Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Laura, I come from a family of 8 kids. I'm the oldest. We go to Texas for 3 months of winter and I found there are things we like that you can't buy in Texas. We are about 30 minutes north of Corpus Christy. Somethings I take with me. The difference in prices of food amazes me. Bread and milk for an example are almost double there.

Judy, It is hard seeing DS goes through all this. Even though we knew how she was to her ex you expect things to be a little different. I'm glad that I don't allow her to control me. Years ago I could of.

The cable guy was here bright and early this morning. He said he had a phone order. I told him no it was internet. He put an amplifier on are system. We'll see if it helps.

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a good day. :manyheart I was gone again this a.m. and will catch up on posts soon. Need to sort laundry and go get Gracie from the groomers' first. :)

Hi, Marissa, my films and report are being sent to DS's office in Middletown....he's not at that one today, so I don't expect to hear anything till tomorrow sometime. Thanks for asking.

I learned how to swim from Ds's certified Red Cross instructor when he was about 10 (he's 37 now) and since I never kept it up I revert to a dog paddle whenever I do get a chance to go in a pool. It's a great skill to have - he got very good at it....the instructor asked if he wanted to test to be a lifeguard when he got older. Silly child said no....

I used to be a lifeguard myself :D But it last expired back in 2004ish and I never renewed it :shrug My mom had us all in the pool since before we could walk since my nanny (her mom) had an above ground in the back yard. One of my mom's brothers had a lot of medical issues and couldn't use the public pool. When we were little my parents moved it to our yard and my dad built a deck around it :D

Hello everyone. Super busy day at work, I'm glad its over. I'm off until Saturday now.

We always had a pool growing up, first an above ground and then a built in one. (It cost my parents more to get rid of that pool than it did to put it in! They got rid of it about 6 years ago when my dad's health began to fail.) My sister got her lifeguard certification, but my brothers and I were lazy. Life-guarding was my sisters summer job for quite a few years.

Not sure what I will do the rest of the day, probably watch Olympics and crochet or knit. I am too tired for anything else!

Cindy, it sounds like your body is smart and telling you to relax! Enjoy your days off.

Have a good night my friends - new and "old"...off to put on the tv and grab my hook! :hug:manyheart

HI all,

I'm in the kitchen on my ipad so no pics right now of the GS--Maybe I'll get them up by Friday! LOL Tomorrow night I have my hair cut/color after work and then Thursday, I'm hoping to get a pedicure since I leave early Sat morning.

I signed up all three of my DD's for swimming lessons when they were around 3- they had very reasonable prices at the Y. We had an above ground pool when we bought the house where they were raised, but when it needed replacing, I opted to join a swim club instead. It was great fun- and all 3 were on the swimming team and the youngest two were on the diving teams. Great memories

Dinner is done- so off I go.

Good Morning, House. :)

Marisa and Marlene~Thank you for the kind comments about my fish afghan! :manyheart

Marlene ~ When does Maya start school again? I know she loved the "special" days at the library!

Judy ~ Have you finished the RR? Those last rows seem to take forever, don't they? :lol

Laura ~ My DH really doesn't like leftovers, either. ;) Looking forward to seeing Aiden's afghan!

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :ghug

I'm going to be outside at daylight again - watering and doing a little yard clean-up before it's too hot. Then to the grocery store and I'll be in for the day...108* yesterday and possibly higher today. :faint

Hi Guys

Sorry for my LONG absence . I have slept so much lately, Sam must have thought I was in some type of a coma . GEEZ, have I been tired . Never knew one person could sleep so much .

Anyhow, I am back among the living (and AWAKE) ,so thought it was time to catch up. I quickly saw that I have no chance of catching up with 18 million posts, so will just go back 10 pages . :eek

First of all, Welcome to Laura and MaryD if I havent already done that .

Great to have you !

Cindy

Thanks for sharing the photos. All your projects are so pretty . What knitting pattern are you using for the scarf ?

Joanne

sounds as if you are still plugging along on the super-busy schedule . I'm glad you have time to go to your craft class most weeks. It seems to be your DE-Stresser .

How's that cute little Ryan doing ?

Jude

So how are you feeling ? Are things easing up a bit for you ? Who are you making the RR for ?

Laura

So did you finish the sweater and if so,what are you working on now ?

Mary

The fishie blankie was very cute. Waddya gonna make next,and are these items for the new little babe on the way ? Do they have a name picked out yet ? sorry if I asked you that already. I think I lost some brain cells from sleeping so much.

Val

How are all those afghan orders coming ? Hope you are making lots of progress. It's probably too hot down there to have a heavy afghan draped across you ,isnt it ? Our heat here has let up a bit. I think it's been in the 80's most days lately but supposed to hit 90 on Saturday again.

Marlene

Sure glad they threw the book at your son's EX -- she deserves it . I hate when people put their kids into the middle of their disputes and use them as weapons. Not fair at all . Cam told me the other day that he was excited to see Carson ( Mike's son from a previous relationship ) . His mom and her husband are currently in process of divorcing. Mike told Cam they had to have a "discussion " and that's why Carson hasnt gotten to come visit for so long.

Cam said " I wish when the adults had their "discussions" that they wouldnt make the kids get punished. " He has (sadly) had to learn that lesson,too .

Marisa

It sounds like your practice is building up and keeping you busier.that's great news ! What are you making now ? Are you the one who was making the twin afghans or was that Jude ? I am so lost in here now .

I'm sure I forgot someone,sorry ,it'll take me a bit to catch up and remember how to keep track better .

I'll just say hello to all the rest of you guys and will try keeping closer track now .

Gardiner - thanks muchly for your welcome. :)

Imanurse55 - Yes am ready to get back into my old art. I certainly do miss crochet.

luvtocrochet757 - Yes I have projects I started from over 16yrs ago. I still have all the wool and cotton. :lol

judianne - You asked about our weather... Shockingly cold here in Melbourne. I have the heater on and still wrap myself up in a doona ha ha :c9 Projects, I have a lot of baby gear I was making for my children... Too late for that, now they are teenagers :lol:lol But I also had a vest I started for myself a few years back but life got too busy for me and I put it away and never completed it. So will do that first.

Sky'smom - Thanks for the welcome. ;)

Laura - Thanks dear, like I said in judianne's message, will tackle my vest first. :)

Tobybob - Round ripples ha? Not sure I have ever done them, I guess I am not advanced at crochet. More into the simple patterns. :think

Marpan79 - Thanks for the welcome. As I said above, I am doing a vest but forgot to mention that it is cotton, not wool.:crocheting

Anyway thanks all for your welcome. And wish me luck for the vest, am off to do a zillion rows to one of my fronts... Ok, maybe a few rows. :lol

Happy crocheting peoples.

:)

MaryD

What color is your vest ? Can you post a pic of it when done ?

Maybe you could work on the baby things for your future grandbabies,since they didnt get done in time for your kids and they are now teens ?

Time goes by quickly,so before you blink your eyes, you'll have grandbabies coming along. That's how it seems for me at least .

Seems strange that it is so cold over there,when it's been blistering hot over here !

Good to have you along ,stop in and yak anytime . This is a pretty yakky group ! :)

Ok folks, thought it was time for a new questionnaire. I haven't done one in ages.

1- Name a color you DON'T have any of in your closet .

2-What is your favorite summertime food, something you dont get the rest of the year ?

3- What is your favorite summer olympic event to watch ?

4-If you could go anywhere on vacation, which would you choose : beach ,mountains , or historical place ?

5- If you could go back and live one year of your life over again,what year would you choose and why ?

6- What is the longest time you have lived at one address ,and what is the shortest ?

7- Do you think it is better to growup in a large or small family of siblings and why ?

8- Do you think that people who have a difficult childhood ,grow up to be adults who are MORE or LESS able to handle adulthood and its responsibilities ?

9- What colors did you have in your wedding,and if you could choose again,would you choose the same ?

10- Favorite ice cream sundae topping .

11- One TV show you NEVER miss ?

12-What did you want to be when you grew up,and did you choose that occupation ,or something different ?

13- Describe the characteristics of your favorite purse ( size,color,handles,compartments,etc ,and does name brand matter to you ) ?

14- Would you say you have too many or not enough clothes ?

15 - Name the best book you've read in a long time .

16- Someone who always makes you laugh :

17 - If you HAD to be in a reality show ,which one would you choose ?

Are you a SURVIVOR, A GHOSTHUNTER,BACHELORETTE or HELL'S KITCHEN type of person ?

18- Name a slang term , movie, or song that has the word SUMMER in it ..

19- What is the one area in your life that could use a little improvement ?

20- Name a musical movie that you could sing along to some of the songs, you have seen it so many times .

Your turn, who goes first ????

morning, peeps!

JULES!!!!!! Good to hear from you! Your questions look like fun - but I'm off to meet Phyllis in a few minutes, so no time to do them now.

The RR is probably going to the NICU.

And I'm a bit better, but had xrays done Monday and am waiting to hear from DS if they showed any bone issues...

Mary - we had heat like that a couple of times over the years...it's mind-numbing:(

Maryd - stay warm!! Maybe Mary in Texas can send you some heat.....

Laura - yay for getting to the yarn store!!

Off I go - BBL!

Good morning. I'll play 20 questions....(anything to keep from doing my household chores!!

Purple

2-What is your favorite summertime food, something you dont get the rest of the year ?

Watermelon

Gymnastics

4-If you could go anywhere on vacation, which would you choose : beach ,mountains , or historical place ?

Mountains

5- If you could go back and live one year of your life over again,what year would you choose and why ?

?

6- What is the longest time you have lived at one address ,and what is the shortest ?

We've lived in this house since we were married in 1979. I lived in an apartment for 2 years between graduating from college and getting married

7- Do you think it is better to growup in a large or small family of siblings and why ?

Don;t know

8- Do you think that people who have a difficult childhood ,grow up to be adults who are MORE or LESS able to handle adulthood and its responsibilities ?

Depends on the person

9- What colors did you have in your wedding,and if you could choose again,would you choose the same ?

turquoise and white, would probably choose different colors now, styles ahve changed

caramel

rarely watch tv

12-What did you want to be when you grew up,and did you choose that occupation ,or something different ?

I wanted to be a teacher, but am glad I chose nursing, Its a much more flexible job, and has many different opportuniites.

13- Describe the characteristics of your favorite purse ( size,color,handles,compartments,etc ,and does name brand matter to you ) ?

Well, I am a purse-a-holic, have rarely seen a purse that does not speak to me in some way, but if I was designing my own, I'd have a zipper closure, a few pockets in various sizes and an adjustable strap so I could carry it as a handbag, a crossbody bag or a shoulder bag. If it had lots of cute matching accessories, that would be a bonus.

too many, lots of which I seldom wear

?

my oldest grandson

Are you a SURVIVOR, A GHOSTHUNTER,BACHELORETTE or HELL'S KITCHEN type of person ?

?

can't think of anything offhand

weight

20- Name a musical movie that you could sing along to some of the songs, you have seen it so many times .

Sound of Music

I'll go :D

Ok folks, thought it was time for a new questionnaire. I haven't done one in ages.

I think I have all colors covered in some type of clothing, but to be technical, there's no pink in my closet (those 2 tops are folded in the dresser :devil )

I would say grilled hot dogs and cheeseburgers.....but we do have it all year :shrug

Gymnastics and Swimming

This is a difficult one because although I'm not a big fan of the beach, I like to be at the beach :think I do also enjoy the mountains AND getting in some culture. Well, I guess it depends on the time of year and my mood.

2004 when I was in clinic in Long Island. School was not a hassle, as in overwhelming, but yet I wasn't out in the 'real world' yet either :lol It left a lot of time for fun :wink

19 years in my parents house, which we moved into when I was an infant and my parents still live in today. And the shortest is about 4 months during school.

I have 2 siblings, so there were 3 of us which I enjoyed. I think it gave some options as a child of who to play with and things to do. But, I think getting getting into higher numbers is just too much in one household :eek

I think it's hit or miss depending on the persons character when it comes to handling responsibilities considering the differences between me, Steph, and Damian all of us growing up in the same environment. But, I think it does give a better sense of appreciating things.

Ummmmmm......OK, well when I was engaged, we started all the planning and we were going to do pastels. Each bridesmaid was going to have a different color pastel and probably a different dress too, but we didn't get that far :shrug

Caramel and Peanut Butter together :drool

DVR is a wonderful invention :devil But I like the cooking competition shows :yes

I decided in 8th grade that I was going to be a chiropractor :D In high school I dabbled in the thought of interior design and took the electives. We had to draw up blueprints and design an entire house with decorations and all. I definitely loved it, but decided that it wasn't the right profession for me.

Hmmmm, big enough to hold my junk.....cell phone, nook, wallet, ipod, etc. I like it to be easy to get into and some segregated pockets. I don't like a long strap or short strap, but that in between where I can just carry it or toss it on a shoulder. No preference on brand, but I typically won't spend too much and often wait for what I do want to go on sale :wink

Well, a couple years ago I had too many. Cleaned out my closet, my mom and aunt picked out some things and then a lady my mom works with came and got the rest....her 3 daughters had new wardrobes :eek Since then I've cleaned more out and now I've lost some weight and I definitely don't have enough because half of what I do have just doesn't fit nicely anymore :sigh

In different aspects....I love the Hunger Games trilogy and the Girl Who trilogy and for a lighter read the Stephanie Plum series is just hysterically funny :yes I wouldn't class that as a best, but anything that makes you laugh so hard you have to put the book down and wipe your eyes gets good marks from me :wink

My parents :D

Oh boy, I guess I have to go with Bachelorette by the process of elimination! :eek I don't have the stamina for Survivor, the guts for Ghosthunter, or the necessary cooking abilities for Hell's Kitchen.

Summer of 69, Bryan Adams....he's my favorite :manyheart

I'm a little shy until I get to know people so I guess being a little more outgoing :think

The Sound of Music :think Is Grease a musical??????

Yay, so fun....but these were kind of hard questions Julie, I found that I didn't have definitive answers for many of the questions :think:lol

Good morning ladies :hi

I got my hair cut last night and now it's super short :yes I do love it though :yes

I watched last nights olympics and the girls team gymnastics was amazing :clap Tonight is men's team. I couldn't believe Phelps blew the 200 butterfly :eek He practically gave it away by not pushing at the end thinking he had it :shrug

Cindy - Enjoy your day off and get in that hooking time :wink

Judy -Have fun meeting with Phyllis :hug

Joanne - :yay for getting your hair done today and hopefully the pedi tomorrow :xfin

Laura - :yay for getting to the yarn store

Mary - I hope you got your yard work done before the heat and your trip to the market

Julie - Great to see you :hug My friend was having twins, but lost one of them so is now having one girl. She's doing well and focusing on the one that is still doing well. She's 7 months now and is due in October.

MaryD - Feel free to share any prgress pics of your vest :wink What pattern are you using?

HiYa Jude

Sure hope the x-ray looks ok so no further things need done in that direction,but if it does show something ,then at least you will know what needs done to improve the situation ,so I guess either way might be good news . I'm sure you'd be glad to get it remedied, no matter what it takes .

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

PS- Doggone, I missed the chance to tell you to buy a DONUT, but maybe you will anyhow . ???

Cindy

Some of our answers are the same -- my answers below .

Marisa

Hope I didnt strain your brain too hard on these questions. :D I was trying to think of stuff I havent asked you guys before,but I've been in here so long now, it'd be hard to come up with something I HAVEN'T asked .

My turn ---

Orange

Watermelon

Diving

Beach ,but I also love the mountains and anything historical,so all 3 would sound good .

Probably my Junior or Senior year. so much fun, lots of friends ,loved my classes .

Longest was probably the house I lived in from the time I was 4 til I was 16. The shortest would be one year --we lived in our first apartment one year.

I think maybe a large family. so many people I talk to who grew up with lots of siblings also grew up with lots of good qualities, like sharing, helping others out, chipping in with the work , and also maybe a better sense of closeness, if times were rough with money or something, maybe everyone would feel like they had to help out and would all try to do so .

Yes, it seems to me that people whose childhoods were really awful or challenging, made them into better people for the most part. Of course there are cases where that system backfires. If the person is abused,etc, they sometimes turn right around and do the same to others,so I think the previous people had a better answer . Depends on the person .

I had pink, blue and yellow .. yes, I'd change colors . I would have worn OFF WHITE which is what I wanted,but my mother said ABSOLUTELY NOT, WHAT WILL PEOPLE THINK OF YOU ????( Get the picture???)

I'd also choose some shade of green for all the dresses,etc .

CARAMEL .

Hell's Kitchen, Big Brother,Dancing With the Stars , Biggest Loser .. ( Man, where's my LIFE ??? I watch LOTS of TV --but NEVER in the daytime. I dont even know what's on in the daytime .)

I wanted to be a teacher,but ended up being a nurse. Wish I was STILL one, but too far behind to get caught up and too CROTCHETY to be on my feet that long.

I like short handles, one compartment with maybe a smaller zippered off area to put small stuff . I never care what brand it is,just if I like it or not. I also like it to be medium sized.. I dont like the big giant purses, but not a tiny one that would only hold a stick of gum .

Probably too many . Need to weed out some that I really dont like or wear ever .

The Sisters Brothers ( a western )

16- Someone who always makes you laugh : Cam ,and even Sam,believe it or not. He would have never been described as funny a long time ago,but he is a regular Wisenhimer now,so he is funny when he is in that mood.

If I were younger, I'd try Survivor, but I've never been very athletic,so that probably wouldnt work.

I would definitely never wanna be on Bachelorette. Where do they GET those guys ???

I doubt I could convince Gordon that I cut out all those Spaghettios by hand ,and I doubt I could convince him that black grilled cheeses were in style in our area,so I'd better pass on that .

So that leaves Ghosthunting. I could do that,and think it'd be fun .

A Summer Place-- a book, tv show and song (all 3)

Learning how to deal with family situations that NEVER improve. I need to learn how to move on from them instead of wasting my lifetime trying to improve them. Gottas learn when to stop trying .

The Sound of Music & Roger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella

Marisa

I like short hair, it's so much easier to take care of .

Sorry, I forgot about the friend of yours who lost one baby . I'm glad it's going well with her other one and she will have a beautiful baby girl to dress up and fix her hair,etc.

Lots of ladies like having baby girls since they have so many cute clothes .

I have watched some of the Olympics, but not all. Phelps seemed to have lost some of his ZIP since last time. I saw an interview with him and I guess he had a really hard adjustment after last Olympics, winning so many medals, etc. He kinda crashed and burned after all the hoopla died down ,so maybe that is in the back of his head .

Are you still working on the graph- ghan ?

Hi again.

Jules, I DID have a donut:D

Marissa, I loved my super short hair, too - DH calls what I have now, short:P. I call it in-between length:P...If I had my druthers it would be super short again;) At least I'm letting it curl and do its own thing so I really never fuss with it.:D

So I have the olympics on while I'm here and Phelps just got silver in the medley.

Men's beach volleyball was on earlier and we beat Poland. I guess we lost to them last game and when they were interviewing the one guy after (I don't know which one) and talked about that last game and if it affected them for this game at all, his response was "we played like sewage" :rofl Now my favorite quote of the olympics!

Hi Julie! So glad to see your posts! :manyheart

1- Name a color you DON'T have any of in your closet . Pink

2-What is your favorite summertime food, something you dont get the rest of the year ? Fresh homegrown tomatoes

3- What is your favorite summer olympic event to watch ? Gymnastics, swimming and diving

4-If you could go anywhere on vacation, which would you choose : beach ,mountains , or historical place ? Right now? The mountains, preferably where it's very cool! :lol

5- If you could go back and live one year of your life over again,what year would you choose and why ? Still thinking about this one...

6- What is the longest time you have lived at one address ,and what is the shortest ? 11 years - the house we're in now. We were in an apartment for 3 months once.

7- Do you think it is better to growup in a large or small family of siblings and why ? I guess it depends on the family. :think

8- Do you think that people who have a difficult childhood ,grow up to be adults who are MORE or LESS able to handle adulthood and its responsibilities ? Again, there are lots of variables...I've always thought I was blessed to be a good wife and mom since I didn't have much of an example.

9- What colors did you have in your wedding,and if you could choose again,would you choose the same ? My only bridesmaid wore navy blue and my dress was white velvet.

10- Favorite ice cream sundae topping . Hot fudge

11- One TV show you NEVER miss ? The Closer...record them if I need to!

13- Describe the characteristics of your favorite purse ( size,color,handles,compartments,etc ,and does name brand matter to you ) ? Definitely soft leather and able to be over the shoulder; not too picky about the inside ;)

14- Would you say you have too many or not enough clothes ? Probably too many, since I seem to wear the same things all the time

15 - Name the best book you've read in a long time . Way too long since I've read anything.

16- Someone who always makes you laugh : Luke, of course.:DAnd our Gracie is a close second.

Are you a SURVIVOR, A GHOSTHUNTER,BACHELORETTE or HELL'S KITCHEN type of person ? :think

Summer in the City

Need to stop worrying about things I have no control over!

West Side Story

1- Name a color you DON'T have any of in your closet . orange

watermelon

:think

historical place- Ann Franks Hide Out in Amsterdam

1997- young & stupid

8 years & 1 month

large because they seem closer

both, depends on the person

Peach and dark purple YUCK!! & Now I would choose an antique white and lilac

pineapple

Hell's Kitchen

I always wanted to be a corporate woman like Murphy Brown & nope furthest thing from it with 5 boys.

smaller and easily accessible compartments

not enough, I wear a lot of the boys shirts

50 Shades of Grey

My Hubby

Hell's Kitchen just because I'd be close to Ramsey :devil

All Summer Long by Kid Rock

Crappy family issues that stress me to the max

Beauty and the Beast

Julie~I am so happy to hear your tests were good. Great news! :clap

Sorry I have been MIA, I have been busy with my Hubby's birthday, Jaden's speech therapy, school, the baby, so on & so on. ;)

Hi Tabby! It's always so good to see your posts! :) Did Elijah's skin problem clear up? I hope so!:c9

Maryd ~ Good luck with your vest! Yes, I would LOVE to send you some of our heat. :lol

Julie ~ It sounds like lots of sleep was just what you needed to get over all your body has had to deal with recently! I hope you continue to get your strength back. :manyheart No name for the baby yet, but I keep asking. :lol

Marisa ~ I'm glad you like your hair cut!

Well, I loved making the fish ghan so much that I'm starting another one.:hook This time, the background is Vanna's Baby Aqua and the fish are Sweet Pea and Duckie.

So I have the olympics on while I'm here and Phelps just got silver in the medley.

Men's beach volleyball was on earlier and we beat Poland. I guess we lost to them last game and when they were interviewing the one guy after (I don't know which one) and talked about that last game and if it affected them for this game at all, his response was "we played like sewage" :rofl Now my favorite quote of the olympics!

Too funny! I think "sewage" was a "clean" translation of the word he really meant!:lol

Archived