Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Oh, Joanne, what beautiful places you are visiting. Enjoy!!!!

I haven't got the exact address yet, but I will certainly get it to all of you as soon as I have it. I'll be calling the electric company tomorrow to see about getting that turned on. JC is trying to micromanage my move for me. Only 4 more days 'til moving day! Yay!!!!!!

He's got a realtor coming tomorrow to look at the house, and it sounds like he's going to sign up with him as well. If he gets told to pack up a bunch of stuff, I sure don't want to be the one packing it all! The realtor thinks he has a client that may want to buy it, so I have my fingers crossed for them.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all

I'll try to remember who said what since my last visit in here .

Mary

Hope you got your new computer by now and are3 having fun with it .

The baby afghan looks really cute !

Linda

You sounds so excited about your new place. It's getting so close now ! Try to post some pics for us when the dust settles. I know you'll have a few hectic days until the move is done .

Joanne

Your vacation sounds like it is wonderful. So glad you got some time off ,It was well -earned !

Hey Cindy

How are things going ? Still working on your afghan squares ?

Jude

Yep,we are having that same really bad hot weather . We have yet to hit 100,but we are hitting 97 today I think . Our poor yard. It sounds so odd outside because you dont hear anyone mowing their yards . Nothing to mow but dead stubble .

Val

Did you have some CAKE yesterday ?

Marlene

Hope you had a good holiday .

Marisa

I miss your posts,but I think you are someplace on a trip again. Sorry I dont keep better track of things like I used to . Getting a little scatterbrained here .

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and good wishes . So far I'm ok with this . After going to so many docs and dealing with so many ailments, you kinda get used to it I guess .Normally, I'd be freaking out ,but have found out that it would do no good. It is what it is, so will have to trust the docs to lead me in the right direction and get this taken care of .

Will keep you guys updated as I find out more. Monday and Wed next week are the 2 Dr days .

Stay cool today everybody .

Oh, Joanne, what beautiful places you are visiting. Enjoy!!!!

I haven't got the exact address yet, but I will certainly get it to all of you as soon as I have it. I'll be calling the electric company tomorrow to see about getting that turned on. JC is trying to micromanage my move for me. Only 4 more days 'til moving day! Yay!!!!!!

terrific! Oh, boy - it can't come soon enough!

He's got a realtor coming tomorrow to look at the house, and it sounds like he's going to sign up with him as well. If he gets told to pack up a bunch of stuff, I sure don't want to be the one packing it all! The realtor thinks he has a client that may want to buy it, so I have my fingers crossed for them.

Mine are too!

Meeting Phyllis for coffee this AM...not much else going on.

BBL!

Good Morning! The computer arrived about 3 yesterday and I love it! There is a lot to learn and transfer...and the keyboard is totally different, so there may be some typos going on.:lol

Joanne ~ It sounds like a wonderful trip-enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Linda ~ We're so excited for you! :yay Your apartment location sounds great!

Julie ~ I hope you all get some rain very soon. We have "southern grasses" here that can tolerate the heat, but our water bills are always horrible in the summer!

Judy ~ Have fun with Phyllis this morning. :)

Hi to the rest of the House, too.:manyheart Errands this a.m. and then food to prepare to take to my Dad's party tomorrow. Have a good morning, everyone!

Good morning everyone. Another super hot day here, no rain yet either.

Despite the heat, I got lots done yesterday, 4 loads of laundry and 4 hours of spring cleaning in the basement.

Congrats on the new computer Mary,

Julie, continuing to send hugs.

Well, I'm off to the grocery store before it gets even hotter!

Mary

Glad your new toy arrived. Bet you are really enjoying it . Does your dad know about the party or is it a surprise ?

Jude

I'd remind you to get a DONUT,but I'm probably too late.

Cindy

Wow, you DID get lots done in the heat. I just sit and hold real still when it's this hot. Too hot to even move .

Well, I have a carload of stuff to unload,but will be taking it in shifts. I dont have any cold stuff,which is a good thing .So I'll mosey out ,get a couple bags and sit down for a spell.

I am excited -- we have been looking for a nice used bed for Cam ,and I drove right by a yard sale when they opened,so I stopped. They had a really nice twin bed for sale ,only used a couple times,so it looks like new . I went and got him some sheets and a bedspread for it,so I guess that will be our weekend project : sitting up a bedroom for Cam upstairs. I've been wanting to do that for a long time,so he will be surprised next time he comes. Not sure when that will be .He leaves for camp this weekend and home sometime next weekend,so not sure which day we will see him,but I hope he will liek his new bedroom. I tried to choose boyish colors -- the bedpsread is striped with dark colors,red,blue,green and brown,curtains in a dark green . I think it will be pre-teen-boy appropriate colors.

I'm also gonna TRY making some Warm Up america squares again. I know me and yarn dont get along very well anymore,but I need something to do with my hands to keep them occupied . The library had 2 huge sacks of leftover yarn from before,so if I can get the squares made with what's in there, maybe I'll donate it to them to raffle at our town festival the last week in July . I'll have to rummage through and see what they have .

Hello Housemates!

Julie - I didn't have cake...probably this weekend...vanilla with strawberry filling and buttercream icing. I think Cam will love his room. It sounds wonderful. Take care of yourself.:hug

Mary - Glad you received your package yesterday. What are you making for dad's party. I know you're going to enjoy your time with family. Try to stay cool.

Cindy - You have earned some hooking time with all that work completed. Hope you get some relief from the heat soon. It's still hot here as well.

Linda - Thanks for the birthday wish. It will be Tuesday before you know it. Just think, you'll be in your own place the next time Friday gets here.

Joanne - Sounds like your vacation is wonderful. It's well deserved. Thanks for the birthday wish.

Judy - Hope you and Phyllis stayed cool. Did you have a donut?

Marisa - Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Have a good afternoon everybody!

BBL.

Oh Val

That cake sounds really good ! You get to eat 2 pieces, one for me too . Hope you dont melt flat down there. WE might be having just about as hot of weather as you folks down south this summer. It's been blisteringly hot almost every day so far .

It's 100 degrees here again. I am exhausted from my trip to the grocery store, most likely because of the heat. I bought a lot of food, hopefully I won't have to go shopping next week. I can pick up milk at the store on the corner if we need it.

I was hoping to get more cleaning done, but my back is protesting all of yesterdays activity, so lI think I'm going to sit and crochet instead. I'm still going strong on that log cabin afghan. I picked up the last skein of yarn I'll need for it this morning. I also saw another log cabin afghan pattern this morning that is done all in one piece. I was thinking it might work as a scrappy afghan. It looks like it would go fast too, since it's all HDC. (and NO sewing together, which makes it doubly attractive to me!)

My back is also protesting all of yesterday's activity, so that is another good excuse for sitting around today.

Julie, be careful with the yarn. If you decide to crochet, stop the second you start to notice any symptoms. Do NOT just finish the round or the row or whatever you're on. You need to be in the best possible shape for what may lie ahead for you.

The room for Cam sounds really attractive. I feel like you really find some good yard sales out there. If I remember correctly, last year you found that neat purse with the covers for a steal.

Oh, and as for getting stuff done in the heat, it is really cool in our basement. Cool enough that I wear a sweater when I'm down here! DH keeps our A/C temp low, and the cold air ends up in the basement. And the basement is where our office is, and where my sewing room is.

Jules, the stuff for Cam's room sounds perfect!:clap

And I agree with Cindy - stop any working with yarn the second you feel "off" - you need to stay well for whatver you may have to go through.

...and no donut when I met Phyllis - I had an early lunch since I had bkfst about 6 AM. The egg and cheese sandwich on flatbread:c9 Phyllis has been busy - nice things she had to show me!

Cindy, I really like that new log cabin link you posted! It's perfect for so many reasons....I can see myself making that!:hook

Stay cool everybody!

Good afternoon all. spent the morning and early afternoon running around getting things done for the move. Finally have the electric bill transferred as of Monday, which is the day I'll sign the lease and get the keys. I'll be able to start moving in then - probably mostly fragile stuff and kitchen stuff. Then the guys will do the heavy stuff on Tuesday, but we'll be able to just go straight to the apartment and start unloading. I still have to go to the post office and do a change of address there and I have to get renter's insurance too.

Busy, busy! And HOT!!!!

Glad the computer arrived safe and sound, Mary.

Hang in there Julie!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Julie ~ Way to go on finding such great things for Cam's room! I'm glad you're pacing yourself and hopefully not doing too much. :manyheart

Linda ~ Monday is sooo close! :cheer

Cindy ~ I think I'd be living in your basement.:lol I hope your back is okay. :hug

Judy ~ This was the first year that police weren't called to our neighborhood because of the fireworks. It was nice and quiet. :) Glad you had a good visit with Phyllis.

Valerie ~ The cake sounds yummy!

The party for Dad isn't a surprise. We were asked to bring cole slaw and an appetizer, so I made a layered shrimp dip. Everything is done now and I'm ready for a few minutes of crochet time. We'll need to leave here by 8:45 in the morning...it's over 2 hours each way. Have a great evening, everyone. :manyheart

Good afternoon all. spent the morning and early afternoon running around getting things done for the move. Finally have the electric bill transferred as of Monday, which is the day I'll sign the lease and get the keys. I'll be able to start moving in then - probably mostly fragile stuff and kitchen stuff. Then the guys will do the heavy stuff on Tuesday, but we'll be able to just go straight to the apartment and start unloading. I still have to go to the post office and do a change of address there and I have to get renter's insurance too.

Oh, yes, renter's insurance is a must! This is so exciting!!

Judy ~ This was the first year that police weren't called to our neighborhood because of the fireworks. It was nice and quiet. :)

We're supposed to have noise ordinaces here....nothing aftter 10 PM

Glad you had a good visit with Phyllis.

We can do alot of gabbing in the short time we're together:lol

Valerie ~ The cake sounds yummy!

The party for Dad isn't a surprise. We were asked to bring cole slaw and an appetizer, so I made a layered shrimp dip. Everything is done now and I'm ready for a few minutes of crochet time. We'll need to leave here by 8:45 in the morning...it's over 2 hours each way. Have a great evening, everyone. :manyheart

Have a great time!

I managed to get the renter's insurance this afternoon and then sat with Kim while JC ran errands and bought them a new microwave to replace the one they are giving me. He wants a black one instead of the white one. :think It another thing that I don't have to get.

Have a wonderful time tomorrow at the party, Mary.

I'll bet that Cam will be thrilled with his new bedroom, Julie. It sounds perfect for a soon to be teenager.

I hope that I can sleep tonight. Last night I was so keyed up that my mind wouldn't shut up and then I got leg cramps and so was awake most of the night fighting those. I've had two bananas since then, so hopefully I won't have a repeat tonight. About the only thing not done yet is to line up cable and internet and I want to see where the outlets are and whether I'll have one TV or two befor I line it up. JC's offered me two of their's. The one is the old one downstairs and the other is a big one in the living room that they never use anymore. We shall see.

Have a good night and an even better weekend everyone. :manyheart

Hi all,

Home sweet home! Well actually got home around 12:30- we left New England early in the morning- then stopped about an hour 1/2 into the trip for a nice leisurely breakfast at Cracker Barrel! Got home, unpacked, and then spent the rest of the afternoon with my DD and Ryan!

We are watching the Yankee/Sox game which at this rate will be on till midnight. It's only the top of the 4th inning and the score is 6-6--and the pitchers are both doing horrible!

Julie- Love the colors you chose to do a room for Cam- he is going to be so excited when he sees it I'm sure!

Linda- I'm beyond excited for you!! Hope you get to sleep tonight! That's nice of JC to give you their 'old' microwave- and a tv (or two).

Judy- Nice that you and Phyllis got together this morning! We should plan a Saturday meeting soon. The only days I'm not free are the 21st (it's Ryan's first birthday party) or Aug 5.

Cindy- I love that log cabin pattern you posted today! Love the fact that it's done in one piece. I've added it to my favs and think that that will definitely be made once I finish my granny stripe--or maybe I'll work on both at once! LOL

Mary- Yay for your new computer- I'll bet you are enjoying it immensely!!

Val- That's great that you got two more orders for afghans!

It's hot like Judy mentioned and humid. I miss the beautiful New England weather already- TG for AC!!!

Well, back to the game!

Good Morning, House. :hi

Joanne ~ You sound rested and relaxed - enjoy the weekend! I'll bet you were really anxious to see Ryan again.:c9

Linda ~ I hope you were able to sleep last night - your mind must be racing with all you have to do and with being so excited about the move! :manyheart That's great that you won't have to buy a microwave and TV.

Gracie has decided that 5 a.m. is a good time to get up.:lol So I have laundry in and the dishwasher is running...

Have a great Saturday! :)

Good Morning, House. :hi

Joanne ~ You sound rested and relaxed - enjoy the weekend! I'll bet you were really anxious to see Ryan again.:c9

Linda ~ I hope you were able to sleep last night - your mind must be racing with all you have to do and with being so excited about the move! :manyheart That's great that you won't have to buy a microwave and TV.

Gracie has decided that 5 a.m. is a good time to get up.:lol So I have laundry in and the dishwasher is running...

Have a great Saturday! :)

Good morning, Mary and the rest of the house.

I also have laundry going!!:lol I did miss Ryan and the smile on his face when I walked in the door was wonderful:manyheart

It's going to be a hot day out there today, so I'll be spending most of the day indoors. A few errands to run first thing this morning and then hibernation with some baseball, crochet and air conditioning!!!

Hi Ladies,

Just getting back online. We came home thursday afternoon to no power and 102 and hotter yesterday. We have a generator so we did get the refrigerator, freezer, a light and a fan going. It was awful! We didn't start it up until 10 that night just waiting to see if it would come back on. Coming home we seen trees down and uprooted and kept wondering if we were effected. We had to take a small detour about 5 miles from homes. We brought the back roads home or we would of known there was a power pole down about a 1/2 mile away. I'm glad that we live on the lake so we could get in the water. But not before 5 because I would of burned badly. But it's over and everyone is happy and the house is cooled down.

I have to get some stuff done now. I'll catch you all later. Hapve a nice day!

Hi, peeps!

Joanne, welcome home!

Everyone, stay cool...we'll be doing that!

Need to do a couple of things before it gets hotter...BBL!

Good morning. Still hot and humid here, and still no rain......I've been up since 5 AM, just couldn't sleep.

Marlene, glad your power is back, it must have been awful without power in this heat.

Welcome home Joanne, glad you had a good vacation.

Linda, good news on the microwave and the tv. Almost moving day!!!

Mary, hope you have a great time at your dad's party. I guess Gracie knew there was a busy day ahead of you, and she wanted you to accomplish something!

Not sure what I will do today, my back is still bothering me a bit, although it's lots better than yesterday. It would be much better if I could go for a walk, but it is too hot out there for any exertion. Maybe I'll do a little more cleaning in the basement today, and then some work on the log cabin afghan. Or maybe I'll just read a book....

But it's over and everyone is happy and the house is cooled down.

I have to get some stuff done now. I'll catch you all later. Hapve a nice day!

thanks goodness!!:eek

Good morning housemates!

Joanne - Welcome home. You sound so rested.

Marlene - sorry you came home to no power but glad it didn't last too long!

Cindy - maybe you should read to give your back a rest.

Judy - stay cool while running errands.

Linda - I hope youu were able to sleep last night. Congrats on the microwave and tv's

Ladies, my youngest sister drove over from Bama and she, her husband, our other 2 sisters, my niece, nephew, and great niece gave me a family surprise party with a delicious cake. We are going to finish celebrating this afternoon so they can head home. FAMILY - gotta love em. Have a great day!!

BBL

Good morning. Still hot and humid here, and still no rain......I've been up since 5 AM, just couldn't sleep.

Marlene, glad your power is back, it must have been awful without power in this heat.

Welcome home Joanne, glad you had a good vacation.

Linda, good news on the microwave and the tv. Almost moving day!!!

Mary, hope you have a great time at your dad's party. I guess Gracie knew there was a busy day ahead of you, and she wanted you to accomplish something!

Not sure what I will do today, my back is still bothering me a bit, although it's lots better than yesterday. It would be much better if I could go for a walk, but it is too hot out there for any exertion. Maybe I'll do a little more cleaning in the basement today, and then some work on the log cabin afghan. Or maybe I'll just read a book....

Take it easy- your back is telling you to!!:hug I would love to go for a walk along the beach but it's even too hot for that! Plus the crowds are not my cup of tea- maybe tomorrow morning when I wake up nice and early as always I'll go do that to celebrate my last day of vacation!

Good morning housemates!

Joanne - Welcome home. You sound so rested. I really am rested and thoroughly enjoyed my time off. I could really get used to not working!! But that's not in the cards right now:(

Marlene - sorry you came home to no power but glad it didn't last too long!

Cindy - maybe you should read to give your back a rest.

Judy - stay cool while running errands.

Linda - I hope youu were able to sleep last night. Congrats on the microwave and tv's

Ladies, my youngest drove over from Bama and she, her husband, our other 2 sisters, my niece, nephew, and great niece gave me a family surprise party with a delicious cake. We are going to finish celebrating this afternoon so they can head home. FAMILY - gotta love em. Have a great day!!

BBL

What a nice surprise for you Val! And Yes, gotta love family. We're heading up to Boston for my cousin's 70th surprise birthday party. I can't wait. He is the brother of the cousin I just visited in New Hampshire!

Laundry is all done and that's all the cleaning I'm doing. I'm still on vacation, after all.:lol Picked up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and going to cut it up and put it in a nice salad for dinner. It's too darn hot to cook!

I'm going to work on my granny stripe today since it's definitely not a project I take out of the house. It's nice and cool downstairs and the Yankees/Red Sox are playing a double header today. Lots of :crocheting time and baseball today!

well, it seems the town was a tad premature in lifting the boil water advisory - by 4 days:P Everyone in the neighborhood has been checking in and seem ok. The township and the water company are pointing fingers at each other now.

We also have 2 water main breaks - one nearby. Sooooo we woke up to brown water...

I keep reminding myself...at least we have electricity!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap

Archived