Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:mdust:2magic:mdustHappy 4th of July!!!!:mdust:2magic:mdust

Hi all. Hope you all have a wonderful day. I've been hiding out downstairs. We had thunderstorms last night and some light rain, but not much total. John is running errands again and I'm with Kim. Have a great day! :manyheart

hello everyone. Happy 4th of July!

I had a great day at work today, and am now off for the rest of the week. It is super hot here, still 100 degrees and its after 6 PM. It is only supposed to drop to the high 80's tonight. We are not going to any fireworks, (too hot for us), and even dd says its too hot. we are planning to sit here in the air conditioning! I sort of think they should cancel fireworks as it is so hot. I can imagine the frayed tempers and the people collapsing from the heat. The fireworks are held downtown and it is a sea of concrete and tall buildings, like any other large city. It's awfully dry here as well, so there has to be a fire hazard involved as well.

I am just grateful that so far we have at least missed the awful storms that have hit so many other areas. Ds says that Detroit had some heavy storms yesterday and one of his co-workers home was hit by lightening. The house did not catch on fire, but the entire electrical system is not working. Having said that though...we could really use some rain. It's unbelievable dry here. We water our grass, but even with watering, its turning brown and we haven't had to mow in several weeks. (the weeds are still growing though!)

Judy's petunias look so pretty, but my flowers are pathetic, even with twice a day watering. It's just too hot and dry for them.

Hi House! I hope everyone has had a good day.

Judy ~ Your petunias are gorgeous! I love them, but we treat them like "late winter/early spring" flowers because we get hot so early.

Linda ~ Less than a week to go...and then you'll be looking at all those boxes. :lol Just kidding - I know how much fun it is to unpack things that you haven't used in a long while. :manyheart

Cindy ~ You have higher temps than we do today! We've only been in the mid-90s for a few days. ;) I'm glad you have a few days off now.

Valerie ~ That is so cool that you get "take out" from Alabama! I bet it was yummy. :)

Marlene ~ I hope you're having a wonderful time with family. :yes

Hi to Joanne and the rest of the House!

Our 4th was a bit different for us. I went shopping all morning and DH was here washing windows. :lol My dad's birthday is Friday and we're having a party at my sister's lake house on Saturday, so I needed to get his gift. I need clothes, but only ended up with two tops. Then on to Joann's...finding yarn is much easier than clothes. :hook

My new computer is supposed to be here tomorrow. :cheer Fed Ex actually called this morning to remind us that they will need a signature!

Judy - Beautiful flowers.

Mary - I know you must be excited about getting a new computer. I need one too. I'll have to wait a while though.

Linda - Has your anticipation started growing?

Joanne - good to hear from you! Have fun!!!

My sister, Bonnie, gave us enough food for several meals. We sat around for about an hour before we each headed back to our homes. She didn't want to leave us. Family is wonderful!

Have a good night housemates!

Morning folks

Just a quick wake up call . Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday and an equally good one today . Man, I dont know how much higher our temps can get here ,Each day this week ,they have gotten higher . At least we have gotten a couple of quick thunderstorms move in to get a little rain.

It's thundering this morning,too,so maybe we'll get a bit more .

Not much new in our lives. Same old stuff Iguess .

Linda

So glad you are having some "take it easy " days here at the end of your current job . You deserve them after so many hectic ones .

Cindy

I agree on the fireworks, I was wondering that last night, how many people had to be carted off by ambulance for heat issues. The best fireworks in our area are in a town about 20 minutes away .They always have a carnival and baseball games and things. I bet they'd be dropping like flies in this 95 * weather !

Val

Sounds like you had a treat yesterday ! So glad !

Jude

Your flowers are pretty. My whole yard looks like a light brown shade .. We water ,but the plants are suffering greatly . The poor squirrels even come out and lick the little puddles on the sidewalk after I water .. They are even getting too hot !

Joanne

Hope you're still enjoying that time off !

Mary

Exciting to get a new computer ! Bet you cant wait . Will they set it all up for you and get it going ,or do you know how to do all that ? Sam always does that stuff for me. I dont know a thing about computer repairs, or reloading ,or whatever .

Hope you have fun at the party on the weekend . Eat CAKE .

Will stop in later if I dont melt into a puddle like the Wicked witch did !

'morning, peeps.

Fireworks went on in the neighborhood till after 11 last night:( You'd never know that private use and possession are illegal!:angry

I had to cover the crate for Sparkie with his blankets so he'd feel safe...it was his choice to go in there! I left Lucy downstairs with him and gated off the steps...

Judy ~ Your petunias are gorgeous! I love them, but we treat them like "late winter/early spring" flowers because we get hot so early.

Ick!:P

My new computer is supposed to be here tomorrow. :cheer Fed Ex actually called this morning to remind us that they will need a signature!

Yay! I remember years back when I got my first laptop - I was online every day, tracking it from its origin in China to here:lol

Family is wonderful!

You're very blessed...not everyone can say that!:hug:manyheart

Jude

Your flowers are pretty. My whole yard looks like a light brown shade .. We water ,but the plants are suffering greatly . The poor squirrels even come out and lick the little puddles on the sidewalk after I water .. They are even getting too hot !

I'm always topping off the water level in the bird bath! THe feathered critters love it - look like mad birds with their feathers sticking out in 20 directions after playing in the water.:lol

Off to get the car inspected this morning...not much else...

Have a good day!:hug:manyheart

Good morning Housemates!

Julie - Glad to hear from you. I hope you're feeling okay. I saw squirrels licking the parking lot at the complex and wondered if they were slurping water. Stay inside and keep cool. Thanks for the Birthday wish!

Judy - Fireworks were going off here after 11 pm as well. I saw on the news where New York was offering $1000 reward for turning your neighbor in because fireworks were banned there.

Mary & Cindy - thanks for the birthday wish. Have a great day!

BBL!

Hi ladies

I just got a call this morning from the surgeon . they did find Cancer in 2 of the tumors ,so I will be going through the next process with the first doc . The surgeon doesnt do the cancer therapy part .

I go back to the other doc next Monday .He will tell me then what all is involved from here.

Thought you'd want to know . I'm hanging in here and ok . More scared of what they will do to me than what I have. I know it sounds stupid,but true .

Lots of hugs, Julie. :hug It doesn't sound stupid at all..."the fear of the unknown" has always been worse for me. I'm glad you don't have to wait too long to see the Dr. and then you'll know the plan of attack! We're here for you. :manyheart

Good morning my friends. I've been watching a movie and quilting the baby blanket so far this morning. Definitely getting excited about the move. Doing last minute packing on Monday, with a little thrown in before that as I can. Also making all the last minute arrangements with the apartment complex and Joey on the moving.

Hi ladies

I just got a call this morning from the surgeon . they did find Cancer in 2 of the tumors ,so I will be going through the next process with the first doc . The surgeon doesnt do the cancer therapy part .

I go back to the other doc next Monday .He will tell me then what all is involved from here.

Thought you'd want to know . I'm hanging in here and ok . More scared of what they will do to me than what I have. I know it sounds stupid,but true .

:hug:hug:hug Thinking of you. My Mary had thyroid cancer and the chemo and radiation afterwards. It wasn't too bad, but still scary. Her main side effect was nausea. If I did the cooking and she stayed out of the kitchen then it wasn't too bad and she was able to eat without much of a problem. If she went in the kitchen when I was cooking it wasn't so good. Can Sam cook? Cold sandwiches were okay, it was just the cooking odors that got her. :hug:hug:hug

Happy Birthday Val !!!!

:manyheart

Eat a chunk of cake for me ,corner piece with lots of frosting . YUM .

:bday

ditto from me....esp the cake part!

Hugs and love, Valerie!:hug:manyheart

Hi ladies

I know what you mean about what they will do...I'm like that, too.

We're all here for you, kiddo! Vent whenever you want to....

Hi ladies

:hug:manyheart:hug

Hi ladies

We are here for you no matter what! You can cry, scream, kick, holler what ever. Lifting you up in prayer continuously.:hug

Judianne - Thanks for the birthday wish!

Linda - Glad you're getting excited! I'm excited for you!

Hi House. No fedex truck yet. I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas. :lol

Here is what I got the yarn for yesterday.:hook I'm using the same color scheme. Just played with it last night to see how the pattern works...it starts with working both sides of a chain to form the fishies, then adding the background.

Stay cool if you can, everyone. :manyheart

Here is what I got the yarn for yesterday.:hook I'm using the same color scheme. Just played with it last night to see how the pattern works...it starts with working both sides of a chain to form the fishies, then adding the background.

Cute pattern, Mary. Hope the Fedex truck gets there sooner rather than later.

:cake:birthdayHave a great day, Val! :birthday:cake

Found out where/which apartment will be mine. The painting is done, and they just have to clean it and the carpets now. It's behind the units that are on the busy street and on the end away from the side street. Should be perfect for Sweet Pea and me. :manyheart I even found a shorter route to get there from here today. The guys (3) will be here with the truck between 9:30 and 10:00 on Tuesday. :bounce Will be incommunicado until I get cable at the new place unless I make a run to the library, but it shouldn't be for too long. I hope.

Oh, I know how that goes!!:hug

Beautiful pattern! Is that for the new grandchild who's on the way?

Found out where/which apartment will be mine. The painting is done, and they just have to clean it and the carpets now. It's behind the units that are on the busy street and on the end away from the side street. Should be perfect for Sweet Pea and me. :manyheart I even found a shorter route to get there from here today. The guys (3) will be here with the truck between 9:30 and 10:00 on Tuesday. :bounce Will be incommunicado until I get cable at the new place unless I make a run to the library, but it shouldn't be for too long. I hope.

Awesome!!!!!!:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Can you PM me with your new address??

Hi Housemates!

What an awesome vacation I'm having. The weather has been beautiful (except for some showers yesterday morning). We had a marvelous time with my cousin and it was great catching up with them. The day was a 10/10 weather wise and company wise!! We had lunch here- http://www.stonewallkitchen.com/yorkstore.html. We then went here: http://www.ogunquitmuseum.org/index1.html. What a nice small museum, with some beautiful art- but the real art was outdoors with the gorgeous gardens and the view of the water!!!

Yesterday we took a ride to Newburyport, Mass:

http://www.newburyportchamber.org/

A beautiful town and lovely beach!

Today we took a ride to York, Maine and went to the Nubble lighthouse and sat and read for a while there. Simply a beautiful place. (Also stopped at a LYS while there and treated myself to some yarn)

Linda- PM me your new address so I can update my Ville address book--the countdown to being in your own place has truly begun- how exciting- and the location of your apt sounds perfect!

Julie- I was sorry to read the news about the cancer, but please know we are here for you and I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Positive thoughts!!:hug

Val-:birthday:cake:bday

Judy- Love your flowers! So beautiful! I was happy to read that the water restriction has been lifted!

Cindy- Enjoy your days off!

Mary- Love that pattern--so cute!!!

Marlene- Thinking of you!

Marisa- Saw on FB that Averie did well! Are you back from Ohio?

DH is getting hungry so off to dinner we go.

Joanne, what nice places you have to visit up there!:c9

Hotter than h**l out there today, and tomorrow will be the same...with Saturday being 100 at least. Too much for NJ...

Anywho - tg for air conditioning!;)

Have a great night my friends:hug:manyheart

Archived