Our House Part Two

JulieKay

OK, so here is the baby ghan. Disregard the still attached tail :lol

I got a pic of the front and back. I also got a close up of my ridge from doing the join as you go. I don't think it's the ridge that's 'supposed' to be there, but I like the look of it so kept going with it :shrug

And I've made blankets with that top ridge - I think they really look quilt-like that way:hook

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, so here is the baby ghan. Disregard the still attached tail :lol

I got a pic of the front and back. I also got a close up of my ridge from doing the join as you go. I don't think it's the ridge that's 'supposed' to be there, but I like the look of it so kept going with it :shrug

That is really pretty.

And I've made blankets with that top ridge - I think they really look quilt-like that way:hook

I agree that it makes the blanket look quilted.

Marisa ~ Your baby 'ghan is sooo pretty! Beautiful work and I love the way you joined the squares. :clap Your dogs were better trained than ours. :lol

Cindy ~ Enjoy your new haircut! I agree about the salad bars...you don't see them often anymore. :think Have a nice dinner with your in-laws. :)

Laura ~ Oh, it's great that the sweater remake is working! I too have a Brian. :manyheart

Judy ~ Have a good time at book club tonight. As much as I love the Pottery Barn look with light, neutral colors, it won't work here! We bought new furniture last fall and it's all pet/grandkids proof. :lol

I'm working on the fish 'ghan and already thinking about colors for another one. :hook

And the thunder storm begins....if I lose power, I'll see y'all tomorrow :wink

that's what's coming here tonight! I'll be driving the one block to book club:lol...after I disconnect my computer!

Hello everyone.......

Well Maya still won't go outside with the :rain drizzling and such. Once again had to put her on a leash and take her outside for her dog business :dog

Cindy- Glad your haircut turned out good. I have had some hairdresser suggestions that were good and some not so good. Glad yours was ok !

Hope you have a nice dinner with the in laws...you are right, salad bars are not easy to find in restaurants anymore...a pity 'cause I love em :)

Heh you are right about the bedspread...in fact I think that about most anything I bring into the house, as Maya's hair can be like a little tumbleweed if I don't vacuum daily..

Marisa - that blanket is beautiful...I love the colorway !!:cheer It doesn't matter about the ridge...only we ever see these things, not the recipient :hook I think it looks just fine with it in there........

Mary - Brian's are awesome, everyone should have one :lol I can't wait to see the finished fish 'ghan

Judy - hmm your book club sounds like my kiinda place !!!! :D What a great idea for a neighborhood gathering...

Yes I see that you can relate to the hair coloring bit :lol

Love the pics of the dogs and the butterfly !!!!

Of course that is typical of dogs on a hot day...or any day actually :lol:lol

Laura, I have to put our big male on a leash and take him in the yard if there's thunder or fireworks...and if the 104 pound moose decides not to cooperate I really have no choice...often the best solution is to crate him till everything calms down!

I'm going to turn off my puter just in case t/storms pass through...cu all in the morning.

Joanne - you'll get through the meeting. We chose to move...our heat breaks every winter and our air every summer. You can actually hear people snore. It's a very large apt but we just can't take all the problems anymore.

Judy - I am so glad Sparkie is permitted upstairs again. They are both so adorable. Stay cool while out and about!

Laura - your Maya is adorable as well.

The meeting got cancelled-but rescheduled for another day- but I was happy!

Hope that the new apartment is much better --I wouldn't like no heat/no ac- and dealing with all that either!!!

Just finished reading all the posts, and now it's gotten very dark out and the thunder is starting so I'm going to turn off the computer and I'll post in the AM

Loved the baby blanket Marisa

Loved the pics that you shared Judy and Laura!!!

Good morning!

Wow- there were some pretty strong storms that came through last night- my DD's friend posted a pic of a tree down in her yard- smooshed the shed, and luckily not the house!!! No damage here, and power stayed on. Still hot/humid out though so I guess maybe we are in for some T-storms today!

Judy- forgot to comment last night on the great pics!

Off to get ready for an early day...plan is to leave on time tonight and begin the weekend!

Have a good Friday everyone!

morning, ladies

Thanks for the compliments on the pics...I'm getting to be a little too much with the camera and have to watch it:blush

Joanne, good thing the tree fell the other way! We had no wind to speak of, but the thunder and lightening put on quite a show. I took my car to the meeting last night and it all worked out.

The way the weather forecasters were talking about rain, wind, tornado warnings...I was just waiting for them to mention locusts:lol I turned the channel to something mindless after seeing so much negativity.

Have a great day, my friends. Linda - missing you!

:coffee Morning everyone !

Geez I wish my neighbor would turn off their beeping car alarm already !:thair It's been over 5 mins now !

Joanne - wow so glad nothing serious happened to you in the storms!!! You don't want a tree on the roof..hmm no that is for sure.

Judy - :lol on the weather forecast. You should hush, locusts may be next ! :lol

Shouldn't have been too hard for you to find something mindless on tv...that is about every other channel... :) How did your book club go? Did they like your beer ? :)

Hope everyone is doing good this morning. Finally managed to take some pics of Aiden's scarf and blog the scarf and pattern. Pattern is on my blog and here is the finished work below.

Think I am going to make a crock pot - pot roast today. I got a beauty of a roast the other day at a sale price and I am dying to eat it !

Ugh the horn is still going on the car alarm...hmm I am ready to go outside and.......

hmm I need to have patience and get out my yarn ! :yarn I am currently on the last piece of the sweater, the hood.............

post-61967-135897770463_thumb.jpg

post-61967-135897770468_thumb.jpg

post-61967-135897770471_thumb.jpg

Hi House! I just saw pictures of the storms in the NE...I hope everyone is safe and dry. :manyheart

Laura ~ Aiden's scarf is wonderful! :cheer Thanks for sharing the pattern. :)

I'm leaving in a few minutes to babysit for Luke. Their house remodel is nearly complete, so DD is taking care of last minute things with the contractor. "Move back home" date is August 8th.

Have a good morning! :ghug

This is for all of my dog loving sisters... :dog

Saw this on facebook...........

Cute, but "sleep" should go in there after done! Every dog we've ever had could sleep anywhere, in any position, and often did!

:coffee Morning everyone !

Geez I wish my neighbor would turn off their beeping car alarm already !:thair It's been over 5 mins now !

Joanne - wow so glad nothing serious happened to you in the storms!!! You don't want a tree on the roof..hmm no that is for sure.

Judy - :lol on the weather forecast. You should hush, locusts may be next ! :lol

Shouldn't have been too hard for you to find something mindless on tv...that is about every other channel... :) How did your book club go? Did they like your beer ? :)

Hope everyone is doing good this morning. Finally managed to take some pics of Aiden's scarf and blog the scarf and pattern. Pattern is on my blog and here is the finished work below.

Think I am going to make a crock pot - pot roast today. I got a beauty of a roast the other day at a sale price and I am dying to eat it !

Ugh the horn is still going on the car alarm...hmm I am ready to go outside and.......

hmm I need to have patience and get out my yarn ! :yarn I am currently on the last piece of the sweater, the hood.............

I really like this scarf. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

Hmm, pot roast sounds good, maybe later this week. I have chicken marinating to grill tonight. Its really gloomy and looks like rain here, but I guess we can put the grill under the balcony and grill in the rain.

Good morning everyone. Hope all in the path of storms are safe. It's gloomy here, but no signs of rain or storms. We could really use rain though. DD and the four boys are coming over today, so it's probably just as well if it stays dry!

We had a good time out to dinner with the inlaws last night, although I think going out will soon be too much for my fil. He appears to really enjoy himself, but he is so exhausted after a couple of hours. He's 85 and in pretty poor health.

Plans for today are laundry, vacuuming and visiting with dd and the boys. I expect they will stay for dinner, so I will have to do something different with the chicken. I'm not sure the boys will like marinated grilled chicken.

Good morning ladies :hi

Shortly after I got home last night the power went out :eek So I sat an crocheted by the windows since it was still light out. When I started to get too hot and the yarn kept sticking to my hands, I went downstairs to get a snack and we decided to go out to eat. So we went to a tavern near my office for wings and the Pirates game. The power was back on before we got home, but it was still a while because our neighbor text us when it came back on since she didn't go out with us.

I went to the gym swimming this morning and then ran to the bread store to get my dad their specialty foccacia and a loaf of rye bread. I'm going to Palmyra (Hershey) today after I finish with my patients.....I have 3 in a row :clap ...... my parents are coming down to the party tomorrow so I'll see them there and then we'll switch cars so I have their van for the trip to the beach in a few weeks :yes I'll drive back Monday so not sure when I'll be back. I may or may not get a chance to check in during the weekend.

Judy - Great pic of the dogs and the flowers with the butterfly :manyheart

Laura - I love the scarf :manyheart And your pot roast sounds like a great idea.

Joanne - I hope your Friday is not too crazy at work :hug

Mary - Have fun babysitting Luke today :yes

Cindy - I love marinated grilled chicken :drool What will you make for the boys?

Morning housemates!

Joanne - glad you didn't have to suffer through the meeting. Thank God everyone made it through the storms. Hope your day goes as fast as the weekends.

Cindy - glad your're getting some time with your grands and dd. Have a great time with your family. How do you entertain 4 boys when they're there?

Laura - did your neighbors finally take care of the car alarm? Nice scarf!

Mary - enjoy your time with Luke. Stay cool!!

Judy - glad you had no serious weather problems.

Marlene, Linda and Marisa - HELLO!!

Have a great day ALL!!!

Hi Ladies,

Val, Great news your friends son was able to go home. Hope your feeling better.

Judy, Your rrs always look great. Cute pics of the dogs. Glad Lucy made it upstairs now. Pretty flowers and nice being able to catch a butterfly in a pic to. My hair is a dark auburn (was red when I was a kid) many years ago I colored it red and loved the color, but it wasn't that street corner red. I get asked if I color my hair and not sure why when they can see the gray or maybe they think I should because the gray is showing. I happen to like for the time being.

Laura, Glad the redo of the sweater is working. Speaking of losing and refinding your fireproof box. Something I learned when hubby had to sign up for social security any of us who have been through a divorce you need information from them so don't throw them away thinking you will never need them. They want information on the ex and lots more that you may not remember. My hubby is one who would of liked to throw them away years ago but I told him you may need them one day and we did. It saved us from calling his ex. We did his online which was nice because other wise we would of had to make a trip back to an office.

Cute pic of Maya. She looks quite content traveling. Are Roxy did the hotel stay once and was scared to death to go in. It took a lot of coaking.

When I use to make lemon merginue pies I used Ann Landers recipe, Never Fail Lemon Merginue Pie. Yummy! I bet yours was to.

Very nice scarf for Aiden. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

I had a boyfriend in 3rd grade and his name was brian and he was a redhead. They moved away, but I have never forgotten him. Must of been a really big crush.

Mary, Glad your feeling better. You might want to check weather.com to see what the allergies are in your area. I did that last winter when I had that crude that lasted forever.

Have a fun day with Luke. It won't be to long DD and family will be back in there new home. How exciting!

Joanne, Ryans birthday sounds like a great celebration and a new tradition. Hope today goes by quickly in paradise so you can enjoy your weekend.

Cindy, My body doesn't like those nights with only 5 hours of sleep. Hope you got the need rest. Glad you like the new haircut. We don't come across to many places with a salad bar either. Greenville had a Pondersa up until a few months ago. We do frequent a little restaurant back home in Mulliken that has a small salad bar with homemade potato salad, coleslaw, sometimes macaroni salad, salad fixins and 2 or 3 soups. His dinner specials always come with salad bar. I prefer breakfast there. Yummy bisuits and gravy. The closest to what we made at the restaurant I worked at.

Enjoy the day with DD and GS's.

Nadine, Hope you come back again soon.

Marisa, Way to go passing out more cards. The babyghan is really pretty. I like the join as you go method you used. I've never tried a join as you go before. Have a fun weekend!

Linda & Julie, Missing you both!

Wednesday was library day and Maya had a great time. As soon as we got in the car she told me she had a great time and thanked me for taking her to the library. And again yesterday she told she me she had a great time.

I will share that with the ladies at the library so they know someone appreciates all there hard work they put into making the last day a success. They divided the kis (30) into groups and we visited 6 different areas with each a different activity. First you received a sheet of foam and they had stickly foam shapes, the kids created pictures. Then we moved outside to bubbles and sidewalk chalk and a popsicle. Then inside to a hide and seek game, they used the primary colors and you had to find 5 things of each color in a certain area. Then off to hear a story and a lady who acted it out. Then off to a short movie. Then off to play bingo. Maya was very lucky at bingo and won 4 times and said I hope the girl over there wins she was the only one who hadn't, and the girl won. If Maya would of won again I was going to ask her to let the little girl pick out something. Last but not least we all had an ice cream sundae, a cookie and water. They have drawing for different things and Maya won a book bag. They try make it so every child leaves that day with a prize.

While at the library doing the hide and seek I found a new crochet book to the library. It's called "Unexpected Afghans". It's available it says through interweave.com. It has many well known designers with a project in it. It has tips in it by designers. I just thumbed through while the story and movie time was going on.

Thursday was a long day for all of us. It stormed wednesday night and none of us slept well. Maya spent sometime with her Mom. She drove up and they went to lunch and shopping for school. She found some really good deals at Pennys in the clearances and The Childrens Place.

DD called me at 11:20 last night. I couldn't figure who be calling that late.

She was upset. She had a feeling not to go by her Grandma's which probably was a good thing. DS's ex was there. She returned the flag and banjo that were Grandpa's to Grandma instead of to DS. Were talking a 2 1/2 hour trip there and back home. Why? They go to court monday over him not having all his stuff yet. I told him I'm not going with him. If he can get his stuff call me and I'll be on my way. I have so much anger at her right now it is better if I don't have to see her face.

Today I'm just taking it easy. I can't believe I started this way early this morning but many distractions and now its getting finished and its early afternoon.

I'll check back in later. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Cindy ~ Have a great time with DD and your grandsons. I know you need the rain, so hopefully you'll get lots of it and still get the grilling done, too!

Marisa ~ :cheer for 3 patients in a row! Have a wonderful weekend.:yes

Valerie ~ Hi! Which afghan are you working on now? :crocheting Will your new apartment be as big as your current one?

Marlene ~ Your library sounds fantastic. What fun things they do for the kiddos! So sorry your DS's ex is the way she is. :( I hope the judge doesn't let her drag this out too much longer.

Luke and I had lots of fun. He lined up about 15 tractors, bulldozers, etc. of varying sizes and proceeded to tell me about each one. He even knows what an excavator is. :lol

Time to start some laundry and maybe even crochet for a while. :hook

Good morning!

Tried to get on to the computer last night- and no internet connection. We called the cable co- and they ran some diagnostics and said that there looked to be signal issues and they would send a tech out today. The guy said the connection may come back before the tech comes, but even if they call and say that the connection appears to be working to tell the tech to come anyway because the diagnostics reveal an issue. Lo and behold, I tried this morning, and I was able to get on the internet.

Tech is scheduled to come between 11-2. Don't you just love those 'three hour windows" and usually they come right at the end of your allotted time! LOL

At least today, the Olympics are on so I'll watch them and crochet as I wait for the tech! I'm working on the border of the granny stripe!

Beautiful scarf, Laura and thanks for the pattern.

I was thinking of Dusti last night and wondered if anyone has heard from her?

To ALL in the house- hope you have a good Saturday!!!

Archived