Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Mary - hope you feel better.

Joanne - glad you got home early and praying for good weather on tomorrow.

I'm requesting that you all pray for my friend back in Bama who lost her sister last month. Her son was in a bad accident this morning on his way to work. He went into surgery @11am central time and is still in there. Thanks everybody!

Prayers being said and positive thoughts!:hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went over to DDs and while she was cooking for tomorrow, I fed Ryan his dinner and then played with him for a bit before her friend who is a hairdresser came over and gave Ryan his first haircut! He was so good and looks like a 'big boy' now!

Rise and shine!!!!

I've been up since about 5:30 and have been tackling some of the overdue cleaning. It feels good to have gotten that done and it's only a little after 7! Looking forward to a fun day celebrating Ryan's 1st and being with all 3 of my DD's!!

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Good morning!

Thanks Joanne and. Judy! He made it through surgery but I don't have any details yet.

Joanne - what a way to end your week...timewith Ryan. Have a great day with your family. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!!!!

HAve a great day all!

BBL!

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. :manyheart A little better this a.m. and needs to be! DD and I are driving to my parents' town for a family lunch at Olive Garden.

I'm requesting that you all pray for my friend back in Bama who lost her sister last month. Her son was in a bad accident this morning on his way to work. He went into surgery @11am central time and is still in there. Thanks everybody!

Val ~ I hope your friend's son is going to be okay...sending prayers their way. :hug

Joanne ~ Happy Birthday to Ryan! :c9 It's so nice that you'll have all three of your daughters together this weekend!

Laura ~ Yay for cooler weather! It was 105* here yesterday.:eek Great progress on Aiden's sweater. :hook

Time for some caffeine because I really want to go back to bed. :lol

hi, everybody:hug

Val, my family moto is "No news is good news". Still praying.....

Joanne, Ryan must look so cute after his haircut! Enjoy the party!!

Mary, glad there's some improvement with that allergic type reaction you had! Love the Olive Garden....but it's usually too long a wait for us. After being on lines in the Army back in the day, DH detests waiting on line!:lol Enjoy:hug

It's so cool today (sorry, Mary:P) that DH is planning on doing some yard work. Need to fit it in in this window of time since the heat and humidity return on Monday:(

The treatment DS did on me yesterday (stronger ultrasound) helped me quite a bit. I was an experiment:lol Now if I can just stop bunching up my pillows and sleeping on my stomach too much maybe my sacroiliac will fell better. That's only a mild annoyance, compared to what the other thing was feeling like.

I'm on the right track.:D

have a good day my friends.

Morning house sisters :coffee

My darling is working overtime today so I get more :crocheting time in... :clap

Have completely finished the front of the sweater and am going to lightly block the front and back to shape up the edges and such. Will start on the sleeves today.

Judy - I make a lot of wearables mostly for my grandkids but I do make a fair amount for myself. With my status in Canada still processing I don't have a work permit yet so I really can't work. I have a lot of time on my hands. :think Eventually though I want to really concentrate on making boy's sweaters, tops and items and sell them. There is such a lack of clothing for boys that is different and nice...

So glad the treatment seems to be working and you are feeling better :clap

Joanne- What a great day you have planned. The 1st birthday...always so special. :) I know you will be enjoying today !

Val: I am lifting your friend up in prayer and praying for her son's healing...

Mary: So glad you are feeling better ! :clap If it was 105 by you yesterday, no wonder you had a headache! Is nice here this weekend...highs of about 24c which I think is about 75f (still trying to get this metric stuff down :lol)

I miss Olive Garden. We had a nice one in Baton Rouge. They don't have them in Ontario :(

Other than that and some mild annoyance from my ex (complaining about something about one of our grown kids, which is really not a big deal...I mean she is 30 she has to live her own life now...) which I just have the whatever attitude..not much going on. Will be working on the sleeves and hood for the sweater...and when Brian comes home I am hoping he is not too tired and perhaps we can go for a long cool walk along Lake Ontario later on......

post-61967-135897769468_thumb.jpg

Also meant to say...Tab.... hee hee I would have done the same thing, ended up deflating the tires...I am such a FAIL at a simple task like that. Deflated my kids soccer ball once instead of inflating it...they just rolled their eyes and moaned...Mooooommmmm........ :haha

HeeHee, yep that's me. :devil

This is my afghan so far! 16 more squares so far left to go but I will make more to get it bigger.

Beautiful! :clap

Valerie~Thank you! :)

Cindy~Yeah, I have one of those jogger strollers although I will never jog. :lol But it is great for our rough terrain hikes. ;)

Julie~I hope you are doing well. :manyheart

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, but we spent the day in Woodstock. :manyheart

Have a beautiful day my friends. :ghug

Good morning everyone. I'm back at the library. I was late and missed the doctor yesterday. Mapquest said 20 minutes to get there, but it took 45 in reality. He's supposed to call me. Then I went to John and Kim's and did my laundry there while watching Kim so that John could run errands. I hope to have cable and internet next week. When I got home a took a long nap and felt much better. I met my upstairs neighbor this morning. He seems very nice. He's lived at these apartments for over 20 years.

Lifting them both up in prayer.

Rise and shine!!!!

I've been up since about 5:30 and have been tackling some of the overdue cleaning. It feels good to have gotten that done and it's only a little after 7! Looking forward to a fun day celebrating Ryan's 1st and being with all 3 of my DD's!!

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

:birthday Happy Birthday, Ryan! :birthday

The treatment DS did on me yesterday (stronger ultrasound) helped me quite a bit. I was an experiment:lol Now if I can just stop bunching up my pillows and sleeping on my stomach too much maybe my sacroiliac will fell better. That's only a mild annoyance, compared to what the other thing was feeling like.

I'm on the right track.:D

have a good day my friends.

Yay! Glad the treatment helped. :hug

Morning house sisters :coffee

My darling is working overtime today so I get more :crocheting time in... :clap

Have completely finished the front of the sweater and am going to lightly block the front and back to shape up the edges and such. Will start on the sleeves today.

Eventually though I want to really concentrate on making boy's sweaters, tops and items and sell them. There is such a lack of clothing for boys that is different and nice...

That sounds like a nice idea.

Other than that and some mild annoyance from my ex (complaining about something about one of our grown kids, which is really not a big deal...I mean she is 30 she has to live her own life now...) which I just have the whatever attitude..not much going on. Will be working on the sleeves and hood for the sweater...and when Brian comes home I am hoping he is not too tired and perhaps we can go for a long cool walk along Lake Ontario later on......

Hi, Laura. I'm Linda. I was a care giver/companion for a lady who's had 3 strokes until last week when I moved into my own apartment. I've got 2 grown children and 1 grandson. Once our kids are grown they make their own decisions and there's not much we can do about their choices. Your ex should know that by now.

I'm going to go back and catch up on more posts now. I have missed all of you and can't wait to have computer access at home again. :hug

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Last night I did not crochet at all, just layed on the couch doing NOTHING while watching tv :eek I usually need to have something to do, guess I just needed a break :think

I went to the walk/run this morning and passed out several cards while there and met some really nice people. There was a 'tailgate' party after and I had a piece of pizza and a hot dog and boy were they yummy :D They also had coffee and donuts for bfast, but I ate before I left so skipped the donut. Then there was an ice cream company giving out 16 oz milkshakes that were still frozen like ice cream. I passed on that too, just because it was too much....if they were smaller I would've indulged but since I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it and didn't want to waste it...... :shrug

Then I had to run up to the bank and was over near the office, so decided to jump in while I was over here. Plus, I'm going to make a 'to do' list for Monday....I always seem to forget what I need to do until the end of the day when it's not ideal to make phone calls to other offices :think:oops

Val - It's amazing how much energy I can have when I need to :lol Praying for your friend and her son :hug

Laura - It surely is a risk to take and if I didn't have the support of my parents, sister, and her bf.....I wouldn't be able to take that risk on my own so I owe them big time! They all jumped in to take this risk with me and it's slow going, but at least it's going :yes They always told us in school that we shouldn't expect to see any profit for at least 2 years :eek So I was prepared, but they never told us how until we should expect to at least break even :think:shrug WTG on your sweater!

Mary - Hope your allergies are doing better, you can develop them at any age :eek Enjoy the Olive Garden, I often get either one of the specials or chicken scampi :drool I love their alfredo, but find it doesn't reheat well and after all the salad and breadsticks, I usually only take a couple bites of the meal :lol

Cindy - I'm trying a join as you go now for the first time and don't think I'm doing it right. I have a fairly large ridge along the back for the joining, but at least it actually looks cute, so I left it as such :yes

Joanne - Oh boy, out of work at 2:30.....it's like a long weekend for you! :clap And a mani too :bounce Enjoy Ryan's party today :cake

Judy - Great idea on ds's part to turn up that ultrasound, the pulse helps to move the fluid around. I don't have a US machine, but will at some point....but I'll turn up the electric stim for fluid too.....the higher pulse is definitely better for that purpose :yes

Tab - Great to 'see' you again :hug Did you get the tires fixed on the stroller?

Linda - Sorry to hear you missed your doctor appt :( Was it just a check up or do you have something going on? Great that you were able to do your laundry at John's while watching Kim :clap And it's great your neighbors been there so long....says something for the management :yes

Hi everyone...

Taking a break after I had to completely frog my sleeve I had done after it was 2/3 of the way through. This was due to the fact that it was already the size it was supposed to be in the end (even though my gauge is correct...) so I am going to re do it a hook size lower. Also errata in pattern... grrr...the number of increases don't work out to final stitch count. I think that there should have been one more increase but it got omitted., because then it would work out correctly :( this is in a printed pattern too... I am doing the "Allover Pullover" which is in the August issue of Crochet World...

Hey Tab you went to Woodstock? Is that as in the peace and love place of my hippy youth? ;) I want to make one of those old 6070's long crochet vests like they wore back then. Everyone I see though involves cutting the yarn and making it in pieces. I think you can (and should be able) to do it in one piece and I have the idea for it in my head...one of these days I might materialize it on paper and yarn ;)

Linda- so nice to meet you. I hope you get moved in ok. Moving is such a major hassle...

You are right about grown kids making their own decisions. I don't say anything unless they are doing something illegal (which thankfully they are not). That is what prayer is for. If I think they are on the wrong course I pray,. However how can they follow their dreams if you don't let them.

Marisa - just caught your post before I posted ;) I think it is a risk anytime you start a business. My daughter and her husband have a pretty successful bistro in Virginia (he is a chef). The first two years or so they really struggled though and I can remember I helped them out a bit...but then it caught on and they did/are doing ok. It is good you have support and I know you will be successful...just keep plugging along...after all you didn't go to school for nothing and your skills will become known and appreciated by your patients.

Well off to rework this sleeve......hope to make some progress before Brian gets home and I hook him :lol into going out for a walk along the lake. Don't think he will object as I don't think he's too busy at work. He just posted me something on my facebook :lol

Hello everyone.

Val, sorry to hear about your friends son, Sending prayers. Any updates? Hopefully no news is good news.

I also have a prayer request. We just found out that my nephews youngest daughter who is nearly a year old has a very serious heart problem. No real details yet, but it is a condition that usually requires transplant. They have just moved to Boston, so have limited friend and family support. I'm pretty sure that her parents or my brother and sister in law will step in to remedy that in the near future though.

Judy glad ds came up with a treatment that is so effective. Hopefully it won't be long before he has you all fixed up. The weather is much cooler here today too. We even turned our air off last night and opened windows, although the air is on again now. I sleep better with the fresh air than with the air conditioning going.

Mary, hope you are getting break from the heat today as well.

Joanne, how wonderful that all your dd's will be able to be at Ryan's birthday party. It doesn't seem like a year can have passed already! have fun at the party.

Laura, a walk by the lake sounds wonderful to me. Hope Brian isnt too tired to go. Hmm....wonder if I can get dh to go to lake Michigan this evening. I was thinking we should take the inlaws out, since they are close to housebound, but we can do that next week. Dh's younger brother often takes them out on Saturdays, and I haven't even called them yet.

Marisa, the join as you go pattern I'm using also creates a ridge at the joins. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right, and since the ridge is on the back of the afghan, and will define the shapes of the motifs, I think it will look good. I seldom watch tv, but last night I also sat and watched tv without doing anything else. Must have been something in the air.

Linda, it's so good to hear from you. Hope you are slowly, but steadily getting settled in your new home. sorry you missed your doctors appointment.

Hi Tab, are you and all the "menfolk" at your house up to anything today?

I've done nothing at all today, except reading and crocheting. I really should do a few loads of laundry, and maybe I wills till get to it.....

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Last night I did not crochet at all, just layed on the couch doing NOTHING while watching tv :eek I usually need to have something to do, guess I just needed a break :think

I went to the walk/run this morning and passed out several cards while there and met some really nice people. There was a 'tailgate' party after and I had a piece of pizza and a hot dog and boy were they yummy :D They also had coffee and donuts for bfast, but I ate before I left so skipped the donut. Then there was an ice cream company giving out 16 oz milkshakes that were still frozen like ice cream. I passed on that too, just because it was too much....if they were smaller I would've indulged but since I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it and didn't want to waste it...... :shrug

Then I had to run up to the bank and was over near the office, so decided to jump in while I was over here. Plus, I'm going to make a 'to do' list for Monday....I always seem to forget what I need to do until the end of the day when it's not ideal to make phone calls to other offices :think:oops

Val - It's amazing how much energy I can have when I need to :lol Praying for your friend and her son :hug

Laura - It surely is a risk to take and if I didn't have the support of my parents, sister, and her bf.....I wouldn't be able to take that risk on my own so I owe them big time! They all jumped in to take this risk with me and it's slow going, but at least it's going :yes They always told us in school that we shouldn't expect to see any profit for at least 2 years :eek So I was prepared, but they never told us how until we should expect to at least break even :think:shrug WTG on your sweater!

Mary - Hope your allergies are doing better, you can develop them at any age :eek Enjoy the Olive Garden, I often get either one of the specials or chicken scampi :drool I love their alfredo, but find it doesn't reheat well and after all the salad and breadsticks, I usually only take a couple bites of the meal :lol

Cindy - I'm trying a join as you go now for the first time and don't think I'm doing it right. I have a fairly large ridge along the back for the joining, but at least it actually looks cute, so I left it as such :yes

Joanne - Oh boy, out of work at 2:30.....it's like a long weekend for you! :clap And a mani too :bounce Enjoy Ryan's party today :cake

Judy - Great idea on ds's part to turn up that ultrasound, the pulse helps to move the fluid around. I don't have a US machine, but will at some point....but I'll turn up the electric stim for fluid too.....the higher pulse is definitely better for that purpose :yes

Tab - Great to 'see' you again :hug Did you get the tires fixed on the stroller?

Linda - Sorry to hear you missed your doctor appt :( Was it just a check up or do you have something going on? Great that you were able to do your laundry at John's while watching Kim :clap And it's great your neighbors been there so long....says something for the management :yes

Yes, my Hubby fixed the stroller tires. I have no idea why I could not figure out how to put air in a tire. :think:lol

And you should never feel guilty about laying around....we all need days like that. ;)

Hi everyone...

Taking a break after I had to completely frog my sleeve I had done after it was 2/3 of the way through. This was due to the fact that it was already the size it was supposed to be in the end (even though my gauge is correct...) so I am going to re do it a hook size lower. Also errata in pattern... grrr...the number of increases don't work out to final stitch count. I think that there should have been one more increase but it got omitted., because then it would work out correctly :( this is in a printed pattern too... I am doing the "Allover Pullover" which is in the August issue of Crochet World...

Hey Tab you went to Woodstock? Is that as in the peace and love place of my hippy youth? ;) I want to make one of those old 6070's long crochet vests like they wore back then. Everyone I see though involves cutting the yarn and making it in pieces. I think you can (and should be able) to do it in one piece and I have the idea for it in my head...one of these days I might materialize it on paper and yarn ;)

Linda- so nice to meet you. I hope you get moved in ok. Moving is such a major hassle...

You are right about grown kids making their own decisions. I don't say anything unless they are doing something illegal (which thankfully they are not). That is what prayer is for. If I think they are on the wrong course I pray,. However how can they follow their dreams if you don't let them.

Marisa - just caught your post before I posted ;) I think it is a risk anytime you start a business. My daughter and her husband have a pretty successful bistro in Virginia (he is a chef). The first two years or so they really struggled though and I can remember I helped them out a bit...but then it caught on and they did/are doing ok. It is good you have support and I know you will be successful...just keep plugging along...after all you didn't go to school for nothing and your skills will become known and appreciated by your patients.

Well off to rework this sleeve......hope to make some progress before Brian gets home and I hook him :lol into going out for a walk along the lake. Don't think he will object as I don't think he's too busy at work. He just posted me something on my facebook :lol

Yep, good ole hippy Woodstock....I have always been told I should have been a flower child. I hated leaving, it tears at my heart every time we drive away. :( I'll attach a couple pics of a lil piece of Woodstock for ya. ;)

Hello everyone.

Val, sorry to hear about your friends son, Sending prayers. Any updates? Hopefully no news is good news.

I also have a prayer request. We just found out that my nephews youngest daughter who is nearly a year old has a very serious heart problem. No real details yet, but it is a condition that usually requires transplant. They have just moved to Boston, so have limited friend and family support. I'm pretty sure that her parents or my brother and sister in law will step in to remedy that in the near future though.

Judy glad ds came up with a treatment that is so effective. Hopefully it won't be long before he has you all fixed up. The weather is much cooler here today too. We even turned our air off last night and opened windows, although the air is on again now. I sleep better with the fresh air than with the air conditioning going.

Mary, hope you are getting break from the heat today as well.

Joanne, how wonderful that all your dd's will be able to be at Ryan's birthday party. It doesn't seem like a year can have passed already! have fun at the party.

Laura, a walk by the lake sounds wonderful to me. Hope Brian isnt too tired to go. Hmm....wonder if I can get dh to go to lake Michigan this evening. I was thinking we should take the inlaws out, since they are close to housebound, but we can do that next week. Dh's younger brother often takes them out on Saturdays, and I haven't even called them yet.

Marisa, the join as you go pattern I'm using also creates a ridge at the joins. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right, and since the ridge is on the back of the afghan, and will define the shapes of the motifs, I think it will look good. I seldom watch tv, but last night I also sat and watched tv without doing anything else. Must have been something in the air.

Linda, it's so good to hear from you. Hope you are slowly, but steadily getting settled in your new home. sorry you missed your doctors appointment.

Hi Tab, are you and all the "menfolk" at your house up to anything today?

I've done nothing at all today, except reading and crocheting. I really should do a few loads of laundry, and maybe I wills till get to it.....

Nah, we're just hanging around. I am making macaroni salad and chili dogs, but that's about it. ;)

Crocheting and reading is not doing nothing.....it sounds like the perfect day to me. :yes

Joanne~Have fun with your 3 DD's and Ryan. Happy Birthday Ryan!! :cake

Judy~I am glad you are getting relief from the US treatment. I think sleeping does more damage to our bodies than we realize unless you sleep in perfect alignment which I do not....I'm a flip-flopper as my Hubby would say. I always wake up with neck, shoulder, arm, and wrist pain. It goes away after a bit. ;)

Julie~You okay? How are you doing? :manyheart

post-5371-135897769477_thumb.jpg

post-5371-13589776948_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897769484_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone...

Thanks for the pep talk :wink Sorry to hear about your frogging adventure :( I hope it comes out good this time :xfin

Hello everyone.

Definitely sending prayers to your nephews family and daughter :hug

I think I'm just not a fan of the ridge :think:lol

Tab - Great pics!!! :manyheart

Well, I'm glad I came by today....a current patient called a few minutes ago to see if she can come by, she's having a bad headache :( So bitter sweet.....Glad I have a patient coming, not glad about the headache :shrug

Just finished up catching up on all the posts I've missed, but lost all my things I wanted to reply to when the computer timed out. :sigh I guess I'll just have to say that the pictures of all your projects posted last week are absolutely gorgeous. :clap :clap :clap And the picture of Eli is perfect blackmail for later. Sounds like Jaden's is too.

Julie, it's good to hear that you are improving with each day.

It started to rain just as we were finishing moving in the last few things of mine on the 10th and we've had a thunderstorm &/or rain every day since then. It's been much needed. Sweet Pea is doing well although she hasn't quite figured out everything yet. I've met all my immediate neighbors and some others as well. All seem very nice. I've eaten a lot of peanut butter and jam sandwiches so far. :lol I just found the box with my silverware 2 days ago and still haven't found my everyday dishes or storage containers for the fridge. Maybe I'll find them later today. I've been making do with plastic plates and utensils so far. I've found part of my pots and pans and the microwave works. I've still got boxes in front of the stove though.

I've done a little crocheting, but not a lot. I was at the prayer shawl group Thursday night and started laughing when I realized I don't have a clue where the rest of the yarn for that prayer shawl is. Oh, well. It will show up sooner or later.

I've had a few things that don't work and the maintenance guy has fixed them up very promptly, which is nice. There's a tremendous amount to do with the unpacking, but with each box there is a bit more room in the apartment and it is sooooo nice to have my things out again! I've taken before and after pictures of before moving in and after moving in and will have more after pictures when the boxes are gone.

JC is going to Texas the beginning of next month and has asked me to stay with Kim while he is gone. He is paying me so I said yes. He's had interest in the house but no offers so far. Yesterday they had guys there working on a broken water line, another unexpected expense for him. He really appreciated me watching Kim yesterday as he ran errands and went grocery shopping. (And I got my laundry done for free.)

For the new gals, Welcome! I was a nurse for 14 years then switched careers and was in accounting for 12 years. I've been Kim's companion/care giver for the last 8 years. (She's had 3 major strokes and paralyzed on the right side and unable to speak.) Now I'm on my own, but still helping them out now and then. They are moving to Texas to be near their son and grandchildren and I decided to stay here in Cumming.

My doctor's appointment was just a 6 month check-up with my kidney doctor and I don't think there's any problem since the labs came back fine last month. And by not seeing him I save $100. As long as I watch my diet and avoid NSAIDs I seem to do fine.

I'll try to check in here at the library more often until I have service at the apartment. Know that I am thinking of all of you and miss you lots and lots. :manyheart

Definitely sending prayers to your nephews family and daughter :hug

I think I'm just not a fan of the ridge :think:lol

Well, I'm glad I came by today....a current patient called a few minutes ago to see if she can come by, she's having a bad headache :( So bitter sweet.....Glad I have a patient coming, not glad about the headache :shrug

Thanks for the prayers. I frogged my joins and am rejoining the motifs with the ridge in the front. since this is a quilt based pattern the ridge adds to the design. I don't think I would like it for every kind of pattern though. Sewing definitely looks better for most things.

Its so great you were available for your patient. That's the kind of thing that gets you good publicity.

Dh just asked me if I wanted to go out to lake Michigan, so off I go to get ready!

Oh, poor thing...and poor parents!! Prayers for them, too....:hug:manyheart

I'll pass your comment on to DS! Thanks!

Linda, good to hear from you! I hope you find the important stuff (like the yarn) soon!

:lol

Juleeeeeeeee

Come out, come out, wherever you are!! Miss you!:manyheart:hug

Back form our outing to the lake. It was pretty hot here, but it was cloudy and looked like rain out by the lake, and the wind was cold. We walked along the boardwalk in Grand Haven, sat on a bench by the water and people watched for a while and then, when we got too cold, went out for dinner. We had a great time, just walking and chatting,but I'm tired now, and ready for bed, even though its only 8 PM.

Good night everyone!

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick note. I started reading all the commets but I think being outside all day has me tired out. I'm going to go to bed early.

Prayers for everyone asking for them. I'll catch up in the morning. Hope everyone has a good night.

Good Morning, House. :) Yesterday was a very long day, but DD and I had fun in the car! It was 109* at 6:00 last evening. :eek

Cindy ~ Your nephew's little one will be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug Your trip to the lake sounds really nice. :)

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're liking your new apartment and meeting neighbors! Yay for getting the internet soon. :D

As soon as it's light enough, I will be out watering flowers and pots. We're lucky to have a sprinkler system, but it doesn't take care of everything.

Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning!

Had a blast yesterday! :) It was so good to see my oldest DD and have all three of them together!! Ryan was his usual happy-go-lucky self and a good time was had by all. The weather couldn't have been nicer! I have to upload my pics to the computer and I'll try and get to that later on today.

Cindy- Prayers for your nephew's DD. :hug Children's Hospital in Boston is one of the most experienced heart transplant programs in the country. Hard to be away from family, but being in Boston is a good place to be with any kind of ailment. There are many top rated hospitals there. I will definitely be keeping them in my thoughts. On a lighter note, That boardwalk is beautiful!!! :c9 What a great way to finish up the day!!!!

Linda- I'm so glad that you are settling in and meeting neighbors. Slow and steadily it will all get done. JC is really going to miss you when they move to TX, and I'm glad that he is going to pay you to watch over Kim when he goes there in a few weeks. Just like you miss us, we miss you around here, too!!! :hug

Tab- Loved the pics of Woodstock--brings back memories of my youth. Although I didn't attend Woodstock, I sure do remember that era...I was just a tad young to have attended Woodstock- I was 13 years old.

Laura- The sweater is coming along nicely- but sorry you had to frog and that there seemed to be errors in the pattern. That is so frustrating. It's an adorable sweater though!!! Did you and Brian get to go on the walk around Lake Ontario?

Judy- Glad that the US seems to be helping. I chuckled when you posted that you were DS's experiment:lol. Did DH get in the yard work yesterday? I just looked outside in the back yard and I see some weeding that needs to be done.!

Mary- Wow! 109 degrees!!! I'd be baked!!! We've been lucky that the storms on Thursday brought pleasant temps for the weekend- but like Judy mentioned, the temps will begin climbing again tomorrow. I don't think we've ever had 109 degrees! But, anything over 90 is bad IMO!

Marlene- Hope you got a good nights sleep!

Marisa- Nothing wrong with a night of doing nothing!! It was your body's way of telling you, it's time to rest me!

Julie- Thinking of you!!!!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Ryan- his actual birthday is Tuesday, but that day wouldn't have worked out for a party!:lol

Off to put the laundry on and get another cup of coffee.

Hi, ladies.

Joanne, looking forward to seeing the pictures!

DH did do the yard work...almost overdid it - again - but bounced back after a few hours. He still hasn't learned to pace himself.

Cindy, that boardwalk looks beautiful! You know how much we love walkign by the water, too - unfortunately, our favorite area at UnionBeach, facing lower Manhattan, has been converted to a Pay and Park so we don't go there much, except to drive by:angry

A day of watching the British Open ahead of us...and am making lasagna for dinner.

DH is so hapy I like to watch sports with him. I gues it helps that I grew up with 2 brothers. :lol

Have a great day, my friends:hug

Hi, ladies.

Joanne, looking forward to seeing the pictures!

DH did do the yard work...almost overdid it - again - but bounced back after a few hours. He still hasn't learned to pace himself. He sounds alot like me- when I get my mind on something that needs to be done, I just do it to get it done with- even if I should pace myself. Talking about the weeding and I went out there this morning and got it done. My back started barking a little- but finished and then took a nice hot long shower- and feel great!

Cindy, that boardwalk looks beautiful! You know how much we love walkign by the water, too - unfortunately, our favorite area at UnionBeach, facing lower Manhattan, has been converted to a Pay and Park so we don't go there much, except to drive by:angry

A day of watching the British Open ahead of us...and am making lasagna for dinner.

DH is so hapy I like to watch sports with him. I gues it helps that I grew up with 2 brothers. :lol

Have a great day, my friends:hug

I think I'm more of a sports nut than my DH---:lol When we first started dating, he asked me to do something on a Sunday- and the Giants were playing- so I told him, my plans involve watching the Giants today- you are more than welcome to join me, or we'll have to make plans for another day!:lol

Laundry is ready for the dryer- off I go........

Good morning housemates!

Mary - OMG soooo hot! Stay cool. What do you have planned for the day?

Cindy - praying for your little great niece. Your trip to the lake sounds wonderful.

Joanne - sooooo glad you had all your girls with you. Glad you all had a wonderful time and great weather. Patiently waiting for pictures.

Linda - glad to hear from you because we miss you too. I bet John is missing you as well.

Laura - sorry you had to frog. The sweater is nice. Did you go for your walk?

Judy - how was getting up this morning? My mom and dad always watched sports together. She knew just as much if not more about it than he did.

Marlene - happy to hear from you! Hope you got some much needed rest.

Marisa - can't imagine you doing nothing but it's probably what you needed!

Julie - Missing YOU!

I did nothing yesterday except hang out in the living room looking at movies all day. I did not pick up a hook.

I haven't heard anything about my friend's son. However, my Bama neighborhood lost another member. One of the few left in my mom's age group

It was not a surprise, she was in the nursing home.

I definitely have to crochet today...so have a great day ladies and I'll check back later!

Archived