Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies

Quick jump in to say hello . Thought I'd jump in quick to say thinking of all of you .

Sorry I am too far behind to catch up just now . Cam's here this weekend so just played a couple games of Parcheesi with him. He has loved that game for many years now .

Still hanging in here,have some better times and some that are still not great. It kinda comes and goes now .

Tomorrow is my scan. Keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out ok . I really dont have the steam to do much else just now .

Joanne

A belated Birthday greeting for Ryan --good grief, a years went by in the blink of an eye ! He looks like a very healthy boy and a true Lover of Cake ! :)

Hope everyone else is well . Will try to drop in more often this coming week .

Hi ladies

Quick jump in to say hello . Thought I'd jump in quick to say thinking of all of you . I'm glad you jumped in!!! Missing you- and think of you often- you are in my prayers!

Sorry I am too far behind to catch up just now . Cam's here this weekend so just played a couple games of Parcheesi with him. He has loved that game for many years now .

Still hanging in here,have some better times and some that are still not great. It kinda comes and goes now . :hug

Tomorrow is my scan. Keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out ok . I really dont have the steam to do much else just now . :hugPositive thoughts coming your way!

Joanne

A belated Birthday greeting for Ryan --good grief, a years went by in the blink of an eye ! He looks like a very healthy boy and a true Lover of Cake ! :) I just had to put a picture of him with CAKE!!! He sure did seem to enjoy it! I can't believe it's a year already- He actually turns 1 on Tuesday!

Drop in as you can!

I think I'm more of a sports nut than my DH---:lol When we first started dating, he asked me to do something on a Sunday- and the Giants were playing- so I told him, my plans involve watching the Giants today- you are more than welcome to join me, or we'll have to make plans for another day!:lol

Laundry is ready for the dryer- off I go........

When we started dating DH thought I was giving him a line when I told him I was a Yankee fan...until he quizzed me on the team...and baseball rules:lol Football came later with me, after we were married, followed by hockey (after I saw my first live game in St. Louis!). Now I make HIM change back to whatever game is on if he's watching something else:lol

Val...getting up was not too bad...I think I may have to stick with 2 treatments this week instead of dropping one....getting there!

Here's a pic of Ryan before everyone arrived and one of him enjoying his birthday cake!

Oh, he's so precious!

Hi ladies

Quick jump in to say hello . Thought I'd jump in quick to say thinking of all of you .

Still hanging in here,have some better times and some that are still not great. It kinda comes and goes now .

Tomorrow is my scan. Keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out ok . I really dont have the steam to do much else just now .

Postive thoughts...and fingers and toes crossed!!

Enjoy being with Cam. He's a wonderful distraction for you at such a rough time.

Julie - so glad you dropped in. Continuously lifting you up in prayer. I'm glad you have Cam there. Trusting God that all will be well on tomorrow!

Judy - glad things are getting better. Praying that you'll be. 100% soon.

Joanne - Ryan is soooo adorable.

Hello everyone. Having another lazy day here. I'vedbeen sitting outside reading since we got home from church. I think I'm or a while now.

Julie, good to hear from you. Sending good thoughts for the scan tomorrow. Glad you are having some time with Cam.

Joanne, I can't believe how Ryan has grown. What a handsome little boy!

Hi Ladies,

I'm finally caught up again. Thursday morning my alarm didn't go off or I had it set for radio and it's turned way down as I never use the radio. We ended up going to coffee/breakfast with my MIL then the 2 brothers DH golfs with showed up. Hubby called and told he wasn't golfing in the rain. It was pouring out and they still wanted to golf. They golfed after a couple of hours. Hubby had a dentist appt to, then we went for a late lunch. We decided to go to the bar where we met. His sister use to cook there and we haven't been there only once since she left there. He had tacos and they were good he said. I had a reuben one of my favorite sandwiches and it wasn't that good. They used chunks of meat instead of shaved and the bread tasted like whatever was cooked on the grill before it. Needless to say I got diahrrea during the night and all morning. Won't eat there again. We also stopped at a garage sale. It was a home of my kids 1st grade teacher. We had a nice visit. I showed her pics of the GKs. She had a dish of little needlework kits in (Christmas kits) looking through them I had a migraine come on. I usually take an allergy pill and 2 ibprofens and that use to work for me leaving just a mild headache. But these past migraines it hasn't helped me. So I decided to not take anything until I couldn't stand the headache anymore. Doctor appt is going to have to be made i'm afraid.

Yesterday my sister and bil came up so he could fish with hubby. My sis and I had a really nice visit. He comes up often but she doesn't as she usually is working. I took Maya down to play in the water with some neighbor kids. She is waiting for me to get this done so we can go swimming.

I remember it seems like some of were getting are hair cut. I went thursday to a new lady. She has the salon where my MIL lives. One of my SIL's goes there and loves her. She has naturally curly hair and said she highly recommends her. I don't like my hair. She asked all these questions and did what I told her I didn't like. My hair is to short, my bangs are to short. My SIL said she tells her to cut it like it has grown out 2 or 3 weeks and it give it that long and I will like it. I won't like it this winter when it gets cold and I don't have hair on my neck to keep me warm. I don't know if I will give her a second chance or not.

Judy, the babyghan is beautiful! Hope you caught the british open it was on this morning. Maybe you dvrd it. Hubby watch it and now he is sleeping. Would of said napping but it's been 2 hours. My DS has a GF and she watches sports and goes to games to. Her Dad gets tickets to things all the time and passes them on or takes the family with him. He's very happy with her. They dated years ago when they worked for the same co.

Glad DS stronger treatment with the ultrasound is working. Hopefully it won't be much longer before it's all gone.

Mary, 109 is way to hot for any one. Hope it cools down for you soon.

Joanne, Glad all 3 daughters were able to get together to celebrate Ryan's birthday with you. He is so adorable! He looks big for a 1 year old. Good for you to saying no on not working this weekend.

Linda, Taking it easy unpacking is good for your body. Don't want you hurting yourself. Glad your meeting your neighbors. My MIL has lived in her apt for 22 years. She lives in a senior complex. Glad you'll be spending time with Kim when John goes to Texas. I bet they really miss you.

Cindy, It wasn't raining when we left are house, but 5 miles away it was and it rained the whole trip. Once it quite we never did get any more rain there. DD was here with Maya and they went to the library and the show.

Val, My hometown is Grand Ledge. It's an hour drive from here. The bedspread you made your friend is beautiful! Sometimes we need a day of relaxing. Happy hooking time today.

Julie, Glad Cam is with you this weekend. I bet he's missed you. Praying for good results tomorrow and everyday to be better than the day before. The pic of Cam & Pyper is precious. My friend felt the same as you do. :hug Hang in there.

Laura, Sorry you had to frog the sleeve. I made a note of it. I buy CW. The sweater looks great so far. Precious pic of your son and Aiden. The scarf and hat are awesome. Congrats on the request to write about Katrina. Hope you share it with us. Sorry to hear about your wool. I would do the same thing and move it out of my bedroom. Did you go for your walk?

Marisa, You've been so busy the last few weeks you need a night to do nothing. The party for our folks sounds like a great time.

Strawberry, The afghan is beautiful! The colors are very pretty. The bag for your DD is cute.

Hope I didn't miss any one. Sorry if I did! Off to get ready to go swimming with Maya. Catch you all soon!

Marlene, I'm sorry your migraines aren't responding to the meds you used to use:hug:hug I hope you were able to enjoy your swim time with Maya.

I did see the last couple of hours of the Open.... I like the kid, Scott, but was soooo happy Ernie Els won! He's a class guy and hasn't won too much lately. I heard it was 10 years and a day since he won the British Open last time (the only other time he's won it, I think).

Off I go for the night. Havea good one everybody:hug:manyheart:hug

Hi House. Sorry I've been sort of "hit and miss" with my posting...these allergies are driving me crazy. (or crazier :lol) I actually slept this afternoon...I nap about every 5 years.

Julie ~ We'll be thinking of you tomorrow. :hug I'm so glad Cam has been there!

Joanne ~ Oh, Ryan is adorable.:c9 You can just tell that he's a happy baby!

Marlene ~ I hope you can get some relief for the migraines. :manyheart Sorry about the haircut...I got lucky last week with a new person.

Judy ~ We watched the British Open, too. Totally agree about Ernie being a class act...and probably very surprised at the outcome! :D

Hi to the rest of my friends, too. I hope you all have a good evening. :manyheart

Good morning!

Can't believe that it's Monday already!

Julie- I'll be thinking of you today!

Marlene- Sure hope that you can get the migraines back under control again. Did you and Maya have fun swimming? That's too bad about the hair cut- but thankfully, hair does grow back!

Mary- My DD's allergies have been acting up too--Sure hope yours are feeling a bit better today. She and I took Ryan for a nice long walk yesterday- about 2 1/2 miles and let me tell you I slept like a baby last night!

It will be a long day today- I'm staying late to do the upgrade that was supposed to happen last week. At least I didn't work this weekend!!!

Have a good Monday, one and all!

Good morning everyone. I've been up since 4:30 (couldn't sleep) and I don't even have to work today. I'll be dragging by dinner time.

No big plans for today, just the usual, a little laundry and some cleaning. Its supposed to be really hot today, so I'll be hiding indoors.

morning, peeps.

Cindy, it's already on its way to being a very hot day today here, too. :P

Joanne, here's hoping the gremlins don't mess up your work today!! Fingers crossed!

Hey to Mary, Linda, Tab, Jules, Laura, Strawberry, Marlene, all my buds!!

Stay cool and have a good day.:hug

Good morning,

I've been up and down all night.

Joanne - yes, Monday came quickly. Glad you didn't work this weekend. Hope today goes really fast with you!

Mary - hope your allergies give you some relief soon. I'm having to spray my nose and take allergy medicine.

Marlene - sorry you're still having migraines. Hope you feel better soon.

Cindy - sorry you can't sleep. Maybe you can take a nap later.

Julie - thinking of you and praying!

Morning my house sisters :coffee

Yesterday, since it was Brian's only day off (due to overtime that we hate at the time but love when the check come)...we declared a NO internet day. We stayed off the thing and spent the day with each other. Novel idea eh? :lol

We took some walks with the dog along Lake Ontario. We slept in..took our time, cooked a brunch....we even played Trivial Pursuit and Cribbage. :eek Gosh I can't think of the last time we played actual board games and card games...

On the :crocheting front...well I did finish both sleeves..and did the hood. The hood was totally bulky and heavy and when I sewed it to the neck seams the weight made it look bad. Since I really don't like sewing anyway, I am reworking it to a hood connected by crochet to the neck edge...ie I am just crocheting it from the neck edge and a bit of the shoulder. Will see how this experiment turns out... :think

I will read all the posts and catch up and write individual posts in a bit... first I need :morcoffee

:manyheart to all

Hi Ladies. It seems like there's something going on at Our House :wink...so many of us have allergies, are not sleeping well, or have migraines! :ghug I think we all need to take a vacation where nothing like that is allowed - with our hooks and yarn, of course. :idea

Laura ~ The sweater "fix" sounds like a super idea! Great idea to have a "no internet" day!

Cindy ~ Oh, sorry your heat has returned. That's just not supposed to happen where you live! We cooled off a little - yesterday was only 102*.:lol

Joanne ~ Your walk with Ryan and DD sounds so nice. :c9

Julie ~ Lots of hugs coming your way. :hug

Time for me to accomplish something while I feel like it!

Hi ladies

Just a note to say I'm home from my scan. Now it's wait for the news . Keeping my fingers crossed that it's good. They were faxing the results up to the main Cleve.Clinic to be read .

Will stop back in when i hear anything .

Hello ladies :manyheart

Ugh just finished detangling my :yarn which was all knotted up in the center of the skien....oh how I dislike that :angry:angry

Cindy- I am certainly in prayer for your nephew and his daughter... I pray she will not need the transplant and that they also get the support they need..

Your walk along Lake Michigan sounds like it turned out great ! I always love the cooling breezes off Lake Ontario on a hot day...

Tab- AWESOME Woodstock pics !!! ooh thank you so much....would really like to go there one day....

Linda - things are bad when you move and can't find the wool for your project :eek (your prayer shawl) I'm sure it will turn up. Glad your health is improving.

Mary - 106 degrees there :eek omg....

Joanne - we sure did walk along Lake Ontario. We went to a place called Lucas Point Park, which is a trail along the lake, just above the beach. Can't take the dog on the beach .

Sooooo cute pics of Ryan !!!!! What a doll he is. So glad you shared them.

Julie - Always so glad to see you drop in....I am hoping good things for your scan..

Marlene - Sure I will give you a link to my Katrina bit after I write it. I am having a challenge trying to keep politics out of it :lol but so far I am succeeding in just minorly relating some as necessary to the story. I mean we sat there for 5 days...FIVE DAYS in 100 weather, no ac, trees on our roofs, water in our house, and no one with help, water, ice...no power no water...made people a tad upset..:angry but we survived... was so upset about my wool though.

Judy - Morning to you (afternoon now :lol) and happy monday to you !

Marisa - Hope all is going well with you.

Val - Hoping your prayer request will turn out well for all. Prayer is so powerful...it is how we made it through Katrina...much, much prayer...

Strawberry - How's that afghan?

Ok back to the hood for me.........:hook

Hi Ladies. It seems like there's something going on at Our House :wink...so many of us have allergies, are not sleeping well, or have migraines! :ghug I think we all need to take a vacation where nothing like that is allowed - with our hooks and yarn, of course. :idea

You got that right girl !!! Best idea I have heard all day !!! :idea:cheer

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I'm running in slow motion today :eek Well, yesterday I got some crocheting done and I need to finish this baby blanket by thursday evening since I'm driving out to Palmyra/Hershey on Friday to see my friend for the weekend. She's having a get together to see the nursery on Sat and my parents will be going down too :D My friend is super excited that they are coming for a bit :yes Plus, they're going to switch cars with me so we have the van in a few weeks for the trip to Ocean City, MD.

Let's see, today? :think Well, my alarm went off for going to swim at the gym, I hit snooze twice and when I got up had a throbbing headache, so I took some motrin and crawled back into get for another hour and a half, when I hit snooze for another half hour after that :eek Still feeling sluggish....hope I'm not getting sick and it's just allergies :xfin

My hair dresser had his appt this morning and we took a pic of him on the table, some of you may catch it on fb :lol When he comes back in 2 weeks we're going to do the video we've been talking about for a while now :think I've already got 2 patient's lined up to come in and give a testamonial for it :bounce Well actually 3, we're going to have Averie give one too from a kids perspective :yes

Linda - Glad you're getting the much needed rain and that it held out til the end of your move! I always have PB&J too as a quick fix...you might be sick of it for a while though :think

Cindy - Gorgeous pic in the link you shared, beautiful view :yes Sorry you were up early, too bad I can't transfer some of my extra sleep to you :idea

Judy - isn't it funny how seeing a game live just flips that switch to get you hooked :think That's how basketball was for me, I never followed it until I went to my first Sixers game :lol How is your hip feeling?

Marlene - Sorry to hear about your migraines :hug And about the haircut :hug I'm getting mine done next week and I'm well over due :eek

Mary - Something surely must be in the air, because I took a nap yesterday as well, which I also never do :eek Hook in hand and everything :lol I agree on the vacation....we should all meet at a remote destination!

Joanne - Great pics from the party, I can't believe how big Ryan is and that he's already a year! Also great pic of your 3 dd's that you put on fb :manyheart I hope they don't keep you too awfully late tonight :hug

Val - What movies did you watch??

Julie - Glad you found a moment to stop by, don't stress yourself with trying to catch up, just move forward :hug Prayers and positive thoughts from your scan today!

Laura - I think it's great that you and Brian spent the day together without technology :yes Definitely need to do that every so often :yes How's your hood coming out?

Hi, Marrisa! It was more glute pain across the hip area this AM so DS treated that today, too...when he poked he definitely found the tenderness. He also showed me some mild isometric exercises to do do strengthen the entire leg and hip area. Those were a good idea, since me and the gym have never had much of a relationship:lol. The only weight-bearing exercise I get is when I leash up both dogs at the same time and the 3 of us go down to the corner and back to check pee mail:D

Morning my house sisters :coffee

Yesterday, since it was Brian's only day off (due to overtime that we hate at the time but love when the check come)...we declared a NO internet day. We stayed off the thing and spent the day with each other. Novel idea eh? :lolThat's a terrific thing to do!!

We took some walks with the dog along Lake Ontario. We slept in..took our time, cooked a brunch....we even played Trivial Pursuit and Cribbage. :eek Gosh I can't think of the last time we played actual board games and card games...

On the :crocheting front...well I did finish both sleeves..and did the hood. The hood was totally bulky and heavy and when I sewed it to the neck seams the weight made it look bad. Since I really don't like sewing anyway, I am reworking it to a hood connected by crochet to the neck edge...ie I am just crocheting it from the neck edge and a bit of the shoulder. Will see how this experiment turns out... :think

I will read all the posts and catch up and write individual posts in a bit... first I need :morcoffee

:manyheart to all

I think you're on to something with the hood. I hope you can get it to work!

Hi ladies

Just a note to say I'm home from my scan. Now it's wait for the news . Keeping my fingers crossed that it's good. They were faxing the results up to the main Cleve.Clinic to be read .

Will stop back in when i hear anything .

Hugs, my friend....I know it's the NOT knowing that can make you so crazy:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Hi again.

Julie, thanks for checking in, Fingers crossed that the scan results are good.

I did laundry and some cleaning today, and I finished the book I started last week. I also went through my WIPs and frogged the projects that I doubted I would ever finish. I frogged a knit scarf, a knit shawl, a crocheted cardigan, a crocheted shawl, and more. I wound all that yarn back into balls, and put it away. I still have lots of Wips, but at least they seem a bit more manageable.

And I did start another project, a knit scarf for my dd for Christmas.

I have 8 blocks nearly finished for my log cabin afghan (out of 25) and also one motif for a scrap baby afghan. The motif is about 11 inches across, so I think 16 or so ought to plenty, maybe even less if I add a border.

My nephews daughter is still in intensive care, and will require more testing. She had a heart catheterization yesterday and they found some cardiac defects that have likely been present since birth. Not sure what other tests are planned.

Work day for me tomorrow, not sure if I will be back this evening or not.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Hope these allergies pass for you quickly. A vacation sounds great.

Joanne, Hope they don't keep up to late at work today.

Laura, A great day you had yesterday-the walk along the lake and playing games. Hubby and I haven't played cribbage in a long time. He and his brother play a game or two of cribbage after golf. My grandpa taught all of his grandkids to play cribbage. I wish alzheimer hadn't taken him and he could of taught my kids to. Good luck with that hood.

Marisa, A video for your business is a great idea. Another fun weekend coming up. Enjoy!

Judy, DS is really helping you out. Hope this don't last to much longer.

Cindy, How sad such a young child has to go through all this. Keeping your family in my prayers. Hope you get some much needed sleep tonight.

Julie, Waiting is the hardest part. Hang in there. Remember were all here for you. :hug

It was a hot day here today. Maya and I went to the post office and the store quickly. Maya was really bored today. She didn't want to do anything I suggested. So I said maybe she would like me to call her Mom and tell her she is ready to come home and to call Heather (daycare). She quickly said no. I did talk her into making some brownies even as hot as it was outside. Then she decided we would play candy land. We played 8 games and I called it quits. She was fine after that. It's hard for her because kids are around on the weekends and no kids around during the week. I'll catch you guys tomorrow. Have a nice evening!

HI all,

Well, the upgrade was successful and I left work at 8:15- so that is done! It was a long day, but at least it is done and I don't have to stay another night!

I have to be in tomorrow @7:30- I scheduled a meeting from 7:30-10- so we can finish up some things that HAVE to be done tomorrow! But at least I will leave on time since

we are going out to Friendly's with Ryan to celebrate his 'real' 1st birthday tomorrow night!

Please forgive this tired brain from responding individually tonight!

Hugs to you all!

Morning my house sisters and fellow wool addicts :coffee:yarn ...

Well I guess I just had to get a sympathy headache for all of you sufferers out there yesterday :headache because in the afternoon I came down with the nastiest migraine :out. I have not had one like that in a long time...of course it was hot out, about 33 or so (91) and really humid. Really threw me for a loop...needless to say not much got done on the hood :crocheting.

Brian came home and I was :out in bed. He went to the store and got what any man would for dinner, one of those rotisserie chickens and whatever else was in the Metro deli. Chicken was a bit dry and the potatoes were..well..I did not say anything because I was sick and he went and got food. At least he did not go to McDonalds or something. Mary's vacation idea :idea is sounding better and better :lol

Cindy - so sorry to hear about your nephews daughter...will definitely keep praying for the child. You must post pics of the log cabin afghan, I have always wanted to make one of those. (if I start now it could be done in 2 years or so :lol)

Marlene - I learned to play Cribbage young too by my grandparents. I taught it to Brian and he taught me Euchre, which is vastly popular in Canada. I have the oldest wooden crib board...think I have had it at least 20 years. Have replaced the pegs a few times, but the board just keeps on going... :)

Kids get bored fast sometimes...well at least you got Maya interested in something !

Marissa - how's the baby blanket coming? :crocheting

Joanne - hope you got some rest. I know my brain was on total shut off mode last night. Brian ended up going out to the drug store and getting me some drugs..some tylenol with caffeine and 8 mg of Codeine, which is over the counter in Canada. I took 2 of those and it relieved the headache and I went to zombie land. Doesn't take much drug wise for me.

Time for :morcoffee will check in later :hug:manyheart

Flyby - will read posts later!

An update...today was a really good morning...pain was so much less than yesterday - DS is a keeper!

Later....

Archived