Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:manyheartJULEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

You'll get through this -:hug:manyheart:hug

I'm doing ok today - pain is nothing compared to what you and other people have to go through:hug

Love ya, my friend:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning friends! Its a lovely day here so far, although still no sign of the badly needed rain. Its supposed to get hot and humid, but it's pleasant at the moment. (probably ought to go out and do some weeding....) We took the in-laws out for breakfast and just got home. Not sure what else I will do today, besides clean bathrooms and do a load of laundry. Probably work on the log cabin afghan and listen to an audio book.

Val, congrats on getting more afghan orders. Glad you are feeling better.

Joanne you are up bright and early considering it is your day off.

Mary, hope you have a fun day with Luke. I've never tried join as you go, but its tempting to look for a pattern that features that, since all that tedious sewing together at the end is what puts me off a lot of patterns.

Marisa, glad you made it safely...once again, very jealous of the rain! Back exercises are done for today!

Judy, Happy birthday to your dh. Have fun at dinner. Looks like a very nice restaurant. Hows the hip today?

Julie, its good to hear from you. Sorry that you got all the bad side effects. Still, it will make it easy to stick to the diet!:lol And hopefully the nausea will subside as time goes on.

Marlene, hope all is well with you, haven't seen one of your nice long posts for a few days.

Linda, hope you are settling into your new home.

Hi to everyone else as well. Hope you all have a great day.

Hi Jude

Missed your post today right after mine. Stick with the exercising and stretching system and see how that works for you . Sure hope it'll help give you some relief. If you have a gym someplace close, check into what is available that might help. They have classes here in our Rec center for seniors who have had arthritis or surgeries on hips, backs, knees, etc. They also do water aerobics, which they say helps a lot . You might wanna try it for a month ( ours lets you pay a month at a time if you want,just to see if you like it ) . That may be the key to helping you out .

Happy birthday to your hubster . The restaurant looks very pretty .

Cindy

Boy, you are on the ball, already out to eat and home . We havent had rain yet today either but 50 % chance I think. It's real grey and ugly out today so it looks like rain .

How many squares do you have done on your log cabin and how many more to finish ?

Judy, Happy birthday to your dh.Thanks!! Have fun at dinner. Looks like a very nice restaurant.It is...though I haven't been there for MANY years - last time was with my GD and her mom. Hows the hip today?

Not too bad today - and we just got back from walking a little over by the bay. Achy, but ok. We needed our salt air and water fix;)

Hi Jude

Missed your post today right after mine. Stick with the exercising and stretching system and see how that works for you . Sure hope it'll help give you some relief. If you have a gym someplace close, check into what is available that might help. They have classes here in our Rec center for seniors who have had arthritis or surgeries on hips, backs, knees, etc. They also do water aerobics, which they say helps a lot . You might wanna try it for a month ( ours lets you pay a month at a time if you want,just to see if you like it ) .I may end up doing that one day...have to check out nearby facilities... That may be the key to helping you out .

Happy birthday to your hubster .Thanks! The restaurant looks very pretty .

Yup - quite a change from our usual Saturday fare:lol

Are you reading any books?? Or is it impossible to concentrate?:hug

Only 26 more squares to go!! My current afghan that I am making! :-) I am thinking about making it wider though, so it will fit my queen size bed.

That looks great!! ry to make it big enough for your bed if you can - I think it would be a super idea!:cheer

Hi all,

Yes, I was up early- I get up early every day- I don't want to waste any time especially on my days off. I treasure them!!! Got my 6 year old car inspected and it passed! It's good for two years!!

Julie--It was great to see a post from you! Hang in there!!!

Stawberry- The afghan is beautiful~

Cindy- I chuckled at your chore list for today- same as mine! LOL I also took a trek to Trader Joe's- hadn't been in about 3 weeks.

Marisa- Glad to hear you made it safe and sound!

Val- Are you busy working on your afghans?

Yankees are on--so off I go- before heading over later to my DD's MIL's. She's hosting a party for her Dad's 90th birthday! He doesn't look a day over 70--if that! . So I'll get to see Ryan!!

Strawberry

Beautiful colors. That afghan will be a stunner when it's done .

Jude

I'm trying to read, but it's a little hard to keep my mind on anything. Reading nonfoction helps a bit because there's not a story line to keep track of .

Glad you are able to get out and move around a bit today .

Joanne

Thanks, I'm still hanging .. Have fun watching the game and eating cake with Ryan !

Strawberry ~ Welcome! Your afghan is gorgeous! We love pictures!

Julie ~ :hug That pill must have been a huge shock to your system!:( I hope you get over the effects quickly and can go back to eating your favorite things. :manyheart

Hi Marisa!

Judy ~ The restaurant looks fantastic! Happy Birthday to your DH.:cake

Cindy ~ This is my first time for join as you go...and it works beautifully! I know there are dozens of different ways to do it, but this pattern is pretty easy. Breakfast out is a great way to start a weekend. :yes

Joanne ~ I hope you've had a great time at the party! Our Trader Joe's opened a couple of weeks ago and the crowds and parking have been incredible. I thought I might go one day this week. :)

We took Luke home about 5:30. This grammy is ready for quiet time. :lol

Jude

I'm trying to read, but it's a little hard to keep my mind on anything. Reading nonfoction helps a bit because there's not a story line to keep track of . Good!

Glad you are able to get out and move around a bit today .

I've beendoing surprisingly well...but then the morning will tell me more....

You have a good night, my friend:hug:manyheart

Judy ~ The restaurant looks fantastic! Happy Birthday to your DH.:cake

Thanks! We had a great time with DS and his GF....the time flew and the food was great! No cake - we were too stuffed:lol

We took Luke home about 5:30. This grammy is ready for quiet time. :lol

You have to be wiped out!:lol

Have a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

Had a great time at the party. My SIL's grandfather is an amazing man! Got a great picture of my DD, SIL, GS and him--but it's on my DD's phone! I'll have to get her to email it to me.

Judy- That restaurant looks good and glad that you and DH, DS and GF had a nice time. Happy Birthday to your DH!

Julie- Hang in there my friend!!!

I know what you mean about Grammy being tired, Mary!! I'm usually pretty tired after watching Ryan but love every second. I think you'll love Trader Joe's. They have some great things! I wish there was one closer to me- it's about 18 miles away and that's why I usually only go there every 2-3 weeks.

Off for the night- time to do a little hooking. I stopped the shawl because I see where I messed up on about the 4th row - and I don't have the energy to go and frog it, so I just started another Queen Ann's lace scarf in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK- yarn that I had gotten in Boston- and I love it! Also did about 3 more stripes on my granny stripe ghan last night.

Hi. Quick pop in.

Julie~You are one tough cookie & you seem to bulldoze whatever crap life seems to hand you and this is NO different. You will get through this, my friend and we will all be here for you. :hug Yell if you need anything. :manyheart

Sorry I'm not posting much tonight, but I am zonked.....nighty-night. :)

Hi everyone...I just came across this thread and you ladies look like you are having a blast here... :hook so I thought I would hop in..........

I've starting making winter things for my grandson...toque, scarf, mitts and I want to make him a nice sweater (he is 3)...then after that I have 3 granddaughters to do for...if I start now, will be ready for the fall for sure :)

Morning folks

Welcome to Laura - sounds like you have a nice list of items to begin for Fall . What colors are you making each set in ,and how old are the other grandkids ?

Jude

Sounds like you had a nice time yesterday .

Joanne

Ditto for you ! What kinda cake did they have ?

Mary

I know what you mean,it seems strange when you have a small grandchild, they seem to always be on the go and never stop. You forgot what it was like when your own kids were little,so it's kinda like starting all over again, only with a body that's 20 or 30 years older than the time you had a toddler yourself !

I'm feeling a bit better as of the moment. Didnt sleep well,but other than that , the nausea doesnt seem too bad yet,but I havent tried eating . I just woke up .

You all have a good day .

Good morning!

Welcome, Laura!

Julie- Happy to read that you are feeling a little better this AM--hang in there. As far as the CAKE, it was an icebox cake- chocolate wafers, strawberries, bananas, graham cracker, whipped cream. So delicious!!! And then they also had a table set up for 'make your own ice-cream sundaes' for all the kiddies.!

Looking forward to an easy, relaxing day and other than washing the sheets and towels I don't plan on doing too much.

Will stop in again later.

Morning, peeps!

Hi everyone...I just came across this thread and you ladies look like you are having a blast here... :hook so I thought I would hop in..........

I've starting making winter things for my grandson...toque, scarf, mitts and I want to make him a nice sweater (he is 3)...then after that I have 3 granddaughters to do for...if I start now, will be ready for the fall for sure :)

Welcome, Laura! We love seeing new faces here! And one of our neighbors to the North, too!!:cheer

Are you knitting the sweater? We have some knitters here...from knitters who have very basic skills, like me, to more experienced.

Off to take care of the dogs - going to me rainy, humid and hot today, so it'll be a sluggish, slow day.

BBL!:hug

Good Morning ! :morcoffee

Thank you ladies for the :welcome ...you are awesome...:cheer

Lets see...my granddaughters are 1, 4 and 5. For my grandson Aiden, I am using a celery green for his sweater which I am going to crochet. So probably also a green colorway for his other items. My knitting is way rusty and I need to practice again first. For the toddler girls, they both like hello kitty so I am going to do a set for them one in a pink colorway and one in a purple/lavender colorway (one of them loves purple). Have not decided for the one year old yet. I need to make a trip to the next town (26 km) as they have a Michaels and I want to yarn shop there. We have yarn locally here but its limited.

Actually if you go to this forum link in the child show off page http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=140273

you can see a pic of the 4 yr old, Paige, and the sweater poncho I just finished for her birthday.

I am living in Ontario but I will say that I am an American by birth. I am adapting to the Canadian ways though and I really do love Canada. I was born around Chicago, lived there a long time, moved to the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area, lived there a long time (lived through Katrina there...BIG UGH :storm)...now I am living in Ontario with my fiance who is Canadian. I've been here about a year now. We are hoping to be married in August. This is all dependant on what we jokingly call "The Ministry of More Paperwork and Money" (US equal would be Dept of more Paperwork and Money :lol) as I was divorced a long time ago in the States and you have to go through the usual hoopla to get your divorce approved in Canada since it was a foreign divorce. We are in the last stages now and as soon as the approval comes back we will be off to the courthouse for the license. All in all it wasn't so bad...not like dealing with immigration and such that is tons more paperwork, money and generally a tedious time. :rant

So hopefully today we will be off to Michaels ! :)

Good Morning ! :morcoffee

Thank you ladies for the :welcome ...you are awesome...:cheer

We are awesome:lol:lol:lol

Lets see...my granddaughters are 1, 4 and 5. For my grandson Aiden, I am using a celery green for his sweater which I am going to crochet. So probably also a green colorway for his other items. My knitting is way rusty and I need to practice again first. For the toddler girls, they both like hello kitty so I am going to do a set for them one in a pink colorway and one in a purple/lavender colorway (one of them loves purple). Have not decided for the one year old yet. I need to make a trip to the next town (26 km) as they have a Michaels and I want to yarn shop there. We have yarn locally here but its limited.Several ladies around here have the same problem finding large selections of yarn, too. Good luck at Michaels!

Actually if you go to this forum link in the child show off page http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=140273

you can see a pic of the 4 yr old, Paige, and the sweater poncho I just finished for her birthday.

Oh, she's adorable! ANd she is obviously pleased as punch over her gift! You did a fantastic job. I don't remember seeing a pattern like that before today.

I am living in Ontario but I will say that I am an American by birth. I am adapting to the Canadian ways though and I really do love Canada. I was born around Chicago, lived there a long time, moved to the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area, lived there a long time (lived through Katrina there...BIG UGH :storm)...now I am living in Ontario with my fiance who is Canadian. I've been here about a year now. We are hoping to be married in August. This is all dependant on what we jokingly call "The Ministry of More Paperwork and Money" (US equal would be Dept of more Paperwork and Money :lol) as I was divorced a long time ago in the States and you have to go through the usual hoopla to get your divorce approved in Canada since it was a foreign divorce. We are in the last stages now and as soon as the approval comes back we will be off to the courthouse for the license. All in all it wasn't so bad...not like dealing with immigration and such that is tons more paperwork, money and generally a tedious time. :rant

I wish you a lot of luck with the paperwork!

I've lived in NJ since 1976 with hubby and our DS and dogs. Before that we lived in St. Louis for almost 3 years, but are nativer New Yorkers. I started crocheting around 1970 but belonging to this group has stretched my abilities by leaps and bounds! And also increased my yarn stash...LOL! :lol

Just had to smile a bit at this, I'm Canadian by birth and have lived in Michigan since 1977. My dh is American, and I actually met him when I went to work as a nurse here. I tried to get him to move to Ontario, but he didn't want to, and now I don't want to move back since my children and grandchildren are here.

Hi all,

Laura- Your granddaughter is so cute and I love that poncho!!!! I've lived in NJ all my life (unless you count the three years I was in NY until age 3). My oldest DD who is single lives in Boston (which is one of my favorite places to go), my middle DD is also single, is an artist, finishing up her masters in Art Education and lives with your boyfriend who is also an artist. My youngest DD is married to my wonderful SIL for 4 years and my first granchild, Ryan will be turning 1 on 7/24~~

Judy- Where is the rain you spoke of? It sure IS HOT/HUMID, though! Definitely and indoor day. I ran to the store and picked up Ryan's gift - it's a Little Tikes Backyard Bar-B-Que so he can 'grill' just like his Dad!

Time to make the bed- now that the sheets are nice and clean :-)

Archived