Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I logged on here before noon :eek I get sidetracked way too easilly :sigh

I got 4 more rows on my graph ghan last night, then counted out the rest of the rows for stitch #'s per color for each row. It makes it go quicker than trying to count as I go, this way I only have to follow the #'s and rarely the actual graph :lol Swam this morning and came in a little later than usual. We're going out for wings tonight for a little birthday celebration for our neighbor :yay

I hope the weekend stays quiet :xfin

Cindy - Great haul on the yarn and I agree about the bernat super saver :yes I hope you found something quiet to do while dd's sleeping....maybe crochet???? :devil

Judy - What's on your agenda and how's' that hip doing? Any news on the x-rays?

Mary - Oooo, I enjoy kabobs :drool

Marlene - I hope your headache is feeling better :hug What are you reading?

Joanne - It's so annoying when they can't find the real problem with the cable :sigh You're going to Boston tomorrow, right?! Have a great trip :clap

Phyllis - Oh boy :hug I hope today goes better than yesterday :xfin

Val - Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better :hug

I hope you're all having a great day and I'll probably drop back in before heading out for the day :hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, ladies....

Marisa, I have 2 more rounds to go on my RR and then I'll post a pic here.

DS called today, and the xrays didn't show any huge issues...other than degenerative issues in the bones and bone loss:P. There was something mentioned in the report that started with an "s"...caused by a "previous injury" to the hip. I forget the word he said, but I have fallen at least twice on that side over the past years - once in the snow (wrong footwear) and once I took a trip over a tree stump in the dark:P

I am a klutz:lol anywho...stretching, etc...are in order. I haven't felt bad enough to use ice for the past 3 mornings, so though it hurts I feel like I'm over the worst and maybe it'll continue to improve to where I won't need to "warm up" before starting my day. I do need and want to get out and walk, but the weather has been so horribly humid - and I don't do that sort of weather at all. Maybe a walk in a mall will be nice:D

Hi to everyone else...have a great night:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

Internet is still working so that is a plus! I am hoping to catch up on the posts when I'm in Boston!! Today was busy- it always is extra busy when I am going to be off and have to give updates and make sure things are covered- although I'll still have lots of catching up to do on Thursday- work is out of mind NOW!!!

I have to do laundry and then want to pack so everything is ready to go bright and early in the morning!

Will touch base from Beantown!

Hi ladies

Quick jump in to say hello. I have my good days and not so good. The med must be starting to kick in.Some days I feel improvement of a small amount and others I am SO tired, I can't even explain it. So on the tired days I sleep . ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT .

Never thought a person could sleep this much .

Cam is here today so trying to stay awake to entertain him, but he pretty much entertains himself now. I told him if I fall asleep to wake me up if he needs anything .

I feel like he is babysitting ME .

Anyhow, now much else new here . Hotter than blue blazes again ,up in the 90's .

Hope everyone is doing well .

Cindy

Have a great time camping next week. I have camped my whole life-- we always went as kids, then went sometimes with our kids, but none of them liked it much ,so we didnt go often.

We havent gone now in quite a long time . I wish wer had a trailer again, it would be much easier than a tent . The older you get,the less tent camping works. You get too old and rickety and sleeping in a tent is not easy when you are rickety .

Will check in next time I'm awake from my NAP .

Morning ladies, popping in for a quick hello. Too much housework to do. Just between us, I hate Saturdays; housework day, I call it! Blah!

Judy - Yes the colours are lovely together, but my crocheting is to be disired. Some times I am tight at crochet and then at times loose. This makes the pattern look uneven. Drives me batty. Any tips. I will be uploading a pic of it tomorrow afternoon, should have most of; one of fronts done by then. You'll know what I mean. Sometimes it looks like I have skipped a stitch, but it's because that particular treble has been made too losely or tightly.

Skysmom - Yes, I am really stuck into my :chook now. I have to get this vest right. It's a losing battle right now. But I'm hanging in there... Only just :hook

Tobybob - round ripples sound delightful. I think I have done all sorts of stitches before, but lack the crochet terms. I'm a little weird that way, I tend to name things my own names. Like trebles are the long sticks... Odd ha? Well it gets worse, doubles are the medium sticks, singles are the small sticks and get this... Stitches are holes. Ha ha. It came from being shown how to crochet when I was 5 years old. I'd forgotten the names when I was first taught and never try to learn them, I never really used a patten as I only ever corcheted squares. So wasn't really into following other's patterns. Time to break that habit I guess. :think

Darn, look at the time. More clothes to wash. Catch you later in the day.

Morning folks

Thought I'd jump in early while my brain is working .

Maryd

The way you are describing your crocheting, it sounds like maybe you are just out of practice a bit,since you said you had put it down for quite a long time without working on it. Maybe once you do some more, you'll get back in the habit more and the stitches will all be the same size.

Also,I think some people tend to crochet at different tensions depending on their moods, like if they are relaxed, the stitches may be more the normal size,but if they are nervous or under pressure,the stitches may be too tight.

Once you practice a bit ,it'll all come back to you and your stitches will all match up better .

Stick with it, it'll work out in the end if you keep trying . :)

Morning folks

Thought I'd jump in early while my brain is working .

Maryd

The way you are describing your crocheting, it sounds like maybe you are just out of practice a bit,since you said you had put it down for quite a long time without working on it. Maybe once you do some more, you'll get back in the habit more and the stitches will all be the same size.

Also,I think some people tend to crochet at different tensions depending on their moods, like if they are relaxed, the stitches may be more the normal size,but if they are nervous or under pressure,the stitches may be too tight.

Once you practice a bit ,it'll all come back to you and your stitches will all match up better .

Stick with it, it'll work out in the end if you keep trying . :)

Oh Julie thanks for you vote of confidence. :hugI do believe that to be true about the nervousness. I guess I do get tense at times. Because my crochet can be tight most of the times. I should get a pic of it and post it tomorrow.

Hi House. :)

Julie ~ Maybe your sleep schedule will even out when you get used to the meds? :think It must be so hard, though. :hug

Maryd ~ I agree with Julie...with a little more practice, your stitches will get more consistent! I love your sense of humor and your signature line. :lol

I need to leave about 8. DD's house remodel is finished, except for a couple of small things they will do Monday. So she and I are going to get most of her kitchen put away and hopefully Luke's room back together today. They actually move back in on Wednesday and Luke will stay here for a night or two.

Have a great day, everyone. :manyheart

morning, peeps!

Maryd., Julie said everything I was going to say - I also have another suggestion to add: since you haven't crocheted much lately, what about making some granny squares to warm up, so to speak? Then you can go back to the vest. And in general, if an entire piece you're making isn't working up to guage, go up a hook size.

Mary, you're going to miss seeing Luke once DD's life gets back to normal.:hug

Joanne, I hope your trip up to Boston went well! Enjoy your moni vacation!!:hug

Jules, I'll bet Cam kind of enjoys looking after you for a change! Your body will right itself soon....:hug:manyheart

Another miserably HHH day here again:P...Oh, well.

Hi to Cindy, Mary, Tab, Linda - everyone!

Morning Mary

That's nice of you to help your girl out so much,and it must be exciting for her to get her house remodeld like that. It's always fun to change things up and make the rooms look different ,almost like moving,but not quite as much work.

Have fun with Luke !

Hi Jude

Yea, you're right I'm sure . I just get impatient with all this. Time to snap out of it and get some power back . Cam doesnt mind at all helping me out or doing things here a bit. He goes down to help me put in laundry or take it out . Idont ask him to do much other than that . He needs reminded sometimes to pick up his dishes and things ,but I think that's pretty typical for a boy . He's pretty self-sufficient by now,so doesnt need a whole lot of upkeep . I guess I'm mostly here to yak at him when he wants to yak . Now he has to wake me up to yak at me,but he doesnt seem to mind. :)

Another killer hot day here today too. We are back up in the 90's again . I have spent almost all summer in the house . Gotta find some time to sit out a bit ,summer is winding down already .

Morning all,

Arrived safe and sound around 9:45 this morning! My DD's headed down to the farmer's market and one of the things they are buying is fresh mint....because DD is going to make mint choc chip ice cream!!!

When they get back we're going to head out- and it's hot here too--so I hope I don't wilt!

Have a good Saturday!

Good afternoon housemates!

Quick drop in to say hello.

Julie - glad you're having a good day.

Joanne - glad you made it to Beantown safely. Have fun!

Mary - your DD is blessed with a wonderful mom! Enjoy your day!

Maryd. - I hope you get you tension together. I would do as Judy suggested...practice with some granny squares.

We're getting rain!

Have a great day ALL!

Hello everyone. I worked today, quite quiet for a change there. I'm off tomorrow and then work Monday.

Julie we haven't gone camping in a couple of years, but dd and family have used our trailer. I'm done with tent camping, I need my air conditioning and my bathroom!

MaryD, you are funny! I agree with the others, practice and it will get better. I'd also suggest learning how to follow a pattern. I think it really gives you a feel for how things are constructed and how to fit stitches together for various shapes.

Mary, I'm glad for your dd that her remodel is pretty much done. It must have been hard dealing with that while pregnant.

Joanne, hope you are having a great get-away! Get some rest!

Hi Marlene, Val, Marisa, Tab, Judy, Phyllis, Laura, Linda.......

It is definitely a HHH day here in Jersey. I think I'm turning into a puddle. I am almost finished with my shawl since it's too hot to do much else. It's a friendship shawl made loosely from a Red Heart pattern, and in this case I think I'm gonna be my own best friend.

Have a good night everyone.

It is definitely a HHH day here in Jersey. I think I'm turning into a puddle. I am almost finished with my shawl since it's too hot to do much else. It's a friendship shawl made loosely from a Red Heart pattern, and in this case I think I'm gonna be my own best friend.

I think that's a terrific idea!:clap

Morning all,

Arrived safe and sound around 9:45 this morning! My DD's headed down to the farmer's market and one of the things they are buying is fresh mint....because DD is going to make mint choc chip ice cream!!!

When they get back we're going to head out- and it's hot here too--so I hope I don't wilt!

Have a good Saturday!

How did the ice cream come out?

Here's the RR...

Measures 47 inches across. I'm going to hold onto it till I finish the boy ghan I REALLY want to make - my neighbor already has 2 boys, so odds are...I think another boy will be popping out in December.

Have a great night, my friends:hug

post-8552-135897771391_thumb.jpg

Here's the RR...

Measures 47 inches across. I'm going to hold onto it till I finish the boy ghan I REALLY want to make - my neighbor already has 2 boys, so odds are...I think another boy will be popping out in December.

Have a great night, my friends:hug

It's beautiful!

It's beginning to look like its going to rain here. Hope it does, we need it.

Good night everyone.

Judy ~ Your RR is wonderful! :cheer I really like the colors that you used!

Well, long day yesterday and another one today. :lol Luke's other grandpa will watch him, so we can get more done at the house.

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Hi everyone...had some computer problems over the last couple of days. I think they have finally been resolved as here am :)

This is a holiday weekend in Canada so we are trying to make the best of it and not just catch up on sleep ;)

So happy to have my computer back yea yea yea. Hope to catch up with all of you sometime today !

Hi all,

Skymom - Yes, you're right. Thanks, I do have a wicked sense of humour. Ha ha :)

Judianne - Thanks you may be right. I think I will do some granny squares instead, as I messed up the vest something shocking today. Ha ha. Will do a few granny squares over the week this week and see how I feel at the end of the week. Thanks for the tip. And Judianne the RR is beautiful. Golly wish my work could look so professional. :clap

luvtocrochet757 - Thanks luv, I think I will take Judy's advice and od the granny squares for a while.

Gardiner - thanks dear I will find a few patterns and play with them a bit as well. Granny sqares first then pattern.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, The rr is beautiful!

Julie, Cam probably didn't mind taking care of you. He was probably happy that he was able to come for a visit. Take it easy. The summer has gone to quickly for me. Can't believe it's almost over.

Maryd, Maybe you make your granny squares into a pillow, throw etc.

Joanne, Glad you had a safe trip. Have lots of fun with the girls.

Mary, Your such a good Mom and Grandma. Always helping were ever your needed. DD is probably really excited moving back into her home.

Laura, Have a nice day!

Cindy, Have a nice day at work.

Phyllis, Stay cool!

Val, :clap another order! :cheer

DS had the kids for a few hours yesterday. Soccer season has started so if he refs that day he'll have them less than normal. But he called and said he was on his way over to one of his friends places on a lake 30 minutes from here and if we wanted to come over they were going to go for a boat ride and the kids come swim. We went and it was nice seeing the kids. They all had a great time together. I have a gf whos parents have a place on that lake to, so we stopped and visited with them. Two of her brothers was there (one of which I went to school with, we caught up on are classmates) and her aunt. We had a really nice visit with them. They've always treated me like family.

Going to go sit outside and enjoy a not so hot day.

hi, ladies!

TY all for the compliments on the RR:hook

Hi, Laura!! Are your days still topsy-turvy?

Judianne - Thanks you may be right. I think I will do some granny squares instead, as I messed up the vest something shocking today. Ha ha. Will do a few granny squares over the week this week and see how I feel at the end of the week. Thanks for the tip. And Judianne the RR is beautiful. Golly wish my work could look so professional. :clap

You'll get there! Practice...that's waht it takes. The first time I picked up a hook in the early 70's it wasn't pretty, but I didn't give up - and then when I joined this forum I had a place where I could ask questions and my work definitely improved!

Have a good rest-of-the day! BBL

Archived