Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Val....I'm thinking about joining the Games thread...

I've been wanting to make these Russina dolls like Lucy on Attic24 made... Thinking about it.

post-8552-135897766885_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anybody doing the Olympics? I think I saw a post where Julie asked earlier.

I did see it I think that I will be joining, but haven't settled on my challenge as of yet. I'll still be unpacking and setting up my apartment at that point and don't really know what a reasonable goal will be for me.

I've spent the day watching movies, snuggling with Sweet Pea, and crocheting on the Eva's shawl I'm doing in the two lace-weight yarns. So far I've used up 3 small and 1 large ball of crochet thread and I'm on the fourth or fifth ball of wool yarn. 3 rows is between 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 inches in length on it so it takes a lot of rows with this size stuff.

I'm going to call it an early night tonight.

Have a good one. :manyheart

Morning all

Quick jump in to say howdy . I doubt I will do the olympic thing either . I'm not very good at getting things done in yarn any longer .

I didnt think very many in here would be able to do it either,as it seems everyone has busy schedules, etc. ,which is perfectly understandable.

Val ,that's great you got 3 more afghan orders. Are they for the same type ones you already didd, or something different ?

Cam came until 9 last night,then Steph wanted him home. She didnt want to leave him here too long yet since I dont have much steam this week. He might be here again this evening for a few hours if she doesnt have other plans .

If not, maybe he can come Friday again before he leaves for camp on the weekend .

Will try to stop in later ...Gonna try to kick back and take it easy today. Gonna get some laundry done,and need to make a stop at the bank,but other than that, not much else needing done today .

Good morning!

We had a great day yesterday and today we are meeting up with my cousin and her hubby to spend the day with them. Looking forward to seeing them!!!

I don't think I'll be doing the Olympics either- can't commit to anything right now with the project. I crochet for relieving stress and if I had to stick to a schedule to get something done, I'd be adding more stress. I'll be cheering anyone on who is partaking in the games though!

Off to get some coffee!!! Hugs to all!

morning peeps!

Laundry is going....water restrictions are for all outside watering but boil water restrictions are OVER!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap We got the call last night after 8PM.:D

I did see it I think that I will be joining, but haven't settled on my challenge as of yet. I'll still be unpacking and setting up my apartment at that point and don't really know what a reasonable goal will be for me.With all you'll be doing, ANYTHING would be a challenge for you!

I've spent the day watching movies, snuggling with Sweet Pea, and crocheting on the Eva's shawl I'm doing in the two lace-weight yarns. So far I've used up 3 small and 1 large ball of crochet thread and I'm on the fourth or fifth ball of wool yarn. 3 rows is between 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 inches in length on it so it takes a lot of rows with this size stuff.

I'm going to call it an early night tonight.

Have a good one. :manyheart

Sounds like a nice cozy evening....:c9

I don't know if I'll join or not. I just got orders for 3 more ghans.

I would like to do it. I have to think about it.

Have a good night housemates!

Like with Linda and her schedule over the next month - anything, given your new orders, would be a challenge. Doesn't have to be a big project:hook

Judy, those are cute and would be a cute project for the games!

Not sure yet - good think I have time. They would be a challenge for me while the 2 baby blanket patterns that are under consideration would be a challenge in one way but not as much of an effort as the dolls. I think I need to make the dolls.

I think:think

Good morning!

We had a great day yesterday and today we are meeting up with my cousin and her hubby to spend the day with them. Looking forward to seeing them!!!

I don't think I'll be doing the Olympics either- can't commit to anything right now with the project. I crochet for relieving stress and if I had to stick to a schedule to get something done, I'd be adding more stress. I'll be cheering anyone on who is partaking in the games though!

Off to get some coffee!!! Hugs to all!

Sounds like a wonderful vacation!

And yup - the Games aren't for you:hug:hug:hug

Off to the dentist - routine....BBL!

Good morning ladies :hi

Only a page of posts and it still took me a half hour to go through :think Why in the world do I get side tracked so easily :eek My brain is moving faster than I can do things about what needs to be done :sigh

Last night I worked on my graph ghan while watching the 2 Gordon Ramsay shows. I think I'll take the baby ghan away with me and maybe look through my patterns for a baby dress or something to make as well :think I leave tomorrow, but I think the hotel has free wi fi so I may get to check in with you ladies from the ipad :xfin I'm going to do some running today to the market and target to get snacks and food for us to have in the room. I'm also going to fill my gas tank as Steph will be using my car. We're taking hers to save the miles from mine and Ingrid's car. Ingrid leases and has been racking them up, which can be a problem. I just have alot on mine from when I was in Philly traveling back and forth everywhere since I rarely actually stayed in Philly on the weekends :lol Steph on the other hand has super low miles on her car. Plus, we'll be taking mine to our parents next weekend and again at the end of the month when I go to my friends 'nursery' party. At which point I'll meet my parents to trade my car for their van so when we go to Ocean City, MD next month it'll be easier with the kids since my dad has the dvd player in the van and we can even hook up video games in there for them :yes

Judy - :yay for the water restriction being lifted!!! Those Russina dolls are super cute :manyheart

Linda - Sounds like you had a great day yesterday :hug One week to go and counting down :devil

Julie - Glad to hear that Cam got to come visit with you a bit. Hopefully you'll get more time through the week before camp next week :xfin

Joanne - Enjoy your visit with your cousin and your R&R :D

Morning all

Quick jump in to say howdy . I doubt I will do the olympic thing either . I'm not very good at getting things done in yarn any longer .

I didnt think very many in here would be able to do it either,as it seems everyone has busy schedules, etc. ,which is perfectly understandable.

Val ,that's great you got 3 more afghan orders. Are they for the same type ones you already didd, or something different ?

The ghan for the young girl is to have her name on it. Her mother wants one for their den to be used when watching tv or reading. She also ordered one for her son...they can't agree on what he is getting.

Good morning!

We had a great day yesterday and today we are meeting up with my cousin and her hubby to spend the day with them. Looking forward to seeing them!!! Have fun!

I don't think I'll be doing the Olympics either- can't commit to anything right now with the project. I crochet for relieving stress and if I had to stick to a schedule to get something done, I'd be adding more stress. I'll be cheering anyone on who is partaking in the games though!That's understandable.

Off to get some coffee!!! Hugs to all! Too hot![/QUOTE]

morning peeps!

Laundry is going....water restrictions are for all outside watering but boil water restrictions are OVER!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap We got the call last night after 8PM.:D Good for you!

Like with Linda and her schedule over the next month - anything, given your new orders, would be a challenge. Doesn't have to be a big project:hook Are you enabling??:devil

Not sure yet - good think I have time. They would be a challenge for me while the 2 baby blanket patterns that are under consideration would be a challenge in one way but not as much of an effort as the dolls. I think I need to make the dolls.

I think:think Go ahead with the dolls. You always have a baby blanket or 2 in the works.

Off to the dentist - routine....Hope all is well.BBL!

Marisa - Have a fun and safe trip.

Have a good day housemates!

Good morning all. Another hot one, but not as bad as over the weekend. Have a few errands to run this afternoon and then I'll be sitting with Kim while John runs errands later.

I don't know if I'll join or not. I just got orders for 3 more ghans.

I would like to do it. I have to think about it.

Have a good night housemates!

As a suggestion, you could make completing one or more of your ordered 'ghans as your challenge for the Crochet Games. It might be an added incentive to get at least one of them out of the way quickly. I'm thinking of doing 2 or 3 prayer shawls as my challenge. With getting the apartment set up 2 is probably more reasonable than 3, but I do need to take some breaks or I'll be a wreck.

On a lighter side. We moved the stuff that I got from Rosie and John's garage to ours a week ago and when JC actually saw what I'd bought he admitted that they were very nice. :P He even liked the purple area rug! :lol

Val...enable...mois?:devil

Dentist visit was uneventful - no surprises:clap

Well, still not sure about making the Russian dolls...they call for a lighter weiht of yarn than what I have in my stash. But I'll look at the pattern again and see what I can come up with. I don't want these things to me huggable size:lol:lol:lol

On a lighter side. We moved the stuff that I got from Rosie and John's garage to ours a week ago and when JC actually saw what I'd bought he admitted that they were very nice. :P He even liked the purple area rug! :lol

:faint

Maybe this will work...I've written two long posts today and I've lost them both times. :( The last time, my browser closed, too!

Off to get Gracie from the groomers - will try again later.

Let's try this again! :lol

Valerie ~ Congratulations on 3 more orders! :clap

Linda ~ Won't be long now! You must be getting really excited. I hope the next few days go smoothly. :)

Judy ~ Love the Russian dolls! Of course, everything at Attic 24 is wonderful. :hook

Julie ~ I'm so glad Cam is able to visit with you before he leaves for camp. Hopefully, you're gaining a little strength each day. :manyheart

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

Luke has only had two accidents in two days, so I think he passed boot camp. :lol DD is doing well and the baby is now the size of an eggplant...they always compare them to fruits and veggies. ;)

It's been a long day, so I think some crochet time is needed. :crocheting

Linda ~ Won't be long now! You must be getting really excited. Absolutely! I hope the next few days go smoothly. :)Me too.

Luke has only had two accidents in two days, so I think he passed boot camp. :lol DD is doing well and the baby is now the size of an eggplant...they always compare them to fruits and veggies. ;)

It's been a long day, so I think some crochet time is needed. :crocheting

Luke is doing great!

I signed up for the Crochet Games. I'm going to attempt to do 2 prayer shawls, one in the Celtic Knot pattern and one in the Eva's Shawl pattern. I figure that's about all I'll be able to manage in addition to all the unpacking and organizing of my apartment that will probably still need to be done after only being there for 2 weeks. If I'm ahead of schedule I can always do more. :D

I watched Kim for several hours again this afternoon while John ran errands. He's going to miss me when I'm gone. :lol He'll then have to take her with.

I added 2 more rows to the current Eva's shawl and part of a third. Doing it with lace-weight yarn takes a lot longer than with 4-ply. This one is for me. I have 2 more balls of the wool after the current one and plenty of the 30 weight cotton, although this ball is getting markedly smaller all the time. :lol

Hello everyone. Had a great day a work today. I have to work tomorrow as well, and that's it for the week.

Julie, glad you got to see Cam for a short while. Hope you feel a bit better every day.

Linda, I bet Eva's shawl will be gorgeous in lace weight.

I forgot what else I was going to say..........

Linda, J will definitely miss having your help!!!!!

Mary, what helped DS finally get completley trained was when he was 2 1/2 and seeing his pediatrician...who plucked on his diaper and asked:

what's this, mother?

DS LOVED his doctor and within a short time was perfect, night and day! Mind you, even then he would listen and repect other peoples opinions more than those of his parents!:lol

Have a good night everyone!

Hello everyone. Had a great day a work today. I have to work tomorrow as well, and that's it for the week.

I hope tomorrow is a good day and then you can enjoy your free time!!:clap

Linda - John will most definitely miss you once you're gone. I bet he already realizes how much work you carried...just too stubborn to be nice and admit it. Good for you signing up for the games. I'm still thinking about what you said...haven't decided yet.

Cindy - I'm glad you had a great day and wish the same for you tomorrow. Enjoy your time off.

Mary - I'm glad Luke is out of boot camp.

Did you guys see the summer storm shawl modeled by AmyS on facebook. Below is the link.

http://www.ravelry.com/​patterns/library/​12-shawls-in-2012-july--summer-​storm

Hi Ladies, Happy Fourth of July! Hubby is golfing this morning with his brothers. Then were having a cookout at there house. Golf in the morning also so we will be staying the night. Hope everyone has a fun and safe travels if your out and about. I'll catch up when we get back home. Have a cool day!

Happy 4th, everyone!

Marlene, enjoy - we'll see you when you get back.

Rainy and very humid here...Sparkie was having a nervous breakdown over the fireworks last night and so we locked up Lucy in her crate and let him come upstairs with us - and he went right to sleep.

Lucy won't let him upstairs at all:(

Have a good day!:hug:manyheart

We have a huge patio on the apartment but we are not allowed to grill on it. My sister in Bama is BBqing for us. Getting ready to meet her in Anniston, Alabama...our halfway meeting point to get our 4th of July Dinner. It's hard to find bbq here that we like.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY...HOUSEMATES!

Judy - Sorry Sparkie was scared. I bet he enjoyed being able to go upstairs. Lucy probably was not a happy camper being locked up and Sparkie in her territory.

Julie - I hope you're feeling good on this independence day.

Marlene - Enjoy your cookout and safe travels back home.

Linda - I hope you are able to enjoy this holiday the way in which you choose.

Archived