Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Flyby - will read posts later!

An update...today was a really good morning...pain was so much less than yesterday - DS is a keeper!

Later....

I hope your DS is a keeper 'cause it's kinda hard to put them back from where they came from :rofl

Seriously though...so glad the treatment is working and you are feeling better :cheer

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi House! DD is bringing Luke over about 9:30 and I need to go to the store first...so a flyby for me, too. :D

Laura ~ I hope the migraine is much better this a.m. :hug

Judy ~ Yay for less pain this morning! :cheer

Everyone take care and have a good morning. :manyheart

And I did start another project, a knit scarf for my dd for Christmas.

I heard that:lol:lol:lol:lol

I have 8 blocks nearly finished for my log cabin afghan (out of 25) and also one motif for a scrap baby afghan. The motif is about 11 inches across, so I think 16 or so ought to plenty, maybe even less if I add a border.

wow...you are on a roll! Looking forward to seeing pictures!

My nephews daughter is still in intensive care, and will require more testing. She had a heart catheterization yesterday and they found some cardiac defects that have likely been present since birth. Not sure what other tests are planned.

Work day for me tomorrow, not sure if I will be back this evening or not.

At least they're finding out what the problem is...prayers for th e parents and wisdom for the doctors....

HI all,

Well, the upgrade was successful and I left work at 8:15- so that is done! It was a long day, but at least it is done and I don't have to stay another night! Yay!

I have to be in tomorrow @7:30- I scheduled a meeting from 7:30-10- so we can finish up some things that HAVE to be done tomorrow! But at least I will leave on time since

we are going out to Friendly's with Ryan to celebrate his 'real' 1st birthday tomorrow night!That's good news!

Please forgive this tired brain from responding individually tonight!

Hugs to you all!

I hope today goes smootly....

I hope your DS is a keeper 'cause it's kinda hard to put them back from where they came from :rofl

Seriously though...so glad the treatment is working and you are feeling better :cheer

Thanks!

Hi House! DD is bringing Luke over about 9:30 and I need to go to the store first...so a flyby for me, too. :D

Laura ~ I hope the migraine is much better this a.m. :hug

Judy ~ Yay for less pain this morning! :cheer

Everyone take care and have a good morning. :manyheart

Enjoy being with Luke! He's so adorable...between Joanne's Ryan and your Luke....well, it's a cuteness overload:c9

Hey, Laura - yup - any day the guys don't hit the fast food place in an emergency is a good one!

I hope you have a headache-free day.:hug

So far so good, headache free day and totally progressing with the hood :crocheting

Finished hood outline, now on to boarder. :)

I am so jealous of you ladies who get to see their grandsons all the time. I am lucky to see Aiden twice a year because he is in Wisconsin. You ladies are so lucky !!! :manyheart

See below sweater progress.........

Will make potato salad for Brian today since he was such a good trooper with my headache yesterday and took such good care of me :hug

post-61967-135897769958_thumb.jpg

post-61967-13589776996_thumb.jpg

Good morning ladies :hi

Figured I'd check in while waiting for my patient :D I did some hooking last night, but didn't leave until late because I was waiting for Ingrid to stop by to pick up some stuff that my Steph sent for her. Went swimming this morning, but didn't feel like moving again when the alarm went off. :shrug

Cindy - Hope you're having a good day at work :yes WTG finishing your book and cleaning out your projects :clap I hear ya on starting new ones. I think after I finish this baby ghan and the bama ghan, I'm going to focus on WIP's and try not to start anything new :think:xfin

Marlene - At least you got Maya focused on doing something, even if you did end up playing 8 games of Candy Land :lol How were the brownies? :drool

Joanne - Glad to hear the upgrade is over. I hope your meeting goes well today and then you'll have dinner with Ryan waiting for you at the finish line :birthday Ryan!

Laura - I hope your migraine is feeling much better today :hug I typically enjoy those rottiesserie chickens, maybe it was sitting there all day though by that point....better to get them early I guess :think I'm plugging away on the baby ghan and hope to get close to finished tonight. I have an event tomorrow night and then I'm hoping to be able to work the border on Wed :xfin If it's too ambitious, then I'll be hooking while at the office tomorrow....hmm....maybe today too :devil

Judy - I was thinking the same as Laura that it's a good thing ds is a keeper, because you got him anyways!!! :rofl I'm so glad he's helping you feel better :hug

Mary - I hope you got your errands out of the way in time and I just know you're enjoying your Luke time :manyheart

So far so good, headache free day and totally progressing with the hood :crocheting

Finished hood outline, now on to boarder. :)

I am so jealous of you ladies who get to see their grandsons all the time. I am lucky to see Aiden twice a year because he is in Wisconsin. You ladies are so lucky !!! :manyheart

See below sweater progress.........

Will make potato salad for Brian today since he was such a good trooper with my headache yesterday and took such good care of me :hug

Looking good :manyheart

My bro and sil live in Arizona so my parents (and us) usually only get to see them every other year :eek But, we do get to do video chat with them.....well, when my bro lets them and it's convenient for him :sigh But we're not going to dwell on him today :no

Brian will love his potato salad :yes Definitely keeps a guy in check to reward good behavior :yes:wink:rofl

Looking good :manyheart

My bro and sil live in Arizona so my parents (and us) usually only get to see them every other year :eek But, we do get to do video chat with them.....well, when my bro lets them and it's convenient for him :sigh But we're not going to dwell on him today :no

Brian will love his potato salad :yes Definitely keeps a guy in check to reward good behavior :yes:wink:rofl

Thank you...thank you...the edging is going good now that I figured out exactly how they want it done :hook

Always good to reward a man for good behavior :yes spurns them on for more good behavior :lol thank God he doesn't read this :rofl

I think the prob with the chicken was that he bought it at 7 or so and they probably made it for the 5 pm rush so I am thinking it was under the lamp a bit long....no matter cause I am going to take whats left, carcass and all, boil it down for a good chicken soup base. I can still hear my grandma talk about how you should never waste anything ;)

Since you are the chiropractor I am going to run this past you...but I used to go to one a long time ago..mostly after my car accident and due to the fact I had 6 kids, my back was kinda wacked up. Since I stopped going now I have been having a lot of headaches and I think it is related to me not going anymore. My headaches stopped when I was seeing one. Probably I need to see one again? I mean I have been medically checked out (3 weeks ago) and there is no medical reason (tumor or anything) for my headaches...... I am thinking that my body is telling me that chiropractor was a good thing...:think

Thank you...thank you...the edging is going good now that I figured out exactly how they want it done :hook

Always good to reward a man for good behavior :yes spurns them on for more good behavior :lol thank God he doesn't read this :rofl

I think the prob with the chicken was that he bought it at 7 or so and they probably made it for the 5 pm rush so I am thinking it was under the lamp a bit long....no matter cause I am going to take whats left, carcass and all, boil it down for a good chicken soup base. I can still hear my grandma talk about how you should never waste anything ;)

Since you are the chiropractor I am going to run this past you...but I used to go to one a long time ago..mostly after my car accident and due to the fact I had 6 kids, my back was kinda wacked up. Since I stopped going now I have been having a lot of headaches and I think it is related to me not going anymore. My headaches stopped when I was seeing one. Probably I need to see one again? I mean I have been medically checked out (3 weeks ago) and there is no medical reason (tumor or anything) for my headaches...... I am thinking that my body is telling me that chiropractor was a good thing...:think

I agree with grandma....don't waste :no

Definitely you should go back to the chiro :yes I don't get headaches often, but when I do it's either sinuses or I need to be adjusted. I have quite a few friends in Canada since the school I went to was in NY not far over the border. If your not sure where to go, let me know where you're at and I can see if there's any I can recommend near you :) It's great that you've already has some more serious issues ruled out too. Typically I recommend people to go anywhere from 2-6 weeks for wellness/maintenance care, it depends on the person individually as we are not all the same :lol

Hi guys

quick drop in to let you know the test results came back good. The doc said the only spot that is glowing is in my neck area,which he said that is supposed to show there ,so no signs of a problem anyplace else at this time .

WHEW ....... the waiting is the worst part ! I've been sweating bullets all day .

Thanks for all your well wishes. They are greatly appreciated . :manyheart

Hi guys

quick drop in to let you know the test results came back good. The doc said the only spot that is glowing is in my neck area,which he said that is supposed to show there ,so no signs of a problem anyplace else at this time .

WHEW ....... the waiting is the worst part ! I've been sweating bullets all day .

Wonderful news, Julie! :)

Hi guys

Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:manyheart:hug:clap:clap:clap

Good afternoon friends. Busy day at work today, but I enjoy busy, so that was okay. I met dh at the car repair place since his car had to go in, and he dropped me off at home and went out to buy milk. Its hot here, but I have soup in the crockpot for dinner and homemade bread rising to go with it. I've been making this bread dough which can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. (It hasn't lasted that long around here yet, I've used it for cinnamon rolls, and pizza crust well as bread and rolls.)

My great niece is having open heart surgery as I write this. Actually she has been in surgery since mid morning. So far things are going well.

Laura, sorry that you had a headache, but how nice of Brian to get dinner. The rotisserie chickens from our local independent grocery are really good. I remember playing Euchre a lot when I was in high school, and years ago I taught my husband and kids to play when we were on vacation. We were camping and it rained and rained and we needed some entertainment. We still play once in a while.

Your sweater is looking really good!

I read where you said your grandma said never to waste anything. I had to laugh because my crockpot soup today is composed of leftovers. (leftover roast beef and gravy, a few spoonfuls of leftover mashed potatoes, a bit of tomato sauce, some odds and ends of fresh veggies, some barley, and a packet of dry vegetable soup mix, along with the water that the packet calls for.) It might not sound like much, but its how I always make soup and it is always delicious. I'm even willing to serve it to company. The first time my son in law had my soup he said I made the best soup he'd ever tasted. I took that as a real compliment because his mom is a caterer and known for her wonderful meals. The thing about my soup though, is that it's never the same twice.

Judy, glad your day started out so much better!:clap for ds!

Joanne, glad the upgrade is finished, sounds like it went well. (I find that so many things can go wrong with an upgrade, sometimes at work we wonder why they call them upgrades.:lol) Have fun celebrating yans birthday tonight.

Marisa, it''s so much fun to start new projects though.........

Mary, hope you had a great day with Luke.

Marlene, sounds like its time for Maya to go back to school! Glad you found something for her to do, even if you did have to play Candyland 8 times! I must say you are having a great summer to be living on a lake!

Julie, thanks for sharing your good news.

Hi guys

Wonderful news :bounce:woo

Good afternoon friends. Busy day at work today, but I enjoy busy, so that was okay. I met dh at the car repair place since his car had to go in, and he dropped me off at home and went out to buy milk. Its hot here, but I have soup in the crockpot for dinner and homemade bread rising to go with it. I've been making this bread dough which can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. (It hasn't lasted that long around here yet, I've used it for cinnamon rolls, and pizza crust well as bread and rolls.)

My great niece is having open heart surgery as I write this. Actually she has been in surgery since mid morning. So far things are going well.

Marisa, it''s so much fun to start new projects though..........

It certainly is and I'm pretty sure I won't make it through my WIP's without starting something new, but I can be hopeful :devil

I hope your great niece's surgery is going well....continued prayers :hug

I've been making this bread dough which can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. (It hasn't lasted that long around here yet, I've used it for cinnamon rolls, and pizza crust well as bread and rolls.)

That's such a great idea...

Poor little thing....continued prayers for her...:manyheart

Judy, glad your day started out so much better!:clap for ds!

He was so very happy to hear about the good results. He worked very hard on me...US plus deep massage. I texted him first thing this morning to let him know. I never know if he's with a patient or in the middle of a call or something so I hardly ever call on the phone.

Hello housemates!

Julie - than God for good news! I'm glad and I believe you're going to get better all around!

Judy - glad you're improving! Yeah for a great son.

Mary - I know you've enjoyed Luke.

Laura - glad no migraines today. The sweater is looking good.

Cindy - continued prayers for your great niece and her parents. Glad you had a good day at work. Dinner sounds delicious.

Joanne - WTG finishing the upgrade. Enjoy Ryan's 'real' 1st birthday get together.

Marlene - Candyland was one of our favorite games. It sounds as if you are having a wonderful summer with Maya.

Marisa - my niece chose the movies...Footloose, Red Tails, and Contraband! I also watched the Secret Life of Bees!

I finished one of the AAMU ghans. I have to put the edging on. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

We got approved for our new apartment and will be moving on September 27th. We had to give a 60 day notice.

Have a great evening all!

Judy - glad you're improving! Yeah for a great son.Despite those moments every parent experiences, yes, he is a good son:c9

Marlene - Candyland was one of our favorite games. It sounds as if you are having a wonderful summer with Maya.

I finished one of the AAMU ghans. I have to put the edging on. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Great!

We got approved for our new apartment and will be moving on September 27th. We had to give a 60 day notice.

Terrific news!!

I've been working on the baby RR this afternoon - after a busy but productive morning. I had a good day - hibernating from the sauna just outside the door:P

Have a great night everyone:hug:manyheart

Cindy

Thinking of your great niece as her surgery is happening. Sure hoping for the best for her and your whole family waiting for news .

Jude

So glad your son has been able to help out with your health issues. It sounds like you were having a rough time of it ,so glad you are getting some relief .

Hello to everyone else -- hope all is well with you all. I'm so far behind in here it's not even funny .

You all have a good evening .

Just a quick drop in to say my great niece is out of surgery and did better than they expected. The next few hours will be touch and go, but hopefully she will make it through those just as well. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts.

She is still in very critical condition and will need additional procedures as there are still some problems that need to be addressed.

Hi Ladies,

Julie, Wonderful news!

Cindy, Thanks for the update on your niece. Continuing prayers for everyone. Your soup sounds great. Thanks for sharing the dough recipe.

Laura, Sorry you got a migraine to. How sweet of Brian to take care of dinner. I made potato salad today to. I like to play euchre to. Hubby goes twice a week up to the American Legion and plays euchre. The hooded sweater is looking good.

Judy, Glad your feeling better!

Mary, I know your having a fun day with Luke today. Enjoy!

Marisa, The brownies are good. Haven't made those in ages.

Joanne, Glad the upgrade is over. A nice way to end the day celebrating Ryan's birthday.

Val, Congrats for almost being finished with one of your ghans. Good news on the new apartment.

Linda, Thinking about you.

Quiet day here today. Made the potato salad and a load of laundry. We had some onions that needed to be used we bought home from Texas so I sauteed them up and will freeze them for a later use.

Are neighbor gave Maya a pair of girls dress up heels. Last night she was dreaming and talking in her sleep. I asked her what she said and she repeated "you won't let me have a pair of heels". She right I wouldn't. There loud on wood floors, but she does have fun wearing them.

We have library in the morning. It will be the last event for the summer.

Have a nice evening!

Just a quick drop in to say my great niece is out of surgery and did better than they expected. The next few hours will be touch and go, but hopefully she will make it through those just as well. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts.

She is still in very critical condition and will need additional procedures as there are still some problems that need to be addressed.

Thank God that it's going well so far. I feel so badly for her parents:hug

Cindy - glad for the good news. Continuously lifting your family up in prayer.

I can also report that my friend's son went home. His mouth is wire shut. He boke his jaw bone! God is still good and blessing with miracles.

Good night my sisters!

Good morning!

It was nice to hear the good news from Julie, Cindy and Val!

There was lots to catch up on this morning which doesn't leave me much time to post!

Ryan had a great first birthday---he went to his first baseball game- they took him to a Somerset Patriots game--then after that they went swimming and then out to dinner. We all had a fun time- and he was sooooo good in the restaurant! It was a great way to finish off the day---

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Good morning ladies :coffee

So much good news this morning with all of you...it makes my heart happy :cheer:manyheart

Marisa - yes I know you are right because I felt so much better when I was going to one (not so many morning aches and pains too). I will have to look around this area but I live in Cobourg, Ontario...Port Hope would also be close. The closest big city would be Oshawa. If you know anyone around there let me know...no rush.. you have to finish your baby blanket :lol

Julie - :manyheart so happy for you !!! I can't imagine what it would be like waiting for the results. I would be so edgy.

Cindy - I never played Euchre until I came to Canada. I played all sorts of cards, spades and hearts and etc but I never knew Euchre. It's a good game. You see all sorts of senior centers around here having Euchre days on Sat or Sun. Very popular card game.

Crockpot soups are best when they do never taste the same way twice ;) This is another reason why I can never write down my cooking. Like you I add, subtract, see what I have, throw it in etc. Yours sounds really good though !

Metro is hit or miss with their chickens (at least ours is)...I like the chickens at the Independent or Loblaws stores better. Independent is in Port Hope though, don't always feel like driving the 6 km there...

I have a bread maker..I use it to make bread dough (which never lasts here either for the same reasons you mentioned) ...I also use it to make dog biscuits :dog

I am praying for your great niece.... thank God the news with her was good :manyheart

Marlene - see... I am always the last to find out... Everyone loves Euchre and here I just learned it 6 months ago :lol Good idea you had with freezing the onions. Hope Maya enjoys the library.

Val - so happy to hear about your friends son and the good news... :manyheart Can't wait to see pics of your finished 'ghan.

On the sweater front for me........hmmm I am well...well I am...well..not liking it. It is so so bulky around the edges........:bang:thair It just doesn't sit right....I am going to have to figure out what to do with it... but I am afraid I am on the verge of :frog. It has to be reworked somehow. The edging around the hood is so big and bulky, even with me in gauge.... oh well will think about it over :morcoffee .........

morning, peeps!

A teeny break from the humidity today:D

I'm liking the baby RR now...I frogged a few rows when I made the first color sequence change and I like this look better. I would say I'm 1/3rd finished with it.

Laura, what about finishing off the sweater without a hood - and then just make a separate hat?

I can also report that my friend's son went home. His mouth is wire shut. He boke his jaw bone! God is still good and blessing with miracles.

Good night my sisters!

That's great news that he went home!!!:clapIt could have been so much worse...

Ryan had a great first birthday---he went to his first baseball game- they took him to a Somerset Patriots game--then after that they went swimming and then out to dinner. We all had a fun time- and he was sooooo good in the restaurant! It was a great way to finish off the day---

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Awwww.....brainwashing treating him to his first live game!! Wow! I'll bet he slept very good last night:lol

Not too much on the agenda today - just need to water the flowers and do other odds and ends. Rain is supposed to be a constant companion over the next several days, so the grass will be happy,

Have a great day my friends:hug:manyheart

Archived