Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:think Gee, it doesn't sound like J. has changed his attitude. :( Have they shown the house very often?

It's good to be home...100* out, so I will crochet. :D

Yeah, same old John. It took me all of 30 minutes to have it up to his standards and most of that was vaccuuming time. I offered to stay with a friend until moving day so that Sweet Pea and I wouldn't mess anything up, but then I wouldn't be available to watch Kim while he runs errands any time he wants and he didn't want that. Go figure! :think

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

Oh, Linda- that "J" is something else!!! Only thinks about himself- and I know you can hang in there for a few more weeks!!!

Had a nice afternoon and evening with DD and GS!

Time to get ready and get the week started! Hope you all have a good Monday!

Just a quick pop in to say, "Good Morning!" Nothing much new here since last night. I crocheted for a bit last night. Will probably to more of that since it tends to be a project that doesn't produce much in the way of things to mess up the ultra-neatness of the house. I do have to quilt a baby blanket though. Michelle and Mark (JC's hunting buddy) had a 10 pound 7 ounce baby boy late last week. It's pinned, just needs the quilting and binding done. I guess I can do that without making too big a mess. :P I see my doctor later this morning for a routine check-up.

Have a good one. :hug:manyheart:hug

Hi, ya peeps!

Linda, good luck with the dr appt!:hug

T/storms here this AM. Looked like midnight out there for a while. Sparkie is afraid of thunder and went into Lucy's crate (his old one) so I closed the door for him and he seemed a lot more relaxed.

Have a great day - BBL!

Good morning housemates,

Sound like everybody had a great weekend.

Linda - just hang in ther...it's almost over. Hoping all is well at the dr.

Joanne - great deals from your shopping trip. Your weekend sounds wonderful.

Judy - your weekend sound heavenly. Glad the furples got a chance to ride out.

Cindy - did you decide to stay home? Your ds will love his birthday present.

Marisa - hope you got your invitations out. How are you comingwith your graph ghan?

Mary - glad you had sometime with Luke. Did you get your hooking time in?

I didn't get home from my sister's until midnight. I didn't crochet as much as I planned because she had a new book...so i mostly read And she crocheted.

We might be going to BAMA(overnight) trip within the next day or so.

Well, I have to do a few chores and run a few errands. I'll check back in later.

Have a great day housemates!

Doctor's appointment went well. My A1C was 6.3 (same as last time)and the doctor was very pleased. My weight is gradually inching downward, but the inches continue to come down so that's even better. Packed another box up today with my quilt batting and the purchases for the apartment from the last couple of trips out. Need to make another run to Goodwill this afternoon.

:manyheart

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I feel like I've had a busy day, but don't know what I did :think:shrug

I got the invites in the mail and did go to the gym :D Now I'm chatting with Maryann while catching up so I didn't take notes :(

I hope you're all having a wonderful Monday :hug

'Afternoon, everyone. I left pretty early this a.m. to beat the heat...errands had piled up until it was a necessity. :lol By the time I got home it was 102*!

Judy ~ I hope the storms weren't too bad. Gracie was fine with thunder until this year - now she looks up at the sky (or out the window) and barks like crazy. :rolleyes

Linda ~ Great news from the doctor! Looking forward to seeing the baby quilt. :)

Valerie ~ It sounds like a good visit with your sister. :yes Are you still planning to move to Alabama?

Hi to Joanne, Marisa and the rest of the House. :hi

I've forgotten to share little bird news! We didn't see him for 4 days after releasing him last Sunday. I was watering flowers one morning and there he was - about 2 feet away. :lol He's staying in the big Lacebark Elm that he fell from...we've always had bird feeders and bird baths in the front and back yards, so he's very happy.:)

Doctor's appointment went well. My A1C was 6.3 (same as last time)and the doctor was very pleased. My weight is gradually inching downward, but the inches continue to come down so that's even better. Packed another box up today with my quilt batting and the purchases for the apartment from the last couple of trips out. Need to make another run to Goodwill this afternoon.

:manyheart

You've been lifting, moving, etc - no wonder you've lost inches! Take it slowly....:hug

By the time I got home it was 102*!

Ick.

Judy ~ I hope the storms weren't too bad. Gracie was fine with thunder until this year - now she looks up at the sky (or out the window) and barks like crazy. :rolleyes

A nearby town (Manalapan) had lightning strike its senior condos! Fire and everything, TG no one was hurt. It's been a wierd day - we had some thunder and a ton of rain again late this afternoon.

And Miss Lucy went over to the patio door this morning to watch the hail bounce up and hit the glass:lol

I've forgotten to share little bird news! We didn't see him for 4 days after releasing him last Sunday. I was watering flowers one morning and there he was - about 2 feet away. :lol He's staying in the big Lacebark Elm that he fell from...we've always had bird feeders and bird baths in the front and back yards, so he's very happy.:)

He knows a good thing! Staying close to a safe place...:c9

Have a great evening everyone:hug:manyheart

Mary - I did have a good visit. Yes, I do plan to move back home. I'd plan to do it this year but it's not happening. Hopefully, I can make it happen next year.

Judy - glad all is well and no one was hurt.

Linda - good report from the dr.

Have a good night housemates!

HI all,

Wanted to stop in and post and wish Julie the best tomorrow!!! I went to craft club tonight- and had a wonderful evening. I'll be leaving early in the morning tomorrow so probably won't be back until tomorrow night

Have a good Tuesday!

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, Great news on more new patients. I've never done the join as you go method. But if you like then it's working. It's nice of you and your sister giving your parents a surprise anniversary party.

Judy, Great pic of the dogs. Maya has been trying really hard for us to get a dog. Hubby would but I keep saying no. Today she finally asked why not. I gave her lots of reasons. First one us going to Texas and are suv really isn't big enough to haul a dog back and forth. And most important is that we stop to see hubby's sister and she doesn't want a dog in her house. She has cats. She said grandpa and the dog could sleep in the car. Bless her little heart. She can't have a dog where they live. This to shall pass. Your blue hydrangeas are beautiful. Great finds at the yarn store.

Rebby, Hope your enjoying your week away with family. It's nice you will have your sil to share some crafting time with. Sweet your own craft room.

Cindy, DD got a great deal on the bag of yarn. The pattern you linked to sure is pretty. It would make a pretty baby blanket. Picots are not my liking either. Your annabelle hydragea is beautiful. Hope your knee heals quickly.

Julie, I think your doing the best thing having the thyroid removed. Keeping you in my prayers. Cam could come and keep you and Sam company.

Linda, Welcome home! Great news on getting a first floor apt. Moving day will be here soon. Great pics! Your gs sure is growing up. How old is he now? Glad they got most of the paint off. Good news from the doctor.

Joanne, Great bargins you found at the outlet mall. Have a good day at work.

Mary, Good news on the bird. We have a fountain on are deck and tonight I seen a robin using it.

Val, Your weekend with your sister sounds relaxing.

Hi to Tab and Kathy!

Hubby had his test done. I asked for a copy of the results to be sent to us and they said to get a copy from the doctor. First time i've been told that. Since we don't have a follow up appt we stopped in at the doctors station and left all the info they need to send them to us. Hubby was told that wrap looked like it is perferated and puffy at the end. When he asked questions he was told to talk to your doctor. He does have a another hernia above the wrap. We knew he had a second hernia. Will have to see if it is getting bigger or not. He slept most of the first day. That day they did the 24 hour study. They put a tube/scope down from his nose to his stomach. This will measure if he has any acid in his stomach. The last time he has this done he didn't. I made him get up and told him he needed to do something as he don't sleep all day at home. And they want you to be just as active as usual. So he went for a walk. Hope we hear something soon.

We stayed another night and went to my hometowns parade for Yankee Doodle Days. Then we walked down to the jc park. Ronald McDonald was doing a magic show. My SIL was meeting her son and his family there so we were looking for her and watching the show. I spotted them and told Maya where they were (right behind Ronald McDonald). I told her to wave and mabye Meme would see her. Just when she started waving Ronald asked for a helper. He picked Maya. It was just to funny how it all happened. She and Grandpa went to be his helper. Of course I didn't have my camera with me and my camera on phone I didn't know how to take a picture. When it was over we asked RMcD if he would take a pic with Maya and hubby took it with his phone. His is plain and simple.

Yesterday she seen RMcD in a commercial and she said there's RMcD that I did the magic show with. It was cute!

We went to my great nieces birthday party saturday afternoon. I don't see them to often so it was a nice visit.

Yesterday we went back down and took hubby's Mom to dinner. She has a cold or allergies thing going on and she didn't look to good, but she said she didn't feel bad. Thursday I have to take her for laser surgery on her eye. Hope she's feeling up to it.

Today I spent most of the morning doing laundry. This afternoon Maya and I went out to the store then came home and made chocolate chip cookies. She's been asking to make some but it's been to hot to until today. But it will be getting home later in the week.

Hope everyone has a good week! Hopefully we have a mild week.

Good morning Housemates!

Quick drop in to say hello. I'm have to get ready to head to Bama. My sister has to go over to meet with her financial advisor. We will spend the night with our youngest sister and head back to Georgia on tomorrow.

Julie - Praying for you. :hug

morning, ladies!

Cool and wonderful ouside today!:D

Have a great day housemates!

you, too, Val!

Hubby had his test done. I asked for a copy of the results to be sent to us and they said to get a copy from the doctor. First time i've been told that. Since we don't have a follow up appt we stopped in at the doctors station and left all the info they need to send them to us. Hubby was told that wrap looked like it is perferated and puffy at the end. When he asked questions he was told to talk to your doctor. He does have a another hernia above the wrap. We knew he had a second hernia. Will have to see if it is getting bigger or not. He slept most of the first day. That day they did the 24 hour study. They put a tube/scope down from his nose to his stomach. This will measure if he has any acid in his stomach. The last time he has this done he didn't. I made him get up and told him he needed to do something as he don't sleep all day at home. And they want you to be just as active as usual. So he went for a walk. Hope we hear something soon.

We stayed another night and went to my hometowns parade for Yankee Doodle Days. Then we walked down to the jc park. Ronald McDonald was doing a magic show. My SIL was meeting her son and his family there so we were looking for her and watching the show. I spotted them and told Maya where they were (right behind Ronald McDonald). I told her to wave and mabye Meme would see her. Just when she started waving Ronald asked for a helper. He picked Maya. It was just to funny how it all happened. She and Grandpa went to be his helper. Of course I didn't have my camera with me and my camera on phone I didn't know how to take a picture. When it was over we asked RMcD if he would take a pic with Maya and hubby took it with his phone. His is plain and simple.

Yesterday she seen RMcD in a commercial and she said there's RMcD that I did the magic show with. It was cute!

We went to my great nieces birthday party saturday afternoon. I don't see them to often so it was a nice visit.

Yesterday we went back down and took hubby's Mom to dinner. She has a cold or allergies thing going on and she didn't look to good, but she said she didn't feel bad. Thursday I have to take her for laser surgery on her eye. Hope she's feeling up to it.

I hope you get some answers re Hubby!

Maya stories are so nice:c9

I REALLY hope MIL is able to have the surgery done!!:hug

Jules :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

HAve a great one, ladies - BBL!

Good morning everyone. Judy, its cool and sunny here today as well. Supposedly its supposed to get up to 100 by Thursday, so I will enjoy the day today.

Last week I made this bread dough and although it wasn't the best bread I've ever eaten, it was good enough for me to repeat. The dough lasts 2 weeks in the fridge and turned into the best pizza dough I've ever made. I made one loaf of bread, 8 good size rolls and 3 individual pizza crusts out of the batch. The nice thing about it is that its ready to put in the oven 20 minutes after you shape it into something. I suppose it's probably better if you let it sit longer, but I wasn't organized enough for that. This dough was also the subject of an article in Mother Earth News where I found a bunch of variations for using the dough. Anyhow this is all leading up to the fact that I'm going to make more dough today.

Marlene, hope that you get hubby's test results soon. Also sending good wishes for your mils surgery. I love hearing your Maya stories. And my knee is somewhat better. It doesn't bother me much at all I wear the elastic support thingie if I'm on my feet a lot.

Julie, thinking of you.:hug

Joanne, glad you got to go to craft club.

Val, how long does it take you to get to your sister's in Alabama? Hope you have a good visit.

Linda, hang in there, the end is in sight!

Mary, how cute that you saw little bird.

Good morning ladies :hi

I started reading almost 45 minutes ago :eek I get sidetracked way too easily :blush Anyways, I went to the gym this morning for the 7:00 class and the girl called out that she couldn't make it :( So I just worked out in the fitness area and weight room....wish I threw my bathing suit in the car, I could've swam instead :shrug

Tonight we're meeting my cousin for dinner....the one going to Kuwait. He just got back from his Texas training that he was at for the past 3 weeks and he's back for 3 days I think. So we figured we can fit in another dinner :D Then he goes down to Atlanta (I think) for all the final checkups/paperwork and making sure everything is in order and then he officially leaves the States on July 6th I think :think I'm not positive on the dates, but it's close anyway.

I'm working on a baby blanket that I testing a pattern for that a fellow viller wrote up. It's working up interesting and I think it will be cute :yes I didn't get much graph ghan time in lately though :(

Mary - Since Gracie thinks she's a big dog, she probably thinks she can 'take down' whatever is making the noise of thunder :lol Little does she know, she can never get near where it comes from. Cute story about the bird, he's happy there and he knows he'll be well fed and cared for :manyheart

Judy - Oh boy, I'm glad to hear that nobody was injured in the lightening fire. Where are all of those people going? How cute of Lucy to watch the bouncing hail :lol

Val - Have a safe trip with your sister back to Bama.

Joanne - Glad to hear you made it to craft club!

Marlene - I love all your Maya stories :manyheart I hope everything works out alright with DH :hug as well as your mom and her eye surgery :hug

Cindy - Oooo, I love homemade bread. I used to make it all the time, but not since I moved in with my sister here. Maybe when I get back into my own place :think Enjoy!

Good morning/afternoon. I woke up slightly at 7:30 and went back to sleep and didn't actually wake up until 11:00. :lol I guess I was more tired than I thought.

I got another pattern set done on the current prayer shawl (3 rows) last night. There wil be another 3 or 4 and then it will be done.

Great story about Maya, Marlene. She is one special GD.

Have a great visit to Alabama, Val, even if it is short.

Julie, you are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug :hug :hug

Have a great day. :manyheart

Linda I haven't made yeast bread in years! I used to do it a lot when DS was an infant and napped alot - I was bored:lol Sounds so yummy!

Tonight we're meeting my cousin for dinner....the one going to Kuwait. He just got back from his Texas training that he was at for the past 3 weeks and he's back for 3 days I think. So we figured we can fit in another dinner :D Then he goes down to Atlanta (I think) for all the final checkups/paperwork and making sure everything is in order and then he officially leaves the States on July 6th I think :think I'm not positive on the dates, but it's close anyway.

I wish him well...and a safe homecoming.

I'm working on a baby blanket that I testing a pattern for that a fellow viller wrote up. It's working up interesting and I think it will be cute :yes I didn't get much graph ghan time in lately though :(Nice...looking forward to seeing the baby ghan!

Judy - Oh boy, I'm glad to hear that nobody was injured in the lightening fire. Where are all of those people going? How cute of Lucy to watch the bouncing hail :lol

Neighbors, friends and family were there for them....thankfully not all of the condo development was affected.

Hi House. I logged in early this a.m. and never made it back! DD called and needed me to watch Luke - they just left about 2. Needless to say, I'm way behind on everything. :lol I'm going to catch up on posts now. :)

Hi folks

Val

Hope you enjoyed your crochet-athon visit with your sister ! Who taught you guys, was it a relative, or one of you learned then taught the other ?

Did you get to make your Bama Run ?

Mary

Sounds like you fell right into the "Grandma " position just fine ! Remember when you used to ask me pointers before Luke arrived ? I knew you'd do great . Isn't it so much fun to see them grow and learn new things ?

Mary

WOW, your parents have been married SEVENTY THREE YEARS ? That is a L O N G time ... We just hit 35 ,the week of reunion .

Cindy

The story about the big dog wanting to sit on people's laps is funny . You guys who have pets all sound like it's so much fun .

Did you end up sewing the other day, or something else ?

Beautiful hydrangea ! I love those plants .

Good deal on the coffeemaker. Is your knee feeling any better by now ? Did you just hurt it, or is it just something that comes and goes ?

Linda

sounds like you had a safe journey home ! I bet your pup and also your neighbors are so glad to have you back.

Thanks for sharing the photos . They all turned out so nice ! I'll have to see if I can dig out a couple to post from reunion time .

I hope you and your neighbors can get the paint off your cars. Them guys should have known better than to paint with cars that close .

Sounds like John hasnt changed his ways any while you were gone . Sure will be good when you are able to get out of there once and for all.

Good news on the Dr checkup !

Marisa

Don't go for the guy in the pool unless he had a marshmallow fork in his hand,which I doubt he did if he was in the swimming pool !

If he DID, then RUN !! Or SWIM !!

The party for your parents sounds so nice. What kind of CAKE will you have ?

Best wishes for your cousin leaving for the middle east. Our Son in law has been sent there about 3 times now . I wish they'd pull all the rest of our guys out now.

Jude

Sounds like you had a fun shopping trip and found some neat new yarn to try out .

Boy you guys have been getting some humdinger rainstorms, havent you ?

Joanne

Did you find anything neat at the jewelry party ? I bet I'll find the answer when I read a bit farther along .

Also sounds like you found some really good deals when you went shopping .

I bet Ryan is so cute just getting his first little teeth ! They are always so cute when they have those first front teeth !

Marlene

Maya is so funny ! I bet she had a blast with Ronald MCDonald. We took Cam to see him at our local McD's when he was about 2 or 3 and he was scared of him . He kept looking at those BIG LONG red shoes ! Funny !

Sure hope you hear some results from your husband's doc soon . They are starting a thing here now where you can sign up to see all your medical records online if you want to. I havent done it, I'd rather hear the answers from a person instead of a computer screen .

Well, I TRIED catching up on posts . Havent been much in the mood to post ,so now I am a gazillion posts behind again .

Tomorrow is the big day ... Steph was planning on coming to visit after work, but her little girl got the stomach flu this afternoon,so she called to say she probably wouldnt come,didnt want me to get the flu,which I'd really rather not have ANY day of the year.

She was funny,trying to make me laugh. She said my neck will look like the lady in the waiting room in BeetleJuice,with the stitches clear acrss it .I know it sounds ODD but that's the type sense of humor we have I guess. I know she's trying to make me less nervous when she does it . I think it'll be ok though. A Routine thing they do probably hundreds of times a day .

I keep telling myself that if I can do the KNEE thing, this should be a breeze. There's just something about having a sharp knife coming at your neck that nakes you a little antsy .

I'll come in and post once I get home -- hoping it's a very short trip .

Are any of you signed up for the Crochet Olympic Game thing this year ? That'd be fun to do as a group if we could think of a good idea for it . I could pitch in a little bit on something .

Well, Sam just got in so time to make supper . Will check in again when I can.

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes for me. It means a lot to me ..:manyheart

Linda - I'm glad to hear you got some much needed rest :hug

Judy - I sure will wish my cousin well from you :hug

Well, guess what ladies.....another new patient today!!!!! Someone my sister works with and is on vacation this week, she's moving. So she wanted to come today. I'm now at 31! :D (That includes the new one scheduled for Saturday morning since he already filled out the online paperwork and has been imported to the system)

Mary - But isn't spending the day with Luke so worth being behind?! :devil

Julie - Sending you positive energy for tomorrow....you'll be just fine :hug As for my parents cake. It'll be vanilla with a pudding icing....it's our favorite in our hometown and so yummy. Their chocolate is a little dry so we always stick to vanilla and their icing is awesome....considering I usually scrape icing off because it's too sweet (and I love sweets) but I eat ALL this icing :lol

Archived