Our House Part Two

Hello housemates!

Sounds like everyone is pretty busy. I had a horrible night. Up and down in the restroom. My sister is smoking in the house which is why I can't get a clear head.

I'm 3/4 finished with the heartwarming fan ghan. I'm going to run out of yarn and will have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby. I should be able to finish the school ghans now that I've done this one.

Joanne - hope you're feeling better.

Julie - glad you've felt well enough to post.

Marisa - your business is sure to grow with the testimonial video.

Cindy - have a safe trip and enjoy!

Marlene - my mom tricked me into eating catfish by telling me it was Red Snapper many years ago.

There were severe storms in Linda's area last Tuesday.

Below is a picture of the heartwarming fan ghan from the book. I've made with the exact colors in the book. The current one is linen...slightly darker body and the hearts will be a dark and lighter brown. Off to finish up the last skein and start back on the school ghans!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Forgot to comment on Phyllis's shawl- It's beautiful!! And it looks great on you!!! Of course, the dishcloths are nice too~

Val- Nice afghan!

I started another shawl with Red Heart Soft Yarn in the color grape that I had in stash. It's a mindless pattern from Red Heart- called Romantic Lacy Shawl.--just something to do while I watch the Olympics and don't have to think. I may give it to my DD to wear to a wedding she is going to in a few weeks. She's wearing a dress with purple in it, now to see if this purple matches the purple in her dress.!

I checked and the last time Linda was online was 7/21---I sure hope all is well with her!

Marlene ~ Oh, to have temps in the 50's must be heavenly...it was 101* before noon today.:eek

Hi Julie! :manyheart

Joanne ~ You sound like you are feeling a little better? I hope so! :hug

Valerie ~ What a beautiful pattern! :)

Does he nap?:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

:lolYes, most days he takes a nap from about 1-3.

I got more done on the graph ghan last night and now think I have about 10 rows left :clap It's the homestretch now since the last 7 rows are just solid without any color changes :yes

Mary - Good luck with your laundry while having Luke there. If you're done with washer and are folding from the dryer or hanging clothes, etc my mom would stand him in the washer :wink

What a great idea! :D But knowing him, he' figure out how to reach around the lid and turn it on. :lol

Wonderful progress on your graph ghan! :cheer

Forgot I was in quick post. Here is picture!

beautiful pattern!!

...can't your sister smoke outside since it bothers you so much??:hug

I put a couple more rows on the square - this square will have the silhouette of a cat.:D

CU all tomorrow!

Started making the hearts for the ghan. I need 2 more skeins of the linen to finish the ghan. I have 29 more rows out of 105. I will complete the hearts on tomorrow.

Judy - she usually smokes outside. I don't know why she does this every now and then. Oh well!

Have a good night all.

'morning everyone!

I see we're in a lull these past couple of days...sluggish - like the weather:sweat

It feels like a tropical jungle out there this morning, but I have to run to the laundromat - king size bedding and my washer/dryer don't go well together - and a quick run to the food store. Planning on enchiladas for dinner:D

BBL....:hug

Hi folks

Quick check in - on the way to the doc --appt is at 9:15, so gotta get a move on .

No word from Linda, tried PM, EM and also contacted her girl by EM. No word from any of those . Hopefully she is ok . Not sure how else to contact her unless we'd snail mail her,which would take several days to send and get a reply . She may just be busy and not able to take time to go to the library or elsewhere to get some computer time in. Let's hope that's all it is .

Hope everyone else has a good day . Will check in later sometime .

Hi folks

Quick check in - on the way to the doc --appt is at 9:15, so gotta get a move on .

No word from Linda, tried PM, EM and also contacted her girl by EM. No word from any of those . Hopefully she is ok . Not sure how else to contact her unless we'd snail mail her,which would take several days to send and get a reply . She may just be busy and not able to take time to go to the library or elsewhere to get some computer time in. Let's hope that's all it is .

Hope everyone else has a good day . Will check in later sometime .

good luck at the doc!!!!:hug:manyheart

Good Morning, House! DH should be back with Little Guy before long, so this might be quick. :)

Julie ~ I hope all goes well at the doctor's this morning. :manyheart Thank you for trying to check up on Linda...I know we all miss her terribly.

Judy ~ Can't wait to see your new graph squares! Will they all be dogs and/or cats?

Valerie ~ I am still amazed at that gorgeous pattern! You're really close to finishing.:clap

They're back...will check in later! Have a great morning, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I finished my graph ghan last night and the first base round of the border :clap Now I just have to decide on a border to do :think But, for tonight I'm going to the Pirates game....so there will be no hooking for me. I got the ticket for free for volunteering for an event a couple weeks ago and also got one for Sunday as well. Also going on Sat with a huge group that my sister organizes for her work every year and since all the tix didn't sell (150), she opened it up to friends and what was left I think she bought and is selling on stubhub :think Anyways, Sat is also a fireworks night and Styx is playing too :yay

I managed to get my badorkus to the pool this morning, but found I didn't feel like it again today and was in slow motion the the whole time :shrug I'm thinking it's because of the olympics since I keep staying up watching it :idea Hopefully I'll be better after its conclusion :xfin I'm excited for the women's beach volleyball tonight.....USA vs. USA for the gold, I guess we can safely say we have a gold and silver 'in the bag' :lol So, I set the dvr to tape tonight while we're at the game. I'll watch it in the morning.

I need to run some errands for Steph this afternoon. Boy, she is super stressed and although she often makes her own stress.....she really is getting hit with a phase of 'anything that can happen, WILL happen' right now. :sigh

Val - WTG on your ghan and the hearts :cheer

Judy - Enchiladas sound yummy :drool Have fun at the laundromat :wink I'm guessing some hooking or nooking will keep your company :lol

Julie - I hope your doctor appt goes well this morning :hug I also sent Linda a PM, Monday I think, and haven't heard back yet.

Mary - Have fun with Luke, as I'm sure you will :yes

Morning/afternoon housemates!

Mary - have fun with Luke. I was hoping to get the ghan done today...perhaps tomorrow.

Judy - hope trip to laundromat goes quickly.

Marisa - can't wait to see picture of ghan.

Julie - praying for a good trip to the doctor.

Back to making hearts until I get to Hobby Lobby!

Have a good day housemates!

Hi folks

Home from the doc. All went well. This was my last followup with the surgeon,so I didnt think this one would amount to much .

Val

Your heart afghan is going to be gorgeous when done.

Marisa

Sounds like you have lots of fun things on tap . Sorry your sis is stressed . I understand , I do that myself. I think some people just worry a lot and others don't. I wish I was in the other camp .

We'll be excited to see your afghan finished .

Jude

Waddya got on tap down your way today ? Hope it has cooled off some for you. Our weather has been a bit better, in the 80's this week and we had one good hard rain,but everything still looks dead and brown.

Mary

Don't let Luke wear you out . I bet you are thinking the same thing I used to -- how did I keep up with my kids when they were that little,and why doesn't this one ever sit down and hold still ? When you are used to grown kids, they are like paperweights. They stay in one spot,but toddlers are like ping pong balls in a windstorm. Never know which direction they will go next . :lol

Good morning--or should I say good afternoon?

I'm starting to feel much better- still a little congested, but definitely on the mend. Just a little post nasal drip and don't have to blow my nose every two seconds (or so it seemed).

DH took me out to breakfast tomorrow since this is my last day of 'vacation' and he knows it is my favorite meal to eat out. Plus he's working late tonight.

Like Judy said, it's hot/humid and generally yucky out today--supposed to be like this the rest of the week.

Marisa- Have fun at the game tonight- hope it's not too hot!!! I am looking forward to the beach volleyball game tonight too!! It should be fun!!

Julie- Glad it went well at the doctor. thanks for checking up on Linda via email and PM- and I was also thinking about contacting her DD, but didn't know how- glad you were able to- hopefully you'll hear something back from one of them soon.

Mary- Have fun with Luke- I'll bet your DD is glad to be getting her house back in order.

Judy- Hope you didn't melt at the laundromat- and your dinner of enchiladas sounds yummy. I'm thinking of just having a salad for dinner since DH won't be here- no muss, no fuss!!!

Val- WTG on the afghans!

Laura- thinking of you- and wondering if you are still having internet issues? Or if the midnight shift has you all upside down!!!

Have a good day!

Judy ~ Can't wait to see your new graph squares! Will they all be dogs and/or cats?

no, I already have the dog square made (months ago) and in addition to the cat will be an elephant, lion, cow and horse. Animals any little one can readily identify - and who will love the sound effects when the parents try and describe the animals to them:lol:lol

Joanne, I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better.

Marisa, enjoy the game! The Pirates are really doing well this year.

The laundromat was deserted this morning, so I started the machine, told the attendant I would be back, got a few groceries, came back to put the wash in the dryer, ran home to put the food away, emptied the sink and the clean dishes from the dishwasher, ran back and got the bedding from the dryer.:)

....and it's very humid here:P

Off I go - BBL!

Julie - glad you made it home and all is well.

Judy - you did very well with the trip to the laundromat...killing several birds at once.

Joanne - glad you're on the mend. Are you doing any hooking today?

Wow Judy, you were on the move this morning! :eek Glad to hear you made good use of your time and got a lot done.

Joanne - Glad to hear that you are feeling better :hug

Well, my sisters cleaning people came yesterday and she's going to fire them!! We've been suspecting of them for a while now and trying to keep a close eye on things. They've been taking change and who knows what else. Well, Steph's been complaining for a while about how quickly we go through toilet paper....I remember telling her months ago that living alone I'd use about a roll a week, so that's about how much extra since I moved in to what they were already using it should have been. Anyways, well lets say I'm due for my cycle this week and it starts yesterday. So I check what products I already have in the closet and determine I need to purchase more because it's not enough for the week. So I come home yesterday and am going to combine my new box with the old box and what do I find but an empty box!!!! Now remember, I coincidentally checked in the morning so knew exactly what was there. Of course I asked Steph, and she didn't take any (figured there was no need to ask Bean :lol ) and the best part is they only do the 3rd floor every other visit and this was the off week so there was absolutely no reason for them to even be on my floor!!!! But, how the heck do you seriously leave an empty box!?!?!? I'm really baffled at the stupidity. Steph's going to end it on a good note and not say anything and just tell them they need to readjust their finances with me living there and all and that we're not sure how long I'll be there and with the extra costs for food and such, this is just somewhere for them to cut back on. I said she can't really give them a notice or they'd probably really clean her out on that last visit :think She's calling the alarm company to cancel their security code effective immediately so if they happened to make a copy of the key and try to come back in later......big trouble!!! Oh boy, like I said....when it rains it pours and she hasn't had a break in a few weeks now :(

OK, just needed to vent a bit. I'm good now :wink Gonna get ready to run my errands.

Oh, wow, Marissa- that stinks!!!! I think that is one reason why I've been so hesitant to hire a cleaning person- as much as I want one!!!

Without further ado, finally got pics of my granny stripe and some of the Queen Ann lace scarves---

post-27163-135897771919_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897771924_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897771926_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897771929_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897771932_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897771934_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897771938_thumb.jpg

Jude

Wow ,you have been a hard worker today and got a lot done !

Joanne

good to hear you are feeling better and you get or got to go eat breakfast. I think you said you were going tomorrow .

Marisa

Wow, your sis is nice3r than I would be,if the cleaners are chintzy enough to steal toilet paper ? Good grief, I would have turned them in . They'll get jobs elsewhere doing the same or worse . I'm glad she is getting rid of them at least. That's pretty low to do that .

Jude

Wow ,you have been a hard worker today and got a lot done !

Joanne

good to hear you are feeling better and you get or got to go eat breakfast. I think you said you were going tomorrow . Just looked at my earlier post- I did say tomorrow- but what I meant to say was I went out to breakfast today!:lol

Marisa

Wow, your sis is nice3r than I would be,if the cleaners are chintzy enough to steal toilet paper ? Good grief, I would have turned them in . They'll get jobs elsewhere doing the same or worse . I'm glad she is getting rid of them at least. That's pretty low to do that .

Joanne - I love the ghan scarves. What are you doing with the ghan? I'm keeping the granny stripe for myself. I love how cheerful it is and it makes me happy just to look at it! The scarves are going to be Christmas gifts for some of my co-workers

Marisa - sorry your sister is going thRough.

DD called and she and Ryan and I are going to Panera's for dinner!:)

Oh, wow, Marissa- that stinks!!!! I think that is one reason why I've been so hesitant to hire a cleaning person- as much as I want one!!!

Without further ado, finally got pics of my granny stripe and some of the Queen Ann lace scarves---

I love all your projects Joanne! :manyheart The brights draw my attention in the ghan and the scarves are just beautiful :yes

Marisa

Well, we've been trying to pinpoint things. Because they only come every other week and until you notice that you're low on something and 3 different people in the house pulling for the 'stock'......well, you get the picture. There is always a lot of people in and out at her house, but I must say that all of her friends are very respectful of each other and are just good people. So, we just needed the bit of time to confirm our suspicions.....these ladies have been cleaning her house for almost 3 years now :eek

DD called and she and Ryan and I are going to Panera's for dinner!:)

Have fun :yay

Julie - glad you made it home and all is well.

Judy - you did very well with the trip to the laundromat...killing several birds at once.

Joanne - glad you're on the mend. Are you doing any hooking today?

I'm known for multitasking....:lol:lol:lol:lol

Beautiful work! And I would keep the GS too. It's so happy!

Marisa, there must be a way to alert other people (future customers of theirs) to the lightfingered habits of the cleaning people! That's terrible!!

Off I go for tonight. Have a good one my friends:hug:manyheart