Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning ladies,

I'm on the iPad so will be short and didn't take notes. I hear people awake upstairs, but nobody has emerged yet soi decided to make a quick check in.

I left late yesterday.....another patient walked in as the 2nd 2 were leaving, his regular chiro is out of town. So of course I treated him too. So after that I didn't even finish up my paperwork. I was going to do some this morning, but my computer at work is not on, I'm guessing the powers out, so I cannot access it.

I met some of my friends here at the melting pot for dinner and it was the longest meal ever :eek

See y'all later.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning housemates!

Marlene - I'm glad Maya had a great 'last' day with you. So sorry your son is still going through with his ex.

Mary - I think the apts might be about the same size. However, I think the new one utilized the space more effectively. We like the new one better.

Marisa - good for you taking care of a new patient. Who knows, he might change doctors! Have a great weekend and safe travels!

Joanne - what do you have planned for today after the cable guy?

Judy, Laura, Cindy, Julie, and Linda...hope all is well!

Hi, ladies!

Not much going on here other than worked on my RR last night and watched the Yankee game! Wonderful win over Red Sox:D

....just wanted to say hello and again, to Jules, Linda and everyone...hugs and love to all of you!

...boy, am I in a mushy mood or what?:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Good morning ladies :coffee just a quick fly by........ I am hoping to get my hair done today, though I did not make an appt. so will see if I can get in..if not well..will do it another day. Hope to get my nails done too. Also saw a sweater on the Red Heart site I have to make for Aiden. It is herehttp://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/boys-dino-sweater . Alex was telling me last night how much he loves dinosaurs so I have to make this up quickly for him. So I am hoping to hit up the store for the yarn for it today......... I am blocking the other sweater pieces so will probably sew them together tomorrow........

Hope all goes well for everyone today..... will talk to you later :manyheart

Good morning everyone. It is a gorgeous day here, cool and sunny at the moment. I got up early, made coffee and sat out on the porch knitting for an hour before really getting my day started.

I'm not sure what we will end up doing today. Before I do anything else I need to vacuum. I cleaned all 3 bathrooms. dusted and cleaned the kitchen yesterday along with doing laundry. My grilled chicken turned in to crockpot chicken and dumplings, and that turned out to be a real hit with the little boys. After dinner we watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. (I quit watching after a while, it seemed way too long and I got bored.)

Marlene, sure hope that your son and his ex get all their business straightened out so that she can stop her shenanigans.

Marisa, its great you were there and able to accommodate that patient. There is a Melting Pot here that is a fondue restaurant. Sort of expensive and quite time consuming to eat there, but pretty good.

Joanne, hope you have a great weekend, and get rested up for another week in paradise.

Laura, if I did not already have so may WIPS. I'd make that dinosaur sweater for one of my grandsons. Hope you can get in to get your hair cut today.

Val, Judy, Linda, Julie, Tab, and anyone I may have missed, hope your day is great!

Good morning ladies :coffee just a quick fly by........ I am hoping to get my hair done today, though I did not make an appt. so will see if I can get in..if not well..will do it another day. Hope to get my nails done too. Also saw a sweater on the Red Heart site I have to make for Aiden. It is herehttp://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/boys-dino-sweater . Alex was telling me last night how much he loves dinosaurs so I have to make this up quickly for him. So I am hoping to hit up the store for the yarn for it today......... I am blocking the other sweater pieces so will probably sew them together tomorrow........

Hope all goes well for everyone today..... will talk to you later :manyheart

Nice sweater pattern!! Good luck with getting an appt, too.

Cindy, I love - and miss - dumplings. My mom used to make chicken dumpling soup - a cheap and filling meal for all of us kids.

Judy, I used to make beef stew with dumplings when my kids were little, they weren't crazy about beef stew, but they ate it because of the dumplings.

Dh just informed me that we are going out to dinner here. He asked for a table on the patio, hopefully there will be one available. When you make a reservation, they only guarantee you an indoor table. We've been there a number of times, since it is in our small town. It is a classy but casual spot and the patio is actually at it's best in the fall, when the trees along the river are colorful.

DD went to a movie, but said she would vacuum when she got home, before she goes out again tonight. So I've been reading and knitting all morning. I just need to dust the family room, somehow I missed that yesterday.

Here are pictures of my WIPs.

1. Shawl being made on the knifty knitter with Homespun leftover from another project.

2 and 3: Beginning of my log cabin afghan. The one square is complete and the others are partly finished. I have a ways to go, I need 25 squares and this is the beginning of the first 8. I have 5 or 6 more centers made as well.

4. Scarf I started knitting this week. It is actually dark red, not bright pink.

5. First motif for a grandmothers flower garden baby blanket that I plan to make from yarn dd picked up at the thrift store and various leftovers from other projects.

post-6189-135897770548_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897770551_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897770555_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897770558_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897770561_thumb.jpg

HI all,

Cable guy has come and gone and turns out there was a loose cable or something outside so it's all fixed - for free! He got here around 1 which wasn't too bad.

Judy- I watched the Yankee/Red Sox game too-it was a good one. Looking forward to today's game (if it doesn't get rained out)

I DVR'd the Olympic Opening ceremony so this way I can fast forward through it!! LOL

Cindy- I love the look of all your wips- the log cabin in particular has struck my eye!!! Oh, that restaurant looks great! I love outdoor dining and hope you are able to eat outside. No eating outside here- at least not now- the thunder boomers are starting up so it'll be raining soon!

I am on the fourth row of the border on my Granny stripe which I think will be the last. I did 2 rows of DC, 1 row of HDC and now doing a row of SC. Then will finish another Queen's Ann Lace scarf that is on my hook and about 80% done.

I've got the last load of laundry on, and cleaning is done. One benefit to 'having to be home" is that I got all my chores done! I was hoping to go out- but will wait for the storms to pass on through!

Hope you are all having a good day!'

Judy, I used to make beef stew with dumplings when my kids were little, they weren't crazy about beef stew, but they ate it because of the dumplings. I have to think about making dumplings again....they're such comfort food!

Dh just informed me that we are going out to dinner here. He asked for a table on the patio, hopefully there will be one available. When you make a reservation, they only guarantee you an indoor table. We've been there a number of times, since it is in our small town. It is a classy but casual spot and the patio is actually at it's best in the fall, when the trees along the river are colorful. That's a wonderful place!!! I checked out the menu, too - awesome choices! Have a great time.

DD went to a movie, but said she would vacuum when she got home, before she goes out again tonight. So I've been reading and knitting all morning. I just need to dust the family room, somehow I missed that yesterday.

It must have been a cloudy day ysterday;)

Here are pictures of my WIPs.

1. Shawl being made on the knifty knitter with Homespun leftover from another project.Nice color:c9

2 and 3: Beginning of my log cabin afghan. The one square is complete and the others are partly finished. I have a ways to go, I need 25 squares and this is the beginning of the first 8. I have 5 or 6 more centers made as well.

Very nice! And if you need a :kickbecause you're annoyed with having to join it...let me know:devil

4. Scarf I started knitting this week. It is actually dark red, not bright pink.

Good for you!:cheer

5. First motif for a grandmothers flower garden baby blanket that I plan to make from yarn dd picked up at the thrift store and various leftovers from other projects.

I love the look of that....

HI all,

Cable guy has come and gone and turns out there was a loose cable or something outside so it's all fixed - for free! He got here around 1 which wasn't too bad. Cablevision? I think they're pretty good....

Judy- I watched the Yankee/Red Sox game too-it was a good one. Looking forward to today's game (if it doesn't get rained out)

I DVR'd the Olympic Opening ceremony so this way I can fast forward through it!! LOL

We never got into the DVR thing. Saw some of the opening ceremonies...well...we weren't impressed with some of it...maybe you'll like it, esp since you can fast fwd through it.

I am on the fourth row of the border on my Granny stripe which I think will be the last. I did 2 rows of DC, 1 row of HDC and now doing a row of SC. Then will finish another Queen's Ann Lace scarf that is on my hook and about 80% done.Good work!

I've got the last load of laundry on, and cleaning is done. One benefit to 'having to be home" is that I got all my chores done! I was hoping to go out- but will wait for the storms to pass on through!

Hope you are all having a good day!'

Nothing like having to stay home...I also get so much done that way:lol

Have a great night, everyone:hug:manyheart

Thanks Joanne and Judy. We just got back from dinner and I'm so full I can barely keep my eyes open! We did get to sit out on the patio. it was a little warm at times, but msot of the time there was a breeze.

Judy, I watched some of the opening ceremonies night and thought that some parts were just plain boring! (and yes, it was cloudy yesterday, and rained quite a bit, but I managed to dust the bedrooms, living room and dining room, so I don't think I can blame the weather for missing the family room!)

Joanne, I always get lots more done if I have to stay home. Sounds like your day was really productive.

Judy- Glad that I was able to fast forward through the ceremony!!! I wouldn't have had the patience to watch it in prime time!!!

Cindy- Glad that you got to sit outdoors for dinner! Yes, it was a very productive day!!! Nothing to do tomorrow (well except run to the grocery store early)

I went over to DD's for dinner and some Ryan time- DH had plans this afternoon so it worked out well. Just got home and was listening to the game on the radio and the Yankees are losing. I have the Olympics on- even though I'm finding it kind of annoying that the results of what is shown in Prime Time are already all over the news before hand. I do enjoy the ladies volleyball and I like Misty May-Treanor and Keri Walsh!

They are starting so off I go!

Hi all...just a quick fly through again............ will catch up on postings tomorrow. Cindy I did see the pics of your WIPs though...very, very nice !!! Love the log cabin one and the one that looks like flowers.

It was a long day for me but mission accomplished !! Got my hair colored and cut...and the color is very natural and close to my own. I was amazed it turned out so good...the haircut was good... I was pleased. I got my hair flat ironed though and I don't think Brian has ever seen me with flattened out hair...he just kept looking, probably wondering if it was me :lol He liked it though.

Then treated myself to a manicure and a pedicure...and had my eyebrows waxed (long overdue they looked like bushes :lol) So all in all, a successful beauty day for me, though a fear quite a boring one for Brian. The hair salon was almost 3 hours .. :eek I of course had my :crocheting with me and worked on Aiden's blanket while waiting the time with the color in my hair :hook

Will read and catch up tomorrow......hope you all had a great day and are having a good night ! :manyheart

Good morning ladies,

Another quiet morning here until my friends begin to emerge. We had some of the Olympics on almost all day yesterday and I have basketball on now, the USA plays at 9:30. My friend loved the baby blanket :clap

Cindy- I love all your wips and think I'll look for the baby flower garden pattern. Glad you had a nice dinner, it looked like a beautiful restaurant.

Good morning!!

I finished the Granny Stripe last night! Will try and get some pictures later on this morning/afternoon.

Marisa- Glad that you posted about the basketball game- I was wondering when it was on and going to look it up after I finished posting here.

Laura- Sounds like a wonderful 'me' day for you yesterday. Happy to read that the hair cut/color was a success!!! And I love getting manicures/pedicures--I am scheduled to go Thursday after work!!!

Judy- Yes it was Cablevision- last night had a little spurt of when the tv seemed to freeze and the computer, and I'm hoping that it was because it was thundering/lightening outside

Cindy, Val, Marlene, Mary, Julie, Tab, Linda and everyone- have a good Sunday! Ryan and DD are coming over later on this afternoon for dinner! It's another humid, cloudy, t-storm in the forecast kind of day--supposed to be like this all week.

Good morning housemates!

Cindy - I'm glad you got to eat outside! Your wips are beautiful. I really love your choice of colors for the Log cabin! Chicken and dumplings were one of my favorites. We use to watch my mom make them and the roll the dough out flat and cut the strips. Do you make your dumplings from scratch?

Joanne - glad your cable was fixed. Enjoy your time with Ryan and DD. I think this is the only weekend I can recall of you spending so much time at home!

Laura - glad you had a successful day of pampering. I wish I could get a pedicure. I cannot stand for anyone to touch my feet. My cousin treated me to a pedicure several years ago and I kicked and laughed, twisted and turned. I could not stand for the clerk to touch my feet.

Marisa - I knew your friend would love the blanket. Hope you're having a wonderful time.

Judy - how's your hip? What do you have planned for today?

Trying to make myself start a new ghan or put the edging on the one - just completed!

Have a good day all! Hello Linda, Julie, Tab, Marlene and Mary!

Morning ladies :coffee

In reading through yesterdays posts, I see everyone had a great day :clap so glad !!!

Brian is starting midnight shift tonight for two weeks. So I will be posting at some wonky hours :eek. I always try to keep his schedule because he changes shifts every two weeks, but midnights is a hard one for me to keep. I usually stay up later, and make him something he can eat for dinner when he gets home. I sleep for a bit, see him when he comes home for a bit, nap with him for a bit...its a crazy :loco schedule . You know its nuts when you are cooking dinner at 1 am. :lol He works hard though and I like to try to have something he can heat up that is warm and good to eat when he gets home at 7. I do get a lot of :crocheting done when he is on midnights though.......

Now lets see...going back into the postings.......

Val - oh meant to tell you the other day, yeah the car alarm on the neighbors car finally shut off. Then it went on again. So I went outside. Seems they have a new car and were having difficulty with how to shut it off or something :think I too get a little squirmy when they are scrubbing part of my feet (I am ticklish I guess) but since I love the end results, I put up with it :lol

Marisa- I love it where you said the power went off and you :crocheting by the window cause it was still light. That is what I did during Katrina. I had a blanket I was working on and I had that yarn with me so it survived. I would crochet by light until it got too sticky too. See real :crocheting addicts don't let a thing like power stop them :lol

Melting pot was a long dinner, but I bet it was a good one !

Marlene- Good info re the divorce papers and social security...I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that ! I always kept my papers because at the tiime we still had minor children that were being shuffled between households and I'd have to pull out the papers from time to time to remind him what they said. :sigh So glad Maya had a great time at the library and it is nice you let the ladies know you appreciated them. That always makes someones day :manyheart I saw the Unexpected Afghans book when I was at Chapters, it had some really interesting stuff in it. I might see if I can try to pick it up cheap somewhere or if our library has it. Chapters charges too much :(

Mary - funny what you said about Luke and the tractors and bulldozers... my sons had a dvd about tractors and bulldozers and stuff and they loved it. Kept them amused for hours :lol

Joanne- heh I hate those 3 hour windows with the cable and phone people etc. When we moved it was really a hassle. Kept trying to get them all in the same "window" but it didn't work :( Glad it straightened out for you...and it was free !!! I think a manicure and a pedicure is a great pampering thing. Even if I just go and get the polish changed on my nails, I feel pampered and special :)

Cindy - your WIPs are great !!! I can't wait to see the finished work ! Your outside dinner looked fantastic. What a great way to wrap up the end of the day !!!

Judy - hope your staying home was productive :)

I hope to wizz out to Zellers (its like a Canadian Wal Mart) today to find a new flat iron for my hair and to get the wool for Aiden's sweater...other than that, not much planned as Brian has to be at work at 9:30. He will sleep in late this morning so he can work all night............

:manyheart to all.......... Julie, hope you are doing well my friend

Good Afternoon, my friends!

We got up late, at almost 8:30 (for us that's very late) and even the dogs slept in. The t/storms kept them awake last night. Sparkie was pacing all around the upstairs, he was so nervous.:(

It was a long day for me but mission accomplished !! Got my hair colored and cut...and the color is very natural and close to my own. I was amazed it turned out so good...the haircut was good... I was pleased. I got my hair flat ironed though and I don't think Brian has ever seen me with flattened out hair...he just kept looking, probably wondering if it was me :lol He liked it though.I love when the hairdresser smooths out my hair - but I don't think I'll even attempt it till the humidity disappears in a couple of months (or more). I just want a smooth bob...boring, but nice:D

Then treated myself to a manicure and a pedicure...and had my eyebrows waxed (long overdue they looked like bushes :lol) So all in all, a successful beauty day for me, though a fear quite a boring one for Brian. The hair salon was almost 3 hours .. :eek I of course had my :crocheting with me and worked on Aiden's blanket while waiting the time with the color in my hair :hook

Will read and catch up tomorrow......hope you all had a great day and are having a good night ! :manyheart

When you have a hook in your hand no down time is ever wasted!:lol

My friend loved the baby blanket :clap

Of course she did!:clap

Cindy- I love all your wips and think I'll look for the baby flower garden pattern. Glad you had a nice dinner, it looked like a beautiful restaurant.

Have a good day!!!

Judy - how's your hip? What do you have planned for today?

Not much on the agenda...making a Greek dinner: Greek meatballs and rice pilaf, qalso Greek style - and a Greek style salad (but we always have that)

Tomorrow I'm getting an xray of my hip to rule out any bone issues. By now there should be more improvement than I've had...the films will tell a lot, hopefully. Even my internist had asked when I first went to him if I'd had a hip xray. I gave the PT that DS has used the 3 weeks the MD suggested, so now we see if we can learn more.

At least it rarely bothers me after the first couple of hours in the morning...:)

Trying to make myself start a new ghan or put the edging on the one - just completed!

Hmmm...I might start a new ghan, then when I got bored, go back and edge the other one:lol

Brian is starting midnight shift tonight for two weeks. So I will be posting at some wonky hours :eek. I always try to keep his schedule because he changes shifts every two weeks, but midnights is a hard one for me to keep. I usually stay up later, and make him something he can eat for dinner when he gets home. I sleep for a bit, see him when he comes home for a bit, nap with him for a bit...its a crazy :loco schedule . You know its nuts when you are cooking dinner at 1 am. :lol He works hard though and I like to try to have something he can heat up that is warm and good to eat when he gets home at 7. I do get a lot of :crocheting done when he is on midnights though.......

When we were newlyweds DH worked a different shift every week:P He was a cop then...and I was working, so we went days without seeing each other!

Judy - hope your staying home was productive :)

I had a nice day - read a lot. Almost finished an old Nora Roberts book a friend passed on to me. This afternoon it'll be done.

I hope to wizz out to Zellers (its like a Canadian Wal Mart) today to find a new flat iron for my hair and to get the wool for Aiden's sweater...other than that, not much planned as Brian has to be at work at 9:30. He will sleep in late this morning so he can work all night............

:manyheart to all.......... Julie, hope you are doing well my friend

Happy shopping!

I'm off the mix the meatball ingredients. They have to sit for an hour or so.. THe house will smell of sooooo many spices! I use cooking gloves to mix it - or the garlic and onions stay on my hands all day:lol

Hane a good day everyone! BBL

Hi everyone. ♥♥♥ I love my laptop...I can do all the fun little symbols now.:lol

Cindy ~ All of your projects are wonderful! The flower afghan has always been a favorite - I think Julie made at least one of them. :think Your log cabin colors are great together!

Joanne ~ So glad your internet is working! Yay for finishing the granny stripe. :clap

Valerie ~ I know you all are anxious to move into your new apartment! How are the afghans coming along? :crocheting

Marisa ~ It's so special that you're spending time with your friend and that you could deliver the baby 'ghan in person. :c9

Judy ~ Yum! Your Greek dinner sounds so good.:) About 40 years ago, my MIL told me a "cure" for the garlic smell...rub your hands on anything stainless steel! I usually use a large serving spoon and it works! Please let us know the x-ray results. :manyheart

Laura ~ Oh, those shift changes must be hard! I know that Brian loves the fact that he has home cooked meals and your company when he comes in. :yes Good for you for pampering yourself yesterday!

I crocheted a lot yesterday! Can't remember the last time I did that. :hook I'm on the border of the fish 'ghan and should finish this afternoon.

Hi everyone. ♥♥♥ I love my laptop...I can do all the fun little symbols now.:lol

I'm happy to see someone else is as easiy amused as I am:lol:lol:lol

Judy ~ Yum! Your Greek dinner sounds so good.:) About 40 years ago, my MIL told me a "cure" for the garlic smell...rub your hands on anything stainless steel! I usually use a large serving spoon and it works! I grabbed a nearly used up lemon...that did the trick for the little bit of onion I had to chop at the last minute. Dinner was excellent - and the house stinks to high heaven:lol:lol:lol:lol

Please let us know the x-ray results. :manyheart

I will...probably won't learn anything for at least a couple of days.

I crocheted a lot yesterday! Can't remember the last time I did that. :hook I'm on the border of the fish 'ghan and should finish this afternoon.

You're on a roll!! You said you were going to make another fishie ghan - what colors?

Looking forwards to pics!

Just a quick flyby today from me. I'm trying to stay off the computer for the day! (but couldn't resist dropping by for "just a minute!")

I've often started the day with good intentions like that:lol

We were just out for a coffee run with the pups - they're exhausted and now it's time for me to finally pick up my hook today!

Have a great night everyone:hug:manyheart

Hello ladies :hi

Well did not get to the store for yarn...other things got in the way...will try again tomorrow...

I wanna go Judy's house to eat the Greek food !!!!! OMG that sounds soooooooooooooooo yummy !!!!!!!

Judy - when I was living in the states and working before my accident, when Brian worked midnights and I worked days, we had like this 2-3 hour window from me getting home to him leaving when we could Skype each other...I remember that...we didn't talk or "see" each other as much then......I couldn't wait until he got back to days !!!

Good you are getting the hip xray...I hope it turns out ok.

Mary - I see you are having fun with your laptop :) A new toy, always fun. Brian works so hard for us, so I try to do the little things to show I appreciate it. Sometimes though he comes in at 7 and sees me on the couch like this :sleep and he just laughs hahaha

I wanna see pics of the finished fish 'ghan ! :)

Forgot to say to Marisa... of course your friend liked the baby ghan...its beautiful !!!!!!

Don't know what to have for dinner......think I am going to slap on a steak...

Laura ~ I hope you get to go yarn shopping tomorrow! :yarn

It's finished! The yellow is much prettier in person - I used Vanna's Terra Cotta, Ducky and Colonial Blue.

it looks gorgeous in th epicture - I can't imagine it in person!!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Mary - your ghan is beautiful. Yes, I wish we were moved already. I really hate moving and wish we could have stayed here until I move back to Bama. Just can't take the place anymore. I haven't done much crocheting for the last 2 days.

Judy - dinner sounds delicious.

Laura - I could really go for a delicious steak. Hope you get to go for your yarn on tomorrow!

Cindy - glad you dropped in.

Archived