you go" so I hope to see how that works while Luke naps later.:hook
Good luck with it - I've always been hesitant to try JAG...

Judy ~ I hope your hip is much better today!:xfin

Thanks...I noticed a tinge of an improvement this morning...the ice pack went on right away, too. My problem is because of favoring that side I'm starting to mess up other parts.

DS, with his walking boot, has been having similar problems. He's still working with the ortho doc and hoping the tightness he feels means the tendon is knitting itself together....

Hi to everyone at the House! I need to do some extra watering early...Luke will be here about 8. Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Have a wonderful time with Luke! Do you have him all day or for the entire weekend? I forget:think

Judy- What a game last night!!! Nice win!Amazing win!!! I was so happy for Martin!! Hopefully you wake up feeling a little better and that DS's treatments help out!!!

Thanks.:hug I posted about it in the above post to Mary...Waking up is fine...it's moving for the forst hour+ that's a bear.:P

Off to begin the Sat routine, plus I need to go and get my car inspected this morning!

Hugs to all!

Have a great day, Joanne - hope the car inspection goes wel! My 5 yo Matrix just passed the emissions test!:D

That's fantastic news:clap:hug

Even for me....:faint

Welcome!! We

ve evolved into a "whatever feels good" CAL:lol. We try and encorage each other to finish projects... or tempt each other with new projects:devil Are you working on anything special right now?

Hi everyone. I had such a great day at work today, I so enjoyed my patients and their families that I was sorry to see the day end.Wow....I haven't heard you talk about work like that in...I can't remember when! Thats' wonderful. It makes all your hard work and stress worth it!!:clap One of my patients will be out of the ICU by the time I return on Monday, but the other one will be there for a while yet.

Judy, fingers crossed that today's treatment did some noticeable good, and that getting up tomorrow morning is better than it has been.

DS did more stretching of the affected leg and I responded well yesterday - and today seems a bit better. Thanks for asking...

Today is DH's birthday:c9 I never had trouble remembering the date since right before we met I had studied French for 4 years and today's date is also Bastille Day:lol

We - including DS and GF - are going to this place for dinner. Way out of the norm for us

http://www.pierosrestaurant.com/

HAve a great day everyone!

Hi all

Quick stop in .

Hadd the nuclear-radioactive iodine,whatever it's called yesterday .

They put the nuclear medicine doc on the phone with me before doing it. He told me to stay on this same diet til Monday. You need 72 hours with no iodine in your body so the medicine targets any of the remaining cancer cells . Plus he said not to start the thyroid pill till Monday either .

He said most people dont have any problems taking this treatment,but if you have stomach problems ,it may bother them.

Let's just put it this way : An hour after taking the pill, the insides of my mouth and throat feel like I mixed some motor oil in with some hand lotion and guzzled it . REALLY gross.

Worst nausea I've ever had. So even if I WAS allowed to eat, I wouldnt want anything ..

Hopefully each day it will get less since the medicine will get removed from my body eventually .

Hope everyone else is well.

Jude

Sure hope your treatments between your son and your other doc, and maybe some rehab type exercises might do the trick. Do you swim ? I've heard that swim therapy is easier for people with arthritis and such .

Marisa

Have a good time at the party . Tell us all about it .

Joanne

enjoy your weekend off ,hope you get to see Ryan . Cam gets home from camp today,but I'll just get to call him,not see him til next week one day .

Mary

Hope you have fun with Luke-- he is such a sweetheart .

Marlen

Hope all is ok with you. Dont remember seeing a post for a few days ,but maybe i'm not paying good attention, or maybe you hade some things to do .

Linda

Hope you will soon be situated in your new place and have everything put away,so you can sit down and take a rest and enjoy your new place .

Tab

Elijah is beautiful . Hope the doc can figure out what is ailing you and get you on the mend.

Cindy

whatcha got up for the weekend ?

Val

Wow, your orders are pouring in ! You'll have lots of afghans to get done now ! Hope your headaches stop-them things are awful.

Strawberry

Welcome in -- we really dont do many group projects just in here any longer. Everyone works on whatever they want,but lots of them join up in the other Along groups ,too ,if they see something that catches their eye . You're very welcome to hang out in here . It's a friendly group of ladies .

If I missed anyone, very sorry ! You all enjoy your weekend .

Archived